• Pros

• "This software was easy to implement and it smoothly integrates with other systems. I love having access to it from anywhere."

• "Intuitive, easy to use, great customer support, and never had an issue with the system not be available. The new multiple timers are a great addition."

• "Billing = $. Rocket Matter keeps me organized and allows me to not miss a billing opportunity. The interface is excellent. "

• Cons

• "It's not the cheapest program available, but I think it offers good value for money."

• "A few glitches here and there, but nothing is perfect."

• "There are only a few integrations currently, but they are the important ones. "

Browse Rocket Matter Reviews

Oswaldo from World Health Centers, LLC.

GREAT software to keep track of your cases and bill hours. A bit expensive.

BILLABLE HOURS! Keep track of them. TEMPLATES! Based on the kind of law you practice. CONTACTS! Let's say you have an adjuster saved as a contact, he calls to settle a case, then you're able to see all cases with him and discuss all.

Pros

When set up properly you can just open new case and auto assign tasks to your staff by templates. We are an Injury Law and this software has made our practice a heck of a lot easier.

Cons

PRICE. Every user is billed separately. Would be nice to have have packages based on the size of the law firm.

James from Buesing Law Office, PLLC

Great Service and Functionality

I am very pleased with the service.

Pros

That is is a cloud based program with updates and customer service included in the subscription.

Cons

I would like a billing option to have the timer, with a short description of the action (that is always generated on the invoicing), but another section for notes (because I will sometime take notes on the timer description) that do not generate on the invoicing. Because, sometimes I will have to go back through the invoice and delete verbiage. Also, the phone/iPad app does not work very well...I find.

Reasons for Choosing Rocket Matter

Not sure...honestly. I just looked at RM first and liked it.

Reasons for Switching to Rocket Matter

Amicus always seemed to have issues, had updates that needed to be purchased that were costly, and required you to be at the computer in the office to access.

SJ from Bielski Law Office, Ltd.

Good but not the best

Rocket Matter was perfect for us when we only had 25-50 matters. And like I said, the billing was superior to any other practice management software we have used. I think if you are a firm that doesn't do volume work on a daily basis, this is excellent software.

Pros

This is a basic, user friendly software that is great for non-volume practice management and makes legal billing very easy. It keeps track of all your matters and clients, and you can tag multiple matters to a client. You can search by client or matter, and it stores all the contact data for your clients.

Cons

We are a tiny volume law firm that handles 500 matters simultaneously. Rocket Matter was not enough for us. We switched to a practice management software that has checklists and steps - once you've checked off the items for one step, it moves you to the next step. Rocket Matter did not have that dynamic functionality we require.

Brent from Law Office of Brent D. Bowen, PLLC

RM Review

Overall experience is enjoyable. I am hoping for some updates soon to address some of my concerns.

Pros

I have really liked this software for several years. It is easy to use, tracking time is simple. billing overall is easy to use. I love the document template function, that is what drove me to RM. The calendar integrates well with google, only a few issues here and there.

Cons

Wish I could text clients from software- have to have add on Wish I could do some sort of docusign for contracts through software Wish I could do some enhancements will flat fee billing

Reasons for Choosing Rocket Matter

at the time only rocket matter had two way calendaring.

Reasons for Switching to Rocket Matter

I needed to do hourly billing more simply.

Rebecca from Gerstle, Minissale & Snelson

Rocket Matter Review

Pros

The Rocket Matter calendar feature is very easy to use and visually see the entire firm's calendar at once. Additionally entering billable time is fairly easy and streamlined.

Cons

Tasks can only be assigned to one user at a time. There should be a feature to allow additional users to at least view tasks assigned to another user on the second users dashboard and task list.

Reasons for Switching to Rocket Matter

Case One did not have all of the calendar features that our firm needed.

Jessica from Hollingshead & Dudley

Industry: Law Practice

Great for a small law firm

I've loved using this product, it's simple and keeps my firm organized.

Pros

Many features with Rocket Matter are similar to other software out there. I've sat through a lot of tutorials while considering making a switch, no reason in particular, just wanted to know if there was something better available. I will say the one thing I love about this product is it is very user friendly. Functions and features are consistently being added to make daily tasks easier. Our firm practices both criminal defense and plaintiff's work, the software works well for both. Tracking time, billing, calendaring, assigning tasks, everything is basically accessible anywhere you are in the system. I also love the layout, being able to customize, the drop-down feature helps keep me organized and the page clean. Customer service is also great, any issue I've ever had has been courteously addressed and followed up on.

Cons

I wish there was a way to track who put something in at what time, and if it was deleted or edited, who and at what time that happened. Would also love more integration with case law sites or software and possibly a way to save said case law to certain matters for easy access in the future. File storage seemed to be the main issue I noticed while looking into other products, however, for the price of Rocket Matter, what is offered is understandable.

Reasons for Choosing Rocket Matter

When I joined the firm we were already using Rocket Matter, however, the reason I haven't switched is because of the value of the product.

BARBARA from CHRISTOPHILLIS & GALLIVAN

September 2016

Rocket Matter Support Team can't be Beat!

Although I feel that there are some features that could be adjusted or tweaked to make better, I gave a resounding 5 star rating to the service team there and would have given more if available. When I hit a road block, 9 times out of 10, the team there gets it "fixed" while I'm on the phone, within minutes, (I do like being able to talk with a human quickly for most problems). If the issue is one that is a bit more complicated, they do not hesitate to get help from someone who has maybe been there longer or might have had the issue come up before. And, they are always willing to "put suggestions" in front of the developing team. They always work with you on your level and can put it in words that anyone can understand.

Pros

That I can get help anytime I need it. Again, hats off to a great support team!

Cons

the calendar . . . I wish it was easier to enter events without having to go back and forth between the calendar and the event screen . . . that you could enter multiple events on the same screen . . . I wish that there were more color categories . . . We use outlook calendar and cannot sync with Rocket Matter for this reason. We use different color categories for mediations, hearings, etc. And, combine those categories with the attorney/people attending each. Do not like that you have individual "blocks" if more than one person is attending the same event.

September 2016

maggie from law office of camilla d. cochran

rocketmatter review

i consider rocketmatter the "american express" of law office software. both rocketmatter and american express offer me" first rate customer service" - it is as simple as that! when i have an issue , i want to speak with a real live expert who can help me resolve the issue. i don't want to send an email only to get back some confusing response which may not make sense to me... nor do i want to wade through a phone tree for 20 minutes (at least!) only to end up in the wrong dept. and then get disconnected when i am transferred. i hope rocketmatter continues their superb customer service focus - so i can continue to be a loyal customer.

Pros

highly intuitive from a user perspective.

Cons

i still think that the statement page is confusing. the date of last payment should be notable on statement page. the ability to enter more than one payment per month along with dates should be an option and notable on statement page. not that impressed with the new interface - find it slows me down in entry of data.

October 2015

October 2015

A Clio Alternative

I thoroughly researched and personally tested several case management systems, both cloud-based and not, before deciding on RocketMatter. During my decision-making process, the sales staff were helpful and never pushy. Once I made the decision, they had me up and running in no time flat. The learning curve is gentle. RocketMatter now saves me hours (if not actual days) each month, which I can devote to billable tasks rather than the billing process. I would highly recommend RocketMatter to any small law firm out there!

Pros

-Fantastic customer service! Always prompt, friendly, knowledgeable and professional! -Very user-friendly format, easy to learn quickly. -Batch billing. Enough said.

Cons

I would like to see more customizable reports, including reports based on custom fields. I would like to see the included fields be more customizable. (For example, instead of a dedicated field for "Office Phone" how about making it a telephone number field that can be specified as to whether it is for the client's home, office, mobile, etc., in much the same way as Contacts are handled in the Apple iOS?) At the very least, that field should be "Primary Phone" rather than "Office Phone." I would also like to see a messaging feature built into the Client Portal, so that messages can be sent back and forth to clients from within RocketMatter. Finally, I would like to have built in functions for automatically adding interest on past due balances when invoicing, as well as the ability to add a monthly fee based on a percentage of current billing. (These are functions that Abacus has built in, but I wouldn't even consider using Abacus at any point in the future.)

adam from Legal services

Best Bang for your Buck

The support is great and the product is also great. There is not a better option out there, at least for a small firm. Nothing is perfect so I did not give it 5 stars on some items. It does significantly more than we need it for but we obviously have the option to expand our usage.

Pros

It captures all information I need and is easy to access.

Cons

It is still expensive for a small firm like us. We are paying for a large number of features which have no application for us.

Reasons for Choosing Rocket Matter

value and ease of use. Nothing compares.

Reasons for Switching to Rocket Matter

More value and the ease of use

Liisa from Speaker Law Firm

Industry: Law Practice

Rocket Matter is great case management software

It has been very good which is why we have stuck with them for 7 years now. It is especially highlighted for me now that we also have a CRM software. We have had 2 different CRMs and neither one of them had the easy standard reporting features of Rocket Matter. I would consider using RM if they had a CRM.

Pros

I love the reporting features that are built in. It makes it easy for me to find data about the operation of the business. It is very easy to run invoices and track time.

Cons

It is difficult to pull reports that are not standard part of RM package. The RM team has helped us device a way to do so but it is still clunky. It also took approx 20 hours of my staff time working with RM team to make it possible to add interest to client invoices. It something that should be standard in any case management software that does billing.

Reasons for Choosing Rocket Matter

Rocket Matter was able to be more flexible with our team and develop a contract that worked for us. That was the selling point and is why I will not go to Clio.

Reasons for Switching to Rocket Matter

Time Matters was software not cloud based and it was getting difficult to maintain. Also their customer service was not helpful.

July 2016

Steve from Clarie Law Offices, P.A.

July 2016

Awesome in the cloud practice management service!!!

Our law firm has been using Rocket Matter since 2012. Moving to the cloud was a bit of a learning curve for some of our staff, but they quickly caught on. Since then we have continued to grow in our overall usage of Rocket Matter features and functionality. As a result our firm productivity has increased greatly - particularly in the areas of capturing time and expenses. This in turn has improved our billing and relatedly impacted our profitability. Being able to quickly capture information and bill our clients translates into faster payment receipt because if the invoices don't go out timely, the less likely you are to receive payment anytime soon! Overall I can't see the firm ever moving away from in-the-cloud practice management software as it allows our staff to access and enter key information from anywhere - office, home, while traveling.

Pros

Ease of use. Available across numerous platforms. Accessible anywhere there is internet connectivity. UI appearance (aesthetics). "Spotlight" search and Advanced Search functionality. Customizable invoices (MS Word document format). Responsiveness of app/software. Friendly customer service reps who assist us with questions or issues that may arise.

Cons

Initially the reporting capabilities were rather limited in Rocket Matter, but have only improved steadily. Recent additions such as the advanced analytical reports are proving to be very useful tools for the firm owners to monitor the practice's "metrics".

Rogelio from Katz Law Office Ltd

July 2016

Rocket Matter is everything you need. And it is Great!

Rocket Matters (RM) is everything you need for your law office and most other practices. My company has been using it since around January 2013 and we are very happy with it. Before I have used ProLaw, Clio, and Abacuslaw but RM blows the others out of the water.

Pros

You can upload documents to every matter/case you have. You can put in transactions. This is specially useful so that any user can see what has been happening in the case. It is also very easy to read unlike ProLaw/Abacuslaw. The system feels clean and clutter free. The system is very easy to use. Adding documents/notes/transactions/billing is very useful. We love that we are able to add tags to matters. Very often you have case numbers, family members that are a part of the case but the name of the case is in someone else's name. Without these it is very difficult to match some correspondences to their cases. There is a build in time you can use to assist you with billing for what you are doing. RM is very easy to teach to new staff. Most things are self explanatory.

Cons

Very few. Sometimes when they redesign the system it can take some getting used to. But this is true of every program out there. And even then they give you over 30 days were you can try the new design and still go back to the old one if you have trouble with it. Sometimes the system can be slow. However this can be a combination of the computer and internet speed. Sometimes you can't duplicate case names. Which makes sense in a way since you don't want to confuse it with another case and make an error, but too often client's have the same name.

Lynn from Lynn A. Johnson Law office LLC

RM Review for Law Office

I have used this product for timekeeping and billing for over 8 plus years now. It seems to work well with my office.

Pros

It is user friendly. Some of the billing I would like to change as to how it prints out, but maybe that is user error. Customer service is excellent!

Cons

The billing features are a little dated.

Reasons for Choosing Rocket Matter

I am not sure, but I thought at the time that it was probably more user friendly.

It was time to update.

Lisa from Sturm Law PLLC

Industry: Law Practice

Much better than previous billing software(s)!

It's been great. Support is fantastic!

Pros

It's very easy to use and the support staff is fantastic

Cons

There is not feature to add admin users for billing without paying for an additional user

Reasons for Choosing Rocket Matter

We used Time Matters previously but once we reviewed Rocket Matter we realized that it was much easier to use.

Reasons for Switching to Rocket Matter

Rocket Matter made more sense for our needs

Tracie from Law Offices of Joseph W. Booth

Billing is so much easier!

Overall Im very pleased.

Pros

The ease of batch billing and notifications to client. Our previous software was awful and did not include blast emailing to customers. Now that we have switched back to RM my billing is being done regularly and clients are not missing invoices.

Cons

Recently I needed a report run for a client and I was not able to easily get the information I needed.

Reasons for Choosing Rocket Matter

Seemed to fit my needs better and we had previously used it so I was familiar with it

Reasons for Switching to Rocket Matter

I am a 20 year paralegal and have used several different billing platforms. Zola Suite is literally the worst I have ever used.

McKenna from Herndon, Coleman, Brading and McKee

Industry: Law Practice

Rocket Matter makes my and my clients' lives easier

I love that I or my staff can look up anything we need to know about any case whenever we need to when a client calls; when we are on the go; or when working from home or on a trip. Uploaded documents and linking emails to a case on Rocketmatter makes every case file easy to find and use no matter where I am. It's like my whole filing cabinet is with me wherever I need it. And notes make digging through files for information or case status a thing of the past. I cannot tell you how much easier my life is since our firm has switched (and got my whole firm to switch) to Rocketmatter. Timekeeping woes are a thing of the past as I can enter time in my phone right from the courthouse. And billing takes 2 minutes instead of a whole day, with bills ready to be emailed or mailed to clients at a moment's notice. Clients really like the detailed, itemized statements Rocketmatter produces. The staff is responsive and ready to help.

Pros

Easy to use, keep everything organized, keeps me on track, increase communications between staff and attorneys, mobile.

Cons

The iPad app is very glitchy; two-way calendar syncing with iCal has long been difficult if not impossible; Syncing calendars with Google cal is glitchy; billing for large insurance companies (LEDES for example) is difficult; and the software can be slow at times depending on your access to high speed internet.

Mary Ellen from Siemens Family Law Group

Industry: Law Practice

Rocket Matter works well and the staff have always been very helpful. You have a good product.

Pros

I set up all the contacts, matters and users. I am the bookkeeper so I post all expenses and payments. I also post some time. All of the features work well. I also like some of the trust features. I also think that your support team is very good. They are always respectful and try to answer any questions that I have thrown their way.

Cons

Setting up matters - I would like to see a template that allows you to set hourly rates for employees. Trust accounting - It would be great if you could assign a minimum balance on the trust account for expenses such as court cost, register of deed, etc. For example the account can't deduct anything from the trust account for invoice when it reaches $200. Anything spend out of the $200 must be maunally posted. It would also be good if there was a way to produce trust letters like you produce invoices. I send out letters quarterly, annually and final.

???

Reasons for Switching to Rocket Matter

Honestly don't remember. I do remember having to rebuild files in that program and it was a pain.

Jodi from Martin Law Office LLC

Great program for Solo/Small Firm setting

I have been using Rocket Matter for the past 4 years and have been extremely satisfied with it. In my previous big firm life we used a billing system that wasted more time than it saved and we didn't even use a case management system. Starting my own firm I knew that I wanted something better that would streamline my practice. Rocket Matter filled those needs, plus some. The billing side of Rocket Matter makes my invoicing process more efficient and accurate. I handle a wide range of cases, so I use all of the billing options, to include flat fee, hourly, and contingency, and I like that Rocket Matter is set up to handle each of them. The trust accounting features allow me to stay on top of my trust account and know which files will need to be replenished. The integration with LawPay allows my clients to pay their invoices quicker. And my clients enjoy the client portal nearly as much as I do. On the few occasions I have encountered difficulties I have been able to reach out to support and receive quick and accurate assistance. The only reason I gave it four stars on features is because there are two things I think could be improved - it would be great 1) if clients could upload documents to the client portal and 2) if the billing in contingency cases was easier to close out. I can't imagine running my firm without Rocket Matter by my side.

Kasey from Law Office of Kasey L. Sirody

July 2016

Rocket Matter makes it easy to make money

I have been using this program for a few years for my small firm and love it. It is very easy to get started, add a client and start billing. Creating your invoices is equally as easy. Most of all, their customer service has been above and beyond and I truly appreciate that. I had an issue a few years back that seemed complex and they went in to the system and made the fix ASAP and were very considerate of the stress it was causing me not to be able to do my billing.

Pros

The iPhone app makes it easy to track billing on the road The interface is very user friendly They are very responsive to customer concerns I worked for a firm as a legal secretary before I was an attorney. We had an issue with losing billing one month and the backup was corrupted. We had to work round the clock to recreate the billing to get paid that month. It was a nightmare. Having this saves money and headaches.

Brennan from Aberle & Wall

Affordable and User Friendly

Overall, Rocket Matter combines the best features of case management software at a more affordable rate than their competitors.

Pros

Rocket Matter makes it very easy in our law practice to do new client intakes, use cloud storage to create digital versions of our files, keep real-time notes, check for potential conflicts, message within the office, reconcile our bookkeeping, send payments, and merge documents all in one place.

Cons

It would be helpful if the app had more features, such as messaging. The app shouldn't be a substitute for the desktop but I think the app could use a few upgrades.

Affordability.

Peggy Clarie from Clarie Law Offices

Industry: Law Practice

Rocket Matter the spine of our business

Pros

The software serves as the hub of the law practice. It manages case process billing and our document assembly. Very functional, great value for money and easy to use

Cons

The connectivity to rocket matter via web can sometimes be down. I believe it is a server issue and they are working on it.

Reasons for Choosing Rocket Matter

Much better billing features.

Reasons for Switching to Rocket Matter

Needed more user friendly product. They are wonderful in billing

H. Douglas from North Coast Legal, PLC

Rocket Matter = Single Most Important Decision I Made When Starting My New Firm

When I started my new practice, North Coast Legal, PLC, there were many decisions to make..... phone systems, billing, case management, location, staffing, etc..... I could not be happier with my case management/billing choice in Rocket Matter. I am more organized than I have ever been, I don't miss a $ of billing opportunity, my Invoices are complete, accurate and very professional. I.... Can't..... Recommend.... Rocket Matter... .Enough! Top notch product. Top notch customer service. Continuing to launch new, value added features.

Pros

Cons

Although the I-Phone App is good, there are some features missing from the PC interface. I wish there was a faster way to input payments of multiple Invoices. Right now too many steps. I've expressed this concern to Rocket Matter and based upon their track record, I fully expect they will address the issue.

Meghan from The Orlofsky Law Firm, P.L.

Excellent for Small Firms

As an associate in a small firm, this is an optimal way for me to gauge both my active/billable work, as well as the "behind the scenes" and administrative work that is required in a small firm. It has been helpful to see when and where billable time can be lost to logistics and administration, which allows for tweaks and, ultimately, more billable hours.

Pros

The Rocket Matter platform is both intuitive and easy to use. For our small firm, the ability to not just log and track hours and expenses, but also to generate invoices and bills is extremely useful and efficient.

Cons

If I were to suggest anything, it would to establish a smoother connection with programs like Chrometa, to allow for an easier integration of passive billing (meaning, to allow all activity to be logged then allow for edits--rather than manual input). This is clearly a concern that would also require improvements on other platforms, as well.

Shannon from Law Office of KW

Industry: Law Practice

Great tool for managing trust accounting, client billing, calendars and case notes in once place

RocketMatter acts as an automated trust accounting system that updates as I bill clients, and provides various reports and summaries to help analyze the financial needs of the business easily.

Pros

The billing system offers many options to tweak the system to suit many different billing situations for clients, such as billing method (hourly, flat fee, evergreen retainer, etc). You can upload invoice formats that you can customize to suit your needs. For example, we need invoices to be generated in English, Spanish, or in both languages depending on the client. We created formats per these 3 needs and can set the default invoice format per client or per matter. It also serves as a secondary record of trust accounting for the IOLTA account.

Cons

The Matter Documents system needs work. It's useful to be able to record notes, but they can't be exported, there's no option for generating a printer-friendly version, and you can't open them in new windows. That results in printing case notes taking up 30 to 60 minutes of my time.

Brandon from Anderholt Evans LLP

Great Tool for Any Practice

Pros

Rocket Matter is easy to use, works well with other integrations such as Google calendar. It is helpful to have a mobile app too because I can log hours after a call in the car after I pull over so I don't forget.

Cons

Only downside is that you have to hit bill when inputting hours because it is easy to forget that part.

Elizabeth from Blackbyrd Law

Pretty Easy Use For A Solo Practitioner

Overall it's a good product that I'm happy to continue using.

Pros

I like the customization I can build into my invoicing, including being able to generate pre-bills as a Word doc and then modify on the fly if I need to. I also encouraged a colleague to sign up and customer service was able to help her learn the produce and use it in her practice.

Cons

I wish the desktop client were more responsive when it comes to reminders. I don't always have my desktop client open and I don't get calendar reminders (i.e. remind me 1/3/7 days ahead of an event). I wish those reminders could push to the app or be set up to generate an email reminder (the way you can have Gmail send calendar reminders via email)

Reasons for Choosing Rocket Matter

A colleague of mine was using it and highly recommended it.

Joseph from The Law Offices of Joseph H. Nivin PC

Good product

It's much easier to track your time, send invoices, look at where you need to improve, and accept credit card payments. There is no doubt that my revenue has grown because of RocketMatter.

Pros

The team is very accessible. There are significant features, including task listing, a communicator, a timer, credit card merchant services, a report generator, and an invoice generator.

Cons

It's not always easy to find what you are looking for on the "reports" button, when you are looking for detailed information on the financial functioning of the firm. You sometimes have to guess which item on the menu to click on to get the information that you're looking for, unless you regularly generate the reports.

Reasons for Choosing Rocket Matter

RocketMatter had more features.

Jessica from LFM Defense

Does what we need

It does what we need, but its not the easiest to get around, or understand. Sort functions are not the best.

Pros

Easy to add and edit clients and matters.

Cons

The reports are not very friendly I feel and sorting is always a challenge it seems.

Cost

Christian from Danielsen Westhoff, PC

Easy to Use

My overall experience has been a super positive one. I have worked at places that did not have a billing system like this and it required some guesswork as to how much I worked on a case or to pull out a phone or stopwatch to log hours. This has made it much easier.

Pros

I like that it is easy to use. I can get where I want to easily. I find what I need to easily. It makes logging hours an easy task instead of an annoying one.

Cons

I really cannot think of any complaints. At prior jobs, I did not have a software system like this to use. There is nothing else to compare it to for me. But I just know that this one is easy and user-friendly.

Cierra from Ausman Law Firm

Helps our Firm Run Efficiently

As the office manager of a small, but very busy law firm I can confidently state we would not be able to function without Rocket Matter. Rocket Matter enhances our ability to accurately keep track of each client and their individual tasks and ledgers. Rocket Matter also has great functionality to keep track of the bigger picture including overall Trust Account ledgers. Admittedly, we do not use the phone message function, but I believe it is a very valuable tool, and yet another reason to make the jump to Rocket Matter if your firm is hesitant.

Pros

Clean, easy layout

Cons

Small glitches with how tasks are ordered.

Chris from Balch Law Group

Why I stay with RM

I keep getting calls from reps for Clio or other similar products and all I say is I'm happy with RM. If I have a problem, you help fix it. If I need to do something that I don't do often and can't remember the steps, you walk me through the process. Like my Apple products, it just works.

Pros

It mostly works like I work. Some of the various integrations and case management tools have a pretty steep learning curve, but they are not overwhelming.

Cons

There is not a way to track time in a file that is billed as a flat fee. Time tracking is needed so that profitability can be determined.

Reasons for Switching to Rocket Matter

It didn't work and was clunky.

Cathie from Mullin Law Firm

Better product

Good

Pros

Easier to use in catching billing items.

Cons

Transfer of documents from phone records

Rachel from Schaffer Law Firm PLLC

Best Case Management Software Hands Down

My firm has been with Rocketmatter since early 2011. I have looked and dabbled in other case management softwares but we just keep finding that Rocketmatter is the best fit for our firm. The user interface is so easy even the most untechnologically savvy person can use it! Just this past week Rocketmatter called me to tell me we were eligible for discount. Things like that and the CONSTANT updates to keep the software at the cutting edge for attorney purposes is why we will continue to stay with Rocketmatter.

Pros

easy user interface link to quickbooks and lawpay client portal

Cons

If a client forgets their portal password I have to call Rocketmatter to have it reset.

Patricia from Law Office of Howard May & Patricia Uro-May

Can't say for certain

I am a bit disapointed as i thought I would.could use it for many more things but i find the data collection process cumbersome. Perhaps there is a way I don't know about as I am not sufficiently familiar with the ways in which I could use this.

Pros

What is most useful to me is the billing aspect of it: keeping time and processing invoices and payments.

Cons

I think there are things I could be using but don't know how and there is not a personalized way to find out. I would do better with a one on one phone call even than the online classes

Seemed ideal

Heather from Fox and Lutz, LLC

Rocket Matter in the Legal Practice

Pros

The software is very easy to use and maneuver through. There seem to be frequent helpful updates made and everything one could need is within a click of a button.

Cons

This is not something that I dislike, just a possible future need, but it would be handy for a user to have the ability to enter time to be tentatively held in a comprehensive list format for each client that particular day and then later have each entry either accepted, denied or edited by a supervisor prior to billing.

Sara from The Law Office of Sara Pitcher

Excellent customer service

I love the customer service and the ability to access my documents from home or share with clients and my office staff. It is very convenient. It also makes invoicing very quick. The ability to integrate with Law Pay is nice also.

Pros

The customer service is excellent. My issues are always resolved very quickly and if I have any questions about how to use the software, I am always given step by step guidance.

Cons

I wish you were able to select who to share a document with as you were uploading it, rather than having to go through two separate steps.

Lisa from Kallemeyn & Kallemeyn

Streamlined billing and new features added frequently

We have used many integrated scheduling/client conflict/billing systems in the past and this is by far the best. This is a great workhorse system and with a little training, I was able to add a document assembly function.

Pros

Easy billing and scheduling. There are also a lot of 'extras' that can streamline work but aren't necessary to learn to simply keep track of client files.

Cons

The ability to put tasks in order appears to not work any longer

I liked the interface on Rocket Matter better than Clio's

August 2016

Amy from Center for Biological Diversity

August 2016

Excellent Service that Keeps Getting Better!

We started using RocketMatter about six years ago and it was the best billing decision we ever made. Highly recommend.

Pros

The program is intuitive and user-friendly. The support team is extremely responsive and always professional.

Cons

In the past, we've wished for certain features, and RocketMatter has delivered! The one thing we're currently wishing for is another Outlook plug-in that will allow us to choose matters while setting our schedules in our Outlook calendars. When we asked them about this recently, they said they're already working on it!

September 2016

John from Law Offices of John Z.

Keeps my life sane

Very satisfied overall. Like everything it could always use a few tweaks to coincide with the way I do things but I still find it to be the best system around for my practice

Pros

Cons

Wish it had a better Android interface. I also miss the stand alone timer window. I use the one on the main screen, but did like the separate window. Also wish I could download multiple documents to the portl at once instead of having to do so one at a time.

Tammy from Hentges & Associates, PLLC

Great product, user friendly

Rocket Matter is a great tool for tracking and maintaining client files and scheduling dockets. The billing is pretty straight forward--easy.

Pros

The ease of use and simplification of opening files. If a change needs to be made to a matter after it has been set up, it is easily changed or corrected.

Cons

Clients with more than one matter receive separate bills for each matter which is confusing. It would be helpful to allow clients with more than one matter to receive one bill. I would like to see one bill that includes all matters with each matter's costs and time separated. The invoice cover would summarize the costs and time for each matter then give a Client total. Hope this makes sense.

Nathan from The Petersen Law Firm

September 2016

Great software that makes running your firms easier and more efficient!

Great software that makes running your firms easier and more efficient! I have been using Rocket Matter since 2011 and will not be moving away. Tracking cases, recording time, dealing with billing and invoicing are all much easier with Rocket Matter! I am convinced that my firms makes significantly more because of Rocket Matter.

Pros

Easy to use, efficient and streamlines administrative tasks.

Cons

Would prefer to group discount or bundle deal for additional users.

Cheryl from Law office of Theresa W. Jenkins, Esq.

ROCKET MATTER gets an A!

Ease of use. convenience.

Pros

Rocket Matter was very user friendly. Generating Bills and entering payments was simplified with this newest version. Timekeeping is wonderful and the Messaging feature makes passing message to the file a breeze!

Cons

I seem to have lost my "notes" section without going in through the back door to find it... the lost feature could only be found by going into prior comments in the file and then clicking on the old note and adding from that screen.

Great For Office Organization

Pros

I liked that I could color code everyone in the office's calendar and see what everyone had going on specific days to avoid scheduling conflicts. I also loved how I could task others in the office to complete items, knowing it wouldn't be on a sticky note that could end up in the trash. It provides accountability to all users which helps make an office run more efficiently.

Cons

I did not find any cons with rocket matter.

Alyssa from Gower, Wooten & Darneille

Easy billing process

Pros

Creating new Matters are a simple as can be. Entering billing entries is easy and effortless. Ability to update client information is easily accessible. I have absolutely no complaints.

Cons

No fault of RocketMatter, but I feel it could be even better if I was able to download software to my computer and everything wasn't online. When the internet is slow, entering my billable time takes much longer.

Kristy from Stuart & Blackwell

Industry: Law Practice

Easy to use in the office and on the go

Pros

Cons

We pay for all the features but I know we use about 20% of them at best. That's frustrating and something that has caused us to consider other products that allow more customization - including fees.

Reasons for Switching to Rocket Matter

We moved from another firm that used a non-cloud based system

Barbara from Slotkin Law Firm

Industry: Law Practice

When I use Rocket Matter, I experience an easy way to keep track of what my clients owe, how to invoice them and more importantly retrieve an invoice when a client is in need of one.

Pros

The product is easy to navigate and obtain what you are looking for. If you cannot find it, customer service is a phone call, click away and are always happy to guide you to what you need.

Cons

There are no features that I do not like.

Tanya from TSL Law Group

Highly recommended

Customer service is always quick and knowledgeable.

Pros

The software is easy to navigate and the reports are very useful.

Cons

Frequently, we have multiple matters for one client, but the system won't allow for retainer funds to be applied to each matter; it only allows the retainer to be applied to the client. It would be nice to apply a retainer to each matter under one client.

Erik from The Law Offices of Erik M. Locascio, PLLC

July 2016

Fantastic and comprehensive law practice management program!

Rocket Matter has been integral in the starting up and maintaining of my solo criminal defense practice. It is central in how I organize my files, how I bill my time, and how I keep track of court settings and due dates.

Pros

The ease of use and the sleek interface are, for me, some of the best parts of the software. Adding events, payments, and expenses or billable hours are all easy tasks to complete. The software does not have a steep learning curve at all.

Cons

There are a few minor tweaks I would enjoy, such as the ability to add multiple clients to one matter. Additionally, the client payment service is a little overpriced compared to other companies such as Square.

Cyndi from Law Office of J. Kevin Clark

Rocket Matter Rocks

Having had no background in billing, I had to learn this program on my own when I took this job. Rocket Matter has been very easy to pick up, very intuitive to use. The manual is easy to follow, the quick sheets are great and I am especially impressed with the customer service/help desk reps. BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE of any vendor I have every worked with! Nice, patient and very helpful. I highly recommend Rocket Matter.

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

Nothing so far.