All Label LIVE Reviews

Jeffrey

Financial Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed November 2023

Easy To Use, Far Better Than Free Software That Came With Label Printer

I switched from the software that came with the printer. The "iDPRT Label Designer" software was not listed in the drop-down box of other products below, but, suffice it to say, it was not good software.

PROS

Simple to use. Easy to go from starting the software to editing a label without unnecessary steps in between. I like the ability to duplicated saved labels which allows quickly modeling new label formats the same as previous labels.

CONS

I honestly haven't run into any issues that have caused me any problems.

Reasons for switching to Label LIVE

Software that came with the printer was very basic and lacked many features. Editing labels was difficult because the software had troubles with snapping and justification.

Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed April 2022

Thank you for a great product!

One final story that I thought was pretty cool and I wanted to pass along. I was recently in Malawi for a surgical program with a surgical NGO. I met with the hospital [SENSITIVE CONTENT] in Kamuzu Central Hospital in the Capital of Malawi, Lilongwe. He saw our patient writstband IDs (which used the labels generated from your software)/labels on our patient charts and wanted to see how he could take our solution as a way to better track all patients in their hospital. Their current solution requires ID band shipment from China, which is expensive and has too much lag time from time of ordering for it to be a consistent solution for them. I sat down with him and showed him how easy Label Live is and explained how much cheaper it is compared to many other label software solutions, without sacrificing quality. I shared with him my excel sheet with our coding for them to generate similar labels and UIDs for all patients. Your product has made our solution cheap, easy to generate with programs like excel, not require any wifi and is extremely user friendly and intuitive. A solution that I thought was just a simple solution (and not one I thought of being used as a total hospital solution) is actually extremely enticing in a low resource environment where budgets are tight. You really don't think of the impact a simple solution can have until you're in environments where every dollar counts (Malawi is the 11th poorest country in the world). He was extremely impressed with your software.

PROS

I have been using your software around the world and it has been an incredibly easy product/tool to use in creating patient labels and QR codes with our patient unique identifiers, and even easier to train our teams to use because of how simple and intuitive it is. We have purchased licenses for our teams around the globe. While other technology pieces have changed as we’ve trialed things in low resource settings, Label Live has been a consistent and reliable piece of the entire solution package that continues to meet our needs. So thank you for creating this label solution!

CONS

Sometimes it is difficult to download the software when I am abroad and trying to download directly from the LabelLive website. Sometimes I need to download from the google store, but because I am mostly an apple user, this leads to a good amount of time figuring out workarounds to get the software downloaded and licenses purchased.

Reason for choosing Label LIVE

Price and how easy it was to use. Also, the customer service is personal and extremely available.

simonetta

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

LABEL LIVE - AWESOME

It's possible connect an excel data file with label editor to create all type of thing that you need. It's so so "intelligent": you can add sheet on excel file, fields, data inside fields, ...and Label Live update all instantly. Software house offered me for free a duplicated license permitting me to work on desktop and laptop computer: thank you so much. I'm so happy to use Label Live and I raccomanded to all people to try the 20 days free version.

PROS

I connected an excel data file with label editor to create receipt to our association members. I used editor function without looking instructions and it's so easy It's so so "intelligent": you can add sheet on excel file, fields, data inside fields, and Label Live update all instantly. Software house offered me for free a duplicated license permitting me to work on desktop and laptop computer: thank you so much. I'm so happy to use Label Live and I raccomanded to all people to try the 20 days free version.

CONS

At this moment, I liked everything

Reasons for switching to Label LIVE

Because I need to connect with an excel file where I add data and then I need to generate a receipt. Other software can't do it

Lawrence

Accounting, 1 employee

excellent support

PROS

ability to make QR codes on the fly and the ability to use multiple thermal printers.

CONS

Learning curve to set it up properly with my printer.

Needed more customization

Steve

Retail, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2023

Fabulous product that does everything we could possibly want

Sublime, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend based on our experience

PROS

Ease of use, incredible features, fantastic support, low cost, runs on Macs!

CONS

There are no discernible downsides in our context.

Reasons for switching to Label LIVE

LabelJoy runs only in Windows and forced me to run a Virtual Machine. I had been searching without success for a Mac equivalent for some time.

Craig

Automotive, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2022

We like Label LIVE

We are very happy with Label LIVE. It solves compatibility problems with some of our newer equipment and lets us rapidly produce the shipping labels vital to our business.

PROS

Label LIVE is intuitive and easy to use even for the most complicated shipping label requirements devised by our customers. It fits in well with our work flow and notably is compatible with the newer M1 Macintosh computers and has a built in driver for our thermal printer - something that is otherwise difficult to find. Customer support is outstanding: When we found the product missing an element critical to our workflow, the Label LIVE people were able to add it in for us in just a couple of days.

CONS

Previewing and editing individual labels created from a batch import could be improved.

Reasons for switching to Label LIVE

The previous software was no longer compatible with new equipment mainly because MS SQL is not available for computers using ARM type processors like the M1 (even though Win11 is).

Mario

Wholesale, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2022

I am in love with this Program

My experience with the program are very low as i Test it for 1 day via trail version . After one day of trying I really liked it and bought the business version . At the moment I am still in to set up all our different labels . So it’s is at the moment just in use for me until I Setup everything

PROS

That we can use excel as an database , so many options to design labels

CONS

Till now I find nothing what is wrong for me . But as there is always something i will let you know as soon as i found it !

Reasons for switching to Label LIVE

We needed to find a System our employees have less to deal with labels and make also less mistakes . I have the feeling with this program we find the perfect solution.

Niki

Medical Practice, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Label LIVE is very helpful!

Overall, I have a positive experience! I was not only able to accomplish creating the barcodes that I needed with the help of [sensitive content hidden], but I was also able to learn more about application functions.

PROS

The bulk feature is fairly easy to navigate and efficient for industrial purposes.

CONS

It was initially unclear to me what the function of the Print Preview option is.

Reasons for switching to Label LIVE

We had to manually generate barcodes and copy/paste them into the Word document.

Printing, 2-10 employees

Great Program - Easy to Use

Overall Label LIVE has saved me a ton of time and makes me look great.

PROS

Very easy to use. The program is simple but does a lot. You do not need to be a computer whiz to figure it out. Whenever I have a question, the developer responds in a timely manner and gets me the answer I need.

CONS

I do not have any complaints about Label LIVE.

Chriestoff

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Reviewed January 2024

Great Product, does what its supposed to do

Very good product, it does exactly what its supposed to do.

PROS

Great Product, does what its supposed to do. Love the QR code function and the easy user interface

CONS

Wish there were more tiers in terms of subscriptions

Tony

Higher Education, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2022

Outstanding Software, and Great Customer Service!

As a long-time label printer user, I decided to move from a USB-teathered label printer to a spiffy new wifi printer a few months ago, replacing my Dymo Label Printer and it's archaic LabelMaker software with a new Rollo Wireless model. After purchasing the Rollo, I quickly discovered that the label printing software accompanying the Rollo was simply not yet ready for public sale. It was complicated to use, required multiple settings changes to format different sized labels, and worst of all, it didn't work with my Windows PC at all (Rollo's software would only print 4x6 labels, so that whenever I tried to change label sizes, the label print job would hang in my Windows print queue). I contacted Rollo's technical support area for help, and while waiting three weeks for their response, I went searching for another solution to my printer problem. That's how I discovered LabelLive. And LabelLive simply solved all of my print problems with the new wireless Rollo. I simply installed the LL program, configured my label, set the proper label size inside LL, selected the Rollo printer driver inside LL, and clicked the "Print" icon. For the first time since I'd purchased my new Rollo printer, a perfectly formatted label simply rolled right out of the printer. And the same thing happened when I changed to a different label size. Now my Rollo printer works flawlessly, with all different size labels, and hardly any effort on my part to reconfigure the printer. I love it!

PROS

It's so easy to install and use LabelLive. The software is straightforward, intuitive, and easy to learn and use with a variety of different label formats and sizes. In comparison with other label software products available on the market, it's far better! It formats and prints different size labels on a variety of common label printers without a lot of drama; it offers none of the print driver technical issues that confound other label printer software; and it's quite simple to design, compose, and print an infinite variety of different label sizes and formats. In addition, customer support for the product is outstanding. If you encounter a problem, or have difficulty in using the software, simply contact the developers and they'll respond with a workable solution within a day or two.

CONS

Since I'm a relatively new user, I haven't yet encountered anything that I don't like about the product. When I did notice a few things about LabelLive that I wanted to see added and/or changed within the program, the developers were very responsive to my suggestions and implemented changes to the program within a day or two.

Reason for choosing Label LIVE

Because LabelLive simply transformed my new wireless Rollo from a boat anchor into a really useful little label printer. Without LL, I would have returned the printer to Rollo for a refund.

Reasons for switching to Label LIVE

I wanted to move away from a USB label printer that's tied to a single computer, and use a wireless printer that's connected to my network, like all of my other current printers.

Guy

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Take that SMEAD

We have professional looking labels for our HR and Special Education department files designed exactly just the way we wanted them. Everybody is happy.

PROS

After getting a ONE day notice that SMEAD was discontinuing their ridiculously expensive labelling system we were left scrambling for a replacement. I thought they would just remove their restrictive environment and place their non-supported software in the public domain and allow us to continue to use it but that was not the case. I needed to find a replacement QUICK. Luckily I found Label Live. I love the trial allowed for full use without worrying about watermarks etc. Once I designed the replacement labels we needed, we could start to use software immediately. The support staff was quickly trained and we purchased the full version. So far so good!

CONS

We are a school system and wished we could have used a purchase order. Just makes things cleaner for the auditors. Disclaimer: they do allow purchase orders for 5 or more licenses.

Reasons for switching to Label LIVE

They left us high and dry!

alisha

Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Excellent Product, Customer Service and Very User Friendly!

We were really stressed out when our label software we had for over a decade no longer worked and we were printing our box labels in Word which was a nightmare with 200+ box shipments, printing one by one. But once we realized we could not generate UPCA retail price tickets we had to act fast. After a few trials with other label software companies I stick with Label LIVE due to the functionality, ease of use and service.

PROS

After being tasked with replacing our outdated label maker software I came across Label LIVE several times and they offer a free trial so no risk. I tried it for 13 days and loved it, then paid the one-time fee. It is SO easy to use, anyone can sit down and understand the software. It has all the functions we need to create barcode labels, rack labels, box labels and so much more. I love the importing function is has for importing our excel files; I can just click and print all styles with their UPCs on the entire spreadsheet. I really appreciated that when I had questions I could shoot an email over to the company and receive an almost immediate reply which was really helpful if I ran into any issues or needed a work around. Once I did get a reply it was straight to the point and straight to a solution. This is a HUGE plus for our company as we strive to provide the same level of service to our own customers.

CONS

I saw one area of improvement which is the print function, when you print 20 labels or any qty over 1 it prints each label one by one, instead of consecutively. Now this could be user-error like I need to find some setting to get it to print consecutively or its my label printers, not sure just yet.

Fine Art, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Great Support is important to your business as much as your software.

Below is my review of Label.Live. I wrote the review because of the great support I received from your agent Caylan L.. Above and beyond support. Label.Live has changed the way I do business. Throughout the year my taxidermy shop receives many animals from hunters, roadkills, teachers, museums, etc.. All of them need to be checked in properly for our tracking, and also logged & tagged according to State and Federal laws. I enter client information into Excel, “The State/Fed. Record Book”, and Label.Live automatically formats tags in their software using the data. The tags are affixed to the animal the entire time it is in the shop until it is delivered to the client. I print the tags using a DYMO 450 Twin Turbo. It was VERY cumbersome before Label.Live when people would bring multiple animals that all needed hand written tags. Additionally, Label.Live easily allows me to incorporate licensing and other data that law enforcement officers would want to see if my records were audited. It is very important my software works quickly and efficiently since I haven’t a secretary. Thank you for all of the great support I have received and the software! I would recommend your software to any of my friends or colleagues. All the best ~ James Lee, Nature Coast Taxidermy, LLC"

PROS

The efficiencies it created in my daily routine along with the control it gave me in assigning and logging record #'s over my employees. As owner/President I hold 100% liability if something is off with the assigned numbers. Before I couldn't do this, now I am able...

CONS

There isn't anything that I didn't like.

Reason for choosing Label LIVE

My daily operations are conducted using MS Excel realtime, in front of customers. I count on my labels coming out efficiently and QUICKLY. I read your reviews and used the free trial, what did I have to lose? I bought the software the same evening...

Alex

Machinery, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Labeling Made Easy

We use labels with our WASP printer and a typical laser printer for Avery labels. We had hundreds of label files for each product and all had a slightly different design. Now with Label live, we create one label template for each size and use the data upload to dynamically print any particular product we need. It is such a great process improvement, the actual interface is easy to use and clear, and support has been very prompt and willing to help troubleshoot any issue. We also sometimes had printing issues where the image on the software looked terrible once actually printed (blurry images or text), but with label live it gives an accurate preview of how the label will print and allows you to tweak the design as needed.

PROS

Label live's sleek user interface and well thought out features makes creating beautiful custom labels very easy and straightforward. By far the best reason for our purchase was the feature that allows you to upload a spreadsheet and customize variables on the label - so instead of hundreds of label files for our products, we only need one label file and one spreadsheet to indicate the product name, number and barcode. Now all our labels look great and we have a new consistency across our labels.

CONS

I wish there were more self-help resources online other than the YouTube videos and the FAQ on the label live website.

Reasons for switching to Label LIVE

We had hundreds of label files - so when we needed to update the look or add a logo it would take months to actually update everything. With label live that's no longer a concern.

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed July 2023

studying the company label live

All in all, it is an excellent company, very complete and delivers great work, which always seeks to innovate for the good of the company and those who will use its services.

PROS

I liked the practicality of how the work is done and the company's concern to make work easier for its employees by making codes easier in different ways and facilitating product identification.

CONS

I believe that the company does not need to put a lot of effort into product designs, and focus on information.

Todd