All Divi Reviews

Stasha

E-Learning, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2021

Divi has it all

I am satisfied with it. My experience is good. The Divi is stable, and I like it more than Elementor. It's just my opinion. I created many websites and landing pages with Divi, and every time is a unique and beautiful feeling to be a creator. I can make a site very fast because of the library option to save my layouts and modes. I love the import-export option as well.

PROS

It's easy to manage. There are a lot of valuable options. You don't have to be a connoisseur to use the options, but a designer's prior knowledge of the Divi is recommended. The truth is that with Divi Builder, you can easily make a masterpiece. It has a unique design and simplicity that easily achieves harmony and a popular look. Everything is in the service of good design, and if you are not a person who enjoys creating, there are ready-made templates that you can insert into the page with one click. They are easy to edit. So, Divi is a simple, good-looking, handy Theme, Builder and it has it all ready to help you with your work.

CONS

Everything is good when Divi has no strange things between you and your success. If you experience that builder is not equal with frontend look after you exit the builder, you can try some things to fix. You can contact support, but you probably know all the tricks if you have been a user for more than a month. Support won't give you anything you didn't find through Google search. But, you are not alone if you don't mind giving someone access to your site because they will ask for it if you want help, and nothing became helpful before. So, the support is good and, at the same time, maybe not educated enough to help you without admin rights. Divi sometimes has bugs that can be annoying, e.g., you can change the look on mobile, but sometimes Divi changes it also on PC.

Reason for choosing Divi

Divi is simplified and more like something that I can efficiently work with on my projects.

Ineke

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2024

The best theme I know

I'm not a great website-builder or technician, but even I can build beautiful sites with Divi.

PROS

Divi is very easy to use and has loads of features if you're interested, but even the standard settings are beautiful. I love the clean style.

CONS

Sometimes it's hard to find the options and possibilities. I do miss a real good 'manual'.

Reason for choosing Divi

More options and flexible in design, I can make it more 'my own thing'.

Reasons for switching to Divi

It had less possibilities. The looks were more old-fashioned. And it was more difficult to work with.

Aloice

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Divi Simple Customizations

I have a fantastic experience working with Divi.

PROS

The vast customization by Divi and the ease of use of Divi. Customizations help solve various needs.

CONS

Divi is simple and easy to use and that makes it to have no dislikes at all.

Kurt

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2022

A slow, bumpy road with a dead end

I manage multiple sites and train managers to use them on a regular basis. Divi is consistently requires the most training and administrative support. Divi consistently takes longer to do simple edits and results in more errors per edit than any other theme we use. Divi requires a lot of server resources and bandwidth for simple actions, making it slow for admins and punishing mobile end users who may have limited bandwidth/poor connections. A faster server will only help so much - you can't spend your way out of this.

PROS

1 - The system uses a layout system/library to allow for shared layout elements - such as headers/footers. Allows for custom elements on each page. 2 - Divi provides a WYSIWYG editor.

CONS

1 - Divi was built before WordPress used blocks and was intended to solve some of the sames issues and is incompatible. WordPress blocks are far easier to use and understand. 2 - The WSYWG editor is confusing and SLOW. Save does not always mean save, restore features lie and don't work. 3 - Divi uses separate content for mobile and desktop. A single edit must be made in multiple places. 4 - The layout system/library is hard to use and probably could have been addressed more easily using widgets or other tools provided and supported by the WordPress core. At least you don't have to touch it much. 5 - Divi does not respect boundaries between content and format. It inserts a huge amount of formatting cruft into the content which makes it slow for users. And expensive to impossible to change themes or platforms without starting from scratch. If you expect your project to have a long life, this carries significant future costs/limitations. Divi tries to do things its own way. This means that the user skills learned are not transferable and site content itself is not transferable, and that prior knowledge can't be applied. I wonder if Elegant Themes really wanted to build their own CMS from ground up without WordPress - it has always felt to me like they were trying to write a new CMS on top of another, adding new sins to old, adding redundant layers of processing and administration.

Reason for choosing Divi

The marketing firm did not have a web developer at the time they accepted the design contract. The developer they hired (after the contract was already late) did not have much experience.

Monica

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

One Time Purchase for a Definitive Solution

I love Divi, i really am satisfied with it.

PROS

Is a One Time purchase product. No licences, no subscription, no limits on the product itself. You get what you buy. Basically they offers a one time purchase product with the guarantee of future updates, complete customization and even a infinite number of licences for web agencies.

CONS

Their Visual Editor is slow, sometimes updating the product disrupt custom codes or compatibility with some third parties divi extentions.

Reasons for switching to Divi

Elementor was limited in the free version and doesn't offer a one time purchase solution.

Vanessa

Graphic Design, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2024

Awesome Product and Customer Support

PROS

Took the mystery and staleness out of WordPress

CONS

Nothing has frustrated me so far. It may be expensive for some, but as I use it in my business, I can cover the expense.

Reason for choosing Divi

Offers a content management system by enabling user/editor roles to my clients without the worry of them breaking the site.

Victor

Oil & Energy, 11-50 employees

Divi: A Must Have Website Builder

Website and online store builder creation.

PROS

With Divi, it is straightforward to develop stunning websites without coding.

CONS

Every aspect works lit apart from high cost of acquiring some services such as domain registration.

Meeka

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Divi Support Success

It's definitely loaded with features. But it takes a while to learn them all.

PROS

I do like all the options for Divi, but it is a steep learning curve. I am happy today as I got excellent support to resolve a problem I had spent hours on.

CONS

It's heavy and I believe it slows down our site a bit.

Lynn

Business Supplies and Equipment, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2024

[sensitive content hidden] solved my issue in less than 10 minutes!

PROS

Support available to work with you live in chat

CONS

Some things are hard to get used to, but once you know them it's easy

Joseph

Fund-Raising, 2-10 employees

Best theme ever

9/10 in most cases it’s been great and it’s made my business easier to grow.

PROS

Consistent and easier to understand than Elementor.

CONS

Many customers already used Elementor so it was challenging at times to build their site.

Reason for choosing Divi

Price and initial promo were hard to turn down. I believe it was a Black Friday LTD promo.

Michał

Writing and Editing, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2021

Invaluable support and troubleshooting assistance

Divi helps a person like me in learning and working. I am involved in web design and the construction of online stores. I usually add products and list. I invested in Divi to put my online service store. Now I build other sites and shops with Divi.

PROS

Thank you very much to the whole team and all Divi maniacals for their support in solving WordPress problems. In particular, thank you very much for 72 hours of joint fight against language problems on the site. Thank you for any suggestions and ideas. The choice of your software was a hit... Not only because it's intuitive, not only because it's innovative, but above all, it has amazing support!

CONS

I have no objections. It's the best software on the market and it's being improved all the time.

Reason for choosing Divi

I have long thought about which software will be best for learning and implementation. I chose Divi because of the one-time fee. Then I was convinced by the product itself, followed by excellent technical support.

Reasons for switching to Divi

I was tempted by the price. Then I met more positive reviews, especially the lack of negative ones. Then came the question of simplicity in operation. I also like YouTube ads so I can learn more about the features of this software. Above all, I am convinced by the technical support. In addition, there is also an interesting market for plugins and add-ons. All this makes this software - a perfect product.

Jay

Internet, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2022

Divi for WordPress Review

Overall thoughts about Divi are: It is worth the money, It will speed up your build time make you more productive and the premade templates help you create an amazing website fast.

PROS

Divi is very easy to set up and get started building your website. The documentation is detailed and complete.The user interface is simple and easy to use.You can build custom layouts, headers, body, footers and more.YOu can save any page or layout you have made to reuse on the current website or a different website that you are using Dive to build it with.

CONS

Divi seems to slow down the website load speed a little. The load time of the builder could be faster at times.

Reason for choosing Divi

I choose Divi over Elementor because of the pricing package and I liked the way Divi's user interface looked.Plus Divi has better premade layouts/templates.

Reasons for switching to Divi

I made the switch to Divi because of the pricing(value) and how it helped me build great looking websites fast.

Simon

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2022

Wordpress Theme of choice

I played around with using a proper Premium theme for Wordpress and came across Divi via recommendations. I first of all used the licence for one website and quickly saw the value, as a developer, for upgrading to a lifetime licence. I'd used Solostream themes, but their support fell off a cliff, and Divi's support has generally been decent. The product has grown massively in the time I've used it, the visual builder is superb

PROS

Very easy to use for non-technical users. Allows myself as a web designer/developer to build attractive Wordpress websites. Regularly updates to offer new functionality and receptive to feedback for new functionality or issues with current ones. Lifetime licence.

CONS

Some of the functions could be better - sliders not great, forms are ok but there are better ones out there. It's not cheap, but I think the lifetime licence (which I have) is good value.

Reason for choosing Divi

I always consider other products, I have yet to find a reason to switch away from Divi, particularly as I have a lifetime licence.

Reasons for switching to Divi

Support and functionality primarily, but Divi offer so much more for the money.

Stephen

Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Divi is amazing... and their team is more amazing-er

Divi customer support team is amazing. If you have a problem with your site that is builder related, their team goes above and beyond to solve the problem. For instance I had a small coding error on one of my sites recently, the team not only fix the issue, they also provided a small CSS code snippet that made the page look even better! Great job team!

PROS

I have been using Divi To design websites for small companies, nonprofits, and churches for years. The functionality makes it easy to design and then turn over to a client. It's ease-of-use is top drawer amongst WordPress websites!

CONS

it's difficult to think of a con when I am always so pleased with the software. However, if they were to be one pitfall, I might say there is a fair learning curve to access some of the more detailed capabilities. But I feel that way about most software.

Reasons for switching to Divi

recommendations from other website builders that have used a multitude of themes or other building companies.

Rodrigo

Media Production, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2020

Probably the best wordpress theme in the world

It was hard in the beginning for me to learn, but not for the reason you would think so. I was so used to do design in more rigid themes that took extra effort that my brain was finding it hard to actually accept that doing things here was THAT easy. In the end I loved the usage so much that I bought the lifetime license and I use this theme in all my websites. Also the native features of the theme allowed me to eliminate about 10 plugins from my site and making it faster.

PROS

It is really hard to choose, because there are so many great features, but obviously the ability to actually see how your design is going to look like in real time and be able to switch to phone, tablet and desktop is a huge time saver and such a great help for UI/UX.

CONS

This is probably a nitpick, but I think in the Divi General Options, you should add a "Social Media" Tab, and put here a list of ALL the social networks available to people, the current options are too limited and outdated (Google+ is still an option even though that social network doesn't exists anymore). This is a feature easily found in all other themes. One great example you can take for this feature is found in the "X Theme", and while I was able to add all my social media icons to my site, I doubt most people will be thrilled to touch the code files inside the theme folder. Again, even if you know how to do it, it's a bit frustrating to go to the code files for every change you want to make when you know other themes allow you to do this pretty easily. But to be fair, compared to all the benefits from Divi, this is a minor issue.

Reasons for switching to Divi

X Theme is amazing on it's own, and definitely a good option for those who have a tight budget as the lifetime license is 6 times cheaper than Divi. However X theme is not perfect, and changed they did at the end to switch the design system ended up messing the design I already have by just updating the theme, without a way of turning back and the theme heavily relies on other plugins to add functionalities which make the website run slower. So, when the time came to have to remake the design because the update screwed up mine, trying Divi didn't seem like a bad choice, so I did and I was so impressed that I purchased the lifetime license and moved completely and with that decision I was able to eliminate about 10 plugins from my site and do many modifications that allowed my site to load WAY faster.

Wow. Thank you so much for your wonderful review Rodrigo! We really appreciate your candid feedback here. We are always working on new great features for Divi. I will also pass this feedback along to our team. So glad to hear that Divi is working out so well for you. :)

Replied May 2020

Yann

Online Media, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2021

The WordPress site builder everyone should look into

My overall experience with Divi has been a very good one. The tool is solid and brings a lot to the table – and the fact that's being updated and improved on a regular basis doesn't only make it one of the top WordPress builders out there, but also one that, once you've started using, is probably going to be with you for several years.

PROS

There are several features I think make Divi an incredible tool. Firstly, there's the library of templates (layouts) you can easily load and use, or customize to add your own branding elements. The user interface is relatively easy to navigate and the Drag-and-Drop approach makes the webpage-building process really intuitive. An additional feature I'm a big fan of is the ability to save and export page templates I have created and would like to use for other pages – and I can even import the exported page template to a different website running on Divi too. Plus, Divi Builder can even be paired and used with a different WordPress theme, which makes it a real Swiss army knife for anyone interested in building a website.

CONS

While it's possible to add, customize and resize elements for different devices (e.g. laptop, smartphone, and tablet), I have had issues with this feature in the past. For some reason, some images wouldn't be made completely responsive on a tablet with a portrait orientation...not ideal.

Adam