Browse Streamyard Reviews

Jessa from A STELLAR CO

Works great for live streams

Overall, I really like this for livestream. I attended an event as a guest, and that's what made me decide to use for our business. Ultimately, we decided against live streaming for our business needs so we switched to using Zoom for recorded events. That was more about our business needs and convenience of scheduling guests (for example, recording a podcast, we had guests reschedule last minute, and it was inconvenient to promote live streams and recreate promo materials). I would, and continue to recommend to people looking for live stream. I really like their communications to users, too.

Pros

We have a podcast that we started doing video and did livestream for engagement. We really enjoyed the features and the ability to have a waiting room, show comments, type highlights/websites in real time. It was easy to use.

Cons

We had a few issues with guests joining on occasion (this was now 2 years ago though), so a slight learning curve on our end. And scheduling was not as easy as I've used on other streaming services, though I think more features have since been added.

Eirik from Practice Interviews

Great Streaming, Branding and Customizability - HORRIBLE LOGIN EXPERIENCE

I love StreamYard despite the login being a mess. We switched to StreamYard from Restream because we found that StreamYard had better branding options for our live streams, and we also wanted the option to add multiple people to our live streams easily. The services were the same price.

Pros

Things I like: - The flexibility you have with branding is impressive. You can select the styling for the live comments that come up during the stream. You can choose coloring options via HEX for most of the on-screen elements. And you can add your own logo and full-screen overlays to streams - The multi-person streaming feature is seamless. We have not used it yet, but plan to have live guests on our live streams in the future. - The private chat for guests of the live stream is wonderful

Cons

Things I dislike: - It would be nice to have an easier way to switch overlays during the live stream. The overlay selection is hidden in the branding menu, so when you are mid-stream and looking at comments, you have to click away from the comments tab and into the branding tab to change the full-screen overlay. - The single code login is excellent for solo operators, but for teams, it's HORRIBLE. I can't update our company Streamyard account settings unless I have the account owner login to their email and send their login code. What kind of app doesn't have an email/password login? And they don't have great team settings either!

Reasons for Switching to Streamyard

We found that StreamYard had better branding options for our live streams, and we also wanted the option to add multiple people to our live streams easily

Gabriele from kiro

Buona qualità, ma c'è di meglio a meno!

Pros

Qualità streaming, numero di piattaforme disponibili

Cons

Costo e abbonamento mensile/annuale, c'è di meglio ad un costo inferiore! Usabilità non così facile e non integrato con diverse piattaforme di streaming.

Più accessibilità e funzionalità

Renad from Soilava

Industry: Biotechnology

Efficient & REAL TIME!

I have quite enjoyed using StreamYard, I have been using this service for about 2 to 3 months now and I never faced an issue with streaming in fact it was one of the best streaming apps I have came to try and see so far! I am quite impressed by its ease of use as well as options when it comes to streaming! Thank YOU Streamyard!

Pros

I love how it allows me to show case videos to my viewers as well as be able to alternate between showcasing a video and talking to my viewers

Cons

As a first time user I would like to have more streaming time for an allocated time frame like 5 months and then I can be requested to pay I believe this would first of all make more users interested in using this service and it would make them develop a habit of using this website hence forcing them to pay for an unlimited fee, in my opinion.

Reasons for Switching to Streamyard

Streamlabs used to crash a lot and it didnt always work

Katie from The Harry Potter Alliance

Streamyard Review!

10/10, wonderful, I recommend it to everyone.

Pros

Streamyard is incredibly easy to use and does everything I want. We use it regularly for livestreams with near zero tech issues or lag. It's intuitive, clean, simple, and the price is excellent. It records well, it broadcasts easily to YouTube and Facebook, you can customize backgrounds and logos, the "backstage" is super easy to manage, chat works great, it's wonderful.

Cons

I mean, I love Streamyard and honestly do not have any complaints. You can only have ten guests at a time, so if you want to livestream more than that, you need to get creative, but also you don't want to have more than 10 people on a livestream at a time.

Reasons for Choosing Streamyard

It was more affordable and much more intuitive

Because Google stopped allowing multi-camera livestreams via Hangouts

Response from Streamyard

Replied May 2021

Thanks for your review, Katie. We love hearing that "StreamYard is incredibly easy to use and does everything I want." We have many users who have switched from OBS and find StreamYard more intuitive. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experiences! We are always releasing new features, so if you have any questions, please reach out any time. - Alana, Customer Experience Evangelist

Keziah from YFPA

The best Livestream software

I had a few issues with Streamyard at the beginning but as we continued using it, I realized that it got easier and better as we continued using it.

Pros

StreamYard is a very simple software to use, there's nothing complicated about it. At the organization, we run many live stream sessions especially during the lockdown and that's when we discovered Streamyard which we found to be a really cool software and never looked back since then. We loved how it integrates well with almost if not all social media platforms and it can run on two different social media platforms at the same time which makes it very easy for us in our streams. In my personal Youtube channel, I used streamyard a couple of times in hosting guests to my channel virtually and I loved it, even more, the ability to add more co-hosts to the live was really great plus it automatically records the sessions.

Cons

I really don't have any cons for this software as they have kept on improving the software and made it better and easier for us to use.

Reasons for Switching to Streamyard

It takes a lot of time to set up and use this software compared to streamyard.

James from The Consulting Launchpad

A great streaming tool for beginners!

I had a few glitches and bugs but I think it was either because of my internet connection or because the Live feature on LinkedIn was so new. Otherwise, it's a great tool for beginning streamers and it does what you need.

Pros

The main reason I liked Streamyard so much was because it was offered as a native integration through LinkedIn Live which is where I wanted to start streaming once I got approved.

Cons

The freemium features are quite restrictive. I wanted to broadcast my streams to LinkedIn, Facebook and Zoom and to do that, you have to have a paid subscription.

Reasons for Choosing Streamyard

It seemed easier to use and was a native integration offered by LinkedIn Live where I wanted to start streaming.

Response from Streamyard

Replied May 2021

Thanks for your review, James. You're not alone in wanting paid plan features for FREE. We get this question often. At this time, cloud video processing is still quite costly, and this is why our FREE plan is restricted to one destination. We absorb this cost because we know money can be tight when you're just starting out, and we want to help creators, change-makers and businesses share their message and grow their community. We know video is THE best way to do this. Cloud video processing is still a really young industry. We hope that as it matures (and as we grow) we can offer more destinations on the FREE plan. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experiences! Keep in touch as you grow your reach with video. - Alana, Customer Experience Evangelist

Kimberly from OneUniversal Media

Industry: Publishing

StreamYard streaming is streamlined!

Overall, it works for FREE for personal use, but it would not be good for a business--like for me, I would like to integrate the HeySummit platform with it and it is not possible (currently). Certainly, there is NO concern however that it does what is currently designed to do--and the UI allows for facility in usage for the non-streaming expert--which we ALL are at first.

Pros

StreamYard does EXACTLY what you need it to do on a shoestring budget. It's costs are upfront and not fickled, which is why I utilized it-- to see if my purchased ltd software (see below) was a good buy. I effectively used it with my Facebook page...seamless! I signed up on the site with YouTube and Twitter accounts, too. All were there (xcept Instagram).

Cons

I wasn't so pleased with the little things. It was a bit grainy (but that could be any software...even Zoom). Its cost is lower than the others, but it does not integrate with as many other tools, either.

Reasons for Choosing Streamyard

Be.Live has too many flaws still. It states it works a certain way, but does the bait and switch. Videolinq is still quite new to me. I prefer the pricing method of StreamYard than the calculations that Videolinq uses to price its services. Also, StreamYards UI is preferable. One can just get started and STREAMcast immediately. I may hold on to Videolinq for future uses as it can be integrated...even with StreamYard!

Response from Streamyard

Replied March 2021

Thanks Kimberly for taking the time to write this review. I love that you have found us to be your solution. You mentioned that you were interested in having StreamYard integrate with more services, I'd love to meet with you and learn more (Contact info sent privately). -Daniel.

Daniel from Nextupasia

Generally I would say the best live streaming app but there are as good options with cheaper cost

Overall it is great. I think we like it a lot for a lot of virtual live events. I wished then it has more layouts that my members can switch around

Pros

I love how easy it is to use streamyard. Maybe this was one of the first app that I use for livestreaming but it was generally super easy to use and all my guest didn't have much issue connecting.

Cons

I think there is some limitation to the layout which I prefer in other softwares. Maybe also the costing

Reasons for Switching to Streamyard

I wanted something lightweight and ease of use for my virtual guest.

December 2021

John from Doublesided

December 2021

Excellent for interviews and live streaming to multiple platforms easily

The devs add new features regularly which I'm really pleased about. You can now stream from your ipad too, which is amazing!

Pros

Such a well designed, snappy and slick interface. Everything is buttery smooth, which you really want when live streaming. You don't want to press the wrong control, and Streamyard presents everything clearly.

Cons

Not very much to complain about. They are generous with their free plan. If you want to record your stream for your podcast, you must upgrade, but the price is reasonable.

Yann from 360 Entrepreneur

Industry: Online Media

A solid solution for live streaming

Pros

I have used Streamyard as both the host and organizer of live streams, as well as the guest of one-on-one interviews and roundtable conversations, and I have to say that the platform's stability is something that stands out. There's no doubt that your internet connection plays a key role in this but Streamyard does come across as a reliable platform for all kinds of live streams on different social media platforms (I'm excited to start using it for LinkedIn Live too!). Of everything that Streamyard brings to the table, there are a couple of features I'm a big fan of. Firstly, there's the clean dashboard, which makes for a smooth and straightforward user experience. Whether you're the one in charge of everything or you're getting invited to participate in a conversation, Streamyard basically takes you by the hand every step of the way. Then, there are its engagement features. You can put audience members in the spotlight by highlighting some of their questions or comments – you can also use this feature to put emphasis on something you'd like people to take action on.

Cons

There are a couple of things I'm not crazy about, but this has more to do with what's included (or not included) in certain plans. At the moment of me writing this review, you won't be able to do Full HD streams nor multistream (so have your live stream be distributed and streamed across different social media platforms at the same time) unless you're ready to spend a few hundred dollars per month.

Response from Streamyard

Replied May 2021

Thanks for your review, Yann. We love hearing that "StreamYard's stability is something that stands out." And, please have another look at our pricing plans: you do NOT need to spend a few hundred dollars per month! You can produce Full HD streams and multi-stream with our Professional plan, which is $39/month USD (when billed annually.) Or, multi-stream (up to 3 destinations) with our Basic ($20/month USD) plan. - Alana, Customer Experience Evangelist

Dustin from Johnston Community College

StreamYard simply delivers. Great product for most live streaming use-cases.

StreamYard is extremely intuitive and gets your live stream off the ground quickly. I have a background in live-event video and have used 16 channel multi M/E switchers, this does similar and often times more at literal pennies on the dollar. This product is a really great mix of online meeting software and a virtual ATEM.

Pros

StreamYard is extremely intuitive for switching video and M/E. I am super impressed that this is all browser-based. The ability to integrate 10 users and seen charing into a single live stream is incredible. StreamYard also has super smooth switching and transitions for lower thirds, general M/E, and PiP. This integrates perfectly with FB and YouTube - even setting up live events and premiers. Setting up custom RTMP feeds is yet another great feature.

Cons

Within the PiP features, I am unable to determine which person is to be maximized if multiple people are on screen - it seems to work left to right in your queue but that is determined solely based on the order people login. There should be multiple views for the back-end, there should be a switcher view and a "zoom call" multi-person view for everyone else. Everyone being able to see the back-end switching is often distracting. There should also be more broad API integration with other applications, e.g. Twitch. I know this can be achieved in the custom RTMP feeds but that is an unnecessary hassle in a fast-paced environment. The company should create templates for backgrounds based on the number of participants as the size and positions shift depending on how many participants are on the stream. The media player maximums (length and file size) should also be expanded - currently, the video playback feature has a very small size (100mb I believe) and is limited to 1 minute

Response from Streamyard

Replied March 2021

Thanks for your review, Dustin. We strive to keep StreamYard simple and easy to use while powering professional-looking streams and it looks we have succeeded in this. As for providing media player and additional video playback options: you'll be very pleased to hear these features have been enhanced and there are no limits to size or length. Also, we can probably do a better job of showing users this often missed layout PiP function > you can drag and drop the person you want featured, when multiple people are on screen. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experiences! We are always releasing new features, so if you have any questions, please reach out any time. - Alana, Customer Experience Evangelist

Christian from Social Chefs

Easy Live Streaming Software That Grows With My Business!

Pros

I like how easy StreamYard is to use. They don't overcomplicate the need to have lots of additional hardware. Everything just works.

Cons

The onboarding process could be improved. This way I don't miss out on some of the tips and tricks as a new user.

Reasons for Choosing Streamyard

Cost, feature set, and ease of use. As the host of the longest running live social media marketing talk show, Social Chatter, we were tired of switching between software (because features were missing, they didn't work well, etc).

Reasons for Switching to Streamyard

StreamYard offered better features that Restream did not. The cost was also a big deciding factor.

Response from Streamyard

Replied November 2020

Thank you, Christian, for taking the time to review StreamYard. I appreciate your feedback regarding the onboarding process, we could definitely do better. In fact, we are growing our support and marketing teams with the goal of providing better coaching and education to our users. I'd love your feedback on the materials we create for you when we release them during the next few months. Glad to have you as a customer. - Daniel.

Heather from Heather Danielle LLC

**Best Streaming Service, Period***

Ever since I've been introduced to Streamyard, I've been able to go LIVE with more ease. Using this software has brought a certain level of professionalism to my business, and has allowed me to share screens that get more clients involved, have guest speakers, different layouts for the speakers, and it is just so easy to use.

Pros

Streamyard is easy to use, allows you to go LIVE in multiple places at once. This blew my mind, and has helped me reach more people without putting in the extra time. I do LOVE how when I schedule a broadcast, it shows it on my Facebook page all professional looking. It's easy to invite guests on, screen sharing is easy peasy, and you can see comments from any source that you're streaming to. Hands down, the best thing I've gotten for my business. Only regret, not using it sooner.

Cons

Streamyard only allows you to schedule a LIVE 7 days in advance. This creates issues because I have to constantly go back in and schedule my LIVE even though I do it at the same time, same day every single week.

Reasons for Switching to Streamyard

I was just going LIVE on Facebook, but recently they started making it more difficult. You needed to download their software (on my laptop) that was free, or I had to buy another software. This was ridiculous. And every time I had a guest on via FB Live, the quality wasn't good. The layout looked odd. However, one of my guests told me about Streamyard, and I've been hooked ever since.

Response from Streamyard

Replied May 2021

Thanks for your review, Heather! We love hearing "Hands down, the best thing I've gotten for my business!" We strive to keep StreamYard simple and easy to use while powering professional-looking streams and it looks we have succeeded in this. I'll share your recommendation for scheduling a "recurring" live show automatically. You're not alone in wanting this! Let us know if there's anything else we can do to make your experience even better. - Alana, Customer Experience Evangelist

Curry from Johnston Community College

The absolute easiest way to stream virtual events

Overall, Streamyard is the best live-streaming option currently available that I have ever worked with. With options to use professional cameras, or just making webcams look much higher quality with smooth transitions, lower thirds, overlays, and easily added video make it a bar above the rest. It's also affordable, easy to learn, and works for most avenues where you can stream. A few technical hiccups here and there in design are not enough to deter me from recommending this to everyone.

Pros

Streamyard is a wonderful option for live-streaming what would otherwise be a simple Zoom event or Skype call. The professional transitions between layouts, ease of customizing your "brand" content and adding features has never been so user friendly in my opinion. Adding and removing users from the stream, changing views, and hosting content is so easy, my company is using it multiple times a month. At a very affordable price, in a COVID world, this is a fantastic option for making better use of live-streaming to multiple avenues like YouTube, Facebook, and Twitch. It even has an option to use RTMP servers for lesser know sites, such as MixCloud, that works to wonderful effect! I cannot recommend this enough to someone who wants to begin to stream yet is fearful of programs like OBS.

Cons

By far, the most infuriating aspect of Streamyard is how it's limited to ten users per stream, including whoever is moderating/switching behind the scenes. This will always need to be clearly communicated to your team and can be a problem when trying to plan certain events. If they could figure out a way to expand this somehow, it would skyrocket the use for it in large-scale events. Additionally, some of Streamyard's transitions from video or overlays could use some smoothing out, as they are sudden or abrupt. I also would like to see physical switcher implementation as well as more options for transitions and branding.

Response from Streamyard

Replied March 2021

Thanks for your review, Curry. We strive to keep StreamYard simple and easy to use while powering professional-looking streams and it looks we have succeeded in this. As for more production team collaboration, behind-the-scenes; and more speakers and people on screen... You're going to love what's coming up in 2021! Thanks again for taking the time to share your experiences! We are always releasing new features, so if you have any questions, please reach out any time. - Alana, Customer Experience Evangelist

Nicholas from The Duomo Initiative

As easy as it gets for a streaming platform

Right now we are very happy with it and would not consider changing as there's really no reason to. It does everything we need, it saves us a lot of time and it's at a very reasonable cost.

Pros

It's really convenient for starting a live stream, especially on YouTube Live. You press a button, enter a title and you're up and running. We used to use desktop streaming software more, but it wasn't as convenient and straightforward as Streamyard.

Cons

There aren't so many features for on-screen elements. The most popular desktop software for streaming allows for a lot more customisation, whereas Streamyard is easier to use but lacks the customisation (for good reason really).

Marlys from Exhibit Marketers Cafe

StreamYard makes it easy to feel like I have my own TV show!

This is such a fantastic tool! By having the paid plan, I can customize with my logo, background, and other elements. I can even set up multiple brand templates, depending on which event I'm broadcasting. I also love being able to simulcast to both Facebook and YouTube (plus the plan I'm on allows for a third one, and the upgraded plan has even more). They also have a great online community. I mean how many software companies host a weekly Town Hall for their users?

Pros

The first time I used StreamYard, I felt it was pretty intuitive to learn, and really improved my broadcasts over going live natively. But what really makes it a winner is how easy it is for my guests to join a broadcast. Just a couple of clicks, and they're in the green room, ready to go on camera. We can then have a quick backstage chat before we go live.

Cons

There were a few bumps in the beginning, like a couple of times when I ended up sounding like a robot. But it was likely due to issues with my Internet access. Unfortunately, I was too much of a rookie to know how to fix it while on the air (if I even could have). However I haven't run into those issues for a long time.

Response from Streamyard

Replied May 2021

Thanks for your review, Marlys. We strive to keep StreamYard simple and easy to use while powering professional-looking streams and it looks we have succeeded in this. Love hearing that it's easy for your guests to join the green room. (That's one of our favorite features too!) Thanks again for taking the time to share your experiences! We are always releasing new features, so if you have any questions, please reach out any time. - Alana, Customer Experience Evangelist

A good option for online streaming

Pros

StreamYard is the best option for effort less online streaming. It does not requires for us to setup tne streaming environment. As it is a web application it does not requires anything. Totally beginner friendly and one click setup.

Cons

It consumes a lot of RAM so I wouldn't recommend it for game streaming but for youtube lives and podcasts it is the best.

Reasons for Switching to Streamyard

Requires alot of setup and efforts.

Greg from Launch Cart

The Best I Have Ever Used!

Pros

I have been live streaming online for over 10 years. Streamyard is the best!!! I have never had to reach out to support and it has never glitched. I have done well over 100 live streams and never a problem!

Cons

That I can use multiple cameras, which is NOT needed but would be cool!

Reasons for Switching to Streamyard

Multiple live streams and switching like a tv show.

Response from Streamyard

Replied March 2021

Thanks for your review, Greg. We strive to keep StreamYard simple and easy to use while powering professional-looking streams and it looks we have succeeded in this. As for using multiple cameras... you can! Reach out and we'll show you how. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experiences! We are always releasing new features, so if you have any questions, please reach out any time. - Alana, Customer Experience Evangelist

Kelly from Chellejon Paper Bead Rollers

StreamYard is so easy, even my husband can do it!

The software solved the problem of needing people to jump on and off a stream easily. It's so easy that nobody seems to have issues using it. I highly recommend Streamyard.

Pros

We use StreamYard to conduct a weekly live stream to my husband's YouTube subscribers. We have people jumping on and off during the stream to show their drag racing car setups, people asking questions in the chat, and special guests. It's easy for him to share his screen and switch back and forth between people who are talking. It's also easy for the members to use the Streamyard link to jump on when they want to share something. We love this product! I have also used it in my business to simulstream to both YouTube and Facebook at the same time. Works like a charm!

Cons

There really aren't any cons to this product.

Response from Streamyard

Replied March 2021

Thanks for your review, Kelly. We love to hear that it's easy for your husband, as the show host; you, as the producer; and especially, for your drag racing community to join and share! We strive to keep StreamYard simple and easy to use while powering professional-looking streams and it looks we have succeeded in this. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experiences! We are always releasing new features, so if you have any questions, please reach out any time. - Alana, Customer Experience Evangelist

I Love Streaming with Streamyard

Overall its a very good software that I have been using for a while and will continue to use.

Pros

I really like that this software allows social media integration. I find it much easier to use than most social media live options and the option to add my cohosts and making sure we don't have any technical issues prior to starting the live session and a great feature.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that sometimes I'm not able to see comments until after my session is complete.

Sarah from ConfidencePerformance

Good streaming service for an affordable price!

I use Streamyard a lot, and it always works to perfection! Sets the bar high!!

Pros

It was easy to use and helped me grow my business! I could stream on multiple social media platforms to grow my audience! Just Superb.

Cons

The quality only goes up to 720p which is still good, but would be nice if it went to 1080p at least!

Reasons for Choosing Streamyard

I like the logo :) Very cool duck. Ducks are actually very underrated animals. They have wings to search for food but can also float on the water. They're wings are waterproof but still light enough to fly. Very cool animal. It was also easy to use which is always a bonus.

JR Nonato II from Newcore Industries

Best solution for streaming when you're remote

Streamyard solved our need to do streaming remotely. Instead of having to use a video conferencing product + streaming software, this combines both into one.

Pros

Streamyard is very easy to use. The interface is beginner-friendly -- very intuitive, even for people who are not used to streaming software. Love that it's all in the cloud -- so even if I get dropped out, people who are in the room can still push through with the stream. It's also not dependent on 1 person's connectivity. Easy as well to put in text (while live) and pull out comments from social media.

Cons

Wish there was a pricing structure that will accommodate for less frequent users who would like the PRO option.

Janae from The HP Alliance Inc

There's Nothing Else Like It

Pros

I still can't believe StreamYard does all it does at this price point. We run frequent livestreams and online conferences, and being able to link guests directly to an in-browser studio with built in, easy to use production tools has made our whole lives better. It looks fantastic, our guests almost never have a problem figuring it out, and it's been extremely reliable.

Cons

StreamYard's single biggest missing feature is captioning or a way to pull captions into the system easily. It's really the only thing that we wish was built in.

Reasons for Switching to Streamyard

We switched from YouTube Life after they stopped allowing for multiple guests in their built-in system.

Response from Streamyard

Replied May 2021

Thanks for your review, Janae. We love to hear that your online conferences and livestreams are successful with the help of StreamYard's production tools! There are a couple of captioning options on the market, depending on the destination(s) you are streaming to. Please reach out to our support team, as they can help you find one that fits your needs and budget. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experiences! We are always releasing new features, so if you have any questions, please reach out any time. - Alana, Customer Experience Evangelist

Liran from eXelate, A Nielsen Company

I love it for it's ease of use. Hopefully more features to come in!

Love it and streamyard will always be my first choice for an independent streaming platform. Although, if you need anything else, like a complete conference/event management platform, then look elsewhere (such as Hopin, it's parent company).

Pros

StreamYard is hands-down the most easy to use live streaming studio you can have. Both for your own needs, as well as for guests joining. It's simple, like *really* simple to schedule and run events. Controls for changing scenes, heads-up-display comments, branding background and overlays is also very easy to do. Just upload a file, prepare these in advance, and click them to show up.

Cons

Some features that I would have loved to have are still missing, but hopefully they can be added soon with the recent Hopin acquisition: the ability to live stream 2 or more screen sharing sessions. At the moment, it's only possible to display just 1 screen share at a time. The other issue is that you can't choose who to show up in the single person layout, and it usually defaults to the person who was first on the stream (the host). What you end up doing as a workaround is removing yourself (the host) from the stream, and then it focuses on the remaining person (the other person, the guest). The other thing I'd like to really see in StreamYard is a marketplace of visuals. Visuals play a key role in streams, in the form of background, overlays, animations, and so on. Yet you end up having to search and buy on the web, then upload to StreamYard.

Jason from Red Mill Creative Inc.

Quick and easy out of the box solution for live streaming

Pros

It's so easy to use, stream live to the platforms we need and bring guests on. No additional software required.

Cons

We have an additional camera we use and it causes feedback and noise when we have an in-person guest. Works great otherwise. This is likely something the software wasn't designed for, but we can't actually turn off audio all the way on the device.

Reasons for Choosing Streamyard

It just worked out of the box. Easy to set up and use.

Josh from The Small Things

Industry: Fund-Raising

Saved our fundraising campaigns in 2020 and 2021

When COVID hit, the in-person events that we hold in the US, fundraising for our nonprofit in Tanzania, were immediately unviable and we were facing the real possibility that our income would take a nosedive for the year. Streamyard saved our bacon - we were able to pivot these events over to online, branded fundraisers and Streamyard was a pivotal part of the process. We like it so much that we'll continue to run these events into the future!

Pros

Streamyard isn't a complicated, feature-rich bloated piece of software. It does one thing - livestreaming to social media - and it does it incredibly well. It's user friendly, the support team are fantastic, and it absolutely is worth the money for the extra customisation features.

Cons

There were a small few glitches or improvements that we noticed when we first started using Streamyard in mid 2020, but these were quickly ironed out. We have nothing but good to say about the software.

Rukundo from Talanta Institute

Streamyard is the best streaming software in the market

It's a really great software to use during this lockdown especially because you can have their guests go live in the show.

Pros

It's easy to set up and use. Streamyard makes it easy for one to host guests to a show, without them necessarily being present physically. One can share their screen as the live stream is ongoing. It automatically saves the live streams. You can go live on multiple platforms ie facebook, youtube etc at the same time.

Cons

It can be hard for the host to monitor their sound during the recording, hence one is not sure if they're being heard or they are too loud, etc.

Reasons for Switching to Streamyard

Vimix does not allow one to host someone else virtually in the show.

Response from Streamyard

Replied May 2021

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience as a videographer, Rukundo. We strive to keep StreamYard simple and easy to use while powering professional-looking streams and it looks we have succeeded in this. - Alana, Customer Experience Evangelist

Andrés J from Innovintergy Consulting

The basic stream solution for beginners

It was a wonderful experience when I started doing streaming. They make it easy and non-threatening for beginners. But for the same reason, when I necedad to step-up, I had to look elsewhere.

Pros

It starts at $0, so you can't beat the price. It's so easy to use for basic streaming if you are just starting, it's an easy decision. Plus, the paid plans are not expensive, so if you need it, it's easy to upgrade to a paid plan.

Cons

It's too basic. Once you learn to use it or need something better, you need to look somewhere else. This was my case and I felt like I had outgrown Streamyard.

Reasons for Choosing Streamyard

The free price and the intuitive interface got my attention. I was able to create my first streaming in just a few minutes.

Cher from Holton Consulting Group, Inc.

Much easier than I expected! Versatile and powerful tool

I resisted using Sgreamyard, thinking it would be very difficult to learn. Boy was I wrong! I started using it as part of a Livestream Challenge, and love it. The free version has lots of hefty features, so for the average user that may be sufficient. I am going with the first tier paid version so I can switch out backgrounds for my green screen, add my own logo, and livestream to several places at once (i.e., Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube). I am really impressed with the ease and quality of this tool!

Pros

The learning curve is fairly easy, especially since they provide excellent tutorials; You can work in the "studio" ahead of time to get everything set up; Exceptional quality with the video and sound; I love how easy it is to add banners with urls, calls to action, and other info Nice to do a FB Live and be able to bring people on the screen with you -- and show chat comments to everyone. You can download the videos and use them in multiple ways.

Cons

So far I have not found a way to mirror yourself -- so it feels backward when I am recording! (Do not try to smooth your hair!! Hahaha!)

Reasons for Choosing Streamyard

This was the product recommended as part of a Livestream Challenge I participated in -- and I am so grateful!

Punit from Johnston Community College

Best, easiest and works GREAT for live streaming!

Overall i would highly recommend StreamYard. Really excited to see how the product will keep growing in the future. Planning to stay long term with StreamYard.

Pros

Setting up and streaming live to multiple destinations made super easy and time efficient. Most importantly you can brand your streams professionally really easy. The ease of customizing brand content literally has never been so user friendly in my viewpoint. Custom RTMP outputs is a huge plus for me. Display of comments is a great way to interact.

Cons

I wish there were keyboard shortcuts for control functions. I wish the number of users per streams would be higher it could be used to stream mid to large events. More integrations would definitely help as well.

Response from Streamyard

Replied March 2021

Thanks for your review, Punit. We strive to keep StreamYard simple and easy to use while powering professional-looking streams and it looks we have succeeded in this. We are really excited to see what integrations and features are released to support mid to large events, as well. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experiences! We are always releasing new features, so if you have any questions, please reach out any time. - Alana, Customer Experience Evangelist

Geoff from Makati Medical Center

Streamyard for Facebook Vodcasts

The use of this app made my life as a communications officer easier. Especially that we hold the vodcast regularly. The administration of each episode becomes seamless and appears more professional compared to Zoom.

Pros

This is really helpful in our monthly Facebook vodcasts. As an administrator, we can maximize the chances to market our brand through its features, especially that we got the Pro version. Unlike with Zoom, you can manipulate the windows (camera setups, branding, etc.), similar to a real video streaming setup. Transitions are also made easier through this app.

Cons

It is very minimal. But since this app is being used in our organization, we have a number of administrators who access this. In terms of security, the login history is kept in the hardware (e.g. several desktops) used.

Reasons for Switching to Streamyard

Producing a vodcast, while streaming it through Facebook, does not seem professional and seamless. It also limits the administrator or user in terms of branding.

LaShawndra from Johnston Community College

Industry: Fund-Raising

StreamYard Review

This platform allows our virtual events to still feel engaging and professional!

Pros

It allows the production of virtual events to look sharp and sleek - top grade professional look, yet easy to use.

Cons

It's worked well, but it is not compatible with Zoom so both platforms function at the same time.

Response from Streamyard

Replied March 2021

Thanks for your review, LaShawndra. We love hearing that StreamYard is helping you reach your fund-raising goals! As for Zoom compatibility, let us know what your goals are. We might have a solution coming out that's just what you are looking for. If you have any questions, please reach out any time. - Alana, Customer Experience Evangelist

Melody Kay from Marikina Foursquare Gospel Church

Easy streaming especially with remote attendees

Because of Streamyard, we've been able to stream via our social media channels with no issues and featuring co-hosts that are remotely located. This is especially important during this season.

Pros

Really great tool to stream via Youtube or Facebook with remote co-hosts. Instead of having to set-up Zoom or other software, the remote co-host can just go straight to the link and join in an instant. No fussy signups and set-ups needed. Quick and easy. And the fact that it's all happening via cloud and utilizing different people's Internet connectivity makes it more reliable than our usual way of streaming.

Cons

None, really. Even the free version has almost all the features that you need to stream well. Logo placement is understandable.

Derrick from Johnston Community College

User Friendly

VERY User friendly

Pros

StreamYard is an AWESOME platform to virtually engage your audience in a polished high quality manner. It's VERY user friendly and easy to use.

Cons

I don't have any improvements at this time.

Response from Streamyard

Replied March 2021

Thanks for your review, Derrick. We strive to keep StreamYard simple and easy to use while powering professional-looking streams and it looks we have succeeded in this. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experiences! We are always releasing new features, so if you have any questions, please reach out any time. - Alana, Customer Experience Evangelist

dave from Dave Bedson Event Productions

Love Streamyard

We love stream yard and enjoy using it. It's easy to use and quick to pick up by any of the team

Pros

Great for streaming with multiple participants from different locations. Great quality and able to broadcast to multiple places at once.

Cons

I dislike the length limit on uploaded videos - We often need to easily playback longer videos from within the system.

Paola (Pah-OH-La) from MIRADVISORS LLC

Very easy to use and saves a lot of time

I am saving a lot of time by being able to stream to 3 platforms at once. I also like that you are able to go to the actual post after you go live with just a click of a button.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. I can live stream to 3 different sources at once

Cons

The price. I wish it was cheaper. Otherwise I am very happy

Response from Streamyard

Replied May 2021

Thanks for your review, Paola. We strive to keep StreamYard simple and easy to use while powering professional-looking streams and it looks we have succeeded in this. - Alana, Customer Experience Evangelist

Great and Easy Live Streaming Platform

The learning curve for StreamYard is very short. StreamYard is so easy to use that it's almost plug and play. It's a tremendous option to consider if you're new to streaming.

Pros

StreamYard is very easy to use. The StreamYard studio may be the most intuitive live broadcasting studio I've used. It's easy to switch screens, share screens, and display comments.

Cons

The StreamYard account dashboard is a bit too barebones for me. It would be nice to have a section within StreamYard's live studio or dashboard that shows what features they've recently added.

Response from Streamyard

Replied December 2020

Thanks for your review. We strive to keep StreamYard simple and easy to use while powering professional-looking streams and it looks we have succeeded in this. As for providing you with information of new features, we agree, it will be very valuable and we will implement this within a few short months. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experiences! Feel free to reach out any time. -Daniel.

Derek from GuitarraMX

Great for entry level

Used Streamyard as a first option and was very happy with it. Great support and features. Found something else that fit my needs.

Pros

Great if you want to stream to multiple channels.

Cons

Lacks features regarding other products and the logo for the free trial is very annoying.

Josefvon from Johnston Community College

Stream Yard Gets The Job Done

Pros

The ability to connect with your audience through streamYard's functionality is invaluable. In this new normal that we are all experiencing it makes conveying information affordable and reasonable on your budget. With its ease of use you will be having professional productions in no time that will leave your colleagues in awe.

Cons

At this time there have been no issues with the software.

Response from Streamyard

Replied March 2021

Thanks for your review, Josefvon. We love to hear that your colleagues are in awe! We strive to keep StreamYard simple and easy to use while powering professional-looking streams and it looks we have succeeded in this. Thanks again for taking the time to share your experiences! We are always releasing new features, so if you have any questions, please reach out any time. - Alana, Customer Experience Evangelist

Jorge from DO IT Internacional

It gets the job done, not much more

Since Google removed the Hangouts on Air functionality, it became somewhat hard to stream a videocall of several people to Youtube and that's when Streamyard came to the rescue making it achievable by just anyone with basic tech abilities.

Pros

It's really simple to integrate with your social networks accounts and it makes streaming something effortless. It even has a pretty functional free plan, enough for most needs, actually.

Cons

Awful design, interfaces, logo and overall look of their app/service. Also, sometimes we have audio problems which we attribute to Streamyard, since that doesn't happen when having videocalls using another service, it's just that we can't stream from those services.

Juan from Juan on One Coaching, LLC

Simple to use and Quality Outcome

I haven't played with all the available streaming tools but I consider Streamyard the top one for new entrants to the live streaming world. Especially if they aren't tech savvy. Anyone can figure this out. And what's cool is that it can scale with you with the paid plans.

Pros

I have played mostly with the Free version of the tool. It took me less than 10 minutes to figure out how to use the live streaming functions and connect the accounts. It's very intuitive and requires little explanation. I believe the free plan gives everything necessary to have quality streams for any type of business starting to do live video streaming.

Cons

Would have been awesome to have more than one streaming platform at a time in the free plan but I understand the limit. Something the wasn't as clear was how many video feeds can present and how to quickly invite them in. Also, maybe a higher limit of co-participants would be cool for panel discussions. Maybe this has to do with having a focus on webinar style presentations rather than group discussions

Alyssa from Keep the Adventure Alive

Streamyard is convenient to use when it comes to going live on social media platforms with guests. I would recommend it!

Pros

This software is very easy to use and share with guests. I primarily use it to go live on facebook and youtube. It is simple and only requires a few steps to get working which I love.

Cons

The quality is not always the best. I had an interview with a woman who was blurry for at least 50% of the interview and really detracted from the message. Even when I downloaded it, the quality was still like that. I know there are other softwares that do help to clean up the quality more than this one.

Mil from MEG Digital

StreamYard Experience

Using streamyard has helped me to create different livestream image concept and also to share the experience with others for them to use, specially the easy use.

Pros

I like the wide option for group livestream chat that StreamYard provides. I also like the new feature to add videos straight from your computer or any other source to be able to present the in the livestream video.

Cons

I did not like that I was unable to share recorded videos to share during the livestream as other livestream platforms do but now that it is integrated there's not much to dislike about StreamYard platform.

Great

Pros

Very easy to use especially when it comes to live streams involving guests. There is a lot of room for customization (being able to change the description, adding in your own branding etc).

Cons

The price can hike up very quickly if you want to broadcast more than 720p quality but even then, it's still pretty competitive compared to other software.

Response from Streamyard

Replied May 2021

Thanks for your review, Anonymous. We strive to keep StreamYard simple and easy to use while powering professional-looking streams and it looks we have succeeded in this. - Alana, Customer Experience Evangelist

Jesus from Inmobarrios

Perfecto para emitir online en redes sociales

Conocimos Streamyard a través de una recomendación de un compañero y nos encantó. Al principio utilizamos la versión gratuita, hasta que ampliamos a una de las versiones básicas para ampliar las funcionalidades.

Pros

Tiene muchas opciones para editar el streaming. Puedes crear mensajes predefinidos y pincharlos durante la emisión, así como mostrar los comentarios que se producen en las redes

Cons

De momento no hemos encontrado puntos negativos. Cumple a la perfección con lo que necesitamos para nuestro negocio.

April from April Ockerman

Industry: Ranching

A great software for live streaming

It was a great experience and a item that’s on my list to reuse in the future.

Pros

The fact that it has a great free trial and the fact that you can talk to your audience in perfect timing.

Cons

The price for upgrading and the fact there there can be some glitches when trying to give permissions.