Olark Software Reviews

Olark Software Reviews

Find out more:

FrontRunners 2021

Find out more:

• icon"Olark is cute, easy to use, and fun. I love that it's personal for each member on my team."
  • icon"This program is so easy to use that everyone in our office has taken a turn. We love that it can be a subtle, yet helpful, add on to our website."
  • icon"I have used tested Orlak with great chats later and I have to say it is pretty amazing. Customer support Is top notch."
  • icon"There were many short outages or features being down. I often had to check the status of the software to see if the problem was being worked on."
  • icon"Lack of customizations, Olark will log you out after 5 min of inactivity without any warning. Operator cant send attachments."
  • icon"Probably the most frustrating part is that we had a few times when the alarm noise just shut itself off and we missed a few chats before we realized what happened and turned the alert sound back on."

All Olark Reviews

Jeremy

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

We had major functionality issues

Shayne

The Best Customer Service Add On!

Our company (which is a SaaS), started using Olark after we had major issues with another website chat client. Olark is way better and is definitely more reliable. Apart from work, I also use Olark for one of my e-commerce side businesses. Right now, it can easily be integrated with WordPress. Not sure about other platforms, though.

Pros

1) User-Friendly: I've found Olark to have a very simple and user-friendly interface for both - the recipient and the sender. 2) Affordability: Olark gives you the opportunity to look much bigger and way more professional than you already are! All of this at a very nominal price, of course. As of April 2019, Olark has one pricing model that can either be billed monthly, annually or for two years straight. As you choose a longer commitment, the prices reduce accordingly. Also, if you're not sure about what chat client is best suited for your business, you can always try Olark for 2 weeks, absolutely free. What I like the most is that there are no "Starter", "Pro", "Enterprise" discriminations! 3) Intelligence: Olark allows you to pre-assign quick responses that keep your customers from having to wait for an answer. Our employees love this feature because they don't have to type the same response again and again. Another smart feature is the notifications that our employees get when they leave their workstations and forget to log out. Olark gives the customer a quick response, giving them an option to send the chat as an email instead. This is great for a future follow-up. 4) Reporting Feature: Olark gives the administrator the option to assess the quality of an employees' chatting capabilities as well as his/her productivity levels. An employee can also learn from any feedback that's left by their customer with regard to their chat experience.

Cons

1) No Image Sharing: This may not be a necessity for all businesses, however, we occasionally require our customers to send us screenshots of the issue that they are facing. This can help us serve them better. We have makeshift walkarounds for this, but having an image sharing option would be great. 2) One User At A Time: Unfortunately, only one user can be logged on to the agent at any given time. This could be a deal breaker larger businesses that have more than one customer care representative.

Santiago

There is no better option today than Olark.

Every time a potential client came in, we noticed that soon after we left our portal, we began to prove that it was what was needed, and we noticed that the accompaniment in the purchase is fundamental, especially when it comes to highly specialized articles. We looked for options similar to Olark but none offered that great ability to adapt to our needs, so we decided to install their live chat platform and the results changed completely, from having visits of a few minutes to a secure sale after each interaction. Apart from that, we achieved an integration with another platform such as Slack, which has led the work team not to lose any sales, and at the same time, has integrated us more as a team for common purposes.

Pros

When working with businesses of all kinds, especially the one that is linked to sales and customer service, one of the aspects imposed by the criterion of a good or bad experience is customer service. That's why I like Olark a lot, because you can offer an exclusive experience, which translates into higher sales. Since we used Olark, we have attracted more people, because thanks to its platform, it allows you to respond in record time, all those doubts about your products or services. Another thing that I like, is the ability that offers you to customize the chat to the corporate image of your company. Also, when you start communicating with any visitor, it allows you to know valuable data for your work, information such as location and contact details. Live chat is so important to us, and the best option you can find is Olark.

Cons

All their years of experience offer you a shielded commercial option, which makes me not identify negative aspects of their platform or their services, quite the contrary, I have compared them with others and greater are the profits, a marvel.

Anibal

Industry: Medical Devices

November 2022

Olark: Software para opinion sobre productos de la salud

Pros

Es un software muy completo y reconocible sobre marcas

Cons

Ayuda sobre el uso de un producto que puede darse solo si se guarda el historial

Jesse

Decent value but performance somewhat lacking

When Olark is functioning correctly, it's a decent tool. The service is affordable, and this has been the largest draw. Our organization uses it as an integrated chat support option and it has helped take our support to a higher level. Some issues arise however when our users contact our other support channels and report "not getting a response" which we determined to result from our rep's not receiving the text, simply open chats with no content. We have no way to determine when this is happening or why but it comes and goes sporadically. When the transcripts are later sent to our email inbox (another of their useful features) we see the conversation, but by then it's too late and our customers are already frustrated. We've kept it for over 2 years because we've built a lot of our other functionality around it, however the problems (such as not having accurate visibility of when other reps are online as another example) have continued and we will likely be seeking an alternative option.

Pros

Easy to use Through metrics and reporting Easily integrated with other ticketing and metrics tracking programs

Cons

Unable to post images (from the chat rep side) Performance/ functionality somewhat inconsistent Limited ability to create personalized macros Agent visibility (knowing when teammates are online) often unreliable/ not functional

Crystal

Best Live Chat

Pros

Olark is hands down the best chat software we have used based on functionality, ease of use, and price. We have used 2 other softwares and none compare to Olark. Olark is easy to customize to fit your website (color scheme, style, design, etc) and it is easy to use (for both back end and front end users). We found our users are more engaged when chatting to us through Olark.

Cons

The only complaint we have is that we can't share seats. This makes sense. Olark doesn't want you to only purchase one seat, yet have multiple users using it. I guess we were blessed in the last software we used which allowed us to have 2 people for one seat. The other software failed in other regards though, so we are fine paying for multiple seats with Olark. I guess we actually have one more complaint: people who chat with you can upload screenshots, but not the other way around. We cannot upload screen shots into the chat while chatting with people. This makes it difficult sometimes. We have to explain via words where to click on our website or where to sign a document. We would love if a feature was developed where both front end and back end users could attach screenshots.

Nathan

What Olark lacks in functionality, it makes up for in simplicity and clean UI

Overall, I've loved using Olark as a simple sales and support tool. However, any ticket creation or formal integrations are lacking. If you're looking for a tool that is more than a simple one-to-one, one time communication tool, then I would look elsewhere.

Pros

The UI is clean, easy to use, and is honestly just pleasant to log into every day. Beyond that though, the shortcuts are helpful, and the storage of past chats is really advanced for the price point, and easy to sort through and keep track of. Lastly, the reporting and metrics are helpful in making informed decisions.

Cons

There isn't a lot to Olark. It's a chat tool, pure and simple. The integrations are available, but they aren't easy to connect, and they don't provide a lot of output for the trouble.

Alan

Helped up convert bigger customers and expand customer service

The team had been using Olark for support before I joined and had it available for everyone looking at the website. When I joined I did some analysis to see if it was worth keeping Olark running on the front-end of the website where non-customers could use it. Or could we save money and resources and just make the support available to customers after they logged in. I was very nicely surprised to find that leaving it on the front of the website resulted in us converting customers x3 times the average size. I guess they liked to check us out and make sure there were real people there to talk to if any issues. The end numbers were that for every hour a support person was answering questions on the site we were earning a little over $100 in return. These numbers resulted in us actually expanding the customer success team to make sure all time zones were covered.

Pros

Easy to set up and run with a distributed support team across the world.

Cons

No real downsides. The software worked exactly as advertised.

Romina

July 2022

Easy to use tool

Olark is a great platform that adapts to all your needs, it has excellent functionalities and characteristics that are essential to communicating with your customers, and it allows you to keep track of the activities and interactions of your customers.

Pros

Olark is a very easy-to-use platform with a simple interface, it is quite accessible since it is relatively cheap, it has excellent functions and features for a very low cost, you can use it completely free for 2 weeks, with Olark you can create quick answers for basic questions This is excellent because if a customer asks a question, they do not need to wait for an answer since quick responses are pre-assigned, with this platform you can offer the customer an excellent experience to increase sales.

Cons

I have not obtained negative aspects of this software, it has offered me a fairly protected commercial tool, I have been able to increase sales and obtain better performance in terms of communication with my clients.

Anuja

Great and super easy to setup for small business

As I mentioned, its easy to use and quick to setup software. They should add more data/reporting metrics from manager perspective.

Pros

1. Easy setup to get started 2. Lots of features/settings to customize 3. Easy to review chat history as a manager

Cons

1. I would like a summarized list of things customers asked and rep was not able to provide with. 2. Also things that reps did well and vice-versa.

Reasons for choosing Olark

Price and easy of use.

Abiola

Excellent helpdesk solution.

Pros

I have tried and administered a few helpdesk solutions over the years and I think Olark stands out for me at this time,it could be different in future though. I love Olark's simplistic approach ,everything from its user interface ,add-on services and features are simplified for teams and organizations to have a perfect understanding of how they work ,and how best to maximize their impact on an organizations sales(customer service) activity. With Olark ,I am able to measure the performance of all agents reporting to me , set a limit on the amount of chats an agent can respond to at one time ,access vital analytic which becomes very important to helping my organization better prioritize chats,score our leads and modify our sales strategy by leveraging on the insights in visitor data collected from social profiles and on our website by Olark.

Cons

Olark needs to continuously innovate the Olark helpdesk solution. Over the last year ,Olark hasn't undergone any major change or upgrade in terms of features. An overly confident organization,yea?

Betül

October 2022

Basic Review to Olark

Pros

I just started to use it and its easy to use.

Cons

The interface's colors can be frustrating.

Ifeoma

Easy to use support solution.

Pros

Olark is amongt the simplest helpdesk applications to try. It is intuitive and has a very short learning curve for new support staffs I have introduced to Olark. Olark has got an array of smart features , which helps the conversion rate on our website and also helps the sales team better improve the quality of customer service offered to customers and clients. I like the searchable transcript feature , which ensures every conversation between sales agents and web. visitors are saved in the cloud. Thereby allowing anyone on the sales team to search through the chat transcripts either for analysis purposes or to follow up on previous conversations. It has an efficient mobile approach ,which has ensures users who communicate with the website team via mobile phones, have a quality experience just as someone communicating via pc or tablet.

Cons

Olark automatically closes open chat conversations if agents have not responded in over five minute. I wouldn't know why this was introduced ,however it does not do the sales team any good.

Perry

Olark is a very reliable and easy to use platform with limitations

8 out of ten, with the two points really just all about limitations from an "AI" or Automated Response stand point of view and the inability to send graphics.

Pros

Olark has been our chat platform for three plus years and has proven itself to be a time saver, a great sales tool, and it has been an easy resource for our existing clients and CS Agents to utilize. Their ";" shortcuts are the easiest tools to use on many platforms we have tried. Aside from a few short outages, they are extremely reliable and their support team is responsive and very helpful.

Cons

The limitations of Olark include the lack of ability to share graphics with our clients. We can receive images from them, but not being able to respond has been a severe limitation on our staff as we have to switch to email in order to send graphics. Their Screen Share option is nice, but with new contacts, this is a hard proposition to sell on letting a new company "take control" of your PC. If Olark allowed us to send graphics, screen caps, images, it would be the perfect platform as my team loves the ease of use and friendly tools.

Tessa

Love Olark!

I really enjoy using Olark. I think it's fun. The bird with the its little birdhouse is so cute, and the way it turns to nighttime when you're not accepting chats--adorable! It's super easy to use. I am a huge fan of the notification systems. I like how you get both visual and auditory notifications, and well as follow-up notifications to remind you, "Hey! Don't forget about me over here! I'm still waiting!" I like how you can tag chats with whatever tag you desire; we've really had some fun with those! The co-browsing feature is pretty awesome, though I'll admit, some of our customers are rather paranoid, and the fact we can do something like that freaks them out quite a bit, so I avoid telling most people we have the ability to co-browse. Still, it's a really cool feature, and it can be SO helpful! One thing I wish they'd improve is the length of time you can block a user. When I last used Olark, the longest you could block someone was 24 hours. Some of the people who visit chat prove themselves worthy of a significantly longer blockage period.

Pros

The cute little touches

Cons

You can't block pervs longer than a mere 24 hours

Natasha

Fantastic Service

I work for All Seasons Weddings and we decided to try Olark on our website so that we can better help our customers. It's turned out to be such an amazing and helpful tool! The features are super helpful too once you know how to use them. Like forwarding an ongoing conversation and pre-loading some of your basic responses. The customers also get to rate their conversation with you which helps you to improve where needed. The one thing that would be helpful for the users though would be an indicator so that we know if someone is already typing a response to an inquiry. Maybe a button that the operator can click on to indicate the chat is being taken care of so other operators aren't also typing a response just to get kicked out. Still a wonderful customer service tool that really comes in handy and is convenient for the customers! I haven't had to contact the customer support yet, but they are always eager to help in any way that they can, so I'm sure that when I do, I won't be disappointed.

Pros

easy to use and always improving

Cons

multiple operators can start a response to an inquiry and the first one to hit enter wins. Would be helpful if the operator who will deal with it can click on a button 'respond' so that other operators will know and won't

Response from Olark

Thanks Natasha! Not sure if you've tried Round Robin routing for chats yet, but that might fix the issue of not knowing when a chat has been answered by another operator. Chat with us on Olark.com if you want to know more about that. [-Karl]

Replied January 2017