Browse LawToolBox Reviews

I have used Law Tool Box for a number of years and hope to never have to change!

An easy to use and reliable docketing program

Pros

Law Tool Box is a reliable docketing program that is easy to use. An added plus is the links to state and federal rules of civil procedure.

Cons

Deadlines do not automatically synch to your calendar without the use of Office 365. I would like to see improvements with the deadline "hide" feature.

Nicole from Moye White LLP

Best for Legal Docketing

The firm's docketing system was outdated, complex and not compliant. LawToolBox solved all of these issues which

Pros

This product makes it easy to keep track of deadlines and be in compliance

Cons

n/a - I have no cons for LTB. It does what it is supposed to do.

Reasons for Switching to LawToolBox

I used LTB at all my previous firms and in order to be efficient in litigation, the firm needed to switch to a better system

Laura from The Gold Law Firm

Industry: Law Practice

Cannot do my job quickly and accurately without Law ToolBox!

Efficiency, accuracy and peace of mind when tracking deadline.

Pros

It is easy to set up a case with expedited setup. Can do regular setup if needed. The dates calculate accurately. I like the reminders send to Outlook.

Cons

No way to make a deadlines chart for a period of time showing only cases for one attorney, and exclude all the other attorney's cases. Wish I could track the same Complaint served on multiple defendants and their individual deadlines for Answers and account for any Extensions of time granted a bit more easily. Right now I just manually make a deadline for each, or edit those I input prior. Wish I had "Date of Mediation" among the other trigger dates. Wish I knew how to create custom reports filtered for my attorney and her cases.

Shannon from Central California Legal Services

Law Tool Box is Amazing

I love it. It's the best calendaring tool I've used in 20 years of working in law firms. The customer service is amazing.

Pros

It's user-friendly, the customer support is amazing, and it's the best value for the money.

Cons

It's sometimes a little confusing but the amazing support makes it better.

Reasons for Choosing LawToolBox

Law Tool Box had the features we wanted most. Its integration with Microsoft and the genuineness of its staff in wanting to provide the best product possible. They made an entirely new rule set for us and worked with us as a nonprofit.

Cost and ease of use.

Linda from Lyons Gaddis

Industry: Law Practice

I am a long time user and fan of LTB.

Accuracy on deadline calculations and a huge savings in time which increased productivity.

Pros

After hand calculating deadlines for many, many years, I am very happy to have been introduced to LTB. It saves an incredible amount of time, is very easy to use, and makes recalculating deadlines so easy. It also has a lot of great forms and if you ever have a question, customer service responds quickly, is extremely knowledgeable about their product and gets the problem fixed.

Cons

The real estate calculator doesn't help our firm much and we have contacted LTB who is working on some changes so that we can use it in the state of Colorado.

Van from Law Firm

I enjoy working with Law Toolbox for the ease of docketing deadlines.

Pros

It automatically generates deadlines and puts them in outlook. This makes my job function quicker and easier since I don't have to populate the dates after a Complaint is filed.

Cons

It populates deadlines that I don't always need. The attorneys don't want unnecessary deadlines clogging their outlook calendars.

Response from LawToolBox.com

Replied September 2018

Thank you for your review! In response to your comment, "It populates deadlines that I don't always need. The attorneys don't want unnecessary deadlines clogging their outlook calendars", this is actually one of the top features that sets us apart from all other docketing solutions. In LawToolBox you have the ability to hide ANY deadline that does not apply to your case. Even better, you can now set a template that automatically hides the deadlines every time you set up a case, so you don¿t have to hide them individually every time. If there is one instance where an automatically hidden deadlines applies, you can just reactivate in that one case. Hope this helps! Thank you for being a valued LawToolBox customer!

Diane from Ramos Law

Industry: Law Practice

My experience with the LTB software has been great.

This software help me do my job and be a better paralegal. I don't have to spend my time in this busy office hand calculating and calendaring deadlines.This software helps me keep our team more efficient by using the reports.

Pros

It takes the guess work out of calendaring and provides peace of mind. It is easy to use and easy to teach others.

Cons

We do not have Integrated Deadlines and I don't like how I have to "update" to get things on the calendar and the process I have to go through to change a date or cancel a date. I think that should be all part of the software.

Works great for standard District Court matters, although it could be more intuitive.

It works great as off-site docketing software. It is easy to use (i.e., requires little time to set up each case), and sends reminders regularly and consistently.

Pros

It is easy to use and takes very little training. Even someone with (basically) no legal background would be able to figure it out and successfully use it.

Cons

County Court actions are not included. New tracking features are added periodically, and it would be great if County Court actions could be added in the near future!

Cindy from Shapiro Winthers & McGraw P.C.

Litigation deadline calendaring with ease and accuracy!

Peace of mind and professionalism knowing that my deadlines are calculated correctly.

Pros

The presumptive deadlines automatically calculating per court jurisdiction. Likewise, the ease with adding division specific and case management deadlines.

Cons

I'd like the rule Authority link to take me to the exact cite rather than just the main C.R.C.P. table of contents requiring that I navigate to the rule independently.

This software takes the headache out of calendaring deadlines for me - very reliable

Not having to double check deadlines

Pros

This software is very easy to use. You do not need extensive training to use this product. I love it!

Cons

I do not like the appointment time field - you cannot tab to it and add info from your keyboard easily because of the : that is pre populated in the field

Lissette from Boesen Law, LLC

Deadlines matter!

LawToolBox fills a need. We are happy to have a powerful safety net and tool backing us up. We don't miss deadlines as a team because of the functionality LawToolBox provides.

Pros

LawToolBox is extremely important to our practice as it auto calculates deadlines and calendars them for you/the team. It keeps us in compliance with state rules.

Cons

It seems to only run on outlook and that computer usually has to remain on to keep synchronizing.

Linda from Richards and Simpson

Best legal software! Best company!

This software is the best legal support software on the market. This company is the best with tech support, customer service, billing, etc. There are many, many companies out there that would do well to model themselves after this company.

Pros

It is so easy to use, follow, and understand. This software saves me at least 10 minutes per case per day.

Cons

I want to enter the date that I want the diary to appear as opposed to their automatic 7 day format.

Chris from Springer & Steinberg, P.C.

LawToolBox provides an easy and functional way to track litigation matter calendars.

Efficient form of establishing an initial case calendar in state and federal court.

Pros

The software is user friendly, allows for editing trigger dates, and comes with accessible customer service for those tricky questions / situations.

Cons

There is a certain amount of personal oversight required to ensure that the automatically generated dates are correct and not duplicative of those issued by the court.

Carol from Chipman Glasser

Docketing

Keeping case calendars is essential and LawToolBox is a great way to keep track of all the deadlines and also having the email alerts is extremely helpful.

Pros

Ease of use - adding entries and having the ability to edit the entries as the case progresses is one of the best tools.

Cons

I didn't like the pop up options for tutorials, but reached out to the support team and that was taken care of quickly.

Jeanne from Gerash Steiner PC

It's all right.

knowing that all of my deadlines, even the hidden ones, are on my calendar, is a great benefit. But that's what the program is designed to do, so it should be a benefit.

Pros

appears to keep up with the latest rule changes so I dont have to. And when it does run correctly, I know I have all of the important deadlines on my computer and on my phone.

Cons

it locks up my computer or shuts down too frequently.

Jennifer from The Harris Law Firm PC

I use this daily and find it easy and useful

Pros

That is calculates the deadlines for me automatically, that it is easy to use and that it can be shared with others within the firm

Cons

That is does not calculate all deadlines automatically. For instance, when a hearing is approaching the deadline to respond to motions changes. This program does not automatically calculate that so I have to do it myself

Tamara from Keating Wagner Polidori Free, P.C.

It is always reliable

Not having to count days on a calendar

Pros

Law Tool Box is always up to date on any rule changes. Customer service is very responsive and goes above and beyond to help resolve an issue.

Cons

The administrator functions are not intuitive. The Firm Admin should be able to add or remove attorneys to existing assistants logins

Nicole from Haddon, Morgan and Foreman, PC

Industry: Law Practice

I use this product for civil litigation purposes, in different federal jurisdictions

Familiarity with local and federal rules

Pros

Motion tracking, I like that is has the capability to incorporate local rules so that you are in compliance with all deadlines.

Cons

The suggested deadlines, sometimes don't apply. I find that most of the suggested deadlines do not pertain to the cases we are calendaring for.

Lisa from Harding & Associates, P.C.

LawToolBox is very user friendly, but some of the form templates can use updating. I do wish there w

Calendaring, calendaring and calendaring

Pros

Ease of use for deadlines and modifying deadlines. Would like to have a pre-lit category instead of the work around currently available.

Cons

Forms have to be modified significantly when created as far as margins, headers, page numbers, etc.

Linda from The Prendergast Law Firm, P.C.

Industry: Law Practice

I have worked in the legal field for 42 years. This is the best docketing software I have ever used

Pros

Fast, efficient and convenient. The providers are amazing at keeping up with the laws and deadlines associated therewith.

Cons

Sometimes Integrated Deadlines doesn't work, which could be very detrimental in missing a deadline, if you don't pay attention.

Mary from Fuicelli & Lee, P.C.

This is easy to use and keeps us on task.

Pros

I like how easy data is to input information and the ability to sync with our calendar. I like being able to download the deadline chart to our computer and print it out for ease of reference. Having templates available, even though I don't use them very often, is reassuring and when I have used them, invaluable. There has been a time when I accidentially closed a file too soon. It was very easy to return it to current status.

Cons

I would like to see the number of days from trial put in with the description of the deadline - you used to do this and it was very helpful.

Jenny from Zaner Harden Law, LLP

We use Lawtoolbox as out main litigation software. It is helpful for smaller firms looking to save money.

Pros

The ease of use and reliability of the software is incredible. I don't have to worry that I'll miss a deadline.

Cons

The automatic running deadlines don't change when one deadline is extended. This can make the deadlines tedious to update.

Lisa from Jonsen Law Firm LLC

Switch from regular LTB to 365

Pros

I like the regular version better and liked that layout better! Customer service has been helpful most of the time.

Cons

Training could be a little better on the new 365 software - i had to learn it fairly quickly and it was a short video.

Toni from Fowler Schimberg Flanagan & McLetchie

Toni Cruz

Pros

Easy to use - tutorial is great for new persons just starting to use the program

Cons

It does not allow you to do 3 day reminders, only 7 days reminders. So I use Outlook for the 3 day calendar reminder which most firms really use.

Casandra from Jones & Keller

Takes time to get the hang of it but is very helpful once you do.

Pros

It is very good at updating rules as soon as they are in effect. Has a misc deadline option so you can calendar something case-related that isn't necessarily a deadline.

Cons

It's not very intuitive. You don't know exactly what a deadline will look like on the deadline chart until you've already submitted it. Although you can check off deadlines or hide them, you can't always straight up delete them. No choice about which deadlines will show up on chart if you enter, for example, an "at issue" date.

Gin from Lyons Gaddis Kahn Hall Jeffers Dworak & Grant PC

Industry: Law Practice

I like using Law Tool Box. It has been an effective tracking system since we started using it.

Deadline Tracking and Forms

Pros

I like the fact that the program computes the CRCP deadines for each specific case and other deadlines that are added. I also like the forms templates and have used alot of them.

Cons

The cost per client. When we get a case we have to determine cost effectiveness because the fee is billed to client.

Jennifer from Davis & Ceriani, P.C.

LawToolBox makes tracking many cases much easier.

Saved time. More accurate tracking of cases.

Pros

Enter one trigger date and LTB fills in the rest. The correct people in my firm then get the dates and deadlines automatically on their calendars. It saves a lot of time.

Cons

Often cases have special circumstances, extended deadlines, etc., and so there are often situations that LawToolBox can't automatically input dates and deadlines based on one trigger date. It is important to still check the rules and make sure the dates that LTB came up with are correct for your case.

Gözde from Lebib Yalkin

Worth to try

It is good to use both Office365 and add-on. Reminding and reporting features are good.

Pros

An easy to integrate tool. I'm the only one in the office right now. If I have a good experience with this program, I would like to talk to my managers and add this tool to our toolkit.

Cons

The price is slightly higher in my country due to exchange rate. $ 19 a month is a little too much to give to an application in my country.

Larry from Mehaffy Weber, PC.

Industry: Law Practice

Law Toolbox makes it simple to keep up with deadlines

A great safetool for paralegals to keep on top of docketing deadlines.

Pros

No more using discovery wheels or desk calendars to calculate deadlines...Law ToolBox does it for you.

Cons

It figures some deadlines that are not actually necessary.

Phil from Shuey Robinson

I have used Law ToolBox, both during evaluations for clients, and with my actual cases.

The ability to have an accurate deadline calendar (including modifications, when current deadlines are altered) is invaluable. Paired with the ability to have a strong start on any forms which are linked to a deadline (by the provision of preliminary formats) is a real timesaver. Finally, since the cost is modest, it is a very appropriate cost to pass on to the client (assuming that this does not conflict with any fee agreement).

Pros

The integration of deadlines (including the use of the latest local Court rules) with pro forma documents provides a n excellent deadline chart, notification tool, and time-saver in preparing the requisite forms.

Cons

The navigation is a bit disappointing. It should be far easier to access desired areas under cases than it is. Compared to contemporary navigation in most software, it does fall a bit behind.

Marisa from Dagner Schluter Mitzner Werber, LLC

Review by MShowalter@LawInColorado.com

Pros

It calculates deadlines quickly, and syncs with my Outlook.

Cons

Trigger dates are critical, but I wish there was a way to hide trigger dates on my Outlook task list.

Alicia from Law Office of A.L. Hinton

Industry: Law Practice

Product is useless and customer service terrible. I give it negative stars.

Although I'm told that this tool works ok with MS-Outlook, Outlook is not a calendaring tool that I want to use in addition to my case management software. The product does NOT fully integrate with PracticePanther to the point of uselessness. Also, the incorrect event names and descriptions are the same in both Panther and Outlook. These are the most basic errors that should have been caught well before the product was offered for sale. As a prior computer science engineer, I would call this product BETA. In my opinion, it is unethical for the company to charge for it. Each time I asked to cancel the product, the company wanted to schedule a meeting to discuss my concerns and promised to get back to me, only to leave me with the crickets.

Pros

What I THOUGHT I would like about this product is its claims of integration with my case management software, PracticePanther. But it doesn't. And they won't admit it.

Cons

If I could give no stars for this review, I would. LawToolBox will calculate dates and populate them into PracticePanther, but will not show the underlying statutes that are critical for an attorney. They have no user guide, so I can't look there. Some event names and descriptions are simply wrong. For example, the event may say last day to serve by mail, but the description shows a 2-day calculation for service by fax. The names of the events are pre-pended with special codes that make no sense, such as /, +, >. There are too many problems to recount here. I raised these concerns within the first few weeks of using the product and eventually asked for a refund but they refuse. I am VERY disappointed in both the tool and the company.

Reasons for Choosing LawToolBox

It was the only calendaring option available for integration with Practice Panther.

Laura from Lohf Shaiman Jacobs Hyman & Feiger PC

LawToolBox

Overall, I am very happy with LawToolBox.

Pros

I love how LawToolBox automatically dockets the rules and give flexibility to change the deadlines and cite to the source for the changes. It has made my life easier.

Cons

We only use the docketing portion, even though LawToolBox offers so much more. Regardless, we pay the same price as if we were using all of its functionality.

Wendy from Benjamin Bain & Cohen

This was an easy software app to learn to use.

Pros

Reliability of calendar notifications is THE best and the cross reference to applicable statutory rules helps when a question arises as to appropriate reference.

Cons

A better system to close the case would be helpful so that users in the future who may need access will be able to easily locate the data.

Karin from Brown & Kannady LLC

Industry: Law Practice

Reliable online software for docketing and creating litigation forms.

Pros

Ability to access and create forms that I may not have in my own file. Ability to find deadlines and rules relating to the deadlines for cross reference.

Cons

I least like when rules are out of date or incorrect and have not been updated.

Sherrie from Boesen Law, LLC

I have used Law Tool Box for years at various firms. It is a valuable tool I need for my job.

Pros

That it keeps track of deadlines and sends timely reminders, on which we rely. I also like the ease in editing the Deadline Chart.

Cons

I think there are too many sections to enter dates when opening a new case. I don't use all of them. Maybe others do.

Brenda from Lewis Bess Williams & Weese PC

Too many deadlines that don't apply. Not available in various states we litigate in.

Pros

Rules ( in case you need to determine where the deadline came from or what It relates to); templates; automatic calendaring suggestions once the at issue date is known i.e. you can basically add directly from the scheduling order.

Cons

Too many deadlines appear that do not relate to the case. LTB does not recognize many of the different states we litigate in for that particular states rules/deadlines.

Sherrie from Waas Campbell Rivera Johnson & Velasquez LLP

Industry: Law Practice

LawToolBox is a great tool when it is updated and working correctly.

It is a great tool for calculating and double checking deadlines in litigation.

Pros

The deadlines are calculated instantly. It is a great tool to double check computing deadlines and I appreciate the reference to court statutes.

Cons

As new statutes arise, LawToolBox seems to have difficulty keeping up with the new changes and/or amendments. LawToolBox needs to update their program more quickly.

Lydia from Charles Welton, P.C.

We really like LawToolBox and use it every day for forms, research, deadlines, etc.

Pros

The assurance that a deadline will not be missed which is the most important in a civil litigation practice such as ours.

Cons

I wish they would implement a cost-per-case. Always having to purchase in six case increments is sometimes inconvenient.

Wanda from Otten Johnson Robinson Neff & Ragonetti

Easy to keep track of deadlines.

Don't have to spend time docketing an event and then also putting it on my calendar and sending invites to others.

Pros

Automatically puts docketed dates on calendar so I don't have to docket the date and then also add it to the calendar and send calendar invites.

Cons

Haven't encountered any yet as I've only been using it for a little over a year. Seems to work good.

Michelle from TNS Associates

Industry: Law Practice

LawToolBox helped us centralize litigation case information

No missing deadlines because of the calendar feature, ease of getting some forms as well.

Pros

This software interacts with our Outlook calendars for setting court deadlines so we don't miss them.

Cons

After initial set up which they handle for you after that you are on your own handling administration, adding/removing users, removing cases, etc.

Monique from Betts Patterson Mines

I'd love to use it

Wish I could get a single license just for me to double check my docketing.

Pros

I loved that you could access multiple jurisdictions - we have many, many states that we practice in, along with Federal and Appellate Courts.

Cons

They would only sell me a subscription based on the total number of attorneys in the entire firm, not just a single license for my use in double checking docketing entries. Would love to use it, but I need a single license for now, and that was a no go.

Reasons for Switching to LawToolBox

ProLaw is just not very flexible on how you make the entries/synchronize with Outlook. Too bad I am unable to continue beyond the free trial day.

Shawna from The O'Connell Law Firm

Industry: Law Practice

I would not be able to track litigation deadlines as easily without this program!

Litigation deadline calendaring is the best part of this software.

Pros

I appreciate that LTB syncs with Google calendar and that a pleading template is attached to the deadline in the calendar.

Cons

Initial case set up is a bit confusing at first until you get the hang of it. However, customer support is exceptional and someone is always available to walk me through a problem.

Michele's review

I like the calculation of dates feature - I have found it to be unerringly accurate.

Pros

The automatic calculation of dates - it saves a great amount of time.

Cons

It is not always intuitive to use; for example, if I close without logging out, it takes a few steps to get back to the file I was in.

Integration Softwares for Lawyers

Pros

This software helps to integrate all of the various softwares my firm used to run our practice. It makes everyday tasks much more manageable!

Cons

We had a difficult time installing the software and training some employees on its uses.

Graham from A Southern California Law Firm

Strait-Forward, No Gimicks and Basic

While Lawtoolbox will effectively assist with legal case management, it is very basic and not always easy to follow in terms of imputing control dates. However, once you get the hang of it, it is a nice piece of insurance to know that the program will determine your jurisdiction and thereby input all sorts of statutory deadlines depending on which court you are in. Also handy is the email alerts which sync with your calendar and sends an email warning of pending deadlines. A law office can never have too many layers of calendar management.

Pros

Calendar/Deadline syncing. Automatically determines jurisdictional court deadlines.

Cons

Not as user-friendly or intuitive as some other case management applications.

Brooke from DHI GROUP, Inc

Great For Deadlines

Pros

Law toolbox is integrated with Office365 so it links to my calendar and automatically reminds me as court deadlines come up based on the specifics of my case. Awesome tool!

Bettye from Denver Bar Ass'n

Favorable

Time saving for calculations

Pros

I like this software because (1) ease of use; (2) user friendly program; (3) good tutorials to guide the user through the program

Cons

Appears to have a few bugs when calculating trigger dates; problems when marking entry as "done" - entry still appears on download and unable to delete

Norah from Davis & Ceriani, PC

Industry: Law Practice

Good overall for Colorado state cases

Pros

Reliability for calendaring Colorado state cases. Ability to export out deadlines charts for litigation matters.

Cons

Lack of compatibility for some types of cases (ICAO appeals, etc.) Can be clunky when more than two parties are involved as far as setting trigger dates.