• Pros

• "I like the ease of use that this software provides."

• "The calendaring feature is great! Most of the people we have asked for help with the program have been extremely responsive and helpful."

• "I like how it is very user freindly. It is easy to navigate, and customer support is excellent. "

• Cons

• "I would love a "batch" time entry option for the cases in which one task has been performed/applies to all."

• "I wish the software had the ability to have a window pop up to quickly input time entry's for multiple clients like Ebillity does, but it is just something to get used to."

• "We don't use the document management features as they are not easily accessible. The search function in Firm Central takes a long time to return results as well."

Browse Firm Central Reviews

Michael from Consumer Legal Remedies, APC

Project management team has been incredible and made our transition seamless.

Total firm management from one platform and scalable for a big firm with lots of cases. Project management team has been an absolute godsend for us!

Pros

The platform is so intuitive and the customization is superb. The system is quick and we have everything we need at our fingertips to run our firm for the foreseeable future. I am blown away by how professional, prompt and helpful Project management team assigned to my account has been.I can't say enough good things about the team. they have gone above and beyond what I expected from Firm Central and stepped into the shoes of the tech assigned for my migration since he was away on vacation. Team helped us troubleshoot the migration process and we are up and running already with over 730 active lawsuits! AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Cons

Response from Thomson Reuters

Replied June 2018

Hello Michael, Thank you very much for for the positive review of Firm Central. We are thrilled to hear that you've had such a positive customer experience! Please utilize the many resources we have available as you continue to use the product and don't hesitate to reach out with questions. Thank you for your business!

Nate from Self-Employed

Excellent Case Management Software if integrated with Westlaw & Custom Forms etc.

Overall, our firm has had a great experience with Firm Central, but that is largely because of the additional add on products we integrated with Firm Central (Custom Form Builder, Company Investigator, Westlaw). If it was not for those seamlessly integrating with each matter it would not be worth the price.

Pros

This is a great Case Management system if your willing to invest the money to purchase the add on's like Custom Forms, Westlaw, Company investigator and etc. It can get extremely expensive however, our Firm saw the financial benefits in several ways once we committed to using all its features. The biggest benefit was the ability to automate the Custom Form Builder from data out of Firm Central.

Cons

The Firm Central Plug in for Outlook was terrible and unreliable. Firm Central should have put more focus on that aspect of the software because Lawyers and law firms live out of their email.

Reasons for Choosing Firm Central

Because of the products we integrated with Firm Central (Custom Form Builder, Company Investigator, Westlaw).

David from Sergi and Associates PC

A Good Start

It gave us a strong platform to work from

Pros

I like the look and feel of the program. I like the stability. I love Deadline Assistant and I love the West Support

Cons

I really dislike the program because it has no email integration. Given that this is Firm Central, not having an email integration is not very "CENTRAL". I need a color-coded calendar, I also need an app that I actually can use on my smartphone. The current semi app really is not a good fit.

Response from Thomson Reuters

Replied October 2017

Dear Attorney Sergi, Thank you for taking the time to review Firm Central. We are glad to hear it is generally is a good fit for your firm! We carefully listen to customer feedback and we're happy to say that desktop calendar integration does exist including a two-way sync with Outlook that as of this week, will now allow for color coding on your website calendars and on your desktop. To get the color coding on your desktop calendar please go to the Firm Central support page and download the most recent software release. Please call us with any questions at 1-888-287-8537. Thank you for being a valued customer!

Patricia from Lex Valorem

Buyer's Remorse

We especially liked the status feed. Customer service was fantastic. We just couldn't make operations run smoothly with most of our users on Macs. The WL integration was a big plus, but didn't outweigh the loss of other integrations.

Pros

Very stable platform, no glitches or bugs. Love the customizable dashboard for matters and the "status" feed on each matter.

Cons

While "usable" on a Mac, it caused us a lot of version control issues. Mac users must download, save locally, and re-upload. We thought this was manageable inconvenience, but found that because one often downloads the same document, one's local drive will rename the file by adding (1) to the end of the file name, for example. If you want to maintain version control, you have to delete any local copies to save the file using the same name before you download. Far to labor intensive. Also, even though we are using lots of Westlaw products, the integration with WL wasn't worth the loss of integration with all other platforms. And once you sign the contract, you are stuck with it. No month to month option.

Reasons for Choosing Firm Central

I'm an avid fan of WestLaw generally.

Bryce Edward from Elizabeth S. Pagel, PLLC

A great system that may one day be magnificent.

Client/Matter management and organization. Document builder. Time/Expense billing and accounting.

Pros

Potentially any firm could be run on Firm Central almost exclusively. It's designed to contain anything and everything a firm could administratively need, and succeeds on most levels in that regard. Customer service has been exceptional as well. Each member of the team that I have spoken to has been consistently helpful. In situations where they could not help me with my concerns, they took the information I provided back to their team to implement features on my recommendation - they even called me personally and excitedly announced the implementation of those features.

Cons

Some of the features show great potential; however, they remain half-measures and are therefore left underutilized. For example, the platform offers a cloud drive functionality that automatically creates folders for each client and matter - but then nothing is actually saved in those folders automatically. The document builder only saves user input, not the document itself, and so the document must be downloaded and saved manually - and you're going to want to save them locally anyways, because anything saved in the Firm Central drive cannot be consistently accessed by other applications (e.g. e-filing service websites). There are many other ambitious features here that will remain underutilized, but I've seen improvements just in the few months that I've been working with the program. Time will tell if these features will be fully implemented and incorporated into Firm Central's functionality.

Response from Thomson Reuters

Replied May 2018

Dear Mr. Edward, We appreciate you taking the time to write a product review for Firm Central. We are happy to hear that most of the functionality is working very well for you. We will pass along your comments to the product development team as we prioritize enhancements based on our users feedback. Thank you very much for being a valued customer of Firm Central!

Mark from Law Office of Mark A. Werner

My 2 1/2 Year Experience With Firm Central

Overall, I have been pleased with the features offered by Firm Central. I like the ease of saving and retrieving files stored in matters, and it is fairly easy to open new client files and matters.

Pros

Creating client files and sub-files. It is pretty intuitive, and I can find just about everything that I have saved. The Technical Support is great, and I usually have a very short wait to get in to talk with them. They have always been helpful.

Cons

I can't rename emails that I have saved in Firm Central, so searching for an email I saved 6 months ago is pretty time consuming and hit or miss. I can rename any Word or Excel file I want, but I can't change a name or date on an Outlook email. That makes no sense to me.

Kelly from Graybill & Mead, PLLC

Inadequate billing software

I worked in multiple businesses and own my own business. Therefore, when I started working at my husband's law office, I was shocked to see the subpar billing system. During the first year of owning this software, I had to manually take a calculator to calculate the finance charge and then go into each invoice to manually type in the amount into the invoice. Then they decided to FINALLY add a finance charge option, however, it batches the finance charge assuming all open matters should have a finance charge applied. However, in a Michigan law office, you must have a fee agreement in place in order to assess finance charges. Therfore, I would have to go into the 1300 opened matters individually, to "de-select" the matter if they don't have a signed fee agreement in place. I have spent two years trying to understand why the development team feels it's not a priority to fix this. I have numerous emails and countless hours on the phone trying to work with them while they "fix the bugs".

Pros

Attorneys and legal assistants can enter their time directly into the client's matter.

Cons

Everything about the accounts receivable and finance charge aspect. Also, uploading pdfs into each matter is time-consuming.

Reasons for Choosing Firm Central

We thought it would be a good software, since Westlaw is a nice product. Unfortunately, it's a disappointment.

Jill M. from Law Offices of Jill M. Zuccardy

This program is easy to use because it is intuitive

It saves me a lot of time because it is much easier to use than other programs.

Pros

Speaking from the perspective of a small firm, this software is ideal for time keeping and billing. It is easy to open a client and a matter, and to generate invoices. It is easy to access off-site. The ease of use and portability to different devices makes it more likely that you will capture your time because you can just do it on the spot (e.g., in court) I also like that my client information is kept on TR servers rather than in the Cloud.

Cons

I would like more flexibility in terms of layout. For example, I would like to be able to make my calendar bigger on the home page, and I would like to have a bigger field for entering time from a Matter page (as opposed to from a time-sheet) so I do not have to scroll down to complete the entry

Response from Thomson Reuters

Replied February 2018

Greetings Jill, Thank you for the positive feedback on Firm Central. We are glad you find the system easy and intuitive to use and appreciate the security as well. I will pass along your feedback to the product development team. We value your input and thank you for your business!

Melissa from Hunter Law P.A.

Industry: Law Practice

firm central not as user friendly as I thought

Pros

client portal for access to records so that you did not have to share the documents via email with client they could log in securely to see them

Cons

we purchased the program a few years ago and integrated it with our office, after a very difficult integration the program did not integrate with MS Outlook in the "very near future" as we were told. so we discontinued after contract was up and changed to Clio

Response from Thomson Reuters

Replied April 2019

Melissa, Thank you for your review of Firm Central. We are sorry to hear that you encountered difficulty in integrating with Outlook. This is a capability of the program, provided your office uses PCs. Please let us know if we can help in any way or answer any questions about the functionality. Best Regards and thanks for being a valued customer!

Jennifer from Wyatt & Davidson, LLC

Industry: Law Practice

Good product, but not as easy to use as was anticipated.

Having all case components centralized in one location.

Pros

The comprehensive nature of the system. Having every aspect of a case in one central location, i.e. calendar, contacts, specific case information, billing, research..

Cons

Some of the functions require too many steps. The product could use some streamlining to make it easier to use and faster to go from document to document or in and out of billing, etc.

Response from Thomson Reuters

Replied October 2017

Dear Attorney Wyatt, Thank you for taking the time to provide a product review. We understand that this software is complex and if you need additional training we do provide unlimited complimentary training with the service. We appreciate your feedback on how we can improve the system and will take note of your comments as we prioritize our enhancements. Thank you for being a valued customer!

Garry L.

SAVE YOURSELF THE AGGRAVATION - DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT

Firm Central has been a complete disaster for my firm. I have a small (6 attorney) immigration law boutique practice and have been in business for 10 years. When we were considering changing our client database management system, we had a wish list of things we needed a new system to do that would be an improvement over our previous system. When presented multiple times to the sales person Thompson Reuters sent over to us, he assured us repeatedly that it could do what we needed it to. Turns out, after we signed the long term expensive contract, it was mostly lies. We got jobbed big time. After a while of using it, frustration mounting, costs rising, we got the IT guys on the phone to help us figure out what we were doing wrong. The sales person was so convincing, we kept thinking it must have been user error. We tried training, doing things different ways, etc., and nothing worked. When we connected with the IT guys, most of our conversation was met with responses of, "Nope, it can't do that. Never could, never will. What made you guys think it could?" It was crazy. So, realizing it was not going to work for us, and that we had been sold a bill of goods by the sales person, we confronted Thompson Reuters and requested that we be let out of the contract. Fat chance. They told us to shove it, not caring that we were lied to by the sales person. Apparently, that was his responsibility, it's on him and us for being suckers enough to believe what we were told. So here we are, stuck with paying tons of money for a product that is counterproductive to our business. Please don't get suckered like we did. Amusingly, we got a call from someone whose only job is to call people to find out why they are cancelling. The person actually admitted that to us. So many people cancel that they have people employed just to find out why. Don't buy it.

Pros

Actually we had a very good experience, the only one, with the off boarding customer service folks. They were very nice and really helpful. Made it easy to get everything moved over from Firm Central to our new system that actually works.

Cons

Everything about it. The sales people say anything to get the sale, and you will pay whether it works for you as sold or not.

Joseph from Joseph E Seagle PA

June 2016

It sucks you in and won't let go except for a price

We've been using Firm Central for 16 months. The reason I know exactly how long we've been using it is because I had to sign a contract for 3 years. You see, West ties Firm Central to your WestlawNext and Doc & Form Building subscriptions, so each time you want to add a new employee as a user, you are required to renew your contract for all of the products you have from them. Therefore, your contract will never end so long as your firm keeps growing. If that employee leaves and you no longer need them to be a user on the system, they don't then shorten the contract back to its prior term, however.

Pros

Easy to use and intuitive. The link to WestlawNext and Doc & Form Builder is very helpful, but it's not enough to make it worth the price. The Deadline Assistant integration is very helpful as well. But all of these programs can be used separate and apart from Firm Central, so don't feel like you have to buy Firm Central to get access to them.

Cons

Yes, they advertise that it's only $40 per month per user. However, it requires a contractual commitment to get this system. Then, if you have any other West products tied to it, that means that if you ever need to add another user, they will renew your contract for everything tied to that user name and password that you needed for Firm Central. It's a complete racket, and when your bill is almost $1,600 per MONTH for what they provide, every month of extension of the contract is very expensive when your firm has one lawyer and one paralegal. On the technology: it doesn't work on Outlook running in Terminal Server (RDP), and it's wonky even on the desktop. The add-ins do not work with Outlook for Mac, and there is no way to "pack up" or export a matter onto a thumb drive or into the cloud so that you can take it with you to court. There's no way to export matters so that you can transfer them to an associate who is leaving the firm. You have to down load all of the documents, print out all notes, and otherwise go through a lot of hassle to move an associate from your firm to another one. Also, if you had ProDoc prior to Firm Central, it will import all of your data from all of the files you had previously opened in ProDoc. In my case, that was over 1,500 matters. Now I am finally down to 1,200 "open" matters in Firm Central, but there is no way to mass-close multiple matters at once. So it requires me to spend about 20 seconds per matter to close each one. Do the math.

Response from Thomson Reuters

Replied June 2016

We are sorry for your disappointment, we value your feedback and will take your comments into consideration. An account representative will be reaching out to you to discuss your experience.

Frank from Frank Rocco & Associates

Excellent sales support and amazing tech training.

Simply being better organized.

Pros

Its intuitiveness, flexibility and ease of use. We used ProLaw some 10+ years ago and I recall that invoicing, pre-billing and matter creation were fairly tough. Firm Central is a breeze to use and even the moderately difficult stuff is easily retained after simps explanations.

Cons

As a very small firm, the predictable grumble is that I would like to prove to be lower. I would love to have e-mail reminders that say "send out your billings, you distracted money-hater". or even better, re-billings that are auto printed for all open time-accrued matters by the Nth day of each month.

Response from Thomson Reuters

Replied July 2017

Mr. Rocco, Thank you very much for your excellent product review of Firm Central. We are glad your experience is going so well this far and intend to keep it that way! We look forward to helping you get long term benefits from Firm Central. Thank you for being a valued customer!

Great all in one platform

Pros

The integration with westlaw researching is great. Firm central documents display when conducting westlaw research so you essentially can look on your own system for information while searching westlaw. The customer support is great, but if it's after business hours the 24/7 support is farmed overseas, which is similar to no customer service at all.

Cons

There are several small bugs in the software. You cannot drag and drop files from an email into firm central sometimes. the load time for larger files is unusually long despite a fast internet connection. Displaying the pages and moving from page to page is not instantaneous and takes too long

Carol from Beal, LLC

Great product.

As a start up firm, we were looking for one product that would handle everything for us -- document management, time and billing and calendar. After working 25 years at a very large law firm I knew there had to be a program available that would do everything in one package. Firm Central was the only product I found that could do it all, eliminating the need for multiple subscriptions from multiple software companies. The software package was loaded remotely and after viewing a short tutorial, I was able to immediately begin setting up client files and adding documents. I found all facets of the program easy to navigate, the tutorials are great, the ongoing technical support is always one click or one phone call away. I have been very impressed with everything about Firm Central, the software, the tutorials and the knowledge of all the support people I have spoken with by phone or corresponded with by email. I highly recommend Firm Central to anyone looking for one comprehensive software package to handle document management, calendars and time and billing.

Pros

One program does everything we need.

Cons

Would like time entry to have a repeat last client/matter function so that I could enter multiple time entries on same day for same client.

Response from Thomson Reuters

Replied October 2016

Thank you, Carol for the wonderful review. We appreciate your valuable feedback and will pass your suggestion along to the product development team.

Janet from Keese Hargraves LLP

Not entirely user-friendly, but good bang for your buck

Pros

Cons

There are so many options in the Deadline Assistant, that it is often difficult to find what I am looking for. For events like "Court Holidays" or "Attorney Out of Office" I have to create a fake client matter and calendar it for that just so the entire office can see it. I wish there was a way to make an event, viewable to the entire office, without having to attach a matter to it. Integration has not been as swift as we though it would be. It's laborious and extremely time consuming to move all our clients' documents from our current platform to Firm Central.

Response from Thomson Reuters

Replied December 2018

Dear Janet, Thanks for taking the time to write a review for Firm Central. We're glad you're finding good value with the software and it's been beneficial for your office. We're happy to say that the feature you mention below, creating non-matter events and sharing across the office is being released in Firm Central this month. Please reach out to your product specialist if you'd like assistance with training on this new functionality. Thanks for being a valued customer!!

Lauren from Thoame Law PLC

Firm Central Case Mangement Review

Pros

Cons

I would recomend that Frim Cen tral/Westlaw allow their customers to have trial access to their addins before commiting to a subcristion agreemnt (or an increase in their subcription agrrement). There are many futures that I think could be benifial to our firm. However, I want to test the product before commiting to it.

Response from Thomson Reuters

Replied December 2018

Hi Lauren, Thank you for your favorable review of Firm Central. We are very happy to hear that you find the software easy to use and are leveraging the expertise of our customer support teams. With regard to the trial process, that is something that we are working on and we will definitely pass along your feedback. Thanks for being a valued customer!

Betsy from Betsy A. Fischer, LLc

Hate this product

Pros

I can do legal research. Of course, I get a free research tool with my bar dues so that really isn't that great of a benefit.

Cons

Trust and billing component not user friendly. No evergreen trust feature, client complain about bills. The program recently started deleting court dates from the calendar and deleting documents. I have contacted the company regarding terminating the contract as they are unable to fix their program. I had to call ten different times and was told that unless the issue occurs while we are on the phone with you, we can't help you. For years, they did not even have a "void bill" feature. If you make a mistake entering a check, you cannot edit it.

Response from Thomson Reuters

Replied October 2017

Dear Attorney Fischer, We are sorry to hear that Firm Central was not a good fit for your firm and that you encountered some issues with the functionality. Based on our internal records, we did attempt to follow up with you several times to help resolve any issues and had difficulty connecting with you. We pride ourselves on excellent customer service and the customer experience is extremely important to us. Please let us know if we can assist in any way.

Wendy from Lowe Law Firm

Industry: Law Practice

Fenton was very helpful and knowledgeable

Pros

Having everything in one place. The matter page for each client is neat, organized and easy to read.

Cons

Having to flip back and forth between screens, not being able to pull lists of data for cases overall or pursuant to specific parameters.

Response from Thomson Reuters

Replied October 2017

Dear Ms. Lang, Thank you for taking the time to write a product review for Firm Central. We are glad to hear that the matter page is helping with your case file organization. We will have a product specialist reach out to see if we can assist with the data pull in regards to your comments below. Thanks so much for being a valuable customer and for providing your feedback!

Dorian from Long Brightbill

Time-Saving and Efficient

We are better able to keep track of overdue invoices and unbilled time and it's much faster-sending invoices to client's because so much information can be kept in one place. Also, the support I have received from the support team and their responsiveness to questions/concerns I have had are very much appreciated. They have helped to make our transition from Ebillity to Firm Central and enjoyable one.

Pros

The way the software groups all matters together and shows the matter balance and unbilled time, which makes it easy to select client's that need to be billed.

Cons

Response from Thomson Reuters

Replied April 2019

Dear Ms. Shreve, Thank you for taking the time to review Firm Central. We are so happy that you find the product enhances your efficiency, especially with your invoicing process and that you've received excellent customer support. Many thanks for being a valued customer!

Kim from Underhill & Hodge LLC

Customer service has been great, very responsive when I have had problem/question.

Pros

I love the fact that the new Time and Billing syncs with QuickBooks. Invoicing is so much easier with Time and Billing.

Cons

Response from Thomson Reuters

Replied May 2017

Hello Ms. Grayson, Thank you for your review and your comments regarding Firm Central. I will share your feedback with the development team especially as it relates to searching and documents and have a Product Specialist follow up with you to get more specific details. Thank you for being a valued customer!

Amanda from Swanson Law, P.A.

Firm Central Review

Pros

I like the ease of use that this software provides.

Cons

I do not like that the billing doesn't put all matters for one client on one invoice. Sending multiple invoices to one client can be confusing to the receiving party.

Response from Thomson Reuters

Replied September 2018

Hi Amanda, Thank you very much for your complimentary review of Firm Central. We are thrilled to hear you find it easy to use and will recommend Firm Central to your peers. We will pass along your billing feedback to the product developers-- this is something they are working on. Thanks for being a valued customer!

James from Smith & Tomkins

Industry: Law Practice

We have been using since May and like the product quite well.

Efficiency and reasonably easy to use.

Pros

What we like best about the product is the integration of the case management software and the billing software. We previously used Amicus and Timeslips and had to transfer data between each and it tending to be a bit unstable. Also like the appearance of the billing documents. Very clean and professional.

Cons

It has caused auto fill of email addresses on outlook to not work correctly. The other item would be inability to pull up a mater file list by firm file number.

Response from Thomson Reuters

Replied October 2017

Dear Attorney Tomkins, Thank you very much for taking time to provide a Firm Central product review! We are very happy to hear that Firm Central is working well for your practice and is an improvement to your work-flow. We will pass on your comments about the matter file list and email addresses to our product management team. Thank you for being a valued Firm Central customer!

Cassie from Geary, Shea, O'Donnell, Grattan & Mitchell P.C.

Industry: Law Practice

Overall a great program that helps firms stay organized

Deadline Assistant Communication In-house Links to Calendar System

Pros

Deadline Assistant Communication in House New Matter Set up Links to Calendar in Outlook Customer support has been wonderful

Cons

Multiple steps while using Deadline Assistant Can be a little overwhelming with all of the functions

Response from Thomson Reuters

Replied February 2018

Hello Cassie, Thanks for the positive review of Firm Central. Please let us know if you need any help in the future, we are accessible 24/7 with any questions. Thanks for being a valued customer!

Savannah from The Eroen Law Firm

Industry: Law Practice

The customer service & support that comes with the software is by far the best part. Customer support is A+

It actually protected us from a ransomware attack that annihilated all of our files on our server

Pros

I like the cloud-based technology and the constant updates to improve the software. Additionally, it is very user-friendly and the customer support is great. We love Customer support and she's always there to answer our questions.

Cons

Billing takes a little bit more time than my old software, which allows you to duplicate entries. I also wish that you could edit the "open date" since we uploaded older files, forgot to change the date and then couldn't edit it

Response from Thomson Reuters

Replied May 2018

Dear Ms. Estenson, Thank you very much for your product endorsement for Firm Central. We are thrilled to hear that the product is working well for you and even protected you from a ransomeware attack. We will definitely pass-along your feedback to our product developers. Thanks for being a valued customer!

Mark from Mark A. Hinrichs, Attorney At Law

August 2016

Firm Central has organized my practice

firm central has proved to be a very helpful and effective tool for my practice. It is the assistant/paralegal that I haven't hired to date.

Pros

the outstanding customer service. Both the firm software account personnel and the technical support personnel have been great. Additional, firm central is a very comprehensive management and billing tool that has cut the time required to complete the various administrative tasks required of a solo practitioner running a criminal defense practice.

Cons

the lack of integration between google calendar and the calendar on firm central.

Response from Thomson Reuters

Replied August 2016

Thank you so much for your review! We are happy to hear that Firm Central has helped you to organize your practice and be more efficient. We are continually working to improve the functionality and user experience for Firm Central and will pass along your feedback to the product team regarding the calendar.

Matt from Walk Law Firm, PA

Walk Law Firm, M.Welker Review of Matt Zempel

Firm Central is a fine product. It has some features that are geared more toward Litigation firms and not business firms, such as ourselves.

Pros

Ease of access. Syncing capabilities.

Cons

Appears geared to litigation firms. Transferring documents from one matter to another challenging based on how we name matters.

David from Rose Law Group

Not what we expected.

I would not recommend it.

Pros

The sales presentation was good. The software itself has not performed well.

Cons

It is not fully integrated with outlook - so every update to FC also has to be updated to outlook. Rule updates come late - our state revised its rule and gave 7 months notice of the rule change, FC is still making rule changes 3 months after implementation of the new rules. Service requests are poorly handled and we often get bumped from one person to another who just want to talk about the experience. We still experience mistakes in calendaring (sometimes extra days are added for no apparent reason) and we end up having to double check everything which defeats the purpose of getting this software.

Response from Thomson Reuters

Replied November 2018

Attorney McDowell, We are sorry to hear that Firm Central was not what you expected. We strive to provide excellent customer service and employ a dedicated technical support team for our Firm Central users to leverage with any technical difficulties. Our product team is very responsive to customer requests as well. Please let us know if you'd like to set up a call for assistance. Thanks for being a valued customer.

betsy from Fischer

Worst product ever

Customer service is horrible. I had to jump through hoops regarding the calendar issue and they were not able to fix the problem. Using this software was the worst mistake I ever made.

Pros

There are no pros. This was the most difficult software to use and customer support was horrible. They were never able to fix their issues. Each time I would call for a problem with the product, I was told that they would have to have someone up the chain call me. 2-3 days later I might get a return call.

Cons

The software would constantly delete the events on my calendar. The billing portion was difficult to use in that you had to transfer money by client and could not do a batch transfer.

Delambert from Delambert Stowe Rose, Attorney at Law

Firm Central Review

Sales (Dennis Petronack) and support have both been superb. Product has been helpful to the limited purposes for which I currently use it.

Pros

At this point, I am not using the billing and calendaring features. I am a transactional attorney, and I subscribed to Firm Central in order to have a secure document repository. What I like most is that I am able to upload my own materials to Firm Central, and search them using the WestLaw search algorithm, including boolean logic.

Cons

A significant shortcoming is that one is not able to search folder metadata on Firm Central. That is, titles of folders and descriptions of folders. It would be extremely helpful for this folder metadata to be available to the search algorithm.

Joanne from Anderson and Associates LLP

Industry: Law Practice

It has been relatively painless to start using it and all users are finding it easy to navigate

I think we've consolidated information that was in multiple places. That's the biggest plus.

Pros

The search function is great. The deadline assistant is also very useful. We use it to manage our multiple clients with multiple deadlines and it's working beautifully.

Cons

The contact/client list is a little tough to navigate if you're going through the whole database to review data entry progress. The search function fixes that drawback.

Response from Thomson Reuters

Replied June 2018

Dear Ms. Urena, We are glad that you are finding Firm Central easy to navigate and use. It's great to hear that managing your deadlines has been streamlined and that you are leveraging the power of our global search functionality. Thanks so much for being a valued customer and please let us know if you need any help along the way!

Robert from Law Office of Robert L. Lewis

Firm Central by Bob L

My clients love the ease and security of using the VPN email and document sharing features. I like my client dashboards and the daily email conversations that get me more case information without all the wasted time of phone calls or personal interviews.

Pros

VPN email; ease of sharing documents with who I choose; the fact that my clients have their own dashboard and digital file with all of the documents and communications that I have in my file.

Cons

Sometimes my emails to clients are limited on the Client Portal. At those times, I am forced to send multiple email. My clients experience the same inconvenience.

Response from Thomson Reuters

Replied September 2016

Thank you for your review of Firm Central. We appreciate your feedback and will pass along your suggestions to the product team.

Amy from Layman's Law, PLC

Excellent customer service and a great product.

This software saved us from a previous software that crashed.

Pros

Outstanding Functionality & Features. The product is always improving and they take the time to review suggestions from their clients and implement these ideas into the product.

Cons

A few hiccups here and there but nothing that could not be resolved in a reasonable amount of time. As with any product it could be user error by simply not understanding the full capacity of the product.

Response from Thomson Reuters

Replied October 2017

Dear Ms. Subblett, Thanks so much for your glowing endorsement for Firm Central. We are delighted to hear that you find the features and functionality outstanding. Again, thank you for the positive review and for being a very valued Firm Central customer!!

Paula from Hartsfield Law

September 2016

Very impressed with Firm Central!

I already use Doc and Form Builder and this is a great add on to that. I like having everything I need in one place. Being able to access it from home and while traveling is a bonus.

Pros

It seems to cover all of my needs in one place - no having to use one software program and then another to accomplish everything. Less time wasted.

Cons

This con is not so much about the software as it is a reflection on me. I am an "old dog" with limited technological abilities. It will take time for me to become proficient and to ensure I am utilizing it to its capacity. Price is another issue. As a solo, I really have to watch the bottom line. Anything I add to the budget has a huge impact.

Response from Thomson Reuters

Replied September 2016

Thank you for your review of Firm Central. We are glad to hear that you are finding value in Doc & Form Builder and Firm Central and appreciate your feedback!

Good idea in theory, but still has bugs that need to be worked out.

Overall I would not recommend this product. Work disappears from the software, and in a lawfirm this is unacceptable. The software needs to be 100% reliable.

Pros

I like that it is cloud based, perfect for small firms. It integrates with Outlook to schedule calendar items. You are able to work remotely becuase it is cloud based.

Cons

There are many bugs. The desktop application is often just gone from the explorer menu, things you import disappear or never upload to begin with. I am still waiting for TR to figure out why my documents just disappear.

Response from Thomson Reuters

Replied September 2018

Hello, Thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear you are encountering issues with the Desktop integration. We have been diligently working to resolve any bug issues and have successfully solved the majority of the problems. We are here to help should you need further assistance!

Leonard from Frankel Zacharia LLC

Response from Thomson Reuters

Replied April 2019

Dear Mr. Johnson, Thank you very much for your stellar review of Firm Central. We are very happy to see that you rate the program with 5 stars across the board and are very likely to recommend the product to your colleagues and peers. Thanks for being a valued customer! Best Regards.

Clay from Clay Johnson Law

Like it alot!

We like the software alot and customer rep. did a great job in training. We got up and running in a hurry!

Pros

The intuitiveness of it!

Cons

nothing

Response from Thomson Reuters

Replied September 2018

Mr. Johnson, Thank you very much for your 5 Star review of Firm Central! We are delighted to hear your experience with the product has been extremely positive and you were able to get up and running quickly. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need any assistance with advanced training down the road. We want to ensure you're maximizing the benefits of Firm Central! Thanks so much for being a valued customer!

September 2016

Roberta from Brodzki Jacobs & Associates, P.L.

Review of Firm Central

I cannot determine value for money as this is not my role in this office but the program is very user friendly and convenient.

Pros

The ease of use.

Cons

Had to overcome some work arounds such as copying word docs into my documents first before being able to upload same to firm central. It will not simply upload directly. Attorneys seem to have more difficulty finding documents loaded into firm central than the paralegals who work constantly in the software. This is not an intuitive process but requires experience with the software.

Response from Thomson Reuters

Replied September 2016

Thank you for your review of Firm Central, we appreciate your comments.

Kristine from Akland Law Firm PLLC

Industry: Law Practice

Good product, needs a few more tweeks

Pros

The ease of tracking time and generating invoices

Cons

hanging billable hour rates based within a matter is difficult and time consuming.

Response from Thomson Reuters

Replied September 2018

Ms. Akland, Thank you very much for your review of Firm Central! We are pleased to hear you find time tracking and generating invoices easy with Firm Central. We would welcome an opportunity to further discuss the matter hourly-billing rate issue you mention in the review. We are actively working on building out flexible and alternative billing rate options that will hopefully have a positive impact for you. Thanks so much for your business!

Hector from Centurion Law Group

The software works great, customer support staff is excellent (Mr. Andre King)

Pros

The interface is very easy to use and learn, it allows you to delegate tasks to other attorneys, and it provides one central hub where everyone on the team can view updates on communications with client and work done on the case. FC team is always available to answer questions.

Cons

It does not have a quickbooks function, yet, but I have been informed that it will have one soon. Also, there is no compatible smart form for intakes that would auto populate the information filled out by the client on an iPad to creating a new client under firm central.

Response from Thomson Reuters

Replied April 2018

Dear Mr. Lans, Thank you very much for your positive review of Firm Central. We are delighted to hear you find the interface easy to learn and use. We are continually working on enhancing the product and prioritize our enhancements based on customer feedback. I will pass along your other comments to our development team. Thanks for being a valued customer!

Michael from The Van Vleck Law Firm

I am completely satisfied with the product.

Pros

I find the product very easy to use. The document storage and retrieval using Windows Explorer is great.

Cons

The calendaring software could be more streamlined. There are probably more items in the rule sets than there needs to be.

Response from Thomson Reuters

Replied May 2018

Dear Mr. Kost, We appreciate you taking the time to write a product review for Firm Central! We are very happy to hear that you are completely satisfied with the product. We will take your feedback regarding the calendar to the product development team. Thanks for being a valuable Firm Central customer and user!!

Juanita from Gillis Way & Campbell

Quick, easy and great customer service.

Pros

For a short time I was in charge of the monthly invoicing for our small firm, which I've never had to do before but working with this software I was able to learn the applications very quickly.

Cons

I mainly used this software for billing and time entries, the only thing that I can think of is not being able to format or personalize the invoices.

Response from Thomson Reuters

Replied June 2017

Hello Ms. Heard, Thank you very much for your positive review of Firm Central and for your valuable feedback! We really appreciate it!

June 2016

Marty from Corthell and King Law Office, P.C.

DON'T MAKE THIS MISTAKE

Terrible product! We had so many issues just trying to be trained on the software. They assured us that FirmCentral has 24/7 support, which isn't true. When you call after hours, a tech center who doesn't know anything about the product reads instructions to you, and then creates a ticket for someone to call you back during business hours. We rarely received a call back. The only way I could get the support team to respond is by sending them a message asking where I could leave a review for the product. Of course they never answered that question but it did prompt them to call me.

Cons

This software is clunky and difficult to use. We tried to hang in there for four months; however, the glitches never were fixed. I was blown away that Thomson Reuters would allow such a terrible product to be on the market. My staff spent more time trying the suggested work arounds than actually working. Also, we received our "welcome packet and instructions" two months after we canceled our contract. We now use MyCase and couldn't be happier.

Joyce from Belnap Legal, PLLC

E-billing convenient, but no notice if client did not receive it

Sending e-billings is very convenient, but there is no way to know if the client got it or not unless they call or I call them to see why they didn't pay. Clients with msn.com and hotmail.com addresses do not receive the e-bill so I have to snail mail them. Developers need to figure out a way to show the law firm which clients' ebills bounced.

Pros

THANK YOU for finally changing the alphabetizing from first name to last name. That was a debacle of gigantic proportions. It took two years but you finally made it.

Cons

Users are not able to format the invoice their use. Trust account paragraph is too crowded with words that people can't see what's what.

Kathleen from The Collins Law Firm

Waste of Time and MONEY.

Bad Faith practices of Firm Central/West

Pros

the matters page is setup to provide a information on a case.

Cons

Billing. I received bills for thousands of dollars in a two month time frame for "out of network/contract" usage. I wasted ten hours on the phone and emails, talking to 7 different westlaw representatives explaining the problem. Finally, west admitted they had the WRONG registration key and they would correct THEIR mistake. I wrote in to cancel my contract, the representation, sent me my contract telling me I could not cancel Firm Central until 2021. Today, I received another erroneous bill, I am again on the phone correcting West's , mistakes wasting my morning billable time.

Response from Thomson Reuters

Replied April 2019

Dear Attorney Collins, We are very sorry to hear about your billing issues with Firm Central. Please let us know if we can be of assistance with straightening this out for you. Thank you.

Sharmen from Beckmen Crystal Newman Law

Customer Representative was very helpful and answered all of our questions in a very timely manner.

Time and billing are incorporated into Firm Central.

Pros

That time and billing are incorporated into Firm Central. This part of the survey is a bit strange that it won't submit my answer because it is too short.

Response from Thomson Reuters

Replied June 2017

Hello Sharmen, Thank you very much for your product review for Firm Central. We are very glad to see that you are satisfied with our support and that Firm Central Time & Billing is going well for you!

Abdelrahman from The Zeini Law Firm

Moved from Competitor

This has made our firm's life much easier, I am able to access my practice management from anywhere and using any device.

Pros

Easy To use

Cons

Trust accounting needs some work. So does flat fee billing.

Response from Thomson Reuters

Replied March 2017

Mr Zeini, Thank you so much for your review of Firm Central. We are glad to hear that you are happy with the product and that it is helping your firm. We will pass along your suggestions to our product team. Have a great day!

April from Hill Law Group, PA

Sucked in by Slick Salesmen!!

It is my style to quietly go away without complaining publicly but this company is terrible!! Buyer beware! They have no interest in allowing anyone out of a contract for any reason! They do not care about providing a quality product, only selling. I followed their process for cancellation and got a letter saying they would not let me out. They provided absolutely no customer service even when they said someone would call.

Pros

Easy to login from any location and that's about all.

Cons

The wordiness and legalese overused in all documents. Lies told to me by salesperson that did what he needed to sell a product. When I've called customer service for help got no response but received additional charges.

Forrest from Kroschel Law

Our rep provided first class customer service and assistance without which I could not have on-boarded my practice in such short amount of time. Thank you.Central staff for excellent support.

Pros

Accessibility and efficiency

Cons

Less supportive for plaintiff's cases model for defense billable work

Response from Thomson Reuters

Replied March 2017

Mr Kroschel, Thank you so much for your review of Firm Central. We are so happy to hear that you are having a good experience with your rep and customer support staff, and that you are finding Firm Central helpful to your firm. We will pass along your suggestions to the product team. Have a great day!

Harper from Ethos Legal Services

Love this product!

Firm Central helped us with all of our business needs very efficiently and very effectively. We are so happy with the services it provides and the product in general. We would certainly recommend that Firm Central be employed as a keystone to all businesses.

Response from Thomson Reuters

Replied August 2016

Thank you for your review, we are so happy to hear that Firm Central has helped your business!