All Mailchimp Reviews

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed November 2020

One of the Best Email Marketing Software

Mailchimp has helped my business in a significant way. I can create, schedule and send professional emails to hundreds of clients in my contact list in just a few clicks. Being able to choose and edit well-designed templates is a feature that I like very much. Although it wasn't very easy to determine how to work around with Mailchimp at first, with experience - it's not that hard to use it. I have also started using Mailchimp in my personal blog to send emails to potential clients and I am enjoying it. I highly recommend Mailchimp to anyone looking for High-Quality Email Marketing Software.

PROS

I feel lucky that I got a .com domain name and their website builder for free for 5 years in an offer - and obviously, this is the thing that I like most about Mailchimp. Aside from that, I need to send monthly newsletters and other sorts of emails and I used Mailchimp to make the work easy. Mailchimp offers various customizable options and also offers well-designed templates that I can choose and edit - which makes our work very easy. While I started using Mailchimp just to send newsletters, I have been enjoying other features too.

CONS

In my view, the User Interface (UI) of Mailchimp isn't very good. Exploring Mailchimp was confusing to me when I just started using it. Some features are hidden and it's not easy to make sense of that pressing 'a' button does. I think the User Interface(UI) can definitely be improved. Apart from that, the mobile app of Mailchimp doesn't offer many features which is not a big problem for me as I do most of my work in PC. However, I prefer to have more features available directly in a mobile app.

Reason for choosing Mailchimp

I was getting an offer from Mailchimp while I wasn't getting one by Getresponse so Mailchimp had an advantage. I also researched a bit and found that Mailchimp has a bigger userbase than Getresponse. I gave Mailchimp a try instead of Getresponse as I didn't need to pay any amount to start using Mailchimp. After I liked Mailchimp, I upgraded my plans.

JR

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

A Good Starter Platform

Overall it is a great tool not the best but it can get the job done.

PROS

Mailchimp is a great starter platform. If you are not deep into email marketing it is a very good entry point.

CONS

You can outgrow it very quickly. I have migrated from MailChimp to other tools after hitting a certain level of volume.

Reason for choosing Mailchimp

It was an easy entry point for some of our clients and or they already had it.

Allyson

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Maximizing Reach with Mailchimp

PROS

When I want to send a newsletter, I just pick a template, customize it, and schedule it. Then, I can see how well it did with the analytics.

CONS

I find Mailchimp's pricing can get expensive as my subscriber list grows.

WENDY

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2021

Not for a Beginner

I like how versatile to create your email templates with different designs but I really dislike the fact that they are being way to strict and blocked my email campaign. I wonder if it was because I had my campaign written in Chinese which they might have misunderstood my content. Overall, I would not recommend this product to a beginner who is seeking for something simple and easy to use.

PROS

It is a very modern email marketing platform which have all-in-one marketing tools that you need if you are to subscribe to their plan. Importing contact list can come in easy and there is a certain versatility in designing email templates and blasting them out.

CONS

Mailchimp does have a very unique layout as compared to other more structured email-marketing platforms. I personally did not feel at ease in using the software as it is quite confusing at times. For those who are a beginner like me and starting out to blasting emails to your clients, this may require some time to get used to the platform as most of the functions are quite complicated. It is quite strict as well as my email campaign even got mistakenly blocked as they reviewed and mentioned that my content contained MLM's stuff which was huge mistake. As I was still at a free trial stage, I did try to contact the support team and realized I wouldn't be able to have any help at all considering that I am not yet a customer. I was quite frustrated with the fact that I had no assistance at all and it created a bad experience for me as a new user.

Reasons for switching to Mailchimp

HUBSPOT is a CRM software which can easily store my Leads from my lead form and therefore I could set up my email campaign to the contacts from my form directly. It is very structured and straight forward to use and I love how they even provide a series of educational video tutorials to guide you through the usage of the software. Their email platform is also very simplistic and direct. Although, it may not be as versatile as Mailchimp in the sense of designing and creativity, it offers an easy-to-use set up which ease a beginner throughout.

Regina

Internet, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2024

Mailchimp, a great place to get started

Ive stuck with mailchimp because it handles my basic needs affordably as i work to grow my business

PROS

Mailchimp is affordable and easy to use as you get started. You have the ability to grow as your business grows.

CONS

Not as high tech as some of the other more costly options, but handles what is needed.

Reason for choosing Mailchimp

I chose mailchimp due to its affordability at this time in my businesd

Reasons for switching to Mailchimp

I switched from Aweber doe to cost. Mailchimp is simple but effective

Ricki

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2024

Mailchimp is the simple, reliable email newsletter answer

Mailchimp is easy to use, pretty intuitive, and the platform I most suggest to clients just getting started as the free plan gives you a lot.

PROS

Mailchimp is so commonly used that anything you want to do has a tutorial, and most of the time you won't need one, just clicking around a bit allows you to easily find how to do what you want to.

CONS

Mailchimp doesn't always display pictures taken from iphones properly.

Reason for choosing Mailchimp

Easy of use, amount of subscribers on the free plan, and it's easy to find answers to questions on tutorials because it's so popular with others.

Chima

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2024

Complete email marketing tool

PROS

Works really well, although I should take more time to learn customisations and all that.

CONS

Really expensive when compared to others that do the same thing like mailerlite

Reason for choosing Mailchimp

I'm on the free version for now, but I'll probably switch to mailerlite when I start taking my email list more seriously

Joshua

Religious Institutions, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2024

Mailchimp is our Go-To!

PROS

Mailchimp has been our only email marketing campaign platform for years now. It's easy to create great-looking emails, schedule, and send them out for very cheap. No complaints!

CONS

No complaints! I don't have anything that I don't like.

Lais

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Pricey but great

Mailchimp has been great. It gave me all the tools I needed to manage my campaigns while selling my online courses and managing my audience and current students.

PROS

Mailchimp is mostly user-friendly, and it tracks all the data I need to have control over which content is working or which is not.

CONS

It starts to get expensive as your e-mail base grows, even though you may not be getting any return to cover the costs.

Karl Rodrigue

Music, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2024

Excellent tool for mass distribution

Excellent tool for mass distribution that I recommend for email marketing

PROS

This marketing software has saved me a lot of time as a beatmaker. The fact of automating emails to make offers or reductions of my kits to my customers is a big plus for me.

CONS

For my use, the paid version was the best. I wish the software was completely free. Loll

Erin

Performing Arts, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Worth it for any company starting out

I love the interface - once I got to know what was possible it became very easy to create what I wanted. I feel like it makes a big difference in how we're perceived by our community. I also personally like the irreverence - the graphics and cute sayings make marketing a little more fun.

PROS

I love that it's free for the first 2000 names - makes it easy to try the product over time. I switched from Constant Contact and was looking for something more affordable for our needs as a new, volunteer-based non-profit. I also love the ease of use. It's pretty simple to figure out and whatever questions I've had have been answered by the help documents.

CONS

I wish that Mailchimp more easily integrated with my ticketing software (OvationTix.) I tried to merge data but it's not intuitive so I have ended up not using that feature. I'm not sure if that's an issue on the side of Mailchimp or OvationTix, so it doesn't affect my overall enjoyment and opinion of the software. I also deal with a lot of email going into spam, even though I've followed all of the rules and avoid filter triggering phrases in my subject lines. I guess I wish there were more support in that area.

Reason for choosing Mailchimp

We decided to use Mailchimp primarily because of the price structure. We have less than 500 names and it seemed silly not to try Mailchimp.

Reasons for switching to Mailchimp

We didn't feel we were getting more value for the price point than we would get from Mailchimp.

Trevor

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2020

A must-have for the start-up email marketer or business just starting in email marketing

I went from doing 0 email marketing, to being very competent in email marketing with Mailchimp. From Day 1 until Year 2+, I keep discovering new tools and features within the platform that allow me to grow clients and their businesses. With the new features that mailchimp keeps adding in as well, I think they're going to stick around for a long while.

PROS

Mailchimp is incredibly easy to use, and can be taken from setup to launch in less than a day if you put in some effort. While there are platforms with more features than mailchimp, those are A) commonly much much more expensive, and B) harder to use unless you know exactly what you are trying to accomplish.

CONS

Two things: 1. Their removal of the plugin with Shopify was incredibly shortsighted. The vast majority of clients we used mailchimp for were on Shopify, and the connection between the two was one of those beautiful things that kept us coming back and recommending them again and again. Using them has become more difficult since that was removed. 2. If you are trying to go down the rabbithole and target super-specific customers, you may run out of segmentation ability on Mailchimp. At the time of writing this review, you could only combine 5 criteria to create a custom segment, and your segment could only be created as 'user matches all criteria' or 'user matches any of the criterion'. This makes it hard to get your segment just right. However, if you are really needing to make THAT custom of segments regularly (based on past conditional behavior, ESP, etc.) you probably have a bigger budget and can go get one of those fancier email sending platforms.

Reason for choosing Mailchimp

We still use Klaviyo a lot (and love it) but for the business that is just getting started in email marketing, Klaviyo's cost is too high and it comes with features that likely won't be needed in Year 1.

Reasons for switching to Mailchimp

Mailchimp was both cheaper, and more robust for what we needed. Additionally, the Constant Contact revenue tracking (through custom UTMs per campaign) was a mess.

Greg

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Packed with Features, MailChimp is the best choice for list management and digital marketing

Our overall experience has been fantastic and we've gotten great results from using the features available. We've done everything from creating sign-up popups for use on our website, installed a sign-up form on social media platforms, and then created drip campaigns to multiple segments of our list. The reporting and data that we get back from Mailchimp is also incredibly helpful, and we've been able to create follow-up campaigns for people who either did or did not interact with previous emails very easily.

PROS

The robust feature set related to list management is where Mailchimp truly shines. The ability to bring people into our list, tag them based on where they came from, and then automate custom drip campaigns to each of those segments of our list is a powerhouse feature that has made a big difference in our business. Mailchimp does all of this affordably and also allows us to create emails that look great.

CONS

Sometimes the sheer number of features available can make it a little harder to find just what you want to do. As the platform has grown, adding new features at a rapid pace, it's inevitable that the user interface will get more confusing. In recent years, the learning curve to use Mailchimp well has increased a bit, but it's still something that even a beginner can use and pick up relatively quickly.

Reasons for switching to Mailchimp

Initially it was because we liked the interface for building emails... it was easier to style them the way we wanted to. As time has passed though, we've seen that the features available in Mailchimp far exceed those available in Constant Contact.

Jeff

Graphic Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2020

A great platform that keeps growing to suit our needs

It simplifies what could be a complicated aspect of business - email marketing & drip campaigns. Highly recommend this software to anybody who wants a flexible, easy, and robust solution but does not want to have email marketing tied to a specific umbrella-style CRM! We have a separate CRM Mailchimp, as you can probably tell.

PROS

The ease of use and deliverability of our email newsletters was why we chose Mailchimp many years ago as our go-to email newsletter and ongoing engagement platform. The new functionalities added over the years such as agency delegation from client accounts, better segmenting targets within a list, ability to re-hit those who didn't open a campaign, the better-flowing automations (drip campaigns) are great - it's all easy to use & understand and are great improvements we utilize more and more every year.

CONS

Implementing a custom template and the HTML code was painful - but then, that's the case with any email template design with custom code so I cannot even fault Mailchimp for it. Perhaps they could have had more dynamic layouts for desktop & mobile friendly newsletters right off the bat. The early templates were quite hideous and we'd buy theme from Themeforest, brand/re-skin and upload the assets.

Reason for choosing Mailchimp

Ease of interface - much simpler and minimalist interface that non-coding staff on my team can use easily.

Reasons for switching to Mailchimp

Self-hosted solutions are just awful - too much security & maintenance, server tweaks etc. - always use a subscription and pay the monthly fees to best leverage the know-how of those who do it full time. As soon as SaaS solutions became available (Mailchimp, Constant Contact) we sought new options and tried Mailchimp, and was very happy.

Melissa

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2021

Great for Beginners

Overall we have had a great experience with Mailchimp. We plan to grow and implement and use more of the features as we learn how to use them and as our organization grows. I regularly recommend mailchimp to others.

PROS

We started using Mailchimp for our non profit so we could move from text only emails to pretty designed emails. I love the Mailchimp email templates and we were able to personalize it to reflect the branding of our organization. To be honest we only use a small part of what Mailchimp is actually capable of. Every few months as we have time to investigate we test out new features. Many areas that scared us at first (A/B testing, segmentation, etc.) were actually very easy to implement and the basic instructions provided by Mailchimp were all I needed. If I wanted more information, I found that the internet was full of great video tutorials as well.

CONS

I don't love the reporting....but I have't taken time to see if there are better ways to customize our reporting either. So that might be user problems. I also wish it was easier to adjust the template areas from 1 to 2 or 3 columns without needing to create a whole new template.

Reason for choosing Mailchimp

In the end we chose Mailchimp because everyone we know is using it.

Reasons for switching to Mailchimp

We wanted to be able to design our emails to be more visually appealing.

Pedro

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2021

Automation of emails necessary for companies and for those who are starting to market

Overall experience with the tool is very good, it was helpful in all aspects I needed. Of course, a free plan always has limitations, but the paid plan also presented some points that in my work model were essential. But it is still an extraordinary and well-recognized tool. I know a lot of people who use it and don't give up. I still recommend it to many entrepreneurs who are starting out in online sales. Mailchimp is worth it. If you need, make a quote and call the service and you will be very well attended.

PROS

MailChimp appeared to me by chance, And I chose to use it for my work. A great option for those just starting out or for small, medium or large companies that need to automate contact with their customers. Pluses: It's totally intuitive and has a top-notch layout. It caught my attention when I created some Landing Pages and came across several models. Totally free. Totally accurate and timely email sequence. Another positive point is the number of users that we can store in the free plan, up to 2ooo contacts, this for those starting out is even too much. The tools are multi-channel, essential for any service. In other words, a complete and articulated tool to meet any and all online ventures, whether affiliated companies or e-commerce. Whether consulting a plan or making a budget, support and service are accurate and attentive. intuitive tool; excellent usability; great cost / benefit; very good delivery rate; lots of free features (A/B testing, email automation and integrations) good educational content.

CONS

It really is great marketing software though, even there is automation, The features are basic; tool all in English and it is not possible to create landing pages optimized for a higher return. You don't have the ability to manage a sales funnel, just trigger a broadcast if you need to send an offer. However, it is still useful for any service or company.

Reasons for switching to Mailchimp

Because it was too expensive to use and there was no version in my language. But it was still very good for my purposes.

Sushant

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2021

Simplest email marketing tool for startups & digital creators