All SmartAdvocate Reviews

Karen

2 - 10 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed November 2023

User Task & Sleep Easy At Night.

Joseph

Reviewed November 2020

SA is Effective and Easy to use

Great, as someone who came into an office job for the first time, using this software has been easy, and is very helpful in organization.

PROS

This software is easy to learn and use. It does a great job of keeping things organized and has lots of options for easy accessibility.

CONS

Sometimes it can load slow, and customer support is not the best, sometimes needing to wait long times for response or follow up on submitted issues.

Nicholas J.N.

Smart Advocate is a Competent Case Management Software Catered to your Needs

Smart Advocate has allowed my firm to automate significant portions of our pre-litigation practice which is a huge time-saver. As we continue to learn about Smart Advocate's features and further develop our use of it, the logistics of our practice has been improved significantly .

PROS

Smart Advocate easily integrated into our firm with a relatively seamless transition from our prior case management software. Since then, Smart Advocate has been easy to pick up and learn and its wide breadth of features makes customizing the program to our specific practice worth taking the extra time to learn.

CONS

Not all litigation management tabs in Smart Advocate are self-explanatory, requiring a dedicated support person who is intimately familiar with Smart Advocate to wade through feature functionality at times.

Reasons for switching to SmartAdvocate

Trial Works lacked the automating features that we were looking for in a case management software.

Bonita

Reviewed August 2017

Overall great program. It is a bit tricky to at first but does make sense on how its formulated.

PROS

Notes, medical portion/record request, some of the forms, ease of use to locate and update contact information, how each aspect is predicated upon another of the program.

CONS

To create the forms, using the merge codes and having the margins/tab sets line up exactly where you want them to is frustrating if it is not a full left margin. Figuring out how to modify information in some of the screens if there is not an edit option on that screen.

Laura

Legal Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Smart Advocate is a Winner!

My 4 years of experience with Smart Advocate has been a positive experience. Over the course of the last 4 years this software has allowed us to grow without the normal growing pains. The automation and dashboard reporting are amazing tools to manage cases and personnel with a few clicks. We are better able to communicate with our clients using automation tools, have streamlined work processes using workplans and have been able to maintain labor costs even during growth due to the specific use of workplans. I had been a Needles user for several years prior to using Smart Advocate and hands down this is a winner.

PROS

Ease of use, intuitive nature of program. Automation and dashboards.

CONS

Inability to write custom reports and intake functionality.

Reasons for switching to SmartAdvocate

Needed a system that would allow more automation and employee oversight

Steve

Reviewed May 2019

Life changing practice management software

The SmartAdvocate support team is amazing and very responsive. You have to be patient with any software product that you launch, but the team at SmartAdvocate has seen it all and they will solve any issue quickly.

PROS

SmartAdvocate has all of the tools necessary to successfully operate a personal injury law firm with incredible efficiency. The ability to text and esign right from within the program is a game changer in terms of client satisfaction. Ordering medical records is simplified to a few clicks and tracking those requests is totally transparent. A huge benefit of SmartAdvocate is that they are not new to the space which gives them a huge advantage over their competitors because they know what makes a PI firm tick.

CONS

You have to be committed to SmartAdvocate and it will pay to back handsomely. If you take the extra seconds to input the data, it’s well worth it.

Reason for choosing SmartAdvocate

The years of experience and knowledge of the industry put SmartAdvocate head and shoulders above the competition.

Stacey

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2020

Customer support is amazing, and the product itself delivers.

PROS

We have been using Smart Advocate for roughly 7 years for our case management software. It has streamlined our practice and is a great tool to manage both our cases and our team.

CONS

The lack of ability to seamlessly handle single event accident cases involving multiple parties.

Reasons for switching to SmartAdvocate

Better case management and reporting features

Nicholas

Legal Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Great product that is better and half the price

Great product and have not had any issues with the product.

PROS

Ease of use and set up. The team at SmartAdvocate made the transition so easy and we did not miss any time during the transition.

CONS

None that I can think of. I think the product is great.

Reason for choosing SmartAdvocate

Price because they have similar features.

Reasons for switching to SmartAdvocate

SmartAdvocate is a better product and not as expensive.

Juan

incredibly versatile and customizable

Much better organizing and reporting than what I'm used to (Needles)

PROS

It can be customized to fit the needs of the user, just as much as the practice area.

CONS

Document saving is more difficult than it needs to be. As documents have to be transferred to the SA platform, they lose the original metadata source, which can be very important in a legal setting.

Reasons for switching to SmartAdvocate

Switched Firms. Not a personal decision, but glad it worked out.

Hector

Reviewed August 2023

A Clean, Customizable Experience

PROS

The platform is easy to use and navigate from Setup to Settlement. It’s designed in a straightforward manner with everything reasonably placed. Even someone unfamiliar with case management solutions could probably pick this up and jump into a workflow pretty quickly. Additionally, the ability to change what information is presented and where is a very useful feature.

CONS

The system has a few issues that are holding it back. The file preview tools seem to be very sensitive about when and where they want to work. While Word documents almost never have issues with previewing, PDFs sometimes can’t be previewed. For a while, HEIF documents weren’t supported well; I’m not sure if this has since been fixed. It would be great if medical bills could be copied to liens more efficiently instead of one item at a time. The calendar events are very useful, but when you delete a series, it doesn’t automatically remove it from your outlook calendar. Instead, it updates it to say “Deleted”. Perhaps it’s not possible, but it seems like it would be.

Stephen

Reviewed October 2023

Great product and service

PROS

The organization matched what i was trying to do at Stephen T. Collins and Associates but all in one place. After i got the product i was even more impressed with the training and service.

CONS

Setting it up but it was more of me not being comfortable and always thinking i am doing something wrong even when i am not.

Sherri

Legal Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Best decision made!

We were looking for a program to help us achieve efficiency and better productivity from our staff. I believe that we will achieve our goals in the upcoming months. I can see many good things coming since we moved over to SA.

PROS

There is too much "most liked" features of SA to list.

CONS

The calendar is not as welcoming as the remainder of the program. We would love more ability to change the view and color scheme of the calendar

Price and my gut.

Reasons for switching to SmartAdvocate

We wanted a cloud-based program but were not impressed with Neos. I spent months looking for something that we would like. I truly felt that SA was the right program for us when I had the first demo. I then involved the rest of my team to look at the program and it was an overwhelming "YES".

Natalie

Reviewed May 2021

Effect & Easy to understand Case Management System

PROS

Smart Advocate is an easy and self-explanatory case management system. Once you get accustomed to using inputting all the details, it helps a lot throughout all the stages of the case. Smart Advocate has helped us keep better track of all the deadlines. The note section specifically is helping everyone who needs to know the details of the case, what is going on, and should the client call and have any questions; anyone can help them once they read the notes on the case

CONS

No longer being able to add a new contact from disbursements directly. Also, not being able to save a word document from my Microsoft Word directly onto Smart Advocate.

Patty

Reviewed December 2020

Great for going paperless!

Customer service has been great. They are always quick to respond to my questions. They also have frequent training webinars to help learn the many many features.

PROS

I really like the added features for attaching documents that are applicable in that particular setting. We have been transitioning to going more paperless and SmartAdvocate is great for that! I like all the extra functionality it provides

CONS

Runs slow sometimes. For the most part it functions well but occasionally seems to get stuck

See above

Reasons for switching to SmartAdvocate

Needles was long overdue for an update and it didn't seem to be anywhere in sight. It kept being pushed off.

Selena

Reviewed August 2021

Dynamic, effective, and efficient software!

PROS

Hi! My name is Selena. We've been using SA for over a year. This software can be either cloud or server based. Our office has cloud, so I can work from anywhere with just my log in. Also have Smart Advocate on my phone so I can see cases even when I'm not near a computer/laptop. Also it makes managing cases so easy with all the reports you can run and dashboards you can customize. You can run reports on financial information, calendar, outstanding fees, and you can have the reports generated and emailed to you automatically.

CONS

Integrating documents and learning the plug ins was a little difficult for my office but once practiced a few times we got the hang of it.

Oowen

Reviewed February 2023

SA Review

Great experience much better than using just files on windows, makes the day to day a simple process.

PROS

The customer service is excellent! If you ever have any issues at all they are always there to help!

CONS

Changing certain dates can be a hassle, requiring you to change multiple other sections to change simple things.

Kayla

Reviewed October 2020

Pretty user friendly once you learn the system.

Overall using SmartAdvocate to work and communicate with my colleagues has been very useful and user friendly once I figured out how to use the system.

PROS

I like that SmartAdvocate is that it's a web-based system, so I could access it from any web browser. It's pretty helpful that we can create barcodes to scan any type of mail-piece into Smart Advocate, and it will automatically find the file to place it in. I like being able to mark a task as "in progress" once I've started it so the attorney or paralegal that assigned me the task knows I've started it. I also like that there are templates saved for documents I can generate to send to providers.

CONS

Sometimes I wish that I didn't have to select the "type" of mail-piece I'm trying to scan in... There isn't a button for "other" for me to select, and sometimes I don't know what to label it as for the scan. Additionally, It would be great to able to search for adjusters, providers, lawyers, etc. in the system like we can do when we search for clients. It can be difficult to learn the system since there is a lot to learn, but once you know where everything is it's very simple to use.

Joshua

Reviewed April 2021

Fantastic for personal injury plaintiff firms

SmartAdvocate has made an enormous difference in our law firm and has helped us tremendously. The software allows you to have a bird's-eye view of everything going on in the cases and manage matters efficiently. I researched and demoed many software programs, and SmartAdvocate is by far the most superior out of all the choices.

PROS

It is very customizable but also provides an out-of-the-box turnkey solution. Everything is organized, and streamlines the process, and reduces errors by forcing your team to do things the right way every time.

CONS

None. They are constantly updating with new features to meet their customer's requests.

Bill

Reviewed January 2022

Powerful. Hard to understand all the functionality available.

Again. I think its the right solution for us but we need more granular post implementation collaboration.

PROS

I think it's very capable but I struggle with understanding all the things it will do. Wish we had more access to SA experts to actually work with out firm on a regular basis and understand how we use it.

CONS

I am frustrated that I suspect we are not maximizing it's value.

Timothy