• Pros

• "The program is very easy to use, and interfaces with quick books."

• "The ease of features is my favorite thing. It is a very straight forward and easy to understand program that has been invaluable to the practice."

• "Very simple to use. Simple layout that doesn’t have clutter. It’s very intuitive and easy. "

• Cons

• "There are a couple of reports that would be more useful if some of the content was able to be "drilled down" into for additional details, but other than that there are no complaints. "

• "Some technical difficulties/error messages but is quickly rectified by customer support"

• "The only thing I don't like about the software is that I don't have 1000 clients yet and a billion in operating. Like anything, it takes some time to get used to, but that is no fault of LeanLaw."

Browse LeanLaw Reviews

Wm Paul from Kirkpatrick DuBois & Slough PLC

Simple, easy to use, outstanding value

Excellent. Highly recommend for small to mid-sized law firms.

Pros

This software only does what it needs to do: time and billing. And it does a fantastic job at it. The interface is simple and easy to learn for users. It is also very fast and responsive. Yet it also support numerous features, such as LEDES, contingencies, and flat fee work. Great integration with Quickbooks Online. Online availability makes it cross-platform and available anywhere. Trust accounting is a snap. Customer support is excellent. And the price is a fraction of other online providers!

Cons

We encountered a couple small issues but the LeanLaw team addressed them very quickly.

Reasons for Switching to LeanLaw

Tried a few solutions after PCLaw; nothing has come close to our experience with LeanLaw.

Ian from Strype Barristers LLP

LL Review

Overall it has been pretty good, there are a lot of useful features and is mostly much faster than PCLaw. I would like to see a few more features but I know a lot of things are being developed so that's good. I really like the response time when asking questions and how it seems that staff really takes your suggestions seriously and implements changes based on them. For things like QBO it's impossible to get your suggestions listened to quickly so I really like how LL does that.

Pros

I like that it is cloud-based and online, this way we can use it from anywhere. This makes it easier for the timekeepers to post their dockets and for me to use it from home. I also like how quick it is to run reports on expenses and time, in PCLaw it could take up to half an hour to run a report that with Leanlaw takes a few seconds.

Cons

Billing, I know they're working towards adding a select/deselect-all function so I don't have to remove thousands of entries slowly which is good. I do find when we have a large invoice with a lot of entries it is extremely slow and close to unusable. I would like to see more reports, specifically seeing what our WIP and Expenses were at a specific date. Right now setting the date parameters still excludes everything billed after that date, but we need to see it as if it was that date for our financial statements, so that is a big issue for our firm. I would also like to see more features for writing off invoices. Right now you can do it with QBO but then when running reports it still shows those times as being billed, which can be an issue when we base bonuses off billings, since those weren't actually billed but written off.

Reasons for Switching to LeanLaw

PCLaw was old and not very user-friendly. It was running slowly and they rarely updated it. It was difficult for the timekeepers to post their dockets. We also wanted a cloud-based system so we could access it from anywhere.

MARIA from Lebenbom & Rothman, PC

Customer Service is TOP

Had an employee resign and was given a quick tutorial to get us through the week.

Pros

Movement of invoices into another software for sending to clients & expense tracking. We still utilize Quickbooks.

Cons

I do not care for the double screens after login. Two tabs are opened which bothers my OCD and I immediately close the one non-essential window.

Gregory from Salvato Law Offices

Inflexibility with Billing Format

Generally worked well but the inability to control the output of our bills was a deal killer.

Pros

Worked well with QuickBooks, generally. Timesheets were easy to use

Cons

Could not format the billing statement to our liking. Not flexible at all. Not being able to change the look of our bills was very problematic.

Wanted to integrate with QuickBooks Online

Response from LeanLaw

Replied November 2020

We appreciate the challenges with invoice presentation. The challenge is our integration with QuickBooks Online and its limitations based on form style. LeanLaw has filled the feature gap by adding specific features for invoice presentation. You can add the Matter Name or responsible attorney to the invoice header. We allow for combining time entries in a single day. Separating billable vs. non-billable ok aggregating the items. We have added the trust transaction activity into the invoice memo, and we have created invoice sections so that you can clearly communicate the fees vs. expenses on an invoice. We even have a summary invoice that allows for a single invoice summarized by the contributor. We attach an Excel file to the invoice to ensure your client has the necessary details. We are working closely with Intuit to improve the invoice style forms and make them even more catered to law firms. We're sorry LeanLaw wasn't awesome here, but we will keep improving.

Alicia from Burkhalter Law

Industry: Law Practice

I highly recommend LeanLaw!

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helped me with the initial trial as I was deciding which software to implement for our new firm. She answered my questions and really took the time to understand our needs. I've enjoyed the monthly tutorials, as they provide detail on various topics in LeanLaw and update us on what's next. They're a forward-thinking and customer-oriented company.

Pros

The software is cloud-based, so it's easily accessible via the internet and mobile app. It connects with QuickBooks Online seamlessly, which helps avoid the timely duplication we experienced with our previous software. It is also very user-friendly.

Cons

Some reports aren't as build-out as we'd like them to be. However, the LeanLaw team listens to the users and makes adjustments along the way to get the information needed.

Reasons for Choosing LeanLaw

Integration with QBO, internet/cloud-based, ease of use, superior customer service and forward-thinking mentality of company.

Reasons for Switching to LeanLaw

In starting a new firm, we felt it was a great opportunity to research billing programs. While some have practice management add-ons, we didn't feel that fit our business model. We don't necessarily want to commit to using a high-priced software with practice management because we don't have a need for it. We felt it was best to choose a program that only handled billing but handled it really well! We found that with LeanLaw.

Charles from Stephens & Klinge LLP

LeanLaw is great.

Excellent. I contact customer support sometimes and they are responsive and personable.

Pros

LeanLaw is intuitive and simple. LeanLaw seems to have been set up with great attention to how attorneys actually work.

Cons

I can't think of anything I don't like about Lean Law.

Reasons for Choosing LeanLaw

LeanLaw was straight forward and delivered what it promised.

Reasons for Switching to LeanLaw

ProLaw was way too expensive especially considering the hardware server requirements. Plus, ProLaw was too complicated.

Deborah from Williamson Health Law

Industry: Law Practice

I don't know how my business functioned before Lean Law.

The customer service and support is amazing.

Pros

The timekeeping features give attorneys everything they need to manage tracking billable hours. That it is integrated with Quickbooks is an amazing feature.

Cons

The cost of LeanLaw is a bit higher than some of the practice management software I considered previously. But it's worth it.

Reasons for Choosing LeanLaw

Because it coordinated with Quickbooks. This made it possible for me to delegate more to my bookkeeper and CPA.

Albert from Person, Mohrer, Morales, Boddy, Garcia & Gutierrez, PLLC

Know Your Business

Understanding who is producing, where they are producing, and who is responsible for clients all come together with QuickBooks and the bottom line.

Pros

It works great with QuickBooks and it tells us how we are doing for out monthly billing.

Cons

I am not a fan of the app on my phone. it needs to be easier to enter time. There seems to be a limit on the amount of text.

QuickBooks recommended

Reasons for Switching to LeanLaw

I wanted something that connected to my back office.

Mitchell from Kearns Law Firm

LeanLaw Review

I have really enjoyed this product. I really don't have too many complaints about this product.

Pros

I enjoy the ease of use and the integration with Quickbooks. LeanLaw takes the stress out of accounting for lawyers. The customer service is always excellent.

Cons

It's not very intuitive and there isn't a place to store client documents within the software.

Reasons for Choosing LeanLaw

It was cheaper and virtually did the same thing as Clio, minus the document storage and unneeded features for a solo-practice.

Christine from Dunbar Harder PLLC

Game changer

Really great product, great customer service

Pros

Cloud-based system, easy to use, easy to review and edit my team's time entries. Easy to track time.

Cons

No cons for me

Reasons for Switching to LeanLaw

Timeslips sucks - not intuitive, not easy to use, not easy to review or edit time

Astrid from Mrkich Law

Industry: Law Practice

Simple tools for a good price.

It has been good. I much prefer it to the other systems I've used, b/c it is more cost effective and does what I need it to do.

Pros

I like that the service doesn't have too many bells and whistles. All I need it for is time tracking and submitting bills/invoices to Quickbooks. I used to use a different software for my firm and it had way too many functions (none of which I ever used) and as such, the price was very high and not worth it for me.

Cons

I have problems when implementing specific time entries. For example: if you try and log a quarter of an hour (0.25) or 3 quarters of an hour (0.75) in your time entries, you won't be able to submit the bill to quickbooks - I think b/c the system doesn't recognize past one decimal place. This is frustrating b/c I often deal in 0.25 or 0.75, and it means I have to go back and edit and change a bunch of entries which is a waste of my time. I also don't love the look/aesthetic of the program, but that doesn't really matter very much.

Cost.

Cost.

Response from LeanLaw

Replied November 2020

Hey Astrid, thank you so much for your response! We appreciate your feedback on our product, as it helps us grow and improve. Our team has taken note of your experience, and is fixing the decimal issue. If you are willing to share any more feedback we welcome it. Thanks!

Kevin from Leitao Law LLC

Industry: Law Practice

Intuitive product and great customer support

Very positive. They helped me very quickly and confidently launch my solo law practice in 2017. When I relaunched the practice in 2020, all of my information was restored automatically. It was very easy and a great relief.

Pros

The product is easy to set up and easy to use. The integration with Quickbooks is great - it made it possible for me to confidently use Quickbooks, which I had never used before. The team is very responsive to customer service questions and any questions/issues are very quickly addressed. They are great communicators.

Cons

I don't have any criticisms but my law practice is not very complex.

Reasons for Choosing LeanLaw

I liked the monthly subscription pricing and the easy integration with QuickBooks. I was also able to speak with someone from the company and they had very good practical advice for launching my law practice with their product and with Quickbooks. I felt confident after speaking with them.

S. Jeffrey from Gately & Morris, P,C.

Fits the Bill

My experience has been very very good overall. I have only needed customer service once or twice over the past year or so I have used the product and both times, LeanLaw was extremely responsive and helpful.

Pros

I chose LeanLaw because it works with my Mac based systems, integrates very easily with Quickbooks, and has a very easy to use interface for my desktop which I use all day every day.

Cons

I would like a little more ability to customize some things.

Reasons for Switching to LeanLaw

I couldn't integrate Billings Pro with Quickbooks and I got to the point where I just felt I could no longer trust the product.

Aaron from Todrin Law, LLC

Industry: Law Practice

I'm a solo practitioner and LeanLaw provides exactly what I need from billing to IOLTA management.

The ability to track, monitor, and control my business.

Pros

The intuitive nature of the software is excellent. Like any software, it takes some getting used to, and there will be bumps and hiccups along the way, but once you figure it all and get comfortable with the platform, it is a pleasure to use. The streamlined process from setting up trust to entering time to billing the client couldn't be more straight forward. If you take a retainer first, and bill the client against the retainer, or just bill your client and accept payment after, LeanLaw accommodates all arrangements. In addition, the seamless and real-time integration with Quickbooks Online makes this software truly special. To be able to get a snapshot of my business at all times, and see exactly where I am at financially and billing with all my clients gives me an incredible advantage when running my business. Lastly, the customer support is stellar. LeanLaw support is always ready to help, and they are patient and efficient, no matter how simple the problem seems. As a solo practitioner, I was very nervous to start my own practice, and LeanLaw has made it worlds easier. I recommend this software to anyone and everyone.

Cons

Response from LeanLaw

Replied February 2019

Thanks for the review, Aaron! Glad you're enjoying the software

Gregory from Law

Industry: Law Practice

Good product;great integration with Quickbooks; great, personalized customer service.

Pros

It's easy to learn and use. The web-based interface is clean and simple and easy to read and use. It handles both time entry, billing, and trust accounting, which is essential because Quickbooks either doesn't do those things, or does them so poorly that it's impossible to figure out. However, Leanlaw's Quickbooks integration is excellent and reliable. I learned how to use Quickbooks and Leanlaw at the same time, and have found it easier than I expected. Quickbooks is a much more complex system, but Leanlaw does a good job of keeping Leanlaw separate but perfectly integrated. I've been impressed with it.

Cons

More of a bug than a dislike, but if you let it sit open in your browser for a while, it will let you type in a time entry or expense entry, and only after you hit "Enter" will it tell you that you need to login again and you've lost your entry.

Reasons for Switching to LeanLaw

PC Law was archaic and integrated with nothing, and very difficult to administer and update. I also wanted accounting software that worked with my bank so that I wouldn't have to re-enter all the bank transactions into the accounting software. Once I decided that, Leanlaw was BY FAR the best option with Quickbooks integration.

Alexzander from Gonano & Harrell

Great product overall

Overall, I am pleased Leanlaw. We have been using it for over a year now, and we still have some kinks to workout. Overall, I believe that the Leanlaw training process could be much more streamlined.

Pros

It is fairly easy to use and integrates with quickbooks online.

Cons

I am not really proficient in quickbooks and I think that the software would be more useful to me if I knew qbo better

the qbo integration

Reasons for Switching to LeanLaw

We did not like tabs at all, and did not feel that it worked well.

Kennedy from Lee Kiefer & Park

Great Software

Pros

LeanLaw is great for our firm because it does not have all the extra bells and whistles of other programs. I find that these other options are rarely used and unnecessarily complicate the software.

Cons

It would be nice to have a dashboard with general info about the current monthly status of the firm and billings.

Reasons for Switching to LeanLaw

PCLaw was archaic and difficult to use. It lacked the ability to provide useful reports.

Amy from Holt Legal Group

Lean Law Review

Our time keeping ability is much improved from Juris and the attorneys are more involved by entering their own (most) time. I have really enjoyed the lean law staff and I wish they were standalone and didnt need QBO online cause it sucks!

Pros

The help from customer service and on-boarding. they were always available to help me until we got up and running. The software is very user friendy.

Cons

So far there is not much i dont like. I think that is there was one thing I could change it would be printing options. Example, from trust you cant print a report that looks suited to submit. The reports arent labeled what they are. Example: print of timekeepers time has no label ...this year? Last year? date range?

Response from LeanLaw

Replied February 2019

Amy, LeanLaw just released a new and updated reporting engine. This directly resolves the formatting concerns you articulated in your response. It also added a more robust and real-time revenue by attorney report. Thanks for your work and feedback.

Alessandra from Forward Law Firm, P.A.

Decent legal management software

Pros

It's quite simple to navigate the surface-level features of the program such as adding a new client, matter, or depositing to a client's trust account.

Cons

The Quickbooks integration can be difficult to navigate, and anytime you need to make a change to an invoice, you have to do so in QBO. It cannot be done in Lean Law. The interface is also pretty dated and reminds me of an old school software program.

Quickbooks integration

Keith from Christina A. Ciceron, APC

User Friendly and Cost Effective

See pros above!

Pros

LeanLaw streamlined our billing process, allowing easy integration with QuickBooks. This made our entire firm more productive, from preparing readable invoices to working with bookkeepers and tax professionals in ensuring our records were accurate.

Cons

There are a few macros that continue to be tweaked by LeanLaw, which we understand is an ongoing process. We would love to see a feature where simple math calculations are performed (e.g. mileage, copies, etc.). LeanLaw has been very receptive to our ideas of making the overall product easier to navigatre.

Richard from Hunt Huey PLLC

Industry: Law Practice

Leanlaw is a great deal that needs a little improvement

My overall experience has been very good. The customer support is fantastic and the product itself does just what small law firms like mine need.

Pros

Leanlaw's pricing is reasonable and it does what I need without too much fuss. It handles time tracking, new client/matter creation and monitoring of receivables in a reasonably easy to use fashion and, most important, interacts directly with QuickBooks Online in a very simple to use way.

Cons

The user interface needs some work. Trust accounting is a sub menu to Billing, but is really a distinct set of functions. The calendar feature is a good idea but doesn't relate to the actual periods of time during which a matter is being worked on. On/off switches or buttons for different matters would be helpful so that switching between matters was a little easier. Also, the ability to customize the trust reporting would be very helpful.

Response from LeanLaw

Replied February 2019

Hello Richard, you will see updates to the trust management in the next few months. It's slotted in our development schedule. High on the list is to bring trust management to the forefront of the product. In regards to your on/off switch, a matter can be archived. This will hide it from your day-to-day view but still have the data for reporting purposes. Any archived matter can easily be un-archived if a matter becomes active again.

Tracie from Affiliated Business Services

Extremely Versatile and Intuitive

The sales and support staff are wonderful to work with. It was an easy and quick transition.

Pros

This software is very user friendly and simple to use. Time entries flow seamlessly into the invoicing section which then flow into QuickBooks Online. Being able to see pertinent information within LeanLaw such as a/r reports, trust reports and billing info make it so handy to not have to leave the program and go into QBO separately. I love that you can create a client and have it automatically be added to the QBO customer list. Support staff is friendly, helpful and very responsive.

Lynda from Artesani Bookkeeping

My go to app for working with Law firms and QuickBooks Online

All of the law firms I work with use LeanLaw. We are even converting clients from desktop PC law to LeanLaw/QuickBooks Online. We are conversion specialists in moving law firm clients to the cloud.

Pros

It's ease of use. From the attorney's perspective, it is very intuitive. Produces high-quality invoices. From the Accountant's perspective, it works seamlessly with QuickBooks Online. I love the two-way sync and the billable expenses feature.

Cons

Nothing, the even have high-level customer service. Great app!

Paul from Augustine Law Offices, PLLC

Lean Law Saves Time and Money for Sole Practitioner

The software is easy to use, intuitive, and saves me time and money. Moving to the cloud has been the best decision I have ever made and Lean Law allowed me to do so. I highly recommend Lean Law to any firm looking for improved efficiency in timekeeping, billing and productivity. They have very responsive customer service should the need arise.

Pros

It is easy to use, integrates with Quickbooks for billing, allows me to access my timekeeping software from anywhere and has saved me time and money since I began using it. It is easy to use and very intuitive.

Cons

The online version of Quickbooks is more difficult to use than the computerized version.

Leanlaw works great for me

LeanLaw and Quickbooks Online allow me to handle all my billing, receivables, and accounting in a straightforward, understandable way. I am a sole practitioner and it saves me a lot of time with these tasks. Plus, the customer support is quick and responsive on those occasions when I need it!

Pros

Ease of use, customer support when needed, good integration with Quickbooks Online

Cons

Can't really think of anything negative.

Marie from Reitzer, Loudin & Montgomery, P C

LeanLaw is the only way to use QuickBooks Online for Law Office

We have found the company very responsive and helpful.

Pros

We decided to use QuickBooks Online for Attorneys and spent three months trying to make it work. Everything required "a work-around" to make it attorney-office friendly. LeanLaw puts a 'pretty face on QBO' in our CPA's words, by creating those work-arounds for you and translating everything to law office friendly language and processes. Asking for help and getting a REAL person in 5 minutes is amazing!

Cons

There is nothing about LeanLaw that we dislike.

Michael from Plummer and Farmer

LeanLaw Review

Good. Has allowed me to streamline time entry process and also review billings on a daily basis.

Pros

Ease of use. Allows me to enter and edit my time without involving support staff.

Cons

Editing of client information. Sometimes I have difficulty going back and changing client information, particularly file numbers, after entered into the system. Probably operator error.

Kelsey from Law for Conscious Leadership

Industry: Law Practice

Very user friendly and helpful

I was one of the first users and have seen how the company is dedicated to improving the product as it learns more. They are always available to troubleshoot and help me. It has helped me manage my solo practice.

Pros

I like the timekeeping and how the invoicing links directly to Quickbook.

Cons

It used to link directly with Gmail and Google Drive and that isn't supported anymore. I wish it was.

Claire from Berreckman, Davis & Bazata PC LLO

easy to use

Pros

I love seeing my day and billable hours calculated in real time, the calendar format makes it easier for me to keep my time and helps me get all of my time recorded quickly.

Cons

The app, last I checked, was not easy to use and so I have resorted to entering time back at the office or when I can get to a laptop instead of on the go.

Lance from Exceed Legal

It's in the name: LeanLaw

LeanLaw achieves its goal in providing an efficient way to keep time and bill clients. Good, relevant reporting also helps the lawyer who uses LeanLaw not only work in the business of practicing law, but also work *on* the business itself.

Pros

The user interface is very clean and intuitive in LeanLaw. Timekeeping down to 1/10 of an hour is a great feature, and the desktop app makes it very easy to do log time for various matters. LeanLaw's integration with Quickbooks is huge, as our firm never has to draft an invoice. The reporting features of LeanLaw are good, and continue to get better. It is very easy to see revenue by attorney, revenue by client matter, productivity, and accounts receivable. There is even a report to help gauge fixed-fee profitability margins.

Cons

There isn't much not to like about LeanLaw when you understand what it is for. It's lean timekeeping and billing software for the lean law firm. It will never include client portals, document storage/sharing, or other such features.

Tim from Akamai Corporate Counsel, P.C.

Industry: Law Practice

Wish I had started using it years ago

My overall experience has been great. It has significantly reduced the time it takes to run billing each month and the timekeeping feature is very easy to use. I'm told the customer service is excellent.

Pros

The user-friendly nature of the product and the smooth integration with QuickBooks.

Cons

I don't know that we got the full customer service experience with onboarding. There were issues with our first billing cycle using LeanLaw that could have been avoided with better assistance.

n/a

Melissa from Hawkins & Associates

Excellent Tool for Billing

Great experience with Leanlaw--both the product and customer service.

Pros

Ease of Quickbooks syncing for billing and ease of use for adding time entries.

Cons

When I click on matters, it instantly only shows me the cases that I am linked to but I would prefer to just see all of the firm's cases instead.

Great product that's easy to use!

LeanLaw is an exceptional service that has timely and responsive customer service. Recommend highly.

Pros

This software is easy to use, and user intuitive. I'm just a regular user so I don't run reports, or create new files - so my use is confined to just billing clients and it couldn't be easier.

Cons

Occasionally there are glitches where I find my input time on a different date than I entered, however, that was easily fixed by the LeanLaw team.

Sean from Kaufman & Associates, LLC

LeanLaw-Simply Efficient

WONDERFUL! KEEP IT UP.

Pros

Entering and keeping track of time is simple and reviewing time previously entered is manageable. LeanLaw is good at what it is intended to do, and makes my life easier.

Cons

Occasionally, the program does not load and I have to restart the webpage several times before it works.

Great product

Pros

The software does everything I need and meshes well with Quickbooks. Most of all, the customer service is really great!

Cons

Maybe an icon on my desktop would be nice. But honestly, you might already be able to do this but I haven't taken the time to figure that out.

Donna from Law Office of Orsen E Paxton, III P.C.

First use was difficult

Pros

I do appreciate the support from techs that have been patient with me. In the beginning, almost a year ago, there were quite a few things I needed LeanLaw to be able to do. For the most part, these things were addressed to my satisfaction. What I like most about the software: that I can work from home It's taken me a year, but I am 'fairly' satisfied with the software.

Cons

I hate that invoicing isn't via LeanLaw. I hate Quickbooks online and would rather all invoicing was via LeanLaw and my Quickbooks was used as a desktop version like I have used for 15 years or longer. I think the fact that I have to pay for Quickbook Online, which I repeat I hate, in order to use LeanLaw is an additional cost that I do not feel like I should have to pay. Plus, the basic QBooks online isn't ideal, but I refuse to upgrade at this point. For what I am paying monthly, for LLaw & QBooks has already surpassed the cost of buying billing software outright and it hasn't even been a year yet. So, my main con is that LeanLaw only works with Quickbooks online. Oh, and I so wish LeanLaw would produce a bill even though no time has posted that month. I want it to produce a bill with balance due (from previous bills). For now, I have to reprint past due bills from QBooks every month :/

Martha from Lorne Gross & Associates

Lean Law - Ease of Use and customer support

We just migrated to Lean Law with QB in July of last year from Clio. With Lean Law you can find the information you require very easily and quickly. Billing is much easier than Clio or PC Law overall we are extremely happy with Lean Law.

Pros

This software is one of the easiest and intuitive programs I have every used in a law firm and I have been a law clerk for over 20 years. The support team is fantastic, they are willing to spend any amount of time to fix a glitch with you on the phone and assist you with any type of problem you may have.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about the program.

Vernalisa from Carlson Law Office PA

Great product and customer service.

Pros

LeanLaw is easy to navigate, integrates really well with Quickbooks and their customer service reps are very responsive.

Cons

Nothing, they are always improving things, we did not realize was missing.

Jessica from Brown & Goodkin

Lean Law Review

Been a great experience. Thank you.

Pros

How it integrates with Quickbooks online and allows me to more easily deposit into trust and make payments from trust on invoices.

Cons

If I forget to switch back from use undeposited funds account it will unevenly pay from trust and the liability account without warning.

Reasons for Choosing LeanLaw

Was the first program I came upon and it suited my needs.

Bill from Brunstad Law LLC

Lean Law

Very good experience. Good customer support and easy to use.

Pros

Very easy to enter time. Seamless transition for billing to Quickbooks

Cons

I wish there was a feature where you could use defined tasks for your time entries (which it does have) and then you could mine the data from those tasks for determining future fixed fee amounts. The fixed fee template is confusing, at least to me.

Carbo from Carbo Kwan Criminal Law

Perfect for sole practitioners or small firms

Very good experience. Love the quick response to support.

Pros

Ease of use but most importantly, their continuous work on improving the software and listening to the feedback. Since I've got this subscription just over a year ago, I've seen various improvements and new features.

Cathy from Mitchell Tsai attorney at law

Industry: Law Practice

Great and easy product to use

Pros

Cons

It doesn’t provide other legal work related services such as case management.

Jenny from Douglas H McPhail, PLC

Industry: Law Practice

Essential for seamless time-tracking and billing

Invoicing is no longer a day long process

Pros

LeanLaw integrates with Quickbooks Online so efficiently I can't believe we were invoicing without it.

Cons

Possibly could use some more reporting features.

Reasons for Switching to LeanLaw

We needed something to work well with Quickbooks Online without effecting our existing account in a negative way, Clio does not integrate as well.

BRUCE from Smith & Miller LLP

Bruce's review

I think Leanlaw is a very good product.

Pros

I think the software is relatively easy to use and fairly intuitive.

Cons

I have no particular complaints about this software.

Makes Quickbooks much more palatable.

Overall, very pleased with LeanLaw. Good pricing. Good customer service.

Pros

This software has two-way integration with Quickbooks. Time entry is easy. Desktop and smartphone timekeepers are very handy (when I remember to use them). Simple to open new matters or add new clients. These then populate automatically to Quickbooks. I moved from PCLaw (then a different web-based program) and looked, at all the major and minor players. This works great for me.

Cons

Quickbooks billing setup is a bit clunky. But that's as much a QB problem as LL. Not a full-blown practice manager, but I knew that going in. As a result, need to keep info in both Outlook and LL/QB. Not a huge deal since my contact list is huge and my client list is infinitesimally smaller.

Reasons for Choosing LeanLaw

Two-way Quickbooks integration. Pricing.

Jordan from Litwin Law, LLC

Industry: Law Practice

Simple to use and good value

Great option if you are primarily focused on billing and time entry more so than a comprehensive practice management option.

Pros

Ease of use (particularly timers), per license cost, continuing feature growth

Cons

Limited use of mobile application which does allow you to enter time for current day and open new client/matters but nothing else really.

TAYLER from TW TIBBITTS, ATTORNEY AT LAW

Good Platform

Overall it's been a great tool for my law practice.

Pros

I like the integration with Quickbooks and the ability to track my time effectively.

Cons

The Quickbooks integration is not very customizable. I've had trouble getting my trust accounting to work properly and it'd be nice to be able to customize things more on that front.

Haile from Reeve Law Firm

Over the Moon

Pros

Cons

I wish there were check marked boxes next to time entries so one could select or deselect the entries that are wanted to export to excel spreadsheet.

Karen from Litwin Law LLC

LeanLaw Review

Pros

Ease of use with time entries and reports.

Cons

Collaboration with quickbooks can be difficult to navigate

Dan from King & McNamee, LLC

Works Well

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive, top notch support for the occasional issue, which has been rare. Integration with QuickBooks is pretty well seamless, makes time keeping and billing very easy.

Cons

Nothing . Have been using since April 2019 without issue.