• Pros

• "It was great to be a user of certain websites and products that had the Drift AI at hand, It was able to answer any questions I had about the product, and also scheduled a demo of that product for me."

• "The tool is easy to use and allows us to quickly onboard our users. The chat workflows are intuitive, and I love how easy it is to build bots to streamline communications "

• "Drift is, so to say - sexy :) I love the look and feel much better compared to other website chat/bots solutions."

• Cons

• "The web app ( dashboard ) is too slow to load initially but the chat is super fast and reliable. I wish they had android sdk to initiate conversation within the application."

• "The iPhone app is not always as responsive as I'd like - better notifications would help - but on the whole, my experience with Drift so far has been overwhelmingly positive. "

• "Cost for the higher tier is a little too high. We settled for the lower tier and are happy with it so far. "

Browse Drift Reviews

Rob from Broadsign

Expensive but awesome

With two substantially different audiences being targeted by our business, and a general need to do a better job of quickly connecting with promising leads, we've been quite pleased so far with Drift. We've already had several great opportunities arise thanks to the tool, and still have a large number of new bots to roll out, plus refinements to make based on our learnings from using the tool. As a supplement to our other inbound marketing efforts, I foresee chat through Drift being a substantial asset for a long while to come.

Pros

With Drift, you can create customized chat experiences for users based on all sorts of criteria - the page they're on, the number of times they've visited, the channel they used to get to your site - and to target specific businesses with targeted messaging. Building the chat flows (Drift calls them "Playbooks") is generally quite easy, allowing you to quickly build out new bots once you get a hang of the platform. Drift also includes support chat built right into the product, meaning every time I get stuck, I'm able to reach out and get a hand from one of their product experts right away.

Cons

We haven't been using Drift for that long, and there have already been a number of instances where I or one of the other users in the company have attempted to do something that seems obvious, only to find out the tool doesn't allow us to do so. We're always told that a feature request has been submitted, but there's no way to know how long it will take before we get whatever little tweak we're looking for in order to provide a smoother, more pleasant chat experience on our site.

Reasons for Choosing Drift

Better features, better support, a better sales and onboarding experience

Response from Drift

Replied February 2020

Hi Rob, Thanks for taking the time to share all of this detail. It's really helpful. Our feature request process is something we're improving this quarter, I agree this has not been the best experience to date. Thanks again for sharing, and if we can be helpful to you with you 2020 plans, please let us know how we can support you! All the best - Julie Hogan, VP - Customer Experience

Dalton from Game Plan

Simple setup, solid results

Very satisfied with the manner in which we use it. I haven't spent much time exploring additional capabilities and advanced features, but I am eager to do so in the near future.

Pros

It was easy to setup, and easy to understand with limited knowledge of this type of product. The product will scale with you, meaning, if you are knowledgable about all features, then they are there for you. If you're just looking for a site lead service, it does that really well also, without being overwhelming.

Cons

The other features aren't explained well, and not sure where to look if I wanted them explained. The image that can be placed with the pop-up message is very limited in customization. For example, it cuts the top of the picture off and there's very limited functionality associated with editing it further.

Reasons for Switching to Drift

The switch was made by somebody other than me. From what I can understand, it was made because of cost and user experience.

Response from Drift

Replied June 2020

Hi Dalton, Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Your feedback on feature explanation is something we 100% agree with, and an area we are working on improving. Appreciate you calling it out. Please let us know how else we can be helpful to you. All the best - Julie Hogan, VP Customer Experience

Darien from Gateway Alliance Church

Drift is a high quality chat platform with a significant load time

Drift has a lot of great features, and although it can be confusing at first, it is well worth the effort. My only complaint (and the only reason I wouldn't use it at this time) would be the significant increase in load time on my websites, which caused me to look elsewhere for a better solution.

Pros

I inherited drift from my predecessor, and immediately found it to be a very powerful and useful platform. It offered simple chat solutions, sent follow-up emails to people who didn't see your chat automatically, and provided numerous other useful features. It had a simple chat window that caught people's attention and generated chats, all of which we found very useful for our needs

Cons

Drift has a couple key problems - one being the overly simplistic and confusing backend UI. For users, there were just so many options on the admin side of things, and using it, I immediately felt lost and confused. This likely would have been different if I'd been part of the team that set it up, but starting to use the platform required quite a learning curve to customize it to our needs. Perhaps more significantly, I used Drift for a period of time while updating my companies website - and upon switching to Wordpress and using Drift, I started to notice a significant increase in load time - with lighthouse & gtmetrix revealing a significant load time (I believe it was over 1.3 seconds of load time) caused by Drift's code. Needless to say, load time is key in website conversions, so I switched away from the platform pretty quick after that.

Response from Drift

Replied March 2021

Darien, Thanks very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. This feedback is really important to ensuring we can improve for our customers. I'd love the opportunity to introduce you to our produce team if you'd be open to chatting more. Feel free to contact me directly at jhogan@drift.com. All the best, Julie Hogan, VP - Customer Experience

Drift could be Intercom, but it isn't...

We decided to use Drift as means to provide support, but once we grow bigger than a single user, we'll have to move to a better platform.

Pros

We use Drift as an in-app messaging platform and it's decent at that. We considered using it for marketing automation, customer engagement and on-boarding, but it doesn't cut it.

Cons

Even as an in-app messaging platform for support, there's room for improvement. A few months ago, they removed the option to "close a conversation" (which is essentially used to close a "support ticket"). For whatever reason, they think that it should be more like Whatsapp with an endless list of conversations that you can "archive". Only conversations sometimes come back (not because of new messages), they are sorted wrong so you may miss conversations with new messages, and you don't always get real time notifications in the mobile app.

Reasons for Choosing Drift

Drift has a free single user option, while Intercom doesn't - but unfortunately, Drift doing the best job.

Response from Drift

Replied October 2020

Hi there, Thank you so much for taking the time to share this. I'm sorry we haven't delivered on what you expected from us. I'm more than happy to chat live and learn more about how we can make your experience better. Feel free to reach out at jhogan@drift.com. All the best, Julie Hogan, VP - Customer Experience

John from ADLANTIC LTD

Drift is the best 'customer chat' system on the market

Once again Drift have helped to define what companies should be using chat software for. Yes, it is for 'live chat', that much is obvious. But DRIFT define their tool as helping to deliver 'conversation marketing', and that for me really helps to define how companies should be using Chat software - to start and nurture a conversation that could lead to an ongoing relationship.

Pros

Love Drift. It is very easy to use but more importantly, it is very easy to love using. This is important in software adoption and Drift is one of the best examples I have seen of this in recent years. They've built an awesome product, which does everything you need it to - but the fact that it is fun to use DRIFT makes it an even more compelling product.

Cons

Hard to say. Probably the fact that although the core product is free (and you get lots of awesome features), you have to upgrade to the 'fullest licence' in order to get the 'uber cool' tools such as allowing the 'chat users' to book an appointment directly into the Calendar of the chosen agent.

Reasons for Choosing Drift

Drift isn't just a better product, it's actually a much more enjoyable experience. And there is a cache' that comes with DRIFT. You actually feel like you're delivering a better 'real-time chat experience' when using DRIFT, as you feel like your serving your prospects/customers while wearing your 'best clothes' (hopefully that analogy works : )

Reasons for Switching to Drift

Less expensive. Better software. Much better experience.

Response from Drift

Replied February 2021

Hi John, Wow! We're flattered! THANK YOU! Pls let us know how we can continue to support you, and tnx for being a customer! All the best, Julie Hogan, VP - Customer Experience

The best chat AI.

Using this for sales as well as support automation, and it's paid off well and works with our sites.

Pros

The driftbots and playbooks (how their AI, automation is done). We have used this to automate sales workflows and schedule meetings and save time.

Cons

I have no complaints that wouldn't be something out of my control - some of the rules I've set up in boys seem to be a bit too picky when leads respond with anything besides a picklist item.

Reasons for Choosing Drift

They had the best overall support and pre sale experience, and their bots seemed best.

Response from Drift

Replied September 2020

Hi there, Wow. Thank you so much, for all of this. We're thrilled to hear you're happy with your platform experience, as well as your experience with us both in pre sales and support . Please reach out if there's anything else we can do to help or support you. All the best, Julie Hogan, VP - Customer Experience

Amit from Yotpo

Powerful buy pricey

Honestly, it's the best software out there for that purpose. It's east to implement and start using, the results are coming fast and everything is measurable.

Pros

The ease of getting started and implementation

Cons

If you want to enjoy most of the features, you need big pockets because it's pricey

Reasons for Choosing Drift

The capabilities and the brands that are using Drift

Response from Drift

Replied October 2020

Amit, Thank you so much for sharing this, and I'm thrilled to know you've found Drift powerful, and easy to implement, and start using. Please let us know how else we can be helpful to you! All the best, Julie Hogan, VP - Customer Experience

kickstart conversation marketing

It has been great but i believe much more integrated approach is needed.

Pros

started using drift for our startup after moving away from HubSpot. It has been a great learning curve for us. Some aspects I love about drift is the lead tracking and bot performance. Also leveraging drift for email and phone converation as a CRM is a big plus. Also scheduling and calendar invites make is better than calendly

Cons

Would love if drift can be an email server as well so that we can skip email server costs. It does most of the things already just needs a sync from gmail. It is very expensive especially since you have to pay upfront for the startup plan

Reasons for Switching to Drift

drift does more than calendly and does it better

Good Conversational Marketing Tool

Whether it's worth paying for tool like this will depend on how engaged your audience is and how big your traffic volumes are. We felt that for us the tool was not worth the money. There are much cheaper alternatives on the market if you're just looking for customer support tools.

Pros

Lots of features that are likely to appear to enterprise B2B companies like lead routing, instant meetings booker, help centre article look up.

Cons

Had issues with bugs in various areas several times and had to contact support and wait till they were resolved. Not very straightforward how to configure the tool in the best way and debug playbooks. Documentation could be better.

Reasons for Switching to Drift

Drift feature set is more tailored to B2B marketing.

Response from Drift

Replied October 2020

Hi there, Thanks so much for sharing this with us, I'm sorry you had difficulty getting your issues resolved, and the documentation wasn't super helpful either. Appreciate you letting us know. If there's anything else you want to connect about feel free to reach out to me directly at jhogan@drift.com All the best, Julie Hogan, VP - Customer Experience

A Quality Product

I think it's a quality and powerful product.

Pros

Drift is designed to help people accomplish their business goals, especially B2B business goals, which is super helpful. Other chat companies are not as in tune with B2B needs which is what sets Drift apart. They have the right features and tools for the B2B marketer.

Cons

One setback is not being able to pull in custom cookie tracking data through the Drift form/bot. That tracking info is critical to business success.

n/a

Reasons for Switching to Drift

The ability to customize the bot interactions with site visitors and the sales team scheduling functionality.

Katie from Atlas Copco Compressors

Drift - Robust Chatbot That May Not Be Worth the Hassle

We have very complex products that require a great deal of one-on-one dealing with our salespeople. In other words - they're not simple products like a t-shirt, but are highly-engineered with extremely specific specs. With this in mind, we use our chatbot as a way to funnel people to get in touch with us based on what they need: service, parts, repair, equipment quotes. It works super well and has cut down on the frustration of not knowing where to go on the website. It provides them an immediate way to reach out.

Pros

Drift is a robust, clean platform that is relatively simple to work. The caveat to that is that you have to get the hang of it first! The previous chat builder was tough to work with - not very intuitive and lots of scrolling up and down, back and forth (think vertical, with everything jumbled together). They've just introduced a new version that is easier to work with, but still complex. When implemented on the website, it looks clean. You can also modify your icon, which is a fun and creative aspect. The "playbook" you build can also be as simple or complex as you want - due to the complex nature of our products, we use ours as more of a "reach out to us, we can help" chatbot. But you can go much, much further.

Cons

The main thing I dislike about Drift isn't actually the platform - it's the onboarding process. The onboarding process at Drift is a bit aggressive. The onboarding teams have a very set mindset in what will make Drift work for you - no matter what your business is, or how many times you let them know your business' unique needs. They are almost 100% focused on getting live chat involved, which at the start isn't always the best option. I'd recommend that they start listening more closely to their clients, rather than bopping them over the head with their "this will be best for you" mindset.

Ramon from Essence of Being

One of the most appealing, beautiful and expensive website chats on the market

- Providing a beautiful and direct contact option directly on my website - Direct targeting of specific customers groups with chat messages, emails and pop-ups -> Increasing the number of leads & sales

Pros

- The design of the chat widget is gorgeous. It works on any browser and every mobile phone, I've tried, like a charm. With other chat widgets, I had lots of issues that it hasn't been displayed always correctly. - Advanced bot and automation capabilities based on tags and other attributes - Live view of prospects on your website with direct contact via web chat functionality - Outbound marketing (sending sequences and tracking of emails) with their drift Gmail extension.

Cons

- Drift is quite expensive for what they offer. I'm one of the happy customers, which has gotten a startup license of the pro plan for a fraction of the normal price. Even with the pro plan, you have unnecessary restrictions like customization of the chat widget with CSS and using the smaller version. Most of the enterprise features as account-based marketing are great for any startup. Why isn't just the support by Drift and the quantity of usage restricted? Why do I have to see the restrictions within your account always and cannot just hide them if I cannot afford? Are they in need of that kind of marketing? - The calendar cannot be completely translated into the language of your choice and you can't use a custom domain. - Help center is branded with drift, even if your plan support branding free chat widget. - I've received lots of emails from Drift about their Hypergrowth Conference (at least 10 in the last few months), which is quite annoying, no matter how personal and funny they have been written. - I receive quite some emails regarding extensions of the core product like Drift Signature and Drift Help Center, but I've never gotten an update what has changed in the core product. After a while looking into the bot creation section, I've been flabbergasted that the whole design of the visual builder has changed, without me receiving any message about the advantages the new design and process brings with it.

Guru from GoSchedule

Best Realtime communication chat tool

We really had good opinion on drift and we're happy to serve our customers realtime with the help of drift chat widget and qualify the leads instantly.

Pros

We love the way how Drift chat helps our customers to get in touch instantly within our product. When customers get into issue or questions to be answered, they don't have to wait for email support, all the questions can be answered instantly within the chat. Additionally, it's easy for our teams to use mobile app to instantly attend customer chat from anywhere. We usually get lot of questions and leads from landing page and drift helped us to automate leads and push into our CRM systems. Integrating the chat widget within the application is also easy and simple.

Reasons for Choosing Drift

Drift was easy to configure and user interface is pretty good comparing other options. Interms or pricing, drift is quite cheaper and affordable.

Moseph from CloudTask

Drift Ninja

I've become a convert for Drift. I really dig how flexible the tool is. While the free version is very basic, there's so much you can do with it using its API. For mid-level customers, while it doesn't include full automation, the targeting is very robust. And the pro level, which I use, has all the bot automaton you could dream of.

Pros

There's a lot one could write here but having some experience with similar products, I can confidently say my favorite Drift feature is its data export capability. Drift's internal dashboard reporting is useful for day to day high-level metrics, but being able to export the data and dig through it to find meaningful metrics that drive decisions on messaging strategy has made Drift stand out among its competitors. The bot builder is unparalleled and their enterprise integrations are very robust.

Cons

I use the product just about every day, but I would my least favorite thing is their pricing structure. The pricing page on their site can be pretty confusing to someone comparison shopping.

Reasons for Choosing Drift

Drift's bot builder is much more advanced!

Response from Drift

Replied April 2020

Hi Moseph, Wow. Thank you, we are flattered. I'm thrilled to hear you're happy on all fronts, and it's giving you what you need. Please let us know how we can continue to support you! Thanks again! All the best- Julie Hogan, VP Customer Experience

Jaseem from WowMakers

Lead qualifications and book meetings - on autopilot!

Drift support, itself, is the best example of great customer service using their own solution. The support experience is always a delight.

Pros

I'm a very early Drift user and a conversational marketing advocate. After setting up Drift, with their lead qualification and book meetings feature, our sales team has a decent pipeline with high-quality leads.

Cons

Waiting for Drift chat embed on the website feature. That could help me start a conversation with a customer from any section of my website pages.

Reasons for Switching to Drift

Much better features that actually empower our sales team.

Best Live Chat Software On the Market

Drift is a great product that generates a lot of website leads for our business which more than pays for itself.

Pros

Drift is an amazing tool that helps you communicate directly and seamlessly with your website visitors. It tracks a lot of information about any given person on your site so you can understand who they are before you even have a conversation with them. It also makes it easy to schedule meetings which automatically flow to your calendar.

Cons

Sometimes Drift can be too automated and frustrate people on your website who are trying to obtain quick answers to questions and wish to speak to a human.

Reasons for Switching to Drift

Drift gave us a great price!

Jen from Touchplan

2 years strong

Very positive. The changing of hands in team members has been difficult, but the software is intuitive enough to be supportive independent of people at times.

Pros

The team and the development of the tool. The people are incredible. They are helpful, involved, and genuinely enthusiastic.

Cons

Being an early adopter, the best practices weren’t written well into our first few years and the software itself has gone through impressive, but drastic change.

Reasons for Choosing Drift

Price and ability to get in early

Craig from Curate

Reliable, yet Lacking

Overall Drift has been a good option for the money, but we are not 100% thrilled.

Pros

Software is reliable in that the system does not crash at all. They are consistently making updates, and branching in to more areas of communication outside of just chat. The support team is very nice and willing to help.

Cons

Reporting functionality is very lacking. Unable to see how long each conversation is taking for each of my agents to work through. Have had multiple complaints on lag in the chat service loading within our software. Have contacted support on this multiple times without resolution.

Price

LImitations on Chats

Mike from SalesRabbit

Prime tool for connecting with potential customers

Drift has a ton of features and customizations that make live chat a major sales generator for us. Drift is especially good at allowing you to fine-tune the rules for determining what chat messages get sent to whom.

Pros

Great web chat functionality, email automation, and it connects very well with the other sales tools we use.

Cons

It's a bit pricey compared to other tools but we definitely get good value from it. The app is buggier and support is not as good as I would like, which I feel is due to their fast growth recently.

Response from Drift

Replied February 2020

Hi Mike, Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We really appreciate it! I'm sorry you've run into some challenges with bugs + support. We are currently expanding our support team, if you have some specific feedback on your experience, please don't hesitate to drop me a note at jhogan@drift.com. Thanks again. All the best, Julie Hogan, VP - Customer Experience

Jennifer from Voxpopme

Industry: Market Research

Great alternative to forms

Pros

I love the conversational nature of our Drift bots. It allows us to incorporate our brand tone of voice into interactions with web visitors, and the ability to book meetings directly within the chat really speeds up the followup process.

Cons

It can be clunky at times to set up the playbooks, but once they're in place they're great. I've also seen a ton of incremental improvements happen throughout the time I've used it so I can see Drift is listening to customer feedback and continually evolving.

Response from Drift

Replied October 2020

Hi Jennifer, Thank you so much for sharing this feedback. I'm really happy to hear you say " I've used it so I can see Drift is listening to customer feedback and continually evolving." Please keep the feedback coming and let us know how else we can help you! All the best, Julie Hogan, VP - Customer Experience

Ezra from Eden Lifestyle

My leads increased

Overall, drift has ben able to get way for leads and conversions. This does create a huge impact in growing our organization alot more.

Pros

I like that i can access new conversations not only form my desktop but smartphones so i can communicate a much a possible with website visitors. And also the option for someone to put in the email and name without asking

Cons

I do not like that the free version is limited as it pertains to automated messages. I guess thats similar for other chat apps.

Reasons for Choosing Drift

i like the option of adding in a photo, name and the pop up message makes it look personal. So people reply as if it a real person that sent them the initial message drift automatically sends.

Aaron J from DesignWorks Group

Great way to add essential chat functionality to your website

Great way to provide value to visitors and be able to clearly communicate.

Pros

Drift is an easy way to bring chat to your site - especially when people are less and less willing to browse your site for answers and don't trust you'll ever respond to your "contact us" form. We've enjoyed using Drift and really like how seamlessly it integrates in with HubSpot.

Cons

The only complaint I have about drift is some of the functionality that's behind a paywall. I understand they need to make money, but some functionality that seems like a basic requirement to me is behind a paywall and eliminates itself from the conversation of some smaller businesses that don't always have someone able to answer immediately at all times. That being said, even Drift's paywall is easily justifiable for the benefit it provides.

Powerful Tool but needs care and feeding

We have booked meetings via Drift bot. We in marketing see the value for sure and will continue to use features and functionality as a part of our demand gen and ABM efforst.

Pros

I love the ability to set up multiple chat bots/playbooks based on use cases. The ability to engage with a target account real time is invaluable. So we're trying to keep it simple, yet also set up playbooks specific to our campaign objectives and quarterly themes but the up keep has proven to be challenging. The option to also use converstional pages is awesome and integrating those into ABM programs has been exciting.

Cons

A lot of up keep required in the tool to keep it up to date and effective. Also need to train and remind sales teams often to close conversations and manage their bots. Drafting the right copy that will capture attention and encourage engagement has been hard so constantly testing and updating copy to improve bot performance

Response from Drift

Replied February 2021

Thanks very much for sharing your experience. If interested, we have a program where we support the ongoing optimization of your playbooks. Happy to chat directly! - jhogan@drift.com All the best, Julie Hogan, VP - Customer Experience

Nick from xapiapps

A time consuming disappointment.

We asked very specific questions during the sales process (no trial available - this should have been a red flag) where the salesperson misrepresented the capabilities around integration, usability etc. There was plenty of 'sure it works just like that'. We would have identified this had a trial been available. Drift is expensive, has slick marketing, so I assumed it was good. I should have quit at this point, but had our developers work around the many issues and the 'ohh you need to pay 10x for that'. Support was very lackluster. Focused on upselling features already promised on the current plan. Our developers hated it (I should have listened)... Our salespeople did not like it, the bugs it Drift manifested in a form that made our salespeople look stupid to customers. They were actively creating workarounds to avoid using it. And here I am. Drift keep charging, and the support people 'can't find my cancellation request conversation' ironically, in Drift. So, let this be a warning for managers. Drift is really great at marketing, the halo effect is strong! But walk away and save time.

Pros

Drift is a chat tool with some rudimentary marketing automation. Drift's bot workflows are conceptually good. Email 'playbooks' are similar to a basic marketing automation platform.

Cons

I purchased Drift against the recommendation of our developers on the promise of its segment.io integration. Drift was buggy, did not work as described with segment.io and had numerous usability problems for end-users (customers).

Reasons for Choosing Drift

shiny marketing and hype.

Response from Drift

Replied April 2020

Hi Nick, Wow, we really let you down. I'm really sorry for all of the places along the way we didn't deliver on the experience you expected. Thanks for taking the time to detail this feedback and share it. If there is any interest, I'd love the opportunity to talk live (jhogan@drift.com) ... or simply feel free to email me directly if there's more you'd like to share with me. Thank you again, and a sincere sorry for the poor experience you had with us. All the best- Julie Hogan, VP Customer Experience

Julien from Box Strategies

Industry: Wholesale

Easy to use, but keep your chats organized/clean

My support team likes it! So far so good. We've been using Drift for 2 years now.

Pros

Drift is easy to use and pretty straightforward. Installing it on your website is super easy and they provide good support. The support team is very responsive. Couple things I like : - Send chat by email when the visitor closed the window/website - Notification settings - Chat window is simple but yet effective - Support team is friendly and responsive - Pricing (we started with the free version for a year) - Auto-responder

Cons

When you have high traffic websites like we do, it's absolutely crucial to keep your chat logs organized. Would have liked to have more flexibility on this end (different folders, important chats, etc.).

Priyanka from iZooto

Playbooks are WOW!

We got some kick-ass leads using Drift. Will keep using the tool forever.

Pros

I have been using Drift for more than 2 years and there is nothing I don't love about this product but I am here to talk about Playbooks today. It's amazing how you can set up custom messages to the web page visitors knowing their intent as per the content of this website. Great work!

Cons

None so far but while writing this review I realized that when I chat with my drift visitors while I type the Grammarly auto-correction does not work. It will show the error but it won't auto-correct.

Simple setup and hassle-free website chat solution

Pros

Easy to set up and inject directly into your homepage. Can set up routes and automated conversations (albeit this process can be streamlined/cleaned up a bit)

Cons

Software can get a little clunky - leading to significant amount of resources rendering and setting up the chat button/bubble upon website load.

Awesome chatbot for engaging with potential customers

Overall, drift allows a simple and personable way to interact with potential customers that visit our website.

Pros

Super personable way to prospect and direct website visitors to pages. Drift saves a lot of time for the sales team while also providing a great experience for customers and potential customers.

Cons

It may take a little bit of time to set up the chat bots if your site has multiple pages. However, the drift team is excellent in providing support through this.

Response from Drift

Replied February 2020

Thank you for this. I'm glad to hear you've found Drift personable and it's saving you time! Please let us know how we can be helpful to you this year! All the best- Julie Hogan, VP Customer Experience

Andrey from Kiddimoto Bulgaria

Industry: Sporting Goods

A modern way to connect with your customers

I still use Drift and will do further.

Pros

I implemented Drift in my website. The reason is not just I want to connect with my customers. but to show them that behind that e-commerce store there is a real person. Nowadays, people loves connecting by others by typing what they need or what questions they have. I use Drift app on my smartphone so I can answer fast to my customers.

Cons

My suggestion is to offer an option to choice louder or another sound notification when there is a user on the other side. Very often I can't hear that someone has just sent me a question. And then I miss the opportunity to answer.

A great product that wasn't afit for us

Great product that wasn't a fit for our buyers

Pros

Drift was very easy to use. The conversation-building tool was fun to use and change. It is very well done.

Cons

It didn't capture leads for us. I think our buyers hated the bot.

maturity

Senad from IT services

Connect with your website visitors - now :)

We were looking for easy to implement / easy to use website chat/interaction and after checking out several decided to try Drift. Implementation was really easy and the mobile app works as charm. As soon as someone interacts with Drift on the website, the message pops-up on the mobile device allowing us to reply in the real time. Would love to get more into Drift (paid options).

Pros

Cons

Although there is a free plan (that we actually use), paid functionalities could offer much much more (e.g. custom bots)... but!... Even the essential plan would be too much for our budget. So, all is good except the pricing :)

Response from Drift

Replied September 2020

Wow, thank you for the compliments, you're making us blush! Thrilled to hear we've been easy to use and you've had a good experience. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there are other ways to help you! All the best, Julie Hogan, VP - Customer Experience

Mackenzie from ThreatX

An Easy Way to Engage Website Visitors

Overall, we have been pleased with what Drift has enabled us to do. It makes our sales engineers more accessible to interested prospects and has been successful in moving contacts through our sales funnel. I would definitely recommend this service to smaller/mid-sized organizations who have the resources to monitor the chat inbox.

Pros

First and foremost, Drift was incredibly easy to setup and integrate into our existing website using just a small snippet of code. Once it was setup, Drift has successfully engaged with countless visitors to our website who may not have otherwise remained on our site or found what they were looking for. It's scheduling features are a great way to organize and rotate "on-call" teammates.

Cons

We were excited about testing the conversational bot feature that Drift has rolled out to supplement the standard chat window. We are somewhat disappointed with the current capabilities of that feature to personalize a landing page to our branding. As a result, users experience a somewhat jarring shift to a landing page that looks nothing like your own on a completely different URL.

gabby from OurPeople

Drift Review

I can see a huge impact on our team using Drift, with inbound and conversations.

Pros

Drift allows me to connect with prospects easily and quickly. The bot is helpful when we are away, but I can personal messages when need be.

Cons

The drift app does not have the same features it does on the desktop and the format can be unusual. Much prefer to use on a laptop.

Response from Drift

Replied February 2020

Hi Gabby, Wow 10/10 we're flattered! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Please let us know how we can be helpful to you this year. All the best, Julie Hogan, VP - Customer Experience

Dan from Asurint

This has been a great tool to improve website conversion.

We purchased Drift to help our website convert more visitors, we definitely saw an uptick in conversions even if you take into account the amount of form fills it enviably cannibalized.

Pros

Drift is easy to implement and a extremely powerful tool for increasing conversion on your website by directly engaging visitors.

Cons

If you're looking to engage your entire Salesforce in using this tool, it can be quite expensive to purchase the seats. Also, it's not all that flexible if you're not trying to use it in a relatively specific way.

Great way to engage with prospect on your site!

Drift has allowed us to interact with folks browsing our website and capture valuable lead data that we didn't have access to before Drift.

Pros

Drift is really great for qualifying and chatting with clients that are browsing your website. The ability to create bots that capture data and qualify a prospect our SDR team a lot of time and allows them to only spend time on folks that are really ready to have a conversation. Their meeting scheduler tool is also really great.

Cons

The backend admin panel can be a bit confusing at times. I'd also like them to work on their SalesForce integration more so custom fields can be captured in Drift and sent to SFDC.

Olivier from Goverlan

Not a good way to do business

Just an awful approach to customer service and the worse experience with a vendor after 15 years in IT. We have lost a couple of months because of them, and we are now going with another solution, which is 7x cheaper plus delivers most of the features, if not the fanciest ones.

Pros

The advanced features are interesting but they lack some of the basics

Cons

The main issue is not the software, but the way drift does business. I am taking the time to write this review because there should be consequences to a firm reputation when they are misleading people. 1. Drift refused any free trial and only accepted to provide a tech demo where we were told everything would be fine 2. After sign up, we got ZERO access to the implementation team, which service was included in the price, and support did not answer emails, refused to do anything but chat, could not provide any clear tech guidance. Really poor. 3. We were overcharged and had to send emails all over the organization to get that point resolved after weeks. I got other things to do. 4. During the implementation, it turned out that the critical feature we had been told was included (routing).... was only available if we agreed to pay 3x more than the cost we had been quoted. And Drift is expensive in the first place when compared to pretty much any other chat solution. 5. So after losing a month+ in the process, Drift accepted to cancel the subscription BUT still charged us and refused to refund the initial month 6. We are talking about small money here (1k or something), and Drift can keep the change if their team feels they need to.

Reasons for Choosing Drift

Good marketing... until we realized it was all empty promises.

Reasons for Switching to Drift

Wanted more advanced functionalities without breaking all our processes

Lana from General Dynamics Information Technology

Wonderful product with interesting features

From my point of view this product is absolutely complete that ensures all my working tasks going on in a steady way. Moreover, I can easily view the status if my agents through its magnificent properties and features to accommodate all the tasks in a required time period.

Pros

This useful tool has third party integrations that allow me to access data in a more useful way in order to get beneficial outcomes from it with less time spent. Another feature that is of my interest is the unique playbook feature of this amazing product that helps me to lessen the workload from my shoulders and enables me to have a concentration on all the important tasks.

Cons

By getting all the unique features and functionalities I can not think of anything offensive in it that could worsen my experience on it. I failed to find anything to complain about it.

Shortened our time to SQL

Pros

Ease of installation made this a no-brainer to try. We found that it helped us shorten our marketing cycle by getting prospects on the phone immediately rather than in the traditional way with forms. Now they can speak to a live representative and get their business much sooner. Drift changed the way we do business. They are introducing more and more integrations and making it a natural extension of most marketing teams.

Chris from GNGF

Easy (and free) way to add chat to your website!

Pros

The pros over at Drift get IT! They have provided a great chat tool that is super clean, easy to use, and it just works. I run an e-commerce website and there's no doubt that having Drift in place has boosted my sales. It is a great way to capture new email addresses as well, which I have used in follow up marketing sequences, thus resulting in additional sales. Can't say enough about this software, I really enjoy it.

Cons

Everything isn't free! But, I get it. The additional features are worth paying for, and I will be at that point on my site soon. Looking forward to it!

Tamás from FleetYou

You can fell in love with a SaaS product.

Pros

Drift is the world's first and only conversational marketing platform. You can talk to your best leads real time on your page and create super personalized messages to get in contact with them.

Cons

Its features mostly are created for the US market and some parts of the software can't be used in my Hungarian language. But honestly, I can't really mention anything bad. The team shifts monthly new features. They are super fast!

Cameron from Little Lions

I had high hopes but was disappointed by

Pros

Overall the concept of this platform is great and I had high hopes because of all the good reviews. The bot got more engagement than a just a basic chat box I had before that. Having the ability to use other popups etc was good too but pretty limited flexibility around the design of those.

Cons

I think some things may have changed since all the positive reviews regarding the software. I think this happens sometimes when companies go into growth mode. The support wasn't good, they tried but seemed too busy, often didn't take the time to read the detailed steps to reproduce I included in all my support tickets. Before anything was actioned we had to bounce a bunch of emails back and forth answering questions with info I already included in my original tickets which meant days past before we even started to get some actual help. Then often the problems were just bugs with their platform. There seemed to be quite a few things that just didn't work as described. Seems quite expensive compared to something like Intercom that has a much broader feature set. I'm a Solo founder though with a niche platform, so pricing won't be an issue if you are a bigger business I suppose. Also just a tip, they have a 30 day notice period and no trial so if you don't like it within the first month you'll still need to pay for a full two months of the software so make sure you budget for that. I didn't. My fault for not reading the terms. Even when they break the news to you that you'll be charged another amount for something you don't want to use. At least they still end their emails by saying "have a fantastic day" even when breaking bad news. I'll try!

Melanie from Pearl Lemon

So Much More Than a Simple Chatbot

We have made use of Drift to replace the standard static contact forms on a number of client sites in various, very different niches, including real estate, banking, recruiting and direct sales. The results have been very positive thus far. It is easier for live reps to follow up with leads, emails are not being missed or overlooked and the chatbots themselves add an interactive dimension that seems to be far more engaging for visitors

Pros

Drift is intuitive and adds value to almost any site. The application is currently running on several of my clients' sites (under my management) with great success. Case in point. A Realtor client began an interaction with a site visitor browsing for information on his market in general. Via Drift several conversations led to the sale of a home. No email contact form can match that!

Catherine from InfoWest

Great tool to help improve customer experience!

Improved customer experience and lead capture and nuturing tool.

Pros

Drift is easy to use, customize and integrate into our Slack channels. We have a paid subscription with lots of benefits that fit our budget.

Cons

Not all features in Drift are customizable but working with the Drift team has been a breeze. I once made a request to implement a specific setting and 3 weeks later it was set-up and ready for us to utilize. My only wish is that the alerts would be more timely. Sometimes there is an up to 10 min. delay. For now, we have been refreshing the page/app more consistently throughout the day.

Our new primary method of communication with prospects

Pros

Ease of setup makes Drift work well. I love the Slack integration and team member management on the back end. One of the best things about Drift is that it eliminates the need for forms and forces a quick turnaround on meeting prospects.

Cons

It's expensive for the more advanced service. It would be a great addition to our current workflow but can't justify the cost.

Ishan from iZooto

Makes customer interaction easy!!

I am enjoying drift as it helps my customers to directly drop in a chat whenever they have any queries, this has reduced the number of support calls I used to get before drift.

Pros

It's ability to post internal notes that only your team members can see. It really helps during troubleshooting.

Cons

The mobile app is a little confusing at times and it takes time in refreshing, it doesn't auto refresh and doesn't display the recent chats on it's own.

Easy chat set up right to your website

Great product. Free version is pretty limited, but gets the job done.

Pros

I found that drift has a very nice flow and design. It was very easy to set up, and I've seen a great increase in customer interaction from our website when i am able to engage them.

Cons

Paid tiers are expensive. It looks like you get some great features through their paid services, but compared to other companies, they seem very expensive

Great platform, pushy upsells

Pros

Cons

None with the software - they are the leader in the space for a reason! Their account executives are a bit pushy on upsells for additional features and functionality.

Capitalize each visitor of your website

It has helped us connect better with prospects and customers visiting our website.

Pros

Drift is an intelligent way to get the most out of every visitor on your website. This leads to more sales and insights passed to our Sales and Customer Success team.

Cons

Sometimes it thinks you are someone you are not. Most of the time everything works seamlessly though.

Ruth from Northcoders

Excellent

Excellent. Provides a clear route to help us channel website visitor questions.

Pros

Drift are more than just a chat bot company – they come across as thought leaders on conversation led marketing and video.

Cons

There's not much I don't like, but I find the level of customisation for targeting on web pages can be a little limited

Stephen from Self Employed

Conversational Marketing is a Great Tool

A really useful tool and a great way to interact with your customer base.

Pros

Conversational Marketing is a great tool because it allows you to interact with your customers automatically.

Cons

The tool is very useful there isn't much bad to say about it. The tool requires you to learn how to use it.

Response from Drift

Replied March 2020

Hi Stephen, Wow! 10/10 we are flattered! Thank you very much for sharing your feedback, please let us know how we can continue to help you this year in achieving your goals! All the best, Julie Hogan, VP - Customer Experience