All ConstructionOnline Reviews

Rean

Reviewed October 2017

This is the best new "toy" I've had in years. I feel like a kid in a candy store!

Saves time. Makes it easy to find stuff. Helps you stay organized. Keeps subs, vendors, owners, architects, vendors all on the same page.

PROS

I am a new user of this kind of software. A few months ago I did not even know that something like this existed. It has opened a whole new world for me and I am blown away by what this software can do. We demo'ed a few competing products before making a choice and it was the wide range of features at the most competitive price that sold us on ConstructionOnline. I especially like the messaging feature which is basically an email system dedicated to one specific project.

CONS

There is nothing I really dislike about ConstructionOnline, there are just some features I do not use as they do not meet my needs as a commercial general contractor. For example, I do not use Estimating and Change Orders as they seem to be less robust than some of the other software products. These features seem to be geared more towards the residential market. However, I realize it is hard to be everything for everyone. A feature, I think, that would be nice would be the ability to sign documents electronically. Maybe one can do it through Redline; if so, I have not been able to figure it out yet. As a general contractor one has to collect submittal packages from vendors and subcontractors, review them, and then attach a separate sheet to the package, that contains your stamp of approval/comments/signature on it, before you forward the submittal package on to the architect/engineer for review. On this submittal sheet there is space for the different reviewers to add their stamps as well. It would be nice if ConstructionOnline could generate this submittal sheet that you can attach to submittal packages sent to you. Currently, I generate the submittal sheet in another project management program, print it, place my stamp on it, sign it, scan it back into my computer, upload it to a pdf editor, add it to the submittal package file, and then upload the combined file to ConstructionOnline. It would be nice if you could do it all in ConstructionOnline.

Nick

Reviewed January 2024

6 months in and starting to love it

It was intuitive to set up but also very labor intensive. Took me about eight weeks of 60 hour days to get the basics up and running.

PROS

Selections Easy to use Similar enough to others that users can learn it very quickly. Scheduling looks like it’s going to work very well. Would like to see scheduling by the hour not just by the day.

CONS

Payroll doesn’t import as they don’t link to Quickbooks online Doesn’t track subcontractor insurance policies Doesn’t provide lien waivers so we have to use a third system to get that No bid management system for gathering subcontractor bids, selecting and awarding subcontracts. It’s all very manual and thus very prone to error.

Reason for choosing ConstructionOnline

Sage has destoyed Timberline Co-Construct was bought by BuilderTrend ProCore doesn’t fit residential Quickbooks doesn’t do project management Project and Primavera don’t integrate financial information in the decision making process.

Reasons for switching to ConstructionOnline

BuildXAct worked great for estimating but as soon as we tried to use it for project management it fell flat on its face.

Markielah

CO Review, 10/10

PROS

The thing I appreciate the most about the software is how innovative and easy it is. Everything is straightforward, you have all of the things you could ever need from the preliminary phase of a project to the punch list when you’re almost at the completion of a project. Another key element is the option to produce an itemized list of materials directly from your material take off, which I have not seen before in any software and I’ve looked at plenty!

CONS

I don’t particularly dislike anything about the software. The only things that really comes to mind is the pricing and even with that, the elements you’re paying for is absolutely with it! So yes, they can be a tad bit pricey but it all pays off in the long run.

Steve

Reviewed August 2021

Almost, but missed the mark

Customer service is very helpful for the product they have. Unfortunately they miss on some pretty basis stuff. We have been told for over a year that development team is working on some of the basic fixes and still nothing changes.

PROS

Estimation portion is good. Job costing is fair.

CONS

It does not have the ability to provide clients with add/alternate pricing. Seems like a very basic feature that most construction companies are asked to provide. This one slipped by us through all the demo's and we have been frustrated for over a year with this. Have to manually do work arounds. Also we are a commercial construction company that does about 300 jobs a year. The software does not even have the ability to assign each project a job #. With as many jobs going on, we have to be able to cost every purchase and we do that using job #'s and PO#'s. We are manually assigning each job a number. These are just two of the larger misses on this software.

Reason for choosing ConstructionOnline

Procore was overkill for the size projects we were doing and we had been happy with Construction Suite. Learning curve to switch to CO was easier as alot of the estimating had similar look and feel to what we had been using.

Reasons for switching to ConstructionOnline

They were stopping updates to Construction Suite and making it cost prohibitive. Thus trying to move all their clients to Construction Online. We were told that most all the features were available in CO that we had in Construction Suite. By the way they did have auto generated job #'s on old and you were able to provide "option" pricing in old system.

Edward

Reviewed April 2024

Highly Recommend due to better communication with Owners and subcontractors

I believe we were one of the first companies to come aboard and have learned to use the platform as a great advantage for our team.

PROS

We like the scheduling and estimating components of the program the best. We can have all our resources in one place and easily communicate Schedules, Change orders and Proposals to Owners, Subcontractors and Suppliers.

CONS

I would like to see the Lead tracking be more like a CRM where you could email your contacts and schedule automated follow-ups.

Reason for choosing ConstructionOnline

Ease of use and learning curve. We got up to speed very quickly and we had a good trial period to learn.

Nate

Reviewed October 2022

ConstructionOnline after 1 year

onboarding, implimentation and getting set up in the beginning was incredible. ConstructionOnline moves at the speed we move, they know how to get you up and running with minimal delay.

PROS

The scheduling and calendar function are top notch. easily shifting from calendar view to Gant view makes a big difference allowing multiple user preferences. Hands down the best way to manage your build calendar.Also, their customer support is at a whole new level, no other platform comes close to the speed and efficiency of their response time.

CONS

Estimating and financials get a little cumbersome.

Reason for choosing ConstructionOnline

The ease of of use with the build calendar.

Reasons for switching to ConstructionOnline

We started mixed use, multy-family and commercial projects, needed a more robust platform.

Reviewed February 2024

It was hard for me to change programs, but it was the best decision I could have made..

I can tell UDA spent a great deal of time putting this program together. There are a couple things I hope they will change but the ease-of-use once you get up to speed is wonderful. I have found the customer service to be the best I have ever received.

PROS

It is packed with every tool I will ever need to manage my construction company. Also, the customer support is top notch.

CONS

I found migrating my projects and linking them to clients from Construction Suite was very time consuming. The calendar only migrated over two weeks from the whole year. I had to repopulate the calendar all over again.

Reasons for switching to ConstructionOnline

I was forced to. The other program that I used for 20 years was not going to be supported anymore. Sometimes great decisions have to smack you on the head for you to see them.

ned

Reviewed May 2024

Best way to keep track of your project

PROS

everything is great what i use on daily basis

CONS

There is nothing that i dislike about. as i said what ever i use is easy to use and does the work for me

Cheyli

Reviewed May 2024

Easiest project management tool!!!

Amazing!! Its been so easy to learn and that makes it so easy to train other people as well.

PROS

I am a former UDA desktop user, and let me tell you how much the online version has helped me. It so much easier to navigate, It has a lot of new helpful options and my favorite part is the costumer service.. oh my god, they are so helpful and you can contact them so easily.

CONS

I have not found something that I do not like just yet.

michael

Reviewed February 2024

Consulting

PROS

ease of transition from current software

CONS

The dash board was kind of hare to get use to...

Reasons for switching to ConstructionOnline

More options for our growning company...

Reviewed April 2024

Project Management Tool

Great Tool for Project Management and project delivery.

PROS

I like how the working group can interact with the submital and drawing stage process. Review and discussion of Construction Schedule is great

CONS

Login into other companies project file as part of the team can be difficult.

Jason

Reviewed September 2022

Uda construction online

I have used uda since 2007, when I decided to go to an online platform I tried several, none of them had the easy user platform that construction online had

PROS

Estimate budget tracking, scheduling, the use of subcategories, the ability to set tax rates, and profit margins

CONS

You can not adjust the schedule from the mobile app

Reason for choosing ConstructionOnline

They didn't have the estimating set up in an easy to use dashboard, no sub categories no easy we to use percent of mark up, and tax rates, and all of the categories are in tabs, so when you want to look for a specific item you can just click on the tab for that category, the other products you need to scroll through the whole estimate

Reasons for switching to ConstructionOnline

Buildertrend estimating and budget tracking was terrible

Reviewed February 2022

COL is Great

The support staff is amazing. I have always had great solutions to issues I come across here and there. The classes I took for the Quick Books integration were very helpful. We decided to change our entire book keeping around how socket exports to Quick Books.

PROS

I love the estimating. It keeps the estimate more organized than Quick Books. Adding notes and attaching proposals from other subcontractors and suppliers keeps the information all close by.

CONS

I don't care for having to edit every row line in the estimate so the description spacing can be larger than the Item and cost rows. I wish there was a way to change all of them at once in the top ruler of the editor.

Reason for choosing ConstructionOnline

The look it has. It seemed to be easier for a client and the image to the client was nicer. It's like COL has the look of Mac and Procore has the look of Windows.

Juan

Construction, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed September 2023

JFL Plug Power Mechanical Engineering review

Overall it's a great software. I have used countless apps and software that detail site information. I think the user interface is fantastic in my opinion, one of the best if not the best. I don't know how the project score works but I'm going to get more familiar. I think just doing this review has opened my world up to all these other tools that I will be using.

PROS

The individual who designed the site interface did a great job. The weather and latest project activity are items that I'll now open when speaking to the engineer at site. In doing this review, I found out that I can see the address of the site, which sounds simple, but is INCREDIBLY useful. If one can imagine, I am looking for a site in 2015, and there are 8 buildings owned by the same major company. It takes me say, 10-15 min finding on google maps where the site exactly is, and even then sometimes it's unclear. Using this site already saved my 2 hours just with that simple application on the main user screen while I was doing this review.

CONS

I think I'd like to have a "Read Me" about each particular site so that I understand what the mindset is of the individual onsite. As an example, a read me note would detail "Raymond Furr will be at site on Monday's and Fridays doing XYZ check, and uploading pictures as the equipment is installed. Feel free to upload site pictures if you have visited the site, or were sent by another party, but understand that I will review the images and may remove if aren't associated with site". This would be similar to "Jobsite Instructions", but it would be to a different audience, mainly to those who aren't on site and need/provide digital information

Don

Reviewed February 2023

Great product, great value

The biggest benefit we've had is the collaboration of information. My field super no longer has to call asking about a PO, he can look online. He can submit back charges and VPO's to me for approval from his phone in the field. Communication amongst our team and to our subs is all in one place for all of us to see.

PROS

This product is really easy to use. The support is amazing. Even with seemingly simple questions, I can call or email them anytime and I always get the help I need. They have even worked with us to make the pricing options scalable for our needs. Transitioning from the desktop version to the online version was a daunting task but after I did it, I wish I would have done it sooner. The features available for our team to collaborate information is invaluable.

CONS

When I am in costbooks, I wish there was a way to click and drag items into new folders. The way it's set up now is a little time consuming. There also isn't a way to deactivate sub-categories in the estimates like there was in the desktop version or set sub-categories as allowances.

Hector

Reviewed January 2022

Lost with out it!

I have been using this software on since 2015 and has been extremely satisfied. I operate as a small residential Contractor and use UDA Suite and Construction online for Estimating, Proposals, Project Tracking (Work Logs and reports), Redline/Plan Room. I use this software on a daily basis and it helps me stay organized.

PROS

Estimating, Proposals, Project Tracking (Work Logs and reports) and Redline/Plan Room. The infrequent times I have an issue or question someone is readily available to help and resolve it immediately. For Example- I called about upgrading my Construction Suite and their Support Specialist Win [SENSITIVE CONTENT] handle my questions in an efficient and professional manner. I'm up running again!

CONS

For me it is helpful to able to see load paths through out my projects. It would be great if you would include an overlay feature in red line/plan room.

Reason for choosing ConstructionOnline

They have a user friendly scheduling software but it was to expensive to justify having both UDA and BuilderTrend.

Brenda

Reviewed July 2022

7 Years and Still Running!

PROS

The app for the field has been a game changer for us. It bridged a gap between our office staff and the field staff in ways I didn't know would happen. Recently, integrating with QB has also blown my mind at how fast the PM in the field can see the project actual costs. He is now able to make those hard decisions much more quickly and with confidence.

CONS

The only thing that comes to mind is I wish there was an event log or something we can reference when changes are made. I also wish there was an automated numbering system for estimates.

Reason for choosing ConstructionOnline

I was methodical and slow paced at choosing a product. Buildertrend was very pushey and their demo felt like I was wasting their time. The staff - [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] at UDA were very friendly, no pressure and assured me that their product could satisfy all my wants and concerns.

Tony