All MailerLite Reviews

1-25 of 2,028 Reviews

Erin

Used unspecified

Reviewed April 2024

MailerLite Review: Doesn't Work For Everyone!

Tiffany

Reviewed October 2022

Amaaazing service, so easy to use and must have features

I have been using Mailerlite for myself and clients for years and find it so easy to use and their support is top class. I have worked with other well know email platforms before and they don't compare with Mailerlite.

PROS

Mailerlite automations are super easy to set up, the interface makes it clear and friction free

CONS

I find the grouping and segmenting slightly confusing but support is always on hand and super quick to reply

Reason for choosing MailerLite

Price, user experience and support

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

Mailchimp became too complex and not easy to use plus they have made the automation feature as a paid plan.

Price, user experience and support - A triple threat if I must say so myself! Thank you for your review, Tiffany.

Replied October 2022

Reviewed March 2024

Well priced email automation for beginner email marketing

I'm happy with MailerLite experience. I had good support and they reply fast. I had some misunderstandings with them, but the communication about it was done with care.

PROS

At the moment of signing up the offer was better than competition, pricing is good too. There are all the basic to medium features someone would need to set up automated email campaigns with low cost entrance, that includes hosting and editor for landing pages.

CONS

Pricing has increased during my time of using it, and new competition appeared with better cost to features ratio, where you don't really pay monthly, but it depends on number of emails sent. So it depends on what type of pricing you need and how many emails you send.

Reason for choosing MailerLite

MailerLite has good pricing, but at this moment I'm not sure if I would build campaigns with them, there are alternatives at similar pricing point and some are cheaper.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

ConvertKit was too expensive, the differences in features were minor at that time.

Sílvia Isabel

Simple, practical and intuitive

Simple, easy, with fantastic technical support. Very positive experience.

PROS

It's super intuitive, perfect for anyone starting a business. It allows you to enjoy several features even in its free version.

CONS

The reports could be more complete, especially for subscriber management. And automation, in advanced plans, should be more complex, allowing for more flows.

Reason for choosing MailerLite

The cost-benefit ratio. More features at a lower cost.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

The free version was more limited and the paid version was too expensive for the features it provided.

Rogelio

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

A good tool for beginners

Mailerlite is working very good for me, I just want to see more advanced options for the automation part of the tool.

PROS

If you are starting in email marketing, Mailerlite is a very good tool.

CONS

I would like to see more conditions in the automation part, more advanced automation options for email marketing.

Reason for choosing MailerLite

The support, the team is super responsive

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

Activecampaign is a super complete automation tool, but once you grow you need to pay more and more, is very expensive

Morning Rogelio! Thank you for your kind words, we love to read this. We also would be super interested in understanding what other advanced options we can create for the automation feature. Let us know! We are all ears.

Replied May 2024

Ryan

Publishing, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2024

Great value for the cost

I manage a lot of client accounts over a variety of email marketing providers, and MailerLite is by far my favorite. It has the features I need at a reasonable price. Whenever I have issues or need help, customer service is only a few minutes away via live chat.

PROS

It's loaded with features, but it's easy to use. Other providers may be jam packed with similar features but the user interface is not intuitive.

CONS

I have two-factor authentication on my account, but a good amount of time the code I receive in the email doesn't work and I have to resend a second code before I can log in.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

Way too expensive, way too complicated, and/or a terrible user interface.

Darien

Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2022

The new version is not worth it

PROS

The old version was okay, it got the job done with a good price in comparison to a bloated MailChimp. Just simple email marketing and automation. I was excited for the new version to be released as it looked to be a step in the right direction for the user interface (as the old version was, very dated). However, after they released the new pricing structure, almost double just for a fresh coat of paint and a promise for 'new features' with none actually available on the launch, it seemed rushed with a lack of thought for their community. They asked before the release for feedback from the community who mainly focused on not heading in a MailChimp direction, price increases, continued live support, paywalls for simple features. Unfortunetly they didn't listen, the price increased, live support vanished unless you pay 3x more for a plan with only one new feature 'Facebook Audiences' which I can't comment on as I'm not forking out the money to test for it possibly not to work. The biggest downfall of all which really cemented that fact that they aren't listening or care for their original community base was zero migration tools being available at the launch of the new version. Your main customer, who are already supporting you and the most excited to test out your new platform, and they completly left them in the dark until an unspecified date stating the tools were going to be available within weeks, when they were later silently put up after month.

CONS

Cont. Which only moved subscribers and groups, something that could easily be done with a CSV file. They didn’t move your automations, pop-ups, embeds or previous campaigns and reports. Even though they had MailChimp migrations ready from the get-go! Which didn’t work mind you, the free trial only allows for 1,000 subscribers to be added (a new ‘feature’ compared the old version, which allowed more in the trial phase). So when migrating from Mail Chimp to the new MailerLite you were just hit with a stuck loading bar not knowing what is happening at all. As someone in development, the new platform was rushed to release. When creating a new account, you can no longer tether multiple accounts to one email unless you pay, which creates a massive barrier when creating accounts for clients, you have to do the whole ‘forward me the confirmation emails etc’ which just comes across as unprofessional. To dodge this you need to pay, which also means you have to ask them for payment details before you even have the account ready. The migration tools were a pinnacle in the whole new/old version fiasco because it really showed they didn’t care about the old customers. They even remove your affiliate link when migrating to the new version. When using their migration tools for the first time, after disappointment they didn’t really migrate more than a CSV file on information I started to create my automations from scratch, for the simple duplicating feature to fail getting prompted ‘A copy i

Reason for choosing MailerLite

Go back to Mail Chimp, or stick with your platform.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

With the old MailerLite it was quite easy, with the new version you're stuck with progress bars that stop loading because it doesn't state that you cannot go over 1,000 subscribers in the trial - meaning you cannot trial the platform at all.

Tydie

E-Learning, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2024

Easy to Use - Switched from MailChimp

PROS

Love how easy it is to set up email campaigns, track engaged users, and create landing pages. I was really able to customize everything to my business branding.

CONS

Very few cons. One is the pricing. I think it is very akin to other email management providers, just wish it was cheaper. I wish you could track the origin of clicks to a landing page - that would be fabulous. Instead, I used Milkshake for that.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

I switched because MailChimp was a bit finicky when it came to creating email sequences, which I found was not an issue with Mailerlite, it was much easier to create email sequences to grow my list.

Chasity

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Easy once you get it

Overall, I recommend MailerLite, I've not had any issues and it doesn't take forever to set up. It has all the things you need in an email marketing platform.

PROS

I like that Mailerlite is not expensive. I also like that it allows you to customize fonts in the email. It's easy to build a campaign. It's easy to import contacts and manage. My landing page was easy to build if you want it simple or if you are a template and go type of person.

CONS

It's not as customizable as I'd like it to be. You can't change text on the actual email, you have to edit in the box to the side. It's confusing until you get used to it.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

Mailchimp was changing and charging more and more when it was to not be slow on the curve.

Tiara

Media Production, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

Basic, but great starter

PROS

MailerLite is free, which is great if you’re new to email marketing and don’t want a big upfront cost. This version allows you all of the basic tools for success-emailing newsletters, creating surveys, creating a landing page, etc.

CONS

There aren’t any advanced features for email automation, so look elsewhere if your workflow is heavy.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

I switched because this program covers my business needs at a fraction of the cost.

charree

Food & Beverages, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2024

The BEST provider for new start up companies wanting to grow!

Overall it brings value to our business and family life. Thank you.

PROS

They offer inclusive free plans, which have tons of options, and mailer lite is HELPING US GROW! As a busy family the option to complete my campaigns and send them at a later time allows me to conveniently work on growing our business without compromising time away from my little ones. Plus, they have kind customer service. Thank you MailerLite for giving small businesses like us a chance!

CONS

I would like more features, but that will come as we grow and can pay for a paid plan.

Reason for choosing MailerLite

Because of their free plan options and support - Hands down because of that MailerLite has a life long customer with our business, and we have and will continue to promote / refer others.

Ashley

Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2024

Perfect option for small businesses and those new to email marketing

PROS

I liked how easy MailerLite was to setup and the starter pricing model making it perfect if you’re just establishing your business or your email list.

CONS

I found the email design tool to be limited, reducing the ability to make aesthetic emails like some of their competitors.

Jaime

Sports, 501-1,000 employees

Mailer Lite Review 5/14/24

It has been a very positive experience and increased my visibility with college coaches.

PROS

What I like most about MailerList is the ease of use and Campaign results. I can see exactly how many times a user is opening my campaign.

CONS

Coaches not opening the campaign due to a potential spam blocker or going to junk

Andy

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed May 2024

Better value than similar offerings like Mailchimp

I like the idea behind the software, keep it simple and offer good value for money plans

PROS

The Ui is great very clean and minimal, its much better value than things like Aweber and Mailchimp.

CONS

I would have liked more control over the layout of the landing pages.

Hi Andy, what a kind review to leave us! We are happy to read this. We're also very curious to know what other control you would like to have over the layout of the landing pages. We're always keen to improve and ease the use for our users. Feel free to let us know1

Replied May 2024

Maggie

Higher Education, 2-10 employees

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed October 2020

Easy to use Email Campaign Builder

MailerLite is easy to use and their team has been very responsive. For example. when we had to upgrade our license as we had hit our subscriber count, last minute, on a Friday, I was stressing! They got our license updated quickly so I could get my time sensitive email out on time.

PROS

This software was easy to implement and use! We have a period of high traffic where we have to reach out to multiple segments with customized information. MailerLite takes the stress out of it. It is easy to manage our subscriber list and I appreciate the intuitive advanced recipient settings that allow me to build in logic based on subscriber segments for sending email campaigns. The simple and easy to use stats let me see what is working. We compare this to a response/action in another system, as our emails are targeting groups with a call to action. I also like how easy it is to copy existing campaigns and easily modify them for different segments. I can build up all my campaigns and have them scheduled to help manage our 'traffic' in our office and systems. I also found that we can set up templates once we have customized the content to help maintain brand consistency, which saves us time and ensures the necessary details are included. I like that I can easily preview and test campaigns - mostly that I can view the desktop and mobile in the browser.

CONS

I've used other software that let us to custom html email design. The built in content builder can be a bit challenging if you really want to customize for a specific look. That being said, the content builder is made to let anyone easily and quickly create emails.

Reason for choosing MailerLite

MailerLite's free version restricted unique users, not the number of emails sent. We often need to email large segments on the same day. The free version made the most sense at the time. We continued with MailerLite because their licensing was affordable and we could pay monthly, and weren't committed to a year long contract.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

We had used a free version of a MailChimp with issues and received poor customer services. Literally, they never replied to us after multiple attempts. We had used this product for a few years on the free version, so were invested, but ultimately couldn't use it due to poor customer service, especially knowing our future growth would require purchasing/subscribing to the premium version.

Eloy Millennia

Farming, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2022

An amazing solution to email marketing!

The insights we gained about our email marketing, just by looking at the statistics and analytics of our campaigns, are stunningly beneficial! MailerLite helped us increase our revenue by more than 100%, just by testing and improving our email content.

PROS

The drag-and-drop template builder is very easy to use and the created templates show in every email client I can think of. So far, nobody had to open our email in their browser because of displaying issues.

CONS

Unfortunately there are no integrations available for our webshop platform called OpenCart.

Reason for choosing MailerLite

Our marketing agency recommended MailerLite. MailerLite simply stands out because of the clarity and transparency about its paid plans. No limits, other than your number of subscribers and emails sent. It just makes sense! Every alternative I could find has limitations on layouts, templates, or even has elements on templates that you could only use if you upgrade your plan. Nothing feels worse than constantly being confronted with features you cannot use, while paying for a product you expect to be fully functioning.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

I try to keep this short but there's a lot wrong with MailChimp. They kept bothering us with their own marketing emails and their very own unsubscribe link didn't work, for several months while I used their platform. I wouldn't trust this giant with our company emails. Maybe it changed by this time, but it was a huge pain to get in touch with their own customer service. I get the feeling that MailChimp has become a bit arrogant about their position on the market. Their paid plans are too limited and expensive, simply because they can.

What an amazing achievement you guys have done with your revenue. We're so proud to hear this! We'd love to share your story and get to know more about it. Feel free to reply to us, so we can have a chat.

Replied March 2022

Reviewed June 2021

The perfect tool for small business owners or just anyone who is about to start

Pretty happy with the product, helps me to do what I want to do without getting in the way all the time

PROS

This SaaS has everything an average user would want. It is perfect for small companies or folks who just want to set up a newsletter easily, without all the additional hustle of getting to use with the 100 of features the other platforms give you. I have tried and used for short periods a lot of them and I have found MailerLite to suit best my needs. It has free version of up to 1000 subscribers, Email builder, automations, site and forms builder in the free version. What more could I ask. It's more than enough to test out my idea, see if it will bring in some profit, and if it does I'll happily go on for the paid version.

CONS

Well I was trying to use some HTML code in one email but I could get it work for the life of me. I'm not a programmer by any means but I know how to deal with code, and HTML in particular. I was really frustrated and somewhat angry. As a last resort I mailed the support (I almost never do it because, they never give me any good advice, not MailerLite, but all support as general). here it wasn't the case, the agent pointed me out what I had to use and it did the job. Other than that I really haven't had any other issues. Gave it 4 starts, because it's my only contact with the support and really don't know more than that.

Reason for choosing MailerLite

The free trial gave me the possibility to get feel of the product and see if it was really what I was looking for.

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

Too many options, too complicated, too expensive and a lack of adequate free trial

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and giving us some feedback regarding the HTML code issues.

Replied July 2021

Mojca

Reviewed February 2022

I use it for myself, for my clients and I teach others how to use it. I really like this tool for campagnes, landing pages, and forms. At this moment I have no need to search for any other tool because I am fully satisfied with Mailerlite.

PROS

I love how easy is MailerLite to use. You can find everything on Youtube and their academy. The most I like are the analytics and click map. If I consider the results I can improve my work every time.

CONS

Sometimes it takes too long to save the work. It is a bit slow. I can not think of any other minuses about Mailerlite.

Reason for choosing MailerLite

Price, simplicity, help desk, videos on You tube

Reasons for switching to MailerLite

To complicated, to many functions that are necessary in that kind of tool (Facebook adds - for example)

Alison

Education Management, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2022

MailerLite is the Chick-fil-a of the online space

Best experience ever. Seriously.

PROS

Moving to MailerLite was one of the best decisions I ever made for my business. Having everything in one space – email, client management, landing pages, website – is SO convenient and saves me so much time and money. The integration between all of those features makes tracking customer engagement incredibly easy. The editor for landing pages, websites, automations, and emails is intuitive and full of great features. But what really impresses me, time and again, is the customer service. No one likes it when s