• icon"Ease of use, different templates, simple to use. Nice graphics, helpful customer service."
  • icon"I love how easy it is to use and was delighted to be able to create my website in a very short time. Also really easy to add blogs."
  • icon"Even though they are a startup they are worth investing in as they rapidly adapt to suggested ideas and consider it to improve their services."
  • icon"There is not enough option for non merchant businesses. The banners are awful and don’t go away even after you have paid for the upgrade."
  • icon"It gives a large red warning and looks terrible on the companies image."
  • icon"Again not being super-techy, I had a hard time trying to understand how to update nameservers and why I had to do that."

All Ucraft Reviews

Hannah

User Friendly

Overall, I have had a good experience with ucraft. I will continue to use the program, but I'm hoping that the website will add more feature to compare with skillshare and wix.

Pros

I like how the program has a very user-friendly format. I love the bar on the left side of the program that allows me to have access to everything I need for editing my website; such as colors, text boxes, images, slide shows, and premade website slides. There are a few things that this program does not offer, but what I like the most is whenever I talk to support, I always receive a very helpful, and straightforward reply. They always give me a great alternative to my problem.

Cons

I like least, the available templates. I feel like there should be more options to choose from depending on what your websites needs are.

Shlok

Industry: Computer Hardware

An easy, Hassle Free and Scalable way to make a website

I love it. As a CEO, running the marketing and product division, I can rest assured I don’t have to hire a development team or spend hours coding on getting it just right. Just type in what I need to and its update live in minutes.

Pros

I love ucraft. It is the simplest website builder, where you can drag and drop and build almost any kind of site you want. I particularly love the blocks feature, where you can make your own templates and reuse them on the website. I love how you can add fonts and customize the website to your liking. Super intuitive and saves hours of programming. The customer support is awesome! I feel like I waste their time, but they are super nice people that feel like family, ready to help at all times. I don’t mean to bother them, because I know they must be bombarded a lot, but I sure would love to string up a great conversation with them every now and then :) Get ucraft for this alone!

Cons

So, some of the layout problems do arise. You need to do a lot of work redesigning for mobile and tablet. Which is a time drag. It is difficult to add a vertical space dividers, and really customize the column width for the website. In some ways, the super intuitive and dragability makes it hard to get it just right. The template is very difficult to switch. Haven’t been able to do it to be frank. The ucraft team is extremely talented and they will figure it out!

Reasons for choosing Ucraft

I loved the UI, team and the customer support is by far the best I have ever seen.

Reasons for switching to Ucraft

Square space is good but takes a long time to set up and update your pages.

Lola

Good software, but be aware that it glitchy -

It's been decent. I do like how the websites look once you manage to build them. Help desk people are nice, although the quality of help you get varies with the person, but most are fairly knowledgeable. They are respectful to you.

Pros

It creates a lovely looking website. The help desk people are pretty nice, and most of them know the software. It is inexpensive.

Cons

It can be glitchy. (1) The Undo function doesn't work, and sometimes, things will just poof! disappear. I reported these things, and the help desk tries something on their end, and it works for them. However, undo does not and has worked for me personally. Also, like I said sometimes things don't save. (2) If you are a services organization like I am, you cannot use their cart (at least with Paypal I haven't checked the others) because they only designate purchases as PRODUCTS not SERVICES. You cannot specify Services. So when payments go through it throws a flag at Paypal where in you are required to provide an invoice showing the PRODUCTS purchased. Which of course you can't do, because you are providing services ... anyhow it turned into a nightmare. At this point in time, Ucraft does not seem to intend to fix this. So, if you are a services industry, you might want to avoid using their cart. (3) There are no learning videos. The help documentation is decent, but they seriously need training videos because the software is not easily intuitive. Once you get the hang of it you are okay, but there are setbacks in learning that could be overcome more easily through video training series.

Reasons for switching to Ucraft

Wanted to build a new website for a new business and update an old one.

Samuel José

Industry: Fine Art

Happy Customer

Just perfect. I built my website and I think it looks great. Everybody thinks so.

Pros

Great looking and has AMAZING support. I built my website in no time.

Cons

Some things require some learning and are not very intuitive but with some time, and customer support, you end up learning everything you need.

Reasons for choosing Ucraft

Pricing, ease of use, clean backgound youtube videos, great looking websites, support.

Reasons for switching to Ucraft

Squarespace plays youtube videos as background but the youtube video title and layout also show. Ucraft, somehow managed to hide that. At least is not as noticeable. Simple as that. Also, Ucraft has much more appealing prices.

Amaar

Industry: Photography

One of the best website builders, that allows you to connect a domain for free!

Pros

May favorite part about the software is that, unlike most other website builders, you can add your own domain name for free. The other benefit is that you have so many options for things to add to your website that other websites skip out on in the free version. Customer support is also great and you get to speak to a real person instead of a bot.

Cons

I didn't like that on the free version, certain important features were lacking. I was unable to put in my social links using the social links tool unless I paid. I also didn't like that if you are using a free trial, you can only upgrade the website to a paid plan once the trail wears off, meaning I had to rebuild my site from scratch using the free plan as I had accidentally built it using a trial plan.

Reasons for choosing Ucraft

I had the option to connect my own domain name for free

Reasons for switching to Ucraft

Ucraft was the best all I none platform for my needs, considering my budget.

Garret

Excellent Website Management

I used Ucraft to create a personal website to promote academic activities as well as use for recruitment purposes. Ucraft provides an excellent platform to do that- and more. If there was ever a problem that I wasn’t having, a personable support agent was able to assist. Ucraft has went above and beyond my expectations as a website development and manager.

Pros

The backend platform is probably the most intuitive piece I have found to date- having used similar platforms.

Cons

Some abilities, such as revamping homepages is burdensome. In order to do so, you have to customize the existing visible homepage instead of creating customizing a template out of front in view. Additionally, while the back-end menus are intuitive, some features aren’t tucked away in other settings areas.

Reasons for switching to Ucraft

UCraft’s functionality and attention to design details.

Marine

Good price for a lot of feature and a solid customer service.

Pros

- Price - Easy to use - A lot of features - Customer service is quick to answer AND to resolve problems

Cons

One con, the multiplangual feature on the shop part is clunky an dnot fully integrated (you can't translate product title for example...0o). Too bad because on the website or blog part it works great !

Reasons for switching to Ucraft

Smoolis was great for a multilangual shop, but I needed to add a blog feature without having to pay another subscription. For a bit less per month, Ucraft offers a shop and a blog, I also merged my portfolio on my Ucraft website. I'm not using their multilangual features as it is a bit clunky and not fully integrated.

Benjamin

Industry: Photography

A solid program for anyone that needs a simpel website.

Its a great website builder for someone that just wants a website to show there business or to give information to an guest. However if your looking for a website to host an web-shop or something related to having accounts and interaction i would look for something more complete with more advanced options.

Pros

I love how easy it was for me to set up the pages and connect my already bought domain. The page builder took a couple of minutes to figure out but after that it was easier than most alternative website builders i used before.

Cons

The lack of interactive features, Stuff like adding a working forum or a place for people to write an review are not a feature.

Reasons for switching to Ucraft

Wix support let me down making me unable to finish my website.

Between Website and Landing Page

Pros

This is a very good product to create a company website to display your service, product and team. It's very easy to use, with great functionalities such as block animation, custom html block to embed third party tools. Recently, I create in one day an english version only by cloning and translating my french sentences. And last but not least, a very good customer support, the tiny problem I had, was resolved by Ucraft Team very quickly.

Cons

Nothing to say right now :) I hope it will be still the same in the next month

Reasons for switching to Ucraft

Easier to learn and to maintain. Fast at creating a website and adding new content.

Rimson

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Easy as it can be

Very happy with ucraft which helped us build the website in days . Continuous improvements will help us stand out in the market

Pros

Easy interface , Tutorials and lessons which allow every employee in our company to make changes

Cons

Features like pop up forms not available , high css and unwanted html making the website load time very high.

Reasons for choosing Ucraft

E-commerce support and good customer support . As well as competitive pricing

Shane

Ucraft power user

8/10

Pros

I enjoy how easy Ucraft makes it easy to design a professional and respectable looking website. I also think it's fun to change things around from time to time.

Cons

At times, Ucraft can be a bit buggy. Sometimes the blocks, elements, fonts, or otherwise any component might not save correctly or otherwise become misconfigured without due cause. This makes me have to log back in and correct the error.

Reasons for choosing Ucraft

Ucraft looks more professional and has more thoughtfully designed components. Website building is an art form, and you must know when to lift the brush off of the canvas. Ucraft does that for you, which is the hardest part. The other platforms give you too much paint and choices, so to speak. This makes the website look too busy, further detracting what the audience wants: information in an easy-to-read and enjoyable format.

Abigail

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Amazing Free Landing page/ one-page website design

This review is based on the UCraft free plan which sadly only allows one page/website. Prior to using Ucraft, I've used Privy and ONTRApages. Sadly, both landing page software's while amazing only allows one field option 'Email'. I couldn't use either this time, as I needed visitors name and phone numbers in addition to their email address. My deadline was also approaching and given the priority level of the project, asking finance for funds what out of the question. I needed a simple landing page with flexible design and advanced form settings such as more field options, ability to send entries to multiple emails. It also has to be responsive and SEO optimized. E.D.G. & Atelier designed a building and as the client was currently seeking investors to rent floor space, we decided to help refer customers and gain commissions in the process. To do this we needed to direct potential customers from our social media profiles and mailing list to a landing page with information on the building rather than sending them directly to the client's website. The idea was simple, get visitors interested in renting or buying into the building to fill a form with relevant details after which a copy of the form entry would be sent to our client as a potential customer referral from us. Creating the page was simple, so was adding effects to bring the page to life, Lena from UCraft Customer system was a delight to chat with, she responded to my numerous questions at each stage of the design process. The UI was clean and easy to work with, the templates were beautiful and easy to customize. The lack of integrations is a problem, as well as the inability to customize the 'message submitted' email. It would be good to be able to change the subject title at the very least, but that isn't a big deal.

Pros

Clean UI Mobile responsive landing page Flexible design and styling options

Cons

The lack of integrations is a problem, as well as the inability to customize the message submitted email.

Response from ucraft

Hi Abigail, Thank you so much for the time and effort you spared to write this extensive review. We appreciate enormously all the kind words that you have for us. Hope that you will continue to use Ucraft in the future. Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions, we would be glad if we could help you in any way. Best of luck in all future endeavors.

Replied June 2017

Ucraft

Excellent templates, we created a website for the company very quickly.

Pros

Easy to use. Very good value for money. Excellent and very fast support.

Cons

I have no objections to ucraft, if they existed, they are neglected.

Reasons for choosing Ucraft

Cheaper, better design. Easier to use.

Kezia

Great for getting going

It’s been a smooth set up with lots of support from the instant chat. There was some issue with the security which meant my site was down but they fixed it really quickly. I would like more flexibility and design choice options but it does work for what I wanted!

Pros

Love the shop feature! It’s fab ucraft does take from any sales. The instant messaging for help is fantastic, I would have been lost with out it. It’s really affordable too which helps so much while starting up my business

Cons

I find the SEO side and getting people to my site organically is difficult. Would be nice to have a few more features like an Instagram feed similar to the Facebook one but both to be able to customise how it looks (maybe you can I’ve not been able to) More flexibility on customising how the contact form looks would be nicer. More templates to choose from would be good. Found most to be too similar

Reasons for choosing Ucraft

You get a lot more features and options for less money. Once I did the free trial with ucraft I knew it would be great for what I was after (not just about the price) and the trial gave me enough time to get the site exactly how I wanted it

Reasons for switching to Ucraft

I was paying a lot for not much!

Kelly

Ucraft is the PERFECT free web host, with stellar customer service & TONS of high quality features!

I was so blown away by the customer service. Even on a Sunday I got a response in a few minutes, and my representative answered all my questions and was very attentive to the chat. They even sent my question straight to the development team to get an answer for me. I really felt taken care of. Plus the quality of the free plan is unbelievable in my opinion. I can see a ton more features available under paid plans, but for someone needing a small and simple site for personal use, the free plan goes above and beyond. I would wholeheartedly recommend Ucraft to anyone needing a web host, especially artists!

Pros

I am an artist making a simple portfolio site of my artworks. First, I am so pleased that you can connect your previously-bought domain name to your website even under the free plan. That was the biggest selling point for me at first. They even give you SSL for security at no charge, which gave me peace of mind! The range of themes and customization feels almost unlimited, especially if you know some coding and can provide your own graphics. You can adjust the site to look exactly how you want, and Ucraft is powerful enough to make it look great across different browsers and devices for you. Ucraft's free plan puts a small, unintrusive ad for Ucraft on your website, which is simple and classy and doesn't clash with the site at all, so it doesn't bother me at all.

Cons

I found out that the first template you pick under the free plan actually locks in a favicon unique to that theme. Even if you change the overall theme later, the first theme's favicon will always be on the browser window and won't match your site. So keep that in mind. Also it takes a little while to get used to the interface and functions.

S Narayana Ganesh