• Pros

• "Love the scheduling. I like that it shows where they should be and I can actually put the approximate time they should be there. "

• "Excellent customer service. It's also cool that I can customize my charges."

• "Easy to use, streamlined, keeps everything organized and fast. What really sold me was that I was able to submit estimates directly to my customers before even leaving their home. "

• Cons

• "It's never fun setting up software it wasn't difficult but it was a little bit time consuming. Once everything is set up it pretty much runs itself though. "

• "There is nothing currently that i dislike but MHD, but I would love to see this product communicate better directly with other software that we are using. "

• "Nothing everything its fine, they doing update every day for the best experience. Her payments processor has some conflicts "

Browse mHelpDesk Reviews

April 2015

Shai

April 2015

Exceptional service and software

The software: We are the owners and managers of over 1000 units across Pennsylvania, New jersey and Miami florida. We have been in the business for 17 years now and we are always looking for ways to get better and increase efficiency. I have tried so many maintenance management softwares throughout the years and non of them was able to answer our needs as much as Mhelpdesk. I am now able to monitor multiple maintenance technicians in various locations with so much ease and efficiency. It saves us money and time and most important enables us to service our tenants better and communicate progress and status of their work order with a click of a button. The fact that its is so customizable makes it so easy to arrange the information in a way that you can get a complete view of whats going on in the field in a glance. Customer Service: My first conversation was with Daniel McClain - Account executive - He was great from the get go. He took the time to answer all my questions no matter how small or big, He presented the software with great knowledge and expertise and made the process fun and interesting. When he presented the software to our staff in Florida he literally got a standing ovation. Everyone was so exited for it. Thank you Mr. McClain ;) Once i decided to go ahead with Mhelpdesk i was assigned with a customer success coach (Love the terminology) Meghan Verducci in a nutshell if i could i would hire her to work for our company in a heartbeat. She was very Knowledgeable and pleasant. If she says she will get something done you can count on it. She was honest about what can and can't be done within the software and if she didn't have an answer she would always look for one and get back to me as soon as she could. She even kept in touch when she was on vacation to make sure that my needs are met. Once the Setup was complete she provided me with a power point manual and training videos for my staff Very helpful, i was able to train my staff with easily with zero misunderstandings. Thank you Megahn for everything !!

Pros

Customizable Coloring of the work order type Recurring maintenance Report

Cons

The mobile app needs a serious upgrade! Being able to upload more then one file at a time (picture in particular) bring back the ability to make a contact inactive without having to delete his records. Keeping records is the number one need in real-estate management. There are work arounds but definitely need to be brought back

Julie from Worldwide Energy, Inc.

Great Customer Support

Overall has been great! I went to another company and came back to MHelpDesk cause the other software just didn't work like MHelpDesk - I always get prompt and friendly service which make my job easier as I am always in a hurry.

Pros

It integrates very nicely with my Quickbooks - I also like that it keeps everything streamlined to make my job easier.

Cons

Wish there was an option to "CLOSE" the estimates so they just go away versus having to mark them inactive. Once I invoice the customer I have to mark the estimate inactive or "Sent" in the status field so I can keep it separate from the "active" or "approved" estimates - I used the estimates to keep track of my current jobs.

Reasons for Choosing mHelpDesk

Their program wouldn't track customer sales tax for each job. There were also a few features that couldnt compare to MHD.

Response from mHelpDesk

Replied June 2019

Julie, we're thrilled to hear mHelpDesk is working well for you and helping you manage your business. Thanks for the feedback and suggestion about the estimates - we will pass it along to our Product team. Thanks for being a customer!

Casey from Community Development Corporation of Bentonville/Bella Vista

Property Management user for 5 years

Moved to mHelpdesk from paper work orders. Still using it 5 years later. We don't schedule or invoice jobs, just use the work order function.

Pros

Least clunky work order software we demoed. Easy for service techs to pick up. Good technical support - I think they wrote an update after one of our guys phones stopped displaying the app properly. That was pretty cool.

Cons

Rollout of December '19 update wasn't that smooth. Honestly, most of my complaints are issues that come from being a long-term user and having wrong codes and items from my staff cluttering up the software. Reporting is a little weak.

Mhelpdesk was least complex. Limble was 2nd choice

Leslie from Graceful Gardens

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Worst CRM Of All Time

My experience with MHD has been a headache since day one. Many of the features promised do not work. They try to "trouble shoot" each issue when they arise, but can honestly say they have never actually fixed anything we've had an issue with in the last 10 months we've been using the product. I have not used anything slower since dial up internet. No one at the company can give us a straight answer as to when fixed will be implemented and everyone gives the run around to save themselves. My company speaks with them at least 3 days/wk.

Pros

MHelpDesk has made invoicing easier than what my company used in the past. It also allows all client information to be in one place.

Cons

This is the worst CRM. They have false advertising on their website claiming to be the "fastest, easiest, most powerful field service software." This could not be farther from the truth. Not only is this the SLOWEST software I have ever come into contact with, they also have the worst customer support. No one who works there knows in the ins and outs of the program and they never can give consistent answers. Our company had lost thousands of dollars by implementing this application. It simple DOES NOT WORK in the field. Our company members who use it on devices other than a computer spend HOURS uploading information because the program is so slow. It is an embarrassment to our company when using it in the field and has only been a headache from day one. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT BUY THIS SOFTWARE!

Reasons for Choosing mHelpDesk

Their "integrations" with Google Calendar and Quick Books which never actually worked and the ability to track inventory.

Response from mHelpDesk

Replied August 2019

Leslie, thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We're very sorry to hear of the challenges you had using mHelpDesk, and we'll be taking this feedback directly to our product and customer support team so we can work on doing better in the future. This isn't the experience we want our customers to have with our product. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know.

Luis from United Security Alliance Inc.

Industry: Security and Investigations

Update to previous review after 3 years

Another really pet peeve that I did not have enough space for under Cons: It's ridiculous right from the beginning and for years now, you can't hide or remove former users you deleted from the Staff List. Anyone you add will be there forever, cluttering up your view of the Staff list. It's things like this, while initially we were very much advocates for mHelpDesk and thought it had a lot of potential, our views have changed because it just seems stagnant. That, and given subscription prices have risen a lot more than when we started. We've been able to negotiate lower prices as a long time customer, but if we had to pay today's rates based on what we know now, we would look for something else. And it's ok enough for us to stay, but if they were to raise our rates to current, we'd strongly consider leaving.

Pros

We initially liked this platform because for what we needed it was one of the best values out there at the time. Granted, anything was better than what we had, which came down to mostly notes in a ticket system in our previous CRM.

Cons

Many things have become cons over the years, mostly because we have seen very little improvement from our point of view. It's like development has been minimal at the most. For example, it has some glaringly missing auditing capabilities. A person can assign an Item in a Work Order/Jobs under another person's name, and there is no record of who did it for accountability. The "Items" area is where you add both parts and labor to a ticket, but sometimes you want labor or other general notes that do not print up on a Work Order/Job. However, you can't select which get printed on a WO/Job and which do not, it is all or none. If you sell systems on leases, there is no easy way to track or separate the leases. You can create customer fields for the lease, but if there is more than one lease involved, there's no easy way to do that. We've ended up having to create multiple accounts for the same customer to keep the leases separated, which can cause confusion like which account should should the work order/job be one. There is only a check box for Billable when you add work to a ticket. There's no way to add other options like "Warranty", "Rework" or "Service Plan" plan, for example. You can't add negative quantities to a Job/WO. Meaning while you can add items used in a job, you can't track material you're removing from the site in the same way, such as things you are crediting back or exchanging.

Reasons for Choosing mHelpDesk

At the time it was the best price (not most expensive, not cheapest) for features balance we could find. They sales support was exceptionally accommodating and helpful.

Response from mHelpDesk

Replied July 2019

Luis, thanks for the review. We're continuing to make investments in the user experience so be on the lookout for new functionality this year and into the future. We're glad to hear that our Customer Support team has been helpful and that mHelpDesk has been useful for your business. Thanks for being a customer!

Jamie from Water Heaters Now Inc

Excellent Platform

The demo and set up was great! They did the hard part with our onboarding.

Pros

The customer service is fantastic! There is not usually a wait time to get a person on the line to assist in any way.

Cons

There are report limitations. I have not been able to create a report that will include customer's email addresses.

Reasons for Choosing mHelpDesk

mHelpDesk had superb communication and customer service.

Rita from Gateway Industrial Solutions

Industry: Industrial Automation

mHelpDesk

Always have a great experience when dealing with customer service. I have been helped in a very timely manner with any issues that would pop up.

Pros

I like that it is easy to use and was easy to setup. The flow of the customer account is good.

Cons

I do not like the reporting. It is not the easiest reports to pull and when you do, sometimes does not make sense. However, I have not used the reports enough to say they are unworkable.

Reasons for Choosing mHelpDesk

We used RazorSync for several months until we decided that mHelpDesk was a better fit for our business.

Response from mHelpDesk

Replied July 2019

Rita, thank you for sharing your comments. We're happy to hear that the product is working for your business and that the Customer Support team has been helpful. We'll pass your feedback about the reporting to the product and engineering teams. Thanks for being a customer!

For the small business owner, this is a MUST

It was suggested we try Quickbooks as well, and we did not like how that program interface looked. Too many "bells and whistles" make a program more complicated to use and harder to teach to new users.

Pros

We used to rely solely on PayPal for our "small business needs" but their invoicing system was too complicated and confusing. MHelpdesk makes very eye-pleasing invoices and billing statements, and they are easy to manipulate and add/change information on. There are other nice perks of the program, but the invoicing and billing was our main reason for choosing it and switching from PayPal as a stand-alone.

Cons

The only issue I've come across is that the app is actually more functional and intuitive than the desktop version, but seeing as how most of our transactions are done on an iPhone, the app does suffice and fit our needs.

Reasons for Choosing mHelpDesk

Easier to use, pleasing-looking interface, reliable app

Response from mHelpDesk

Replied October 2019

We're happy to hear that you're having a good experience mHelpDesk's billing and invoicing! If you ever need any help or have any questions our team is here to help! www.mhelpdesk.com/support Thanks for being a customer!

Ellen from George S Patey & Sons, Inc.

Ease of switching

A++. Their customer service team answers and solves issues within minutes ! They definitely know their software and ways to make it fit your needs.

Pros

This software was easy to set up, customization was a snap and it has saved so much time in the organization of each call performed and invoicing. It integrates with Quick Books immediately. No more delay in getting the information at your fingertips.

Cons

I wish there were more reports that could be run and easier to print if necessary

Reasons for Choosing mHelpDesk

This is the best value for the money. We are so glad we switched. They help you with set up from start to finish.

Elainy from E & D Home & Office Cleaning Services

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Business management app

My overall experience was great It managed everything that i needed without me having to leave this platform at any time.

Pros

What I liked about mhelpdesk is that it's an all in one platform first of all, and second it's a very easy way to interact with your clients basically no more using multiple platforms you can schedule, invoice, etc through this one app. Try it out its definitely worth it.

Cons

I did not find any cons on this platform, so I was very pleased using it the time that I did. I am still testing platforms to find the perfect one.

Christopher from Radiology Services Inc.

Industry: Medical Devices

Great Field Service CRM Foundation

Pros

Mhelpdesk Field Service software greatly improved our business workflow by transforming our carbon copy work order system to a fully digital system that helped reduce our turn around time for billing. Recently, I was able to work with a mhelpdesk staff member during the development of the newly designed Equipment page where they were implementing the new features to track when equipment next service due dates are. This was a huge improvement for our business as we track mandatory inspection dates for our customers.. The customer support has always been A+ when it comes to address issues, or questions, especially with the instant chat function from the web app.

Cons

- Mobile App: The mobile app is an area that could see improvement. Some of the workflow using the app when creating a new Service Request can be glitchy and difficult to input all the information. The list of service requests also does not always update correctly and this is something we are currently in the process of working with the support team on. - Inventory: The inventory management section is severely lacking and is not truly useable for our business workflow. With no ability to enter Purchase Orders/Vendor Information/RMA and tracking when inventory is received without manually adjusting the #'s on the price list, it becomes extremely vulnerable to missed information and inaccurate #'s leading us to use an alternative program to track inventory. This has been one of the hardest work around areas for our company as we are always constantly ordering replacement parts for equipment that we do not normally carry in stock. - Price List: Another area regarding the price list for our company is that our labor rates are negotiated individually causing us to have to create a line item on the price list for every single Customer Hourly Rate, Mileage Rate, and Travel Time rate so that our engineers are able to bill customers correctly. It would be much easier if when creating a customer, you were able to designate their hourly rates so that information would automatically apply when engineers are entering their labor times.

Luke from Meschke Construction, Inc.

Overall Pretty Great!

Overall I would recommend this to most people in search of a CRM. There are a lot out there, but I cannot imagine the customer service is as good.

Pros

First, The customer service is Great! Especially the rep who helped me out tremendously. The live chat feature is probably the best in the business in terms of helpful information and response time. Aside from that the software works really well. We are not totally utilizing every feature and it works really well for our company! - The overall layout and ease of use is great - Very easy to create leads - Easy to convert lead to a job - Easy to create job tickets IF you enter the correct information into the ticket on the first try - Easy to schedule - Can even sync it to Google Calendar - The main screen is plain and easy to use - Moving from tab to tab is simple and straight forward - Running reports is easy and great - Items to service might be useful for keeping track of maintenance items on out company fleet - May even be useful if we have a better service tech, if we start doing more service items - We can inventory items as well. - I would like to explore options that you may know of regarding this and tool tracking inventory - The customer service live chat on this CRM is great - The mobile app is great for our guys in the field to use - Straight forward pretty simple - Push notifications work great - Simple and easy to contact customer - Easy to use maps that integrate with the phones maps software - There is are a lot of areas where you can customize the fields of input

Cons

- If you don’t input the information of the ticket correctly the first time, it makes it extremely difficult to change it after. - You cannot look up tickets by their address on the mobile app (At least not easily if there is a way). - When having a recurring lead there is no drop down to select the customer, you have to enter the customers name EXACTLY the same as it was entered the first time

Response from mHelpDesk

Replied June 2019

Luke, thanks for the detailed review! We're very glad to hear that you are taking advantage of so many features of the app. Please let our team know if there is anything else we can do to help. Thank you for your business!

Tim from Tim Healy Services, Inc.

Great if You Have to Make Invoices in the Field

GOOD. mHelpDesk does what I need it to do. It is affordable for a small shop. It's the only software that allowed my, not-so-computer-literal, technicians to create detailed invoices in the field AND HAND IT TO THE CUSTOMER, and record payment. I would recommend it. Most of my frustrations come from having such a very functional software package and my techs have to fill out paper timesheets. All the data needed to create a timesheet exists in the Price List including Items or fields called Labor-Travel, Labor-Tech or Labor-Apprentice. The time they signed in and signed out exists in the items list of the invoice. All we need is a report that can filter this data and voila we have timesheets.

Pros

Support is very good. Works great if you make many invoices in the field, print them and hand them to customers. Must have internet signal. Email Invoice with Payment Button. Customer clicks the button and pays with credit card. Easily convert Estimates to Service Call to Invoice. Customer Info with multiple jobsites easily managable. Great mobile app., fluid, very functional, easy to use. Intuitive desktop platform. Works great with QuickBooks Desktop.

Cons

You will have to pay to retrive YOUR DATA when you leave mHelpDesk. No inventory. Don't let them fool you. You cannot create PO's and have to go to a price list, select and item, delete the quantity, and enter the new quantity everytime you want to add inventory. No inventory history. No Time sheets. Again, don't let them fool you. Technicians can sign in in the morning and sign out in the afternoon and you can print a report. That's it. No phase codes. Cannot label time entries. No way to associate payroll to billable hours/ServiceCalls/Jobs. Custom Reports? Never could create one that was usefull and I have 20 yrs experience in MS Access.

Response from mHelpDesk

Replied January 2019

Tim--thank you so much for this detailed and very helpful feedback! We will share it with the product team so they can explore some of the ideas that you've raised.

Sigrid from Ye Olde Soot Sweepers Ltd.

Reports

- great customer service availability by phone and online chat. - easy scheduling. - mobile app for technicians on the road.

Pros

With the help of the support team I was able to filter out a list of customers that live in a certain region. Our out of town customers are grouped by areas. In order to send those customers a reminder email or reminder cards we need to filter them from mHelp. The report feature is too restricted and didn't help us. Then finally I had someone on the phone that told me to create a new selection under Customers. I selected the cities that are on that route and listed all of them separately. And voila, I had a list of customers that I was able to export to excel.

Cons

I don't like the way the reports are set up. There should be at least one report available that we can select/ search for all the fields that we need included. At the moment the customer custom fields can NOT be selected. Although this is a database that we're working on and theoretically all fields can be searched. I think it is not only us that ran into this problem. I need to be able to select fields that are important to our business to filter out e.g. the customer, their address, email, phone number in a certain region. Another problem that came up from the solution above is that those lists can not be edited and therefore always need to be deleted and re-entered. It would be great if that could be editable. If that function would be editable it would eliminate possible mistakes while re-entering the whole list of e.g. cities that were entered before.

Response from mHelpDesk

Replied April 2018

Hi Sigrid--thank you so much for this review and feedback on our reporting. We're always looking at ways to improve so this is very helpful, and will be shared with our product team. We appreciate it!

Carol from Reflections Window & Pressure washing

5+ year customer

I've found that while they met my expectations at the beginning, they have consistently gotten better over the years. They are responsive to customer requests of new functions. Having this online has allowed me to work from home when needed which was one of the reasons we chose it in the beginning.

Pros

It has all the functions I need to do my job efficiently and they have had some nice updates over the years. Their customer service is great. I've always gotten representatives that are knowledgeable and nice. When I have a problem, I'm able to use the chat function and 99% of the time they get me answers. Even when that doesn't work, they answer my calls and fix the issues. Every customer service rep without exception has been very nice to work with.

Cons

Sometimes they do updates that don't necessarily help with my day to day use of the program. I understand that they are servicing many different industries and needs and I can see the usefulness of the update. It would be nice if they made more of them optional. I have noticed a bit of a slow down in the program responsiveness. It isn't awful, but noticeable. I've done speed tests so I don't think it is my server but I'm not a computer geek so I can't be certain.

Response from mHelpDesk

Replied April 2019

Hi Carol, thank you for being a long-time mHelpDesk customer and for taking the time to share your experience. We're proud of our Customer Success team and we're thrilled to hear you've had good experiences with them over the years. As you mention, we are always finding ways to improve the software, and you should see additional improvements in the coming months. Thank you again for your business.

David from Georgia HVAC

Industry: Facilities Services

mHelpDesk lacks on the support

Dispatching

Pros

It's quite easy to use, did not take long to get the hang of, but I am also very comfortable with computing and software. You would have to be since the documentations they have only go as far as showing you the default way of doing things. If your business does not follow their model exactly you will be customizing yourself for weeks to come. All-in-all though, the software is functional, no down time, and the servers are pretty quick.

Cons

Ugh, there are several things to dislike. First and foremost, is the customer support. You will wait forever for a response, and when you finally get one, its just that, one. Then you have to wait another 30 mins for them to respond to your next sentence again. We are talking the same conversation here and they have 30 mins between replies. If it's my turn, it's my turn, don't leave every reply hanging. Second, they pick and choose what part of the terms & cond. they follow. It says, no refund, at all. Yet I know different because they refunded one month. THis was due to the fact that there software does not sync with quickbooks as advertised and I spent 2 weeks working on that. I had to create a whole new quickbooks, delete every single service from mHelpDesk (over 1200) and then recreate them in Quickbooks and then sync. A VERY LARGE undertaking and they did not help a single bit. They just waited until I was finished and refunded one month. When the software didn't work at first, I asked for a refund because they didn't hold up their end of the agreement, and they flat refused. Breached their own terms and everything, and still refused, and I was still within my trial time. Point is, make certain you want them first, because they will breach their own terms and tell you to get over it.

Response from mHelpDesk

Replied March 2019

David -- thank you for the review. I'm sorry to hear that the Quickbooks sync did not go as smoothly as it should have and that you did not have the best experience with our support team. We pride ourselves on focusing on customer support, so I will pass your feedback to that team to see how we can continue improving our service. If you have any other issues with your account please contact our team and we will be happy to help. Thank you for your business!

Margaret from Elizabethtown Overhead Inc

Industry: Building Materials

Schedules/tracking/invoices/estimates

The customer service team is always ready to help! I have searched and it is my belief for the money - you won't do better than mHelpDesk. It has taken our business to a new level.

Pros

This software has enabled me to eliminate one office person. The techs in the field use the app to complete estimates or invoices and then the program integrates with QuickBooks. This has eliminated paper tickets. I like that we can add pictures to a work order as this can be a vital tool for a job. The techs can also input data if they are out of range with their mobiles, this is not an option with other similar software/apps. Additionally, almost all of our invoices are emailed to the customer and that means that I get paid faster!

Cons

The program - for the cost - is about the best you are going to find. It does have a few issues I would like to see resolved. If a customer clicks approval on an estimate it doesn't trigger a notification and I think it should. I am also paying another company to garner, share and post reviews. I think that mHelpDesk can do this. They have all the customer info - it should be a matter of checking a box. The customer service at mHelpDesk is wonderful. They have always tried to assist me with any questions or to resolve any issues.

Response from mHelpDesk

Replied April 2019

Hi Margaret, we are happy to hear that mHelpDesk is helping you run your business better! Thank you for the suggestion for adding customer reviews -- we are always looking for ways to improve the product. Thank you for being an mHelpDesk customer!

Michael from HealthTech, Inc

mHelpDesk a solid tool for MSPs

mHelpDesk has been a welcomed addition to our operations. In vetting the product it was challenging getting accurate information about how we wished to use the tool. We integrate it with QB and use QB Advanced Inventory for our inventory mgmt. It has been challenging getting the functionality we desire from the inventory module through the mHD UI. Since rolling it out, the core functionality is working well. The enhancements specific to our operations have been less successful. The fact that the mHD team is constantly gathering feedback and augmenting functionality makes me more confident that we will eventually be able to use it as we intended to use it from the onset. The forthcoming API is a big part of this.

Pros

Easy association of work orders with easy to produce estimates & invoicing. Customizations are easily achievable via a user facing settings interface which is quite intuitive. Support has been very responsive to our requests. We may not always get the answers we wish we would get but support is quite robust. mHD is always gathering info from the users and adding functionality. We are greatly anticipating the API.

Cons

No API. the user defined fields are just free text fields. You must export a CSV to use the data. It would be much more helpful if when I enter the mileage from the field techs I could then run a mileage report. The customized report interface is lacking. You cannot query the DB directly.

Olivia from Rob's Window and Glass repair, INC.

Just about the easiest system in the world to use!

I researched quite a few different comparable products and this is by far the best. I have a very small business with a staff that HATES technology and change and they are even capable of using this system.

Pros

It's Crazy Easy to use! You can manage your "people" in one spot. I can see my customers and staff's profile in the click of a button. I can organize my techs work by "Jobs" that connect right to their schedules. The estimates are professional and accurate. I can hide details that I don't want to share with my customers on any "template" I need to. It is very easy to customize your templates. You can search by any piece of info you have (name, phone number, email, address etc.). The reports are extremely easy to run and very detailed. The app Has a functioning offline mode for when there is no service. The app and online version give you the option to see other peoples schedule (if they have permission). The app used google maps so it is always up to date. I can hide confidential info from my techs based on permission. My people can clock in and out right from their phones. It is compatible with quick books. I can easily calculate my markups right from the estimate screen. The customer service is absolutely unbeatable. They are always there during business hours. Everyone I speak with fixes my problems right away no matter if it is in a chat screen or over the phone. Lastly everyone I speak with is clear and concise. I am speaking to people that know what they are doing.

Cons

I wish i could see a real time map view of where my techs are and have been from the online version. They have the option on the app to view a map of where an employee has been that day but I don't think there is a real time map of my people right from the online version. This product is a little expensive for a small business if you have a lot of employees that need to have an account.

Jeremy from Priority Appliances On-line.com LLC

Priority Appliances - Another Happy MHelpDesk Customer !

Overall, the benefits have been great. It allows us to organize our business according to our set-up, rather than shoehorning into someone else's. MHelpDesk has become our bible and effectively helps us run 600 work orders a month to the highest level of customer service we can.

Pros

The software is highly customizeable, and constantly evolving. Our favorite feature is that the programmers always seem to be looking for ways to improve. As a service business, constantly innovating and finding ways to provide a higher level of service to our customers is crucial, so it's it's nice to partner with a company that is always improving themselves. In addition, for the things that MHelpDesk does not (yet) do well, its exporting and reporting features allow us to integrate with other programs seamlessly to mitigate our manual entry. This way we can partner will several systems.

Cons

This is a minor issue. The platform's appearance is a little dated looking, but very functional. It would be nice if there was a way to bulk upload photos, but those are the only complaints we have.

Response from mHelpDesk

Replied May 2019

Jeremy, thanks for the feedback. We're glad to hear that mHelpDesk has been helpful for your business. Please continue to let us know if you have issues or ideas -- we're always improving the platform! Thank you for your business.

Tanya from Tri State Steam Cleaning Services

have used for 4 years now

We were much happier with the original version and while we continue to use the software, I still and looking for a new option to try.

Pros

It is fairly easy to use. We mainly use it to create invoices and work orders that we print and send to customers. The customization of forms was great when they helped us initially set it up.

Cons

We acutally loved this product when we first started using it. We used it on a desktop in the office. We were on the original version until they kicked us off and told us it was not longer available. The do not truly think of the people who have to use it on a desktop at all. The font is so light that I literally get a headache each day trying to read it on my 20inch monitor. I have already enlarged the magnification and then when I try to create new customers or other things, you cannot see the save button on the enlarged screen. We have tried to tell them this, but to no avail. Why would you not think there are people working in offices on desktops and laptops still??? Since they have Home Advisor, Mhelp seems to be the step child and they no longer allow you to make suggestions. I guess they do not care anymore what their customers think.

Roman from Real Estate

Customer support is great....in particular if you can get past the service desk to a develper or accont rep

Really need the business unit capability enhanced a bit, and security levels in the system increased (ie added limited user option)...need a few more of this tye of permision, but by business unit *ie geographic region or department...This enables us to grow as a company and not have to look for an alternative system

Pros

ease of use, desktop and mobile app pretty close....like idea of mobile app being focused on field technician, and desktop app can be used by office admin, etc.. I use it for field work order management, and close off the financial transactions for one account and on another account have finalcial transaction turned on. I use both.. I like idea of having both options. I find the tool easy to use, expandability is smooth as we grow the business...ie just add another account.......No problems with limitations on data, etc... They have a business unit function, which allows me to expand operations to different geogrphical regions and maintain each region as a separate entity.....I do not want the east coast operation to impact on the west coast operation, etc...I can also bill each region with a different logo/business unit, etc

Cons

There have been several times when changes made to system (ie enhancements), however there were bugs and it negatively impacted on my operation. Becomes a big problem when you have several hundered users out in the field and there is a bug or functionlity of the system changes. Need much more notice on functionality changes to help with field change management.

May 2013

Barbara from 2-U Technology, LLC

May 2013

We provide Information Technology Service and Solutions to home and business users. We pride ourselves on the fact that we deliver service and solutions that solve the headaches that Information Technology can cause, efficiently and professionally. Our solutions are totally managed by our support team made up of inside support technicians and field service technology support teams. Working on solutions that are managed and monitored allow our customers to focus on business, not I.T. issues. We have been working with an in-house solution for a few years that couldn't offer an easy to use mobile solution. Service Techs would have to connect to the server remotely and in most cases this took too long and was inefficient. Utilizing an access database, exporting to Excel and QuickBooks was problematic due to the fact that data fields would change from an update, causing us to have to reconfigure more often. This is extremely non-productive. We are 90% done with converting our customers over to the new MHelpDesk solution. This has been a painless migration for us. I am very happy with the ease of use with this solution. The Techs love it too, and say things like "what an improvement, we now have all the customer data at our finger tips while we are at the customer location". The online help and support videos are a big plus. Checking out the Blogs we found helpful information that gave us some ideas on how we could configure MHelpDesk; saving time, trial and error. We called in for technical support twice to get clarification on exporting to QuickBooks and found the MHelpDesk support to be very knowledgeable and straight forward on the explanation of our configuration needs. Over the next month we will start barcoding all of our customers Technology Assets that we are responsible for. Our customers contract with us to manage there I.T. Systems. With the barcoding we will be that much more efficient. LESS ERRORS. Identifying equipment has been a challenge and by barcoding we now have the missing link. The biggest benefit to our company is the fact we can enter customer information and updates remotely. The information is available immediately to the main office and management can take action on services issues. This allows the field service techs to take action at the customer site, and in most cases estimate cost, invoice and bill while at the customer location. It's all about being professional and efficient. We are so pleased to have implemented this solution for our business and look forward to the successes it will bring.

July 2014

Doris from JEO Enterprises, Inc.

July 2014

Great Service Management Software with Excellent Customer Support!

We have been searching for an integrated solution for our service-based business for a long time. Many companies say they can provide what you need, but Mhelpdesk actually delivers! Compared to other software, we have found the product as follows: User-Friendly, Extremely Customizable, Inexpensive upfront and monthly costs & NO CONTRACT, Quickbooks integration, Free weekly interactive training, Excellent Customer Service. Personally, I have never worked with a company, who cares as much about Customer Happiness! We signed up on July 2nd, and I have spoken to my Sales Rep (Mike), Trainer (Lauren), Director (Melanie), Support (Kaylea), Quickbooks Specialist (Felix)... I feel like I know the whole team, already! They take time to listen to your needs, and then help you transform the program. They always make you feel important as they take time to deal with your questions. Lauren has really gone out of her way to quickly answer emails, return my phone calls, find a solution for me, or connect me with the right person. I can't think of any other software company, who has worked as hard to make sure their clients are happy, and working efficiently with their product. They have a contact us tab within the software, where you can submit online service requests. In addition, they have a feature requests tab on that same page, and they take the suggestions very serious. There is an update listed on that screen which shows the status of these suggestions as well, and you can vote on them. I am looking forward to the new mobile app that will be released soon. Outlook/Exchange calendar integration is also around the corner, as well as the Client/Server edition of the software. As the owner of my company, I am involved in each job from the beginning to completion. I not only go out in the field and provide onsite services, I remote into clients, and then I have to review work orders from my technicians before I can send invoices to my customers. I handle all of my accounting data entry on top of the service work. I spend so much time working for my clients on solving their issues, that it takes me forever to go back and bill them. I know that Mhelpdesk is going to change my business by organizing my workflow, which will help with cashflow. I am excited to finish tweaking the system so I can reduce my work hours and have more time to enjoy my personal life! Mhelpdesk is on the leading edge of technology and I am so glad to be along for the ride!

Emily from Divecom Marine

The software is easy to use for any person- whether you are a computer pro or have basic knowledge!

Pros

I love the fact that I can create custom fields for my jobs that will translate over to invoices. I can make custom fields for each type of service I provide. You can also create custom fields for your customer profile. It absolutely amazes me as I never thought I would find a software tailor made for our niche company- a commercial diving firm. With being able to customize everything from customer profiles to job to invoices I can have the exact software and features I need and am able to disable other features I don't need. Also the customer service is seriously stellar- 5 stars! Every person I have spoken with at MHelp Desk has been extremely helpful , informative, and professional. You can call, email, or even live chat with customer support to suit your needs! They also have loads of resources if you are a do it yourself-er. Between watching videos on their youtube channel to utilizing the community forum- I have hardly needed any assistance setting up my account and utilizing it. The import from Quickbooks is seamless and so simple- it makes switching to a new software insanely easy. 10/10 would recommend!!

Cons

The only con i can think of is having to put my appointments in a time slot. I have not looked into this all the way yet as I am still customizing everything. With my business our service calls do not need time slots and the customer are not present for the work so it would be helpful to see all my appointments for the day without them being assigned a specific time. (even this isn't a real big negative for me more of a pet peeve). I bet if I asked them they could figure out how it can be set up like this!

Benjamin from Weiss Brothers, LLC

Quick Response

The support team was very quick to answer & respond. Very knowledgeable.

Pros

How quickly their team responded and how when going to the screen to correct the problem I did not lose contact with the agent helping me and/or our conversation.

Cons

I haven't experienced anything yet to not like about this software. Like any program there's the "getting to know the program stage," and the experience is different for everyone. This is why the customer service department plays an important role. ; But once you get it, the things you can do with Your time that is freed up because of this software.

Response from mHelpDesk

Replied July 2019

Benjamin, we're thrilled to hear that our Customer Support team was able to quickly answer your questions. We work hard to make sure we resolve customer questions and concerns quickly. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to help in the future, and thank you for being an mHelpDesk customer.

March 2015

Tim from Diversified Computer Solutions, Inc.

March 2015

Mhelpdesk has improved our business in a number of ways

Our business had grown to the point where the typical administrative tasks such as work order management and invoicing were becoming cumbersome. Concerns regarding slowing turn around times on invoice creation and the potential for lost or incomplete work orders drove us to begin reviewing electronic based work order management solutions. Early on we reviewed building something custom (time intensive), running something in-house (just one more thing to manage) or finding a web based service such as mHelpdesk. Many of the competitor solutions were comprehensive and included many desired features however most seemed overly complex (requiring a longer learning curve) or were priced to be more expensive. We learned about mHelpdesk through a web search and several listings on software comparison websites. From day one we found mHelpdesk a pleasure. Our sales rep was extremely helpful and patient with us as we evaluated the software and asked MANY technical questions. After signing up we coordinated with several additional mHelpdesk staff as we integrated our QuickBooks accounting into the system and imported in our necessary data. To date we have found mHelpdesk Technical Support to be responsive, typically responding to our emails during the same day, and have always been polite regardless of whether we call in or e-mail our support topic. The mHelpdesk system also allowed us to easily customize many features in the system such as: * Custom work order status categories (ex Closed - Ready To Invoice) * Custom user groups for assigning work orders to more than one person * Custom work order forms for specific tasks such as maintenance or virus cleanup * Custom "Steps to Fix" field for recording just the solution * Custom very detailed equipment forms In short order we were able to expand the work order system to our sales staff as well. This not only allows sales to monitor the status of a work order but also allows our support staff to assign a work order back to sales when there are additional upsell opportunities. Lastly, we appreciate how mHelpdesk provides their customers with an easy way to request new features and to check on the popularity and status of those new feature requests. We look forward to continuing to use mHelpdesk in our business and are excited to see how they will enhance the product with new features in the future.

The best software can be customised

Its great with its feature being able to customize, due to time difference, sometimes hard to get support online.

Pros

1). can be customized easily 2). power keyword quick search feature

Cons

1). can't bring up all jobs and statement at once, have to go through year by year to bring up tickets/job statement. 2). Also, when go to one billing customer, to bring up invoice list, the customer's PO# is not there, but invoice# which is automatically generated by Mhelpdesk and it doesnt match with customer's reference#. if we can put cutsomer's PO# in invoice# instead would be a great help 3). due to time difference, sometimes hard to get support online. and maintenance scheduled is in conflict with our business hours which is New Zealand time 8-5pm Mon-Friday

Response from mHelpDesk

Replied June 2019

We're glad to hear you are taking advantage of mHelpDesk's customization features. Thank you for the suggestions - we will pass them along to our Product team for review. We know the time zone difference can be difficult, but we have plans for extended support hours in the future. Thank you for your business!

Luis from United Security Alliance, Inc.

Industry: Security and Investigations

Best option we found for a Professional Services Automation (PSA) platform.

It does the job we need it to do: a Help Desk for internal and external use and Service management.

Pros

For what it does and the price, it was the best deal we found after having looked at other a dozen alternatives. We hardly use half of what it advertises it can do, but all we needed was a Help Desk and Service Ticket platform for our use as a security systems integrator and MSP provider. Their salesperson was extremely patient and helpful, and hosted multiple webinars for stakeholders who could not all attend at the same time. It's still rough around the edges that we need to tweak, but it's 10 times better than trying to use our CRM to do service tickets like we had been doing.

Cons

The interface has that odd feeling, take-up-the-entire-screen-realestate look that supposedly a websites that have to be "Google search friendly" are forced to contend with. Reporting is weak. Some info on screen like service ticket numbers can't be selected with the mouse for copying and pasting, strangely, and not all information detailed areas are easy to get to. No Salesforce integration, but supposedly that is coming someday soon.

Shawn from Advanced Computer Solutions, Inc

Testimonial for GREAT service management software - Mhelpdesk

I have been in the computer technology business since 1986 and have used a ton of different software programs to run the business. I have wasted over $30,000 with the last two major software programs one was an ERP application that was just so buggy and just took too much time learning and keeping the software up and running I dumped it after using it for 1 year. The latest software program was recommended by several other technology companies as it is a PSA software but it just takes so long to do a single service order and then the process to get it to an invoice and then to the accounting application like QuickBooks was just a joke. (Almost a total of 20 clicks on different buttons and screens for each job). I can now run my business while on the road at customers or remotely at my home office and am much more efficient and professional looking doing away with paper! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!

Pros

-Ease of use. -Customizable -Website service ticket integration -Integration to Quickbooks -Customer support is top notch! -They are very fast to update their software when customers make suggestions! -I learned about Mhelpdesk about a year ago and tried it out and was really impressed but was missing some things for my business as I have a ton of inventory that I stock. Over the past year I have continued to watch them grow and add new features. Even in the past 60 days I have seen a ton of the requests actually put into the software which I have not seen any other software vendor listen to their customers like this. I have only been fully using this software in my business live for the past week but have saved so much time in the processes and procedures along with impressing every one of my clients when I have them sign my iPhone or iPad for the service order or invoice. -I look forward to the new improvements that Mhelpdesk adds every few weeks.

Cons

None *Other than waiting for the new features like POS (Point of Sale) with inventory management or interface to Quickbooks Online!

April 2014

Mike from Protech Computer & Internet Services

April 2014

Mhelpdesk Satisfaction Review

Pros

After ten years of running my computer business using QuickBooks, carbonless paper invoices, and custom PDF documents, I was able to eliminate handwriting everything with Mhelpdesk! Now I handle all my service tickets, scheduling, and invoicing online from my computer, a customer's computer, or tablet. My bookkeeper loves that I can upload all my transactions from Mhelpdesk to Quickbooks. Another plus is that it is very affordable. Transferring all my customers' info from QuickBooks to Mhelpdesk was a breeze. Although I'm a very experienced computer person, I believe this would be easy enough for just about anyone to do. The getting started section is very straightforward. Right out of the box, the forms can be used to run your business. Customizing the forms is very easy and takes little time to do. Uploading your logo to all your forms is also quick and easy. As it turns out, I have both Authorize.net and PayPal to receive payments online from my clients. When I receive a payment online, my Mhelpdesk is updated with all the transaction details. I love it! I really like the online Google Calendar scheduling. I can access it from the field on my iPhone. All instructions are listed in your control panel. If you have a website and want to add the "Schedule Service Call" feature to your site, Mhelpdesk provides the code, and all you have to do is insert it on your page. When someone schedules service online, you receive an email and it goes right into your system as a "New" request.

Cons

The product is excellent; the only downside that I could find so far is that it's not free.

MARK from CURB APPEAL PAINTING

THE BEST

We use MhelpDesk primarily to schedule leads, and then to write estimates in the field. We barely scratch the surface of what this software is capable of. But the biggest advantage to using mHelpDesk is the people. THEY HAVE THE MOST HELPFUL STAFF YOU ARE EVER GOING TO DEAL WITH... PERIOD!!!

Pros

Although we don't use a lot of what mHelp is capable of, we find the software very easy to use while writing estimates out in the field. This is a great program, with great people behind it.

Cons

No negatives... Seriously. It would be nice to be able to hide parent accounts in the price list to clean it up a bit, but this is a very minor issue. It does not detract from the usefulness of the program at all.

Response from mHelpDesk

Replied March 2019

Mark - thank you for the review! We are happy to hear that the product is helping you with scheduling and writing estimates and thrilled to hear that you've had a chance to work with our great staff. Please let us know if we can help you get up-to-speed with any other features. Thank you for your business!

March 2015

Christopher from Radiology Services Inc.

Mhelpdesk was a LIFESAVER

Having never worked in a service management role before, I was nervous to jump right into my company. During my first year, I learned the ways of our day to day business practices in which we utilized a carbon copy paper system to develop our hand written work orders that contained 3 pages; One for the customer, one for billing and one for our records. Though this system was working adequately, I couldn't help but feel as though there was room for improvement in the aspect of efficiency. As it was, The office would receive a service call for a unit, in which that call would be dispatched out to a field engineer. Once on site and the problem was fixed, our engineer would complete a report and then leave a copy with our customer and save the remaining two for our office staff to complete which would be brought into our main office at the end of the work week. When I began the search for different Service Management software options, I continually found that many systems were either too expensive, or had more features than we would ever need to use. When I came across Mhelpdesk, I used the free trial and to be honest, I didn't utilize it to the full extent just because of the amount of information that we needed to input, but something that really stood out was the customer service experience. Anytime I would reach out to the happiness team, or sales teams, they were more than flexible to work with our timelines, and all of our questions. It was then I knew this was the company I wanted to bring to my superiors and really sell to our office team to really work on switching over too. Once we made the decision to begin implementing Mhelpdesk, this task was extremely difficult in the fact that we service an entire region with hundreds of different units. Working with the Customer Success team was a LIFESAVER. Our Success coach was Aubrey, and she was amazing. Extremely patient and always prompt with all of our meetings and phone conferences. She really worked to make our transition as seamless as possible. Still to this day, she has helped answer questions that I have had here and there. We are really looking forward to the new version and new features to come out that I know will really help our organization excel that much more!

William from Sercomp International

Industry: Medical Devices

How does mHD hlep me

In general it does quite well, I prefer to use the web based system from my laptop. But the phone is a big help.

Pros

The ability to see all of the customer data.

Cons

The text messages come from different phone numbers so I get voice readouts of the text messages, if they came from a single number or a few numbers it would be easy to block text to voice on them, but there are so many making it quite difficult. I also tried to search based on locale either I did not know how or it was not possible. Also people tend to dump more than just the address data in the address fields, when you go to map the customer location it will not map due to erroneous data. Need to figure out how to just filter the address data, or squawk when someone tries to add more than just the address.

Response from mHelpDesk

Replied April 2019

Hi William, thank you for the feedback! We're happy to hear that overall your experience with mHelpDesk has been a good one. Thanks for the specific suggestions about the text messages -- we will pass that to our Product team. In the meantime, please let us know if there is anything we can do to help. Thank you for your business!

Becca from HOA Services

Insightful Features & Stellar Customer Service

Again, their customer service, and the way they help us solve problems and customize things to fit our operational model is really invaluable.

Pros

We really like how user-friendly it is, the way things link together, and the auto-processes you can set up. We also like how we could start with the basic functions and slowly set-up and all of the features. This allowed us to switch from our old software quickly, and gave us the time and opportunity for a lot of troubleshooting and customization. We also really like all of the ways you can customize your site. We like how features are developed based on client feedback. Finally, their customer service/tech support is excellent. Our implementation rep is very knowledgeable and figures out great solutions for our needs. The chat support is also excellent. Our problems and requests are solved the day-of every time. Their Customer Service/Support really goes above and beyond every time. If you are wavering between software like we were, mHD's Customer Service really sets them apart.

Cons

The Scheduling module/platform does not have as many options/customization as we need, especially as our number of field techs increases. The Quickbooks syncing can be tricky, a more comprehensive instruction manual for that process would be helpful.

Response from mHelpDesk

Replied March 2019

Thanks Becca! We are glad to hear that you are finding value in the platform and the Customer Support team. Thank you for the feedback on the scheduling portion of the app -- we will pass that along to our Product and Engineering teams. Thank you for your business!

Luis from United Secuirty Alliance, Inc.

A good value for the money

If you are a small business provider that offers services and MSP type services, this is worth a look. This has worked out for us being a small security systems integrator that has a nationwide footprint.

Pros

A good value with some customization ability. The support team was top notch in assisting in getting us setup. It was the best solution to fit our needs out of having looked at over half a dozen name brand competitors, many of which didn't have the useful features mHelpDesk does. General support is also pretty good.

Cons

We were not able to import as many field from the CSV export from our old system as we would have liked. Some custom fields are apparently not searchable. If you have clients that have leases, they currently lack an effective way to track different leases and the equipment on those leases associated with the same customer. But they have been very receptive to this feedback and hopefully will have a solution soon. They advertise a time and attendance timeclock function but I do not see it as very usable yet.

Nick from Walls by Design

February 2013

My first enterprise software - if I can call it that

I looked at a bunch of systems when I decided to move to an online, cloud-based system that would help us run our business more effectively. Spoke with a few of them. I wanted to work with a smaller business that would service us well, and that could grow with us as we grew. I have been very happy to have found MHelpdesk. We run a residential painting company, and have found it tremendously helpful to put all of our information in one place. We are still in the process of moving everything over, but that has been at our own pace. My suggestion to anyone thinking about this to take plunge, take the 30 day trial, but to actually try it. See what it is like to use it for at least 3 weeks. You will not want to go back to the endless spreadsheets. I know their are bigger companies out there in this space, but they will not treat you like these guys.

Pros

Easy to use. Can I just say that our office manager has a little trouble with technology, but she has taken right to this, and loves it. Access. I can access my info anywhere. This weekend I was in the mountain and hopped on my iPad and was able to pull down some needed information. Affordable. At first I didn't like the thought that I was going to pay for each one of our guys that we needed to track, but it really isn't bad, in fact, I feel like it is a great value. Customer service. We have had several one-on-one training sessions with Ryan, and he has been great. Very patient, and always accessible. They are even willing to add functionality as we suggest things. These guys really do want to make a great product. They have a ton of different individual users, and keep striving to add functionality to make the software more user friendly and better. Love that.

Cons

Hmmm...I am waiting for it to be comparable with QuickBooks online, but I know they are working on it. That's all I've got.

Chris from GooseWorks

Industry: Computer Networking

Its great software

It was easy to set up and they will help you with set up. They were always willing to help if needed. They continually look to add features to improve the software. Just be aware this may increase the price you pay.

Pros

I liked the software and used it for years. They made several improvements and added features to it that I didn't personally use. It did what I needed and did it without issue

Cons

I chose to stop using it when they decided to double the price of the software. I felt they value was no longer there for me but it is good software if you have a service business and have appointments to track.

Response from mHelpDesk

Replied May 2019

Chris, thank you for review. We're grateful for your business over the past few years and we're sorry to hear that the value is no longer there for you. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future, and we hope we may have an opportunity to work together again down the line.

Kevin from Brandywine Elevator Company

Good Investment

Overall a positive experience. Our MHD contact did an incredible job meeting our needs during the set up and training phase. She was always quick to respond with an answer and also a short video to help explain actions steps needed to resolve a challenge. We took advantage of our support plan with CSR, and she delivered each time we reached out to her. I highly recommend her, she is extremely knowledgeable of the software and platform, and willing to assist as requested.

Pros

The software meets our dispatching needs as well as capturing all information needed to close out any pending work orders. It automates our service call life cycle process, in turn allows our team and operation to be more efficient and maintain quality as the volume of our calls and request increase. Once you become familiar with the software, it is fairly straightforward and east to utilize. I would recommend investing some time into adjusting the settings properly on the desktop version as well as app to be sure they align with your process goals. After several weeks of making adjustments, we feel it is tailored well to our needs.

Cons

The one feature we would like to see changed is choosing a job name to schedule a work order. Presently, you can only select the parent name of a site. In our field, not all parent names match site names, so it can be a challenge sometimes identifying the correct parent and site name. If you could add by site parent name or specific site location that would be beneficial.

Mark from VIALARM Security and Fire

Our experience has been extremely positive. No other company would go this far for a customer.

We are completely cloud-based, completely mobile, our response time has decreased and profits have increased. We have found a vendor/partner that listens. We truly have an integrated product from end-to-end. Service calls/requests for quotes come in, an excellent work product goes out, seamlessly.

Pros

The field app is very strong and that is a must. The admin provides a true workflow experience. The software is as flexible as it can be, provides true integration to QB, and has cut our entry time in half. Our profits are up and communication is vastly improved. The cloud feature fits our Disaster Response plan. Their customer service is the best I have seen and we have tried many.

Cons

Very little to dislike. They are always improving. I would like to see an inventory module, and Ajax searches would be a real improvement. But overall, they are the "best-in-class".

Response from mHelpDesk

Replied February 2018

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on mHelpDesk Mark! We are so happy to work with you and VIALARM.

Joel from Advanced Quality Plumbing

Works great for invoicing. Scheduling and clock in features need work

Overall we like Mhelpdesk, but it is not a one stop shop at this point. We use T-sheets to compensate for the clocking in issues which is too bad.

Pros

The customization possibilities for creating estimates and invoices are awesome. Being able to create a price list makes invoicing in the field much easier since you can just add a pre-worded/priced line item to the invoice. Collecting payments also is very easy with the option to email the invoice to a customer and they are able to click a link and pay with a credit card.

Cons

The new clock-in feature still has a lot of bugs. We stopped using it because we had so many issues with it and ended up overpaying some employees. Also the GPS tracking feature is very hit and miss. We ended up using T-sheets for clocking in. Scheduling works pretty well, but we have had issues with the app going offline and employees not realizing it and then looking at the wrong schedule.

Michael from AMEX Construction, Inc.

Customer Service

I have been in service industries for more than 40 years as a President and CEO - most of those years building a company from its inception as a small local business into a business generating more than 1 billion dollars in revenues. I must say that I have experienced significant difficulty getting set up on mHelpDesk. It has taken more than a month fraught with frustration. I am still with you 100%+ because of your sales, implementation and support personnel. All of them - ALL OF THEM - have been EXCEPTIONAL. Genuine care, empathy and a sincere desire to help me overcome and work thru a myriad of setup difficulties have been the overriding factors in our finally achieving success with our setup. Britt has led the charge. Without Britt leading with such grace, style and encouragement we would most likely have moved to the new Intuit Field Mgt. software on an Enterprise platform. Britt is determined to lead her customers thru any storm towards successful implementation. Her tenacity and determination coupled with her pleasant demeanor are a tremendous asset for your company. And I cannot say enuf about your tech support team and Stephen, our salesman. Stephen kept us from going to Wintac early on. He is a real professional. I think your staff has paved the way for my company to remain a customer for life. Thanks for hiring such talent.

Pros

Features, versatility, SQL database, reporting, etc.

Cons

A few little things we would like to see are missing.

November 2012

Lee from Core Telecom & Wiring Ltd

November 2012

MHelpdesk Keeps us organized and gets us paid

this application has increased our profitability and the monthly fee is minor in relation to what we save on time filing out paper work and manually processing estimates with excel, work order via paper and billing through an admin staff member. we don't lose work orders, no billing gets missed, no techs forget about the jobs of the day. by far and away the best choice our business has made. I highly recommend the product and endorse it as a must have for any service dispatch company.

Pros

-Android app allows field techs to update, create, edit orders on the site. -work orders/invoices/estimates with signature capture allow us to quote, close and invoice on the spot. -google calendar integration gives us a quick visual, auto updates and is easily accessed - a nice add on feature that we use -QuickBooks imports allow us to quickly import all invoices with a click of a button. cutting way down on administration costs. -ability to track time for techs on projects and materials used keeps our jobs profitable. -tech support either online or via telephone is fast response, accurate and helpful. -constantly improving product and features. routine updates keep program operating smoothly and each update typically increases effeciency

Cons

-have had a few server access issues that where caused by external companies or service providers. These have made the system unavailable for a period of time during the work day. -tech support advised of available work around and updated on status of repairs taking place. -downtime was minor impact and communication during was great. -would be nice add on or option to have app/program operate as standalone on at least one onsite PC in the office during these times.

Geoff from Community Mechanical and Automation LLC

Center of my business records

Pros

Keeps records of work performed, where and their associated invoices all in one place. Easy to search to review work done at a site and prices charged for specific items. For instance, say I'm called to customer A for RTU1. I can quickly check records on what's been done with that unit and stay one step ahead so I'm not repeating work. Work notes can be easily added to the job, more detailed part numbers, prices, etc. can be attached with private notes.

Cons

Screens often load slowly in the browser or get hung up. Sometimes it costs a few extra minutes when you could use them. The templates are difficult to get right, preview is not representative of the actual document it'll create.

Michael from Comtura Networks

March 2015

Mhelpdesk makes my customers happy at a price that makes me happy!

My business partner and I have been using Mhelpdesk in our telecommunications business for about three years now. We had searched for a long time for a product that was easy to manage, affordable, and that enhanced our customer relationships. We tried the "server based" solutions, spending thousands of dollars for a complicated product, which also required us to budget for "maintenance fees" so we could get support when bugs were discovered. Although we tried several solutions, none met our goals for ease of use and low cost of ownership. When we finally discovered Mhelpdesk, we couldn't believe how simple it was to get started. Not only did it provide the features we need for scheduling, assigning, and billing projects, it also integrated closely with our QuickBooks accounting software. We were able to import tons of information and use it to populate our Mhelpdesk account data. As our needs changed, we challenged the folks at Mhelpdesk to solve several problems in workflow within our business by adding features to their product. A prime example of this occurred when we asked Mhelpdesk to provide a way to automatically assign and notify technicians when a service ticket came in for their customer. Within two months Mhelpdesk had refined the added feature, and now ALL Mhelpdesk customers are able to make use of it. Dollars always matter with a small business like ours. With Mhelpdesk, we get the whole solution set, but only have to pay per user. This results in minimum cost for maximum capabilities. Perhaps more important than the dollars is the frequent positive feedback we get from our customers about how easy it is to do business with us (because of the user-friendly branded interface Mhelpdesk provides on our behalf). They like being able to enter a request online quickly, and being able to see past tickets, etc. They see doing business this was as "hassle-free"! Overall, engaging Mhelpdesk has been one of the best business decisions my partner and I have ever made. We highly recommend it!

Scott from Tex Painting, LLC

The entire process from signing up to rolling out has been exceptional- #moneywellspent

Ability to track many different metrics in my business. The ability to manage a paperless service business keeping every document in the cloud.

Pros

Business before mHelpDesk had us lacking in reporting and a general understanding of our numbers. We now have the ability to track our sales, booking rates, marketing dollars and customers in a simple format that anyone on our team can use. If you are considering a new CRM, I recommend Mhelpdesk. I tried rolling out 4 other competitors all of which were too cumbersome, confusing and lacking in functionality. Mhelpdesk has unbelievable support and the system is not complicated- anyone can use this platform with or without computer abilities. We look forward to partnering with Mhelpdesk for years to come.

Cons

Anything which is not part of the system can usually be figured out with a work around or help from the tech team.

Response from mHelpDesk

Replied January 2018

Thank you so much for this review, Scott! We're glad that the reporting and other parts of mHelpDesk has been #moneywellspent for you and your team. :)

GInny from The Lumberjacks Tree Service

mHelpDesk is smart, modern, and adaptable to any sort of service business.

Customer support has been responsive, intelligent, and very helpful. It took a little imagination to see how we could use mHelpDesk, but that process has helped us think more clearly. Because this software was designed to be general - but customizable - from the ground up, I have greater confidence that it is solid. Poor software design leads to poor performance. If you're migrating to a new utility on which your business will be based for the long term, it's important to choose a program that's robust and will not disappoint you down the road.

Pros

Other workflow management programs enforce a pre-defined workflow. The 3 areas of our business each have a different workflow. mHelpDesk lets us handle all 3 the way we choose, with all customers in one database! You can build and name your own reports, rather than having to choose from a long list of those provided and guess which ones you need. Job Types and Statuses are customizable. Custom filters and screen layouts can be saved. Uncluttered, attractive user-interface and friendly ease of use. Teams are distinguished from users (logins); this feature lets us assign jobs in a general way and gives yet another way to view them. We can export Jobs data to spreadsheets for use in other applications (like Google Maps).

Cons

It's currently unable to import Jobs history. Reports do not provide totals. Can't mark part of a Job complete.

Ken from InnoRev Home Solutions

mHelpDesk/HomeAdvisor

The weaknesses we struggled through for the first 2 years really left it on the back burner as far as fully implementing and incorporating it further into our customer contact operations. Resorted to doing a lot of it manually. As a CRM, it was pleasantly functional until they jacked the prices up after the HomeAdvisor affiliation came in full-bore. Home Advisor's shortfalls are a whole other dissertation.

Pros

1. The calendar integration with Google worked well and the appointment processing flow was good enough. 2. Invoicing and job dollar tracking worked OK as well. Quickbooks integration came along too late for us to play with or even consider. 3. The support team is pretty responsive and helpful when available. 4. The automatic linking with HomeAdvisor worked well usually. When it did, sending out text message alerts for new leads was a nice feature.

Cons

1. My biggest issue was communication logging. Although the customer note log was a help, it should log ALL communication with the customer. The fact that their development team couldn't get the log to reflect individual and system-generated emails was a HUGE stumbling block when trying to track customer contact instances. 2. They tried to change our package processing after we were with them for a year. Haggled out a deal, but really soured any aspect of expanding its role with us. 3. Having more than one invoice and/or email template would've been a huge plus. 4. It's integration with HomeAdvisor had its ups and downs. They couldn't seem to get on the same page as far was which HomeAdvisor account to bill for and was problematic when we closed a secondary HA account. 5. The report functionality improved a great deal, but was still not flexible enough to use effectively. That may be my issue and not leveraging the custom report capabilities well enough. It was much better lately, but the export capability was still rather limited.

Response from mHelpDesk

Replied October 2019

Ken, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're glad to hear that overall the scheduling and job tracking features work well, and that the automatic customer texting has been valuable. We're sorry to hear that the communication logging isn't as expansive as you would like -- that's something that we're considering for further development in future updates. We're thrilled to see the 5 stars for Customer Support -- that's always a top priority for us. Please give us a call or send us a chat if we can help with anything. Thanks for being a customer.

Elizabeth from Peterson Technical Services

What a Nightmare

They frequently push super buggy updates. For example, the most recent update made the decision to update all of our customer automatically about the status of their tickets via text without our or their consent. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. we reach out to customer service about things they've broken, it takes the better part of 2-3 hours talking to a service agent before they SOMETIMES acknowledge the problem. More often than not, it's a "feature not a bug". I've had fixes for major issues take more than 6 months to resolve with no updates from customer service. By the time they fixed it, we'd already found another service to track the information, making the fix useless. On top of everything else, we recently received at 37% price increase because they've "added features" (that still don't work). Because of how awful the system is to use, we've decided to create our own Access Database of ticket management because we're supremely confident that it will be more stable and usable. We highly advise other potential customers to find ANY option other than mHelpdesk.

Pros

When we started using mHelpdesk about 4 years ago, it was everything we could possibly want. It's only gone downhill since then.

Cons

mHelpdesk forces universal changes on a user without requiring their permission. The longer we've been with the service the more difficult it has become to use. They've taken useful tools away in favor of new "features". We've lost the ability to sort different categories and there's no way to switch it back. Customer service is a nightmare. Fixes for major issues can sometimes take upwards of six months.

Response from mHelpDesk

Replied April 2019

Elizabeth - thank you for sharing your concerns. We are sorry to hear that mHelpDesk did not meet your expectations. Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

Michele from Hammons Mechanical Inc

mHelpDesk has become an asset to our business!

We are a HVAC service company. Until mHelpDesk we were using paper invoices with our techs. We now have the entire company history at our fingertips. mHelpDesk has helped us become much more organized and has simplified our techs responsibilities as well as our office staff.

Pros

This software is easy to use and to navigate through. I love the ease of looking up all our jobs and customers information. The staff at mHelpDesk are so patient and personable and so helpful, they put customer service at the top of the priority list and that is very important to us. This summer will be two years since we signed on with mHelpDesk and we have no complaints, only compliments!

Cons

I can't say I can really think of anything.

Response from mHelpDesk

Replied March 2019

Thanks Michele! We're happy to hear that the switch to mHelpDesk has been an easy and productive one. Thank you for being a customer!