Browse Cryptlex Reviews

John from GeoLogismiki

Industry: Civil Engineering

GeoLogismiki review

Software licensing has become an easy task with Cryptlex and any problem we faced during implementation was solved promptly. After 15 years with perpetual licensing we were able to migrate to subscription based licenses with minimum effort!

Pros

Easy implementations, supports many platforms, integrates nicely with known e-commerce platforms

Cons

Nothing in particular, one problem we faced with Delphi implementation and callback function was a minor issue

Mitch from Accurate Sound

Easy to integrate into my product, operations is seamless and reliable, tech support is top notch

Pros

I needed a licensing solution for my audio application and plugin that was reasonably priced, had a C++ library to easily integrate, and an operations portal (dashboard) that allowed for easy management of users and licenses. I also had a complex product configuration and licensing scenario in which when I had questions Cryptlex was able to answer in a timely manner with the right solution. The GitHub library of examples really helped me quickly integrate LexActivator into my C++ application. A dozen or so lines of code were required to get it working. And once working, it has continued to work seamlessly since. I also like that is available on virtually all platforms as it was a requirement for my product.

Cons

In my use case, there is nothing lacking with Cryptlex solution. It does what it advertises very well. There were no blockers in my project.

Reasons for Choosing Cryptlex

I looked at over a dozen product/solutions over several months and had all but given up on finding a licensing solution that would meet my requirements. Cryptlex was recommended to me by another company in my industry indicating that have had a good experience using the product, saying it was flexible and rock solid. Cryptlex ticked all of the boxes for having a C++ library that I can easily integrate into my app, on multiple OS platforms and devices. Fantastic having GitHub code examples on how to create, activate and manage a license. I had a complicated licensing scenario where a single product could have multiple instances on one computer and/or multiple computers and/or multiple OS's. Again easily solved with Cryptlex. The defence in depth strategy is best practice. One can also test and get going using Cryptlex at virtually no cost. This allowed for in-depth product testing without making a long term commitment. After 6 months of using Cryptlex, I am happy with my choice. The product works as advertised, easy to implement, easy to manage, rock solid service and tech support, all for a reasonable price. After using it for +6 months, I am glad I chose Cryptlex.

December 2021

December 2021

Great Licensing Platform

We have been using the Cryptlex platform for over 5 years now and could not be happier with the solution. Stability and price wise.

Pros

The Cryptlex platform is very easy to set up and integrate into your applications. it is also quite easy to integrate with Payment processors like fastspring. What I most like about it is the ability to get it with your apps.

Cons

Altho it is not a major drawback, currently, Cryptlex does not support UWP (container) apps, but I was told that they will in the future.

Laurent from asdf

Industry: International Affairs

Cryptlex Review

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Too expensive. Your new plan is a rip off.

Steve from More4apps

Cryptlex Review

This is the only LAAS product we found that could satisfy our requirements for silent licensing, and floating-concurrent seats.

Pros

Provided a very flexible floating-concurrent model for integration with our C# application. The Rest API is very easy to use, so that end users have "silent licensing", they are unaware of the Cryptlex service operating in the background.

Cons

The security around the Web API key could be improved.

Reasons for Choosing Cryptlex

Cost and functionality. The other products we looked at would all have required customisation to satisfy our needs.

Reasons for Switching to Cryptlex

We did not want to operate a cloud service for licensing, and our internally developed service was inflexible and difficult to maintain.

Mattias from Symetri AS

Symetri

Very good

Pros

We needed a quick and easy way to get the crypto part of our licensing as we only have an SSO account login service - not a full license system

Cons

sadly didn't fit in our SSO solution, so we couldn't use user assigned license and needed to handle that part our own

Reasons for Choosing Cryptlex

We didn't want a full blown license system, we wanted the crypto help to our existing SSO solution and this was one of the best options, its had good solutions of the 4 things we needed: single-license, multi-license, trial and offline activation. Not many of the other contenders had all 4 and the ones that had all 4 also was more of a full license system.

Reasons for Switching to Cryptlex

We lost the person with the knowledge of the software and it was very expensive for the little use we had and wanted a less complicated system with lower learning curve

Mahesh from AccessAgiliyt LLC

So far best Licensing Tool I used But need some improvements too

I am pleased to use it along with my clients and their customer too. Researched many licensing tool and packages and all of them were very complicated or very difficult to use and after reviewing Cryptlex I was very happy and keen to use it.

Pros

Very easy to use and very light weight. Easy to setup and run.

Cons

As such I can't say what i don't like but most of stuff are good.

Vikram from RCCCAD IT Solution Pvt. Ltd,

Industry: Civil Engineering

Use of Cryptlex

Good

Pros

Basic features are easy to learn and use. Server never failed.

Cons

Poor documentation. Need more tutorials, videos, webcasts. People not conversent with web api find it difficult to implement.

Cheap price

Michel from Veth Propulsion

Industry: Maritime

Easy to use licensing software

The ability to let external user use our software but still have control over when this is no longer allowed.

Pros

how easy it can added to a product and it's very affordable. Also the support is very good

Cons

It's not easy to use the dashboard to search for users using a specific version of our software.

Scott from Verowave Technologies Limited

Excellent activation solution and extremely simple to implement

Having reviewed a number of activation solutions that were either costly or very complex to implement, I came across Cryptlex. The solution from Cryptlex is extremely well presented, very simple to implement and has a great management portal. They are also very rapid to respond to questions / support and I have been very impressed with their service. As a start-up software company, this solution provided us everything we needed and allowed us to implement a very sophisticated activation solution with a zero upfront cost. I would highly recommend Cryptlex to anyone who is looking for a simple but highly effective activation solution.

Pros

The software is extremely well presented and very easy to implement. It has a zero-based cost for an initial number of activations which makes it an affordable solution for any start-up business.

February 2016

Terry from Hydrology Studio

February 2016

Finally, easy-to-use software licensing

I'm a small ISV and had looked around for a long time for a software licensing service that was up to date and easy to use. Cryptlex nailed it. I was able to set up multiple software titles in a short period of time. Their technical support is excellent and the service works flawlessly. My backend web developer praises it as well, "Very cool! Cryptlex is pretty awesome the API was well-documented and easy to use.

Angel from Tecnicas Radiofísicas

Good product

Pros

Easy to use and integrate with our C++ code

Cons

License optional values are not easy to set.

Reasons for Switching to Cryptlex

Hardware keys are obsolete.

Karen from CADblanche

Feedback requested from Cryptlex

Pros

For our purposes, the cost and effort to integrate with our software was relatively low. In addition I would like to mention we were allowed to stay on the legacy plan when the price of monthly plans were updated - thank you very much for that.

Cons

Manual effort on my part is required to send invoice and receipt to finance. It would be nice to be able to automate this process somehow.

Response from Cryptlex

Replied August 2021

Thanks for the review. You can contact us and share your finance team's contact point.

Klaas from Klaas Nienhuis

Add professional licensing to your own software

I've added the Cryptlex licensing system to my own software because I was way in over my head. Tracking permissions, what happens when there's no internet, do stuff when a license expires: Cryptlex handles this smoothly. I don't need to worry about this anymore. The API is essential to create licenses from outside of Cryptlex. In my case I have WooCommerce send a trigger to create a product key on Cryptlex when a payment has been processed. This works great. I had a few hickups while developing but after posting my questions on the forum they're answered promptly (time difference permitted). The support really is 5-star. The backend, where I can manage the issued product keys is a bit limited. It would be great to have more ways to search and filter license or to make reports and analyze logs. I can fully recommend Cryptlex!

Powerful and affordable product

Very good quality/price ratio and fast support.

Pros

It works on multiple platforms, is powerful and cheaper than the competition.

Cons

An easier way to implement license borrowing would be appreciated. it is possible now, but not trivial to implement.

Simone from Simone Bassani

Industry: Photography

Best solution for my needs

Pros

Support and workflow. This is what I need and this is what I have.

Cons

The user panel is in english language only, it would be better to have much more opportunity to give users the proper language.

Steve from CIM Solutions

Great Solution

We were looking for a long time to find an affordable solution and this fitted the bill perfectly, just wish we found it sooner!

Pros

Easy to use and implement great user interface good reporting tools

Cons

none so far

Benno from Comerge

long title

We have been looking for licensing library for Java Rich Client and have been evaluating various solutions. Cryptlex is the best solution. Easy to setup and easy to use. Thank you.

July 2016

Arul from Business Intelligence Software Developer

July 2016

Great product

We were looking for licensing module for a long time. we found cryptlex and happy with it. their customer support is very responsive and helpful. keep up the good work

Pros

Easy to use. responsive customer support team

Cons

Need more detailed documentation. supports latest versions of OS. needs support for lower versions of Linux too.

A from RheingoldUSA

It works, flexible plans.

-It works! -It needs a developer to work out the API if you are integrating. -Good support. -Flexible plans.