All Crisp Reviews

Katherine

Writing and Editing, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2020

Amazing Customer Service and a Great Chat App

Crisp chat has totally replaced our other chat program for my startup at a very fair price. Their set up was a breeze, according to our Marketer, and I personally think their customer support is excellent. You have the ability to add gifs and customize the chat to whatever degree you want. It has really been good for us!

PROS

They are very fair about pricing and their customer support is amazing. I had an issue with a duplicate account being created, and their support not only walked me through the problem and helped me solve it, but they also were super nice and friendly and made the whole experience lovely. Plus, their docs are amazing and very helpful!

CONS

The only problem I had was an accidental duplicate site being created. When I signed up it sent me to what seemed like the correct site, but was actually a copy of ours. This was fixed very quickly though!

Reasons for switching to Crisp

Their pricing went from $99 to $500 a month, which we could not afford.

Thank you very much for that nice feedback !

Replied February 2020

Simon

E-Learning, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2020

Really great product

I am using Crisp for all customer support and queries via website chat and incoming emails. I am also using the Helpdesk for my knowledge base. I have been using Zendesk for quite a while and have also tried Intercom but for my purpose Crisp definitely is the best by far. Those others have their place but for myself, as a small company Crisp is really outstanding in what it does. It is also less than half the cost. The automated bot is fairly easy to configure and a more advanced automated bot with workflow is also available. I am on the most expensive "unlimited" plan and find it very good value for money.

PROS

Very easy to use and friendly user interface. Much more intuitive to configure compared to others.

CONS

It would be nice if the offline app could "remember" the helpdesk articles when offline so they can be quoted in message replies that are composed offline. I am regularly away from data connection and so I receive new messages while connected then often have to compose my reply while away from connection... to be able to quote helpdesk and message shortcuts while offline would be nice.

Reason for choosing Crisp

Easier to use. Better features for my needs.

Fernando

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Very good tool but it has many things to imprive

If they want to have more clients, I think that they should simplify the integrations with other tools. For example ActiveCampaign that's a real CRM but very expensive for email marketing and doesn't have direct integrations with WhatsApp, Instagram, etc

PROS

With Crisp, you can have email marketing, webchat, and chatbots on Instagram, Facebook Messenger, Twitter, Telegram & WhatsApp so it simplifies the communication with a contact, but...

CONS

The CRM that they mention is not a CRM. Is a very limited contact list that has a lot of problems when you try to integrate it with Zapier, Integrately, etc. If you want to do some changes or integrations you will need to use code and they don't help you by saying that "is very easy" and the don't have any list of partners/developers to contract.

Reasons for switching to Crisp

Delivery problems with Acumbamail

Viktor

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2019

Great live chat system, even better help docs

Overall Crisp is an excellent platform, especially for what they charge. Their pricing is one of the things that attracted me to their platform, in addition to all the features. It makes communication easier, especially since it integrates several channels into one platform. Allows us to reply quickly, in many cases, instantly. They just need to fix never-ending conversations, and I'll be 100% happy.

PROS

Crisp is an excellent live chat and communication tool for support and sales. It's easy to use, has a mobile app that I use to reply to queries, and it also integrates other platforms like Twitter DMs, Telegraph, Line. We use Twitter DMs often as prospects and clients tend to DM us sometimes. In addition to chat itself, I really do like their help docs solution (knowledge base). It's very easy to manage, has very nice and clean design, and offers really good JS SDK for integrating with your website/apps. It's nice to be able to display articles in modal on our website.

CONS

My biggest issue with Crisp are never ending conversations. There's no way to have separate conversations with the same customer, old conversations get dragged into new conversations. It really needs a way to keep conversations separate, similar to other platforms like Intercom. For example, it sends out chat transcript after an hour of inactivity in chat. Problem is, that transcript might use subject line from an older conversation and/or include older conversation in the transcript. When I chat with Crisp's support and experience platform as a customer, those things are a bit annoying. Not a deal-breaker, but it definitely needs to be fixed.

Thank you for this nice review :) We will try to improve the feature you are talking about !

Replied May 2019

Arnaud

Computer & Network Security, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Crisp is THE best software to boost customer satisfaction

Overall, I'd say Crisp is the way to go if you're an early-stage startup or SMB. You'll have the quality of an enterprise product for a fraction of the price. The team is also exceptional, this is what makes the difference.

PROS

What I like the most about Crisp is that in 1 single platform, you can have a strong live-chat software and a helpdesk software that is easy to use. The team is very responsive and always pushing update. The platform is very stable and I never see major bugs in more than 2 years now.

CONS

At first it was the UI/UX of the live chat that was getting older but they nailed the updates on that. They pretty much have everything we need so it's hard to find weak spots on that one!

Milly

Logistics and Supply Chain, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Crisp Online Chat

Overall, using Crisp to support our customers has proven to be beneficial.

PROS

It's easy to use. Everything is well documented. It is reliable to be up.

CONS

I really liked to engage in an online meeting with the Crisp support team due to some lingering questions that couldn't be resolved through the available online resources. Unfortunately, it appears that such personalized online sessions come at an additional cost.

Savya

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2023

One of the best live chat tool for websites.

Crisp has made it so much easier to communicate with customers, and provide a much better way to handle them using the chat bot and chat triggers. It's also connects with different platforms like discord and messenger as well that has helped me communicate with customers in different ways. This tool is definitely one of the best live chat platform to use.

PROS

Crisp is very easy to setup and use in a website. I can send automated message to customers using chat bots, even when i'm offline. Crisp also integrates with other platforms like facebook and slack, allowing my team to converse with clients seamlessly.

CONS

The pricing is a bit costly, and having more visually customizable options would be great. It's also a bit tricky to setup the chat triggers, but we figured it out.

Thank you so much for your kind review, we'll make sure to improve our product following your feedback :)

Replied August 2023

Sayuj

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

The Perfect Live Chat Tool for Websites.

PROS

Crisp offers a great solution for customer management, with a simple and easy to use interface, seamless integrations between other several apps providing us more flexible options making it more convenient for customers to communicate with us as well.

CONS

It still is a bit tricky to set up the triggers, and it also would be great to have more customizable options for our live chat.

Hey there, Thank you very much for this nice review about our website chat widget. Regards, Antoine

Replied November 2023

501-1,000 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Crisp - Great Product

PROS

Been using Crisp for a few years and it has been excellent. Reliable, always new features released, and great support.

CONS

Nothing really. If there was a better integrated ticketing system that would be amazing.

Hey there, thank you very much for this great review about Crisp Customer Support platform Regards, Antoine

Replied November 2023

Colin

Reviewed March 2018

Easy, quick, powerful

PROS

I like Crisp because you can manage different conversation with a lot of operators. Notes, message editing, live assist, very customizable, quite cheap

CONS

The feature allowing you to see your interlocutor's screen is not that efficient, but useful I miss integration with freshdesk

Hello and that you for your review! Don't hesitate to to contact us about your issues with MagicBrowse so we can fix it

Replied March 2018

Philipp

Logistics and Supply Chain, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2021

Non-expensive solution for support teams

PROS

Quite inexpensive pricing options comparing to competition. Reactive support.

CONS

Limited integration options and customisation.

Reason for choosing Crisp

Mostly pricing and simplicity of implementation on the test phase of our project.

Reviewed October 2021

Don't bother with Email Inbox

PROS

The Live Chat is great. However the package is more than just Live Chat. It is about having a unified inbox to centrally manage incoming messages be it social media, support emails, etc.

CONS

The email inbox functionality is a total fail as it is unable to render rich content / HTML emails. They appear in plain-text and are unreadable. Even the: VIEW ORIGINAL EMAIL option does not fully work. The main reason to use Crisp is a unified inbox. With regards to receiving emails through their inbox, they recommend it is especially useful to forward support type emails. Well let me warn you, their email functionality is lacking! It is not possible to view rich-content emails i.e. no HTML emails. It displays in the inbox as text which is unreadable. Speaking to support they said the only option is to select the: VIEW ORIGINAL EMAIL link. However, even this does not work. Support simply states: "Just a heads up, that is how the message shows in some email providers. Our transcripts use latest email styling techniques, that may break rendering on older email clients, or those that are not up to latest standards." WELL let me tell you... the email I am referring to is ACTUALLY one of THEIR marketing emails that can't display. In addition to 99% of all other emails. And after I took it up with support again, the reply was they have too much on their plate: "Our dev has noted this already but we cannot change this right away as we are having too much on our plate." So do yourself a favour and don't bother with Crisp if you are hoping to use their unified inbox for email.

Reason for choosing Crisp

Supposedly a mature product. Unfortunately at this time with limited email functionality it still needs work.

Zouhair

Venture Capital & Private Equity, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2016

Really enjoy to have a chatbox with my face on it! Should have been there for a long time!

Took me 5 minutes to set up Crisp on Cedrus.ma. The dashboard that lets you talk with your prospects is one of the simplest I have ever used. I was using Zopim in the early days but Crisp is way more intuitive. I had a few discussions with their CEO last week about an issue they had with their iOS app. The team fixed it very quickly and now everything seems to perfectly work. In a nutshell, I recommend Crisp if you are looking for something simple.

PROS

Affordable price, great customization and simple integration to our existing website

CONS

Need more infos on the customers but i think it will come on next updates

Thank you Zouhair. Regarding your needs to access more information on your customers, you are perfectly right and it is coming in the next release :) Feel free to reach me at baptiste@crisp.im to get a preview access.

Replied October 2016

Nessim

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Great tool for CSM and HelpDesk

PROS

- Easy to use- Great customer service- Great value for money- Always new update- Great communication with the newsletter

CONS

- New great integrations (like Stripe) are expensive (50% of our monthly subscription)

Tatianna

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2019

There are other, better, company chat options.

I personally prefer Drift over most other chats. We used them before, but they got a bit pricey for us. We switched to using Crisp and Intercom, and let me just say, you get what you pay for. Intercome works way better than Crisp and has more functionality, but it's also more expensive than Crisp, so there's that. All in all, it works for the bare minimum of what we absolutely need it for which is real-time chat. Other than that, not impressed.

PROS

Crisp is one of the least expensive options, which is mostly the reason we use it now. It does well as an onsite quick chat for customers to ask questions then hop off.

CONS

This software is not the easiest to use. It's pretty simple overall, but the UI and explanations of what options it provides need some work. Triggers are not very intuitive or robust enough for more advanced chat strategy. Also, their reporting options are not good at all. It does not offer the ability to track much of anything except messages sent by each rep.

Berfin Tanya

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Using crisp is reaaly easy and helpful for live support

PROS

Desktop, app and email notifications are really good. User friendly app and website.

CONS

I have no bad comments about crisp app or website

Reviewed January 2019

Beautiful chat interface and innovative approach

PROS

Folks at Crisp are innovative for sure. If I am not wrong they were the first one who came out with peek feature wherein you can find out - in real time - what your users are typing. Since then I have seen them innovating a lot and their competitors simply copy them.

CONS

Nothing really. The best chat solution. Period.

benjamin