All WhatsApp Reviews

Eva

Accounting, 1 employee

Used unspecified

Reviewed December 2023

WhatsApp Review: Set Up In Less Than A Minute.

Lupe

Computer Software, 1 employee

Reviewed August 2022

Family, friends and business together in one place

I really like the overall experience with WhatsApp. I think it is way better than any other social media out there. I have been using it for a couple of years, and I use it every day on my phone as well as on my laptop. It helps me stay connected with family and friends from different countries, which is great!

PROS

WhatsApp offers voice calling features, video calls, one-to-one private messaging, group messaging, file sharing, and location sharing. In 2011, WhatsApp was a fast-growing social networking service within Europe but has since expanded to provide service in most regions of the world.

CONS

No option to sign out of WhatsApp from your iPhone or iPad. You can set it up so that people can't see when you were last active, but you can't choose to show a timestamp for that at all. The app does have animated stickers, but these can't be used on iPhone XS or XR because they're too big and left-aligned.

Reason for choosing WhatsApp

You can safely send messages on WhatsApp without worrying that anyone else will read what you're saying. We've added end-to -end encryption to every form of communication on WhatsApp, from individual text messages to group chats and voice calls. It powers every message, photo and video sent over the service — no matter where in the world you and the person you're communicating with are located.

Rohit

Railroad Manufacture, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Y the WhatsApp

Overall I like using WhatsApp, sometimes there is network problem but overall its features are very good and maximum care has been taken of privacy, this is the reason why I like WhatsApp.

PROS

I have been using WhatsApp for more than 5 years and I use WhatsApp because file sharing etc. are very easy, there are other features like video call, voice call, live chat, file sharing and the most important thing is privacy in our status only our relative. ya friend can you see ,

CONS

While using WhatsApp sometimes I face network problem which I don't like at all as it takes me a lot of time to chat. And file sharing ,

Evelyn

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2022

Not the Best App, yet the most Popular

WhatsApp is an app used because of it great community of users once Blackberry Messenger barely died. But there are several better alternatives on the market to communicate, either on a professional environment or social one.

PROS

The broader app to communicate worldwide Easy to use Easy to install

CONS

Bad file management system It does not have a stand-alone system who allows the user to manage the account from different devices simultaneously. There are many useful features found on different apps that can't be found on WhatsApp such as broadcasting, creating polls, files auto delete capabilities, among many others.

Reason for choosing WhatsApp

As said previously, the big amount of users does ease the chance to communicate without requiring our receipts to download or learn to use any other software. Then it does offer a kind of comfort for most of the people despite their downsides.

Reasons for switching to WhatsApp

The popularity of WhatsApp increases the chance to find the people you need to talk to without asking them to download and learn any other communication software.

Alaa eddine

Banking, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Great in many ways, best messaging app, numbre one in the store

Great experience !! This app is nessecary in mobile، i have been using it for many years it was the best messaging app with monthly update,very useful

PROS

I love how you can chat, call, and add friends easily, and the ability to send files, pictures, and everything. It is essential in every phone.

CONS

Ease of chatting with customer services and quick response

Reasons for switching to WhatsApp

Because whatsapp is too simple and i can find my friends over there

Nikhil

E-Learning, 1 employee

WhatsApp: Honest Review

PROS

I often appreciate WhatsApp for its reliable messaging and multimedia sharing, end-to-end encryption for privacy, free voice and video calls, group chat functionality, dynamic status updates, cross-platform compatibility, and the "Read" feature indicating when messages have been read.

CONS

WhatsApp include privacy issues related to data sharing, the role in spreading misinformation due to message forwarding, dependency on internet connectivity, and challenges in managing large group chats.

Loknath

Fine Art, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2023

The great WhatsApp revolution!

Excellent! My life became easier, as I live on a remote island, with telecom lines always failing. WhatsApp has come in like a messiah and I am using it for business, meetings, file sharing, and more. My office in my pocket.

PROS

Globally connectible, easy-to-use file sharing, user-friendly interface, excellent global live chat that has erased the dependency on International trunk calls.

CONS

Spam and fake news have found a way into the application, which may be dangerous for the social fabric of the world.

Reviewed September 2023

Instant messaging tools

WhatsApp allows me to talk online with another person who is at the end of the world. This application allows me to know all the news about my company.And make free calls

PROS

WhatsApp has an audio and video calling function, it's free and easy to use, its price is pleasant for everyone and it lets me send my chats by e-mail.

CONS

The downside of WhatsApp is that every time you send a file, it goes straight into the storage memory, and there's a file transfer limit.

SHAIK

Banking, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2024

SHAIK SHARUKH

Nice and joyful with love of what's app is best in compare to other communication platforms

PROS

Using calls and msgs mostly voice chats and much more features are available

CONS

When using vedio call always showing a glitch in vedio call

Afthaab

Telecommunications, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Most amazing intant chat app

Amazing since day one, enjoy using whatsapp

PROS

Whatsapp has a easy to use simple interface, with 2 step verification for security, and an instant call and chat app.

CONS

Sometimes calls get alil delayed with sound.

Luis Daniel

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Safe and Free communications app

It's pretty robust and it's up most of the time, it rarely has any downtime and you can use it from almost anywhere. It works on PC, iOS and Android and even with old phones. It's quick and efficent and you always have a communication app with you.

PROS

What's app is simple to use and simple to set up, you just need a phone number, which is one downside i'll explain in the cons. The chats are encrypted and secured. You can do group messaging, group calls, video chat and single calls. You can send images, files, pdfs , videos and contacts. It's really versatile and can be used inside a company so everyone has a channel of communication between them. You can use a landline number and even google/skype numbers. It has a big amount of privacy settings so only contacts or people you allow can see your picture, bio or even reach you. You can use What's app on the web and on the computer. You can also use it to speak with people outside your country and not let your carrier charge you for out of country calls.

CONS

Your account being tied to a phone number can be a double-edged sword. In case you swap numbers, you need to make sure you update your what's app account to the new number. If you have a landline for a business, you can still use what's app but you need to do the verification by a call instead of a text. Phone numbers can be shared and you can receive spam. So you would need to manage your privacy settings. You can use What's app only on one phone at a time.

Reason for choosing WhatsApp

We we're going to use telegram but since what's app was more popular among the knowledge of the workforce, we went with it.

Music, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2020

My Goto App for SMS and MMS Messages

Easy to use with a beautiful, neat and innovative interface. Rock solid app with a privacy proven encryption system.

PROS

-The Ease of Use -The Clean and Neat Interface -Their High Level of Privacy & Security, Like feeling Safe Due to the Encrypted System They’re Using -The Sharing Possibilities, both privately and for Business Purposes -Even Though I’m On Their Free Version, you atill can do so much - so I can only imagine the possibilities that would come if upgrading to obe of their paid plans -I have used similar apps as well but so far, none of them haven’t even come close to what Whatsapp is providing -I’ve been using it for a couple of years now, and NOT a single error uas occured, like crashes, etc - so their app is extremely solid -I will continue to stay with them

CONS

I have nothing bad to say really. Perhaps the only thing that I would suggest taking into consideration is to make the platform even more interactive and more engaging

Reason for choosing WhatsApp

I wanted and needed something that were better, easy to use with a higher standard of privacy security.

Reasons for switching to WhatsApp

I wanted something better, easier and more secure.

Noime

Hospitality, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Great tool for building a close relationship with your client

It solves the issue of separating my business phone number and personal phone number since you can use personal WhatsApp and business WhatsApp at the same time.

PROS

I like that you can use your business phone number so that my client WhatsApp is separate from my personal WhatsApp. It also has auto response when I'm out of the office so the client knows that I could not respond as quickly. You can also set your business hours and status so clients are aware of what is going on with you.

CONS

It still sends you messages even if it's outside your business hours so sometimes you can't help but responds even if you are on a holiday. I also don't like that it always tells me I have duplicate contact when the other contact does not even have a name and the number was just recorded by WhatsApp automatically and you thought you already input your contact so you end up not having the client name on the details. Sometimes, it also says that you already have the contact but when you search it by name, it does not show up.

Reasons for switching to WhatsApp

I still use the dial-pad but no longer for messages. I used to use dial pad for business messaging but now, I only use it for calls because WhatsApp is more reliable since a lot of client has WhatsApp

Tajalasfia

Writing and Editing, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2022

Simple WhatsApp review

Using WhatsApp is free and simple. Connecting with coworkers and personal contacts is easy. The software is quick, trustworthy and dependable. I use it every day to communicate with others through text, video, and photo. Its widespread use speaks for itself!

PROS

The application is free, widely available, trustworthy, and simple to use. Good functionality for an application that is free. Additionally, you may log in from a computer, which is a further convenience. Excellent is the "audio/video call capability". I don't have to worry about making pricey international calls because of the chat. It doesn't use a lot of data. It is incredibly cost-effective to use. The "status" function is fantastic. It enables me to promote my items for free. A wonderful resource for team communication is the "group feature." You quickly communicate with more than a hundred team members!

CONS

I would want to see certain things upgraded. I'll mention two Status: It seems unable to alter my status after a mistake. I would have to remove it and upload something fresh. This may be annoying, especially when I've organized a lot of entries in a specific sequence. Call-in conference. I can see the application's boundaries here. Not usually, the quality is excellent. Furthermore, it cannot be compared to similar goods that offer extra functions to enhance the user experience.

Reasons for switching to WhatsApp

WhatsApp has a larger fanbase and is more widely used among people, this caused me to switch, also most people I know use WhatsApp.

Sadiyya

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed April 2019

WhatsApp Review

PROS

I use WhatsApp religiously on a daily basis to stay in contact with my friends and family. One of the prominent features I really enjoy about this app is the accessibility to all my contacts who have the WhatsApp application downloaded. I am able to create groups and delete groups with the same or different contacts from my list- something that is really convenient especially when planning a birthday party for a friend who already belongs to one of your existing groups. Groups can also be personalized by adding a group icon that represents the members of the group, or you can even rename the group so for the next time you need to send a message to a certain group of friends you can do so by recalling the group name as opposed to searching for which members are in what group. Finally, although WhatsApp is a free application, there are NO ADVERTISEMENTS that pop up while the app is in use.

CONS

WhatsApps although it is a really great app, does have some flaws. One of the flaws I noted with WhatsApp is the inability to unsend messages. With the most recent update of the application, you are able to delete individual messages in a group or a single conversation, but it will leave a little notification notifying the other members that a message was deleted from the conversation. This kind of defeats the purpose as others members might wonder then why someone may have deleted messages. Another issue with WhatsApp is that there is a limitation to the size of the files which can be sent within messages. Within WhatsApp, you cannot send video files larger than 16 MB and/or documents which are larger than 100 MB. Finally, in order to even function WhatsApp, all your contacts require a contact number. So without a cellphone device, one cannot access WhatsApp unless they have a cellular device number.

Angel

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2022

It's ok for chatting and keeping touch. Barely more than that.

PROS

Whatsapp is a very useful tool for those who are in the need to keep in touch with partners, clients, or, why not, friends or family. It's really helpful when it comes to people who lives in countries where SMS texts cost fees per sending, because now you can live chat, send pictures, documents, videos, even videocall or call a person or a group of people for free whenever you're connected to a network or wi-fi. It's delivery system is also effective, so now you now when your text has been sent, when the other person has received it, and also, when he/she reads it (as long as those features are on) Calls or videocalls have good quality, and save you many fees on your phone credit. The way you can connect your Instagram profiles and Facebook Pages directly to Whatsapp gives communication a fastest dynamic and easy development.

CONS

As much as you can send files through the app, it has its limitations. So far, you can only send a max of 16mb per file, so it might be kind of trouble speaking of sending corporate files, or specific documents to your work team, clients, etc. Also, its such a pity that the only way you can add people on Whatsapp is through their phone number or QR Code. It'd be a lot easier if you could just have a username as other platforms do. Quality in pictures and videos mainly seems reduced in many cases. So its definitely not the best platform for sharing files.

Devyani

Banking, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Popular best messaging and client facing communication app

Overall, this app is brilliant for casual communication or for small business lead collection. I cannot use it for my professional clients as it is not that much capable on desktop app to share big files to client. Its great that they are improving the app to cope up with business needs with payment gateway and APIs for website's livechat.

PROS

I have seen every month updates from WhatsApp and its getting better and better everyday. I am using WhatsApp for business communication and I usually call my clients abroad which might cost me more if done through sim call but whatsapp saved my lots of money and time too. Even with whatsapp I can share my catalogue which I don't need to send everyone as it is available on my profile itself. Also, they have started payment gateway for business and people so that I can get all things needed for my business in one place..

CONS

Lots of time, I needed to send bigger files in zip or sometimes in pdf format but whatsapp don't allow drag drop for files more than 15 mb and even attaching them as document won't work because overall whatsapp restricts file size more than 25 mb. Desktop app make my system hangs many times if make it ideal for sometime. Even on browser based app takes lots of ram if used with chrome.

Reasons for switching to WhatsApp

Hike was full of spams and is not a proper communication app or messaging app. I have heard of whatsapp from friends and colleagues and started using it.

Stuart

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2019

A great multiplatform instant messenger

At work, we use a number of groups to coordinate with multiple offices around the globe in a quick and informal manner. It allows sharing of photos and videos for general distribution and fosters a sense of community among the team, even when they are on different continents. It also lends itself well to supporting customers, especially for shorter queries when a simple answer can be quickly typed on a phone. I also use WhatsApp personally and have found it to be my favourite instant messaging app.

PROS

WhatsApp has long been an extremely competent instant messaging app, which improved significantly with the introduction of end-to-end encryption. The UI is simple and clean and it is available on every major platform (and some not-so-major ones). The web and desktop versions work well and are great for typing longer messages or viewing and sharing media. They also help to mitigate the restriction of only having the app itself installed on one device simultaneously. The audio and video calling works well and is relatively economical on data. I have no complaints with the general operation of the app.

CONS

The backup function (very useful!) occasionally hangs and refuses to back up despite the correct settings and a working Internet connection. I believe it may be a security feature, but only being able to use WhatsApp on one device at a time feels limiting and can be frustrating for users with multiple devices. The web and desktop versions work by connecting to your phone and thus don't work if it has no Internet connection. This, I suspect, is for the same reason but it equally frustrating. The yearly 99p subscription disappeared a while ago, but on balance I think I would much rather pay that than have the company be owned by Facebook.

Osagumwenro Progress