• Pros

• "Extremely easy to install and use. The UI is clean and easy to use for the user and it's impacted our business in a very positive way."

• "It is user friendly and I really like the shortcut message options. "

• "UI is really easy to use and customers like it. The implementation was easy to do and customizing it to match the color scheme for our site."

• Cons

• "We did have a problem where customer support wasn't the fastest at replying.. ironic really.. but this was a one time issue, apart from that they are been great!"

• "The mobile platform could use some improvements, but overall really like the software and happy we implemented it. "

• "It is a fair price for us customer service seats but for occasional support or those not on the front line it would be good if they had accounts but the cost puts us off a little"

Browse Olark Reviews

Shayne from SellerPrime

The Best Customer Service Add On!

Our company (which is a SaaS), started using Olark after we had major issues with another website chat client. Olark is way better and is definitely more reliable. Apart from work, I also use Olark for one of my e-commerce side businesses. Right now, it can easily be integrated with WordPress. Not sure about other platforms, though.

Pros

1) User-Friendly: I've found Olark to have a very simple and user-friendly interface for both - the recipient and the sender. 2) Affordability: Olark gives you the opportunity to look much bigger and way more professional than you already are! All of this at a very nominal price, of course. As of April 2019, Olark has one pricing model that can either be billed monthly, annually or for two years straight. As you choose a longer commitment, the prices reduce accordingly. Also, if you're not sure about what chat client is best suited for your business, you can always try Olark for 2 weeks, absolutely free. What I like the most is that there are no "Starter", "Pro", "Enterprise" discriminations! 3) Intelligence: Olark allows you to pre-assign quick responses that keep your customers from having to wait for an answer. Our employees love this feature because they don't have to type the same response again and again. Another smart feature is the notifications that our employees get when they leave their workstations and forget to log out. Olark gives the customer a quick response, giving them an option to send the chat as an email instead. This is great for a future follow-up. 4) Reporting Feature: Olark gives the administrator the option to assess the quality of an employees' chatting capabilities as well as his/her productivity levels. An employee can also learn from any feedback that's left by their customer with regard to their chat experience.

Cons

1) No Image Sharing: This may not be a necessity for all businesses, however, we occasionally require our customers to send us screenshots of the issue that they are facing. This can help us serve them better. We have makeshift walkarounds for this, but having an image sharing option would be great. 2) One User At A Time: Unfortunately, only one user can be logged on to the agent at any given time. This could be a deal breaker larger businesses that have more than one customer care representative.

Santiago from El Brunch Show

There is no better option today than Olark.

Every time a potential client came in, we noticed that soon after we left our portal, we began to prove that it was what was needed, and we noticed that the accompaniment in the purchase is fundamental, especially when it comes to highly specialized articles. We looked for options similar to Olark but none offered that great ability to adapt to our needs, so we decided to install their live chat platform and the results changed completely, from having visits of a few minutes to a secure sale after each interaction. Apart from that, we achieved an integration with another platform such as Slack, which has led the work team not to lose any sales, and at the same time, has integrated us more as a team for common purposes.

Pros

When working with businesses of all kinds, especially the one that is linked to sales and customer service, one of the aspects imposed by the criterion of a good or bad experience is customer service. That's why I like Olark a lot, because you can offer an exclusive experience, which translates into higher sales. Since we used Olark, we have attracted more people, because thanks to its platform, it allows you to respond in record time, all those doubts about your products or services. Another thing that I like, is the ability that offers you to customize the chat to the corporate image of your company. Also, when you start communicating with any visitor, it allows you to know valuable data for your work, information such as location and contact details. Live chat is so important to us, and the best option you can find is Olark.

Cons

All their years of experience offer you a shielded commercial option, which makes me not identify negative aspects of their platform or their services, quite the contrary, I have compared them with others and greater are the profits, a marvel.

John from Mike's Cigars

worked great in our lounge

We need a point of sale system for our lounge and this worked perfectly for us.

Pros

This point of sale software was very easy to use in our lounge. The touch screen interface is very intuitive.

Cons

Since we have a large inventory implementation was difficult and took a long time. After that no real cons.

Jesse from Riskalyze

Decent value but performance somewhat lacking

When Olark is functioning correctly, it's a decent tool. The service is affordable, and this has been the largest draw. Our organization uses it as an integrated chat support option and it has helped take our support to a higher level. Some issues arise however when our users contact our other support channels and report "not getting a response" which we determined to result from our rep's not receiving the text, simply open chats with no content. We have no way to determine when this is happening or why but it comes and goes sporadically. When the transcripts are later sent to our email inbox (another of their useful features) we see the conversation, but by then it's too late and our customers are already frustrated. We've kept it for over 2 years because we've built a lot of our other functionality around it, however the problems (such as not having accurate visibility of when other reps are online as another example) have continued and we will likely be seeking an alternative option.

Pros

Easy to use Through metrics and reporting Easily integrated with other ticketing and metrics tracking programs

Cons

Unable to post images (from the chat rep side) Performance/ functionality somewhat inconsistent Limited ability to create personalized macros Agent visibility (knowing when teammates are online) often unreliable/ not functional

Anmol from Tivity Health

A good value for money tool

Pros

I used Olark daily while working at my first company. I used it almost daily and the good thing about Olark is it isk very simple, easy to learn/understand UI and gets the work done. It would be great for a small company/start up.

Cons

Overall, it does get the work done but I didn't see any advanced functionalities like getting analytics of usage. May be text analytics to understand the most common type of concerns etc.

One of the easiest tools to connect with customers

I love that you connect and the UI is uncluttered. As you wait for chats, Olark welcomes you with a positive message. Then as you get the chats, it is very easy to use. It took me and my peers a couple of minutes to learn how to use it. Our customers love to chat and they also love how easy it is to get in touch.

Pros

It's simple, easy to use and allows you to store frequently used responses to speed up communication.

Cons

Visitors can send you files but you can't send files back to visitors. It is a bit difficult because if you want to send a PDF or a screenshot, you have to e-mail it or have it stored on a Web server and give the visitor a URL.

Elizabeth from Youth Unlimited

We love Olark

Olark makes it super easy for customers to interact quickly and efficiently with our staff.

Pros

This program is so easy to use that everyone in our office has taken a turn! We love that it can be a subtle, yet helpful, add on to our website. We also like seeing who is on our site and being able to recall past chats. The price point is also very affordable.

Cons

Probably the most frustrating part is that we had a few times when the alarm noise just shut itself off and we missed a few chats before we realized what happened and turned the alert sound back on.

mark from Iroquois Springs

The most important tool we use

Olark has been the most important way we drive real leads to our business

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and how our customers interact with us through its use. The way it pops up on our website is useful to our application

Cons

Nothing - it is so helpful to our way of doing business, both for new lead generation and serving our current customer base.

Barbara from Big Bear Cool Cabins

Chat, Chat, Chat

A great tool we have used for a couple years. We would recommend to other companies who would like to use this chat service.

Pros

I use Olark chat services daily at work for the past few years. We love it, it is so easy to use and implement .

Cons

To date, no issues or complaints. Love the service and convenience. We will continue to use Olark. We will continue to use in the future.

Maya from Provi Apparel LLC

Good software for interacting with customers

Overall Olark is a useful tool to have for any online store

Pros

Helps increase sales by allowing me to speak with potential customers and answer questions. Easy to set up and use.

Cons

Unfortunately, we are unable to send customers images of products to show them additional details..we are forced to use other ways of communication

Ifeoma from Softchoice

Easy to use support solution.

Pros

Olark is amongt the simplest helpdesk applications to try. It is intuitive and has a very short learning curve for new support staffs I have introduced to Olark. Olark has got an array of smart features , which helps the conversion rate on our website and also helps the sales team better improve the quality of customer service offered to customers and clients. I like the searchable transcript feature , which ensures every conversation between sales agents and web. visitors are saved in the cloud. Thereby allowing anyone on the sales team to search through the chat transcripts either for analysis purposes or to follow up on previous conversations. It has an efficient mobile approach ,which has ensures users who communicate with the website team via mobile phones, have a quality experience just as someone communicating via pc or tablet.

Cons

Olark automatically closes open chat conversations if agents have not responded in over five minute. I wouldn't know why this was introduced ,however it does not do the sales team any good.

Perry from TestingMom.com

Olark is a very reliable and easy to use platform with limitations

8 out of ten, with the two points really just all about limitations from an "AI" or Automated Response stand point of view and the inability to send graphics.

Pros

Olark has been our chat platform for three plus years and has proven itself to be a time saver, a great sales tool, and it has been an easy resource for our existing clients and CS Agents to utilize. Their ";" shortcuts are the easiest tools to use on many platforms we have tried. Aside from a few short outages, they are extremely reliable and their support team is responsive and very helpful.

Cons

The limitations of Olark include the lack of ability to share graphics with our clients. We can receive images from them, but not being able to respond has been a severe limitation on our staff as we have to switch to email in order to send graphics. Their Screen Share option is nice, but with new contacts, this is a hard proposition to sell on letting a new company "take control" of your PC. If Olark allowed us to send graphics, screen caps, images, it would be the perfect platform as my team loves the ease of use and friendly tools.

Crystal from Surety Solutions, LLC

Best Live Chat

Pros

Olark is hands down the best chat software we have used based on functionality, ease of use, and price. We have used 2 other softwares and none compare to Olark. Olark is easy to customize to fit your website (color scheme, style, design, etc) and it is easy to use (for both back end and front end users). We found our users are more engaged when chatting to us through Olark.

Cons

The only complaint we have is that we can't share seats. This makes sense. Olark doesn't want you to only purchase one seat, yet have multiple users using it. I guess we were blessed in the last software we used which allowed us to have 2 people for one seat. The other software failed in other regards though, so we are fine paying for multiple seats with Olark. I guess we actually have one more complaint: people who chat with you can upload screenshots, but not the other way around. We cannot upload screen shots into the chat while chatting with people. This makes it difficult sometimes. We have to explain via words where to click on our website or where to sign a document. We would love if a feature was developed where both front end and back end users could attach screenshots.

Tessa from JM Bullion

Love Olark!

I really enjoy using Olark. I think it's fun. The bird with the its little birdhouse is so cute, and the way it turns to nighttime when you're not accepting chats--adorable! It's super easy to use. I am a huge fan of the notification systems. I like how you get both visual and auditory notifications, and well as follow-up notifications to remind you, "Hey! Don't forget about me over here! I'm still waiting!" I like how you can tag chats with whatever tag you desire; we've really had some fun with those! The co-browsing feature is pretty awesome, though I'll admit, some of our customers are rather paranoid, and the fact we can do something like that freaks them out quite a bit, so I avoid telling most people we have the ability to co-browse. Still, it's a really cool feature, and it can be SO helpful! One thing I wish they'd improve is the length of time you can block a user. When I last used Olark, the longest you could block someone was 24 hours. Some of the people who visit chat prove themselves worthy of a significantly longer blockage period.

Pros

The cute little touches

Cons

You can't block pervs longer than a mere 24 hours

Natasha from All Seasons Weddings

Fantastic Service

I work for All Seasons Weddings and we decided to try Olark on our website so that we can better help our customers. It's turned out to be such an amazing and helpful tool! The features are super helpful too once you know how to use them. Like forwarding an ongoing conversation and pre-loading some of your basic responses. The customers also get to rate their conversation with you which helps you to improve where needed. The one thing that would be helpful for the users though would be an indicator so that we know if someone is already typing a response to an inquiry. Maybe a button that the operator can click on to indicate the chat is being taken care of so other operators aren't also typing a response just to get kicked out. Still a wonderful customer service tool that really comes in handy and is convenient for the customers! I haven't had to contact the customer support yet, but they are always eager to help in any way that they can, so I'm sure that when I do, I won't be disappointed.

Pros

easy to use and always improving

Cons

multiple operators can start a response to an inquiry and the first one to hit enter wins. Would be helpful if the operator who will deal with it can click on a button 'respond' so that other operators will know and won't

Response from Olark

Replied January 2017

Thanks Natasha! Not sure if you've tried Round Robin routing for chats yet, but that might fix the issue of not knowing when a chat has been answered by another operator. Chat with us on Olark.com if you want to know more about that. [-Karl]

Dallas from Edsby

Great chat solution

We've been using Olark for two years on our website and usually perform at least 3 chats every business day with it. The chat interface and its behavior are nicely customizable to match our site's appearance and business workflow. Favorite features include the integration (we use Sugar CRM) for passing records of chats back into our CRM and marketing automation system (inbox25) and what Olark calls its Targeted Chat capability, where we can have automatic behaviors initiated for certain types of visitors on certain pages of our site, e.g. automatically initiating discussions with website visitors from North America who spend longer than a minute looking at our case studies. We're fans of Olark and recommend it. Try it out on our site if you haven't already - it integrates quickly and is easy to test.

Pros

Support is very responsive. Company uses Olark chat service itself for support - so you always end up getting a real person in real time during (West Coast) business hours.

Cons

Occasional service disruptions, but rarely longer than a few minutes.

Bo from Clover Technologies Group

Industry: Printing

Easy to use and get started with

Olark is a great chat tool. When you focus on one part of customer support like they did (chat), you end up with a good product. Pricing: I like their pricing policy. You can define the actual number of operators and get billed accordingly. You can go up and down on that number as you need. Functionality: Both the chat client and the operator view are easy to use. There is enough functionality to allow you to transfer chats between operators, ask for feedback, etc. Another great feature is sending some visitor information from your website where you use the client to the operator. For example, if your users log in, you can transfer the user information, email, etc for the operator to see. Stability: There have been some stability issues in the months before January 2017, but Olark seems to be on it and it improved recently. You can sign up for SMS and email alerts too. Reporting: Reporting is available, altho I would like to see some improvements. Most serious companies with a good customer support have operator schedules. I would love to be able to have the ability of defining schedules for each operator and have that included in the report. As much as you want to get reports from end users and about their satisfaction, you need to keep track of the operators and if they are sticking to the schedule.

Pros

Eease of use and integration.

Cons

Some stability issues and outages.

Rich from Hearing Help Express, Inc.

Great, easy to use service

This is a very easy turn-key solution to customer website chat. Our agents find the software very easy to use. Our customer really love the chat and ask us anything about our products and services, and often even place orders with our agents. Olark has been an invaluable addition to our customer service philosophy. Some things I wish Olark had the ability to do: 1. Block a user from entering a credit card number (yes, it happens) or custom RegEx matches, 2. allow customers to chat with us via SMS on their phones (our agents would chat in the same chat window that they currently do), and 3. have an Olark Android app so our agents can chat with customers after hours if needed (yes, we would pay them :-). Over all the experience has been very positive. Olark's customer service is caring and responsive. I would recommend trying Olark (really it's easy to implement or turn off). You've got nothing to lose, really. You can customize almost everything about it from the user's point of view.

Pros

VERY easy to implement and customize. Great use experience.

Cons

Can't think of anything right now.

Igor from SteelKiwi Inc.

Simple live chat software that gets the job done

Olark is a great first ever live chat software. It is super easy to set up and use. While it may lack features, everything critical is already there and working. So if you don't need any extra bells and whistles - Olark will work well for you.

Pros

The biggest advantage of Olark is how easy it is to install and have it running in no time. The dashboards features pretty extensive analytics and chat history. Customer support was also pretty quick when I had an issue. They also have a mobile app but I rarely used it.

Cons

I think the biggest con is that very same simplicity that makes it easy to use. I have had hard time generating a really detailed CSV report about the chat history of our team with timestamps, client emails, names, etc. The customization of the whole Olark experience for both us and the client is also pretty lacking.

Nathan from Synthio

What Olark lacks in functionality, it makes up for in simplicity and clean UI

Overall, I've loved using Olark as a simple sales and support tool. However, any ticket creation or formal integrations are lacking. If you're looking for a tool that is more than a simple one-to-one, one time communication tool, then I would look elsewhere.

Pros

The UI is clean, easy to use, and is honestly just pleasant to log into every day. Beyond that though, the shortcuts are helpful, and the storage of past chats is really advanced for the price point, and easy to sort through and keep track of. Lastly, the reporting and metrics are helpful in making informed decisions.

Cons

There isn't a lot to Olark. It's a chat tool, pure and simple. The integrations are available, but they aren't easy to connect, and they don't provide a lot of output for the trouble.

Julie from The Top Saddlery

Squawking like a galah from outback Australia

We installed Olark pigin live chat on our first website and found it invaluable in assisting customers to choose the correct size of footwear and clothing. The most frequent question asked has been how much for postage? Livechat is useful for getting lazy/unmotivated/ web illiterate online customers quick answers. Despite the increasing popularity of live chat now - Australian web customers are reluctant to chat when the conversation is instigated by the website.

Pros

It works and the vendor does not continuously pester us to upgrade.

Cons

I would like greater flexibility to change its appearance. This Christmas the festive themes were non relevant to Christmas in the Southern Hemisphere

Alan from OpenJaw Technologies

Helped up convert bigger customers and expand customer service

The team had been using Olark for support before I joined and had it available for everyone looking at the website. When I joined I did some analysis to see if it was worth keeping Olark running on the front-end of the website where non-customers could use it. Or could we save money and resources and just make the support available to customers after they logged in. I was very nicely surprised to find that leaving it on the front of the website resulted in us converting customers x3 times the average size. I guess they liked to check us out and make sure there were real people there to talk to if any issues. The end numbers were that for every hour a support person was answering questions on the site we were earning a little over $100 in return. These numbers resulted in us actually expanding the customer success team to make sure all time zones were covered.

Pros

Easy to set up and run with a distributed support team across the world.

Cons

No real downsides. The software worked exactly as advertised.

Abiola from A. O. Smith Corporation

Excellent helpdesk solution.

Pros

I have tried and administered a few helpdesk solutions over the years and I think Olark stands out for me at this time,it could be different in future though. I love Olark's simplistic approach ,everything from its user interface ,add-on services and features are simplified for teams and organizations to have a perfect understanding of how they work ,and how best to maximize their impact on an organizations sales(customer service) activity. With Olark ,I am able to measure the performance of all agents reporting to me , set a limit on the amount of chats an agent can respond to at one time ,access vital analytic which becomes very important to helping my organization better prioritize chats,score our leads and modify our sales strategy by leveraging on the insights in visitor data collected from social profiles and on our website by Olark.

Cons

Olark needs to continuously innovate the Olark helpdesk solution. Over the last year ,Olark hasn't undergone any major change or upgrade in terms of features. An overly confident organization,yea?

Lydia from Venntive

Olark & Venntive

We integrated Olark with Venntive and our customers as well as we find it incredibly valuable in managing customer questions and impressing new website visitors. Adding chat to your website really makes sense when it's integrated with your CRM and triggers a workflow for prompt follow-up. It's a great complement to our Tickets forms. We save our customers a ton of money over apps like Zendesk, UserVoice, and GetSatisfaction.

Pros

It's super easy to implement and customize in many ways. The folks at Olark are incredibly responsive to questions.

Cons

Hmmm, can't think of anything at the moment.

Brent Lionel from Ezra Digital

Olark is a great tool to respond to customer enquiries

Overall, it's okay but there's a lot of room for improvement.

Pros

Olark allows you to create a pre-chat survey to get leads. The fallback message is cool too specially if you're not able to answer any chat within a span of time. You can also forward the message to the right department that must take care of any request from a possible customer or existing customers. The Pro version allows the chat support to access the scree of the customer with the customer's approval. You can also transfer the chat to another chat support member. Their cobrowsing is super duper useful.

Cons

The chat window templates doesn't really look good and their design are not that attractive. The design of the templates should be improve so they can be attention-grabbing and appealing.

Use Olark on company website to live-chat with clients to answer questions, redirect them, etc.

Ability to chat directly with our website visitors in real-time, and help guide them through our site in order to hopefully complete a purchase. Helps make the site seem more user-friendly and transparent when users know there's a real human to chat with and answer their questions.

Pros

Very user friendly and easily customizable website live-chat feature. You can easily add your own branding/styling to the look of the chat, as well as customize the automatic replies and opening line. Rules also give you lots of ways you can fit Olark to your specific website or needs- i.e. we've setup different rules for visitors who reach different pages on the site, so we can help direct them to what they might be looking for there.

Cons

Wanted to use Olark on multiple sites owned by the same company, but was difficult to manage multiple accounts at the same time- costs more to add to each new site, and can't share the same settings. Would like to organize the past chats a little more.

Nick from ID.me

Overall good product!

We started using Olark because of it's simplicity and ease of use. Olark has served us well in that it only took minutes to integrate into our website and be fully functional. The customization features are simple enough that anyone can set up the integration. The only need to tie up Developer Teams is to copy/paste the snippet into the website code and you're done! If you're looking for a chat product that is simple yet professional looking, Olark is exactly what you're looking for!

Pros

The ease of integration and simplicity of the setup and customization

Cons

The removal of the co-browsing feature. In my mind, that was one of the things that set Olark apart from the other chat vendors. The ability to be on the phone with a customer and be able to see their screen makes customer service much easier and allows us to add a personal touch to our customer interactions.

Carly from Intelligent Lighting Design

Olark Makes Communicating with Prospective Clients Easy and FUN

The reason I rated Olark so high is because I know they're working hard to provide their clients (those offering the customer support to THEIR clients) the best version possible of their product... Thus, offering our business clients an enjoyable interface and avenue of chatting to learn more information about our business. Every 6 mo or so we will receive an update or survey email from OLark, which says to me they ARE interested in their client's opinions and they do value us. Not to mention the interface is sleek and good looking and easy to use.

Pros

Interface and ease

Cons

Yikes. I'm not sure. Maybe how often and loudly it pops up every time you open our page! That might be an option we can change though.

Response from Olark

Replied January 2017

Thanks Carly!! [-Karl]

James from Client Technology Solutions LLC

Very easy to use, for both website visitors and employees alike.

Olark works very well for what it is. Besides the occasional outages, it works exactly as described. We love being able to chat with our customers, but sometimes it would be handy to be able to send a screenshot of what we’re looking at on our end. Otherwise, it works great.

Pros

Olark is very easy to use for all participants. We were concerned that it would be difficult for our website visitors to get the hang of, but we’ve not had any complaints so far! It’s very easy for us to use as well. We especially like the chat log feature. It helped us create a database of commonly-asked questions, which helps us when we have a new employee answering the chats.

Cons

We’ve experienced a few outages, but they weren’t very long. We were able to get back up and running within minutes, which is very important. The ability to share images with the visitors to our website would be handy. Other than that, we haven’t had any issues.

Steve from Reminderband

Olark has been our trusted customer chat software for years.

Pros

Easy to install. Both desktop clients as well as web clients available. Can set up default response templates. Nice back end reporting. Various configurations are available for the customer user interface depending on your preference.

Cons

Needs an auto responder. If it has one, I don't know where it is. I want it to auto-reply to the customer with a message such as, "Thank you for your message. Please give us a couple minutes to reply." We have customers who expect an immediate response and don't want to wait more than 15 seconds.

Aden from Disruptive Advertising

Best Live Chat Option Out There!

I've looked at a number of live chat providers and Olark is my hands down favorite. It's incredibly easy to use and loaded with powerful features like targeted chat that you can't get from almost any other provider. Plus, the good folks over at Olark are incredibly helpful. I only gave Olark 4/5 stars for Features & Functionality because their Salesforce integration doesn't have many customization options and they don't have a Slack integration, but hopefully those will be rolling out soon. Otherwise, Olark is about as good as you can get!

Pros

Super easy to use, but loaded with powerful features.

Cons

No Slack integration and the Salesforce integration is a bit clunky.

ELDHOSE from RightVows Technologies

A best solution to chat with customers on live website

With Olark we can manage all our customers and to have reduce our issues on the website in a higher manner. Olark is a great tool to manage all our needs.

Pros

Olark is the best application to chat with customers and to engage with them so that we can generate more sales, Olark is also a great tool to manage the users who are currently visiting our website and to have their issues solved on real time. We are using the tool to solve issues which our customers raise when they visit the website. Olark seems to fulfill all our needs are we are happy with it.

Cons

The main issues is that the chat has a delay of more than 2 minutes, this makes the customers annoying. Please try to fix this issue asap.

Jeff from Riskalyze

Really like Olark

Olark has been great for us. It's been terrific to communicate with customers this way, however there have been some issues. 1) There have been a few times where Olark goes down. We don't rely entirely upon Olark, but that still causes problems 2) Cobrowsing is going away and that was the big differentiator between Olark and everyone else I evaluated 3) You can't include things like gifs and images in chat. Overall, pretty good product but lacks a competitive moat.

Pros

Works well. Easy to use. Easy to set up new operators, chat with customers, etc. Integrates with Help Scout, Zendesk, etc

Cons

It goes down at least twice a month for a few minutes to longer. Can't share gifs/images Doesn't have a lot of features or functionality to separate themselves from the pack

Brandie from Bridge Purchasing Solutions, Inc.

Olark = powerful tool for teams

Very easy to use. Great visibility to customer experience with your business.

Pros

Olark was simple to install, integrates well with our Wordpress website, and it was easy for our service reps to use. The best part about Olark from a business standpoint is the chat log. You can audit all chats, which will allow you to train operators on best practices for chat. You can also see how many chats go unanswered and when, and try to figure out why.

Cons

My only complaint is that I wish it integrated better with HubSpot.

Deborah from DiscipleLand

Industry: Publishing

Love the New Button Customization, and simplicity

We have been with Olark for just over 1 year, after using 2 other software options in the industry. For the price, Olark I believe has been the easiest to use with a clean design, customization options for your chat button, and with excellent customer service. We are very happy with Olark!

Pros

Clean design, ease of use as the administrator, and quick response from the customer service team.

Cons

Some of the initial information about the customer was hard to read...but with the new colors and look that showed up today, I think it has much improved.

Cheryl from Colonial Properties

Great chat interface with an abundance of quality options

Pros

This chat software makes bridging that gap between customers and your company easy! I love that I can be assisting guests on the phone, and assisting a guest via chat simultaneously providing better customer service as a whole. I like that it keeps a full history of conversations and contact information for long periods of time. This is great for marketing and follow up.

Cons

I do wish there was a canned response that tells the customer "Agent" is away from her desk, please leave a message and a contact number and she will follow up shortly", as opposed to just saying there are no agents available and leaving customers in the dark.

James from PersonalFinanceGenius.com

One of the best live chat options out there

The biggest benefit is giving my prospects and customers another way to contact me without emailing or picking up the phone. Plus, it's been proven that live chat helps to boost your conversions, so it has had a positive impact on sales.

Pros

I like that this was simple to install, plus it integrates with Google Analytics, which allows you to build data on where you chats are being initiated. I love the fact that it's unobtrusive on my website - some of the other chat services out there were too big and cluttered up my site. Olark doesn't.

Cons

I wish that there was a way to put chats on hold, or at least give the person chatting the option to leave information for a follow-up email later. I also wish that it allowed you to customize just a little bit more. It's important from a design standpoint to have the chat box match your website.

Shirine from Full Disclosure

Easy to use, looks good!

The software is very easy to use and setup, does the promised job and we particularly love the fact that it allows you to see where the customers are located, what they're looking at and what they're adding to cart. Wish it had a feature to add product pages into a chat (rather than sending links). Also, really like the new hummingbird! Highly recommended.

Pros

That you can see where the customer is located, which pages they're on and what they're adding to cart.

Cons

Can't think of anything I don't like about it.

Jake from VanDyke Insurance Group

Olark rocks

We're able to conduct business over our website that never would've been possible before. Now people who don't like to talk on the phone can communicate with us effectively enough to receive the same level of service as those who call in.

Pros

The white label option is key. No business wants advertising for another business on their website.

Cons

White label pricing seems a bit ridiculous.

Todd from Buffer

Easiest way to bring real-time support to your customers

It's a quick and easy setup tool that gets you chatting with your customers in real-time. It's very reliable and integrates nicely into the workflow we have for our other help desk software.

Pros

Simple, easy and reliable chat tool that integrates well with CRM and other Help Desk software. Olark has been a game changer for us, we now can offer support right in the moment as customers need it to keep them running smooth with our product. The Olark team also provides stellar support over live chat to their own customers.

Cons

There much more designed for smaller chat teams, and lack a few features. They've just now implemented file sharing with in chats, this has been a huge help, and is something we've needed. They also don't quite have a note feature yet which would be very handy for our internal communication.

Kevin from BlackWire Designs

Industry: Wholesale

Olark Makes Support Easy

Chat support is key to providing the best customer service possible. We find the ROI is well worth it as customers are happy they get answers in seconds with out having to send an email. The tracking and other customizations that olark exposes makes it easy to see what all of your customers are looking at and ensure they are seeing the correct pages.

Pros

Being able to get live analytics is key. You can see how many people are on your site and what they are looking at.

Cons

We have seen the software go down more than we like with no real explanation of why. While its up 99% of the time any down time during business hours is not good.

Pros

It's ease of use. Setting shortcuts, updating what the end-user sees, changing the overall look, these are all really easy to do with Olark. Having used Zendesk as well, I really believe that Olark is a better all around experience for live chat.

Cons

It's not the greatest for reporting, so it's a solution that can be outgrown. Which is too bad. I've also experienced a bit of outages with it, though they don't last long generally.

Great customer support chat solution

Olark helps us to achieve better communication with our customers and to resolve smaller problems are users are experiencing almost instantly.

Pros

It is easy to use and it works like a charm. Instant notifications and email summaries are really helpful for improving communication with customers.

Cons

All is great except the issues we are getting from website performance tools which always mark Olark resources as a potential issue to page load experience.

Sean from Awmous

Easy to use and very open-ended

Customers have full access to get help right away. Huge bonus for our product. Aside from social media, this is an immediate way for people to get assistance.

Pros

UX is easy to follow. Love that we can use extensions such as Upscope. Integrates right into our website and customers love it too. Definitely, recommend this one to anyone looking for a great chat service for direct contact with your users.

Cons

Can't think of anything. It's been down one time since I started using it and it was a very short down period. There was a small popup to explain. If I had to recommend one thing, I wish the alert was a bit larger. At first glance, it looks just like something not important so you skip over it but they do attempt to tell you. So I give them points for that.

Emmanuel from emnet media

Great Live Chat I have Used

Using Olark, really skyrockets our sales and we saw great ROI, we converted 80 percents of the visitor that comes to our site because we provide live support and answer to their questions real time.

Pros

Olark is a great and easy live chat software I have ever used. you can easily integrate olark if other CRM software Google analytics salesforce, MailChimp, etc.. for a customer to make the final decision on our product olark has been a great tool for us to chat with customer real time. The most amazing part that I love most is been able to track what people doing at the website, the page they currently visiting and this has been a great tool for us

Cons

excepts for downtime that we experienced in two or three occasions, everything is great

A customization chat function for e-commerce

A simple way to add live chat and messaging to any e-commerce website

Pros

A lightweight async chat client that does not slow down your website load times, the UI can be customized to match your brand. Many plans and features including team management, transcripts, visitor page and cart tracking.

Cons

For our free legacy installation the visitor page and geolocation tracking is no longer working, not sure the reason.

Tom from FDG Web, Inc

A quick and easy chat program to add to your website.

For an easy to use, easy to set up chat program Olark cannot be beat. It can help you understand whether chat will work for your business and what effort it will take to manage and maintain.

Pros

Easy to install and integrate with an ability to set times and behavior with the chat dialogue.

Cons

At the time it required using a third-party chat program on your local computer (e.g. Trillian). They now have a number of chat clients available.

Brent from Foundry26

Great for small businesses

Olark live chat is great for a small business who wants to interact with their customers through a Live Chat feature. For the money, you will not find a better service provider. The set-up is easy and you can be up and running in less than a day. We used a third-party app to work live chats on a mobile device so you can answer live chats on the go! My only major gripe is on their customer support. The reps typically force out web links for you to read about your problem. We had trouble using Chrome and never found a resolution other than using on IE. Overall a great product for a small business.

Pros

The ability to customize your live chat pop up box to match your website. Shortcuts saved many key strokes.

Cons

Tagging could be improved by forcing tags on each chat. Tagging shouldn't be free from text - you should select from a drop down or check box list.

Scott from BuildIT Systems

Great for supporting customers

Olark offers an additional level of support for our customers, many of whom would rather text/chat then pick up the phone, or craft an email. It amounts to instant support for our customers, and another benefit that keeps them loyal. Compare getting your question answered instantly versus filling out a form, submitting a "ticket" and waiting for who know's how long before your question gets answered. Instant chat is the future, and Olark is paving the way.

Pros

Ease of setup, user interface, reporting, and shortcuts (saves us typing typical responses)

Cons

Would prefer to see a smaller interface/screen, but not critical. Would love to see color coding, showing which IP addresses are repeat customers. Dream would be to allow user to tag IP's so instead of seeing IP address: xxx only, it would have in brackets (customer name).

Alex from 3R Building Sustainability

Olark a good deal for the features

I compared Olark against five other live chat companies and although it's not the cheapest option, it appeared to be the best price of the options which included the features I was interested in. I'm also glad that it works with Zapier so that I can link data to a Google Sheet.

Pros

Ease of use to setup on website and easy to customize the look and function of the chat window.

Cons

It was a little confusing when I first tried to log into the chat with a desktop application and the web client seemed to be buggy at times.