All LawToolBox Reviews

Reviewed March 2018

I have used Law Tool Box for a number of years and hope to never have to change!

An easy to use and reliable docketing program

PROS

Law Tool Box is a reliable docketing program that is easy to use. An added plus is the links to state and federal rules of civil procedure.

CONS

Deadlines do not automatically synch to your calendar without the use of Office 365. I would like to see improvements with the deadline "hide" feature.

Nicole

Law Practice, 51-200 employees

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Reviewed November 2021

Best for Legal Docketing

The firm's docketing system was outdated, complex and not compliant. LawToolBox solved all of these issues which

PROS

This product makes it easy to keep track of deadlines and be in compliance

CONS

n/a - I have no cons for LTB. It does what it is supposed to do.

Reasons for switching to LawToolBox

I used LTB at all my previous firms and in order to be efficient in litigation, the firm needed to switch to a better system

Mellissa

Legal Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Amazing feature, but not helpful in Texas cases

I would really love to see more Texas based deadline sets so that I could utilize this feature more.

PROS

Having case deadline automatically calculate and integrate with Outlook saves so much time!

CONS

There are very little Texas based deadline options and you can not customize your own deadline set.

Linda

Reviewed March 2018

I am a long time user and fan of LTB.

Accuracy on deadline calculations and a huge savings in time which increased productivity.

PROS

After hand calculating deadlines for many, many years, I am very happy to have been introduced to LTB. It saves an incredible amount of time, is very easy to use, and makes recalculating deadlines so easy. It also has a lot of great forms and if you ever have a question, customer service responds quickly, is extremely knowledgeable about their product and gets the problem fixed.

CONS

The real estate calculator doesn't help our firm much and we have contacted LTB who is working on some changes so that we can use it in the state of Colorado.

Van

Reviewed March 2018

I enjoy working with Law Toolbox for the ease of docketing deadlines.

PROS

It automatically generates deadlines and puts them in outlook. This makes my job function quicker and easier since I don't have to populate the dates after a Complaint is filed.

CONS

It populates deadlines that I don't always need. The attorneys don't want unnecessary deadlines clogging their outlook calendars.

Thank you for your review! In response to your comment, "It populates deadlines that I don't always need. The attorneys don't want unnecessary deadlines clogging their outlook calendars", this is actually one of the top features that sets us apart from all other docketing solutions. In LawToolBox you have the ability to hide ANY deadline that does not apply to your case. Even better, you can now set a template that automatically hides the deadlines every time you set up a case, so you don┬┐t have to hide them individually every time. If there is one instance where an automatically hidden deadlines applies, you can just reactivate in that one case. Hope this helps! Thank you for being a valued LawToolBox customer!

Replied September 2018

Reviewed March 2018

Works great for standard District Court matters, although it could be more intuitive.

It works great as off-site docketing software. It is easy to use (i.e., requires little time to set up each case), and sends reminders regularly and consistently.

PROS

It is easy to use and takes very little training. Even someone with (basically) no legal background would be able to figure it out and successfully use it.

CONS

County Court actions are not included. New tracking features are added periodically, and it would be great if County Court actions could be added in the near future!

Shannon

Law Practice, 51-200 employees

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Reviewed November 2021

Law Tool Box is Amazing

I love it. It's the best calendaring tool I've used in 20 years of working in law firms. The customer service is amazing.

PROS

It's user-friendly, the customer support is amazing, and it's the best value for the money.

CONS

It's sometimes a little confusing but the amazing support makes it better.

Reason for choosing LawToolBox

Law Tool Box had the features we wanted most. Its integration with Microsoft and the genuineness of its staff in wanting to provide the best product possible. They made an entirely new rule set for us and worked with us as a nonprofit.

Reasons for switching to LawToolBox

Cost and ease of use.

Lissette

Reviewed December 2018

Deadlines matter!

LawToolBox fills a need. We are happy to have a powerful safety net and tool backing us up. We don't miss deadlines as a team because of the functionality LawToolBox provides.

PROS

LawToolBox is extremely important to our practice as it auto calculates deadlines and calendars them for you/the team. It keeps us in compliance with state rules.

CONS

It seems to only run on outlook and that computer usually has to remain on to keep synchronizing.

Cindy

Reviewed March 2018

Litigation deadline calendaring with ease and accuracy!

Peace of mind and professionalism knowing that my deadlines are calculated correctly.

PROS

The presumptive deadlines automatically calculating per court jurisdiction. Likewise, the ease with adding division specific and case management deadlines.

CONS

I'd like the rule Authority link to take me to the exact cite rather than just the main C.R.C.P. table of contents requiring that I navigate to the rule independently.

Reviewed June 2018

This software takes the headache out of calendaring deadlines for me - very reliable

Not having to double check deadlines

PROS

This software is very easy to use. You do not need extensive training to use this product. I love it!

CONS

I do not like the appointment time field - you cannot tab to it and add info from your keyboard easily because of the : that is pre populated in the field

Laura

Reviewed March 2018

Cannot do my job quickly and accurately without Law ToolBox!

Efficiency, accuracy and peace of mind when tracking deadline.

PROS

It is easy to set up a case with expedited setup. Can do regular setup if needed. The dates calculate accurately. I like the reminders send to Outlook.

CONS

No way to make a deadlines chart for a period of time showing only cases for one attorney, and exclude all the other attorney's cases. Wish I could track the same Complaint served on multiple defendants and their individual deadlines for Answers and account for any Extensions of time granted a bit more easily. Right now I just manually make a deadline for each, or edit those I input prior. Wish I had "Date of Mediation" among the other trigger dates. Wish I knew how to create custom reports filtered for my attorney and her cases.

Alicia

Law Practice, 2-10 employees

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed March 2021

Product is useless and customer service terrible. I give it negative stars.

Although I'm told that this tool works ok with MS-Outlook, Outlook is not a calendaring tool that I want to use in addition to my case management software. The product does NOT fully integrate with PracticePanther to the point of uselessness. Also, the incorrect event names and descriptions are the same in both Panther and Outlook. These are the most basic errors that should have been caught well before the product was offered for sale. As a prior computer science engineer, I would call this product BETA. In my opinion, it is unethical for the company to charge for it. Each time I asked to cancel the product, the company wanted to schedule a meeting to discuss my concerns and promised to get back to me, only to leave me with the crickets.

PROS

What I THOUGHT I would like about this product is its claims of integration with my case management software, PracticePanther. But it doesn't. And they won't admit it.

CONS

If I could give no stars for this review, I would. LawToolBox will calculate dates and populate them into PracticePanther, but will not show the underlying statutes that are critical for an attorney. They have no user guide, so I can't look there. Some event names and descriptions are simply wrong. For example, the event may say last day to serve by mail, but the description shows a 2-day calculation for service by fax. The names of the events are pre-pended with special codes that make no sense, such as /, +, >. There are too many problems to recount here. I raised these concerns within the first few weeks of using the product and eventually asked for a refund but they refuse. I am VERY disappointed in both the tool and the company.

Reason for choosing LawToolBox

It was the only calendaring option available for integration with Practice Panther.

Diane

Reviewed March 2018

My experience with the LTB software has been great.

This software help me do my job and be a better paralegal. I don't have to spend my time in this busy office hand calculating and calendaring deadlines.This software helps me keep our team more efficient by using the reports.

PROS

It takes the guess work out of calendaring and provides peace of mind. It is easy to use and easy to teach others.

CONS

We do not have Integrated Deadlines and I don't like how I have to "update" to get things on the calendar and the process I have to go through to change a date or cancel a date. I think that should be all part of the software.

Linda

Legal Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2018

Best legal software! Best company!

This software is the best legal support software on the market. This company is the best with tech support, customer service, billing, etc. There are many, many companies out there that would do well to model themselves after this company.

PROS

It is so easy to use, follow, and understand. This software saves me at least 10 minutes per case per day.

CONS

I want to enter the date that I want the diary to appear as opposed to their automatic 7 day format.

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2018

LawToolBox provides an easy and functional way to track litigation matter calendars.

Efficient form of establishing an initial case calendar in state and federal court.

PROS

The software is user friendly, allows for editing trigger dates, and comes with accessible customer service for those tricky questions / situations.

CONS

There is a certain amount of personal oversight required to ensure that the automatically generated dates are correct and not duplicative of those issued by the court.

Sherrie

Reviewed March 2018

LawToolBox is a great tool when it is updated and working correctly.

It is a great tool for calculating and double checking deadlines in litigation.

PROS

The deadlines are calculated instantly. It is a great tool to double check computing deadlines and I appreciate the reference to court statutes.

CONS

As new statutes arise, LawToolBox seems to have difficulty keeping up with the new changes and/or amendments. LawToolBox needs to update their program more quickly.

darren

Law Practice, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Implementation and adjustments should be easier

PROS

Automatic date calculation is very useful

CONS

Errors in automatic date calculation and difficulty adding new employees

Carol