(2,949)

2,949

(1,842)

1,842

• Pros

• "Easy to use, cheap (Free to get started), great quality"

• "I love the fact that it's so easy to use I can just put in all my information I want and the software makes it for me I love it"

• "I love how easy this program is to use. I has so many great suggestions on ways to improve your website. It is awesome"

• Cons

• "For the price, the base price, I feel you should get more for that cost associated up front. However, you do get what you pay for."

• "The basic setup is pretty easy to understand and intuitive, but trying to add the more advanced can get really complicated for basic users."

• "You are kind of stuck with what they give you in terms of features. They're all fine and I'm very pleased with my site, but if you wanted to get more creative, you'd have to learn to code. "

Browse Wix Reviews

Kaprice Dal Cerro, from Kaprice Marie LLC

More diverse than you think

I have enjoyed my experience using Wix. My website has never gone down and it has allowed me to create automation for parts of my business.

Pros

What I like about Wix is that you don't need to be a software developer to create a great-looking website. There are a lot of tools that many users don't realize that Wix has. For instance, setting up a workshop and taking payment is easy to create on your Wix website. There are many themed templates to choose from to help you create the look and feel that you want without having to spend a lot of time thinking about how you want your website to look.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve if you want to make some advanced changes to your website. This may take some time or you may need the help of someone who has Wix knowledge if you aren't a techy person.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

I found Wix to have options right out of the box that alternative products did not have. I also noticed that Wix was not staying stagnant in their market. They are consistently updating and creating a more powerful tool everyday. I felt it was a website that could grow with my business needs without breaking the bank.

Jessica from NorthStar Foundation

Simple to use, easy to get support on, can build a company website in minutes

I'd say my overall experience has been nothing but positive. I've been growing with it since I was a teenager when I built a preliminary website for my church, a college student with a personal portfolio and have since graduated into using it for my freelance webdesign and management. They offer wonderful features and perks like ad vouchers, SEO analyzation tools, phone numbers and email services, domain purchasing through their website. I mean there's not an easier tool to use in my opinion. It beats wordpress in a ease of use and intergration test hands down in my opinion.

Pros

I love that when I first started creating website with wix I was able to do EVERYTHING for free and then only needed to pay to remove Wix branding. It make you feel confident that you'll be able to benefit from a subscription before you even purchase one. I initially utilized this to create a personal portfolio and have since expanded to utilizing for freelance work. The best feature is that it's not coding based. Non technologically inclined individuals are able to utilize with ease, can use templates, there are color themse if you aren't using custom BUT you CAN do all of those things yourself if you WANT to. Awesome product and have recommended many times.

Cons

Something I wish could be improved is alternative payment methods. If I want a customer to pay for their plan directly, I don't want them to have to provide me with their number, I want them to beable to make that purchase themselves while still maintaining my admin status and not compromising my own password. I can't stress how great support is when I need help so if there is anything diffcult for me to conceptualize they have chat features, email and phone lines available for assistance and are super helpful.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

Pricing and ease of use.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

WordPress wasn't cheap. Wasn't easy to grasp for a beginner. Wasn't accessible for my clients.

Alita from Windridge Living Inc.

Perfect for novices and template users

For a fast simple easy website Wix is a great option. If you are looking to customize, create your own theme or move your website to another host then Wix is not for you.

Pros

Wix is very simple to set up and implement. You don't need to have any special training or skills to set up a website using Wix.

Cons

Customization is nearly impossible as is transferring your website to another host. With Wix, you are locked into themes and to their hosting packages. If you build your website with Wix it is staying with Wix.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

The person setting up the website was familar with Wix.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Cost and ablility to set up website very quicking by a novice.

Megan from Vibe n Thrive

Highly recommended for beginners!

I initially created my website through Bluehost and WordPress but found it to be more complicated than I would have liked. Bluehost offered a lot more flexibility than I needed for my small site so Wix worked out fine for me. I wish I would have initially started with Wix. I recommend it to anyone just starting out with website building.

Pros

Wix is incredibly easy to use and doesn't require any coding experience. Wix has easy drag and drop options which makes creating your website really simple, honestly, anyone can do it. They also have a lot of customization options and templates so that you can make your website look the way you want. Another thing I love is Wix's customer service. They always respond super fast and getting connected with someone on the phone isn't hard at all. Of all the times I contacted them via phone there was no wait time and I was able to speak with someone right away. As a business owner, making sure my website is up and running correctly is incredibly important so choosing a website builder with good customer service was a must for me.

Cons

Going from Bluehost to Wix, it was clear that there wasn't as much freedom and flexibility with Wix. There aren't multiple hosting options to choose from with Wix and while Wix does have customization options, there aren't nearly as many as with Bluehost. Wix also isn't the best for large websites and is better suited for smaller, simple, sites.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

There are a lot more moving parts with Bluehost and WordPress. As a newbie to website building I encountered a lot of problems and spent a lot of time trying to solve them. I had heard great things about Wix so when my plan with Bluehost was up I decided to try Wix instead of renewing. In the end, Wix was also cheaper for me because of how much I spent on paid page builders and themes for Wordpress.

Avash from AvaTel Pvt. Ltd.

The Most Flexible Drag and Drop Website Builder

Wix is an amazing web builder. I can't remember properly but I think I tried building my first website when I was in school with HTML, CSS and I saw their ADs on YouTube and thought about giving Wix a try - and I am very happy that I chose to try Wix. I learned that creating a website was a lot easier than I expected - thanks to Wix. Since then I have been using Wix for my personal projects and client projects and from my experience, Wix is the best visual web builder currently available in the market. Its the editor is without any doubt - the best Drag and Drop Editor as its editing capacities has overtaken every other builder.

Pros

There are many practical templates that we just import and are ready to use - which is the thing that I like most about Wix. There are many builders available now in market with fancy looking templates but most of them aren't practical to use. But the case is different with Wix - the templates are ready to be used - very practical and optimized for mobile devices. This is why I always choose Wix to design websites for clients with small businesses who want to be able to edit details themselves as editing is easy too. With Wix, an above-average computer user can create a professional-looking website and even average computer user can edit websites. I generally get $14 per month plan which doesn't show ADs and gives more than enough storage for most websites. I guess $14 per month for a website is a pretty good price. Another thing I like most about Wix is automatic backups which makes sure that we never lose any information.

Cons

As a PageSpeed Optimization specialist - the thing I like least about Wix is its slow loading speed. I don't think we should be expecting a blazing fast website when we use Drag and Drop Website Builder. However, I think Wix is enough for small businesses as they are a lot faster than they used to be and their speed isn't terrible. Other than that - I can't think of any cons about Wix.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Wix has Drag and Drop editor that actually works - GoDaddy's editor is very limited in terms of editing abilities. Wix is also very easy to use when compared to GoDaddy Website Builder. I have also found that most of my clients prefer Wix over GoDaddy.

Edwin from Kibabii University

Industry: Computer Networking

WiX the best artificial web designer and database creator

With WiX software I am able to customize my webpage or website easily and faster in relation to its fast speed and efficiency. It is easier to use regardless if one has less knowledge about the software since it has an interactive interface.

Pros

First of all what I like about this software is that drag and drop component, with this feature one is able to create a smart, attractive and functioning website within the shortest time possible. Another thing I like about this software is that of the interface, it is really simple and interactive thereby making it easy for any user to use it. Another thing I like about this software is that it is safe and pace at which the software works is marvelous. WiX enables one be able to edit and perform all operations concerning a website easily and faster. Lastly with this software one is able to upload their products and online on their ecommerce websites.

Cons

Even though it is better to drag and drop rather than coding, dragging and dropping lowers your creativity in that coming up with a full complete design is hard. Another thing I don't like about this software pop up notification. It asks you every time to upgrade the software even when you've already bought the premium services. Another thing I didn't like about this software is the add-ons on the software when you click on some of them, it asks you to register and pay for them. Lastly what I least like about this software is domain, though it is preferred for one to buy domain it is not cheap in WiX and at some point in time the domain registries may fluctuate thereby it is not fixed or static.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

I switched to WiX not because WordPress was bad but I wanted to learn and understand the functionalities of an alternative software that the same basic operations.

Lucky Griffin from PDBY Media

Wix Review

My overall experience with wix has been one with mixed feelings. It however still is the best freely available interactive web design platform available so I stick to it.

Pros

The features I liked most about wix are 1. its ease of use and deployment. It is fairly easy to create a website in wix even without prior coding experience. and 2. Its free version has many funtionalities including SEO intergration, unlike some of its competitors.

Cons

What I liked least about wix is the ease with which the widgets on website pages tend to get easily disorganised/moved around at times by mistake. This makes the website delicate to handle on some point. But it is something manageable.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

It is easier to edit and customise the wix websites compared to wordpress.

Daine from All out recordings

Websites for beginners

I have made much money off of wix. Using it to establish a rapport with other entertainment services and marketing mediators. I was able to sell products out of my flash store and provide customer support using many of their features that allow me to adept to The ease of convenience.

Pros

I like that wix was easily establish to help beginners grow or build a website with minimal effort and they offer a free month trial. If you’re just starting a business it’s easy to market or endorse your website . They offer analytics and daily and weekly reports. Easy to navigate and edit your templates as well as add gadgets and coding with minimal knowledge of how to code.

Cons

What I like least is that there were crashes and bugs they promised to fix that pretty much are still running the same and crashing nowadays at the same rate.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

I made the switch when the free trial caught my eye. I was paying high prices for a new web developing service and found out about this one.

Varsha from My India Art Handicrafts

Create Website in Just 5 Minutes - Easy & Comfortable

overall experience is really good as an startup websites, ecommerce websites too. in our organization we use wix websites many times when we are in requirement to make website for relatives, startups in easy to use and dynamic websites.

Pros

I like the features they have added in creating websites. Easy to set templates as per need , just select template and put content - ready to publish.

Cons

there is a limitation in customization settings. if in case my need are different and use custom code in that template then I can't use custom code in pre set template.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

typo3 is quite complex and not easy to make changes dynamically.

Jenna from Wild Harbors

Easy solution for DIY website

We've used this for our band website for years because it lets us quickly make updates and changes and results in an attractive site. It has a built-in blog feature and current, trendy designs.

Pros

I like the drag and drop functions, so you do not need to code. Their sample templates for sites are attractive and easy to adapt.

Cons

There are limitations with customization, and it's sometimes hard to resize or get custom HTML blocks to appear the way you want them to on a page.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

They had a deal to sign up, and at the time they had more templates that related to our business.

Pamela from Pamela Storch

Industry: Music

Amazing Website Functionality with Incredible Features

My overall experience with Wix has been a very positive one. Wix fills a unique niche in that it allows beginners to create a professional-looking website with little to no coding skills, yet has extremely advanced features that grow with you. From booking integration, to blog creation, menus to mobile device formatting customization, I really have not found any other platform that is so extensive in what it offers.

Pros

Wix is one of the best website providers out there. The features are easy to start with, yet provide unprecedented opportunity for enhancement. Some of the advanced tools they provide such as databases, datasets, and dynamic pages, allow for templates to be created without manually copying each page. Wix has amazing music player integration, allowing composers and music artists to showcase and sell their work directly from their website. The apps, coding tools and new addition, called Velo, allow for infinite customization, making Wix a great choice for anyone who needs more than the basics.

Cons

Overall, Wix is amazing and I have had very positive experiences using their platform. However there are a few areas for improvement. Wix is missing Apple Pay functionality at the moment. This drives customers to other platforms in order to fill this gap. Wix also has an amazing art store app with so much potential, however the company used for print fulfillment has received several less-than stellar reviews. I have also noticed that website speeds for Wix sites tend to be slightly slower than other companies. There are also several formatting glitches I have experienced with Wix, especially with page layout, but they seem to be short-lived. The limited social media share button customization in terms of color, shape and formatting can be frustrating for websites with a specific decor. Otherwise, my experience has been very positive.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

While each product has their benefits, Wix offered the most customization and options, with the least skills required, for the best price available.

Christine from Real Estate

My go-to website development tool for clients

I’ve used Wix for over 11 years and have had 100% client satisfaction. The templates have given me light speed in turnaround time for completing an entire website and warp speed when executing any requests for changes and updates from clients. It all boils down to providing excellent customer service to my clients and this web development tool makes it that much easier for me.

Pros

More often do my clients want a website that they can easily modify and manage on their own after it’s been developed and published. When I know this to be on their wishlist for their site, I go to Wix. Not only can I quickly design a site for them without the obligation of purchasing the web hosting, they can walkthrough the product and use it before committing to it. Their platform is easy to use with plenty of opportunities to modify templates and the apps to enhance the features and functions of the site are low-cost and also easy to use.

Cons

There are certainly some design limitations with the interface. The changes I make on desktop version doesn’t automatically take effect on the mobile version (requiring more time and effort when designing). While I do love the unstructured editor which allows me more freedom in my design, I’ve found myself just learning shortcuts and workarounds with the bugs I encounter. But for clients who aren’t as familiar with the interface, it can be a struggle.

Kevin from Height Advantages LLC

Quick and Simple Way to Set up A Website

I found my experience with wix good, I just wish the more customizable features were included rather than paying extra.

Pros

I like that it billed monthly and I can drag and drop it into templates that are modern and easy to use. I've always liked how easy it was to use and implement into a mobile-friendly website.

Cons

It is very expensive and the high-end features that give it a more custom feel are not possible with most plans. The tier system is not fair and gives this cheapness aspect.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

We chose Wix because of the price and the name brand that came with it.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

We made the switch because we wanted more features that came with wix and it was a little cheaper per month.

Alexandro from Alexandro PUGLIA

Créer un site facilement avec Wix est à a la porté de tous

Wix est adapté aux personnes qui n'a pas les compétences techniques, celui qui n'a jamais conçu de site internet a de multiple fonction pour en créer un. Toutes les petites entreprise qui n'ont pas de budget pour payer un concepteur peut le faire avec ces propre moyen, quelque tutoriel et de la volonté. Wix est vraiment top pour celui qui souhaite construire un site rapidement et facilement.

Pros

1- L'interface est très facile à comprendre. Chaque option est correctement placée de manière à ce que la courbe d'apprentissage ne soit pas trop raide. Toute personnes désirant créer un site rapidement peut le faire. 2-La fonction comme l'alignement intelligent est super cool. 3- La FAQ est fournie, les questions d'usage ou de difficulté ou déjà une réponse, du coup on ne peut pas rester bloqué très longtemps. 4 - Enregistre les fichiers avec facilité et la fonction de suivi du gestionnaire de versions est un outil formidable. 5 -Peu couteux

Cons

Des frais supplémentaires. Différentes tâches ou options de personnalisation peuvent entraîner des couts supplémentaires. Par exemple, une URL personnalisée, certaines mises en page de site, et bien d'autres choses encore, peuvent toutes s'ajouter à votre prix global.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

La facilité, je trouve l'utilisation plus cool

Michelle from MS Creatives

Industry: Music

Webbing With Wix

My overall experience with Wix has been great! I am enjoying their website builder and their amazing features. I only wish that it was a little less expensive to use their individual features. However, I don't plan on switching my website to another builder because Wix is by far the easiest and most organized to use.

Pros

The things I like most about Wix is their website drag-and-drop builder. It is easy to use and edit when necessary. I also like their clean and organized dashboard because it helps me access everything I need quickly and easily.

Cons

Wix is definitely expensive compared to other premium web plans. They are constantly asking you to upgrade which gets a little annoying and their don't offer a set plan with all their features in one.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

I chose Wix because of their many features and their easy to use drag-and-drop builder. It continues to help me stand out everday!

Reasons for Switching to Wix

I made the switch to Wix because their software is easier to use and is constantly updating to give my customers the latest and most productive web/mobile experience.

WENDY from MCJO ACADEMY SDN BHD

User Friendly Website Builder

Overall , I am a happy Wix user so far. Everything in WIX is a no-brainer. Even if you do, there's always a friendly help support team to ask around with. So, go ahead and try it out. Building a website wouldn't be a headache with WIX ;)

Pros

I really like how versatile WIX is. You can basically be as creative as you want in building your own website. Even if you are not as creative , the beautiful templates given are enough to make you choose the perfect design. Or you can even let WIX to do the site building job for you as they have a very convenient and intelligent . Just answer a few questions and let Wix to start building your website. You just need to make some personal touch and that will be guided by Wix as well. I love the fact that there is a cropping tool which can really cut off your time if you're not a photoshop user. The tool gives you the simplest way to crop out background and saving you lots of time. Also, another thing to love is that how simple it is to integrate other software into wix . Even if you are from a zero coding background, integration becomes easy as ABC and that's no joke.

Cons

I have to say that I didn't like the fact that most widgets added in Wix are some add on feature which require you sign up and pay. I have to say as convenient they are, the usage is quite limited and the price is somewhat expensive. For example, there is a limit for the forms and subscribers name lists . Hence, as a user, we have required to use 3rd party software to be integrated such as Zapier and Hubspot. I just realized that by using Wix as a website, it means that you are bound to use it for the rest of your life as you cannot transfer your site to some other site builders. It wouldnt be much of a big deal if you have already done it as the features in Wix are quite comprehensive and useful.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

I have heard how Wordpress is easily hacked by others so I decided to choose Wix in the end because so far, I have only heard good security about Wix.

Simply Drag and Drop

The handling of the webpage is very easy and so it removes a great amount of load. I have not yet used or tried the Customer Service may be because I did not felt the need so far which is actually a good point. I once was about to call the customer care when it was showing me to upgrade when I already have purchased the premium service. But then the FAQ's popped up and my problem was solved.

Pros

1) The interface is very easy to get along. Every option is properly placed in a way that learning curve is not that steep. Anybody can Master it in no time. 2) The smart alignment feature is awesome. 3) Large number of queries are already covered in the FAQs section. 4) Saves files with ease and the track of the release manager feature is great tool.

Cons

1) Usage of dynamic pages is not that easy. 2) Lack of proper documentation of Corvid. I mean to say that the Corvid document is very comprehensive but does not cover the specific questions. The documentation is not easy to go through. 3) The guide to connect the premium package, that you already purchased, with the site that you are building should be kept upfront. I thought that as I have deleted the site which was previously connected to the premium package , i will need to buy the premium package again and that is so frustrating. 4) Not telling upfront that when I use the 'Editor X' I will have to pay extra. I once designed the entire website on the 'Editor X' and then came to know that I have to pay extra. It imprinted the bad impression because the same Wix credentials works on the 'Editor X' as well so how can anyone know this? 5) Also the 'Upgrade' Notification is annoying when you already have purchased the premium services.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

SquareSpace has many features and they are all good. At the same time it was very expensive as well. I switched not because it was not good, I just wanted to try a different engine and see how good that is.

Jeff from Clique Studios

Wix - the Solution for Ease of Web Launches

If I were a small business looking for a simple, easy to manage website that just needs to highlight the top information of my business in a slick and creative way then Wix would be my solution. Wix is built for spinning up a cool site asap at a reasonable cost. Very impressive for the swim lane they play in.

Pros

Incredibly easy to start and set up an account and get designing. Wix is a breeze to work with and the design/template options are outstanding and professional. A simple site looks like a work of art in a short amount of time. It's definitely not for everyone but for personal or small business (nion-ecomm) sites Wix is a great solution.

Cons

This is not a platform if you need multiple or heavy integrations of ecomm, erp, APIs. Wix is definitely of value for small business. It also has a reoccurring subscription plan so we're tied into that monthly cost but it's well worth it.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

It was a hard decision as they really have some of the same features and both are easy to use and comparative in price. We simply liked Wix's UI a bit better.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Wix was way easier to launch and fit the needs of our small business site. Wordpress is great but far heavier in implementation and we would need constant admin updates and personnel to manage - Wix was easily the better choice for what we needed.

User Friendly Product!

Overall, Wix is my favorite web page. As someone who doesn't know HTML and CSS, Wix makes creating a customizable and unique site easy. The stock photos are also a great touch and add sophistication to any website.

Pros

I love how the themes were so easily customizable! I've used dozens of web developers but Wix is easily my favorite. You can select a theme from a catalog of beautifully designed themes and add/remove whatever you want. The designers made developing a beautiful, original, and personalized site easy and effortless. The stock photos made available are also awesome!

Cons

I don't have much to complain about. But if I had to something, I would say what I like least about this software is the how difficult it is to undo progress from previous sessions. I wish I could reload older versions of my webpage.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

Wix was the most user friendly.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Squarespace was too rigid for me and difficult to undo mistakes.

Eli from Makam Dance Academy

A very powerful tool for small and medium businesses

I've been using Wix for the past 6 years for several of our businesses' websites and honestly it's a blessing! The features increase from year to year, the security level is awesome, the comfort of use is stellar and you can do it all by yourself! Even if you have a team that works on the website you can go in, figure out what's going on and make the necessary changes in the blink of an eye.

Pros

The ease of use is remarkable with Wix. Its layout is very user-friendly and intuitive. If you're a beginner and have no clue as to how to build website or if you're a person who's comfortable with tech jargon and IT puzzles Wix's platform is a one-size fits most.

Cons

There are still some features that are lacking such as nested pages within pages, site version in more than two languages (for example if you want your website in 4 different languages). I would've loved to have a bit more than 100 page limit for our websites. 100 might seem a lot for someone who wants to create a simple website, but for a dance school with several programs, bifurcations, details and information to put on there, it would've been nice to have just a bit more flexibility.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

It was the best overall (features, quality, security, price)

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Wordpress is too complicated, not enough encompassing, and too stiff for the average joe.

Sandesh from Faith Over Feelings Ministry

Website in minutes

I had the best experience with Wix. I am building an e-commerce store for document preparation and will launch soon. But till now I have seen Wix being so friendly and easy to use. I had an awesome experience in building my portfolio and website with Wix. I would highly recommend this website builder to a beginner friend of mine!! Without a miss!!

Pros

I love the build of this platform. First of all, they offer built-in hosting services which reduces the hiccups of external domination of other hosting services. Second, they provide custom email ID which boosts our business and portfolio. They have an amazing workflow for creating portfolio, blog, e-commerce website and much more. The e-commerce platform they have is so secured and the payment gateways are so much optimised to be mobile-friendly and user friendly. So there will be no fear of getting hacked or bankrupt (of online stores). Their portfolio options are so good. Above all, after the creation of any form of website, they provide a strong hosting service [third parties are not allowed - which is more trustworthy about Wix]. They provide a mail base to keep up with our business or manage website. Wix can be upgraded at a much affordable cost compared to other websites. It requires no coding experience, which I love the most! All these are the facts which I love about Wix.

Cons

There are not much points which I like the least about Wix but I do have one issue about their domain subscriptions. It is always good to buy domains from other domain registries but not preferably from Wix. Because wix may give customized web domains but the pricing may increase at any point of time and inevitably we have to pay that. No fixed price for purchased domains.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

The coding experience which WordPress requires made me little unambiguous about the interface my website should have, though there are customizable themes to use. Unlike wix, this has a ton of plug-in for each step - for example - chatbot, hosting service, login credential maintaining platform, analytics and others which should be added manually. These made me switch to Wix

Jude from Self Employed

Create Design presence with WIX

I wanted to have an economical site in which clients could see my work. WIX provides this without taking the financial obligation. After Covid, I see remote working as being the norm in the apparel industry. Iam seriously considering opting for the premium plan to garner more business. I am impressed with how they continue to evolve the platform and integrate other platforms for a seamless way of working

Pros

I set up my WIX account 5 years ago. While I am in the design field my main focus is on apparel design not web development. I am happy that I do not need to have coding skills to set up my website and have maintained the site with minimal effort. Creating the site from scratch is challenging at first because you have to get accustomed to how the tools work. After, the platform is relatively easy to navigate and easy to update withnew design work. I send clients a link where they can easily navigate the tabs on the site and see the various product categories I design. I am very happy with the overall look and appearance. Now that we are working remotely I am romancing the idea of paying for account vs. for free. When you have a free account you have the WIX banner on your site. WIX also provides you with analytics so you can see how well your site is doing and provides you with both links and services to boost your visibilty.

Cons

I have been using WIX at a minimum without converting to a paying customer, it's been ok to present time but with remote working on the rise I feel I will need to add the premium service. I still haven't ordered since I am comparing which software product will provide the most for money. While $15 doesn't seem a lot, as a freelancer, all the applications I use start to add up.

Affordability! However, I am contemplating buying into the premium version

John from Reliable Carpet Cleaning

Easley Create a Quality Website For Free!

I easily created a website for my business using Wix. I am a computer technician, but I am not able to write one line of code and certainly have no clue how to create a website from scratch or even use WordPress to create a website. I desperately needed a website for my business (a service industry) but I did not want to hire someone simply because of the cost. I discovered Wix, opened a free account and created an excellent website in a very reasonable time frame. (I use the free version and still receive lots of traffic and customer responses) That was approximately 5 years ago. Wix has recently upgraded there website format to a more modern interface. With just a few clicks your website is upgraded to a better look and feel, at no additional charge to you. If you want to use the premium version, you can get your own domain etc. at a very reasonable price. I highly recommend Wix if you want to develop your own website and avoid the high cost of having another company do it for you. -John Lawrence Reliable Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning (Moncton, N.B. Canada)

Pros

Absolutely easy to use and very easy to edit if necessary. I also love that the free version has generated a lot of business for my company. Nothing to lose in my opinion!

Cons

There was not one thing I did not like about this product. Perhaps if they created my website for me it would be perfect. (Just Kidding)

Reasons for Choosing Wix

I just prefer Wix for its ease of use and the fact that I can use it free.

Ko-Ko from Ko-Ko Owirodu

Industry: Graphic Design

Professional Website for the Small Entrepreneur

I have enjoyed using the Wix platform to create and manage my business website. I have also used it to design websites for my clients. The platform has a variety of features that can give any website a professional look and feel. The accompanying mobile app has helped me quickly respond to inquiries left on my website by prospective clients. The app also has the added feature of letting me know when someone is on my website and what part of the county they are browsing from. I have recommended Wix to many of my colleagues, and I will continue to do so in the future.

Pros

Wix makes it easy to have a beautiful, professional website without any coding experience. Using this software I was able to create an online portfolio to showcase my graphic design work. I have received compliments from many clients and prospects on the aesthetic and professionalism of my website.

Cons

I did notice that the website editor can get a bit slow and glitchy if you do not refresh the page often while working on your website. Also, the monthly subscription price point is a bit high, but considerable savings can be achieved with an annual subscription, especially when there is a sale.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

The ease of use, amount of features, and more enjoyable interface experience.

Navia from AA Airlines

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Get your site the way you want it !

I have been using Wix since I was a kid to build fun websites and blogs and at the tender age of 23, I can say my opinion still stands and I absolutely love Wix. I will always recommend this to anyone starting out and would like to personalize their site to their liking without dishing out a bunch of money. I have not had any issues thus far using the software and I have been using it for well over 10 years.

Pros

If you have never dabbled in website or graphic design, Wix provides you with all of the tools you would ever need to successfully build and launch a website. You do not need to have a background in web design to accomplish the look of a professionally built site. Over the years I have built many sites and the feedback I would get is all courtesy of the easy to use built in website design tools. I have gotten so many people especially older and less tech savvy to build their site via Wix and they absolutely love it. There are so many features, even a feature to create your own personal logo for FREE; yes for free. Wix provides options for all levels of businesses so you can access all of the design features for free with certain exceptions. But as beginner anything you would need to build a site is 100% free and easy to use.

Cons

I wish Wix would add additional monthly plan options. I feel as though that as a beginner the free option suffices but I would like to pay for the additional features on a need to basis versus paying for an entire plan with features I do not care to use. This is not a major con but it is my least liked feature of this software.

Caleb from Brandeis University

Industry: Research

Ranges from "good" to "superb", depending on use case

Overall a great experience. Wix excels in creating visually stunning websites with ease. It is featureful and intuitive. One's experience does depend on the use case, however. Wix seems to be optimally configured for the artist-type: photographers, musicians, fashion/lifestyle bloggers, etc. It is less optimal for the "techie-type", e.g., programmers, engineers, mathematicians, etc. It is still pretty good in the latter cases, but I'd probably only recommend 7/10 for "techies". On the other hand, if you're an artist-type and fit squarely within the provided templates, then I would 10/10 recommend.

Pros

With Wix, it is fast and easy to create a visually compelling website. Coding skills or previous web design experience are not required. You start out by choosing a template specific to your needs (e.g., blogging, business site, photography, CV/portfolio, and others). The templates are high quality and there appears to be a wide selection. Once you make a selection, you enter the web editor and can start customizing the default elements ("Elements" here refers to things like text boxes, headers, backgrounds, embedded media, widgets, etc.) You can also add your own elements. All of this is done with intuitive graphical controls, no coding necessary. If I recall correctly, the process of custom domain registration was not difficult; they guide you through the steps. Or you can use a provided Wix domain for no additional cost. Whatever the specifics, I remember it being any easy process. They host your website on their own servers, so you don't have to worry about that part either.

Cons

The graphical user interface is slow. This may be unavoidable given the nuts and bolts happening behind the scenes while you move around and edit elements. But it definitely is annoying. Sometimes the graphical interface does not do exactly what you want -- simple examples being the exact positioning of elements and rendering of text or images. It also may be difficult to customize outside the bounds of the provided templates, e.g., I could not find an easy way to display math equations. There appears to be a "Dev Mode" where you can configure the nuts and bolts of the underlying code, but I have not tried this. Finally, the pricing seemed expensive for personal use, e.g., if you are a student just trying to set up a CV/portfolio site.

Diogo from Diogo Sallaberry Fotografia

Industry: Photography

It helped me to build a pro looking website

It helped me to step up and build a pro looking website. After a couple of years of use, I found better options to my business, but have recommended to a friend since.

Pros

Wix is a versatile website builder, with lots of possibilities. You can build a website from scratch, organizing a main page, a blog and pretty much anything you may need. The templates also help you to have a starting point, but you can personalize most of it with what you want to communicate. If you follow the tips, you can boost your SEO, link it to facebook pixel and Google Analytics. Also, you can buy your domain together with their plan, which helps on saving time.

Cons

There are many bugs on posting photographs, especially in the distance between each photo on blog posts. It is a small thing, but, since I'm a photographer, it was a lot of wasted time solving these design issues. Also, there were some limitations on the templates that didn't help on capturing leads or building landing pages.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

Because, at the time I bought it, I didn't have any friends who used Alboom. But, since last year, I've switched to Alboom ProSite an am happy with the new product.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Because I wanted a better looking website, more like a pro online home for my business.

Arran from go green cbd oils

Reviewing Wix

My Overall view is that Wix do give a great service and its very easy to use and to get a great site up and going in a few days if not in one day ! Only thing id say is that they are dragging their heals in updating the back end of the shop to make it better but the costs of Millions seems to be putting them off !! Bite the Bullet Wix !!

Pros

Great Platform, Never Crashes and fast to upload, Great information on how to use Wix and you dont have to be an Expert to use and to make a great website

Cons

No Cons,ive found over the years its always up and going 24/7 so never no down time, i find it very hard to dislike anything about the Wix platform

Reasons for Choosing Wix

the price is cheaper and theres not much difference in the platform compared to Wix Vs Shopify

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Wix has a stronger and faster platform and it dont crash as much as Yola did.

Ada from HKSTP

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Considering time efficiency in building a good-looking website, WiX is a no-brainer

WiX serves best as a prototype when discussing with stakeholders on the design / look and feel for anything that appears online. Instead of putting the text in a word document and arguing the color tone or how pictures should be displayed, why not just open up a WiX account and start building a prototype to facilitate discussion? My experience is that this tool significantly reduces the turnaround time discussing / confirming with vendors on web design details. Another shortcoming is its SEO capability. But again, it's best for beginner and not for advanced user.

Pros

I would consider Wix as the most easy-to-use website builder, when compared with Wordpress & Strikingly. Over the years it has made huge improvements, especially now with its ADI (Artificial Design Intelligence) feature where you'll first be asked a couple of questions regarding the purpose, the functions, the look and feel of your ideal website, then a ready version would be automatically generated for your further edit, i.e. via drag and drop of your preferred style.

Cons

At first I didn't even recognize the difference between Wix Editor & Wix ADI so I got confused and found difficulty following the step-by-step advice on Q&A session. It's simple to identity which is which: If you didn't answer those questions in the beginning, and chose your own designer template instead, then that's a website built under Wix Editor which allows full control over every aspect of the site. On the other hand, if you're like me who wants a quick solution and accept the readily generated website, then it's built under WiX ADI, but you then lose the autonomy to change, even it's just the minor stuff on the webpage. And here comes the problem: Sometimes, when the functions on WiX ADI just didn't work (e.g. after hitting a button a menu was supposed to appear on the left but it just didn't show up) then it's time to write an inquiry to Customer Service Support, instead of reading through the Q&A which mainly offers advice on WiX Editor.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Wordpress is functional but a lot more complicated and not so design-intuitive. Since my focus is on layout and ease of viewing on mobile, WiX is way more friendly to use.

Jonathan from Bold Artistix Creative Marketing

Website Builder With Integrations Galore

Like many new businesses, we didn't have the funds to hire a web developer to build us a custom website. We turned to online web builders to get our online footprint, and stuck with Wix because it was easy to use, offered great responsive features, and their options for outside integrations were numerous. Then we found out that we could offer different language versions of our site and we were hooked. Now, Wix handles our whole website presence: sales, blog, landing page, product pages, etc.

Pros

Of the website builders we've tried and implemented for ourselves and our customers, Wix has the best set of supplemental product integrations that we've found. They even have their own in-house solutions for things like forms, emails, and sales–if you don't already use an external provider. Connecting to your providers is also really simple and secure, so you have trust that your and your customer's data will not be comprised just because you're not using your own code. We also LOVE the language translation feature. This has been a boon as we grew our business in other countries and needed to communicate in different languages.

Cons

Web builders like Wix, Squarespace, etc. often sell with the promise of an easy-to-use, DIY website builder. At the beginning, that was true. Now, however, many of our customers are paying us to build and manage their sites because as the service grew more robust, with more features, our customers couldn't keep up. I would love to see the company stay focused on ease-of-use as they add more features. The moms and pops of online shops often can't manage to learn new features and run their business at the same time–despite that being an important part of growing a business.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

We eventually chose Wix over the others because we needed a simple way to host our website in different languages. Wix has excellent integrations options that both we and our customer use, and they're constantly keeping their designs, back end, etc. up to date and relevant.

Reilly from Cox Fine Art and Design

A quick and easy way to build a website

I have created a couple of simple websites for clients to go along with branding projects, as well as keeping my personal portfolio up to date as a Wix site, and it has proved to be very effective for those purposes.

Pros

Wix has been a lifesaver as someone who has little coding experience. The platform as a whole makes it really easy to customize landing pages and websites to point clients to. If you are not a designer and just want to use a template, Wix provides plenty of well-designed options to choose from. I mostly appreciate the fact that you are able to start from scratch if you want to and design your own site, specific to your needs.

Cons

I would say that one of the only downsides to Wix is the fact that a lot of the widgets and add ons applications are not very well developed in many cases. I wish there were better and more simple ways to customize galleries and display photos sometimes. Often you can find a workaround for issues but there are efficiencies that are definitely still being developed.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

Ease of use and overall price structure.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Squarespace used to be a lot less user-friendly than it is nowadays so at the time it was the best way for me to create what I needed in an efficient and effective way.

Michael from Gray Project Solutions

Great for a wide array of industries

Overall my experience has been great. I have used Wix for years across 3 very different industries with great success.

Pros

I really like the simplicity of it. You can start from basically a blank canvas or from any one of their many themed templates. It's all point and click and no coding.

Cons

It can be a little limited in terms of customization when bringing in things for another source. For example if you wanted to use it as a platform for a integrated database, unfortunately it doesn't always integrate.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

The ease of use and professional designs are fantastic. I was able to do everything on my own without anything more than basic instruction.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

GoDaddy was far more limited in terms of point and click site options for substantially more money.

Patty from Patricia Russo, Psy.D. LLC

Industry: Individual & Family Services

User Friendly & Launched My Business!

My aim with establishing a website was to increase advertising and community outreach to increase my client load. Since having my website up and running my traffic and online presence has increased drastically and I went from part-time to full-time because I have been getting calls or contact forms regularly.

Pros

I am no experience with setting up a website, but was able to set up a professional, user friendly website using Wix's templates as a guide. If I ever ran into a problem or had any issues, Wix's support staff was super responsive, patient, and helped resolve any issues as soon as possible. On top of that, Wix offered a discount coupon to allow for additional features on my website that allows me to track visitors, traffic, time of day...etc. which has helped me target my advertising. I love that I have the option to include a contact form box to track people who reach out to my business, I have an interactive map to my office, and most importantly my site is mobile friendly!

Cons

The only challenge I had with the Wix software is that it does take some time to set up. However, I would imagine that is how it is with any software when setting up an inclusive website.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

I ended up choosing Wix over alternative due to it being user friendly, more template options, the price point matched the features, and Wix allowed for safety and privacy with website building that is important to me.

Lindy from Old Spanish Trail Studio, Lindy Cook Severns Art

Wix Works for Fine Art

I market and sell my original art and prints online to a nationwide audience, and Wix has made it simple and rewarding for me to keep my website updated myself. I have no idea how their support is. In over 2 years, I've never had to use it.

Pros

For easy and intuitive to use WYSIWYG software, Wix offers almost endless possibilities for customization. As a professional artist, design uniqueness is everything when it comes to my website. It's sort of fun and almost game-like to use. I've never had it crash, either. And the online commerce app is equally seamless to use, design-wise and financially.

Cons

I'd like more features on the blog platform. While it integrates perfectly with the website, it is limited in design features, and users can't comment directly.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

Reviews seemed to favor Wix for creatives.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Having been with GoDaddy over a decade, I got tired of fighting software changes that diminished the creative experience and dummied-down their program. I want to have control of my design without learning code. I know how to sell my art. They don't .

Emeka from Innovation Growth Hub

An Awesome Website Builder

I use wix to build my business website. Considering that it is free to use, I didn't have to spend any budget to get my business website done. I also didn't have to pay website developers as all I needed to get things done were available on the Wix platform.

Pros

Wix is a drag and drop website builder. There are many reasons for which I love Wix, among them include: 1. Free to Use: Wix is a free to use website builder. It is one of the most widely used Content Management Systems (CMS). Despite the fact that Wix is a free software, it can be used to build a stunning website. 2. Free domain name and free hosting: Wix provides users with a free domain name, and also a free hosting on which to build their desired websites. 3. Availability of templates: Wix have templates available, and I only had to choose a desired template to get started. 4. Easy learning curve: I'm tempted to say that Wix have no, or a straight (linear) learning curve as one can get started immediately after creating an account on Wix. This was amazing for me. 5. Availability of sections: Wix webpages can be built in sections. This make it easy to design and edit a page. 6. Responsiveness: Wix pages are mobile responsive. By this I never had to bother about how to make my website responsive for visitors who are using mobile devices to access it. Wix automatically creates a mobile responsive version, and the final outlook of a page on mobile can be previewed while still designing the page.

Cons

It's very hard to point out anything I don't like about Wix. All the while I've been using Wix, it'd been a pleasurable experience. The only problem I have with Wix is the cost of the premium version. I consider the premium version to be expensive for a beginner who is looking to operate on a lean budget.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

I was looking for a platform that can allow me drag and drop elements to create a website. WordPress could do that, but I'll need to install an additional plugin. With Wix, I could start building a website using the drag and drop editor without having to install any other software.

Briana from Contractor

Good enough for business websites that don't require complex builds or functionality

For businesses that do not require eCommerce functionality (purchasing goods online), I would say this is a great tool to get a beautiful website up-and-running in little to no time with all of the basic functionality needed to provide a good customer experience. I cannot speak for the eCommerce side as I have not had a client with these requirements but am curious to know how functional their tools are.

Pros

There is no real "onboarding" required for a tool like Wix. You can get a website skeleton stood up within 10 minutes or so, and the process for upgrading to a Premium account is painless. Migrating domains over from other providers (like GoDaddy) was surprisingly simple and was processed much faster than their anticipated wait times. I have built Wix sites for 3 separate clients at this point and have had no major issues to date.

Cons

This tool is not for experienced web developers, or at the very least does not allow them to customize the site properly in terms of proper HTML tagging. The SEO tool is too surface-level to allow for true optimization of the site. For instance I have recently discovered the nav bars across all three of my sites are not properly being picked up and indexed by Google, which is really affecting our SEO. There is no pre-built option for this in Wix and, as I am not a true developer, it will be challenging for me to fix on my own. The other small issue I have is with the number of email addresses that can be included on form submission alerts. Even for a premium account you can only have two people notified when a contact submission comes through, which is aggravating for an org with multiple people that need to be aware.

Terrible customer service

Sarah from Pfeiffer Media

Industry: Online Media

Professional Websites for the Average Person

As a solopreneur, creating a website for my online business was important. When I realized how expensive it would be to hire a web designer, I knew I needed to figure it out on my own. Wix allowed me to do that. I was surprised at how easy the drag and drop templates made it, and how simple it was to customize the templates. Often times you will be told "Don't use a template that everyone uses. But Wix allows you to take that templates and fully customize it to your brand. To make it even better, the pricing for Wix Pro is perfect. It is significantly more affordable than going through a platform like GoDaddy, and 10x easier to use.

Pros

My favorite thing about Wix are the drag and drop themes. Wix takes the website themes to the next level by allowing you to customize the template you have chosen.

Cons

My least favorite thing about this platform is sometimes the web design platform is a pain. By this I mean, while creating your websites, you will run into times where layers of your design will become jumbled, or the overlapping overlays will make it difficult to access an element or text block you are trying to move. For this reason, it is important to save your website as a draft frequently while designing.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

I consulted several close business friends. Many of them use Wix for their websites, so I knew if I had questions they would be able to help.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

I found the GoDaddy Website Builder to be extremely overwhelming, and then when I looked at the renewable price at the end of the first year I realized it wasn't worth it for all the aggravation and then an annual cost that would quadruple.

Chelsea from Freelance

Industry: Performing Arts

The most user-friendly website builder

I use Wix for my actor website, and whenever I have to build a website for something else, I turn immediately to Wix. I've tried to use other website builders and have found Wix to be superior every single time. The image galleries can be a tad tedious at times, but for the overall effect of having candids and headshots displayed for easy browsing for directors and producers is worth it.

Pros

The number of customization options is incomparable. The level of control you have over where your content appears is amazing for a detail-oriented perfectionist such as myself; add in pop-up guidelines when your content is aligned to page/field/object and even the most persnickety builder is on cloud nine.

Cons

Sometimes the automatic formatting of text within a single field is counterproductive to my interests, and it takes extra time, focus, and a few table slaps to get the content juuust right. If I could make any suggestion tot he Wix website builder, outstanding as it is, it would be to add a toggle for "auto format within field" or not, so that if I want a header for my paragraph in a different text style or size, without adding a "header" in an auto-formatted style, I can just change them to my liking without arguing with the automatic formatting. That said, I'm sure this very feature is helpful to others who aren't so detail retentive. One that just jumped to mind was the image gallery builder. It seems simple enough at first but the more I try to customize and adjust it, the more tedious the selection and addition process is. Maybe streamline that a little more?

Reasons for Choosing Wix

Wix is what I cut my teeth on in college, so after taking the others for a spin in other classes, I came right back to Wix when it came time to build the flagship of my online presence. I have no regrets.

Sarah from The PaintLine

As a frequent website designer, Wix is my all-time preferred platform!

I have been using Wix for over 8 years and can say that I am frequently a happy customer! Compared to other website building platforms like Squarespace and Wordpress, I love the easy functionality that Wix provides. Plus, the price is always right what we're looking for. The help pages are easy to use if you need to teach yourself something, and the customer support team is always willing to help you find a solution. Overall I will continue using Wix and hope the platform keeps getting better and better as they have done so far!

Pros

I love the customization that Wix provides for website building. I usually start off with a blank template and build my own websites from scratch, so I love the quick drag-and-drop functions and the ability to customize absolutely everything right down to the font size and color. I also love the new app for the blog, which makes keeping up with posting easy and accessible.

Cons

I have run into some issues where Wix doesn't provide the widget I need so I've had to learn some code myself or hire an actual Wix expert. Luckily, this doesn't happen to frequently and Wix experts out there are super knowledgeable and fairly priced. I also wish they had more template options for lightboxes and landing pages to make those more unique and innovative.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

I initially chose Wix due to the price. Once I started getting into the website design, I learned that Wix is MUCH easier to use than both alternative products. You really don't need to have any code or HTML knowledge and I can build the structure of a brand new exciting website in just a few minutes.

Summer from PetsAway

Industry: Import and Export

Its great for people who are not software developers but want to do it themselves

Overall I would recommend WIX and I have used it for 2 different businesses. One was a pet boarding facility and one a ladies salon. That shows how versatile the site is! I have only had a positive experience with it. I suspect if you needed a website that had sales and inventory you probably couldn't use this one (as far as I know, but again, I didn't actually pursue that). The other thing was that it is very easy to modify and those modifications take effect very quickly.

Pros

The best thing is that it is EASY TO USE. I have no software experience but I was able to create 2 very professional looking websites (the first one, years ago; kittyritzq8.com and the second more recently eclipsesalonkwt.com) Both I was able to do entirely on my own. This is because the software is easy to use, is versatile and you can create multiple pages on the website easily. Both websites I migrated from a different platform that had been done for me. The kittyritz one was difficult to migrate and I had to call the help desk. They were amazing and walked me through it... mind you this was years ago. The templates were good ( I think there could have been more to choose from) but to be honest, both websites, I was able to do for purpose and both look good. The former I took down as I no longer have that business and the latter is still up and running, the new salon owner kept it (though she has changed it a tiny bit). I was even able to add a blog page to the site. If someone messaged from the site it got through. In any case, the most attractive thing about wix and the reason I always recommend it is that it is easy to set up your own website. AND it is not expensive. To be honest, if I set up a website for my current biz, I would use wix. It makes me totally self reliant. And on a tight budget that is what you need.

Cons

If I was going to fault something I would say more variability in templates. There were a few things I could not do with it. But honestly I cant recall what it was. Probably more fancy things. I think I was not able to upload video (though I cant be sure if that was the software or me)

Reasons for Choosing Wix

The Go Daddy option came up the second time I was looking to do my own website. The first time (cattery) I dont remember seeing Go Daddy. I think someone suggested wix so I used it. The second time (salon) I looked for wix, because I already had an account with them, and I knew their software and I already liked their software.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

I was not able to make any changes myself. I had to always go through the IT people, which is expensive when you want to make small changes often.

Aurora from Canadian Academy of Health & Wellness

Wix is Excellent for Business Websites

As a business Wix has helped our business reach more people by offering online bookings and receiving international transactions. I would absolutely recommend it to anyone looking for an easy to use platform.

Pros

Wix has been an excellent platform to host my Health and Wellness business website. I am able to schedule patient bookings, receive payments and even post to my social media. I have been using Wix for almost a year now. I switched from Squarespace because it was more affordable and offered a greater variety of tools for my business website. What I enjoy most about Wix is that it offers so many tools for social media promotion, video creation, business administration and is great for international transactions.

Cons

I would have to say that Wix overall is an excellent platform. But like everything, there are some things I wish they could modify or add to make the experience 100% ! For example, being able to get a hold of a customer service representative to receive assistance when I cannot receive it online is a pain. It's almost impossible to be in contact with a real person. Other than that, I cannot complain. Wix has provided a great product.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

Wix offered a more affordable price and more features than other products I had been researching.

Barb from Concept Marketing Group

Must Have for any Small to Medium Size Business

The savings is tremendous using the Wix software. I no longer need a custom programmer, and it saves my staff and I hours updating the web site. Their blog is very simple to set up and maintain - another plus for us as we use it on a daily basis. This software is a real time saver, the templates are professional and their support staff is very responsive and knowledgeable. I can't recommend this enough!

Pros

Excellent user experience, get started in minutes - there is no ramp up time to use this software. They have a powerful drag and drop editor , and you don't need any coding skills although coding is an option for the experienced users - a plus for any business. Make changes, add or remove text boxes, buttons, videos and more – within only a few clicks. There are hundreds of templates to choose from or you can create your site from scratch. They have an extensive help center - you can find answers to any questions and their are videos showing how to use their system.

Cons

Their SEO component is not as robust as it could be. While you can get the basics done, I struggled with trying to use advanced features and ended up using another program to do it.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Not enough features in Adobe and it was a more cumbersome software program. Their support was slow in responding.

matt from New Focus Films

Industry: Motion Pictures and Film

It's not Wordpress, and why that's important

Overall, I love Wix. I still stick with Wordpress for most of my sites, but I'm enjoying the ease of Wix for my main site.

Pros

After creating websites in Wordpress, Dreamweaver and even direct code, Wix is astoundingly refreshing and easy. The learning curve is quick. And once I started dragging and dropping various elements, my imagination for my site soared. The greatest value of Wix is it's ease of use. It's not just the ease of creating a site, but the ease of having the website and hosting all rolled into one. Additionally, Wix is in development, which means that updates do come out and solve some issues that may be present. This is encouraging especially coming from the highly customizable but complicated world of Wordpress.

Cons

As much as Wix is joyfully easy to use, there are a few issues with it. The main thing is that it lacks SEO (Search Engine Optimization) even though it has an SEO feature with it. I moved my site from Wordpress to SEO and lost traffic during the first 6 months. I wasn't invisible on Google, but I wasn't ranking as well as I did before. That said, it's still doable. I suggest researching SEO or at least hiring someone who can manage your SEO.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

I chose Wix over Squarespace because I've tested Squarespace and found it limited in its design capability.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

I switched from Wordpress because I was having trouble with my site loading too slowly. My site had a lot of load-heavy features like video backgrounds. I saw a couple sites with the features I like that loaded quickly and once I learned those sites were Wix, I made the switch.

Stephanie from Independent Consultant & Coach

Saving Grace

It is ideal for the person who doesn't have the technical design skills but needs a website with multiple functions to run their business and for someone who does not want to depend on a designer to make spot changes.

Pros

Truth it took me 5 years to use Wix. First I used Square Space, then I used Weebly. Someone recommended Square Space as I was selling jewelry and although I could easily make the website through their templates, I didnt know enough about design to do more complicated things, like set up my Pay Pal and run multiple pages (vlog, e store, sign up). I then switched to Weebly because someone said it was easier and I felt like I was not using what I was paying for Square Space and although Weebly was alot easier, I found it's platform not intuitive, after I hired someone to create a Wordpress for me but again, felt so dependent on them for support. Finally, I went to Wix and many non computer entrepreneur colleagues launched their site and set up their Paypals so quickly. I wish I had listened to a friend who told me 5 years ago to start with Wix.

Cons

Nothing, truth I wish I had time to watch all their tutorials because I know with the drag and drop features it is just a matter of time I can run my own business (e commerce and online education) entirely on my site.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

I switched from Weebly, Squarespace and Wordpress because this was way more simple.

awogor from Techsliet Media

Simple, good and easy to use drag and drop website builder

I have used Wix on 4 different websites and I must say, it's easy, fast and good platform for website design for companies and portfolios. I will always recommend

Pros

You don't probably need to a Pro User in order to make a website with Wix. With Wix's Drag and Drop website builder, you can easily build your personal portfolio website, photographic site, lifestyle, eCommerce store for advance users etc. It's generally appart from WordPress one of those platforms I respect so much when making websites for my clients. They take care of Hosting service and your domain you only pay for their platform and start using it.

Cons

It's not the best place for content management and therefore do not offer total user experience for companies website just like with WordPress, you can post publications in a blog section of your website. The more features you require, the more money you spend.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

I didn't choose over WordPress completely. I still combine both platforms depending on what my clients want and the financial capability, then I choose a platform that best fits their resource availability.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

I switched from Simple Site, I won't say because their platform was not standard, but I will rather say that I was still learning and didn't really understand their platform well.

Zee from The App Solutions

If you need a quick website...

I have used Wix to teach students the basics of the website creation and it was a user-friendly product that my students could easily use right away. The websites they have created in three days time were looking good, so I was happy (and the students too) :)

Pros

I have used Wix to help my students create websites for their class projects. Since they didn't have any previous experience with website creation and we were short on time, Wix was a perfect solution due to its extensive template options. One of the things I have enjoyed the most (along with my students) was the ease of finding a template for their particular businesses (which included hotels, interactive museums, photo studios, fast-food restaurants, and more). The navigation and the creation process is easy enough, so that was also helpful.

Cons

One of the things that we have discovered mid-way through creating our websites was the bilingual issue. The students' computers mostly used the Russian language for the interface, but the websites they needed to create were in English. However, while most of the editable texts could be easily written in English, there were buttons with text (for example, "Register") that we didn't find a way to translate. It's not an issue when your website and your computer use the same language, but when you're working in bilingual (or trilingual) environment, this can cause trouble. (Note: some of the buttons *did* auto-translate when we changed the preferred language of the site in the settings, but not all.)

Reasons for Choosing Wix

I have used WordPress, Google Sites, Blogspot, Xanga, and Wix for websites and blog creation. I usually rely on WordPress for most of the personal tasks. However, for educational purposes with tight deadlines, Wix proved to be a good and simple to learn partner.

Robert from Quiet Calm Records

Ok if you don't need wide ranging functionality.

All in all, I would recommend it if you don't have much knowledge of web design and want to make something quickly.

Pros

Super easy to use and get started with. Probably the best templates in out of all the drag and drop hosting sites. The algorithm that creates sites for you based off of the concept you have is quite powerful and easy to use. The app is incredible and almost has more functionality than the online dashboard.

Cons

I had issues adding a search bar to my online store. Most items like that require you to pay outside app developers to embed their product into your site for a monthly subscription. All of this hikes up the monthly cost of the site. Customer support was lacking - with every query I sent being responded with the line ' we are aware of this issue and are working to fix it'. In my experience, things were never fixed. Halfway through my tenure with the company, they removed aspects of the software (like music listening statistics for my radio show) and never replaced them.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

As mentioned above the marketing was better - they offered me a 50% off deal for the first year.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

All in all, it came down to the fact that Wix had better marketing.

Great Product But Customer Service Needs Major Revamp

My overall experience is that it is great website builder for a basic site. Excellent in fact. You can get a site up in a couple of hours. However, add-ons are very clunky and the technical support is not an option as their agents are not trained or extraordinarily poorly trained.

Pros

What I like most about this software is it's ease of use for high-quality sites. You can set up a one-page site in a couple of hours.

Cons

Once you get past the basics and need something more sophisticated, the add-ons are clunky and they offer little to no guidance with many of the support docs not matching what is on the screen. Further, when I've called tech support they've literally had no idea how to help. On one call, the tech didn't know what a hero was, which was shocking and then when I explained, he didn't know how to remove a video. When I asked about it he insisted that there wasn't a video on the site but then I had to explain to him he had to view the published site and not the site in editor. On another call, the tech couldn't connect me with a screenshare after about 17 minutes on the call. I have not once called and received an answer to my support question. Extremely disappointing for the high quality product they have. I still use it but don't bother with tech support. For someone that needs something beyond a basic site, it is a consideration.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

I chose Wix because it offers better options for business sites than Squarespace and because some of our clients are not tech-savvy enough to use Wordpress.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

I occasionally switch from Squarespace because Wix offers better options for business sites and because some of our clients are not tech-savvy enough to use the Wordpress back-end.

Rebekah from EmbellishMe LLC

Buggy and Lagging

Overall, Wix got the job done, but it has been really buggy for me from the beginning. The Editor wouldnt load unless I put it in an incognito page or turned off all my add blockers. Which is fine, but annoying. Trying to get anyone's help took a lot of effort including screen shot after screen shot of the "problems" and typing in every.single.step. you took to get to where you were. This isn't very helpful when I can not screen shot the fact that adding elements to the page would then mess up everything I had done from the beginning and throw my set up all out of order and just explaining it all was difficult. Help would be better if they could Live Watch your screen with you and assist you a little more. I understand some of the features do require paying more, but I already paid to set up a site, it shouldn't have this many bugs while I am trying to make a simple page and move material from the screen either up or down or what have you.

Pros

I love the ability to pic pre-made set ups instead of starting everything from scratch. This made it really easy to follow the formats and navigate setting up a website quickly. However, I am not sure if this option is what is making it so difficult to edit, but there is a lot that kept messing up or became more difficult to figure out.

Cons

I ended up not even using the Mobile View option for my site. Nothing I had would transfer over properly, even worse, every time I would hide an attribute so I could move borders and add more space, the attributes would be thrown into the page randomly and mess up everything I did to move the pieces around in a specific order. There was no room to really view the page closer, the screens set up for "mobile view" editing was really small. I feel like the empty spaces on the side of the page should be a place for you to move your materials around so that you could clearly see what you were working with the whole time. And that the "hidden attributes" were not just thrown back into the page randomly, that you could actually hold and place the information in manually and it not mess up everything you had previously done.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

I was referred to this website generator from one of my other colleges in my industry, and I honestly wish I would have gone with the other options I was considering.

Jordan from R2C Group

Reliable Website Builder

We predominantly used Wix to spin up web templates for clients. It was always easy to train fellow co-workers on.

Pros

There's a lot of decisions that we have to make in life. If you work in marketing, it's how to spin up a quick landing page with little to no front-end designing skills. Enter Wix, the reliable web template builder. Sure, if you want to curse yourself out for hours straight you can buy a Wordpress template and configure it. If you have a couple of extra bucks in your pocket you can use Square Space and use one of their cookie-cutter templates. I like Wix because it gets the job done without breaking the bank, while giving serval options on spinning up a new website layout.

Cons

I've noticed the support isn't as robust as Square Space, but there's typically very little that I need support on.

Reasons for Choosing Wix

Wordpress gives you unlimited options, but along with a massive amount of free-will comes in-depth expertise needed.

Reasons for Switching to Wix

Price and availability of web templates

Displaying 1 - 50 of 5,753 reviews