• Pros

• "It's so powerful and easy to use! It was effortless to set up, and all our business users (who've never done customer support before), find it very easy to use, and the users love it too."

• "Super flexible and easy to use. Lots of add on and very customasible. Good experience for the clients as well. "

• "I liked the quality of the product and how easy it was to use"

• Cons

• "It can be hard to manage a ton of chats at once because there aren't a lot of ways to sort the chats and what not but overall I don't really have any complaints."

• "The pricing structure has gotten a little confusing over the years but can happen with a quickly innovating business"

• "The interface is a bit confusing to figure out when first starting out. Once you get the hang of it, it works great!!"

Browse Intercom Reviews

Liam from Pinnacle 21

Not Much Competition

Everything has been fantastic from the Customer Success-led implementation process to it being deployed to our users. Multiple compliments on the feasibility of use since purchasing.

Pros

From both the administrative and user perspective, the ease of use and just overall depth of what you can create with the product is very impressive. It allows a great amount of customer support to be automated and simplify it's delivery via articles and a knowledge base that'll continually grow. Although it's not the biggest feature, as a user, I love that it's focused on getting you an answer/resolution the quickest way possible given the same entry method. Type "adding users" in an application with Intercom support will quickly both deliver you articles that can potentially solve your problem or will also quickly deploy a CSM to you to answer it directly in case it was a bit more complex. Best part though is the feedback cycle, you're typing exactly what you want to know into the application and if no articles return: New Content Topic.

Cons

Theres really not much. I've run into situations where it was wrongly applied within other organizations and not properly resourced, giving a less than average experience. But that's not as much specific to Intercom themselves. Given they are the industry leader, it can come at a premium for a larger organizations.

Reasons for Choosing Intercom

The overall growth of the company and product over the past few years and the speed in which they've been able to push out updates and new features shows a lot of promise over their competitors. Honestly, the user experience that we had been encountering when coming upon sites and companies that were using Intercom was so positive that it was hard to not want to give that same experience to our users.

Peter from OhMD

Complete Package

We had the opportunity to start fresh with a new ticket system/knowledge base so were shopping around. We came across Intercom and never looked back. While it has those things it is so much more being a central place to manage all our client related communications. It is by far the application I use most day-to-day.

Pros

Using Intercom has been an amazing experience. It is well thought out, full featured and continues to improve all the time. It has become an essential tool to communicate with our leads/clients. What is great is we can reach them (and they reach us) wherever they are: our website, in our web app, our mobile apps, email, etc.

Cons

While it starts off cheap depending on the features you choose to use and your volume it can start to get expensive quick. I'm not saying the product still doesn't provide value (it absolutely does) just if I had to pick what I liked least I would say cost.

Reasons for Choosing Intercom

We didn't know it until we saw it but we could get so much more with Intercom than just a ticket system.

Response from Intercom

Replied December 2019

Hi Peter, We really appreciate you leaving us a review and are so happy to hear Intercom is an essential part of your customer communication. Thanks also for your feedback on pricing. We work really hard to align our pricing to the value you are seeing. Please get in touch if you would like to discuss your subscription options with us. Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Brent from Style Arcade

The best way to interact with users

Extremely well thought through product, with all the important stuff you need to rely on it to solve your CS needs.

Pros

Cons

The pricing adds up if you want your whole team using it. We'd love our engineers to be able to chime in with support conversations, but it's a bit too expensive to have everyone using it as a small business.

Response from Intercom

Replied June 2020

Thanks so much for leaving us this review Brent. It's great to hear that Intercom is solving your CS needs and that there's so much love for the tools internally AND externally! I've made sure to send your feedback about pricing on to the team here. We always aim to align this with the value you're seeing from the product, however I totally get wanting to add colleagues for collaboration purposes. Thanks again, Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Guy from Mindojo

Industry: Information Services

Horrendous company, be careful of getting locked in

Absolutely horrible in every possible way.

Pros

The UI allowing to construct auto-messages

Cons

They lure companies in to integrating intercom into the workflows and take advantage of the difficulty of later migrating to another product, in order to jack up the prices to ridiculous levels. We've had to complain multiple times each year for drastic overcharges (think 3x) and fight with them for months until they would process some refund (after numerous lies and diversion attempts by their reps). Unethical company, unethical staff, can't be trusted one bit as a business partner. Also be aware that they do not grandfather plans, and you are at their mercy, they can at any time give you a short notice before "updating" the pricing structure. The most recent "update" would have caused a ~5x in price, getting us to flee to another provider at a great internal cost.

Response from Intercom

Replied March 2020

Hi Guy - first off, I want to apologize for the difficulties you've had. Since Intercom started, we've focused entirely on the idea of strong customer relationships and I'm sorry that we let you down here. I hope I can clarify why these pricing changes are being made and provide some more context. We've recently changed our pricing model to a simpler one that we believe is better aligned with the value our customers get from the product. That meant an increase in price for some customers and a decrease for others. Getting pricing right at Intercom has admittedly always been really challenging for us, but we don't want you to feel this way. I'm sorry to see you go as a customer. If you'd like to speak to your account manager (or me directly) about what happened for your account specifically, we'd really love to chat. You can email me (phil at intercom dot com) if you're open to a conversation. Phil (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Great intuitive software

Using this to answer incoming customer inquiries, resolution not, faq, and more

Pros

Easily merges email and live chat on one platform. Integrates loads of other software too. Also has built in reporting and lots of features that come standard

Cons

Cannot merge tickets like other platforms do. Some reporting could use deeper drill downs and insights

Response from Intercom

Replied May 2020

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your Intercom experience. I'm glad we're helping you manage your multi-channel support. I've made sure to pass your feedback on ticketing and reporting on to the Product Team as I know we have a few plans in the workds that could address these. Thanks again, Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Jennie from Care2Rock

A Great Lead Capture

Makes customer communication and customer acquisition easier. I wish the chat flows were more advanced and customizable. There was definitely a learning curve with the chat flows. Also, I don't believe I can export contact information with my leads.

Pros

-Capturing emails and names -Integrating to Hubspot and other software for easy lead closure -Creating chat flows allows us to communicate to customers faster and saves us time

Cons

-Would like to combine actions on Intercom -Hubspot Integration is not perfect; would like to have specific field matching -Chat flow capabilities are limited

Reasons for Choosing Intercom

Intercom was recommended to us from other entrepreneurs.

Kyle from Ends of Invention (Pty) Ltd

Adds Much More Value Than You Realise

While the price tag for Intercom is not small, especially for startups launching their first mobile app versions, it has consistently proven to be one of the most valuable assets for teams in terms of user support, communication & out-of-the-box development readiness.

Pros

The in-app chat feature (with its cross-platform support for React Native and Ionic) is absolutely the biggest differentiator for Intercom. It is a critical part of our day-to-day operations & every client that has gone the route of implementing it with us has been hugely surprised by the large amount of value it adds to end users.

Cons

We are facing ongoing complications differentiating identified and unidentified users. The experimental API available for Android seemed to be heading in the right direction to solve this, but we haven't seen updates on the stub implementation for iOS in over a year (https://github.com/intercom/intercom-ios/blob/master/Intercom.framework/Headers/Intercom%2BExperimental.h).

Reasons for Choosing Intercom

The depth of features, native mobile experience for users, easy to implement push notifications & powerful management console trumped our experiences with the others available & unified several different but related requirements.

Tito from Graphic Design

The best option for LIVE CHAT and Support

Pros

Intercom is the lease in the industry and that’s because is the best in Livechat and support software. I’ve tried a lot of services before, cheap and expensive and I can say intercom worth every penny and it’s the option that has given to me the best results.

Cons

Nothing found until now. It’s really complete and well done solution.

Reasons for Choosing Intercom

After the trial I discover no other solution can be even compared to Intercom, it’s the complete solution and the best Choice ever for me.

Response from Intercom

Replied January 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review Tito. It's great to hear that Intercom is helping you drive results for your business. Thanks again, Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Peter from GenieBelt

Industry leader in category of customer communication

Intercom has grown to become an (almost) 1-stop-shop for all things customer communication related. Both sales, customer support, product etc. can benefit from directly using Intercom to communicate with your applications customers.

Pros

A powerful platform that allows to view your customers session and meta data, instantly send targeted messages and set up email/in-app messaging campaigns, create help desk articles for self-service, automate workflows with bots and rules, onboard your application

Cons

The increase of features and modules have brought the complexity of the software up. It's easy to get up and running (require 1 line of code), but the road to fully adopting the suite of tools is long.

Response from Intercom

Replied December 2019

A huge thank you for taking the time to leave this review Peter. I'm extremely happy to hear that you are seeing the benefits of using Intercom for your customer communication. Thanks also for letting us know about your setup feedback. Even as our solutions evolve and become more powerful we aim to keep setup as straightforward as possible. Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Johann from Veriff

The review

You might get lost when diving into these complex feature on your own, but the customer support is there to hold your hand, so don't worry you are supported all way along

Pros

The chatbot is a world class. Highly customizable to make sure that you can let the bot handle up to 50% of conversations. Product tours are also the best I have seen

Cons

The inbox is quite poor to use for email conversations only. The articles lack for customization options, too.

Reasons for Choosing Intercom

Intercom had way better user interface and more convenient chatbot and product tours

Nathaniel from Fons

The really bridge the gap between customers and our service

Their customer success team is great, even on the days when I'm not the most gracious customer. I even try to emulate some of their practices because I feel heard as a customer when I suggest features or report what I think could be bugs in the system.

Pros

The ability to converse with our customers quickly and seamlessly between email and the messenger app is great. They've thought through this feature set very well and it brings us very close to our customers and we are able to convert leads very well through this service too. Other similar apps function the same, but their UI/UX is lacking compared to Intercom. The actual feel of the app is clean and friendly and dare I say...even fun to use. Customer success at Intercom is also excellent, they've got our backs and I appreciate it (although getting paired with someone in a vastly different time zone can hold up ticket times on our end).

Cons

There are some gaps in the help center and email features. It would be ideal to create/edit documents in a manner closer to Microsoft Word or Google doc, as those are the standard for editing documents these days. Little things like not being able to create a list inside of a document the way I would in other apps can be frustrating, but there is usually a workaround of some sort that will suffice (I'm just picky). It would also be nice to only be paired with their team members in our time zone. Working in the US and then being helped by a team member from Australia means our ticket times take much longer and conversation is hard to do in real time.

Reasons for Choosing Intercom

We use this Intercom for our help center, to convert leads, and to help our customers. There are many more features/integrations we don't use but that would be useful in the future as we scale.

Lots of Features but Frustrating When Messages Get Lost

Our team used intercom to support a large team of contractors that would frequently visit our website and work with us on a regular basis. We frequently use the "segment" feature to learn more about our population and to send out messages to certain segments. We also used a variety of integrations. For example, we used upscope.io so that we could immediately screenshare with any user who was on our website if they sent us a message on intercom that they needed help. The user would get a popup asing if they want to let the administrator view their screen and they just need to click "ok." That's it. It's that easy. Upscope.io integrates directly with intercom. You can also add Google Calendar to intercom so that intercom users can schedule a call with a teammate directly.

Pros

Intercom allows for various quasi-queries, integrations, and outound messasges to your users. This is very helpful and is not available in all of the other customer support platforms that I have used. You can find out information about your customer population. You can send messages to only CERTAIN "segments" of your customer population. You can also integrate with a WIDE variety of other softwares to really up your customer support game.

Cons

Intercom does not show all of the user messages together unless you open their profile OR they send their message as a response. So, for example, if a customer sends you a message, then 10 minutes later they create a new chat and send a new message, those messages are not linked togather unless you open their profile. I have had the experience of different agents answering the two messages or of answering one message only to see that the same user had sent a correction to their message. This is very frustrating. It can also be difficult for users to locate the knowledge base which leads to more inbound messages. Intercom is trying to solve this by bot responses, but this is something you may have to pay for.

David from Codeable

Intercom is The Best chat/support tool available

The business problems we are solving using Intercom are managing incoming requests and sending in-app messages and emails. And Intercom does this with flying colors. Regardless if a user messages us live on our site, via email, or even Facebook, our support team is easily able to reply and help. It also integrates perfectly with our app to provide full visibility of a user easily accessing their profile to gain deeper insights to assist the user even more effectively. There's a reason Intercom is growing so quickly; because it's a great product and is built with quality.

Pros

What I like most about Intercom is how easy it is to jump in and begin assisting users with their questions and requests. It's been an invaluable tool for communicating with our users (both clients and developers) on Codeable and we've been relying on it 365 days a year for 5+ years straight. There are so many new features they keep releasing which are often things we didn't realize we need until we tried them and discovered we can't live with them.

Cons

For the size of our support team and number of messages we send, Intercom is one of the more expensive SaaS products we use. There are other services that may manage a support center better, but those don't provide the same quality of live chat, self-serving help center, or messenger bots that Intercom provides. While cost is a consideration for all companies, we feel Intercom is still the best value for the money and are happy paying the price for all the value it brings us.

Response from Intercom

Replied November 2019

A big thank you from the team here at Intercom for your kind words David!

Blake from Adventure Bucket List

Very helpful support and customer onboarding tool

Overall they have been awesome on support and the tool is incredibly helpful. I will continue to use them for years to come.

Pros

I love how we could integrate chat directly into our application for our customers. The help center is very nice for our customers and the reports really help us understand how our team is doing.

Cons

Some of the functionality is a little difficult to setup especially around the tracking of specific features utilized on our platform. I also can get a little frustrated with the routing of messages, it can override the rules you put in place.

Response from Intercom

Replied February 2020

Hi Blake, Thanks for sharing your Intercom experience, I'm so happy to hear you'll be with us for years to come! I'll be passing your feedback about tracking and message routing on to our product team. If you'd like to add any further detail or context do get in touch via the Messenger :) Thanks again, Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Small SAS Use

Our main use for intercom is tier 1 chat support. Our users know that this is the fastest way to get ahold of us. In lieu of using a chatbot we've gone in and created a bunch of quick responses that we can go in and edit. This has cut down on the amount of time we spend chatting with a customer and it allows us to control the message that we are sending out across the board. We've also used campaigns to let our users know of new product releases and have sent out Net Promoter Score Survey's out in a campaign. I'd like to note that we do not use Intercom as a CRM for leads on enterprise accounts.

Pros

Intercom is really easy to set up and importing users into the software is really simple. It's nice to be able to create an online library of help articles and have it available for our users to find. The chat feature is what we use most and our users definitely enjoy how easy it is to reach out to us.

Cons

Our customers have a difficult time closing out of conversations or seeing actions on our screen that need to be taken on the right hand of the screen. The chat box will often times cause them to become more frustrated as they need to open and close the chat as we give instructions. The close button is in a circle under the chat, which is a spot that most people don't usually look for. There are a few customizable things that we'd like to see. Like the ability to create custom out of office messages or include holiday messages to let our users know we're either out of office or responding slowly.

Oliver from GloriaFood

All our support team is using it

Pros

Ease of use is really great. We have hundrets of conversations with our clients every day using this tool.

Cons

Their pricing. Not only is it expensive, they have changed their pricing plan about 4x in 2 years. Furthermore it's very complex to understand.

Sylvina from Recruitly.io

Fast and easy

Pros

We used the chat system for our support team and Intercom made is super easy to get going. The chats were like personalized messages and we could set up introductory or absence messages for a duration set up. Automation is great.

Cons

No reporting at all. They have reports within the system which is not editable and if you want to download and run your own reports, it is not possible. Makes it difficult to audit.

Fernando from SharpSpring Brasil

Best software for proving support

Coundn't be better. Today I cannot imagine our daily support activies without this software.

Pros

Its hard to say what I like the most, since are so many great features. Still, I believe the Inbox module is by far the great thing about it, since it allows a direct communication with clients.

Cons

A couple of months ago articles sharing was changed on the inbox feature. Now, when you share an article via conversation the client cannot open it on a separate page. This is terrible for most clients, a source of great complain.

Response from Intercom

Replied January 2020

Hi Fernando, Thank you for leaving us this review. It sounds like you're getting real value from the platform, especially the team inbox! Make sure to keep an eye on our Intercom Academy page as we'll be releasing a new course designed specifically for Support Managers in the coming months which I think you might like. I'll also make sure to pass your feedback regarding Article sharing to the appropriate product team. Thanks again, Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Alexis from VerticalChange

Easy-to-use tool with great features to make supporting customers a breeze!

We have been able to resolve customer questions in a much quicker time simply because we can access help articles quicker, get other team members in on the conversation more easily, and use integrations like co-browsing and attaching help articles to resolve a problem more quickly. Overall, Intercom has been a great experience compared to our past customer support apps and we are happy to be using this to improve our customer's experience in our app.

Pros

It is great to have the ability to do so many things within one app: chat with our customers, write help articles, link help articles to our customers, send out messages to groups of people, easily find previous conversations, and create reports to monitor our progress. Intercom has really made our support workflow simple and much less confusing than other software tools we have used. They also integrate with a number of different tools (GitHub, ZenDesk, Upscope co-browsing, etc.) so anything that Intercom can't directly do, we can find a way to do through an integration.

Cons

The Customer Support response times from Intercom are a bit long, but the team is always helpful and resolves any questions we have. I also wish the Articles were a little more built out - they just have some simple feature there, and it would be nice to have a more robust help center with the flexibility to format our articles the way we want and organize the collections differently.

Scott from Generation Tux

Intercom Is (mostly) Great!

We use Intercom daily to help diagnose and solve a multitude of customer issues. As an admin, I have the ability to monitor chats, provide internal notes within the chat in real time for trainees, and make sure everyone is offline at the end of the day. There are a few flaws and Intercom WILL send you far too many emails, but overall this is a great chat tool for any customer service business.

Pros

Using Intercom as our ECOM site's chat service has been very helpful! On the customer service team, we are immediately given the contact information needed to properly help a customer. Using Intercom alongside Zendesk has also been a huge improvement over our old chat/ticketing software as they work very well together. Our team also utilizes custom and team macro responses to give fast, accurate answers and assistance. Also, giphy integration!

Cons

The default setting on Intercom has keyboard shortcuts turned on. It seems like most of them immediately close the chat. This can be easily solved by turning them off, but it is not made obvious on how to do so. Once they're off, it's smooth sailing! We have two customer service teams, and we often have agents going back and forth between the two. We use Intercom for both. The other downside is that it is impossible to be available on one and away/reassign on the other. You can keep it open in two tabs, but that's more of a workaround than a solution.

Pricey but well worth it after you grow

I am mostly satisfied with Intercom. But the price can escalate quickly if you want to add more agents and features.

Pros

Everything, period. Intercom is the leading company in the chat/support area. They are always innovating and keep bringing products that actually are useful. The competition just mimics their innovations while offering lower prices.

Cons

The price. It could be a bit pricey if you are just starting out but after your company has a solid foundation it is a treat to use. And they have take care of this with their Early Stage start-up program. Everything for just $45 USD for the first year!

Response from Intercom

Replied February 2020

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this review. I'm delighted to hear our early stage plan worked out so well for you. And don't worry, there's plenty more innovation yet to come!

Thomas from Airtame

Industry: Wireless

I'm so glad we switched to Intercom!

It is a tool that was built by its users, meaning the people who build it also use it. I can begin to describe how important this is. They have not limited themselves to what others are doing and have rethought the entire process f customer support to build what everyone wanted. A useful, effective tool which makes customer support fun to do as a job as well as receive. We often get asked by our customers what support tool we use. We love intercom!!

Pros

It's a tool that gives you what you need and it does it well. They are ahead of the game in all ways. It makes customer success seamless and proactive. It's a multi-tool. It's changed the way people perceive customer support because it makes it fast, effective and fun. They write their own books (Awesome!) and they host seminars to help use the tools better.

Cons

They take a while to release new features, this is no surprise as companies will need different things. It does not have a merging tool to link conversations to the person already in the system. Sometimes you get duplicate leads/users. They can take a while to respond to support inquiries. They changed their pricing structure which, when it was priced per lead and not per agent, made intercom stand out

A good, cost effective platform to interact with customers

We use Intercom in conjunction with Crisp Chat, and while Intercom is an 8 out of 10 (vs. Crisp's 5 out of 10 score), there are still some aspects left to be desired. Their knowledge base functionality is great, and the look and feel of it can be customized to best help customers. Chats can be displayed on our website in three main forms, which is helpful to be able to market/inform customers in fun new ways to keep them interested. It's a good, and useful software, but it's not as robust as Drift. All in all, a good product that we are "happy" with, but not 100% satisfied with since some business functions are impacted by certain limitations.

Pros

The ability to send email campaigns, set up notification/chat campaigns and live chat with customers.

Cons

The one MAJOR negative aspect to this product is that once someone qualifies for a campaign, even if the campaign is deactivated, the person will continue to get the contents of the campaign until it is finished, or the campaign is deleted. *Note, if the campaign is deleted, all reporting and data tied to it will be deleted as well.

Carlos from Studypool

A very simplistic tool to connect with your users.

Overall, my experience with Intercom has been great. It's very easy to set up and get it running on your site and it's very user-friendly from your customers/leads side. There are a lot of improvements that can be made but their support team is very approachable and helpful.

Pros

- The interface is very straightforward, You get messages from users and you reply. - It allows you to snooze messages so you can focus on messages that are your priority. -There are a lot of customizable options so you can make Intercom more like your company and less like Intercom.

Cons

-While metrics are simple and easy to follow, there should be more in-depth information like real response time. They use a "median response time" metric which to be honest is very confusing. -There should be a limit on how many conversations a user can open. If a user wants, they can open unlimited conversations which can be a pain for your support team. -There should be an option to delete messages in bulk.

Response from Intercom

Replied August 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review Carlos. It's much appreciated. Just wanted to double-check - it's the ability to close conversations in bulk that you would require. Or do you mean delete conversations to they don't show up in your metrics?

Charlotte from E-Learning

Intercom is everything you need for customer support

Pros

I love intercom, I think its fab it works as a CRM, customer support centre, integrates with our payment gateways keeping refunds and payment queries in one place. I'm very impressed they've launched product tours think that its going to be a huge feature for them.

Cons

I would like intercom to do more in terms of partnerships and working with companies to grow. I recommend intercom to all of our enterprise clients some with 10,000+ users but there is no referral incentive scheme. I have enquired about this a few times and applied for the partnership program but I haven't had a response

Susan from MLOZ IT

Intеrсоm fоr а rеlіаblе соnnесtіоn bеtwееn thе sеllеr аnd thе сustоmеr

Pros

Wе must sау thаt Intеrсоm саn rеаllу bоаst оf thеіr mеаns fоr соmmunісаtіng wіth vіsіtоrs: thеу аrе vаrіеd аnd еquаllу sресіаlіzеd аnd еаsу аt thе sаmе tіmе. In аddіtіоn tо thеsе mеаns, Intеrсоm рrоvіdеs us wіth tооls fоr аnаlуzіng сustоmеr іntеrасtіоn wіth а wеbsіtе оr а sеrvісе. Fоr еxаmрlе, wе саn usе thіs dаtа tо sеgmеnt thе dаtаbаsе оf е-mаіl subsсrіbеrs. Brоаdlу sреаkіng, Intеrсоm fосusеs оn suсh аn аsресt аs реrsоnаlіzіng thе соmmunісаtіоn bеtwееn thе sеllеr аnd thе сustоmеr. Wе lіkе thаt thіs sеrvісе sаvеs thе mеssаgе hіstоrу wіth аnу сustоmеr, аnd duе tо thіs, іt іs еаsу tо соntіnuе thе соnvеrsаtіоn frоm thе mоmеnt whеrе іt stорреd аt thе рrеvіоus соmmunісаtіоn sеssіоn.

Cons

Tо bе hоnеst, іt іs а humаn nаturе tо gеt mоrе thаn thеу асhіеvе. And wе thіnk Intеrсоm іs suсh а саsе. Wе mеаn thаt еvеn thоugh Intеrсоm’s funсtіоnіng іs bеуоnd thе рrаіsеs, thеrе іs а fееlіng tо gеt mоrе аnd mоrе аdvаnсеd funсtіоnаlіtу bесаusе thе сurrеnt оnе dоеsn’t sееm tо bе thе оnlу lіmіt fоr thе vеndоr, nаmеlу thеіr skу оf орроrtunіtіеs. Fоr іnstаnсе, wе wоuld lіkе tо hаvе bеttеr іntеgrаtіоn сараbіlіtіеs. Bеsіdеs, іt wоuld bе bеttеr tо hаvе mоrе suрроrt аnd іmрrоvеmеnts bеіng mаdе uроn thе sеrvісе’s mаrkеtіng funсtіоns.

Andre from Carrotly,LLC

Great tool for conversations - not for tracking

Overall, this platform would be amazing if the stats were figured out. Right now, it's a solid 8 even without tracking features. It's a keeper, but not once the team reaches over 100 and you really need to track solid numbers.

Pros

This software is easy to use and navigate. The support has been quick to respond and very helpful. They utilize all the tools and resources available to you and really embrace their own technology. Intercom has helped to create more of a conversational-based outlook for our success team.

Cons

This software's statistic-tracking is severely lacking. I'd give this a 0 for any crucial numbers you are looking for, time to resolution (you can't track ongoing conversations), tags are conversation based and pull the entire thread, not the moment the tag happened, and countless others. You will spend more time compiling your stats if you use Intercom's system and need to track valid numbers.

Response from Intercom

Replied December 2018

Andre, appreciate your review and feedback! We're continuing to invest in our reporting and have a dedicated eng team focused on improving this so will pass along your feedback and you should see improvements start to ship in the coming months!

Sean from Buxton

Intercom Review

This experience has been very positive. The value we gain by using intercom helps us as a team to stay organized and on top of everything as we are a highly collaborative office. Not sure what all is in the pipeline for development. I've made a few request and not sure where those stand or really even where to go review those. I understand with ongoing development it's hard to give dates but some type of "under review" or "denied" status would be helpful.

Pros

This software is easy to use and the customer support is very friendly and will help walk through how to solve for an issue end to end - even if there is no developed solution, which can be difficult. I really like the "note" functionality.

Cons

Images in emails sometimes (and often) all turn into attachments. It becomes a pain to click through every image when a customer of ours sends in a screenshot when they have thumbnails in their email signature. It would be great if pictures came through a bit more naturally as it would via email. I've also sent in a bit of feedback here and there on how to improve reporting capabilities. It would be nice if adding people to conversations worked a bit better for our need being able to tie in our account team (they are not "agents") would be helpful rather than typing their whole email. Reporting on our reply time within our office hours would be huge as well (i.e. if we get a message at 5:01 and we leave on a Friday it won't knock us the entire weekend).

Lucy from TimeTap Online Scheduling

Just awesome

Intercom sets a new standard for software. Our team relies on it heavily for communication with our userbase and for note taking on issues. It's got really useful integrations to link to other efficiency tools for software teams as well. The team behind it is really helpful and answers support questions quickly and thoroughly. They also practice a lot of transparency so it is a company that feels good to work with and support. They're rolling out improvements constantly and keep their userbase informed about them. They also use the tool themselves and its nice to work with a company that "eats their own dog food", as the saying goes. The one thing that is confusing about their platform is the differentiation between their different product lines. We've been with them for years and maybe it is clearer for new accounts what they're using, but for us we often scratch our heads over whether or not we've got access to something. Other than that, amazing product for communicating with new and old users alike! Couldn't recommend more highly.

Pros

Great support team, constant improvements, easy communication with users and tracking over time, nice segmentation of customer base, great integrations for software teams

Cons

Hard to understand the differentiation between their product lines

Chris from OnTimeTelecom

Great for Our Company

Coming from our previous chat software, this one is 1000% better. You can view reports of different employees and their ratings from customers they interact with, you can send emails from within Intercom, and I am sure there are many more options that I am not even aware of yet. Overall, a great product.

Pros

I love the main chat interface, and how it keeps everything clean, neat and organized. You can snooze chats for later, and create preset replies, which save a TON of time, when answering the same types of questions.

Cons

For some customers, if they are on a different page than the one they were on before, when chatting, Intercom sometimes makes another, new chat. In rare instances, I will have 4 or 5 chats from the same person. I don't know why this is, though it could be how it simply interacts with our website, specifically. Also, the chat sound will sometimes beep randomly, where there isn't a chat there to attend. Minor annoyances, in the grand scheme of things.

Response from Intercom

Replied December 2019

Thanks a lot for leaving us this review Chris. It's great to hear that Intercom is having such a great impact for you! The multiple chat issue you're seeing sounds strange to me so I would advise you get in touch with our Support team to see if they can help :) Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

An Excellent Support Platform

Great product, excellent customer support. Not many

Pros

Enjoy the integration with Help Articles, the ability to send targeted campaigns based on app engagement. Love that they offer special pricing for Startups. Lots of room to grow into the Intercom platform.

Cons

Their pricing model does not fit all business models well and can be difficult to understand. It can get costly quickly depending on how many products you choose and your business model.

Reasons for Choosing Intercom

Excellent ability to integrate Intercom into our own platform through their JavaScript API to trigger engagement and tracking events. This lets us customize our onboarding experience.

Response from Intercom

Replied April 2020

Thank you for taking the time to review Intercom. I'm so happy to hear you found our Early Stage Program so helpful :) We always try to align our pricing with the value customers are seeing from our product so I've made sure to pass your feedback on to our team here. Thanks again, Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Josh from Digitile

Amazing Customer Support and Sales Tool

We absolutely love intercom and our business is married to it.

Pros

We absolutely love Intercom! Our entire business runs through intercom, from customer support to converting leads. We house all of our funnel related customer data in Intercom to provide an amazing customer experience.

Cons

There is not much bad to say. I would like for Intercom to improve the outbound communication campaign feature set to be more like email marketing automation tools.

Response from Intercom

Replied April 2020

Thanks you for your wonderful review Josh! I'm so happy to hear your business is seeing such success with Intercom. And if you keep an eye on the 'what's new' section in the Intercom app you might just see something that will interest you very soon ;) Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Joshua from Inspection Support Network

Great software!

Amazing. Felt like there were some scaling issues for a little bit, but overall our experience has been rock solid.

Pros

Intercom is super fast to set up and integrate. We rolled it out on 2 custom platforms and a wordpress site without issue. Their support team is amazing and responsive to user feedback. (I use their conversations with me as an example to our support team sometimes) Love their introduction methods for new and beta features. The integration of each IC product with our custom software cut an incredible amount of time out of our workflow.

Cons

The reporting is probably the least prolific part of the software. When using messages to email customers or sales leads, as of 11/14/2018 there isn't an option to check for duplicate emails while sending messages out if your user/lead records have UUIDs imported from custom software. The only lack of feature that I felt was big enough to bring up in a review as the team is generally very receptive to our input.

Alexis from Get More Reviews

Excellent platform - more than just customer support

Pros

We switched to Intercom intending to use it for simple customer support messaging. We now use it for so much else. Intercom is constantly innovating and releasing new features, from sales tools to product tours to bots and AI - Intercom is a very powerful tool.

Cons

Every new feature is an add-on - wish there were a way to bundle everything and reduce the cost a bit more. It gets pretty expensive for a small, growing business.

Farhan from Clary Icon

Intercom - Bringing all your communication on a single page

Overall experience has been great and we would love to recommend intercom to any person new to similar products. This is highly useful for small businesses and startups.

Pros

We have set up intercom to be active on more than 40 of our product websites. The best thing is that we do not have to be on separate places to respond to chats from customers/potential customers. Every chat/communication comes directly to the intercom main page from where we can see the link the customer is viewing right now, their location and country. The software also has options to automatically assign chats to different people. We can define rules such as rule according to geographical location of customer. That makes it easy for our globally located teams to address customer requests from customers in their areas only.

Cons

The pricing is a bit aggressive. It costs per seat. The pricing has been revised recently in 2019. Before that the pricing was slightly better.

Anne from Robly Email Marketing

Makes Everything Easier

This allows us to provide top notch customer service while maintaining an organized system on the back end that would only be a headache anywhere else. We are able to flow live chats and email tickets as well as any other inbound activity to one main hub.

Pros

I love Intercom - nearly every function it has makes my job easier, and it makes sharing information between teams regarding a single customer really easy. Bonus functions like notes/mentions, giphys, and integrations with other software systems we use really make it the best thing since sliced bread.

Cons

The messenger app. We use our own live chat system and maintain use of Intercom for email communication only. Unfortunately the messenger app looks and feels exactly like live chat, which we do not want, because we use it for email communication. Users perceive it as chat, and when they do not get an immediate reply they get frustrated. I have been told that this cannot be turned off nor is there any solution for us regarding this problem.

Hannah from Whetstone Education

Integral to our support team

Overall it's been great! I came into my office shortly after we switched from our previous platform and it's apparently been quite the upgrade.

Pros

-Provide great support (would be super ironic if they didn't) -Make it really easy to train other people on the platform -Reporting options since we moved to Inbox Pro have really improved -Now that we've figured out the tags, we're getting super great data.

Cons

-The way they set up how you pick your hours of availability really annoys me -While not common, we have experienced issues that we're pretty sure aren't user error (ie. need to refresh your page after turning on your beeping sound) -A lot of the integrations require you to share out the emails of all of your clients which is annoying

Response from Intercom

Replied December 2019

Hi Hannah, thanks so much for this review. I'm so happy to hear you're getting great use out of our tags - they're a game changer! I've passed your feedback on availability settings and integrations to our product teams. Comments like these really help us continually improve our product. The issue you've seen with your audio notifications sounds odd to me so please do get in touch via the messenger if it happens again. Kate - (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Thomas from ERNIT

The best customer management platform on the market

Pros

The usability is out of this world. All features are well thought out and works well. Complex features are being boiled down into easy understandable interfaces. Their support widget is awesome. Also, the support is great.

Cons

The pricing is very high for a startup, and the structure of the pricing models are not easily comprehensible.

Reasons for Choosing Intercom

The widget was what we needed, so this was the trigger.

Emilia from GHL Systems Berhad

Beyond a customer helpdesk solution.

Pros

Multipurpose use : Intercom goes beyond just being a tool for support agents , it is also used by our customer success team and my organizations sales team. In a sales capacity ,we use Intercom to prompt new web visitors to signup for our services ,and existing web visitors to make a purchase; thus becoming repeat customer. We achieve this by leveraging on trigger messages and lead routing functions to maximize our website visit to purchase ,conversion ratio. For helpdesk purpose , we use Intercom to communicate with ease with web visitors. We are able to effectively manage customer tickets and respond to customer queries in real time.

Cons

The user interface is un-intuitive and takes time for new helpdesk agents to get used to Intercoms dashboard navigation. Also the more our users and customers get larger , the higher the pricing.

Good value for money for a medium-sized company

I used it in a early stage startup and it was a game changer. Now that I am in a bigger company, I feel that it has several limits and their support features aren't very advanced.

Pros

- Plug & play : Intercom is really easy to set-up - User friendly : Intercom is has a nice UI and is very intuitive. There's no need to spend hours in training each time we have a new recruit in our team. - Always moving forward : I used to use Intercom in my last company in 2016 and I started using it again in 2018 and I was very glad to see they have added several new features (Operator and the newest Answer bot)

Cons

- Reports : their reports are very poor and some of their statistics are not very reliable (for instance the conversations participated in in the "summary" section for a team and in the "performance" section is not the same! For a data-driven company like ours, this is very frustrating.

Caleb from To Your Success

Looks great on your website, but difficult to manage

Intercom has allowed us to strengthen communication with our prospects and clients in a user-friendly way for them. They can get quick answers to their questions and feel enabled with little effort.

Pros

I really love how you can customize the chat widget as it appears on your website. I also love the ability to create "teams" to assign certain types of inquiries or conversations to. This helps manage who gets notified of a conversation, so that people only see the conversations they need to be a part of. If you need to bring in another team member, you can tag them using common symbols like "@JohnDoe." Plus, you can keep a cheerful, personable tone by using emoticons and gifs inside of chats. The best feature of all is the ability to have a public-facing chat widget (on our public site), and a client-facing chat widget (for our clients to use when logged in). This allows us to track prospects or clients and all of their activity so that we can quickly help them with the page they're on, see past conversation histories, or jump into our CRM profile for them immediately.

Cons

Intercom has a very clunky internal site that makes it difficult to manage settings and respond to chats quickly. Even worse, there seems to be a 15-45 second delay from when a chat is submitted on your site to when it pops up in a browser notification or phone notification. That may seem a short amount of time, but feels like an eternity to someone looking for a quick answer to their question. It makes our response time appear delayed.

One software that follow the complete journey of a site visitor and interact with them

Have gathered fair amount of success with Intercom. If you are looking for a professional looking website chat, email marketing and self service solution you are at the right place.

Pros

- Best live website chat software in the industry. - Great at following a visitor whether through chat, email or support desk. - Allows you to use bots when a agent is not available. - Great UI/UX.

Cons

They need to work on the pricing model. It can really begin to hurt startups or small companies when they are ready to scale up. Apart from that their documentation can be improved a bit.

Response from Intercom

Replied May 2020

Thanks so much for leaving us this review. It's always great to hear when customers are seeing success with our products! I'd love to hear more feedback on how we can improve our documentation so please do get in touch via the Messenger. The team can also help review your pricing options as we always aim to align costs with the value you're seeing. Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

A Patchwork Of Valuable Tools

Built out automations for email & on site communications. Engaged with customers and leads real time online.

Pros

Intercom’s initial purpose was to support on-site chat. They do this exceptionally well. They’ve branched from there into other things in the customer engagement and marketing automation worlds, and do most of what they offer very well. All their tools are also well designed and mostly intuitive which is a big plus for me. They’ve also recently launched support articles paired with an on-site chatbot that I haven’t used. But if it works as well as their marketing claims, could be really cool.

Cons

Being that most of their tools were things they initially added on to their core offering, sometimes feel like a patchwork. They would say that they’re good at marketing email automation and blasts, but they’re not REALLY built for that, at least compared to other tools they’re competing against. They have a pretty standard set of list segmenting tools, which unfortunately always leave me wishing they could do more. It also falls short as a CRM, but they probably wouldn’t claim to be that.

Response from Intercom

Replied October 2018

Really thoughtful review - thanks for sharing. Appreciate the feedback on email automation, segmentation and CRM.

Basiirat from IROKO Partners Limited

Intercom should aim for perfection.

Intercom makes it easier to develope a relationship with our users,while also able to get feedback from them in real time and address their complaints and queries as fast as possible.Thus we have been able to engage more with our customers thereby improving their loyalty and keeping them hooked to our products and services.

Pros

I love that Intercom offers my organization more possibilities beyond acting as a medium to offer support to customers(helpdesk), it also serves as a marketing tool.It is accessible both as a web and mobile based app and offers a good experience to web visitors on every smart device. With Intercom, we have been able to segment our users ,which makes it easy to focus on users who are more likely to make a purchase from us. Also Intercom has a large integration capability with multiple softwares.

Cons

Intercom just doesn't offer the full deal either as a livechat solution or a marketing tool.Therefore we still have a primary marketing tool despite the marketing features present on Intercom.

Jonathan from Eventer

Terrific product and exemplary customer service

My overall experience with Intercom has been outstanding. Intercom is embedded in our software so users can contact us anytime via chat. This has helped us reduce the number of incoming (and outgoing) phone calls and provide faster, more efficient service that is also personal. It is also a great way to communicate product updates and important notifications to all our customers. Intercom has made it so much easier for us to solve problems for our customers, and whenever we encounter any problems or questions – the Intercom staff is quick to reply, always kindly and professionally, and offer a solution.

Pros

Intercom is intuitive and easy to use, it has a great-looking interface, it is constantly evolving and introducing new features to improve user experience, and the customer service is fantastic. I have been using it for almost two years now and it has been a great tool for communicating with our users and providing remarkable service.

Cons

No support for right-to-left writing directions, no support for replying to a specific message (like on WhatsApp).

Josh from Digitile

Seamless Central Hub for Managing Existing Users

Overall our company is completely invested in Intercom and has no plans of switching. The breadth of the offering is huge and supports all of our users once they signup.

Pros

I love how much functionality is packed into this customer nurturing suite. The ability to keep a seamless and smooth conversation with each user is amazing and helps us maintain a great net promoter score with our users. The integrations that are offered really enables an easy setup.

Cons

There are some manual tasks that can be automated in the future. Building email templates can be improved or offer more out of the box.

Reasons for Choosing Intercom

Their pricing for startups was unbeatable

Sundeep from WaveMaker, Inc.

Intercom will always in one of the choices if you are looking for a customer nurturing platform.

Pros

Intercom with its easy to use interface and powerful features is easily one the of the best tools for customer nurturing. It has set a new standard for all the software makers in terms of functionality and also marketing. Intercom offers great integrations but sometimes it gets a little overwhelming with a lot of features. They are always in touch with their customers updating them about the releases and new features which are being updated very frequently. Intercom is a great product and I believe that when choosing a customer nurturing platform, Intercom has to be a choice.

Cons

Intercom is great if but it gets costly as you keep adding users. If there is no proper integration with the product, all the data will be garbage and it would not be very useful. Since there are a lot of features that get added very often, sometime it becomes a little confusing as to what the tool actually is capable of.

Intercom definitely improved over the years.

Our experience with Intercom has been great so far and we will continue to use the platform in the future

Pros

We use Intercom inside our Medical application to assist our customers with their queries. What started as just a customer service app for us turned out to be a lead nurturing tool. The functionalities are great and the updates Intercom team brings out if also nice.

Cons

One of the things, I dislike about Intercom is the lack of proper reporting, however there is a work around with Zapier but having to use Zapier for everything is a task.

Response from Intercom

Replied April 2020

I want to say a big 'Thank You' from both myself and the rest of the team at Intercom for taking the time to write this, especially during what I can only imagine is a very busy time for a Medical application. I'm so happy to hear that your Intercom experience has been a great one! I'll make sure to pass your feedback on reporting to our product team as showing you the value that Intercom is providing your business is one of our top priorities. Thanks again! Kate (Intercom - Customer Engagement)

Best tool in the market for Online Chat support

Pros

We have around 700 customers who use our product on regular basis ,earlier they use to send us email and then we would respond to them which was time consuming . Later on we moved to intercom and now as and when we receive any query from customer our customer success team response time has reduced to lest then 1 minute. We have also integrated intercom with zendesk so that if there is technical issue automatically ticket is created in zendesk for technical team . Last but not the least the automated email / message functionality and reports provided by intercom are just awesome , we can measure the performace of each chat support agents .

Cons

if chat has more then 300-400 lines then time taken to load on mobile app increases

Catrin from Current RMS

Great for keeping everything centralised

It's been great, and the support team and quick to respond to any queries we have :-)

Pros

We love that all messages that come in from site visitors and users of our software come in to one central place with Intercom, ensuring we never miss a message. We can also report on our average response time per user, snooze tickets if it's something we need to come back to, but don't want in our queue, and assign messages to other people's queues if it relates to them.

Cons

I find the search functionality is a bit limited, and can sometimes find it difficult to search for specific conversations with users within companies.

Response from Intercom

Replied December 2018

So glad to hear Intercom has become your central place for all conversations with your website visitors and customers! Appreciate your feedback re: our search and will pass that along to our team.