• Pros

• "The user interface is great! Chatra is very intuitive and easy for anyone to use."

• "The software is very easy to use and has very good features even on the free trial version. "

• "Super easy to use. I adopted Chatra for quite some times now. It's super easy to use, the free version can be useful for every new startup or website."

• Cons

• "t does have limited functionality which can be a downside, but overall I like this better than Drift."

• "Lack of options on free version - but what can you expect for free"

• "i wish all of the features were free but of course that is unrealistic and certainly the developers of this great product deserve to be compensated for their hard work!"

Browse Chatra Reviews

Eugene from IP Bos Evgeniy Viktorovich

nice chat for the website

Pros

Simple has a free plan, applications are well made and the interface is nice to work in.

Cons

Skipped webchats moved to another tab which is accessible with 2 clicks (should be 1 click max)

Sheldon from EAPFoundation.com

Great customer chat software with equally outstanding App

This is the perfect software for chatting to customers. If you want more features, the paid subscription is great, but if you just want the basics, the free option works a treat.

Pros

This software is great if you are starting out small, since the free package (which I'm using) is fully functional and serves all live chatting needs. The App is also great and sends phone alerts when a conversation is started, meaning you don't need to stay logged in on a browser the whole time. I live and work in China and a perennial problem here is the great firewall of China (all things Google are a no-no) but it works super-fast here because there are no calls to googleapis (for JavaScript files), the downfall of many websites and software products. The emailed transcript of conversations is also a nice feature (though I believe standard, for this type of software). The company is also not pushy, so while there are occasional emails about the product and services, they are not bombarding you with emails to upgrade to a paid or more expensive option.

Cons

There isn't really anything I dislike about the software. The only thing is maybe the free trial, which gives you full functionality (useful for trying), so if you are going for a free or lower tier subscription, you might get attached to some features which later disappear.

Reasons for Choosing Chatra

I chose Chatra over other products since it works super-fast for me here in China (and if it is fast in China, it is fast anywhere in the world). Other chat software I tried was problematic - or did not have a good free option, which I need right now as I don't have too many live conversations (yet).

Bienvenido from In-Home Supportive Services - San Mateo County Health

Chatra - is used for CHATting RApidly!

Chatra can really be used for CHAtting RApidly. With its features, it defines what a real chatting software should be.

Pros

Chatra is very useful in our company because it is important that we keep on chatting from time to time taking care of our patients. This software lets you respond to the messages in real-time. I did not experience any logs in using it and so I believe it is perfectly designed by the developers. No problem also of using multiple screens while this software is in use.

Cons

A perfect real-time communication software for all types of businesses. It will never compromise the information needs of all the people connected to this software across the company.

Debjit from Alpana Web Solutions

All-in one chat engine for solo or team.

I love the simplicity and integration capibility. Just add the code to footer and thats it now my site has a live chat. Free forever helps me to try their service and it really good chat engine,

Pros

I love the simple arrangement of it. Register login and start using the software. Just paste and use it any of your website. No need to validate and less hassle. I love the forever free plan for one persoion free chat enable. Lots of my customer just need one agent to use be used with their site. This just solve lots of my problem. Sometime app stops working but the app is simple and update fast. There is kind of delay to reply but it is not that much. Awesome and very good featured chat engine

Cons

The chat is laggy and takes some time to update. The app when using with VPN is really takes time to show online and chat update.

Response from Chatra

Replied April 2019

Thanks for the review, Debjit! As for the chat being "laggy", could you send us more details to support@chatra.io?

Joseph from C3I

Chat tastic!!

I use chatra to stay in touch with our customers questions and needs.

Pros

Chatra is easy to use with support and ease of access

Cons

There are no cons that i have encountered.

Abb-d from Curate Labs

One of the Best Free Engagement Tools

Using chatra has been great, we had an increase of engagement and enquiries as a result.

Pros

It's free, easy of use, comes with a desktop and mobile app for easy access and gives you enough customisation options to make it feel like part of your website.

Cons

Slightly more customization around the button would be ideal. Though this is a small compromise.

Reasons for Choosing Chatra

There is a free option that allows use of the desktop app.

Paul from Enderson Design Ltd

Perfect Chatting

Chatra allows me to communicate with potential leads. It's been in place for less than a year, but has already generated a substantial amount of new business.

Pros

Very quick to implement using a Cloudflare app. Easy to style to match my site.

Cons

A longer trial would have been nice, I guess?

Reasons for Choosing Chatra

I felt a proprietary option from Skype may hinder customer contact.

Andi from Andi Smiles LLC

Easy to use and setup!

Pros

What I loved about Chatra is that it's easy to use and setup. It's basically a plug and play option for your website. While I don't use the more advanced features, I appreciate that they are there and like that as my business grows I can upgrade to a more robust plan. Overall, I find the interface easy to use and more people have contacted me since installing Chatra on my site.

Cons

I wish there was a way to archive conversations rather than deleting them

Danielle from DaniMagestro.com

Chatra helps you connect with buyers

Pros

I've tried lots of chat systems for our website and client websites. Chatra is perfect for Shopify stores and makes it so easy to respond to questions. The free version is great for most small businesses but if you get the paid you can actually be more strategic. I also love that it has desktop notifications.

Cons

I had issues with my login and connections to shopify and somehow had two accounts setup. If you run multiple stores it can be confusing as it auto logs in. Once it was cleared up it worked fine.

Capri from IP JP

Company chats made easy!

Excellent - communication is easy as well as getting work done!

Pros

Very easy to communicate with our office instead of picking up the phone and calling each other, we can just send instant messages.

Cons

Nothing at all. This software makes it very easy to be in touch with coworkers without having to leave your desk.

Daniel from Pelican Commerce, LLC

Tested 20+ Chat Systems - Chatra Ranks #1 For Our Agency & Clients!

I've tested many systems out from CRMs, Inventory Management, Marketing Automation, etc. When I found Chatra It seemed like a copycat(ish) of Intercom.io' design. But once I gave them a shot it was so much more! #1 Reason this is a must have is because Chatra has brought our engaged customers from one every once in awhile (something like 1-2 per week if we were lucky) to 2-5 per day. That might not seem like much to some companies but we sell high dollar packages and subscriptions so the ROI is huge. There is just something about the way it is presented and the customers react to it. If you use something that is traditional then customers don't even see it anymore. Some other chat systems I FULLY tested and in some cases signed up for and used full time: - Intercom.io - LiveChat Inc - Drift - Zopim - Happy Fox - Tidio - Pure Chat - and many more! Here is what I like: - My team can see everything and take on chats and transfer them super easy. - Multiple team members can chat with a client at one time making a group chat easy and it feels right. - The customers actually leave their info unlike other systems. Customers never wanted to leave their info in other systems we used but when we added Chatra to our site customers actually add the info in so we can continue the conversation by email and know who they are. - Presentation is amazing to the client and feels natural. - We can pick up chat from the chat app or from our email box. This is really nice because that works with our CRM too. - Since the presentation is so well implemented the customer is not expecting an instant reply. We have used other systems that have similar functionality but people would be upset thinking that we were right there. Who I think this is for: If you are busy and don't want to worry about being at your computer when your live chat is visible or deal with being "Offline". This allows you to always be online but if you are not right there then the customer knows you will be back shortly to pick up the conversation by email or on the website depending where they are. This is amazing for us because we are not big enough to have someone watching the chat box all day, we cannot worry about leaving our computer at a moments notice and having upset customers. What I don't like: Integrations are sparse and I hope they come up with a Zapier connection or more support for Zapier specific webhooks format so we can structure the data is a better way.

Response from Chatra

Replied November 2016

Thanks for the feedback, Daniel! We plan to add Zapier integration in the future (but there's no ETA yet, unfortunately), so stay tuned!

Brenda from Anson Maddocks Art

Industry: Fine Art

Chatra features have helped connect our customers with our store

My experience has been nothing but positive. I feel fortunate to have found and installed Chatra and can't imagine getting by without it

Pros

I loved all of the free trial features I had access to initially and feel that they are certainly worthwhile. Using the free plan, I miss having access to all of the data on our site's visitors at my fingertips but we benefit significantly nonetheless. I am still excited about the improved accessibility that our customers and visitors to our site feel thanks to Chatra. Our webstore caters to a personalized experience and authentic connections between our store's services and our customers. I found it easy to install and have had a seamless experience ever since. The auto-responses are totally customizable which I appreciate and I really find the setting of store hours to be helpful as well.

Zax from Entrepreneur

Chatra is my go-to recommendation

I've been an Adobe partner designing and building software for over 20 years. I'm very picky about how software works and feels, but I can't think of one bad thing about Chatra. The experience to the user is very transparent. It stays out of their way until they need help, then it's right there waiting. I can use it to help with conversions. I can use it to help debug problems. I can turn features on and off without programming. It's well-executed, well-designed and support has been very helpful and intelligent. It's also incredibly affordable. I highly recommend it.

Pros

Very easy to add to site. Makes it a lot easier to give customers a personal touch with a small staff. Captures user details that makes debugging problems faster, especially when the problems are only happening on specific devices.

Cons

Believe it or not, I can't think of anything I don't like.

We love chatting with Chatra!

Chat has really helped us be more available to customers without always having to be tied up on the phone. We love it!

Pros

Our support team has loved having a chat option in our software. It has cut down a lot on the phone calls we receive and it helps us answer our customers' questions immediately, with the option to ask questions and follow up as necessary. Our customers have also expressed that they really like having the chat feature on our website. We can have multiple team members available at one time, have chats assigned to different chat teams or have different tags depending on where the chat originated in our system. It has been great!

Cons

The only think I can think of is that it sometimes crashes (using the browser version).

Response from Chatra

Replied December 2018

Thank you!

Turned out to be the best option for small online shop project

Our raw estimate is that we increased sales up to 30% thanks to clients appreciation growth

Pros

We was able to try the chat for free (with single operator only) that made easier to make a decision to purchase Chatra subscription. What we liked them most as we got paid version is ability to create group chats. We have up to 10 operators coming online simultaneously and some of them are experts in particular areas. When some specific question comes up, it's easy to drag expert guy into it.

Cons

Once we got an issue with widget rendering on device with small screen. By looking into advanced configuration of the widget we were able to figure out how to scale it in proper way though.

Response from Chatra

Replied August 2018

Thanks for the feedback!

sofie from ByLayer

fantastic online business help

It really helped with the customer communication, I always think that if you have a doubt with something regarding the understanding of the features on a website, the customer might give up very fast, because it takes too much time to go to your email and send a​ message and then wait to get an answer, with Chatra this problem is solved, people/consumers can get real-time answers to their question while being on the website, it made indirectly things better for my business by making things easier for my customers

Pros

I really like how easy and pleasant it is to be used, the platform design is very modern and clean, and it integrates well with the desktop application. Another thing that I really like is that you can also create​ automated messages based on the different situation, therefore it is very flexible and helps in any kind of situation the users.

Cons

There is not really something that I don't like, it just can get a bit costly if you need more than one online agents, but there are pretty flexible options, even the free one is already quite convenient.

Response from Chatra

Replied November 2018

Thanks, Sofie!

David from GoldVu

Chatra is Great for Small Business Use

With many similar products available to choose from, I had to focus on a few points that I felt were important to me and my business. First, was the ability to engage in more then one chat at a time on the free package. I wanted the ability to deliver a first class service through a chat facility, and I felt that not being able to respond to more than one person at a time would mean that I could never really deliver a top response time. Chatra was the only one I could find that offered multiple simultaneous chats on their free package after their trial period ran out. This is so that if ever my paid subscription lapsed then my client help services wouldn't be affected. Second, time is precious for entrepreneurs like myself, so the quicker we can learn something new the better. I found the Chatra management interface extremely intuitive with plenty of good & clear help guides. To 'test' the chat interface before making it live on my company's website, I contacted Chatra through their own help chat box. I was pleasantly surprised at the speed of their response and the professionalism of their replies. Following that chat test, I went live with Chatra for my business and never looked back. Since going live, I've had plenty of fantastic conversations with potential & existing clients and they always pleased with the speed of answers and ease of speaking to us than had they had contacted us via e-mail. I highly recommend them for anyone considering to add such an application to their website.

Pros

Simplicity of use for myself and the people contacting me.

Cons

None that I can think of - it ticks all of my current requirements.

Response from Chatra

Replied November 2016

Thank you, David!

Davids from North Technology Group SIA

Industry: Computer Hardware

Alreaady great and getting better.

Chatra is a great choice for online chat, I am sure you will love it. Is it worth it? Absolutely. Is it better than competition? In many ways yes, but they are also different. Chatra is definitely one of the top choices. Add it to your shortlist, give it a try and then decide. My vote went for Chatra, leaving others behind. Are there any cons to consider? Yes, your competition will likely add Chatra to their website as well. Seriously.

Pros

Easy to use; Features like no other product; Cost effective; Easy to install and manage; It just works.

Cons

Lacks html support in messages; Limited languages supported; No time triggers for proactive chats.

Response from Chatra

Replied November 2016

Thanks for the feedback, Davids! In the future we plan to add HTML support and also API that will allow you to translate the widget into different languages on your side, so stay tuned! As for the time triggers - it's already possible to connect proactive chat invitations to the time spent on current page or on website. Or do you mean anything else?

Leigh from ABC Leksaker AB

Easy - and perfect for our needs

We have used Chatra for several months, and find it easy and perfect for our needs. We looked into several solutions, but most of them tried to be so... everything... that they were just complicated, expensive and difficult to apply to our small company. Chatra lets us chat with customers and/or follow up with e-mail later - exactly what we need - and it has definitely increased sales. With saved replies and the ability to see where the customer is surfing, we can respond in a timely and relevant fashion.

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

Not always sure who receives the chats... or how new chats are allocated between online staff.

Response from Chatra

Replied November 2016

Thanks for the feedback, Leigh! Chats are assigned like this: new chats come to the queue of all agents online, whoever reacts first and starts typing an answer takes the chat. Once the chat is assigned to a particular agent, it will disappear from the queue of other agents. If you are using automatic triggers and a visitor replies to a proactive invitation sent on behalf of a certain agent, this agent will receive the notification first, and if they do not react within 30 seconds, all other online agents will be notified.

Jack from Very Good Plugins

Great find!

I've been through a few customer support chat systems over the last couple of years. PureChat, Olark, and one other I can't remember. They all had various benefits, and shortcomings. One day I got a message from someone at Chatra asking me if I'd be interested is switching away from Olark. I don't usually respond to cold calls but it looked like a decent system so I gave it a try. 6 months later and I'm still very happy with the choice. The web interface is very easy to use, the integration with HelpScout fits perfectly in my workflow, and I've connected it to Easy Digital Downloads to show customer information alongside my support chats. Their mobile app does everything I need, and support has been very helpful whenever I needed it. I'd highly recommend Chatra to anyone looking for a customer support chat system.

Pros

Interface, mobile app, integrations

Cons

Wish they had a way to see current visitor activity and manually trigger a chat like Olark does

Response from Chatra

Replied November 2016

Thank you for the feedback, Jack! We are currently working on a feature that will allow you to see the list of online visitors and manually start a conversation, so stay tuned!

Ewa from VisualBirthPlan.eu

Great user experience on both sides

Overall I'm really pleased with the app so far. It made it easier to connect with potential clients and help them out. Already on the first day, we had the Chatra app to thank for enabling a user to notify us of a technical problem and give us an idea for a future feature update.

Pros

Chatra has a very polished design. Both the chat widget and the admin dashboard are easy to navigate and use. The set-up was a breeze and the mobile apps make it easy to keep on top of all incoming messages. The automatic triggers (currently in paid version only) add nice extra functionality for increasing engagement and conversions.

Cons

The chat button position options are very limited (all corners and middle of left/side/bottom edges of the screen). The position you choose will be applied to both desktop and mobile view, which is not ideal, as these designs have often different layouts. Ideally one should be able to set the widget's position on the desktop and mobile views separately.

Reasons for Choosing Chatra

Design of the app and dashboard. Ease of use. Free forever plan, with an option to upgrade later.

Response from Chatra

Replied June 2019

Thanks for the review, Ewa! We have a custom code that allows you to change the position of the mobile button without affecting the desktop view. Chat with us on our website or send us an email to support@chatra.io, and we'll give you the code.

Cindy from L/D Enterprises

Nice enhancement to my customer relations

Customers consult with me whilst placing an order, and I can give them confidence in their selection and personal attention. I can provide an immediate resolution of the customer's questions. Customers who might not make the effort to email are communicating with me.

Pros

Customers have another way of contacting me. When I'm online, it is spontaneous like a conversation. Chatting on Chatra keeps them on my website so they can order.

Cons

I often don't know who the person is. Maybe that's not a problem with the software, but I wish people were required to give their name. And sometimes they will not leave their email so I have no way of responding to their query.

Reasons for Choosing Chatra

I chose Chatra because I went to a business's website that used it, and liked the experience from the customer's point of view.

Response from Chatra

Replied June 2019

Thanks for the review, Cindy! You can check "Get messages only once the contact form is filled" and "Get offline messages only once the contact form is filled" options in the Chatra Bot settings to make the contact form required. In this case, visitors will not be able to proceed until they enter their name and email. Hope this helps!

Alex from Zenbag / Warpnet

Great conversion rate

Excellent experience, I would recommend this solution for every website owner.

Pros

I use chatra in my e-commerce and it helped me increase the conversion rate. Many sales were closed using Chatra. Also, I have a database of all contacts made, wich can be very useful for marketing and pos sales purposes. The mobile version works very well and it helped me a lot - even when I was away from my PC, I was not away from my customers.

Cons

Only the pricing model that could be adequated, but it pays for it easily.

Response from Chatra

Replied June 2019

Thanks for the feedback, Alex!

Pedro from Unilever

Very good chat solution

It was really good, only used he paid version during the trial period but then I kept using the free version,

Pros

They have a free version of the software that has enough functionality to allow a SMB to use it on their site to do customer support. Really easy to integrate through Google Tag manager making it simple even if you don't have technical knowledge. Also allows you to setup business hours and then has a log. Also it has a mobile app.

Cons

On the free version only one user is allowed at the same time and also it lack a lot of integrations with other tools. In the case they leave you missed messages the interface could be better.

Response from Chatra

Replied November 2018

Thanks for the feedback, Pedro!

Brit from ScholarTree

Chatra Review

Pros

Works really well and is very affordable

Cons

Load time on web app can be a bit slow. Cross-device notifications don't always clear

Reasons for Choosing Chatra

Cost for our company size was better

Susan from Le Vélo Victoria

My Chatra Review

I've been using Chatra for close to a year now. Integration & installation was simple. Set up was also simple but took a few tests to fully understand how the options I built up worked on my site. Helpdesk support is quick and very helpful. I like how I receive sounds on my iPhone when a customer is on my site. I can connect with anyone, anytime. I didn't have this option before Chatra. Connecting with customers at the time they need answers has been so important to building community with my customers. I also love how the conversations I've been able to create read like I'm online. Customers can interact with my message, this gives me time to get on the app and respond in real time. Oh, I have tried other chat apps. I didn't keep them long. Thanks, Chatra; you're a keeper!

Pros

See my review... but I like how we've been able to build chat conversations for customers when I'm not online. It reads well and people respond to it.

Response from Chatra

Replied December 2016

Thank you, Susan!

Michael from Sprintbooks

Industry: Printing

Tried Drift and other first before Chatra and I was blown away with the quality

We are using Chatra to easily communicate with the customers on Sprintbooks.co — we suggest various notebook layouts on the home page, but we then have a call to action to chat with us if they are still unsure which notebook would be best. Chatra ticks all the boxes for our sales pipeline.

Pros

It's super simple and easy to use, without confusing dashboards and clutter or features you don't use.

Cons

I literally can't think of anything I would change or do better.

Reasons for Choosing Chatra

Minimalist, simple, easy to use, zero learning curve, exactly the features you want and none you don't. API support too, so the front-end devs are happy — what else can we say!

Pascal from Monito

The best chat system I know

Installing Chatra on our website has not only changed the way we directly communicate with the users of our website, but also our approach to user research and email collection. It's obviously great to be available for our users at any moment to help them find a better way to send money abroad or to answer any questions they could have on a money transfer provider, but we also use Chatra pro-actively to ask targeted questions to users matching certain criteria. When we launch a new feature on our comparison platform for example, we'll start a chat with the users using it for the first time to ask them if everything make sense to them. Even when we're not online on the chat, we configured offline messages in Chatra which help us collect emails of potential leads. Thanks to Chatra's flexible API, the app is well integrated with our analytics and support software. The chat is now definitively a key part of the user journey of many of our users.

Response from Chatra

Replied July 2017

Thanks, Pascal!

Orlando from Zomoz

Excellent chat for your startup !

A good chat for our startup at good price!

Pros

Is very fast, easy to use and the managing dashboard is really good. We have been using it for almost 2 years. Also, it works perfectly on mobile which is good for our business and our users. The customer support also is very responsive. We feel like is a team working really hard on improve every month the product.

Cons

The API could be a little bit better. They should let technological teams mold better the size of the things or customize some stuff. They also should offer different plan prices.

Response from Chatra

Replied January 2018

Thank you for the feedback, Orlando!

Danielle from HandBand Pro®

Best Chat App Around!

Chatra was a simple install and very easy to customize to match our theme. Best of all, it converts 99% of our (chat) visitors into customers. When a visitor can chat directly and instantly with us about a question, it's an opportunity for us to meet their needs in real time. They are more confident doing business with us because there is a level of trust they experience while speaking with someone directly. To be able to see what user is typing before they hit send, helps us to respond quickly and efficiently. We love the fact that it works just as well on mobile, and we can answer questions on the go! The personal service we receive from Yaakov is exceptional. Highly recommend!

Response from Chatra

Replied November 2016

Thank you, Danielle!

Stephan from NCSU

Great live chat!

Pros

We utilize chatra sometimes in our office, we like to switch it up. Chatra is relatively newer but a lot of engineers in our university office utilize it for communication and find it easy and efficient! I personally find it easy and intuitive as well.

Cons

We enjoy chatra, it's great software to use and have in big offices!

I use Chatra on a daily basis to handle support and pre-sales. It's by far the best!

Chatra makes customer support and pre-sales dead simple.

Pros

I love the ability to see what the user is typing in real time, even before they submit their message. Also, they offer a really nice app for Mac.

Cons

While they have many features that competitors don't have, they lack in some basic features like the ability to manually send chat transcript.

KIMBERLY from Beautiful Photo Props

Industry: Photography

My favorite chat client by far!

I love that I can see what a customer is ordering prior to the order as well as answer any questions they have.

Pros

I use Chatra on my main website for all of my chat needs! I love the ease of use as well as how professional it looks on my site

Cons

I don't really have anything negative to say about this product, it satisfies all of my website needs.

Dawn from Everything Dawn Bakery Candle Treats

Great To Have But

Chatra helps me to communicate with my customers on the spot. Sometimes that results in sales, but usually, for me, it gives me the ability to build a rapport with my customers by being there and giving info when they need it.

Pros

I like that the software allows you to integrate with Shopify and Facebook Messenger. The integrations allow me to be able to see the pages that my customers are exploring in my online shop and be proactive with a chat to offer help if the customer appears to be stuck. It also gives me the ability to see which blog post the customer is reading and offer to answer any questions.

Cons

The operations were a little confusing. I wasn't quite sure if the cost for Pro was for an admin and one agent or if the admin was the one agent. There are additional charges for more than one agent, but the platform was not very clear about whether the 1 agent included, was for an agent outside of the admin. It was a bit annoying.

Response from Chatra

Replied December 2018

Thanks for the feedback! We'll try to make the part about agent accounts more clear.

Katy from kstalcup@parkmycloud.com

Good value chat platform

Pros

Easy to use chat platform. I like the customizable chat pop-ups, ability to assign chats from different pages to different agents, saved chats, and nice looking interface.

Cons

Doesn't accept AmEx for payment. It would also be nice to have easy export of chat contacts for followup purposes.

Response from Chatra

Replied November 2017

Thanks for the feedback, Katy! We are switching to a different payment processor in the nearest time, so AmEx cards will be supported soon. As for export of contacts - you can do it in Reports > Emails export tab.

Jessica from Specialty Communications, Inc.

This has reduced customer cancellations by 25%!!!

Customer retention increased, our representatives love it, and our customers love it. Chatra is awesome, and when we have any issues, their support team is responsive and helpful.

Pros

Chatra is amazing. Easy to use, responsive customer service, great design and functionality. Our customers rave about Chatra, and since implementing it last year, we have had a 25% drop in cancellations! Our customers find it easier than ever to get help with our programs.

Cons

No real cons about Chatra... Maybe one improvement would be allowing our reps to have a chat section, to communicate with one another separate from the customer chats.

Response from Chatra

Replied June 2018

Thank you, Jessica!

Francisco from ZOMOZ

A great Chat tool for Startups and small companies

If you´re a startup or small company looking to provide a great customer service without wanting to pay ridiculous fees like Intercom, this is the way to go.

Pros

Plenty of functionalities at a very good value. Probably the best value in the market. It has enough intelligence for our customer service to be world class

Cons

Maybe not having as many integrations and services like Intercom would have but I guess the price difference very well makes up for it

Response from Chatra

Replied November 2017

Thank you, Francisco!

Dejan from MICE

Easy to use and modern chat agent

This is very good software that continuously improves with time. It would be great to have Tags and Statuses for easier tracking and tagging of chat requests. One more option that I am looking for in near future is FAQ section within chat agent.

Pros

This software looks great and it is very easy to use. Their mobile app is also very nice and can completely replace web version - all functionalities are accessible through mobile app.

Cons

It is not very easy to find some old conversations and to search by status. There is no way to restrict what each chat agent is allowed to see. Everyone is able to see everything.

Great way for us to talk with our customers on our website

Pros

I love Chatra, and we still use it today in our startup. It makes interacting with customers on our website so intuitive and easy for both us and our customers.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about Chatra, I will continue to use it in the future.

Response from Chatra

Replied January 2019

Thanks for the review!

Michael from Sunset Air and Home Services

Best Chat Plug-In

From the very first day I installed Chatra, it simply worked! We started to receive chats from customers on our website, and our customers really appreciate receiving instant answers to their questions.

Pros

The many features, and ease of set-up and use.

Cons

Can't think of a single bad thing to say.

Florian from CHECKSUB

Industry: Broadcast Media

The free version are amazing

Pros

Cons

You can't see what's your user are live-writing if you don't have the premium version.

Response from Chatra

Replied June 2019

Thanks for the review, Florian!

Chatra is a SUPER simple but basic tool that worked great for a small organization

Pros

Chatra was one of the easiest support tools I've used, and it works well for a small team. The only reason my team decided to stop using the tool is because it is purely a chat tool and does not offer after hours ticketing.

Cons

One thing that made Chatra frustrating is that when there was a missed chat, it auto forwarded to my email address and not the email of the agent assisting with the request.

Response from Chatra

Replied November 2017

Thanks for the feedback! By default Chatra forwards offline/missed messages and chat transcripts to the email address of the account owner, but you can change the email in "Set up & customize" tab.

Nikhil from wwws.io

great for instant communication with customers

Excellent app, paid for itself within a couple of days. Helping customers through checkout in particular is great. Also seeing what they are typing before they send helps save time in replying, their location is visible - also very helpful in anticipating questions. Switched from another chat service to Chatra due mainly to its deep integration with Help Scout - chats and offline messages are added into Help Scout as new support tickets, giving us a full picture of customer support. So far we're loving Chatra! With native desktop and mobile apps, our team is able to help customers with their orders or product enquiries anywhere. Probably my most valuable app.

Response from Chatra

Replied November 2016

Thanks, Nikhil!

Marius from CONDACORE

Simple, beautiful, Love it

The best Live Chat Software I found so far! Told it it all my friends and I‘m using it in every project.

Pros

I really like the modern look of the chat Chat Client and also the functionality and also the functionality convinces me. I have been looking for a good live chat for WordPress for a long time and Chatra is exactly what I was looking for. Also the Smartphone App enhances the whole project.

Cons

The functionality of the free version is unfortunately limited to a minimum. But I can live with that. Chatra is still unbelievable.

Karly from To Your Home Ltd

Chatra Review

We use the free version - it is great for what we need. It would really help if we could make it so that each customer has to leave some contact details when leaving a message when we are set to away as it means some customers don't get answered if they don't come back to the website which could result in missing a sale.

Pros

Easy to use and manage the site and chats.

Cons

Not able to contact people if they don't leave any details and they may not come back to the site.

Response from Chatra

Replied November 2016

Thank you for the feedback, Karly! Have you tried checking "Get offline messages only once the form is filled' option in the Pre-chat form settings? This way you can avoid anonymous messages.

Kira from Specialty Communications

Streamlines Business!

Pros

I love being directly connected to customers. I love that they can get an answer immediately without having to call. I especially love that you can see what the customer is typing before they send it.

Cons

I don't care for the fact that they can enter Chatra without giving us any of their information, something, even just a name and an email should be required.

Response from Chatra

Replied June 2018

Thanks for the feedback, Kira! And sorry for the late reply. You can make the pre-chat form required by checking "Get messages only once the form is filled" option in the "Pre-chat form" tab.

JaKarrea from Millennial Boss

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Chatra is Great!

Pros

Easy to use and great for business! Helps you identify customer needs and provide greater sales opportunities.

Cons

we don’t have anything negative to say about the software at this time.

Vegard from WiMake Solutions

Excellent for a small business as its free and superior chat integration for premium upgrade!

I've used Chatra for multiple clients and they all love it! It's free for one user and most small businesses don't need anything more. I love the freemium and access to a generous paid upgrade when clients are big enough to take chat to a new level in their business model.

Pros

Multiple language interfaces based on the browser/visitor and it's included in the free/entry version!

Cons

The price of entry! A small company with one user should probably priced at something less than 5 dollars a month, instead of the 17 dollars monthly. However, it's a great product, just make the barrier of entry for a tiny company to take part of the benefits of premium (there is so many other monthly "small" payments these days in SaaS).

Response from Chatra

Replied November 2016

Thank you for the feedback, Vegard!

Luke from Healthbreak

Chatra Can Help Any Business Improve Their Customer Service

Overall Chatra has been a pleasant experience. I personally have not had to pay for this service so it may be different if you have to pay out of your own pocket to use it. You should compare with other software if you are not sure about Chatra, but you can try it for free if you go to their website.

Pros

Chatra is simple to use and makes customer support very easy. If you want the customers visiting your website to have proper guidance, you should try Chatra. The capabilities of this software far exceed any other like it and you can get started for free! It's free to get started so the least you can do is check out their website.

Cons

There are some services that you have to pay for but, like stated above, you can get started for free. Since Chatra has so many features, it can be a little overwhelming at first. But once you figure out how to navigate the software, it makes everything much easier.

Response from Chatra

Replied April 2019

Thank you, Luke!

Julia from Specialty Communications

Great service, easy to implement and use.

Great service to offer customers the ability to chat with your organization. Simple to setup and start using right away.

Pros

Super simple to get setup and going, also great ease of use for both the representative and customer side.

Cons

Wish they had a round robin type of option to rotate the chats through multiple representatives within the same department.

Response from Chatra

Replied June 2018

Thank you, Julia!