• Pros

• "This software has so many awesome templates that helped me desing what I wanted to do with my yard. It made layout a snap and was a pleasure to work with."

• "Great software for flow charts and process maps. Used extensively for 3 years under a one time license. "

• "This is the best alternative to Visio I tried. Very easy to pickup and get started with. Very 'light' and fast to work with. "

• Cons

• "the free trial is limited,but it is worth learning the basics of creating document,forms,and lots of projects that you are going."

• "It ran a little slow on my tablet but it worked beatifully on my desktop. "

• "It is really expensive, if your are going to buy it be sure of spend that amount of monet in one software, the best option is use the online version."

Browse SmartDraw Reviews

Rohit from Open access technology india

Great tool for business analyst activities

Pros

Can create your mind maps and complex flowchart of any kind with ease. Using it on office desktop and well integrated with Microsoft office suit. Also compatible with google docs which is very helpful

Cons

So i didn't find anything and i will strongly recommend this for pm and business analyst activities.

Response from SmartDraw

Replied April 2019

Hi Rohit, Thank you for taking the time to write a review, I'm happy to hear SmartDraw worked well for you. If you need anything, please do not hesitate to reach out. US: 800-768-3729 International: +1 858 225 3300 email: support@smartdraw.com -Chris

Gerson from CorpBID

SmartDraw a powerful tool for diagramming, drawing, layout and more.

It is perfect for drawing projects, has a wide range of templates that make it easier for you to work and all the types of diagrams you need (at least it is for my IT area), it has a desktop and online version that allows you to work in any place, it is very useful.

Pros

SmartDraw is a very complete plication for all types of diagrams that you need, has great virtues with respect to Visio that can be considered the number one in the market or at least used, when you need to diagram a project from the basic algorithm to the more complex gantt diagrams , this tool is very useful, it makes you much easier in work (in my experience much easier to use than Visio) the connection between diagrams is simpler, since finishing a diagram makes it much easier to do the following, has a wide range of options and templates that help you in the creation process, contributing to the development of diagrams for systems that you are going to develop, a very useful tool for projects where you need to correctly capture what you want to develop, use it, try it for yourself.

Cons

Its main against is the price, the full version is very expensive although it allows you to enjoy the desktop version and its cost is very high, I think you should download it to compete more in the market. The speed of the online version sometimes fluctuates negatively, it is a mistake that must be corrected.

Diana from Marshall & Associates

Industry: Furniture

Unstable and Quirky - Danger - Lost Work Zone

The only benefit I have received is when I quickly print what I am working on, so that this horribly unstable and unpredictable program will not just lose it and delete even saved work from its memory. When you want to make certain measurements, you will never be able to do so, because it only allows "anchored" points to be measured - not the item or space you wish to measure. It is impossible to scale down their furniture selections/templates because they have it set to scale down the width, when all you want to change is the length. It has been a disappointing waste of time and money.

Pros

I has little to say for Pros: because it is just as easy to draw boxes without having this program. I learned every feature and applied all of the program's features. It is likely that you could get a beginning design to give to someone, as a simple floor plan, if that is what you need. But be sure to print it to preserve your work after each little change.

Cons

Customer service is practically nil and there is no "help" or troubleshooting. If you try to contact them for support, you have to wait and see if they will send you an email the next day - and they usually won't. If you get the email, it does not remotely address the trouble or offer to talk you through it if their "solution" or instruction is not on point. Really disappointing. There is no auto save unless you are working in the Cloud for this program. Further, it constantly just stops and closes itself - and dumps all of your work during that session, even if you have been saving! So, then the hours of work are permanently lost - no kidding, EVEN if you pushed save. If you use it, you must remember to save, save, save - after each little line or inclusion and then print. Then close the program before its instability causes it to just close itself as to the design you are working on. If you don't close it down, you will lose all of your work. Then - get this - when you reopen a file after it has decided to shut down, it says that there is a recovered work file and asks if you want to open it and recover it. If you say "yes" the program shuts down again, over and over and over. It is so unstable that it can't hold up to the tasks it claims to be performing with its features, such as layers, measurements, inserting photos, etc.

Simon from Naikoon

Payment Plan a deterrent

Many of our processes were formalized using Smartdraw, unfortunately we have since moved on.

Pros

Cons

Was only available for Windows at time of last use, since then it has moved to a subscription, web-based platform which is a significant cost considering other better-value or free softwares that can do the same.

Response from SmartDraw

Replied February 2020

Hi Simon, Thank you for the feedback. If it helps, we do still offer SmartDraw for Windows, which is a one time payment with no required ongoing fees in order to use it. That can be found here: https://www.smartdraw.com/buy/ or by visiting smartdraw.com and clicking Buy in the top right. Anything more, please let us know. Thank you, Chris support@smartdraw.com 800-768-3729 +1 858 225 3300

Carl from Tracts for life

smart draw 101

I am able to organize,plan,and create forms,documents for my ministry,and hobby,and it makes it so much easier to do.smart draw is a great starter for anyone that has a hobby.or likes to keep track of activities.

Pros

This software not only helps you draw but has other activities you can plan,organize any kind of project you want to build.I got the free trial and it is great.it is good as a starter for a first timer that desires to create activities for work,school,club,organization.

Cons

Response from SmartDraw

Replied July 2019

Hi Carl, Thank you for the positive review. Good to hear you are getting so much use out of the software. If you need anything from us at all, please let us know. International: +1 858 225 3300 US: 800-768-3729 / 858-225-3300 email: support@smartdraw.com -Chris

Barry from City of Birmingham

Good and Bad

Project management and organization development.

Pros

I liked the price and the easy project management Tool Set.

Cons

Newer version does not allow import of Excel or Text files to build org charts. This is a show stopper for me!

Response from SmartDraw

Replied February 2020

Hi Barry, Thank you for the feedback. The Excel and text file import still exist for org charts. Whether you are using the online or downloaded version of SmartDraw, they are located in the SmartPanel on the left once you have opened an org chart. Hopefully this helps. If you require more, please let us know. Thank you, Chris support@smartdraw.com 858 225 3300

Cesar A from Inversiones SYS

Create simple and complex workflows and diagrams

Pros

The interphase is awesome, and you have no limits using this software you can a simple diagram showing a workflow or you can do a complex net design for established a network in an office building, you can even design plans of houses or do 3D models for engineering processes.

Karen from Del Mar college

A Review of SmartDraw

I have had only positive experiences with the use of Smart Draw

Pros

Smart Draw is relatively easy to use. It has all the various kinds of charts and graphs on its website you can imagine.

Cons

Smart Draw does not have any negative features. I used it to teach Quality Improvement concepts. It was great!

Response from SmartDraw

Replied February 2020

Hi Karen, Thank you for the positive review. Glad to hear SmartDraw is working well for you. If we can help in any way, please let us know. We offer free phone and email support should anything be needed. Thank you, Chris support@smartdraw.com 858-225-3300

SmartPurchase

SmartDraw helps visualize complex concepts in an accessible way.

Pros

Powerful but easy to use platform with numerous applications across industries.

Cons

Complexity - which is a factor of how robust the software is, so it’s not really a criticism.

Response from SmartDraw

Replied February 2020

Thank you very much for the positive words. If we can help in any way, please do reach out to us. We do not charge for phone or email support. Thank you, Chris support@smartdraw.com 858-225-3300

Offers Easy to Use Templates with Professional Looking Results

This is a program that allows the easy and quick development of charts and graphs that can be incorporated into our client proposals.

Pros

The software offers a great assortment of templates, including charts and graphs, that I quickly develop and use for client proposals. The results are always sharp and professional looking.

Cons

The only drawback is that the software works with my Windows Desktop computer but I can not use the software on my Mac.

Response from SmartDraw

Replied December 2019

Hello, Thank you for the positive feedback. If it helps, we do offer an online version of SmartDraw that can be accessed from your Mac. If you log in to the downloaded version and the online version using the same email address, you can share and work on drawings between the two. Purchasing a Windows download includes one year of free access to the online version. Please let us know if we can help in any way. -Chris US: 800-768-3729 or 858-225-3300 International: +1 858 225 3300 email: support@smartdraw.com

Great platform for simple submittal drawings.

If you are trying to do small professional projects, or simply create a blueprint of you home, SmartDraw's ease of use and robust set of options make it the smart choice over competitors.

Pros

Where this software really shines for our business is its ease of use for submittal drawings when bidding and creating contracts for jobs. It allows us to empower our salesmen to create their own submittals without the expense or training needed for some of the more "professional" suites. This means for smaller projects we do not need to tie up our senior estimators, leaving their time free and better spent with CAD. What this means is that for job cost, we are able to use lower wage employees to perform simpler tasks and not eat into the margins of a job from utilizing higher paid engineers.

Cons

It can be a bit finicky in trying to get it to do exactly what you want it to do. Its ease of use sometimes means that you are fighting those very elements that make it easy to make it do what you want it to do. Snap to grids and the like, while toggle-able, provide an annoyance when they should "just work".

Nicky from Entrance Design

Basic floor plans but easy to use

I've used other floor planners and this one is definitely the easiest to use at a great price.

Pros

It's very easy to draw up a basic house floor plan.

Cons

Limited symbol options specific to interior design. If you use too many JPEG images within the file the system struggles to convert to PDF. (which isn't the case with my other design software). Often glitches when opening files and/or is very slow to open existing documents.

Response from SmartDraw

Replied June 2019

Hi Nicky, Thank you for the positive review and for the feedback. I'll pass the review along to our development team, so we can take a look at the PDF export and file opening issues you mentioned. If you reply back to me, or contact our support using the below info, we can further investigate and help. If there is any other way we can be of assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. International: +1 858 225 3300 US: 800-768-3729 email: support@smartdraw.com -Chris

Tania Tamara from UDONE

I love doing flow charts, timelines, mind maps, decision trees and other visual presentations.

Pros

With SmartDraw, I can create visual documents in an easy way, in addition to streamline the work, smartDraw has templates that come with a library of shapes and symbols, which I can use with just drag them to the worksheet. I can add textures and photos to further improve the document.

Cons

-Consume abundant resources, and its installation is so slow that it becomes tedious waiting until fully charged.

Gulshan from OATI

Powerful tool for designing software

Over-all experience as per my requirements is good and doing my work done easily and fast.

Pros

Very easy to draw flowcharts. Easily import and export visio. Available at cheap price and can easily replace visio i believe which is much costlier. One can use its rich library of colours. Templates help alot to quickly built mocks.

Cons

When I used i didn't find multiple user facility.

Teresita from TCS & Partners, LLC dba The Corner Q Restaurant

Industry: Restaurants

First time I used to submit a drawing for my business and it took me no time to complete my drawing.

It saved me a lot of money by not hiring an architect to draw the set up of my restaurant which was one of the first steps to get an approval.

Pros

Easy to navigate and ease of use. It took me a few clicks and I was able to find all kinds of things I needed to work on my projects. One of the requirements for my business was to submit a blueprint and I was told I need an Architect for that but I was also told that if I can draw and provide details in my drawings, it will be accepted so I purchased SmartDraw although I have no knowledge how to use it. It was easy...really.

Cons

It didn't have some of the drawings I needed so I have to improvise. This took me a little time come up with the desired drawing of object I needed; but it still worked.

Oscar from Spectranet Limited

Great for new users to computer aided designs.

Pros

I tried Smartdraw for the first time in 2016 and I was impressed by the ease of use ; I understood the major workings around this program in a matter of days.I have used Smart draw for Gantt style charting , simple drawings ,including floor drawings when I moved to my new home a while back. Smartdraw provides users with a variety of modules ,making it a program which can be leveraged by different professionals in different career fields.

Cons

Smartdraw doesn't allow for remote collaboration like what I have come to expect from months of recently embracing Lucidchart. I have also found out that when creating Gantt charts with this program , I am limited in the number of coloumns I am allowed to use.

Wojciech from Explorer-Consulting

I use SmartDraw to prepare visual documents in management area

communication support and good way to share knowledge with others

Pros

SmartDraw has tons of images to support visual documentation. It's great way to share knowledge with others using this solution. I use SmartDraw to create: process maps, easy mindmaps, data flows and creative mix of ideas. Sometimes there is good opportunity to export document as image file and put to MS Excel and add contextual values to present bigger picture of business in easy to understand way (complex but easy to see relations).

Cons

I'd like to see more options in mindmapping area, to be able to manage task information in advanced way.

Arcadio from UDONE

It is the special program for the realization of flow diagrams, with a large number of cliparts

Pros

SmartDraw comes with many types of templates that include flow charts, bar graphs and charts. If you do not find a template that you like, you can create a customized template that suits your project, Photos, and images. Add photos and images to the document with the import to lump sum, copy and paste the commands. You can also import images and photos from your digital camera, and then manipulate them inside SmartDraw until you have the effect you want. Each template comes with a library of shapes and symbols, to use these shapes and symbols, simply drag them to your worksheet and place them where you want. You can add textures and photos to further improve the document. It works well with programs such as Microsoft Office, Visio, Microsoft Project, SharePoint, and PowerPoint. And so you can export the mind map to any of these programs to be able to share. You can export the file with just one click of your mouse. The following graphics formats available to you: JPEG, PNG, BMP, TIFF, and GIF. Export the file to the web or send it anywhere in the world

Cons

It consumes abundant resources if your machine is slow it can become tedious to work, besides its installation is slow

Rickell from PAJ

SmartDraw makes it easier than any other app to quickly create professional-quality diagrams.

Pros

Helpful Smart Panel feature. Good integration options. It is very Easy to use. It has a desktop and online version that allows you to work in any place, it is very useful. Smart Draw is a very complete application for all types of diagrams that you need.

Cons

Weak collaboration features. It is very expensive you asked me. The speed of the online version sometimes fluctuates negatively.

christopher from Curb Appeal Lawn Care LLC

Ease of use as a trial

Product was pretty good to use as a beginner. Not over stuffed with functions. But those functions you may want

Pros

Program was a little easier to use then some other programs. Wasnt overly difficult

Cons

Not as good features that other programs offer. expecially if your a advance person in design

Response from SmartDraw

Replied December 2019

Hello Christopher, Thank you for the positive feedback. We are constantly adding new features to SmartDraw and love to hear new suggestions. If there is a feature you would like to see, please let us know and we can add it to the software. -Chris US: 800-768-3729 or 858-225-3300 International: +1 858 225 3300 email: support@smartdraw.com

Steve from EnerSys

Smartdraw is a truly fantastic product

Pros

There are lots of templates to start with, which makes it a lot easier to get started with this software. I like the integration with popular tools such as Trello and Jira. I also like the easy export to PDF. It's a great feature I use a lot.

Cons

There's definitely a learning curve before one can confidently use this software. I often find that zooming in doesn't work as smoothly as I'd expect.

Joely from Bardenay Restaurants & Distilleries

Smart draw is very user friendly, i am able to show others how to do the basics really easily.

Pros

Ease of manipulation of floor plans, handy clip arts. User friendly, can move groups of objects together. 3D modeling is something we rarely use, but it was easy to learn to do.

Cons

I don't care for the cloud based option and it seems like this is what it is migrating to. I prefer to save copies to my hard drive. I was unable to open previous files unless I upgraded software as well. That isn't right.

December 2011

Anne

December 2011

Love the mind mapping feature!

I've been using SmartDraw for about two months as a tool to help manage my projects. What I love about SmartDraw is the Mind Mapping feature, which allows me to create tasks in a visually friendly way that mimics brainstorming. It's been very helpful to me when starting out a project. I also really like the way we can add owners to each task in the same view. And the best part is, the information will get transferred to a Gantt chart or a timeline with the click of a button. Once you've filled in the details, you can push the information to a powerpoint slide to share with key stakeholders, again, with just a click of a button. There are many more features within SmartDraw that I am intrigued about but haven't had the opportunity to explore yet. I plan on playing with SmartDraw more once my current projects slow down.

Pros

Well organized and very easy to move data to other Microsoft Office applications (including Microsoft Project) or Adobe .pdf. There are also some great graphics and geographic maps in the library for use with presentations, flyers, floorplans, etc.

Cons

In the Gantt chart, there is a limited number of columns that can be used.

Renea from Solid Solutions Today

So Glad I Discovered Smart Draw!

The ability to create powerful, moving charts and mind maps.

Pros

My absolute favorite thing about SmartDraw is the simple drag and drop to build out anything from mind maps to flowcharts and more. An especially good investment for anyone needing to make their ideas clear and points understood in a powerful way.

Cons

The design of the dashboard could be better. It is a bit boring for all that it does. The layout would be better if I had the whole screen and the options to drag and drop were at the top.

Glenn from Construction

Worst program I have ever bought!

Tried to draw floor plan for a house we are building, took FOREVER to get a plan together. Don't waste your money, I should have asked for a refund.

Pros

Relatively inexpensive, somewhat easy use

Cons

Lost count...tried using SmartDraw to create a floor plan for a house we are building and so far have a list of about 2-3 dozen issues and it keeps growing. I have encountered each issue multiple times on different computers with different operating systems so I know it is the program. Issues range from minor issues like I try to expand walls or measure lines with a click and drag of a mouse and the wall or measure lines jumps from 3 foot in length to 45 foot in length or longer or I try to copy and paste a door and a wall gets pasted to major and the most frustrating issues like locking up every 10 - 15 minutes or after a I save a file then reopen it later, doors and windows have moved, room measure lines in some places have moved (even locking objects does not fix this). They sent me an updated version, but it did not help. Then they wanted me to disable user account controls even though it could cause security issues because they know it creates a lot of false positives, nice.

Thamara from EIT

Tool for Draw Diagrams !

Powerful flowchart maker!

Pros

*Templates for diagrams. *Simple to use. *Can use for small to large projects. *Multiple type export facility. *Easier than Visio.

Cons

*Not features as Visio. *Bit expensive price for a tool. *Not able to multi-users collaboration.

David from TCS Healthcare

Not a Replacement for Visio/Project

Not many, we tried hard to use it for our intended purposes for 6-12 months. Then we gave up. Now we use it infrequently when we need to create a simple visual. The mind mapping tool is ok - but free tools online are just as good if not better.

Pros

This product ships with a lot of prebuilt content, templates that can let you create quick and easy diagrams, visuals, etc for presentations.

Cons

We bought this thinking it might be a lower cost replacement for Visio and that we'd be able to use the Project Planning template for our PM needs. Neither turned out to be true. This tool will give you a good variety of templates, but if you want to move something manually... forget it. Don't like how the basic flowchart looks or need to make room for a 3rd branch? You'll go back to Visio after a month. Project plans look create, but when you need to update 1 date good luck. ugh. This had a lot of potential but it just isn't flexible enough for real use cases in our experience.

Simeon from Nicholas Vanburgh Ltd

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Can't change thickness of walls

Five minutes of trial version. I realised after that short amount of time that it wasn't good enough.

Pros

Simple to use, I guess. You can get started straight away adding walls and dimensions.

Cons

It is utterly useless if you actually want anything precise. I'm an architectural designer, and the most basic thing I need to be able to do, even if I'm just measuring up an existing building, is change the thickness of the walls, but this doesn't seem to be possible! Without even this basic feature, it's just an utterly useless piece of software to me. After seeing this software, though, I realise why many estate agent's floorplans are so poor. If they use software like this, there just isn't the amount of flexibility within the software even to draw a normal house, let alone anything which is complex or has a variety of unique features. I think SmartDraw really need to up their game, and in doing so, could enhance the quality of estate agents floorplans for everyone!

Response from SmartDraw

Replied April 2019

Hi Simeon, Sorry your trial of SmartDraw did not go as you had hoped. You can change the thickness of the walls by choosing Line (between Fill and Effects) under the Home tab and then More from the dropdown menu if you want to specify an exact thickness. I'll see if we can add that same option in the right click menu as well for ease of location. Should you need more, we offer live US based phone support: 800-768-3729 (+1 858-225-3300 for callers outside of the US), or via email: support@smartdraw.com. -Chris

Natasha from Comisión Nacional de Telecomunicaciones (CONATEL)

The perfect solution for diagramming work processes

The diagramming is excellent for getting the information to others, helps to understand and document ideas, with this software the experience is unique, we have presented ideas of work, organization in diagrams and diagrams that have allowed us to understand, visualize the flow of information circulating in our area and the importance of each step we take from beginning to end

Pros

Create your diagrams and document the processes step by step of your workflow, ideal for planning strategies, powerful and easy to use, contains many templates to choose from to make your visual presentations.

Cons

The price can be a problem, since it is really expensive

Professional 2D Floor Plans at affordable price

Imported 2D flow into network management system.

Pros

2D Floor feature . I used to implement software monitoring solution at customer site. Very often I have been asked to insert as background of the network map the floor plan of the building to easily determine the physical location of the network devices.

Cons

At time I used it there was not SmartDraw Cloud now available. This is perfect for small/individual business.

Laron from University of the West Indies

A smart way to draw diagrams

Pros

I used SmartDraw a lot for school assignments, and it really came in handy. I like that it has lots of built in contents and templates and that it is easy to use. You can use SmartDraw to make flowcharts, network diagrams, organizational charts, software design plans, and so much more. One even can share diagrams with others using just a link.

Cons

I like SmartDraw. A minor con if I must say one, is that moving and manipulating bubbles can be quite challenging at times. Or, maybe it's my computer.

Juan from Sigo SA

Perfect for my flow chart and flowchart designs

Pros

Easy to use. It has a great variety of modes of modeling adapting to any type of objective that we want to define or design. Concept maps can be made. You can create all kinds of graphics that you can then use in your presentations by exporting to PowerPoint. It has 70 types of visualizations / diagrams, and examples and templates for almost all.

Cons

It can be tested without limit for a while, and then its use requires an individual license, although the cost is relatively low.

Simon from Quickview

Industry: Photography

Good when it doesn't crash

Cannot recommend to others due to the continual crashing. When it works it does a good job. Customer support were good when I contacted them several times in the first year. They gave me a program to remove the software and a link to re-install each time, sometimes worked well for a few times but then the crashing started again. Interested to hear others still experience the same problem with the latest version.

Pros

Good when it works, good symbol library, versatile

Cons

Have the desktop version for drawing floor plans only and have persevered with it for 2 years (version 2017). It regularly crashes on me as others have detailed. If it crashes once you may as well start again as it will crash continually after that. For the price I paid I was hoping for much better and feel ripped off.

Steven from Cru

Quickly update drawings, org charts and floor plans to keep your team moving!

Very easy interface to work with, and that helped me quickly set out the office layout for our 100 person team and modify as people's requirements changed through the process.

Pros

I've used this for years to plan out the cubicle layout of our office, the details and features make it very easy to visualize and help people determine the best fits. Once you get the general structure it's really easy to keep things up to date.

Cons

A little bit of learning curve and the huge variety of detailed images available is a little hard to navigate.

Teddy from Inversiones SYS

The perfect software for edit and modify with vector tools

Pros

This is the best software if you want and need to edit segment of a picture or image, because is pretty easy to use, the tools are very friendly and you can even work a pixel level with the maximum zoom and the results are awesome.

Cons

It is a very heavy software and demands many resources of your computer you need a very high speed ram memory and a good video card to get the most of this software.

Tammy from Blue Dolphin Screenprint & Emb

Can easily create organizational charts

Create Organizational charts, for the most part, with ease.

Pros

I love that I can set up an organizational chart fairly easily and make it as large as I'd like to.

Cons

Wish there were more printing options for a large chart. Though it's fairly user friendly, it also has some challenges. I wish it was a little easier.

Janelle from Clienthub

Great for Creating Sitemaps and Workflows

Smartdraw has made it easy for me to map out a future website and landing pages. Will use it again and again.

Pros

Intuitive for the most part. No training necessary. Easy to move section around to redirect workflow. Can insert photos and hyperlinks and tables, change colors and the shape of boxes.

Cons

Couldn't figure out how to take an existing workflow and flip it from a vertical format to a horizontal format. Free version was worthless.

Response from SmartDraw

Replied February 2020

Hi Janelle, Thank you for the positive feedback. Glad to hear you were able to get started quickly and easily. Unfortunately, we do not have a feature as of now to flip a workflow from horizontal to vertical, but I will pass that feedback along to our development team. Anything more, please let us know. Thank you, Chris support@smartdraw.com 800-768-3729 +1 858 225 3300

Harold from university of Puerto Rico

A wonderful software to generate a Process Flow Diagram and others things

great software

Pros

Very well to make Process Flow Diagram which is very important in any industry to manage process and design data.

Cons

Sometimes dows not work very well. You cannot open files between different version, in others words if you make any work at x-version after you cannot open the same file in another version which is a bad aspect because must be compatible between version.

Carolyn from Hospitality

Used the free trial to test operational issues on a restaurant design

Helped us really iron out potential design errors

Pros

Like the options of adding doors, windows, and extra walls and not just a square box to work with. My floor plan highlighted some operational challenges which we possibly would not have identified if we had not really laid the furnishings and equipment out to scale. It resulted in us changing the architect and planning a whole new design to incorporate the services and image we envisage.

Cons

A bit fiddly in getting the scaling right but once that was sorted, it was easy to finish the plan and adjust as needed.

SmartDraw helped us to remap our warehouse getting a product out much quicker

Pros

We used SmartDraw to reorganize our warehouse. It was quick to drop in wall dimensions, racking, conveyor belts and obstructions like support beams. Everything is pre-rendered and you input the dimensions of your equipment to customize it. It also allows for colors to be added to help in identifying different racking styles or belt types.

Cons

We use the web-version and for the size of our warehouse it can slow the system down and make it difficult for making a quick adjustment to be made. Something simple like moving a row of racking can take several minutes instead of seconds. I used the trial PC version and did not have these issues, so it appears to be a web-only issue.

Betzabe from GENEUNS

SmartDraw is a software with potential and it's amazing the plenty of things you can make with this

I take a very good experience with this software, design electric diagrams was very easy with it.

Pros

-The customer support is very efficient -Is user-friendly -It has a lot of functionalities -You can learn how to use it quickly

Cons

-In comparison with others software, this has several disadvantages, especially in terms of esthetic and number of items

Mercedes from SIgo SA

When I want to work with flowcharts and creating graphics, this is the best app!!

Pros

It is an unbeatable visual processor that uses complex algorithms to generate various types of graphics. This allows you to create flowcharts, other diagrams, calendars, flowcharts, family trees, architectural plans, maps and other types of graphics to make presentations. It has many templates needed to create items quickly. It also provides export options to other productivity applications including Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel.

Cons

Having a computer with enough processing capacity and memory so that it does not become slow to work in this application because it requires a lot of resources.

Gabriela Del valle from UENSA

This simple tool allows to design powerful diagrams of any nature.

Pros

It offers a user-friendly interface which contains a categorization of diagrams that can be made from this tool. It is as easy as selecting the type of diagram and beginning to build it by embedding the elements or forms that make it up.

Cons

Try to install it and it was very slow download and installation, which I think may also be caused by the quality of Internet service and the potential of the computer you are using.

Stephany from Freelancer

It gives us the ease of choosing when creating powerful and flexible diagrams that have so many tool

Pros

We help to create diagrams and the color of the sea, the technicians and the professional results. And so you can create immediate maps.

Cons

You can prove the fault for seven days, from then on its use requires an individual license. there are things to improve

James from CHOICE FUTURE PLANNING

Strong tool for creating charts graphs and diagrams

Pros

Strong diagramming tool available as a windows downloadable program or as a cloud based service- really useful smart panel feature and good selection of templates and presets.

Cons

Could have benefited from exporting in Visio format and not as competitively priced as some other options

Denise from VAMC

Difficult for an novice to use

SmartDraw was difficult for me to use and I finally gave up the bathroom design I was working on. I will try another design program.

Pros

I really didn't like the program and found it difficult to use. As a novice, I could not design a bathroom with this program. It may not be a bad program, it was just difficult for me.

Cons

Difficult to understand and use. After an hour I was defeated in my design and just gave up. Not for a novice designer.

Marc from ISD ( Integrative Solutions Delivery Consulting)

Great alternative to Visio

Quickly created working flow charts and diagrams for presentations

Pros

Streamlined usability Intuitive tool makes producing various diagrams and flowcharts much more Efficient

Cons

Importing tools are limited often requiring creation of docs from scratch

John M. from PeProSo, LLC

A great alternative to MS Visio and other "flowchart apps"

Pros

I have used this product with several customers migrating from the old ISO9000:2008 to the process approach in the new ISO9000:2015.

Cons

Awkward use of cloud storage versus desktop storage. File folders are not obvious in the new version.

Christa from Hastings Mutual Insurance

SmartDraw Review

Overall, it does everything you need it to do and it is easy to use.

Pros

My company asked me to try the software as an alternative to Viso. It's simple to use and easy to export files. It has a lot functionality. I like the ability to create everything from mindmaps to flowcharts. You can customize the color and input dimensions if needed as well.

Cons

It does seem to slow down my laptop when I'm using it. I don't know if this is the software itself or if this is a result of older technology but it does consume a lot of resources.

Judy from Judy Kerr Group

Great program to help me offer the unexpected services.

I use SmartDraw to prepare various flowcharts for my training sessions; check lists for processes; use for experiments of room flow for work space placement.

Pros

Easy to use, well documented help tutorial.

Cons

I would like a print preview screen. .