• Pros

• "Ease of use, great support team, integration with other software, and capable, helpful and supportive program. This software is so user-friendly and I love the backup feature in Platinum Ultimate!"

• "I like being able to sync my attornies different calendars and manage everyone in one spot. It's simple and efficient."

• "Best way to capture all information on many levels."

• Cons

• "Maybe it could use an update, seems like even though the software is helpful they could update how the information comes through."

• "The many features create a steep learning curve, but, again, the customer support solves this."

• "The learning curve may be the steepest and costliest of any comparable product. However, there is no way around this to achieve the highest and best use of the product."

Browse PracticeMaster Reviews

Stefanie from Dellutri Law Group

Industry: Law Practice

Once you learn it - you'll love it!

Overall, it is a wonderful program. At my old firm we had to use 3 different programs to do what PracticeMaster does alone. It's great.

Pros

The options of what you can do with this program seem to be almost endless. Every week it seems like we are learning something new and a way to impliment something to improve our processes. It is a great program and a one-stop-shop!

Cons

It can be VERY tricky to learn. I am a "millennial" who has grown up with computers and know my way around most programs pretty easily. However, it did take me a while to get used to the program and to learn exactly what it is capable of. Not every area of the program is user friendly, so it can be frustrating when you are still trying to learn the program.

Response from Tabs3 Software

Replied December 2018

Stefanie, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! Please remember that Support is here to answer your questions, we'll be happy to talk with you about PracticeMaster's features and help you with customization. Have a great day! - Emily L., Sr. Technical Support Representative

Andrew from Felser PC

Industry: Law Practice

A robust, reliable, scalable product for managing a law practice of any size

I use the product in a server environment rather than online. I prefer the added up-time and security that an in-house server provides. Tech support has been consistently responsive. I have used the full-bore suite for trust accounting, bookkeeping and billing for more than a year. The back-office functions do take time to understand how to set up operate and require initial assistance from an experienced user. This is where the "hidden" cost is, but once that work was done the benefits outweighed the cost. Among them, each module is synced to each other component. Payments from trust, for example, immediately post to the bank account ledger and billing program.

Pros

Feature-rich, especially Version 19 and the TABS3 billing/trust/accounting suite. Manage clients, contacts, calendars, timekeepers, and the entire back office. The UI (user interface) is now very UF (user friendly). Extremely stable and reliable. Scalable. Very competetive pricing for solo practitioners is available. Reasonable pricing for the capabilities offered.

Cons

Response from Tabs3 Software

Replied December 2018

Andrew, Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate your thoughtful feedback and response. If you think of something that would make your workflow easier, please don't hesitate to contact Support and ask about it--if we can't find a way to do it, we can submit your thoughts to our Development team! Thanks again! - Emily L., Sr. Technical Support Representative

September 2016

Tim from InFocus Family Law Firm, P.L.

September 2016

Reliable, flexible and feature rich product

We have been using over 6 years. The company has been around a very long time and has a sold, feature rich product that can be tailored to work for most everyone. Lots of modules to support accounting, document management and payables. They have integration with several key players like Worldox. There are many more features than any one firm would use but it is built to be flexible and to accommodate a wide range of practices and use. Biggest con for me is that there is no web or client portal features beyond their Tabs3Connect product.

Pros

Feature rich. Rock solid stability and reliability. Strong technical support with a good network of 3rd party trainers and support.

Cons

I'm not planning on changing anytime soon, but would like to see a couple of key improvements. First, add more modern web and client portal features that newer web based products offer. Second, the license model could improve. This product is licensed by user (like most), but inactive users are included in the license count. In order to remove them from the license pool, you essentially have to combine the data from the old user into another active or inactive user account in order to free up a license for someone else. This likely occurs with some other competitors but in my opinion could be re-developed more thoughtfully.

Practice Master is good but the partner Tabs3 is not

I've been using PM since 2012 so I am intimately familiar with the application, but it's just not up to date with technology, should be web based, takes too long to get approved with new versions of Office, etc.

Pros

PM on the surface seems like a great product. You can attach documents to each matter, but after a while you run out of space on the server because of all the incoming mail for each client, briefs, motions, letters, cross-motions, interrogatories, all add up. The calendar is good to get an idea of where everyone is, but the old style tickler is not really available like it should be. To remind staff of deadlines, so it's if you happen to see it on the calendar which is just not acceptable. Tabs, the main part of the applications, appears on the surface to be an all encompassing program to fix all your needs and you can get rid of all the extra applications, nope. It is not intuitive, can't manipulate, too hard to train the staff on, work flows are not great either.

Cons

Disappointed Tabs is not all its cracked up to be. Thought I could get rid of our hourly billing system as well as our financial system which is all separated. You can't modify it to work with how your firm works.

August 2016

Ben from Atwood, Holsten, Brown, Deaver & Spier Law Firm

August 2016

Makes case files searchable

Our tailor-made PracticeMaster suite makes it easy for everyone at our law firm to organize, search, and share any kind of document that might be associated with a case, from pleadings, discovery, and correspondence to case expenses and document form templates. The need for us to create and maintain our own computer folder hierarchy has been eliminated by this software, which does it automatically. The search function is more streamlined than the Windows or Macintosh search. PracticeMaster has its own messaging service, which allows anyone to attach a notification to a case document. PracticeMaster has been skillfully created with an understanding of the needs and demands of a working law firm.

Pros

PracticeMaster has a wide range of functionality. Creating and sharing documents, sending notifications to coworkers, and tracking billable hours are all possible without any add-ons that muddy the experience.

Cons

Like other highly powerful and versatile software, PracticeMaster has an interface that is initially difficult to understand. A photoediting suite may give you the ability to add ambient blurring and stitch multiple photos together via an algorithm, but if you don't know the interface, you will probably struggle to figure out how to rotate the picture or zoom in. It takes a while to get over these early navigational difficulties.

Matt from iVenture Solutions

Industry: Law Practice

Representatives was the best technical support person I have ever spoken with! He is an asset to your company!

Pros

The support offered by its rep! he walked me through the Outlook/Exchange Integration from start to finish. Then they supported his walk-through with solid documentation. His knowledge of the product gave me the confidence to continue to use and support the product. He is truly a great asset to the Tabs3 team! Thank you for caring, it really shows!

Cons

I have no cons as of yet.

Don from Business Assistants, Inc.

PracticeMaster - fits my work flow

PracticeMaster lets me keep all the information about a case in one location - in PracticeMaster. Case information, Contacts, Documents, Notes, E-mail, Research, Phone Calls - everything. The WorkFlow feature is tremendous. It lets me customize and automate sequences of events that happen in my work. The document management feature is my best friend. Being able to add and remove fields and customize the screens for MY data makes life so much easier.

Pros

WorkFlows, Filters, Customization, Document Management.

User Friendly, Easy to Use

I have been able to arrange my day and get more tasks done. Working efficiently is key, when you work for several attorneys.

Cons

Versatile System for many needs.

Pros

It allows all the employees to have a shared interface to calendar and track activities on their cases. It helps keep most things in one area.

Cons

Way too many functions, it requires a training for every person that uses it or people begin to cut corners. It's a little messy.

Laura from Johnson Flodman Guenzel & Widger

Great product

I've used PracticeMaster for the past seven years, and it is a great product! I highly recommend it to all law firms.

Pros

Best way to capture all information on many levels.

Cons

Difficult to add/subtract features to make it more functional for individual firms.

Merle from Svehla Law Offices

PracticeMaster

Product is fully functional meeting all our requirements for and software support is outstanding. Document management feature is one of the best I have seen/used and it is integrated in the product which makes it even more powerful.

Pros

It is fully integrated functional system with the billing accounting and trust functions. Also the interface with ProPay for credit card payments is fully seamless.

Cons

nothing

Bonnie from Humphrey Law Office PC

Industry: Law Practice

This software continues to improve, and to treat their customers like gold!

As indicated previously, this is simply amazing.

Cindy from Michael Sullivan & Assoicates

PracticeMaster review summary

We are impressed with the ability to customize PracticeMaster to meet our firm's needs. We have taken significant advantage of the new features offered in Document Management as well as the work flows. We would like to see a couple new features that would greatly impact our ability to see a long-term future with PracticeMaster as our database. We would like to be able to archive in PracticeMaster similar to the way you can in Tabs3 where the archived records can be excluded from searches and displays, but the matter can be made active again from archive if needed. We would also like to see the ability with your financial software to have a sort by location. We currently have 7 offices, and are using QuickBooks for our general ledger and AP software because using the Tabs3 software would require us to set up 7 charts of accounts in order to separate reports by office location. This is a major disadvantage considering the fact that our firm continues to grow, and it is anticipated we will open 1-2 new offices next year. This is also the hold-up of not purchasing the Tabs3 accounting software. We also really appreciate Judy Lassek, our Tabs3 reseller. She is instrumental in our taking advantage of the various features and capabilities of the software. We rely upon her expertise greatly.

Hayley from Robin Neil Rhodes,Attorney at Law, PLLC

Okay.

It worked for our office for many years just became outdated quickly.

Pros

Access to files and tons of information all in one spot. Some what easy to use. Worked for us for awhile.

Cons

Has to be manually updated to keep up with other software for integration purposes. Difficult to maneuver at times. Alittle out dated.

Response from Software Technology

Replied August 2018

Hayley, thank you for your review! We recently released Version 19 of PracticeMaster, with a completely redesigned user interface, and tons of new features, including a Dashboard view. Firms with an active maintenance contract get updates throughout the year and new major releases, as well as technical support. If you'd like to see what Version 19 can offer you, you can see all of the new features on our website, https://www.tabs3.com Thanks again! - Emily L., Sr. Technical Support Representative

Kandice from Bradley & Riley PC

Powerful software

The major benefit is the streamlining of our processes.

Pros

I like the ease of accessing information regarding clients or contacts without "clicking" through to other places. It integrates with Worldox, our document management software, so the user doesn't even have to leave the program to get files associated and stored there. The calendar syncs seamlessly with outlook as well as the emailing capabilities.

Cons

The initial conversion was challenging but other than that I haven't found much that I don't like. There are some settings that default which I didn't like, but I was able to easily turn those off.

Keith from the Foster & Buick Law Group, LLC

April 2015

Solid product that needs development

Having moved from TimeMatters, I miss many of the features that were available with that product. Despite that, I am glad I made the move. There are some basic features that should be included in PracticeMaster and even a quick review of that product would give ideas for enhancements. What I appreciate is the speed of this product and the reliability. In fairness, there are features of PracticeMaster that work much better so it may must be the learning curve for me. Why in the world would they not have a Recycle Bin for deleted items, however, is beyond me.

Response from Software Technology

Replied June 2015

Hi Keith, I spoke to the Product Development team and we have had a few requests for a Recycle Bin feature, but due the software infrastructure, it would be a very large feature to implement. I have shared your request with the Product Development team as a suggestion for Version 19 enhancements. If you'd like to add any more suggestions for Version 19, please email wishlist@tabs3.com and we'll add it to our list for improvements!

Frustrating all around

Pros

Very little. I do not find this software reliable and I have problems with it syncing to my calendar.

Cons

Does not seem to automatically calculate related dates and deadlines. Difficult to sync with Outlook.

Response from Software Technology

Replied June 2018

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having problems! We'd like to work with you to help you resolve them. Our Support Department is available 8-5 Central time, Monday-Friday. We can show you how to set up PracticeMaster Calendar Plans to automatically calculate dates and deadlines, or, if applicable, discuss our integration with CalendarRules to help you out. We can also help troubleshoot any issues with the Outlook synchronization. Please consider reaching out to us so we can make your experience better. Contact information for Support via phone/email can be found here: http://www.tabs3.com/support/support.html Thank you! Emily L. Senior Technical Support Representative

Josieda from Conner, Lawrence & Rodney, LLP

Flexible, powerful management product

PracticeMaster has helped our family law and estate planning firm manage both professional and client contacts. The document management functionality has all but eliminated issues regarding misplacement of files. The ability to utterly customize the forms for clients and contacts is much appreciated, and the syncing between Outlook and PM works flawlessly in Platinum. I wish there were an easier way for our legal assistants to track their time with clients, however. Unlike our attorneys, our paralegals have very short interactions with clients, and logging that time is a bit tedious. Also, I wish there were hyperlinking between contact names and their usage in client files. As a last word, I have never in my life dealt with more helpful and patient customer service representatives. Given the level of customization available to each deployment of their software, their ability to accurately walk us through solutions is utterly astounding.

John from The Rowe Law Firm, LLC

Accommodating

I have been practicing law for over 40 years. I have never encountered a vendor more willing to work to resolve my specific issues. Practice Master took a number of hours to rewrite code to provide the information how I wanted it so I could track matters tailored to my specific needs. The courtesy, knowledge, and accommodation simply are outstanding.

Pros

Many features are available, and are more than I'll use. The customer support enables the unused features to be removed.

Chelsea from Sweet Law Firm

Product is nice, but could use an update

Pros

I like how we are able to synch with Outlook and view the calendar on our phones. The layout is also nice in that tasks are listed at the top so that we know what is due that day. The software is pretty user friendly as well.

Cons

The look of the calendar function do use an update in making it look more modern. When using it, it feels older than it is

Karen from Brinkley Walser Stoner, PLLC

Everything in one place

Our office purchased PM to help us become more paperless. Having all our documents saved in PM sure beats going to off-site storage or to someone else's office to find a physical file. Our biggest hurdle has been getting the older attorneys and paralegals to trust it and turn loose of the physical files. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is that I think some of the billing information should be included in PM since the attorney/paralegal is setting up the client there. In our office generally everyone is only familiar with PM and not TABS so they miss some of the information that I need for billing purposes.

Edie from Legal Software Solutions

PracticeMaster for billing

My favorite feature of PracticeMaster is the ease for journaling emails, notes, phone calls and more throughout the day and then going to one screen that allows me to bill for all of these tasks very quickly and efficiently. The fact that I can add fields and customize the product to fit my business needs is also a tremendous feature over the competition. As an independent software consultant for law firms I could use any one of the myriad of products on the market today. PracticeMaster has always performed perfectly for me and has allowed me to serve many happy clients.

James from Becker Law Firm

Best we have used

Overall this is the best practice management software our firm has used. It integrates flawlessly with Tabs3 and produces seamless results. There are only a couple of drawbacks. First, the menu system can take a little bit of learning and it is not quite as intuitive as Amicus (but that is a small trade-off given Amicus' horrible instability). The second drawback is that the pricing is a bit aggressive for a small law firm that wants to be able to work remotely. In order to do that you have to upgrade to the highest platform and the price becomes difficult.

Jennifer from Rydberg Law

April 2015

I could not live without this software

I have used this software ever since it was developed. It is easy to use, accurate, comprehensive, and indispensable for my law practice. I love that it integrates seamlessly with the other STI software that I use. I don't miss deadlines, and I love the calendaring piece of this software. Enter 3 dates on my keyboard, and 50+ deadlines and ticklers are loaded into my trial calendar -- similarly for probates, guardianships, and other litigation and non-litigation cases -- accurately and dependably. This syncs easily with my Blackberry, too.

April 2015

Don from Business Assistants, inc.

April 2015

PracticeMaster Works for me!

I use PracticeMaster to help me run my business and management my work. It is very customizable, and its rich array of features lets me do more and more with it. I find myself asking the question: "What is it I want the program to do for me?", and then using a combination of features to do it. Probably the best feature is the Document Management System, and my second favorite is the WorkFlow (automation of work processes). The Mobility feature, Tabs3Connect, so so easy and powerful that many times I leave my office with just my iPad.

Donna from Beyond Square One

Certified Reseller Practice Master Review

I consult with law firms on which software to purchase for their needs. I can honestly say this is my favorite Practice Management software on the market right now. It is the most versatile and inclusive of features. The web connection to your data, puts its competitors to shame. STI has the best customer support that I have ever worked with, they really want to help you solve your problems.

Paul from Attorney Computer Systems

A flexible approach to Practice Management

At the forefront in the practice management category when it was released in the 90's, PracticeMaster has remained a leader the the field by providing the flexibility, integration, and support that are necessary to make practice management a reality. I've worked with PracticeMaster since then, and have hundreds of clients using it to manage cases, calendars, email, and documents

Jim from CompassPOINT Legal

PracticeMaster for Comprehensive Case Management Needs

PracticeMaster addresses law firms primary pain points that typically include: document and email management, appointments and tasks, case and research notes, phone records, contact management, conflicts checking, and more. The software is intuitive and comes with training videos, excellent documentation and on line help.

Noah from The Northwest Consumer Law Center

May 2016

Reliable, robust, and feature-rich, but sacrifices intuitiveness in some areas

The software is great, and the support is great. The main drawback for us is that the software is not designed for nonprofit legal aid organizations, which presents some challenges and limitations around new client intake and case outcome and demographic reporting.

David from Pathway Law LLC

7 years running and couldn't operate our firm without it

Amazing with billing allocations, allows us to do fee splitting that most web-based programs do not allow. Full features. Just moved our entire office to cloud-based applications through Air-Desk so now we get PracticeMaster and TABS3 in the cloud.

jann from dunlap & soderland

PracticeMaster

I find Outlook to be much more intuitive, easier to use. I don't like not having a search function. The maintenance has skyrocketed, but we still don't have this basic feature unless we go to the Premium version. Feels like highway robbery.

Response from Software Technology

Replied May 2016

Jann, Thanks for taking the time to talk to us today! We're glad that we could show you some of our PracticeMaster search features. We hope this helps you get the most out of PracticeMaster! If you have any additional questions or product suggestions, please dont hesitate to contact us at 402-419-2210.

April 2016

Kelley from Matthews Eastmoore

April 2016

Satisfied clients for ten years. Meets our needs and expectations

Version 17 brought significant enhancements fixing some of the cons experienced previously. Easy to use - training is not difficult and made easier by the tutorials available.

R from Kopf HealthLaw, LLC

Attorney solo practice

Program meant for larger law firms, but I've used it for years because of your outstanding tech support

Natalie from Lowe Law Firm, LLP

User Friendly

Have never had any problems using this software...very easy to figure out.

K from Purdue Law Offices, LLc

PM

I really like the software. It is very easy to use.