• Pros

• "Highly flexible and customizable. Huge feature set. Fast customer support. "

• "Interface when building pages is nice and clean, the page testing features are very helpful, a lot of the built-in functionality makes building pages easy."

• "I love how you can preview your work in ION before making it live."

• Cons

• "Not as easy to use as it could be, although it is evolving fast."

• "The training series is good, but it is not that easy to learn how to use the software. I don't care for the use of micro-themes to change font colors, alignment, background colors, etc."

• "The userface can be updated to be a little more simple but that's about all I would change."

Browse ion Reviews

Joseph from Gannett

Best Enterprise Site Solution On The Market

I have been using ION Interactive for nearly 2 years now and could not attribute the success I have seen without them. As a marketing and sales manager for the largest news and information company with over 90 newspaper publications, I find the ease of use, integration, support, and robust ability of the platform critical in my day to day operation. ION Interactive has provided intelligent, and accurate support anytime I have a need. They have also led several webinars that I find not only interesting, but leave with several takeaways that I can implement into my marketing plan. One of the greatest things I appreciate about ION's support is when I need a new functionality, it comes in an updated release. Their team truly watches market trends and update their platform to meet the needs any enterprise business might have. I consider myself an advanced user with web development experience and find that this platform makes it quite easy to train employees who have no web development skills. This platform is superb for all levels of web knowledge, from the drag and drop beginner, to the javascript/CSS/HTML expert.

Pros

Ease of use for all levels of knowledge. Support that has your goals in mind. Great no matter the size of your business.

Cons

I would have to say integration to ALL the top email platforms should be standard instead of needing a custom integration package done. My company uses Exact Target, which requires an API integration. There are others that could benefit from this being standard for all major APIs like Exact Target, Mail Chimp, etc...

Response from ion interactive

Replied January 2016

Thanks for this awesome review! We'll be sure to share your feedback around more out-of-the-box integration options with our team for future updates.

Eric from Mercury Media

January 2016

Workhorse of a tool... Great for what I use it for!

I am a jack of all trades for the various teams at the agency I work at. I work in the digital side of a DRTV ad agency, we have roughly 160 employees I believe. Currently I help out the creative web dev team, services and account managers. I usually help the C/WD team and the account managers when I am in Ion and using it. I am the mule that all the teams use to be honest. I use Ion to help Josh (our creative director) with designs, revisions, setting creatives live, changing/monitoring tests, things like that. For the account managers I use Ion to pull test data, traffic source data, in-page data (who clicked what) and as an overall barometer to tell the AMs how pages are doing. For everything I do, I know know it isn't the level that Josh and Mike use it, it works perfectly!

Pros

I like to think of myself as a pretty literate web and computer user. But with that said, there are various online tools and services we use for agency day to day tasks, that are horrible to work in and not easy to use/figure out. I think this is where Ion really shines. Josh has shown me a bunch of things to do within Ion, once you learn it once, you know it. Ion is easy that way. But it is also easy in the sense that he told me to go into the Sandbox and play around. I got lost in Ion for a couple hours and learned a hell of a lot. Things I know now, that Josh will say "I'll show you in a minute..." by the time he gets to my desk, it is done. Ion is that intuitive, it's easy as hell to use. But I do know that I am only scratching the surface. There are porbably things Josh or someone from Ion could teach me and I could use Ion even more.

Cons

My only real con is the reporting and reports that Ion spits out. We are kind of spoiled by some of the reports we get from our own tracking system ROIA and other services where it is a dump of ALL data and we pick a choose. But there are also some prebuilt reports, built by us or the admins, that have selective fields. I would love to be able to build more selective reports for Ion. What I do now is export all respondents and then use tags, sources, PubID and other URL variables to get what I want out of the data.

Response from ion interactive

Replied February 2016

Amazing review! We love your involvement in the tools and it sounds like you are an awesome ion super user. We love this <3 :-) We've share your feedback on analytics and will definitely consider this when looking at platform improvements. Thank you!

December 2015

ION is good, but could be a lot better

I use ION everyday at work to build many (sometimes 100s of pages a week) and there's a lot to like about ION, but there's also a lot that could be better. My biggest gripe is that ION can be very tedious and cumbersome.

Pros

Cons

Can be slow and even crash completely often, Can't connect to a database or create dynamic pages that will be used by multiple clients - so each page has to tediously be setup by hand, the grid for dragging and dropping can be a bit buggy at times and there's no way to undo mistakes, setting up multiple traffic sources is very slow and tedious, on the dashboard you can't just click on the name of a recent project, you have to click the small magnifying glass icon, the interface for adding and managing images is ugly and frustrating, writing custom code in the scripts section isn't very easy and you can't save to preview changes quickly, no way to search through campaigns by name or keyword or anything, can't reorder actions within a rule, the interface for adding actions is very slow, if you accidentally click outside of the Edit Rules menu all your edits are lost, when editing styles you have to reopen the menus every time

Response from ion interactive

Replied January 2016

We truly appreciate this review and your feedback on using ion on regular basis. We've shared your feedback back around scalability and ease of use and will absolutely use this information for future updates.

Mike from Performics

February 2016

After a learning curve, a very powerful tool.

A year ago, I had no experience whatsoever with ion Interactive (or any of it's competitors, for that matter). Today, I use the program/service almost daily to roll out website and landing pages for my clients. It took a while to get a hang of the program and it's capabilities, and I'm still discovering features all the time, but now it feels like second nature. I personally do not use any of the tracking or reporting functions, but I know they are widely used in my organization. For my clients, we use ion Interactive for nearly every site and landing page. The only time we do not need to use ion Interactive is when we are creating a page that for some reason does not need any specific tracking. For example, an internal website for our organization itself could just be created and hosted on our own servers. I cannot speak for my entire organization, but my team uses ion interactive to build websites for our clients. ion interactive makes it easy to update and change content, and track performance once the site is launched. In some ways, we use it as a sort of content management system for our clients' sites, microsites, and landing pages.

Pros

From design to development to deployment, ion interactive is fast and for the most part simple to use. Once trained in the program, many features become second nature to use. Regular updates keep the platform fresh and ensure users like me that the company is constantly moving forward.

Cons

Sometimes, features that I use daily may disappear without notice. Whether they're gone forever or simply moved around to somewhere else is usually unclear. The "Creative Studio" really needs an "Undo" button. One incorrect click-and-drag can mess up a whole page sometimes. The platform itself could use a User Experience refresh. Some icons don't necessarily make sense for their function.

Response from ion interactive

Replied February 2016

Great to see that you've adopted ion interactive in house and taking to the tools. I've shared your notes about platform notices and features being removed with our team. For future notice you can review our feature release notes to get more insight into feature changes. Here's a link - http://support.liveball.com/hc/en-us/categories/200106499-Feature-Releases

Joshua from Mercury Media

Great Experience, Bit Pricey

We have been using Ion LiveBall for well over 2 years, maybe even longer. All in all it is a great tool that automates many processes that used to take countless dev and admin hours. We are an ad agency, I am the creative director for digital. So we use Ion for our clients - it covers everything from simple lead gen pages to land and jump pages with links/ecommerce carts to microsites... We do it all within Ion. Being able to setup creatives and traffic sources where there can be a 1:1 or 1:100 relationship, where you have full control over the A/B/+ split is priceless. In the past, with standalone PHP pages, you would need a link/tracking/analytics platform to do the link splits and then track conversions per split. With Ion, you can do it all! Ion is such a great tool. If you are in the market for a landing page creation, optimization, management or reporting tool, stop looking - you have found it. It is called Ion LiveBall (I wonder if they even call it LiveBall anymore... The only downside is the pricing. But once you use it once, and sell it to a cleint or two, the cost can easily be passed on to clients and you can even start making money on the MSF from clients...

Pros

Ease of use, features, tracking, reporting (somewhat), administration, A/B testing, MVT, etc.

Cons

Price! I think it is a bit over priced, You need to invest first, but you can figure out ways to make that investment back and then some. My other big con is reporting. I think the reporting from the dashboard is limited. Especially for MVT testing. I would like to see it as Combo 1: Stats, Combo 2: Stats, etc. Not really like that.

Response from ion interactive

Replied February 2016

Lol. Thanks for this great review! The name has actually changed to ion but we know there a lot of Liveball fans out there. Also we appreciate the feedback on reporting and pricing. Thank you

Benjamin from Gannett

ION's Continued Evolution

Our business model relies upon our landing pages to be responsive, continually evolving and easily workable for the general public. ION has continually evolved in such a way that meets these needs. While I was initially intimidated by the applet, I've grown more comfortable with the process (while still longing for an 'undo' button) and ease of application. Our contact points and support staff have always responded quickly to questions and issues, and the reliability of the ION platform has served us well throughout.

Pros

Ease of application, reliability, template-driven, guidance and support, and training tools.

Cons

Not having a 'Copy & Paste' function, nor an 'Undo' button. When I train partners within our organization, this is the biggest initial complaint. As with I, when they ease into the process, the need becomes lesser, but having these available would allow for more creativity and "risk taking", without the risk of wasting time.

Response from ion interactive

Replied January 2016

Thanks for this awesome review! We completely understand that need for a "Undo" and "Copy & Paste" and this is a feature in ion. Here are a few support posts on the topic. http://support.liveball.com/hc/en-us/articles/200954869-Copy-Paste-Basic- http://support.liveball.com/hc/en-us/articles/200954829-Undo-Basic-

Geovanny from DHL

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Daily Job

Let me start off by saying the we have recieved excellent support from ION and after the initial adaptation period the tool was quick and intuitive to use.Training can be done a variety of ways with webinars and videos along with guides and a variety of other material.The platform is a top tier CMS and i will continue to use it in the upcoming marketing campaigns.

Pros

Ease of use, performs fast ,intuitive ,flexible as custom code can be added and WYSIWYG interface.

Cons

Nothing I can think off.Most of it was resolved durting the initail adaptation period that people go through when using a new platform.

Daniel from HigherEducation.com

December 2015

Great platform to empower your marketing team

The Ion platform provides an extremely versatile and robust engine for creating, hosting, and optimizing landing pages and other content. It puts the power in the hands of the marketers (reducing dependency on IT) and avoids the back-end technology backlog and long lead times that sometimes exist in organizations. The built-in testing capabilities and page analytics makes page optimization easier, and unlike many other landing page platforms I've looked at, Ion's platform can handle even the most custom or complicated features or forms.

Pros

Robust, versatile and easy to use. Puts the power in the hands of the marketing team, reducing dependency on IT. Great built-in testing and analytics. Handles complex forms and page logic.

Cons

If you already have hosting infrastructure and a full front and back-end development team, this would be an added cost to layer on top of it.

Response from ion interactive

Replied February 2016

Awesome review! We love that you're fully empowering your marketing to be awesome marketers!!!! :-) Thank you <3

Interactive content is amazing!

Pros

Its ability to create engaging, high conversion experiences.

Cons

Not as easy to use as it could be, although it is evolving fast.

Rob from Pearson

ION Liveball Platform Review

I've been using the ION platform, specifically their Liveball landing page platform, for over a year now. I've worked with a few different landing page platforms for PPC and have found it to be one of the best. It's testing capabilities are among the best I've seen, and the ability to launch new pages quickly and easily is great.

Pros

Platform scales easily. Easily push design/content changes across multiple pages. Testing functionality it among the best. Also, the customer service of the team is AMAZING. Response times to questions are always great!

Cons

Learning curve a bit steeper than some platforms. Interface/User experience could be simplified or improved a bit. Some functionality a bit overly complex (forms, dynamic content, etc)

Response from ion interactive

Replied February 2016

Thanks for leaving us such an awesome review and for the great feedback. We've shared the notes you have about learning and the interface for future improvements. Thanks again!

January 2016

Excellent platform for enhancing an existing company website

I really enjoy using the ion platform for our company's website. We signed up with ion over a year ago because we saw some really interesting things being incorporate on major websites, and on some of our competitors' websites, and we wanted to the same. After researching the various companies that provide custom landing pages, we found ion interactive. We decided to go with ion because they offer a wide variety of landing pages, online surveys, forms and other related website content that we felt would add value to our site, and to the customer experience. In addition, we liked the ion creative designs and layout, particularly the mobile enhancements that can be customized for each device. After a year of using ion interactive, I have seen some positive results. I've created landing pages, online surveys and forms that are fully branded with our company's logo and color scheme, and most of them have produced a nice click-through rate. We have even generated leads from some of our main ion pages that are linked to our website via the ion interactive subdomain.

Pros

- Excellent creative - tons of themes and landing pages that can be customized just about any way you want - Fully responsive pages for all devices (you can customize on-screen content to fit any size tablet or mobile phone - Great customer service! ion interactive does not leave you "in the dark" once you sign up. They have a dedicated team that is always willing to assist you on the phone or via email - New creative - ion interactive introduces new creative on occasion, which is great because website development/trends are changing at such a rapid pace - Marketo Integration on creative - a huge benefit - Detailed one-click reporting features (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.) - Full suite of videos for clients

Cons

Because ion interactive is a very robust platform, there is a learning curve for even the most experienced and capable web programmer/designer/content writer. However, once you understand the basics of ion interactive, and start with the intermediate level creative pieces, it is fairly easy. I started with the basic creative themes and worked my way up to the intermediate and expert level (ones).

Response from ion interactive

Replied February 2016

Thank you for this amazing and comprehensive review! We love the feedback on using ion and your training. For more resources and updates please feel free to check out our support site. http://support.liveball.com/hc/en-us

Great Webpage Creator and Manager

We use ion interactive for specific clients' webpages, landing pages, mobile pages, and emails. It is currently only used in the performance content department, which is responsible for creating content for our clients. We are able to put our designs and creations together and onto ion interactive, and have the client help add links, clickTags, TFNs, Promo IDs, etc. This allows for the project to be created, tested, and pushed live very quickly rather than many back-and-forth communications that would be present in basic workplaces.

Pros

- Organizing campaigns, portfolios, and creatives. - Flexible editing within the creative studio. - Testing and pushing creatives live while giving thorough analytics and reports.

Cons

- The layout and design of its main interface looks a little bit dated. - Using frameworks seem difficult to edit and configure to function properly with Ion's creative studio capabilities. - Missing the ability to gather emails for a database.

January 2016

Limited experience, easy to use, great results...

I use Ion at the advertising agency I work at. I assist the creative and web development team, along with our account managers - with regards to Ion. Just some background on what I do: Normally the C/WD team sets up all the clients in Ion, all the landing pages and link. I am the one who goes in, pulls stats, moves traffic around to make winners sole landing pages, etc. For what I do, Ion is perfect. I have had a couple issues in the past, but they aren't really Ion issues. More about where and how to do things within Ion, that I found out from others. So I would say my experience with Ion is stellar!

Pros

I love the interface. It seemed to change a little bit ago, looks more "modern" now if that is how I should put it. I like that someone like myself, no web design or development background, can go in and influence user experiences on the fly, with just a little bit of training. It is so easy to use!I love how setting up tests and traffic allotment is. I am also a huge fan of the ability to make simple graphic changes to the landing pages - it is VERY easy.

Cons

I still haven't found a great way to pull conversion path data with the path fully listed out. I would love to see reports by creative with a path, % of traffic split per link, etc. Sometimes the segmentation gets in the way and can confuse the numbers. This all may be in my team's setup, or in Ion, not sure. The other thing I wish we could do is some sort of preview function for clients, where they don't have to login but we don't have to put creatives on a separate "live" link. I hope I'm saying that clearly. That would be awesome, for client review, etc. Other than these minor things, I have been a huge fan of Ion!

Response from ion interactive

Replied February 2016

We hear you loud and clear! The feedback around analytics and creative approvals are super helpful and will be shared with our team. Thank you!

Great product!

I love working with Ion. I do not come from a designer or tech background and feel like I can easily make necessary changes, do A/B landing page testing, and easily create new pages. Honestly, from using this I have also learned more about back-end integration without even trying.

Pros

- Great customer support - they are very giving of their time answering questions and setting up trainings - Non developers can use this product effectively - Fast, efficient way to create pages

Cons

- I wish form changes were easier without having Ion create a brand new one for testing purposes - I would love if they had more A/B testing metrics on visitor behavior like a VWO - Organization can become hectic with duplicate pages for testing and if you have a robust set of pages and don't archive or use correctly - There is a learning curve, however, as mentioned, their customer support is fantastic

Response from ion interactive

Replied February 2016

Great review! Thank you for the feedback around copying creatives and the learning curve. Feel free to check out our support site for extra support. The ion team would love to chat! http://support.liveball.com/hc/en-us Thank you

4-Year ION Guru

ion interactive (ION) is well suited for companies that want to test several page variations, local agent landing pages. You are able to create hundreds of local pages with just one template tied to backend data sources.

Pros

You can easily integrate targeted experiences with rules and advances rules. ION also provides templates, but also gives you the option to upload custom HTML ensuring we are aligned with our clients' brand standards/look & feel. Another great feature is form validation. It makes it easier to implement forms without having to add extra code.

Cons

It would definitely be beneficial to have the ability to copy page rules from creative to creative/page to page. There is no option for form validation when there is more than one form on the page. More 'UNDO' opportunities are necessary as it is easy to drag and drop widgets in the wrong place.

Response from ion interactive

Replied February 2016

Thanks for this great review! We completely understand the need for more undo opportunities and a few more technical features. I've shared tis information with our team for future updates.

Brian from DHL

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

5 Star Support and Service

We have utilized Ion Interactive for multiple projects to include: landing pages, micro sites, and global/regional campaigns. Dave Kavalsky, our Ion Product Specialist, has extensive knowledge in his field and is always able to meet our needs timely and with a polished final product ! I am always looking forward to our next project with their team.

Pros

1. understanding - focuses on our industry and company goals 2. aligned with our project vision 3. project managers are #1 4. equipped to handle any request we make 5. sound propsosals / methodologies 6. trustworthy

Cons

No cons @ this time - the last 2 -3 projects we completed with Ion were completed with no issue

Tai from Gannett - USA TODAY NETWORK

Daily use

I use ION daily to build landing pages for all my sites for subscription offers. I have found ION to be very easy to use. Being able to copy templates is a huge plus and saves time.

Pros

I love how you can preview your work in ION before making it live.

Cons

I do not like how there is no "undo" button. If you make an error then you have to re-do the project.

Kelly from Pimsleur Language Programs / Simon & Schuster Audio

Industry: Publishing

Essential Marketing Tool!

Ion Interactive may be the most underrated marketing tool in existence. If you run an online business, you owe it to yourself to use this tool. Ion is the most flexible page builder and A/B testing platform. We operate our e-commerce in a best in class platform (Demandware), but when it comes to quickly launching A/B tests, Ion is the place we do all our testing. It's an advanced platform, which is fully responsive and allows us to easily iterate without any developer support. It's a tool any tech-savvy marketer can take advantage of to create complex experiences with conditional logic, dynamic substitutions, cohesive branding, widgets, data flow to your analytical tools or ESP, etc. If there was only one tool I could purchase to grow my business, Ion Interactive is the one I would choose without blinking.

Pros

responsive, easy to use, monthly feature updates, top-notch customer support

Cons

none (really!) OK. undo history could be improved.

Response from ion interactive

Replied February 2016

Thank you!!

Excellent Platform for Marketers

We struggled with landing page development timing by going through our internal IT team. ion has been imperative in our marketing team taking control of landing page development, allowing us to quickly turn around new creative, updates and A/B tests. Customer service is at the top of its class. Our representative is incredibly knowledgeable, quick to respond, and helpful.

Pros

Easy content creation, plug-n-play format, great features that are continually being updated and expanded, excellent customer service team, great reporting and immediate insight into results.

Cons

Would love it if ion had an app I could access from my mobile phone that at least allows me to check in on my campaigns and make smaller, urgent content updates if needed.

Response from ion interactive

Replied February 2016

We love that you are using ion to improve your teams efficiency and overall results. Thank you! We've shared your app feedback with the team!

Excellent Platform

I have been using ION interactive for over one year, and the platform is just what our company needed to enhance our website and stay one step ahead of the competition. ION has excellent templates that can be customized based on our company's needs and branding. Speaking of branding, all of our branding assets (logo, colors, etc.) are just a simple click away, so the only thing I need to customize is the on-screen content.

Pros

Leading-edge technology, up-to-date templates, top-notch customer service via email. When I have questions or need assistance with specialized integration(s), our ION representative is always there to help me in a timely manner.

Cons

I have no cons to report. That being said, ION requires a basic understanding of webpage building, but they have helpful and informative videos that cover everything they offer.

Response from ion interactive

Replied January 2016

December 2015

Chris from MINDBODY, Inc.

ION is Fantastic

We have been using ION for a few years now and find the platform fantastic. We use it for quickly turning our landing pages and microsites. ION is constantly innovating and their customer support is fantastic.

Pros

Easy to use. Customer support is fantastic. Latest web features and technologies.

Cons

Spam from 3rd party robots and crawlers gets tedious to deal with. It would be nice if they used some spam filtering services to block malicious spam bots before they even reach the page.

Response from ion interactive

Replied February 2016

Thank you for being a long time customer of ion. We truly appreciate having you on the team! We've shared your feedback on 3rd party robots further refinement. There are filters built in and we are constantly improving this feature. Thank you and feel free to check out some of our other clients for inspiration. http://www.ioninteractive.com/interactive-content-customer-examples/ Thank you

Preeti from Paychex

Excellent Customer Service

I build pages for different partners very frequently. ION is a very easy to use tool which helps in creating pages within minutes. Recently we built a Landing Page request form which all our partners use to send request for new page. It's very convenient to manage all the pages & create exports. Customer service is always well informed, and has always been able to resolve my concerns or provide the needed answers in a very timely manner.

Erik from Avaus

Great solution for interactive content

Overall I would say ion's offering is great and it really fills a need for a quick creation of powerful interactive content. Now with the quick starts it can be easy for someone to just jump into the tool.

Pros

Powerful processes of interactivity and great metrics. Good selection of integrations (also easy to set up) to leading Marketing Automation platforms for sending over the data to. Really good support that provides quick and helpful responses.

Cons

Overall the control panel when creating own Blank content pieces had a sharper learning curve (if you want to make it in an exact way), especially if you are not a coder to understand the proper order of elements, but the quick starts are there for creating something from scratch so it depends on your wants/needs.

Excellent landing page solution

What makes ion interactive stand out from the competition is their excellent customer support and the value they place on customer feedback. They provide extensive training on all of their products and are constantly putting out updates, new integration, etc.

Pros

-Ease of support and transparency of product updates and new releases -WYSIWYG, no web coding experience required to create basic pages -Pre-built templates available to use -Sleek, professional look to your pages -Real-time data and visualized reports -Lightning-fast response to support issues/bugs

Cons

-Some bugs with new releases-- if you bring them to attention, they're usually fixed within 24 hours -Platform can run slow if you're building a page with a lot of widgets on it

Response from ion interactive

Replied January 2016

Ed from Level Interactive

February 2016

A+ platform with A+ customer service

I work in ion everyday and love everything it has to offer. It's great to work in a platform that is constantly updating to stay ahead of the current trends and customer needs. Customer service is the best i've ever seen with quick responses and extremely knowledgeable suggestions.

Pros

-always updating. the monthly releases keep getting better and better! -customer service gets a 10/10 (shoutout to Dave K.!) -100% responsive platform -data collection works great for every client

Cons

I wish there was a content upload feature, i know that's a crazy "wish", but we are seeing more of this request from clients.

Response from ion interactive

Replied February 2016

Thank you for this great review and for shouting out David K! :-) And thanks for the content upload feature I think this definitely a cool concept worth looking into for future updates. Thanks again :-)

Shiao Alice from Northstar Travel Media

Industry: Information Services

Feedback for ion

the reason why we are using ION is that people can have more interactive experience when visiting a site, also the animation can make the important CTA to stand out even more to attract attention from users. This is very helpful when you want to create a site and a custom email.

Pros

I love how the rules set up like you can get notify when someone filled out the date immediately, also the animation always makes every site look very fancy. Interactive reveal is also another hit point which people would be interested what's in there when they accidentally hover over and found out there is more detail behind it. hide function is also another great feature I used the most.

Cons

The only problem that i have is the background alignment. for example that I want to have the full background image to appear in the inner content section, but it always shows up the part of it. I have made the image to x:50% and y: 90%. And the problem still can't be solved. It's not a big problem but if there is any change for this, it would be great.

Ion Boosts Efficiency

Ion makes my job a lot easier and faster. I'm a fairly visual-based person, so being able to see the webpage that I'm creating in real-time, rather than just the code, is extremely helpful. The framwork already set in place by ion makes the entire creation process much smoother.

Pros

Ion makes creating a webpage a much faster process; even though most users of the program have an HTML background and are fully capable of creating a website with a simple text editor, ion makes it much easier to be efficient with a drag-and-drop based platform. Making responsive, mobile-optimized pages is extremely easy, as the code has already been built into ion's framework.

Cons

A simpler script interface would be helpful, for those who utilize a lot of JavaScript on their pages.

Excellent CMS for landing pages

ION Interactive has been a great tool for all of our landing pages and microsites. With its ease of use, you can create live pages within hours (maybe minutes but I wouldn't go that far). They make it very easy for you to create and clone existing pages or pages from their libraries that you can modify to your needs. Forms are also easy to implement and track.

Pros

Their Support Team is A+. I've never seen a support team more helpful than ION's (and they are quick! Hi David!) Easy of use once you get the hang of it (and find out where everything is/what you can do) Animations! (hoping they create more in future updates)

Cons

Takes awhile to get accustomed to the CMS Analytics could use some work/ be better clarified It would be great if there was a way to show all of your active content on one page with their URLs next to it (better to keep track of as some things are time sensative)

Response from ion interactive

Replied February 2016

We love that you can get a page up in such a short amount of time! We've shared your feedback with our team to improve the analytics in future updates. David says "Hi" too :-) Thank you

January 2016

Great landing page infrastructure at your fingertips

I think one of my managers put it best: "You wouldn't think ion is so difficult to use if you'd ever tried to build the same [kinds of landing pages] *without* it." The user experience can be complex and fiddly (both the file management interface and the Creative Studio builder), but if they tried to simplify it any further, we'd lose a ton of flexibility. They clearly put a ton of effort both into developing their tools and into teaching their clients, not just the nuts and bolts of how to use those tools, but the best WAYS to make use of them in the bigger picture of content marketing.

Pros

Great power and flexibility; stellar tech support

Cons

I'd love to be able to more easily refine our custom CSS and other settings globally across creatives. I end up changing the same things over and over again every time I do a new project.

Response from ion interactive

Replied January 2016

Thanks for this awesome review! We'll be sure to share your feedback around CSS and styling to our team.

Max from Rackspace, the #1 managed cloud company

December 2015

Interesting tool for fast collaboration in Marketing

We used ION for more than 6 months now and we defined templates for marketing programs managers to create their own landing pages based on them. That allowed them to make changes to text and other elements fairly quickly without having to get in touch with the operations or design team. Once the template was defined it was easy for managers to make the changes they wanted.

Pros

Very interesting way of building landing pages that make it quick for siloed companies.

Cons

When it came to editing the template, it was a little hidden to find things. but nothing that an html, css expert couldn't do. Overall an interesting concept for agile marketing teams that need versatility and speed.

Response from ion interactive

Replied February 2016

Thank you for using ion! It's great to hear about how you're using the tool to be more efficient and drive better results. We've shared your feedback around templates with our team for future consideration.

Louisa from Carolina Biological Supply Company

Great CMS for Lead Generation

Pros

I love how easy it is with Ion to create a very compelling, interactive landing page to help with lead generation. The customer support team is great as well! We have had many cases where we needed custom implementation to hook in other APIs or wanted custom development and their team has produced great quality work for us.

Cons

I would not recommend Ion for complete websites, that isn't what Ion was made for. You really want Ion for campaigns and landing pages. So please consider your use-cases thoroughly.

Joe

February 2016

ion use by art director/designer

ion is great for what it's intended for. the usability is fairly straightforward once the naming convenient for projects/pages/sites is understood. this could be made more obvious upfront in intros. designers that use similar software or even design software are used to hierarchy based interactive elements that have to be in place for everything to function correctly. this detail could be more explained up front. still not sure why there needs to be a practice or 'do not delete' detail to every project, this makes it feel like the system doesn't take care of itself...like its vulnerable to users instead of being stealthy and foolproof. i understand the idea of immediate publishing and the intent on having items that can't be deleted, i think just the naming needs to be more sincere and clear, and not come off negative like 'do not delete' does.

Pros

easy to setup initial projects, ease of editing, easy to duplicate and scale.

Cons

photos that have to be put in a database, should be able to pull from existing databases/clouds, not too easy to perfect a file at first attempt, lots of troubleshooting at the beginning (which might be improved by the understanding of the naming convention of 'portfolios/creatives/etc etc' up front.

Response from ion interactive

Replied February 2016

Thank you for your feedback Joe we truly appreciate your insight as an Art Director and seasoned web graphic professional. We love that you think ion is straightforward, easy to setup, and scale throughout your organization. We also totally understand that there could be some improvements with ion and we love that you have been candid with your feedback. We’ve shared your feedback around usability and function with our team for review and consideration in the future. If you have more feedback always feel free to reach out to your account manager. We always welcome this input to make the product better for you and your team. Thank you!

Luther from Driver Solutions

Great Software and Top Notch Customer Service

We've been using Ion Interactive for about 4 years now. Overall its a great tool and the support behind it is equally as awesome. The have continued to innovate the software over the years. And if there is ever a feature you find you need that is missing it will mostly likely be included in a near future release.

Pros

Highly flexible and customizable. Huge feature set. Fast customer support.

Cons

Code source can be heavy at times, but this is expected with such a robust drag and drop interface.

Response from ion interactive

Replied February 2016

Thank you for the great review and for being a customer for such a long time!

Streamlines Landing Page Development

ION has allowed us to streamline development of landing pages, test different versions, ensure our pages our mobile responsive and allowed us to integrate interactive elements without extensive coding and programming. It has also made tracking using Google Analytics easier as well as allowed for other tracking within ION which is easily exported. We have not scratched the surface of it's capabilities.

Pros

Variety of designs, tracking, interactivity, reporting.

Cons

Does take a little time to understand the interface. We are still exploring its capabilities.

Response from ion interactive

Replied January 2016

Thanks for this awesome review! If you have any questions around capabilities please feel free to reach out to your account manager. We would love to help you understand more about using ion for your marketing team.

Mateusz from Squiz Poland Sp. z o.o.

Solid tool for digital marketers.

Pros

It allows you to prepare a solid prototype of a landing page/pages which will help you keep your different designs for multiple pages organized. A lot of tools which help do everything you can possibly think of when it comes to marketing campaign etc. WYSWIG editor is really nice when you can figure out what, and how to do it (but creating custom stuff can be hard).

Cons

Writing something like a custom solution could be tricky (or so it feels) so you may need to involve developer or someone familiar with creating custom themes/webpages. I would prefer if they would rewrite their tutorials - it can be really weird sometimes - feels too hard, or like they're forgetting something in between the next steps you're supposed to do.

Using ION for conversion tracking

ION has been extremely useful for creating dynamic landing pages and has robust conversion tracking that helps one obtain actionable insights used to optimize ad spend.

Pros

Ease of use on the development end.

Cons

Clunky dashboard for reporting purposes

Powerful Web Tool

I use the ION tool to create completely responsive and complex web creatives that easily allow me to link my APIs to clicks and selections. The navigation is literally drag and drop. I am able to create and make live sites that retrieve and update to our various database environments in minutes.

Pros

Easy development of complex data gathering site.

Cons

The ability to edit pages while live without any publish and limited undo capabilities.

Response from ion interactive

Replied February 2016

Awesome feedback! We love that you are leveraging ion to create complex and amazing experiences. Keep it up! Thank you

Jessie from Aberdeen

Easy

Pros

Simple, easy to use, don't need to be a developer to make it work, easy to change and update based on my campaign needs

Cons

There is a learning curve and it does take some thinking to make it work. Conversations could be more clear.

March 2016

Jeremy from Graduate Management Admission Council® (GMAC®)

Easy to Use, Powerful Visual Options

ION is a great tool for quickly standing up landing pages. I've even used it to create somewhat complex microsites. The drag and drop functionality is simple to learn, can be slightly wonky at times, but is ultimately very powerful and provides great editing options.

Pros

Ease of use, visual editing.

Cons

Tracking and metrics, creative element/campaign organization.

Response from ion interactive

Replied March 2016

Visual marketing is the BIG edge for a lot of our customers and we love that you are taking to this like a fish in water!Stay ahead of the game!! Thank you for this great review :-)

Great customer service!

Ion's Liveball platform is a great option if you're looking for flexible A/B and multivariate testing, and you don't have a lot of experience with writing code. The interface is mostly drag and drop and creates responsive pages fairly quickly!

Pros

Easy to use, no coding necessary, great customer service!

Cons

If you need to create a version of a page hosted elsewhere, it's not that easy. You'll need to recreate it from scratch within the platform rather than simply importing the code.

Ion Rocks!

Easy to use "out of the cloud" quick starts EASY Customized landing pages. Building and integration short lead forms with various crm systems. Saved us thousands $ from IT perspective in addition to quick deploy.

Pros

Recent improvements to the platform make it really the best choice for an integrated marketing app. The company is headed in the right direction and I am anxious to see even more added features.

Response from ion interactive

Replied February 2016

#favoritereview no cons! Thank you for this amazing review

Brian from Connections Academy

Intuitive with Great Customer Support

Ion Interactive's LiveBall platform offers online marketers the freedom to make on-the-go landing page updates with a focus on user conversion. It can be overwhelming when you begin using it but the Ion support staff is great.

Pros

Easy to use with great customer support

Cons

There are so many uses and applications that it can be overwhelming when you begin.

Response from ion interactive

Replied March 2016

Thank you for this great review and feedback on the intuitive nature of ion! We are always striving to make using the console easier and delightful for our customers. That said, we totally understand how you can be overwhelmed with the creative freedom you get with a solution like ion. This is a good problem! To help with understanding the uses and what other are doing you might want to check out our customer examples page for inspiration and direction. Here's a link: https://meet.ioninteractive.com/interactive-content-customer-examples

February 2016

A wonderful piece of art

Ion was a great experience that I used for the past 2 years to create landing pages and to collect users information. The platform was very simple and a quick service to learn.

Pros

Great drag and drop interface.

Cons

The platform does not have a API to pull data from.

Response from ion interactive

Replied March 2016

Thanks for this wonderful review! We love that you think of your content and ion as art :-) Also to you API note, we are constantly improving the ion platform and will absolutely consider the API request you are looking for in a solution.

Powerful Product

Pros

Great customer service. Ion is always there to help us when we have a question whether it is a technical issue or just looking for suggestions on the best way to use the platform, The pages are super customizable and they have a ton of templates to choose from with several different use cases.

Cons

There is a definitely a learning curve with using this platform and building experiences. They do offer video training to help but there are gaps in knowledge when you first start out.

Great Platform for Growing Companies with Limited Tech Resouces

We have been using Liveball for over 3 years. We love it. It's a great platform for growing companies to manage multiple landing pages. It's easy to use for non-technical people and if you can't figure something out the tech support can't be beat!

Pros

- easy to use - tech support - responsive designs - easy to customize - able to manage multiple brands in one account

Cons

- somewhat expensive

Response from ion interactive

Replied January 2016

Thanks for this awesome review!

Liveball has been a very helpful work tool.

I'm thankful my company uses Liveball over other marketing platforms as it provides as a great way to build landing pages and other marketing campaigns for us. The platform is very userfriendly.

Pros

The platform is user friendly, it has alot of functionalities and we love that we can see where are customers click on our landing pages.

Customizable to your needs

I have been using Ion since our start-up days to now being acquired by Cisco. Due to how many events we do, it is great having ion to help us build our microsite. Ion is great at listening to our needs and offering the best solution to us.

Pros

There is rarely any mistakes on the creative.

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to get an ETA for our projects or get timely responses from the developers.

Robert from Korn Ferry Hay Group

A great add-on to your marketing automation system / CMS

Using ION as an addon to your CMS or landing page editor is a great idea - as you can build out feature rich landing pages and microsites really quickly - and in the long term reduce your expenditure on custom development a lot!

Pros

ability to develop feature rich landing pages quickly and easily

Cons

ease of use is restricted to templates - if you are doing something outside the scope of the 40+ templates then you get into developing using ION which is not that straight forward, whilst easier than coding it does still require you to learn the system.

December 2015

Robust platform offering alot of marketing options

In short, the ION marketing platform offers a robust set of templates and tools to optimize your digital marketing efforts. From A/B testing to multivariate and dynamic page build-outs. It's a thoroughly extensive offering.

Pros

Extensive customization options Lots of Templates Excellent customer service good reporting options good help documentation

Cons

-Not an easy wysiwyg platform to get to know -requires training -less than optimum multi-user interface

Response from ion interactive

Replied February 2016

Amazing review! We've share your feedback with our team for future updates. Thank you!

Easy to learn and get started

Pros

ion is super easy to get started with and takes out the complexity of building webpages from scratch. The time saved alone is worth it. Any time we have had a question or issue with the app, the customer support team was very responsive and helped us work through the problem.

Cons

The interfaces are a little dated - I would love to see a face lift (especially to the campaign and creative performance reports).