Browse PCLaw Reviews

Martin M from Martin M. Adler, Esq., P.C.

Industry: Law Practice

Hands down the best legal billing software I have ever used

I have found PCLAW to be the best solution for smaller law firms, where numerous timekeepers may work on a particular matter.

Pros

PCLAW has the best interface, once you've learned how to use it it is very easy to use, with a lot of features. Very easy to integrate with various insurance carrier portals. Easy to generate reports.

Cons

Somewhat of a learning curve. Can be expensive if you're adding many licensed users.

Michael from Boulette Golden & Marin L.L.P.

Industry: Law Practice

Did great work for us for over a decade but ultimately the cons outweighed the pros

PCLaw was the billing and timekeeping software we purchased when we opened the law firm, and we used it for nearly 15 years. It did its job but ultimately the cons outweighed the pros, so we switched this year.

Pros

We used PCLaw for almost 15 years. Its reporting functionality was excellent. It's timekeeping and billing functions (including ability to generate LEDES bills for e-billing systems) handled everything we needed.

Cons

PCLaw was sold to us as a one-time software purchase, not a subscription software product. It was very pricy but, like most software that is sold on a license basis, we were able to purchase the software and not have to buy an upgrade every single year, so the overall cost was reasonable. However, when we started to have what should have been minor functionality problems, we realized that there was also an annual subscription cost for access to customer support. Because we weren't paying that additional annual cost, we didn't have access to customer support. So, ultimately, the software ended up being much more expensive than originally priced. The software is not accessible via the web-based access, so you have to have access to our server to use it. The user interface is also not very attractive.

Ed from Scott L Braum & Associates

Former PCLaw user

PCLaw is a complete package to run a law firm with. Prior to the past couple of years, it was a pretty solid, although very dated, package. After a year or more of issues without resolutions, we decided to move on to another package. Unless major improvements are made to the product and it actually becomes a stable product, I would not recommend it. Customer service needs to drastically improve as well.

Pros

The original PCLaw package was very good and reliable. It had all of the features that you needed to properly run a law firm. The package was a bit out of date, but worked well until they tried to upgrade it.

Cons

The last couple of years had updates where each update was worse than the one before. When we would call customer support about an issue, we were told that we were the only ones having that issue. We later learned from other users that we were not the only ones experiencing the problems. Customer support was seldom able to fix a problem or solve an issue. We didn't install the last couple of "upgrades" due to the experiences of other users. Finally, we just move on to another software package completely. We had been users of PCLaw for well over 10 years when we finally left.

Reasons for Choosing PCLaw

At the time, it was somewhat the Standard in the industry.

kathy from brotherton ford berry & weaver, pllc

PCLaw

The customer service department has always been helpful and nice

Pros

I have used this product for over 15 years. I think the product is just ok.

Cons

It is difficult at times to find the correct report or information you need, easily. Alot of time is wasted trying to find exactly what you need.

Dean from Dean L. Surkin, attorney at law

Flawed software

I used it for about ten years, and each year I spoke to company reps about addressing the problems I saw. They promised but never made any attempt to address my concerns. I switched to CosmoLex,and it is significantly better.

Pros

Integrated time keeping, billing and accounting

Cons

Poorly formatted bills - columns don’t line up and tech support couldn’t correct it; difficult installation involving database engine, clumsy updating procedure when software versions released

Cost.

Reasons for Switching to PCLaw

I needed software structured for a law practice, with trust account tracking

Mark from Mark Tagg Professional Corp

Industry: Law Practice

terrible support - when it works it is okay

Pros

Quick - entering data is very fast and reports, invoices, etc load fairly quickly

Cons

Support was a nightmare to work with. They do not respond very quickly and you are forced to wait for an agent for chat if you want the fastest response, but when you are busy with other things you don't want to keep your eye on the chat all day just to see when they have an agent available. Server based - makes it very difficult to set up - my IT had to make several attempts and was frustrated with each new little issue that had to be resolved before moving forward.

Reasons for Switching to PCLaw

Moved to a different company that was using PC Law.

Patrice from Cote Law Firm

Worst Customer Service Experience

They are slowly becoming irrelevant in the legal profession.

Pros

Nothing. A software is only as good as the support team behind it. PCLaw has the worst customer support procedure in the industry. I asked them to help me reinstall my PCLaw on my new computer. I purchased the software outright years ago. They quoted me $2,016.00. For what?? Just tell me how to migrate the data from my old computer to the new one. Then they told me if I didn't want to pay it I should consult my own IT tech.

Cons

The trust reconciliation feature is a nightmare to use. There are many, many other problems with the software.

Stuart from Law Office of Stuart A Rosenthal

Industry: Law Practice

Was barely aceptable once; not any longer

When I started my private practice 6 years ago, this product was satisfactory. It integrated time, billing, and banking functions (though never easily or in a straightforward manner). However, with some effort, it was manageable. Now, Lexis Nexis seems to treat it as an pariah. They are pushing (punishing?) all users to switch to Clio, but seeing how they orphaned PCLaw users without support, why would anyone switch to a new product of theirs, only to suffer the same fate in a few years?

Pros

Relatively complete - when it functions without glitches (not often enough).

Cons

Lack of tech support - calls are not answered and messages not replied to in a timely fashion, if at all. Overly complicated Lack of clarity Lack of definitional explanations Since they began to offer Clio, they pay no attention to PC Law issues and problems (and there are plenty) and offer no support.

Reasons for Choosing PCLaw

At the time it was recommended by another firm. (They are looking at new alternatives - not CLIO! - as well.)

Kaitlin from McCarthy Tetrault

Good for time entry

Pros

Great for entering your dockets and lots of options to do so.

Cons

Not great for calendar management and not the most esthetically pleasing!

Sheila from Perkins & Associates, LLC

Unreliable

Horrible

Pros

Nothing about the software I like. It was not user friendly

Cons

The feature, setup of new matter, timekeepers, installing updates, down most of the time, was extremely challenging to depend on the accuracy of the information that was obtained via reports

Reasons for Choosing PCLaw

It was what most Law firms were using

Reasons for Switching to PCLaw

PCLAW was not a reliable system

Initially, I loved the product, but as time went on, I found a great many flaws in the program.

It did help us to realize more specifically what we needed in a comprehensive program.

Pros

As we moved to this program from a general office (not law related) software, I liked the improved ability to keep trust accounting quite separate from our operating account.

Cons

There were flaws in the software that made visible accounting errors which could not be corrected. The problem was first noted by a client or two and then, when we recalculated by hand and separate calculator, the errors were very clear, but there was no way to correct the PCLaw information. No matter what we tried, the program refused to accept the corrections. Ultimately, we made the tough decision to move to another program, as we lost at least three customers and countless hours over the problems caused by the program errors.

stephan from Freeman & Freeman

Used to be good-do not buy any more. The company is falling apart.

So in the past it was great. We still use it because we made it stable without pclaw help. I have also found there are independent people who will provide pclaw support. Use them.

Pros

I bought this in 1996. Until version 12, it was great. It could do trust and general accounting, payroll, time keeping, calendering, billing, and even case management. We do not use it much for case management. We do use it extensively for deadlines and follow up. I could do payroll in two minutes. It can do case managemen in regard to documents but we have no experience with it.

Cons

The problem is that it became unstable with version 12 and never became stable again. It can freeze easily and then you have to reindex the data which can take a while. Recently the support became nonexistent. You are on the phone 53rd in line. Chat does not connect and email response is non existent. If you have it, let me tell you what we did to solve the freezing problem. WE reboot the server and all workstations at least weekly. We run verify data integrity now once a week.

Reasons for Choosing PCLaw

The florida bar recommended them in 1996.

Kristi from Wooten Law Group

Pathetic

Pros

The time keeping function is easy to use (when it works).

Cons

Customer Support is horrible. The last "fix" they made corrupted client files - causing more problems. Each time PC Law crashes - which is often i have to pay my IT reps to work with PC Law to "fix" the problem. I spent nearly 2 hours on the phone with them yesterday morning, only to be told the PC Law tech couldn't fix the problem and we would (again) have to be "expedited to an engineer." Promised a phone call. Nothing. I won't even being with the account rep. Unfulfilled promises. They need to fix their software and provide a new version. The problems with PC Law costs us in money and efficiency every time it goes down. A law firm cannot go five days without access to bill pay, billing, and time keeping. Prices go up annually, but problems multiply.

Guillermo from McCuiston Law Offices

Software so old it should be encased in amber

Buggy, sluggish, crash prone, outdated, outclassed and overpriced.

Pros

I am hard pressed to think of anything positive other than maybe it was great in 1995?

Cons

As an IT consultant working with a firm that has used PC Law since 2004, I have made the recommendation to ditch this software after uncovering the debacle that is attempting to move past version 14.2. Lexis Nexis has had so many problems with version 15.x and 16.x since haphazardly making the switch to Microsoft SQL that they actually pulled the software. So a law firm that pays and annual contract cannot move past PC Law 14.2 for the foreseeable future. Firms that made the mistake of moving to 15 or 16 before apparently have had a rough ride. This software is straight out of the 80s and they make no effort to improve the UI or anything else.

Earl from Mallory Law Group

Industry: Law Practice

This Company and Product are NOT worth buying.

Customer service used to be the best in the software business. It is now non-existent. If you call technical support, our wait times always exceed 4 hours (No kidding). If you use the online "chat" service, you are in queue for at least an hour, and when it says "you are next - connecting," all of a sudden, the agent is "no longer available."

Pros

My firm has used PCLaw since 1994. It used to be a very good, intuitive, and easy to use program. It is now full of flaws that are not easily corrected.

Cons

The program loses transactions. I don't need to tell you how serious it is for accounting software to lose track of client funds.

Reasons for Choosing PCLaw

The Florida Bar Practice Management Office recommended PCLaw. In 1994, it was a good recommendation. In 2020, not at all.

Pretty Good Program for Billing

Overall, the program is great and is easy to work. There are parts that are a bit annoying, but for the price it's really great.

Pros

This software is pretty easy to navigate. Although it it takes a little bit of training, it becomes quite simple once you get the hang of it and figure out exactly what you are doing. It's great to be able to pull up the hours by attorney and to see exactly how much time is being spent on each case.

Cons

To see new time and old time together, you have to open different windows. This can be a pain when you're trying to look at the comparison as I have to split screen. Also, if you accidentally hit the "enter" button, it submits the time entry and you have to open a second window to add more time if desired.

Brenda from FFRASER LAW OFFICE

Industry: Law Practice

My data was corrupted when we updated and support/service has been a nightmare.

I am so sad and sorry that PCLaw went from an excellent product with great customer service to a terrible product that regularly corrupts data and no one at the corporation seems to care about it. The decline in service and the ability to contact tech support is noticeable and discouraging. It seems they are trying to eliminate the telephone line support in favor of online support but if you have a major issue or a complicated issue they can't help. The online support is slow and cumbersome and is not at the level of support in previous years. For example, I asked for help correcting some automatic entries that I don't want - eg when I type the word "pay" into a time entry, it autocorrects to "net payroll". The solution was for me to add a new auto entry "py" that autocorrects to "pay" and from now on I have to enter "py" to get "pay" instead of fixing the autoentry. The frankenfix is annoying. Also, support always wants to take control of your computer which I no longer agree to. I don't want them making changes without seeing what is happening. For the last few years I have been allowing tech support to see what is happening on my screen but I make the entries. Tech support on online chat gets overly frustrated with that and yesterday the tech support person told me that if he [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] couldn't take control, he couldn't help me. That is not correct. He can still help me but didn't want to go through the hassle of typing in the instructions . Out of space....

Pros

It is easy to use and user friendly.

Cons

Customer support is terrible. The first line of assistance always wants to try to fix things even when the issue is outside of their expertise - then there are additional issues to manage after someone without the knowledge makes changes to the data. I have used PCLaw since 2004 and recently I have noticed that no one cares about my data being corrupted when we switched to Windows 10 2.5 years ago. Several different people tried to fix it but couldn't but the attempts made things worse and harder to fix properly. After 2 years, I finally figured out I need to reenter all my data from the last backup without corruption. I used to get excellent support from PCLaw so I expected they would help me with any issues I am having. The cost of switching to new software and learning a new program plus reentering contacts and conflicts was a big job so I decided to stick with PCLaw but now I am very sorry I did. I am about 1/3 of the way through re-entry of 2.5 years of data and am having problems with corruption again and it took me 2 weeks to reach PCLaw by phone to have the problem escalated to an engineer and I am now waiting days for a return call. Received an email on an old email that I no longer use after I updated my contact information years ago. Updated my contact information again and today got an email to the same old email that I no longer use. That email sends out an automatic message that it is no longer in use but it doesn't help. out of space.....

Reasons for Choosing PCLaw

There were only 2 choices accepted by the Law Society of Alberta when I signed up .

Andria from Bunger & Robertson

Industry: Law Practice

Unsupported software that could use some updates

While PCLaw works well as a time keeping and accounting software, it really could use some updating and improvement on its stability.

Pros

The software does offer the ability to do many things that are customary and specific to your firm. The ease of use is appealing, as you can manipulate the system to work as you intend it to work.

Cons

The software has become unstable especially with updating version of Windows. The look and feel of the software is outdated and enhancements don't seem to be coming. The support of the software is not reliable and often incredibly hard to get in touch with.

Diane from Law Office of D.L. Drain

You cannot auto pay for PC Law

Don't use LexisNexis PC Law. I have used PC Law for more than 12 years and loved it. But, if you want a convenient way to pay then don't use this LexisNexis product. They will not offer an automatic pay and it takes a call to their support in order to be able to make the monthly statement.

Pros

It is a good accounting program, but too complicated for most small law firms. I have used it for many years and learned how to customize it to our practice.

Cons

It takes my bookkeeper 30 minutes to get help paying our monthly statement because LexisNexis does not offer automated payments. That is ridiculous and at least 15 years behind auto pay processes.

Jessica from ADLI Law Group

Never going back

We're not going back to it. We're currently using Centerbase and really like it.

Pros

It's nice that the software runs certain reports such as summary of all legal fees and the payments towards the end of the report. It is also nice that it runs reports as to what are considered as "write-offs" and what are "credits".

Cons

Difficult to use. Every single time pcLaw is open on the desktop, it freezes the entire desktop--therefore, it's impossible to do anything else besides just staring at the screen waiting for it to hopefully work. Very finicky, you have to make sure that everything is correct the first time, or else you'd have to go back and wait a long period of time again to just make 1 correction.

Not the most user-friendly software, but it definitely gets the job done.

It integrates very well with Amicus, our law office management software. It's definitely a great value for the money.

Pros

PC Law integrates easily with Amicus, our law office management software, which makes time and billing easy. It has every function that you could possibly need to create a large variety of reports. It's very affordable and meets our needs.

Cons

It's not the most user-friendly software out there. If you're used to something like Quickbooks, this may take a little more training and getting familiar with.

PCLaw is a competent suite, but absent a unique use case, is outpunched by its competition.

Pros

PCLaw probably offers the most depth around the edges in the practice management and accounting software space for lawyers. With PCLaw backending your workflow and a competent bookkeeper helping run your reports, your books will be five by five. If, like me, you've been made familiar with PCLaw because it was what was in use at a firm, you won't rue the fact the you have to interact with this software. It does its job effectively and without fuss.

Cons

Unless you've isolated some use case that its competition does not cover, you'll likely be spending more money and more time making PCLaw do what others can do more efficiently for lower use fees. If like me you've been in charge of selecting the software solution for a firm, you may well find yourself asking why you'd pick PCLaw over a competitive product. As noted, there may be some peculiar fee structure or left field accounting best practice that only PCLaw will let you manage efficiently, but in my experience it wouldn't be the top of the heap.

Barbara from Barbara L. Franklin, Esq.. AAL

Industry: Law Practice

Freezes; duplicates bank accounts; show unpaid checks that have cleared and been reconciled.

14 years of accuracy and trust in the product, but that was two years ago.

Pros

That I am leaving it. It worked so well for 14 years. Everything worked find, customer support was ok, billing worked good and trust accounts easily reconciled. Then version 16 came out.

Cons

Freezes when moving from one client to another; freezes when saving time; will not open, staff complaints, and the lack of support and the broken promises.

Amy from Lee Durham, LLC

Industry: Law Practice

I use this software daily and it is pretty user friendly. I do everything on it except payroll.

I can look at activity on a file, time that has been posted in bills and easily reconcile bank statements.

Pros

That it integrates with Amicus to produce monthly bills and is easy to use. I like that it populates frequently used vendors and such when you are writing a check or recording a payment

Cons

That you can't archive a matter until you've closed the month there is activity in it. That when you search help topics, it isn't really user friendly.

Jed from Chinneck Law

PCLaw has Lousy Support

Pros

not much. used to it but it is legacy software.

Cons

support is horrible. my office manager is often stuck on hold for days with no response from their help line. she is calling now and is 33 on the queue. totally unacceptable! PCLaw says support resources are down due to covid but that is not credible as support is remote and their support people work from home. this is no good for users

Grace from Berman Mickelson Dembo & Jacobs, LLC

Wouldn't recommend

Although the program had some good features and for the most part was easy to learn, the countless problems and inability to create more frequent updates or updates you don't have to pay for ultimately is what drove us to switch software. Cloud-based programs is the way to go.

Pros

The program was fairly easy to learn and had some good features but only when they worked properly.

Cons

This program caused COUNTLESS problems and headaches when it came to applying interest on different matters. The credit card processing only sometimes worked properly then one day completely stopped working so we had to log in to a third party processing system then manually enter the payment in PCLaw. You have to pay for new licences every time there is an update. You have to pay for customer support package. Almost impossible to get a hold of anyone.

David from Law Practice

Data curruption issues

very bad tech support. I would stay away from this product. there is a huge risk in losing your data. This is especially worrisome if you operate a trust account.

Pros

I used it because it was what I was taught on, but it is clunky and unstable.

Cons

I had data corruption issues almost monthly. I spent hours on the phone with the tech support to try to fix it. They said that only they could fix it and i could not know how or why it was happening.

Prone to crashing

Pros

The edition we used would crash like clockwork. It was tough logging a day's worth of tasks if I wasn't sure when I clicked to submit at the end of the day that all entries would be accurately reflected. Easy to fix for the most part, but sometimes it didn't help me get out of the office any quicker.

Cons

Again, the crashing made it difficult to enjoy using.

Peggi from Elder Law PS

Do not recommend

Pros

I like the product is integrated - time keeping, generating bills, with check book.

Cons

I first purchased the product 15 years ago when it was an independent company. Service has gone downhill and the yearly service fees has gone up since [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] first acquired it.

Reasons for Choosing PCLaw

WHen purchased, I like the product and the service

Roger from Roger Howson Law Office

PC Law issues

very poor

Pros

Fairly easy to use once you understand the system.

Cons

Customer support is terrible. Billing issue was to be resolved last year - more than double billed. Said they would extend support two months to compensate. Bill I received this year had 3 charges for services I had never had. I have been trying to resolve it for a month. Difficult to get through by telephone. Line is perpetually busy. Impossible to hold for more than a minute, then your only choice is to lease a message. Promises that the problem will be rectified. Doesn't happen. Calls not returned. Asked to speak to a manger, Hasn't happened. Erroneous invoices keep getting sent. l have used PC Law for 20 years. Horrific decline in service since the original owners sold it. Several years ago, my accountant caught a problem involving correcting fee transfers with more than 5 entries. The system doubled the income from the fees. When called, PC Law said they were aware of problem. Problem not posted on its list of known defects. Stay away from PC Law

Reasons for Choosing PCLaw

positive views of other users

Nancy from Dunlap Law Professional Corporation

Industry: Law Practice

very practical, mostly user friendly

client billing, monthly and annual reporting

Pros

This software works well between the trust and general accounts, permits extra accounts to be documented. There are many reports available and the ability to build suitable reports.

Cons

At times certain types of report information - information gathering, requires several reports to be compiled and then compared.

Sam from Sam Smith llc

Customer Service nosedive

PCLaw needs a repair weekly. Each repair takes about 1 hour waiting on the phone for a customer support technician. (No online portals or email to send in tickets) Once support technician reviews the errors they escalate to engineer (everytime) engineer won't get back to me for another 48 hours and will always call first thing at 5:00 AM even though stated many times that I am on PST time. It takes the engineer an hour to fix error, so thats another hour lost and wasted. Converting CTREE to SQL is an absolute nightmare.

Pros

I used to like their support. Not anymore

Cons

The customer support really took a nose dive. Best to try another Time Matters software solution just because of the time wasted on support calls with this company. Expect to give at least 2 hours of your day per week on support calls.

Diane from C&A

Very poor customer technical service now since they changed it 3 months ago

Can't change templates easily, can't speak to customer service technical support.

Pros

Trust accounting module is good, decent reports.

Cons

The software is pretty good but the customer service has greatly gone down through the years. No one answers the phone for technical support.

Karen from Douglas strelshik law

I have been using this in my practice for years now and it works

It's easy to use and organizes everything for our books

Pros

It's comprehensiveness, easy to use and well navigated. Great for clerks and other staff to use. Explains itself well

Cons

Can't think of any cons that need to be written. PC covers all our needs. The updates could be more relative to what is needed.

Doris from Price & Associates, LLC

PCLaw Review

I like using PCLaw as it keeps track of our daily activities and I can search different aspects of the software.

Pros

It is easy to maneuver and access. I use it daily and the functionality is understandable.

Cons

Trying to retrieve reports and use other parts that I have never used.

PC Law is great, but updates can assist it to be greater

Pros

I like the versatility of the options and the ability to have an all encompassing application for my accounting needs.

Cons

I don't like the ease of use. It is a little dated. It could use a more consolidated approach to the various features offered.

KATELIN from Rosette, LLP

Basic Time Entry Software

I loved the spellcheck feature and of all of the billing softwares I used, PCLaw was the best because it was the most simple.

Pros

PCLaw is a straightforward, basic, easy-to-use time entry software used for billing. No frills with the software, but no frills are needed!

Cons

The worst part about PCLaw is that sometimes it would freeze and I would lose all my time entries! Very frustrating.

Yaakov from Gropper

Industry: Law Practice

Ok, but doesn't beat cloud

Not bad, but I don;t think it can compete with cloud/remote products

Pros

Works well, and produces the right reports quickly

Cons

A bit clunky, especially compared to web-based

PCLaw

Pros

PCLaw has a great spell checker and it will ensure your client gets accurate reports.

Cons

Many features are old and tired and need to be updated.

Anne from Fazakas Law

Data Corruption / ZERO support which was purchased

HORRIFIC! I called in yesterday and was automatically in position 68 in the cue. chose the option for a call back today I have still not received a call back. Called back again today was put in position 45 in the cue have been on hold for almost 2 hours and am in position 39 in the cue. Entered into the live chat support at 11:20am at position 5 in the online cue. at 12:20 I was at position 3 in the cue and got cut off! NO agents are available. We can't chat right now. Try again later.

Pros

many years ago this was a quality company.

Cons

On a regular basis there is data corruption such as : Zero balance on a GST/HST repot; wrong numbers in Accounts receivable; Client files gone missing; Support which we pay for yearly (because of all the data corruption) is non existent. They do not answer the phone, do not show up for online support. do not call back when you press for a call back. What a scam!

Jessica from Ducharme Law

Outdated software

Pros

It's familiar and most law firms use it.

Cons

It's outdated and doesn't sync well with other programs. This program froze almost every single day and unless you paid for support (at a large sum) you couldn't get any help. It was extremely frustrating.

Linda from The Law Office of Kevin O'Grady

PCLAW - don't use

It worked well about 10 years ago but they do not seem to do much work upgrading the system. Since 2020 the customer service has been very poor. We will be looking at Soluno.

Pros

It is an enterprise system where the data and system are locally based. If the internet goes down, you still have access to the data and client information.

Cons

It was good in the day but now, the system is incompatible with 64bit outlook so you cannot save the email, there is data corruption, customer service is poor ( no one answers the phone, reluctant to escalate your case and when you use the chat function, instead of finding an answer for you they send you an article link, etc), system freezes a lot, etc.

roch from Legal Services

Bad service many bugs in the program

It is not practical to use because of the lack of customer support and frustration at using this software. Our office has been down for three days and calls are not always returned to get the problem fixed. Timer is money and because my calendar went down I could not access a clients file for court appearances and missed court dates because of it .

Pros

It has a lot of features that helps billing and tracking clients and producing reports

Cons

It constantly freezes and crashes and it takes reboots to get it going again and in the meantime I dont have access to my calendars or customer reports

Dan from Law Offices of David K Tran

Ok information input.

Pros

The software has a lot of functionality. This software will cover all of your legal and law firm related tasks and organization.

Cons

Product is mediocre when comparing with various law firm related softwares. The ease of use is subpar and the interface is confusing.

Anthony from Faruqi & Faruqi LLP

Industry: Law Practice

A mediocre program for small businesses

Pros

The way that it mirrored Excel allowed for seamless transposition of time entries.

Cons

I found it very tedious to have to go back and forth for every single entry to edit time, text, or matter number that it was assigned to rather than being able to do it all in one place. I also found the reports and methodology to be difficult in how to navigate through PCLaw in order to find the appropriate reports to create time records.

James from Malek & Malek

They will not provide API to integrate with my case management system

Looking for a different accounting package. Been with this package for years.

Pros

Not sure if I can give an answer to this question.

Cons

We upgraded to the most recent version in hopes that we could use their API to share financial data with a separate case management system we use. The data for both is stored on our SQL database. Unfortunately, PC Law will not make their API available. After spending the time and money to upgrade, it appears it was all done in vain.

Pamela from Murray, Tillotson & Burton, Chartered

Not a fan.

We used the product for many years and it overall worked okay for the price. Eventually the updates caused the program to basically not function and we had to switch to a cloud-based program that worked much better.

Pros

The best part of the software was the customizability of almost everything. Any time something was not a way we liked it, we could just change it.

Cons

The software complexity can be a little overwhelming if you just need a simple billing software. Also, not cloud accessible.

Randy from Ungarlaw

Old User Thoroughly Dissatisfied

I believe PCLAW is yesterdays tech that is not properly supported. I would think Lexis should spend the time to upgrade this program for internet/tablet/phone and reintroduce. Till then avoid at all costs mainly because Lexis support is terrible and worse uncaring.

Pros

If You can get it working it does everything a lawyer accounting program should do

Cons

1. Customer support could not get my program working after multiple hours over multiple days. My account rep then set up an engineering appointment which necessitated me waiting by the phone that never happened. You can never get anyone on the phone! I wanted badly to use PCLAW and finally just gave up.

Larry from Mehaffy Weber, PC.

Industry: Law Practice

PC Law is an extremely powerful tool in the legal environment

Offers Comprehensive reporting and gives ability to keep all case information, information regarding parties, file notes, assignments and appointments.

Pros

Provides access to technology tools to streamline projects efficiently and professionally.

Cons

PCLaw seems a bit intimidating at first but very user friendly.

David from FCE

Terrible experience

Pros

The software offered split billing, which is something needed in my practice and not something that exists with lots of companies.

Cons

Customer service is terrible. The program failed after four years. It simply crashed. Despite spending over the program, they offer no support, unless I pay additional. If I had known about their lack of support for a flawed product, I never would have agreed to purchase this product.