All TimeSolv Legal Billing Reviews

Ruth

I've used TimeSolv, first as an agency employee and then as an owner, since 2002. It's indispensable

Accurate time-keeping; minimal time spent keeping time; professional, accurate reports that are easy to customize and easy to prepare; superb flexibility in setting up projects and making time entries; credibility with our clients (our invoices are never questioned, which contributes to maintaining excellent client relationships); too many more to list.

Pros

We are a fee-for-service organization, so time-keeping is essential. TimeSolv reduces the time we spend keeping track of client service time. Additionally, it allows us to create accurate work statements and analytical tools, literally in seconds. Our clients appreciate the reports as much as we do. And in rare instances of client non-payment, we have been praised by attorneys and judges for our superb record-keeping. Our marketing agency depends on TimeSolv.

Cons

Because the application has such deep functionality, there is a learning curve for administrators and new users. Each new user needs to receive training and will likely have many questions. But TimeSolv has excellent telephone training, tutorials, and customer support. Any function-rich software application is going to require training, so we don't see this as a downside.

Jon

March 2022

Quite impressed; simple to use timekeeping, billing, and invoicing platform.

Very satisfied and impressed overall. It is very easy to send out invoices in formats that are customized for each client. Customization options are far more powerful than in other products I considered. We did not want (or want to pay for) a full-scope practice management product that incidentally offered timekeeping and invoicing functions. As a dedicated timekeeping, invoicing, and payments platform, TimeSolv is far more robust. The impetus for our firm's switching from Timeslips to TimeSolv was that our paralegal who acted as our billing clerk left. TimeSolv has been so easy to use that we decided not to replace him.

Pros

Ability to format, edit, and customize bills is much stronger than in the alternatives I looked at. Timekeeping is easy and intuitive to use -- I rolled it out to some real technophobes, and they started using it immediately without complaints. The billing and payment features are far more robust than what I have seen in the billing modules of full-scope practice management systems. Live customer support is fantastic, enthusiastic, and free.

Cons

Conversion from Timeslips wasn't painful, but it required more manual cleanup than I would have liked. Would have been much cleaner to set up clients and matters in TimeSolv rather than trying to import. When something looks wrong on an invoice, it takes some effort to figure out whether it is the global, client, or matter-specific settings that need to be corrected. There are very powerful customization features, but they are frequently hidden in a myriad of settings menus. Setting up the initial synchronization with QuickBooks was clunky. I could not have figured it out on my own, though it was easy to get to get live help. The fact you have to use a separate program for synchronization is an irritant.

Reasons for choosing TimeSolv Legal Billing

Price and ease of use. We decided we did not need (or want to pay for) full practice management software. Of the dedicated timekeeping and invoicing platforms, TimeSolv was the most powerful and easiest to customize, and its price was close to the cheapest.

Reasons for switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

We were using an old, but paid for version of Timeslips that Sage no longer supported (Timeslips 2015). Upgrading to the newer version would have been far more expensive. TimeSolv is also far, far easier to use than Timeslips, which has always been something of a nightmare.

Ken

March 2022

Just a User

As a user, none. That is a management Q.

Pros

I like the 'timer' integrated app in Outlook and in Timesolv. Very useful. Ability to import 'Other Charges' from Excel is also very useful.

Cons

Account number, it doesn't use them and nor will assign them. However, there is a workaround, but it is outside of TimeSolv.

Reasons for switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

Corporate decision, but I think it was a cost choice.

Gale

November 2022

Rossi Consulting Review

Monthly invoices. Customers love the detail of my invoices. I get invoices approved immediately for payment

Pros

Time entry, easy to input all time which is billed from this time entry

Cons

The Mobil phone app does not work well. I find I have to log on to the website to use from my phone

Industry: Law Practice

It has worked great for us, cut the time we spent on billing by half or more, and we are very happy with the customization provided to put our own brand on our invoices and statements so it doesn’t look generic.

Pros

TimeSolv has provided a great way to track our time and expenses in client matters. With the integrated function of automated invoices, it has cut our time spent on billing in half, and captured more billable time and expenses that we previously lost. It’s pretty easy to use, which is probably the best part.

Cons

It’s a real pain to get timed out when using the web/browser/online platform to track time. We’ve run into time where the integrated function in Outlook will clear or not save properly. But we’ve also found TimeSync and the mobile app work great in this respect. It would be even better if TimeSync and the mobile app automatically synced with the main platform so we had real-time data available (having to sync to track time or enter an expense for a new client/matter is a bit of a pain).

Reasons for choosing TimeSolv Legal Billing

We wanted a focus on time & billing rather than practice management due to the extensive overlap and functions we would likely not implement at higher price points. TimeSolv was also extremely attentive in on-boarding, and didn’t charge additional expense to get us up to speed on how to use their product once we bought into it.

Reasons for switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

We had to manually build/create our own invoices and manually enter time and expense entries for clients. It was ok when starting out, but in hindsight should’ve used TimeSolv a lot earlier.

Steven

Industry: Law Practice

Excellent upgrade over previous billing program.

I recently became a sole practitioner after my partner retired and decided to look at a new billing program. We were previously using Timeslips and it worked OK for what we needed, but I wanted to upgrade to something that was easier to use. There has been a learning curve, which is to be expected, but it is very easy to navigate and their customer support has been incredible. I have called and/or emailed several times and have always received quick and direct assistance to my issue. Plus, I was able to work out most of the kinks during an extended free trial period to make sure it would fit my needs. It has made my time-keeping much easier, and has really made our invoicing/billing process run much more efficiently. I wouldn't hesitate recommending TimeSolv to anyone, solo practitioner like myself or even small/large firm.

Pros

I most like the ease of using TimeSolv for entering billable fees and expenses, and the customer service and support I have received thus far has been excellent.

Cons

Truly there is nothing I have seen that makes me regret making the change to TimeSolv. If I had to pick one thing it would be that there are many features that are customizable, but there are some others that I wish I could have a little more control over in the invoicing (size of address on first page for one), and the default display of a client's "office phone" instead of mobile phone (but this is easily remedied by entering the mobile # in the office # since I rarely ask for/need a client's work # anyways).

Reasons for choosing TimeSolv Legal Billing

TimeSolv had everything that I was looking for at the right price point. It is easy to use and the customer service and support during the "leaning curve" for a new program has been excellent. There are still some great features in TimeSolv that I likely won't use because of the nature of my practice (trust accounting, storage of documents, budgeting for individual clients/matters), but it has worked perfect for my needs. Clio seemed to have many features I didn't need for the added cost, and Toggl came at a lower price but without some of the features I needed.

Reasons for switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

I was looking for a program that was easier to use and one with more features.

VALERIE

Easy and Very Functional

I've used some of the bigger name time entry systems in the past and when we decided to move to a smaller boutique firm, the money for those bigger time entry systems just was not there. We tested a few, but the one that has been the best has been TimeSolv. From a timekeeper standpoint, I am glad we have switched to TimeSolv. The cost per user is great and it works well with our small firm.

Pros

We love that we can see the number of hours billed each day in the month, editing and adding information is easy and adding disbursements is as well. The search features and most other items are easy.

Cons

Some of the information in our timekeeping isn't automatically added into our bills (which need to be). However, working with customer service to get those items added in has been a breeze.

Reasons for choosing TimeSolv Legal Billing

It just worked better for us and similar to what we previously used.

Reasons for switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

It just didn't function the way we needed it to and TimeSolv is very similar to the system we used when we were at a larger, multi-office GP firm. It also was very cost effective.

Tammy

Awesome program

From the initial transition to current use, I have been extremely happy with TimeSolv.

Pros

TimeSolv is very user friendly. After using another legal billing software program (also had "Time" in its name) that was very user UNfriendly and constantly froze and had a long list of other issues, converting to TimeSolv was a dream. The customer support is also amazing.

Cons

That there is a difference between statements and invoices, and that all clients with balances do not automatically print (if they have not incurred new charges during the billing period at hand).

Reasons for choosing TimeSolv Legal Billing

It was priced more fairly while still providing all the desired features.

Reasons for switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

Timeslips was horrible. Not user friendly at all and had numerous issues with software.

Life saver

Pros

Very easy to use -- with the mobile app, there is no excuse for not reporting time. The best customer service ever. This software and the correlating service has saved me so much time and stress in getting my bills out timely. I wish I would have done it sooner.

Cons

So far, haven't found anything that I don't like.

Reasons for switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

Timeslips was more than functional, but it was left to me to do my billing every month unless I hired someone specifically for that role. As a small firm, I didn't want to incur that overhead. TimeSolv is the perfect fit. It's like having an in-house bookkeeper without having the extra burden of employee overhead.

Brian

Great functionality, happy to be a user

We've only been using TimeSolv for about 60 days, but the experience overall has been very good.

Pros

The reporting features of this software greatly exceed anything we've ever used.

Cons

The user experience is functional, but lag behind in terms of overall UI and UX.

Reasons for switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

Clio did not have adequate reporting for our business model.

Timothy

Great Product, Better than great support

Once can compare features, price, etc., and as a former IT professional, I get that you will, but what is at least as important is follow-through and support from the vendor. These guys rock it. They assign someone to you, who takes ownership of helping you and your staff. They actually make changes to the system based on customer feedback, and then tell you when they implemented what you were looking for. The strength of any software product is ultimately dependent on the support behind it, and this is top notch

Pros

It does just about whatever you want it to do, billings wise.

Cons

Integration with quickbooks could be easier. Not the most intuitive interface.

Reasons for switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

Speed, and ability to survive the jump to catalina.

Stephen

Easy Time Entry

Pros

The biggest problem with billing software is having a good interface for people to enter time quickly and easily. The pre-defined codes make time entry simple.

Cons

The invoice templates could use a little more flexibility, but we are able to easily modify to fill our specific needs.

Reasons for switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

Needed an online platform and 10 years ago Timesolv was the leader.

Randy

Large or Small. TimeSolv fits all!

This software tracks my time and expenses for clients and their respective projects. I enter everything as we go and at the beginning of the next month my bulling takes me maybe half an hour.

Pros

Very easy to use. Hardly any learning curve. Support is great. Pricing can't be beat!

Cons

I have absolutely nothing negate to say!

Reasons for choosing TimeSolv Legal Billing

AMERICAN SUPPORT, Features and Pricing!

Reasons for switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

Timeslips you have to buy when new versions come out. I can use Timesolv for 5 years for what one version of Timeslips costs. No brainer!

Ryan

A++

I've used TimeSolv for a couple years now and love it as much as you can love a legal time tracking software. A++

Pros

Ease of use for selecting client and entering time

Cons

The inability to search for time entries in calendar view

Reasons for switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

TimeSolv is more updated, modern, and easier to use.

Valerie

Industry: Law Practice

I have been using TimeSolv since 2012 and I absolutely love it!

The system makes billing easy and efficient.

Pros

Reliable, accurate billing with an easy to use platform that provides flexibility to use it from any computer.

Cons

There is nothing I do not like about this software. Over the years I have used it any feature that I wished it had was added.

Reasons for choosing TimeSolv Legal Billing

Option to email bills directly from program, ease of use, no software to purchase and upgrade.

Reasons for switching to TimeSolv Legal Billing

Program kept crashing, errors in computing amounts due reflected poorly on my business.

Erika