All HelpCrunch Reviews

Leonardo

Awesome Value for the Money

PROS

If you deal with customers, you need a system in place. Emails are a way to lose customers, because the conversation get lost in the way. We had this problem before, and we started to look for a system that could help us with our communication with customers and a central dashboard for our articles. Helpcrunch helped us to solve this problem. We installed the widget in our site and started to deal with customers support in a centralized manner, and also helped us with lead generation. The app also provides a knowledge base that you can use to keep your customers in the loop, on how to use your app and solve small issues without the need to reach out to support. Helpcrunch also packs pro-active messages, that you can use to interact with people who visit your site. It's easy and pleasent to use. I highly recommend

CONS

I can't say something bother us, I like the app and is easy to use.

Appreciate your review, Leonardo. We're building HelpCrunch to help businesses like yours to solve the exact problems you described. Glad that you're able to centralize customer support and generate more leads for your business with the tool. All the best!

Reviewed September 2019

Good but app can be better

I like the chat and the history of the chat by user/contact. If the mobile app could show me the meta data when a chat comes in, that would be perfect.

PROS

I use HelpCrunch because i needed a more advanced chat solution. I use the chat to support my logged in users. I do not want to aks them name or company (meta data) as i have this info as they are logged in already. It was important the chat had a mobile (iOS) app, so i can give support on the road and as soon as possible. Looks nice and professional. I do not use a lot of the other functions, like the Knowledge Base.

CONS

I have asked support multiple times to improve the mobile app. As a chat comes in, i can only see the name and none of the meta data, which is very important to me. I don't understand why this is not in the app, as it is an important part of the help solution. The web application in the browser is a bit heavy. I could not (or very slow) load it on slow (hotel) internet connections. (working in Safari)

Reasons for switching to HelpCrunch

HelpCrunch looks much nicer (chat bubble etc)

Hey there! Thanks for all the feedback. Our support team received your request regarding user data in mobile apps. We've already added this to our backlog and we'll see how soon it will be implemented :) We'll also look into the slow app loading on low internet speed. Stay tuned! If you want to receive updates on those, just ping our team and we'll be sending you updates on periodic basis.

Replied September 2019

Justin

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2021

Good Live Chat and Knowledgebase Software with Affordable Pricing

Nice UI and easy to use interface. Easy setup. Affordable pricing.

PROS

Knowledge base accessible from Chat Widget. Auto messages. Bulk email. Mobile apps.

CONS

Mobile app notifications are late or sometimes did not appear.

Valentyna

Program Development, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Helpcrunch is a very efficient tool to deal with my customers

Assisting us to provide direct support to clients on site and simplifies FAQ articles creation.

PROS

Helpcrunch panel is very easy to use, and it is very easy to be integrated to any channel you need. Also, AI asssitant helps us responds to questions faster, it gave my customer service a great reputation! I can also generate legit FAQ articles from prompts, saving me tones of time!

CONS

It would be great to have even more AI features

Grant

Reviewed September 2020

Good chat client for customer support and feedback

We use HelpCrunch as our primary support tool (for potential customers with questions, for customers with questions, for feedback reports, etc). Installation and subscribing was easy using a WordPress plugin, and the interface is easy to understand, configure, and use if you're familiar with web interfaces like Google Apps, Intercom (to which HelpCrunch is very similar, and far less expensive). The mobile app allows us to respond immediately to customers without being tied to a desk. Being in the early stages (first year) of a software release, this allows us to get immediate feedback from our customers, and, possibly more importantly, from those who would be our customers except for some reason, so that we can make good decisions.

PROS

- Easy to install - Good basic chat functionality with the ability to scale - Inexpensive for chat, and, again, can scale in price as new features are added - Looks good (both the chat that faces the customer and the user interface for our support people) - Ability to capture customer's email address or not based on a schedule, so that we can allow customers rapid access without entering personal information during business hours, but require name/email after hours - Responsive customer support

CONS

- Occasional bugs, e.g. schedule not triggering at expected times - Lack of some basic functionality at lower pricing levels (e.g. if a customer chats, then goes offline, the software won't email the customer that there's a new message unless you're on a higher plan that costs twice as much)

Reason for choosing HelpCrunch

(We also considered a few other chat clients). We plan to use the chat largely for direct interaction and solving of issues, and HelpCrunch seemed best suited to that purpose - e.g. we could use the built-in knowledge base. Other chat clients were either targeted at lead generation or were just too expensive for a small team.

Reasons for switching to HelpCrunch

We'd used Intercom for a previous product, and when we tried to contact them for this product, they were very slow to respond, and considerably more expensive. Before they'd responded, we'd reviewed other options and installed HelpCrunch.

Thanks a lot, Grant!

Replied September 2020

Thomas

Reviewed January 2020

Excellent value-for-money Software for our SaaS business

While we were only looking for a chat solution, and had two bad experiences with competitors who had "automated solutions" where no-one was actually there to sort their bugs out. Helpcrunch, on the other hand was reactive from day 1. We were pretty quick to install it on our system (both website & SaaS). We programmed dozens of automated messages, also use it to push product news to our customers, and get quick feedback through the chat for our on-trial customers. Overall, I recommand Helpcrunch for Chat Messenging and E-mailing, though I have not tested all the options that are part of our package (such as the integrated Resource Center) I look forward for further developments of the solution in 2020 !

PROS

- Complete suite for emailing and chat - Simple enough, yet highly customizable - Very reactive customer support teams

CONS

- No Drip email marketing implemented (well, not yet as of 12/2019)

Reasons for switching to HelpCrunch

Customerly did not work properly, and there was no answer for 2 weeks to our questions.

Hey Thomas! Thanks a lot for all the comments. We're pumped you're with us. Would love for your to explore the Knowledge base (Resource Center) as well - it's really helpful if you want to automate your support and provide a self-service option for customers. If any questions, we're always there to assist you.

Replied January 2020

Bhushan

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Sales Acquisition and Retention With HelpCrunch

Initially, we tracked our user behaviour of users coming on to the page. With this we tried to figure out what time most of the user are active and online, this helped us to followup with the user effectively and also helped us to improve our conversion rates to 12%. Now, we are trying to send multiple follow up messages from the start with strong CTA's and have seen significant growth in sales.

PROS

Iam a noob developer and i have a responsibility of finding better customer relation management chat bot which improve my sales, i was on hunt for chatbots which is easy to use and customise, this is when i came across helpcrunch as i saw it gives me many integrations like mail and text where i get notified when an user has any concern. Along with this i also liked the customisation menu which is properly structured so that every entity can be changed with ease. As it also give 14 day free trial, this will altogether will get a customer and retain them effortlessly.

CONS

I liked pretty much everything, only thing i feel like can be improved is widget customisation along with the sizes and colours, this will make completely handful to the user.

Reason for choosing HelpCrunch

Main reason of choosing helpcrunch over intercom is pricing as helpcrunch gives same features like intercom for the best price and affordable.

Hi Bhushan! Thanks a lot for sharing your experience with HelpCrunch. Seeing those conversion, sales and retention metrics improve is what it's all about. As to the widget customization, we've looked at dozens of other live chat solution and couldn't find a more customizable chat widgets. On HelpCrunch you can change widget size, colors, and there are many other customization options to play with. Nevertheless, we're constantly adding new exciting tweaks and features to the live chat. Feel free to reach out to our team to share your suggestions. Cheers!

Replied September 2019

BJ

Newspapers, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Very good software that drives customer interaction

Very pleased. Nice people, good software and good value for money.

PROS

I love HelpCrunch. I have tried literally 50 programs out of the 200 or so that are out there. HelpCrunch was my choice after a long search, and I am so glad I did. The ease of use is extraordinary, and I am thrilled with the help I have received. I am a news editor so trying to actually launch a new software program is often hard as I found out doing free trials on other programs, but I was able to set up HelpCrunch in two hours one evening. It was a great use of time, because now I am finally seeing results when other software would draw crickets. So I would suggest HelpCrunch to anyone serious about communication.

CONS

I would like to see Facebook Messenger integration which I know will be coming soon, but I would like it now.

Reason for choosing HelpCrunch

I liked the integration of a help desk with the news.

Reasons for switching to HelpCrunch

I found it to be a little more difficult to use and very expensive.

Thanks so much for the detailed review, BJ! We're looking to improve our user onboarding soon so it takes even less time to completely set up your account. And yes, facebook messenger integration is coming soon. Stay tuned! Appreciate your business.

Peter

Photography, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2019

Excellent chat software for your Wordpress site!

PROS

Helpcrunch is very easy to setup and configure. They offer a very low cost (free) entry level so you can evaluate as long as you want. Helpcrunch has very low impact on the site performance, which is very important to me. Helpcrunch has an app on tablets and mobile phones which is extremely responsive. I hardly ever miss a chat because the app is so fast.

CONS

I can not think of anything I don’t like about the software. It is technically ok, and the developers are not harassing me with commercial mails like many other do. It is friendly software, made by friendly people.

Reason for choosing HelpCrunch

Because Helpcrunch was free for me. When they offered a lifelong fee I knew I could easily continue without paying a dime. However, Helpcrunch is so helpful to my site that I decided to pay for the one-off fee. They have deserved it!

Reasons for switching to HelpCrunch

I have only few visitors on my website, so having a solution with a relatively high subscription fee is not feasible for me.

Appreciate the kind words, Peter!

Petr

Reviewed July 2021

Itegrated cost effective solution very suitable for SMB

PROS

Great integrated solution suitable for SMB, easy to deploy and manage, no complicated ticketing system and features uselfull only for enterprices. Knowledge base and chat integrated in one solution. KB default design is modern and nice, not necessary to customize too much (compared to Freshdesk for example). Full KB/chat customization is included (Freshdesk will ask you additional up to 40 USD).

CONS

Support can be faster. In „rush days“ you may wait a few hours for response, but then you’ll get professional answers that help you solve your problem.

Reason for choosing HelpCrunch

Met all requested features. Affordable price. Best quality / price ratio.

Reasons for switching to HelpCrunch

HubSpot Knowledge base is available from Professional license, too expensive (>350 USD). Help Scout have issues with chat availabilty in SPA (need page refresh). Freshdesk and Freshchat are overcomplicated, for full KB customization you need to pay +40 USD (default KB design is ugly old style, full customization is necessary)

1 employee

Reviewed August 2019

The Bread and Butter for your digital support team.

PROS

UI, Design, UX and features. Helpcrunch delivers value by focusing on communication. Sure you can have all the other bells and whistles it provides but for the price and plan you subscribe to it will do the job effectively and efficiently.

CONS

More integrations would be great and there are some 'limitors' based on plan but its only ever an issue if you're an enterprise. For the average startup or small business, helpcrunch is awesome.

Better Design

Thank you for the review!

Carsten

Reviewed August 2019

The rising star of customer support software

I've done a research and found out HelpCrunch would be the best fit for us. Their pricing is absolute fair.

PROS

I love their UI and the support is amazing. All found bugs were fixed in a short time and I always got a response.

CONS

Still some features are missing, but these are on the roadmap. For instance I am waiting for custom domains and auto message for incoming messages to the shared inbox. But I really miss the possibility to switch between different accounts on web and mobile.

Costs ...

Thanks a lot, Carsten. Your feature requests are definitely in our backlog, we should start working on those soon!

Maryna

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2019

Great live chat and email marketing software

Our whole support team uses HelpCrunch to chat with visitors and customers. We've checked many alternatives before, and HelpCrunch ticked all the boxes for us in terms of features. The price was the lowest when we last checked, so I have no problem recommending it to others.

PROS

- Having all the features we need in one platform - The chat is great, both feature-wise and in terms of its looks. I've never seen a software that offers that many customization option before. - Emailing our existing users and checking reports - Tracking performance of our agents is super easy - Pretty low pricing - Great support team

CONS

We've faced some minor bugs during our time using the system, but those weren't really crucial to our performance and HelpCrunch team was pretty quick to address and fix bugs.

Thanks for a detailed review!

Replied February 2019

Puneet

Internet, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2019

Easy to Use.

We are trying to automate the email communication to be sent to our seller base based on actions they perform on our platform. Helpcrunch offers a great way to achieve our marketing as well as business goals.

PROS

The platform is easy to use and it's auto message functionality lets us connect custom data variables in our backend to theirs. And we are getting good email open rates so far.

CONS

We are expecting some features around: 1) Connecting a custom email domain. 2) Reports for auto messages.

Reasons for switching to HelpCrunch

Intercom is way too costly and works on the number of active users. We weren't able to reach out to all our seller base due to the subscription limitations as well as the costs attached.

Thanks for your review, Puneet! We're pumped you're seeing success with your marketing automation campaigns. We're definitely looking to add more features to our marketing software pretty soon which will help you in increasing your user engagement. Stay tuned!

Replied July 2019

Reviewed January 2020

Good alternative to Intercom

PROS

Feature packed and with good support, HelpCrunch is a great alternative to Intercom. It has chat, notifications, emails, and targeted data triggers which helps you improve both product and onboarding users.

CONS

It can get pricy too if you have a lot of users (operators) answering the chat.

Intercom is too expensive

Thank you very much for your review. I'll forward your thoughts on pricing to our product team for review. Of course there're some services that are somewhat cheaper than HelpCrunch and even free, however comparing to Intercom we're more than affordable :) It would be really great if you could share your thoughts on other services that provide the same functionality as HelpCrunch does while being cheaper. This will definitely help us.

Replied January 2020

Tyler

Sports, 2-10 employees

Best Intercom Alternative

I started out on the free trial and loved it. Ended up getting one of their deals and stopped for a little while because our company was going through some issues. As we got back up, I bought an LTD and am so happy to use them again!

PROS

They have every function you need and are constantly adding more features

CONS

I wish the widget had more features to customize the view. Such as the company logo

Thanks, Tyler! By the way, you can definitely put your company logo inside the chat widget. It's the first setting you will find in the widget customization options. In case of any questions, you can always reach out to our support team via chat.