• Pros

• "Very easy to use. Hardly any learning curve. Support is great. Pricing can't be beat!"

• "It is easy to use and the customer service is excellent."

• "Awesome product. Has allowed us to catch missed time! User Friendly! Highly recommended."

• Cons

• "The only con for me is that I wish I could customize the invoices just a bit more. It's already great but there are a couple things I would tweak."

• "Although I enjoy using the app, it would be nice if I was able to see everything that has been input for the month or even for a specific day. "

• "It would be nice to have something that did more with CRM and calendering, but it does what we bought it to do very well. "

Browse TimeSolv Legal Billing Reviews

Randall from Randall B. Shorr, Attorney at Law

Industry: Law Practice

TimeSolv has changed my life for the better!

I'm capturing more time and collecting more. That's the name of the game.

Pros

Easy to use so that I use it more often!

Cons

Learning anything new is a pain. But I'm getting there.

Reasons for Choosing TimeSolv Legal Billing

Seemed to offer what I needed for a reasonable price.

Reasons for Switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

Timeslips was cumbersome, expensive and terrible support.

Ari from Law Offices of Ari J. Lauer

TimeSolv is Outstanding

Pros

I was using a 2001 version of Timeslips and decided it was time for an update. I researched several companies and TimeSolve seemed the best fit for my needs and the most reasonable price. I was assigned [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] as my account rep and she has been OUTSTANDING! She did an initial 90-minute Zoom call to explain the program. TimeSolve then imported my Timeslips database and I was up and running. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has timely and professionally answered my many questions and even agreed to do a Zoom call on a Sunday as that was the last day of May and when I needed to send out my bills. I cannot say enough good things about TimeSolv. The program is intuitive, easy to use and exceeds all my needs and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been so helpful, professional, responsive and a true pleasure to work with the entire time. I can now enter my time and do billing anywhere I have a computer with internet access and am not tied to the office anymore. I wish I had switched to TimeSolve years ago.

Cons

Nothing. It is a really well conceived and thought out program.

Reasons for Switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

I needed billing software that would work on both Mac and PC so that I could enter time and do billing at home or locations other than the office. Timeslips doesn't make a Mac version so I did some research and concluded TimeSolve was the best fit and the most reasonably priced.

Bosmat from ProMedoss

Industry: Medical Devices

Excellent time tracking and billing solution

Pros

The software is easy to use and functionalities are added on a regular basis. It Syncs with Quickbooks which is a great time saving feature

Cons

I have not yet mastered all the functionalities

Sam from MLF

MyCase to TimeSolv

The law firm I work for just made the switch from MyCase to TimeSolv. So far, however, I've been unimpressed. Before I continue listing the pros and cons, I have to mention our initial experience with porting data over from our prior software, MyCase. The TimeSolv sales rep we corresponded with initially represented that they would port all of our case data over from MyCase to TimeSolv, but, after we signed on, we were informed that they could only migrate "active" cases. Skip ahead a few weeks and now they tell us that they can only migrate data that we provide to them in CSV format, which means we have to either generate those reports ourselves or manually re-input everything. This is coupled with the fact that what cases they did migrate didn't include contact information for case parties and some were improperly indexed.

Pros

-TimeSync. TimeSolv's desktop timing app lets you keep several timers open at the same time. MyCase only allows three at any given time. -Quickbooks integration. -Detailed billing reports. Appears more robust than MyCase. -Dedicated "Help" button which provides tutorials for TimeSolv.

Cons

- Unintuitive. The UI is very clunky compared to any other legal software I've used. Just to setup an invoice and to process a payment requires navigating three different tabs. Compare this to MyCase where you can access almost aspect of the software from your dashboard. - Technical limitations/glitches. On multiple occasions, I've had to log out and back in to TimeSolv in order to see new cases or time entries added by other users. For whatever reason, said entries wouldn't sync until I manually logged off. - Important features not accessible on all account levels. Most of the helpful reports that you can generate with TimeSolv are not accessible unless you have an admin level account.

Christa from MArk Hanna jr inc

We have been using it for about a year and everything from inputting to tracking time with clients has been very simple

Pros

So easy to input time and print summaries

Cons

Haven’t had any issues so far, nothing negative to say

Price and ease

Reasons for Switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

Did not like the format of having to make custom reports

Helen from Piedmont Law Partners

Industry: Law Practice

TimeSolv - Wish I'd Found it Sooner!

I spent years struggling with (and cursing at) Sage TimeSlips. It was so clunky and difficult to use, compared to TimeSolv. I wish I'd discovered TimeSolv sooner. The difference is like night and day. I actually enjoy creating my invoices! The team that help me set this up was outstanding, too! I highly recommend this product for solo or small shop lawyers.

Pros

So easy to use. Interface is fairly intuitive. I rely on my timekeeping program, as every lawyer does. This service has been trouble free, and such a pleasure to use. Customer service is generally quite good, too.

Cons

Occasionally I find that I cannot figure something out on my own, but then when I contact customer service, I get the answer promptly.

Reasons for Switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

Sage TimeSlips was so frustrating to use. The upgrades were expensive, and never seemed to make the user experience any better. It was a joyous day indeed when I said goodbye forever to TimeSlips!

Andria from Bunger & Robertson

Industry: Law Practice

Great TimeKeeping tool - great potential for improvements to make even better

Setting up the product with a manually conversion was a little cumbersome. I would have liked a little more guidance from TimeSolv on this portion. While they were there for us to ask questions, with a new software you often "don't know what you don't know". A guideline or "steps" for how to setup all matters etc would have been useful. We have found several one - off situations that the systems cannot seem to handle.

Pros

TimeSolv is a great software for managing time. The training is great for clients who are well established on the product. Overall, this product has a great user interface and is fairly easy to learn on your own. Support is easy to get in contact with, and most generally can answer and solve issues rather quickly. The Knowledge center is a great resource tool. I also really enjoy being able to easily submit suggestions for improvements on the system.

Cons

There is still some features to be desired especially when it comes to modifying billing or matter setup to fit the clients needs. A little more "hand holding" could be done for new accounts first coming onto the system. There seems to be a lack of necessary reports, especially an audit report.

Reasons for Switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

PCLaw seemingly was become unstable and was not having much in the way of development

Amy from Lish Law Firm, LLP

Switching to TimeSolv was Timely

We switched to TimeSolv at the beginning of the year and have been so happy with it. Our prior timekeeping program was not cloud based, so the switch saved us during the Pandemic shutdown when working offsite.

Pros

TimeSolv is very simple when it comes to keeping time and billing. And Technical Support is great!

Cons

Only the first page of the Invoices have the client name and/or Invoice #. I dropped the print offs and all the Invoices commingled and it took a while to separate and put the additional pages all attached to the correct Invoice.

Reasons for Choosing TimeSolv Legal Billing

The cost effectiveness of TimeSolv was a huge draw. The ability to play in the "sandbox" for an entire month was also very helpful, as I was able to literally see the depth of the program as well as its efficiency.

Reasons for Switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

We were looking for an intuitive timekeeping system with an electronic payment platform.

Martha from FLUME LAW FIRM, LLP

Use of Program

TimeSolv is a very user friendly program. Easy to pick up if you had no previous experience with a billing program. Love it!

Pros

The program is well supported. Customer Service is ready and able to help with your questions or concerns. It not able to help at that moment they will inform you and get back to you with a response. Usually, a fix to your problem. Being new to this program I have learn it quick, because it is user friendly. Thank you Customer Service

Cons

More specific titles on the help menu to find what the user is looking for. For example "how to print reports to include invoices from previous billing program" Could not find on the help menu.

Reasons for Switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

Was not at the firm when the firm decided to switch.

Brian from Fowler St. Clair

Great functionality, happy to be a user

We've only been using TimeSolv for about 60 days, but the experience overall has been very good.

Pros

The reporting features of this software greatly exceed anything we've ever used.

Cons

The user experience is functional, but lag behind in terms of overall UI and UX.

Reasons for Switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

Clio did not have adequate reporting for our business model.

Steven from The Kuban Firm, PLLC

Industry: Law Practice

Excellent upgrade over previous billing program.

I recently became a sole practitioner after my partner retired and decided to look at a new billing program. We were previously using Timeslips and it worked OK for what we needed, but I wanted to upgrade to something that was easier to use. There has been a learning curve, which is to be expected, but it is very easy to navigate and their customer support has been incredible. I have called and/or emailed several times and have always received quick and direct assistance to my issue. Plus, I was able to work out most of the kinks during an extended free trial period to make sure it would fit my needs. It has made my time-keeping much easier, and has really made our invoicing/billing process run much more efficiently. I wouldn't hesitate recommending TimeSolv to anyone, solo practitioner like myself or even small/large firm.

Pros

I most like the ease of using TimeSolv for entering billable fees and expenses, and the customer service and support I have received thus far has been excellent.

Cons

Truly there is nothing I have seen that makes me regret making the change to TimeSolv. If I had to pick one thing it would be that there are many features that are customizable, but there are some others that I wish I could have a little more control over in the invoicing (size of address on first page for one), and the default display of a client's "office phone" instead of mobile phone (but this is easily remedied by entering the mobile # in the office # since I rarely ask for/need a client's work # anyways).

Reasons for Choosing TimeSolv Legal Billing

TimeSolv had everything that I was looking for at the right price point. It is easy to use and the customer service and support during the "leaning curve" for a new program has been excellent. There are still some great features in TimeSolv that I likely won't use because of the nature of my practice (trust accounting, storage of documents, budgeting for individual clients/matters), but it has worked perfect for my needs. Clio seemed to have many features I didn't need for the added cost, and Toggl came at a lower price but without some of the features I needed.

Reasons for Switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

I was looking for a program that was easier to use and one with more features.

Joy from Izbiky & Langer PLLC

Worth the change

Our whole process goes so much more smoothly. We used to have to review paper invoices and because the program is so intuitive, our attorneys can review and send invoices at their own convenience.

Pros

We just switched our law firm over to TimeSolv from a much more archaic system and are so glad we did. It's very intuitive so everyone learned the system extremely quickly (even our oldest and least technologically savvy attorneys) and our billing process goes so much more quickly and easily than it previously did. Definitely worth the switch.

Cons

Every once in awhile there's a function that we need that TimeSolv doesn't have yet. But when that happens, customer service has given us workarounds and seems to be taking our feedback and actively working on solutions.

Reasons for Choosing TimeSolv Legal Billing

It was more cost-effective and fit our needs better. We already have document management software, so we really just needed billing functions, so TimeSolv was a better solution.

Reasons for Switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

Our old program was outdated and so difficult to navigate. The simplicity and intuitiveness of TimeSolv is what really sold us.

VALERIE from RIEBLING IP, PLLC

Easy and Very Functional

I've used some of the bigger name time entry systems in the past and when we decided to move to a smaller boutique firm, the money for those bigger time entry systems just was not there. We tested a few, but the one that has been the best has been TimeSolv. From a timekeeper standpoint, I am glad we have switched to TimeSolv. The cost per user is great and it works well with our small firm.

Pros

We love that we can see the number of hours billed each day in the month, editing and adding information is easy and adding disbursements is as well. The search features and most other items are easy.

Cons

Some of the information in our timekeeping isn't automatically added into our bills (which need to be). However, working with customer service to get those items added in has been a breeze.

Reasons for Choosing TimeSolv Legal Billing

It just worked better for us and similar to what we previously used.

Reasons for Switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

It just didn't function the way we needed it to and TimeSolv is very similar to the system we used when we were at a larger, multi-office GP firm. It also was very cost effective.

Tammy from Langner Law Office, LLC

Awesome program

From the initial transition to current use, I have been extremely happy with TimeSolv.

Pros

TimeSolv is very user friendly. After using another legal billing software program (also had "Time" in its name) that was very user UNfriendly and constantly froze and had a long list of other issues, converting to TimeSolv was a dream. The customer support is also amazing.

Cons

That there is a difference between statements and invoices, and that all clients with balances do not automatically print (if they have not incurred new charges during the billing period at hand).

Reasons for Choosing TimeSolv Legal Billing

It was priced more fairly while still providing all the desired features.

Reasons for Switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

Timeslips was horrible. Not user friendly at all and had numerous issues with software.

Ruth from Mulberry Street Market Intelligence, LLC

I've used TimeSolv, first as an agency employee and then as an owner, since 2002. It's indispensable

Accurate time-keeping; minimal time spent keeping time; professional, accurate reports that are easy to customize and easy to prepare; superb flexibility in setting up projects and making time entries; credibility with our clients (our invoices are never questioned, which contributes to maintaining excellent client relationships); too many more to list.

Pros

We are a fee-for-service organization, so time-keeping is essential. TimeSolv reduces the time we spend keeping track of client service time. Additionally, it allows us to create accurate work statements and analytical tools, literally in seconds. Our clients appreciate the reports as much as we do. And in rare instances of client non-payment, we have been praised by attorneys and judges for our superb record-keeping. Our marketing agency depends on TimeSolv.

Cons

Because the application has such deep functionality, there is a learning curve for administrators and new users. Each new user needs to receive training and will likely have many questions. But TimeSolv has excellent telephone training, tutorials, and customer support. Any function-rich software application is going to require training, so we don't see this as a downside.

Timothy from TJC•ESQ, Psc

Great Product, Better than great support

Once can compare features, price, etc., and as a former IT professional, I get that you will, but what is at least as important is follow-through and support from the vendor. These guys rock it. They assign someone to you, who takes ownership of helping you and your staff. They actually make changes to the system based on customer feedback, and then tell you when they implemented what you were looking for. The strength of any software product is ultimately dependent on the support behind it, and this is top notch

Pros

It does just about whatever you want it to do, billings wise.

Cons

Integration with quickbooks could be easier. Not the most intuitive interface.

Reasons for Switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

Speed, and ability to survive the jump to catalina.

Michelle from Horton & Archibald PC

Efficient product

Pros

Integration went pretty smoothly. Cost effective product. Really like the ability to have custom narrative cover letters and the functionality and ease of client billing. Love having different file types in which you can download. Much more user friendly than other products I have used before.

Cons

Would like to see either more reports available, or the ability to drill down further within the reports to get more specific information. Also, more customization abilities within the product would be a great feature.

Reasons for Switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

Needed a more cost effective product that was more user friendly.

Tracey from Malley Law

From Clio to Timesolv

It was a smooth transition from Clio to Timesolv. Customer support is really great.

Pros

Easy to load, easy to use and easy for Staff to get used to and use immediately

Cons

Not much. I simply like it. Timesolv has been easy to talk to and helpful in everyway.

Ease. Clio was complicated

David from Western Investigative Services

Unparalleled customer support. Excellent, custom conversion from 15+ years of Timeslips data

Complete, useful conversion from TimeSlips. Regular updates. Great customer support.

Pros

I can't say enough good about the customer support compared to every other software I've ever used - of any description. I am a sole proprietor, and the time that the reps took to convert my 15+ years of Timeslips data into a mostly familiar format in TimeSolv. Several lengthy phone meetings and training sessions were involved to make sure that they understood what I needed and I understood how to use their product. I have to say, now that I'm adjusting to the new web-based platform, I am able to accomplish my daily timekeeping, invoicing and AR entries with less steps and greater efficiency than I ever did with TimeSlips. The search functions just work better, in nearly every field. The invoices are easier to tweak to my needs and preferences. Although it has taken me a little while to adjust to so many new ways of doing familiar things, it is starting to make sense, and I prefer it to any timekeeping software I have used. And after TImeSolv solved and answered all my questions and got me there, I called the main 800 line for a quick question about how to allocate payments. My call was answered on the 3rd ring and woman instantly had the answer to my question, and made sure I understood what I was doing before she got off the phone. Unbelievable - dare I say old -fashioned? - customer support for a thoroughly modern program.

Cons

The reporting functions a little less intuitive than other functions, to my mind, at least. A quick daily snapshot of time billed today, this week, month, year, would be useful.

Kimber from Izbiky & Langer PLLC

Good billing software

Pros

TimeSolv is intuitive and fairly easy to use. Even those who aren't super computer-savvy find it easy to enter time. The timers are an awesome time-saver, and everyone can access the program and enter their own time. Plus it integrates with LawPay to automatically apply payments.

Cons

The retainer feature seems incomplete, and doesn't line up with how we do our accounting, but we've found a work-around. There are a couple of reports that I'd like to see that don't currently exist, but the company seems good about taking feedback and perhaps incorporating it into future revisions.

Reasons for Switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

We were looking for something that all the employees could use, whether they were on a PC or a Mac. We also wanted something easier to use than our previous product.

Myrna from Guerrero & Chan LLP

TimeSolv saves time!

Overall, TimeSolv has saved a lot of time in tracking billable hours, tracking productivity, tracking expenses, and creating and sending invoices. It also captures a lot of billable hours that were not accounted for before using TimeSolv.

Pros

I like TimeSolv's competitive pricing, ease of use, simple and intuitive interface, and helpful online guides compared to other programs. I also like that TimeSolv offers a lot of online training & support, and has a phone app. They also have a 30-day trial so that users are given sufficient time to try out the software versus competitors who only have a 7-day trial. If you need extra time, contact customer support and they can give you an extra week if you're unsure or stuck between two potential products.

Cons

I wish there were more customization options for the appearance of the invoice, such as the font type, font size, and the ability to move sections around on the invoice. I would also like to see an invoice template for a simple flat fee arrangement, instead of the complicated procedure they have now.

Reasons for Choosing TimeSolv Legal Billing

Simple and intuitive interface, pricing and ease of use.

Erika from Bailey Brauer PLLC

Industry: Law Practice

TimeSolv is all you need!

I love TimeSolv! I have used many other Time Entry/Billing platforms, but this is by far the most user friendly.

Pros

It is convenient and I can manipulate my client invoices to fit their individual needs. I love the time entry timer toggle - so compact on my desktop instead of leaving a webpage open to bog down my system!

Cons

I wish there was a darker variance in color, to indicate which entry you are clicking on in Invoices.

Practicality and convenience.

Eden from the college workshop

Works for me!

Pros

Entering and tracking time is straightforward, and can be done from any device with a browser. The invoices are customizable, so I can get them to look the way I want them to. After a little initial learning curve, the software has been easy to use, and customer support has been great whenever I've needed assistance figuring something out. Billing goes so much faster for me now that I use TimeSolv, because the program does what I need it to from start to finish.

Cons

Some online reviews I've read complain that the interface isn't "sexy," but I don't really have any problem with it.

Stephen from Barlow, Josephs & Holmes

Easy Time Entry

Pros

The biggest problem with billing software is having a good interface for people to enter time quickly and easily. The pre-defined codes make time entry simple.

Cons

The invoice templates could use a little more flexibility, but we are able to easily modify to fill our specific needs.

Reasons for Switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

Needed an online platform and 10 years ago Timesolv was the leader.

Sarah from Eskew Law

Great Portal

We are able to send invoices to client via email and I like how the client's are able to pay their bill at the same time of receiving same.

Pros

I like how easy it is to set up new clients and review their accounts.

Cons

I wish that i could open more then one window at a time for a client.

Reasons for Switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

Zola Suite was aweful and not very user friendly and did not track the trust account correctly.

Kimberly from Chavers Law, PLLC

Affordable - Easy to use - Excellent Customer Support

As a new solo practitioner, who researched dozens of systems for months, I am glad I found an affordable solution for my time & billing and trust account needs.

Pros

Once I went through the intro training, all my time & billing and A/R and trust account needs were easily implemented and updates and the system was very easy to use. Best of all, TimeSolv's customer support - especially rep. - is practically on demand and always most helpful with any technical assistance. If they do not know the answer, they will stick with you until they find one.

Cons

Only Con so far is that the document storage system available is not efficient as all files/docs have to be uploaded one by one as opposed to a drag & drop feature or the ability to upload batches of docs/folders/files. For attorneys, this is a critical need (cloud storage and electronic record keeping), that cannot require a lot of time in a law firm. If a solution was found for that issue, I can see me being a TimeSolv user for life.

Response from TimeSolv Billing

Replied June 2019

Thank you so much for your review! One option to consider to upload multiple documents is to use our integration with Dropbox, which is free to use. Please contact support at support@timesolv.com for more details.

Brian from Faruqi & Faruqi, LLP

Better than PCLaw

Solid overall. Easy and quick to use.

Pros

Simple, streamlined look makes it easy to enter time. There isn't a ton of extraneous info filling the page like there often is in other billing software. Easy to edit old time entries. From a user perspective, it's definitely more intuitive than PCLaw.

Cons

When clicking an older date to review entries, the loading times are a bit longer than I'd like. Also, the "Start Timer" tool is a little finicky, and I often think I've turned it on when I actually haven't. I don't usually save an entry/draft the description until I'm done working on the corresponding assignment, but even though I've checked the "Start Timer" box it does not register until I've saved the entry. It would be great if the "Start Timer" tool worked immediately so that, once I've finished an assignment and save the entry, the time registers (rather than having to create the entry, check start timer box, save, and then edit the entry to add my description later).

Our firm changed over.

Nathan from Eskew Law

Family Law Attorney

It is the best of what we've tried but it hasn't stopped us for looking for a better billing software. I'd like client interface to look more like what it looks like when I pay my credit card.

Pros

The screens are easy to navigate and the clients tend to understand their bills better than other software we've used.

Cons

With the ease of use comes some areas in billing which are not labeled in a manner that fit our family law practice well.

Reasons for Switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

the statements were confusing to clients and the accounting was cumbersome.

TimeSolv is an elegant solution for time-tracking and professional billing.

Pros

The software mimics what I did on paper years ago. TimeSolv allows you to drill down on a particular day or time period on a calendar to audit your work by client, project, task, or category. The software integrates​ time tracking and time billing—generating invoices that can be customized and tweaked to be rendered so the client has an understandable​ and informative presentation of the work performed and expenses incurred. The ability to attach receipts to expense charges is a bonus. Significantly​, the support is excellent whether online or direct person to person. The webinars​ also are supberb..

Cons

There is nothing I do not like about this software, which has been the case for years and, amazingly, the software keeps improving ​each​ year by adding incremental features.

Randy from REM Holdings, LLC

Large or Small. TimeSolv fits all!

This software tracks my time and expenses for clients and their respective projects. I enter everything as we go and at the beginning of the next month my bulling takes me maybe half an hour.

Pros

Cons

I have absolutely nothing negate to say!

Reasons for Choosing TimeSolv Legal Billing

AMERICAN SUPPORT, Features and Pricing!

Reasons for Switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

Timeslips you have to buy when new versions come out. I can use Timesolv for 5 years for what one version of Timeslips costs. No brainer!

ESQ Lori Zocolo from Abel & Zocolo Co., L.P.A.

TimeSolv is an Excellent Product at a Reasonable Proce

Due to the quick ability to put together bills and the ease of sending via email, our receivables have increased and are more timely received.

Pros

The system is very easy to use and revise when there is a human error.

Cons

We have had no issues with this product unlike the previous two billing systems.

Reasons for Switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

Clio had a number of snags in its system and the company basically said that it could not fix our issues. Plus, Clio was more expensive than TimeSolv.

Ryan from Asiatico & Associates, PLLC

A++

I've used TimeSolv for a couple years now and love it as much as you can love a legal time tracking software. A++

Pros

Ease of use for selecting client and entering time

Cons

The inability to search for time entries in calendar view

Reasons for Switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

TimeSolv is more updated, modern, and easier to use.

TimeSolv Beat the Competition for Legal Billing Services

Pros

TimeSolv is a vast improvement relative to other timekeeping applications and services, and allows our office to keep track of billable hours easily and accurately.

Cons

More flexible use of task codes would be helpful for purposes of block billing.

Travis from Timberline Tax Group, LLC

Simple and effective.

Pros

The software is very easy to use and very easy to teach others to use. The TimeSync app is a nice touch for overall simplicity.

Cons

I wish we could customize reports a little bit more but with all software, you are always faced with some limitations.

Kenneth from Kaplan, Williams & Graffeo

Switched from Quickbooks to TimeSolv

We were using Quickbooks online to track time before be subscribed to TimeSolv. TimeSolv makes the process so much easier to track time and generate invoices. Reporting features are good too. Our firm is very satisfied with TimeSolv.

Pros

Ease of use, great reporting features and generating invoices is a breeze.

Cons

I don't think there are any features I'm not enjoying. Sometimes it takes time to enter all new client information

Hard to use Quickbooks

Diego from The Veritas Law Firm

Best Choice Our firm Made for Billing

Thanks to its ease of use, we are able to finish our monthly billing faster.

Pros

How easy it is to use and I can login from any computer and be able to use it.

Cons

At this moment I like almost everything on the software. No Cons in the meantime

MyCase

Reasons for Switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

Timeslips does not have an online option like Timesolv. It was hard to use and we could only use it if we were connected to the firm's servers,

Cathy from Daniel C. Minutillo, A Professional Corporation

Reliable and Accurate Billing Software

I have learned additional tips from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] at TimeSolv and am grateful for the experienced guidance and tips. Some of our clients have their own billing software and TimeSolv can be changed to accomodate their different billing in LEDES, for example. I really feel this software has everything, although I have not used other abilities in TimeSolv, as they are not necessary for our law practice.

Pros

This software is great for billing clients with assurance. Billing is my only interface with clients, and I want to be 100% accurate. With TimeSolv, I can be confident that the invoices are corrrect. I like that I can make changes to billing with ease. I like that TimeSolv can integrate well with the clients' billing software. For example, this software can produce LEDES invoices with the coding information needed by our clients in order for us to get paid faster.

Cons

TimeSolv negatives? I can't think of anything right now!

Timesolve the most capable and easiest to use Time & Billing

TimeSolv just works. In fact, it does the user's work for you. Time & Billing records are difficult enough by themselves. TimeSolv takes out the mystery. Moreover, if you ever have a question the Support Team is on it right away. And they listen! A few years ago, I made a suggestion which they employed less than a week later. TimeSolv is simply the best!

Pros

It's intuitive. We Mac users--even when forced to use PCs--believe the user should be able to do 95% of the desired tasks without ever opening the user manual. Timesolv meets this standard so well one would think it was designed on a Mac!

Cons

Typical of all the time/billing apps, there are too many places to enter "settings" that can cause odd results that are then difficult to fix because you can't easily identify which setting is the culprit.

Amy from The Beakley Law Firm, P.C.

Industry: Law Practice

Easy to use & helpful support

Pros

It is a really easy software to use. Training new users for our law firm has gone quickly because the software is not hard for beginners to figure out and is very intuitive. I also love that you can enter time from the application which makes it easy to record time when I am away for a meeting or traveling for a client. Any time I have had a question or needed further explanation on how to do something the Timesolv support staff has been very quick to respond and take care of the issue. I have used this software for nearly six years and don't plan on changing.

Cons

The only part of the software that was a little harder to figure out was the conflict and related party piece of the software.

Jeffery from Hennessey Hellinger, PLLC

Industry: Law Practice

Intuitive program and helpful support staff

We switched to TimeSolv after many years with a different billing software program. We were concerned about the change, but TimeSolv made the transition very easy every step of the way. Their support staff have been wonderful to work with, and they are very responsive. The program is very intuitive, even for 'non-techies'. If we ran into issues or questions on how to perform a specific function, the support staff always had an answer. We would highly recommend TimeSolv.

Pros

Mostly intuitive, even for the 'non-techy'. Great Reports feature. Great support staff, very responsive.

Cons

For 'non-techy' some of the features were difficult to figure out, but once support staff explained the process, it then made sense.

Reasons for Choosing TimeSolv Legal Billing

Recommendation from IT person.

Reasons for Switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

Needed to update billing software.

Barbara from Law Office of Vincent Toomey

Industry: Law Practice

BEST BILLING PROGRAM AROUND!

I am so impressed with TimeSolv from the Program itself to all the representatives of the company. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is our representative and has been so diligent and knowledgeable. She got us up and running to use the program in no time. The entire staff is always so helpful and friendly and willing do help you with any aspect of the program. GREAT STAFF!

Pros

This is the most user friendly program I've found in over 20+ years as a Paralegal/Officer Manager! This program has cut our time doing monthly billing in half. Love how easy it was to transition over to this program and customer service is top notch! This company provides the best customer service. There is always someone available to help with anything.

Cons

There is nothing about this program that I don't like - it's so easy

Reasons for Choosing TimeSolv Legal Billing

TimeSolv was the logical program. It was the easiest to transition from the program we were currently using. They had every aspect of a billing program we were looking for! Aside from the Program itself, after dealing with their representative [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and working with her just on the demo, pushed it over the top for us! She was great.

Reasons for Switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

Wanted a program easy for the attorneys to use on their own. They are able to access from their IPhones and can enter or keep clock running on any task and they never lose time!

Anthony from Suiter Swantz IP

Good software, but wish there was an easier way to view entries

Pros

I like that TimeSolv is able to receive custom abbreviations and auto-fill from the abbreviations. This makes inputting entries much smoother and faster.

Cons

I have found it very difficult to search for entries and/or identify how much time has been billed on a particular matter. Doing so requires a custom report to be generated, which can be time consuming.

Response from TimeSolv Billing

Replied July 2019

Thank you, Anthony, for the review. You should be able to easily search for entries at Time, Search. Please click 'More Options' (to the right of 'Reset'). There, you are able to quickly search by Timekeeper, Client-Matter, Status, and Billable Type. Please schedule a support session to learn more or visit https://help.timesolv.com/searching-for-a-time-entry/. Again, thank you.

Jane from J. Muir & Associates, P.A.

Industry: Law Practice

Best time keeping software on the market

This software is the best. We have tried RocketMatter, ActionStep, Practice Panther, but none compare to the functions available in this software, and the training and support we have received is exceptional.

Pros

They show your target billing for time and collection in a beautiful bar graph or line graph right on the dashboard. You can create easy shortcuts for repetitive entires, and copy entries while adjusting details. It is very fast to load. It also has features to help track commissions to pay and trust account balances. There are numerous options for reports that help managers track performance. Exceptional customer service and training support.

Cons

I wish it had a workflow feature to manage tasks.

Eva from O'Kelly Ernst & Joyce, LLC

Industry: Law Practice

Best Legal Billing Product!!

I've been working in Legal support for 20 years and have used a variety of legal billing programs..Hands down - this is THE BEST!!

Pros

Easy to learn/use; excellent customer service; makes billing clients a simple process; you can set up different commission percentages for each attorney for each client/matter - program automatically calculates commissions.; you can email invoice/statements directly to clients with one click. Save time and money with Timesolv!

Cons

Timesolv takes their customers feedback very seriously. There is very little I can say I like least with this program, as they have added/changed many things to accommodate us and other customers. Wish it had more invoice templates..that's about it

Steven from Fishkin Lucks LLP

Excellent product - highly recommended

Pros

The software is intuitive; very robust; onboarding was seamless. Highly recommended.

Cons

Hoping they roll out an administrator app that will allow reports to be run.

Sonia from Bortolin & Associates

BEST LEGAL BILLING SOFTWARE

Pros

I Like this software is because it is very easy to use and can be customize easily.

Cons

I don't have any cons about this software

Reasons for Switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

more user friendly and cost

Pamela from Murray, Tillotson & Burton, Chartered

SOLVED!

Overall it has worked efficiently and not too many problems. When problems arise TimeSolv staff are willing and able to resolve the issues.

Pros

Cloud access has been wonderful and the program works quickly and efficiently. It is tailored to my small firm and does not have all the extra functions only necessary for larger firms.

Cons

The billing is a bit confusing to clients and it would be very helpful if statements had more customization options. The "statement" vs. "invoice" is also a bit confusing.

Diamond from Veritas Law

Love it!

Pros

A very reliable, comprehensive and easy-to-use billing system. Tech support is always available when we need it. There are a wide variety of features. We're a very satisfied customer!

Cons

Applying initial payments and allocations and separating matters within the same client can be somewhat difficult.

SONIA from Bortolin and Associates

Great legal billing system

Pros

Timesolve is very user friendly. Easy to customize to suit particular needs

Cons

The software is great. I wish it had platform for payment on invoices.

Francisco from Francisco J Agraz, A Professional Corporation

Setting up LawPay to work with TimeSolv - a breeze, with great support person helping

It works and it is cloud based.

Pros

- Great value for the money, - Ease to use cloud access - because I often have to be at clients' locations and like to enter my time and costs while still on-site, - Totally usable interfaces for Time, Disbursements, and Invoicing. - But best of all, the ability to design different invoice templates, which - sadly - some of the new competing cloud systems that keep calling me to leave TimeSolv and use their system, just can't seem to have the ability for me to design different billing invoice templates - it's either "my invoice version, or the road" - they basically say. TimeSolv has always been able to allow me to design different templates for the different kinds of clients I have. And I have been using this for 6 years running.

Cons

Setting up clients and matters and "related parties," is a bit "clunky" but still usable. It's OK for me, for the clients I have, and the areas of law where I concentrate my practice.