All Xero Reviews

Karim

11 - 50 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed January 2021

One stop Accounting solutions for Small to Medium organisations.

Happy

Accounting, 11-50 employees

The Xero Effect: Revolutionizing Accounting One Click at a Time

Xero stands out as a professional, user-friendly, and aesthetically pleasing accounting solution. While it may occasionally test your patience with its speed, the overall experience remains largely unaffected, leaving users with a feeling of satisfaction and relief.

PROS

I thought it was a simple step in and work type of software, easy to maneuver around and not get lost. Love the soft blue color as well, feel professional and relieving.

CONS

The online platform was slightly slow for, could be my connection maybe on this one.

joel

Retail, 11-50 employees

Xero Recurring Bill Feature Review

PROS

The recurring bill feature of xero is very easy to setup. It has corresponding placeholders that enables you to customize references and other information needed to easily identify the entries. You can choose the status of the recurring bill as well (draft, awaiting approval, awaiting payment). The option to choose frequency, due date, and end date provide flexibility when you setup the recurring bill.

CONS

It is best to get someone who is an expert to setup xero and train the users so that you can deploy it immediately and accurately.

Peter

Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Xero is made for accountants and not small business or tradies.

Xero is quick to reconcile but so are the other brand options. I am making a lot of money for my accountant because I always need to ring and get help.

PROS

Easy reconciliation but this is a feature of most brands now.

CONS

Reports are impossible to configure and source the data I need. The layout is poor and not user friendly. The technical terms used are common to accountants but make no sense to small business operators. The online help is useless and takes forever to get a response. Feature requests are ignored and not even responded to. There are other brands that offer a much easier user interface and at a fraction of the cost. I was forced into XERO as it was the only brand my accountant would support. I have to ring the accountants for help all the time who change a fortune for simple advice. Every feature I need is an extra add on charge. The remember me at login does not work and I have to waste time with 2 step login every time I leave the computer for 5 minutes. XERO does not work well on the tablet. The bank feeds do not deliver all the transaction data detail and its very difficult to identify some businesses. Memorizing transactions and splitting purchases is a real time-waster.

Reason for choosing Xero

I was forced to use it by my accountant who would not support the other brands.

Nancy

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Great Software

PROS

really easy to use & can have a multiple tabs open at one time

CONS

needs more keyboard shortcuts & better access controls for users

Reason for choosing Xero

Xero was much easier to use & imports were required for our use case

Reasons for switching to Xero

Quickbooks is not user friendly at all and their support is terrible. They actually transferred one of my employees to me once when we called them for support.

Munubi

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 employees

Xero review 2024

Overall Xero saves us time through intergration with payroll and POS systems.

PROS

I like the dashboard which can quickly reconcile transactions,see what current bills needs to be paid and see where we are at on invoicing potential members not forgetting how easy it is to use this platform and the pricing is budget friendly for small and big organizations.

CONS

To be honest I have not encountered any cons I like how modern and user friendly it is.

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Most suitable software for small to midsize organizations

I would rate it highest among similar software available in the market.

PROS

We are a large organisation but have acquired multiple other businesses so I got a chance to use Xero the best thing about Xero that other software does not have are: 1 - Can store and upload files by sending an email as well which not all software has. 2 - BAS reports in Australia can be quickly prepared and lodged from Xero to ATO (which saves a lot of time). 3 - Can customize most of the reports and this help support migrations from Xero to other software or vice versa.

CONS

Should expand their customer base to large organisations by allowing Fixed asset registers and more syncretization with third-party plugins or software.

Danville

Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Reviewed May 2024

An Excellent and Perfect Accounting and Bookkeeping Tool.

PROS

I like ease to carry out accounting and bookkeeping activities with Xero. Billing and invoicing is another aspect of Xero that I like. It is simple to track and manage cash flows. It is a convenient tool for bank reconciliation. It enables ease to track and manage expenses.

CONS

I haven't found anything complicated with Xero as it simplify accounting process.

Kristoffer

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Xero - industry standard

Its become part of the company. WIsh it was even better. Not much progress during last 5 years.

PROS

Its used by many, it has API to banks and is the industry norm

CONS

The customisation for each market is limited. Currencies is an expensive option.

Reasons for switching to Xero

Cost was lower than having full time bookkeeper

Ryan

Human Resources, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Arguably the best option

PROS

Good value for money and integrates with our other software's well

CONS

Ideally would like it to be a touch cheaper and have more customize options on reports

Mohammed

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Good for medium jobs

PROS

One of the interesting things is that the program has a good variety of reports and gives good results and analysis

CONS

It takes some time to understand how it works

Gene

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2020

Accounting Software Design for the Business Owner

Xero give me, an accountant, a tool to provide my clients with that effectively gives them a tool for keeping their daily records in an orderly fashion make my job easier at the end of each month.

PROS

Xero have been designed to be used by non-account business folks. However, once the data has been listed an accountant has a great tool to use to finish the company financial records (Monthly, Quarterly & Annually). It is also priced at a rate that works for most business owners.

CONS

I really do not know of any areas within the software that I can list as "Least" liked. I do not know of any significant problems which I believe need correcting.

Reason for choosing Xero

Because of its design for the business owner.

Reasons for switching to Xero

I found Xero to be better designed for the average business owner at a lower rate.

Judah

Accounting, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2020

Solid platform

So far, it has been amazing. I have little to no complaints. Everyone that I have moved to Xero have told me thank you.

PROS

Xero is an accounting software that just works. I have used so many different platforms, and Xero has been the easiest and most reliable software I have found.

CONS

1099 reports are too limited. Tracking categories are too limited. Support can phone it in when you first reach out to them, but if you set up a time to chat with someone they are extremely helpful.

Reasons for switching to Xero

Quickbooks ethics and support was enough to drive me crazy. When you would call QBO support 5 times, you will most likely get 5 different answers and they will usually contradict each other.

Leanne

Staffing and Recruiting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Easy to deploy and use providing you have basic book-keeping knowledge

Solid and simple cloud accounting solution that is easy to navigate and customise. Great that our external accountants and legal support can access online as they need. Seems to be continuously evolving and its reassuring to see ongoing development of the product.

PROS

Customisable dashboard is a time saver and ability to customise templates helps with consistency for our company branding. Customisation of user permissions means the bonus of staff being able to enter their own expenses which is a further time saver. Being able to work across multiple currencies now is a plus, albeit I wish we could manually adjust exchange rates being used.

CONS

Many advanced features that are standard for longer established accounting software solutions are available, but as "bolt on" packages, so costs can escalate quickly if you need full "bells and whistles". Customer service response can be very slow compared to other cloud software providers we use - in the beginning they were responsive for engagement but over time they're clearly pushing all customers towards getting answers from their user community and/or through the Q&A section. I appreciate that customer service probably don't want to be wasting time with queries better addressed by professional book-keepers or accountants, but in our instance, as "advanced users", our customer service queries tend to be related to technical challenges with the product. It would be great of Xero could analyse the types of queries coming from their customers and perhaps have a priority helpline on offer for "low maintenance" subscribers.

Reason for choosing Xero

Felt more user friendly, especially for team members who, at the time, had limited or zero accounting knowledge

Iain

Industrial Automation, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2021

Very different to Sage 50

We moved from Sage line 50 to Xero, this has mainly been a positive experience. From our day-to-day usage, sending invoices, chasing debt, bank reconciliation it is very easy to use. Our accountant set up Dext to import receipts and expenses which means we spend much less time with data entry now and we are much more paperless than we were. The key driver for us was to work in a cloud based system that would integrate with other business management systems and Xero kept coming up as the one that plays nicely with lots of other services. Our managment accountant has taken a lot more convincing as the web-based interface can be a little more clumsy in some 'pure-accountancy' areas and getting the chart of accounts nicely presented has taken a bit of effort. Generally we're really happy with Xero and are also happy with the split that the CRM/MRP/ERP system is supported by that vendor leaving the accountancy to the accountancy experts.

PROS

Ease of use from a day-to-day perspective for a non accountant and integration with other cloud software such as Dext and Flowlens

CONS

We have had a couple of glitches where bank feeds have stopped working for periods of time, manual import of bank statements can take a few attempts to get right.

Reason for choosing Xero

Ease of use, Established brand, Integrated Payroll, migration support, ongoing cost

Compatibility with CRM/ERP, Cloud system

Mahnaz

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Xero use in a School

Reconciliations are so much easier, integrating with other products is so much easier, there are so many apps which can easily integrate into Xero.

PROS

Xero is very easy to navigate around and is user friendly. Even a non-finance employee is able to use Xero. The product is able to integrate seamlessly with a school management system importing invoices and contacts which are managed in the school management system. The integration is almost automatic and does not require a user to sync. AMAZING PLATFORM!

CONS

Nil - Honestly there is nothing I dislike about Xero.

Reason for choosing Xero

Integration, Ease of use, ease of navigation, reporting

Reasons for switching to Xero

MYOB was not able to integrate with a school management system.

Elena

Entertainment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Xero has helped us transform and streamline our processes

Xero has streamlined our operations, and simplified our record keeping, and notification of when bills are due for payment or invoices due for collection. The dashboard is fantastic for an overall picture. The reporting tools are excellent, and the ease of use is so logical and straightforward, that it's simple l to self-teach even for a beginner. On top of that when you have any questions the how-to guides are thorough in themselves, and support is excellent and very quick to come back to you with an in depth answer.

PROS

The ease of use is fantastic, and a beginner is able to self-teach quite easily with the fantastic guides and webinars that are available from Xero. The support is also exceptional and I have always had my queries answered in great detail and very quickly.

CONS

My main issue was that I would like to be able to create different delivery addresses on invoices that have one invoice address but different delivery locations, as it's important to specify. To workaround we write it in the body of the invoice, however with previous systems we have been able to enter multiple delivery addresses, for one invoice address and select the required one each time.

Reason for choosing Xero

We watched several comparison videos but it was the ease of use that sold us. I had used Sage and Zoho books in the past and knew that I didn't want to use either of them again, and I was so pleased that we chose Xero as has been fantastic for us.

Simon