MerusCase

MerusCase Reviews

RATING:

• icon"The almost seamless interaction between communication, letter writing, calendaring and scheduling. I also like that the company is very interested in improving their product."
  • icon"What we like most about this software: it's very easy to use; customer service and technical support are amazing."
  • icon"Easy to use once you are able to get comfortable with how the system works and what you are able to do."
  • icon"The drop down tiny box for tags is difficult to scroll through."
  • icon"We have trouble getting some templates for our office."
  • icon"I dont like that it is difficult to retrieve accidentally deleted items."

All MerusCase Reviews

Gerardo

Smooth, Organized and professional

I learned how to handle tasks and assist attorneys in a clean and intuitive software.

Pros

I like how you can easily create new contacts and open cases in an effective and straightforward way. The layout of the Case Details tab makes it easy to find what you are looking for in a case. I love how MerusCase easily syncs with your email account and also remind you of important events coming up. The calendar is simple to use and can help you filter by person which is incredibly useful. Overall a very pleasing software that can increase productivity and help you manage day to day tasks.

Cons

The only improvement I would suggest is that at times previews of documents can be slow or delayed. If this could be fixed it would greatly speed up document processing.

Response from Merus

Hi Gerardo, Thank you for your kind words. Here at Merus we work hard to deliver the best value to our customers. Within the past few days, we've redesigned our system to ensure that document previews render more quickly and display at 200dpi, compared to the 72dpi they were at before. You should see the difference the next time you open a document within MerusCase. Thank you for being a MerusCase customer!

Fantastic File and Document Management Software

I am very happy with this program

Pros

The transfer of documents and client/file information from the two different programs we used prior to MerusCase was fast and much cheaper than other options. The software itself is very intuitive to use and navigate and easily adapted to mimic our paper filing system.

Cons

I don't love the email function, but we don't use it anyway.

Reasons for choosing MerusCase

MerusCase offered some of the best functionality at one of the best monthly prices for a SaaS product. And the price for the data migration from our existing programs into the MerusCase platform was approximately 1/50th of the cost of the next closest option.

Reasons for switching to MerusCase

We were using a very old version of Filemaker and a soon to be unsupported Alchemy program for file management and document management, respectively. We wanted a new program that could do both.

Swing and an unfortunate miss

Started well, company sold, purchaser is now concerned only about signing up new customers, not developing their capacities to support the needs of existing users.

Pros

The suite does what it says it does, providing a cloud-based medium for organizing case files, billing, etc.

Cons

The suite is only accessible with an internet connection and, while it started its development with promise, it has tried to be a jack of all trades, offering solutions for everyone without a strong enough feature set for anyone. Office integration is tenuous and new features roll out without any thought as to how existing users should go about applying new features to existing cases. Honestly, if we weren't so invested in the platform, I would have moved to a new provider a year ago.

Virginia

Industry: Law Practice

100% Satisfied and Happy with MerusCase!!

i just love it.

Pros

First time user of Merus Case!! I've worked in the Work Comp industry for over 31 years and have used other case management, systems like A-1, Time Matters and Practice Masters and i have to say i just love MerusCase, its so easy to understand, everything that you need it has, Excel, Jet Filing (made easy), the connection to EAMS makes file set ups so fast and non tedious. The "best thing" that i love about it is the Open knowledge base!! =) i learned how to code and make my own templates just by watching the videos, whereas most other case management company's want us to call in and get training. thank you Merus you save us time and money.

Cons

that excel and word are not integrated within Merus, i really wish they would be, all in one. it would save time and when saving documents or just would make it easier and less mistakes for those working in the programs, its so hard to save from word to Merus.

Reasons for choosing MerusCase

biggest selling point for me: the connection with EAMS!! and the fact that if MerusCase didnt have a feature that i like about the other software, the reply was, we have a list of features we are working on and that one is currently on our list!!! =)

Reasons for switching to MerusCase

it's too too complicated for a start up company, no connection to the board and also the fact that you cant connect to the program from any where is bothersome for the attorneys, they have to either print documents before a hearing or carry a flashdrive all the time is just not time saving at all. webbase is the way to go.

Gloria

Meruscase Software Review for Small Firm

Been a user for 4 years and have had nothing but great experience. Always dependable and functioning which is very important as it is the lifeline of our firm.

Pros

Very user friendly, efficient and complete

Cons

Honestly there is nothing I do not like. Great software for any law firm small or large

Reasons for choosing MerusCase

Its functionality and entire set up fit our firm perfectly to make our workload more complete and efficient.

Reasons for switching to MerusCase

We were impressed when we were presented with the demo.

Danielle

Merus Case Management - 100%

I do not have to go back & forth to locate documents.

Pros

This program makes it easier to access client information, the parties involved, and document search.

Cons

The program has been an asset to our office.

Reasons for choosing MerusCase

This program best suited our office and it is user friendly and easy to learn

Reasons for switching to MerusCase

Legal Solutions is an antiquated program. We looked into their cloud based program but it was more expensive and you had to add on things such as the calendar which is included with Merus.

Good software, best customer support I've ever experienced anywhere

Form document management; ability to bring email into client's case, great calendaring system

Pros

Ease of use, form document management and merge functions, email coordination in cases. There's a lot to like. I tried MyCase and chose Merus instead, mainly because document creation and merge were so easy in Merus.

Cons

The documents placed in a file must be correctly tagged by subject (e.g Plaintiff Discovery Propounded) in order to be able to find them during a search. They do not reside in "folder", which is what most of us are accustomed to using in a Window's platform. The most important thing is getting staff to properly tag the document. So this is really not a con, just something that needs to be taught to Staff and followed by all.

Response from Merus

We¿re so happy that you love our Document Management Tools. Document Management is definitely a key differentiator that separates us from our competitors. Merus is designed to facilitate collaboration and coordination between all parties involved in a case. Activity Tags is one of the ways in which MerusCase ensures all parties can find case files easily. Unlike folders, which require clicking through each one, search for files with Activity Tags is much less time consuming. We know that MerusCase can take some to get used to when you¿re switching over from another platform. For those reasons we take on-boarding seriously and are willing to take them time to walk everyone through all questions about our software. So thank you for giving a shout-out to our world-class Support Team, and for being a part of the MerusCase family!

Misha

A versatile platform that WILL save your firm time and money if used fully!

I have implemented the MerusCase API for many different clients between developing integrations between MerusCase and office copy systems and creating custom reports for firms with specific needs.

Pros

The customer service is top notch, they go above and beyond to help MerusCase work for you. Any software and technology can be integrated with MerusCase through the API, so you can do exactly what you need. Ideal for maintaining perfect digital records of cases from incoming mail and correspondences to injury details and e-Filing built-in.

Cons

There are some gaps in the documentation for the API however the support team is very responsive with any questions I have had and that area has grown significantly!

MerusCase has a wonderful Customer Support team! The tool is easy to use and has many great features

Pros

MerusCase is easy to navigate through and is an excellent time saving tool. It is a fast growing company that is an industry leader in cloud based case management software. MerusCase provides real time case activity logs, task management, and calendar collaboration with your fellow staff members regardless of where you are. The EAMS integrations makes it simple to file online.

Cons

The only thing that I can say I like the least about the software is the release times being further apart. I always look forward to the new tools and features MerusCase offers and the faster we get to utilize them the better! However, I appreciate the way they do a release iteratively to ensure the final product in production is of high quality.

agustin

Meruscase is easy to use and recommended

Managing cases through Meruscase is made easier and more convenient. when there is an issue if any Marus is quick to resolve any issues that may occur.

Pros

The software is easy to use and self explanatory. Easy to manage files. the calendar settings are a plus.

Cons

I wish that the calendar would sync with google calendar so I could get notifications on my phone.

Marc

Industry: Law Practice

Can't work again without it!

Overall, I'm thrilled we're using Meruscase and can't imagine working again without it.

Pros

1) Customer Support is Exceptional! Just AWESOME! They are very responsive and helpful. 2) Emailing from the case and attaching documents from the case as a PDF/Word documents is seamless, saving valuable time. 3) Ability to easily select documents to combine into a zip file or single PDF document. 4) Jet Filing is incredibly easy with Merus (get feedback either validating or rejecting your filed documents in a matter of minutes). File a DOR and the next morning get an email with a Notice of Hearing from the Board (if you elect to be served by email). (All documents Jet Filed can be easily located) 5) Subpoenaing records through Merus (All outstanding subpoenas can be easily located) 6) Creating Tasks/Reminder 7) Ability to create custom templates 8) VISUALLY - Merus looks great!

Cons

1) The ability to Drag and Drop Activity notes into whatever order you want would be nice. If you entered PDF docs and want to reorganize them in reverse chronological order this would be a nice feature. Combining PDFs into a single doc is done by the order they are entered in Merus. It woud be more user friendly to drag and drop into whatever order we want the PDF documents combined. Also PDF viewer features are non-existent (can't search, skip pages, etc). 2) How best to edit/save/delete parties and contacts is not intuitive and can cause grief. You can limit each user's ability to make changes but if allowing your staff the flexibility to make those changes, make sure they are trained how to properly edit parties without making changes to other cases. 3) Addingl label features for addresses would be helpful. Many doctors (esp. QMEs) have multiple addresses. Some want the records sent to a different address than the address of the exam, while some have yet another address if records are sent overnight. Being able to label which address is primary for each or if we could type a description by the address it could help. 4) Their Log Call feature is nice for party contacts and I'd like to see that feature added to Company contacts 5) Had some issues with hyperlinks and some content not visually appearing in Merus

Marieli

I did not have any kind of legal experience and I would say that working with Merus it was very easy

Pros

It is a program that is easy to work with, pretty user-friendly for people with experience or no experience.

Cons

For me, something I have noticed from the beginning was that after every update the software has crashed. - I work for the Personal Injury Department it is not as user-friendly as it is for WC. - Has at times a huge delay updating and uploading e-mails - When searching for a contact (company) when having several named the same but with different addresses when trying to link it to a person contact it does not give you the option because the list its only like 10 option, for the PI department that is very difficult because we work with a lot of insurance companies that have several locations and by not being able to link an adjuster to the correct company and address it creates issues. - In the incident tab I feel that should be larger and easier to write down and be able to see it, the filed that is given to writing being only one line it makes it difficult to be able to read it all and proofread it due to the fact that you cannot look at the whole thing at once. - For PI Dept should give the option to create add more fields and also when creating a new case PI case should automatically add before the case # a PI to facilitate and make it easier to identify the case without having to manually go and change it.

Response from Merus

Hi Marieli, Thank you for your feedback. Emails sent in Merus are always received instantaneously. Slow emails are due to slow email servers which are unfortunately, outside of Merus¿ control. For contacts and companies with the same name, there is a Dedupe tool which combines case information under one rolodex entry. All you need to do is click on Settings (gear icon) > Data Management > Remove Duplicates > Contacts or Companies. For the creation of an automatic case #, you can set a secondary case identifier as ¿Use the `File Number¿ set in the case¿. It¿s under Settings > Firm Display Options > Display Options: Case ID & Parties. Please reach out to our Support Team if you need help with this. As for your other concerns, would you mind sending a screenshot to our Support Team, along with notes that point out the specifics of your feature request? This will provide more context for us so that we can learn your exact needs so that we can create an even better product.

Katharine

MerusCase allows my staff to work efficiently and collaborate easily, even internationally.

The simple interface and clear training session allowed me and my staff to become proficient in the software in a short amount of time. I love having the recording of our initial training session to give to new hires, so I spend almost no time training them directly on the software. My staff have all contacted the support team and gotten clear, workable responses to their questions in minutes. That means they can get back to work quickly without having to wait for me to answer their questions or contact support for them. MerusCase has all the features I needed for my small immigration firm. They work hard to make the product even better with each release. I'm looking forward to seeing even more benefits in the future!

Pros

I have used a few different case management software platforms, and what I like best about MerusCase is their customer support. They are quick to respond to my questions, and the front-line customer support team almost always answers my questions with one email. They can even make some changes directly to the software, something that previous companies did not offer. The template creator is one of my favorite features. It is easy to use and allows me and my staff to quickly generate common letters, basic court filings, and other documents. This allows us to use our time and energy less on pure data entry and more on higher-level functions. As an immigration lawyer, I appreciate having the immigration forms already organized into common filing packets. We also have a large volume of cases, and the workflow function allows us to automate certain reminders to make sure our cases are all moving forward on time. I have staff in my office, across town, and overseas. With MerusCase, it's easy to upload documents, access case notes, and keep everyone on the same page.

Cons

Even though MerusCase has a number of powerful features from a time-tracking and billing perspective, I found it to be geared more for larger-sized law firms. Their support team was great and worked closely with me to answer all my accounting questions, but in the end, I decided to stick with my current billing software, since it fits my particular accounting method a bit better.

Tyler

Meruscase has been absolutely fantastic for our purposes!

Too many to list, but the most important ones are: HIPAA compliance, automatic document field merging, accessibility from anywhere, scale-ability, billing flexibility to keep our larger clients happy, and management oversight of all tasks.

Pros

Meruscase is very easy to setup and use, and their support department is stellar in case you have any questions. I have yet to work with a support department that is more willing to help than these guys! Meruscase was extremely helpful in our transition to digital case files, and the features it has are a godsend for management. The platform is extremely scale-able, allowing larger firms and smaller firms to take advantage of its features. The templates are a fantastic feature; save time, money and streamline a process which is highly susceptible to errors. The batch scanning feature is great for making mail processing more efficient. Email integration with automatic linking of email chains to cases based on linking the initial email has been very well received by our attorneys. Their update cycle is about every 2 weeks, and they really do listen to their users and implement features/updates accordingly, which I must say is extremely refreshing! Their billing platform is robust, and allows firms to implement a wide array of billing workflows. You can also set UTBMS and short code references to help attorneys and staff bill more efficiently (and to keep the larger clients happy). They allow exporting to most major billing platforms, including Timeslips so you can continue to use your billing software while implementing Meruscase for other workflows. Overall Meruscase is an excellent value for the money and I highly recommend it!

Cons

The planning and setup can be tedious, but when all of the pieces of information are in place, the word template merging is phenomenal. I would recommend at least a month of planning and setup before considering cutting the office workflows over.

Robert Benjamin

Great Company, Great Software, Great Support

A little about me, I am a Technology Consultant for about hand full small to medium sized law firms. This particular client of mine wanted to migrate to full cloud-based solutions for all their needs. As I am not a user, I am reviewing upon a technical basis which will include import, support, and Cons: Learning Curve. As a quick note, and because I don't want to type this out a million times, their product, once items are imputed correctly, and the learning curve is achieved, is friendlier to use, more user-friendly than others I've seen. I recommend MerusCase. Importing: The migration was slow-going. We opted to manually import all the cases manually, instead of paying MerusCase to do so. This was a double-edged sword, as it created a lot of work for us and was time-consuming. Although, the procedure for importing a mass of files was consistently stable. Our uploads did not seem throttled by MerusCase, we have 100Mbps Upload and we uploaded on average of +/- 80Mbps. Overall, I was pleased with the consistent speeds. Support: By far their support is beyond anything I have worked with before. Our account manager is so knowledgeable and a straight shooter. He [surprisingly] remembers me for when I call in. I've called in multiple times to purchase additional licenses, request help while absorbing another company, creating and importing custom letterheads for different locations, and working and creating with making new automatic templates. [The templates are the ABSOLUTE best feature, saves time, money and streamlines a process which is highly susceptible to errors.] 11/10 for Support. Can't thank enough, he keeps me looking like a superstar to my client. The learning curve was surprisingly low for attorneys. The most trouble was the supporting staff inputting the cases incorrectly. It's not like its a long procedure to imputing new cases, case details, etc., but our office staff didn't see the importance of inputting some fields in the case description. This lead to billing without someone to bill to, templates and forms not inputting data, and other issues which were quickly remedied with the help of MerusCase's Customer support. Closing: I recommend MerusCase to my clients because it can be scaled, the data is safe, the employees are helpful, and they don't cut corners. Also, they say they are always working on making the software better, adding more features, and I believe them.

Pros

1. The ability to create custom templates and forms which autofill saves time and money on every letter you send. 2. Customer Support is Great. 3. Customize your personal portal. 4. Organize your organization's work schedule with personal work calendars for everyone. Have Attorneys post to their supporting staff's calendar and vice versa. 5. Calendars synccable to iPhone and Android using universal internet calendar iDAV protocol. 6. Customer Support is Great. 7. HIPPA Compliant for Emails to and from clients. 8. Automatically import emails and attaches to the client portfolio. 9. Can [easily] keep track of how productive each person is in the company with an easy to read a graph. 10. Customer Support is Great.

Cons

1. Learning Curve seems steep - to remedy this, fill out [almost] everything in the client profile. This will allow the software to pull information and auto-populate forms, invoices, and more. 2. [Con?] Works best in Google Chrome Browser - We have another website which requires Internet Explorer, so using two browsers kinda seems annoying. 3. When working late, there is a small personalized 'welcome' message which sits at the top of the screen on the navigational links. It will say, "Working late ." - I already know I'm working late!!! >.<

Michal