Browse XSplit Broadcaster Reviews

Hugo from MochilaGames

Industry: Computer Games

Easy as pressing a button

I was having a problem with another livestream program, as it was not able to use all the power of my processor, so I decided to buy the xsplit which besides taking good advantage of my processor surprised me by being lighter than the old one that I used which helped a lot in the gain of fps in games that I do streaming.

Pros

XSplit Broadcaster was one of the few livestream programs that was really easy and intuitive to set up, without requiring any knowledge anyone who wants to do livestream will be able to use it, even having a computer with basic settings.

Cons

The only thing missing for him to be perfect and have more addons in the app store.

Reasons for Switching to XSplit Broadcaster

Because the OBS couldn't use my processor well when it was released at the time, and still can't.

steven from tesla

XSplit Broadcasting with twitch and you

XSplit Broadcaster has features that can help you create great streams to Twitch and other services such as Facebook and Youtube. I had my doubts at first. But have to admit using this is a better option for the beginner streamer/gamer/media content creator.

Pros

The Ability to craft your own title and tags for ease of search. The list of compatible technology that integrates with the software and the amount of data servers there are to help accommodate your needs when streaming whether on wifi or on a ethernet connection, XSplit is a wonder at ease to use for your Podcast, Game streaming, reviewer needs and wants.

Cons

I am not sure that there are many cons to this software. Maybe one thing that is disappointing about the program is the lack of customization. There is software out there like OBS that allow for graphic additions, sounds, scrolling marquee for promotionals.

Reasons for Choosing XSplit Broadcaster

For exposure, to get a little more experience with video streaming and editing while tooling around with Gaming Streams and Podcasting with others.

Reasons for Switching to XSplit Broadcaster

It was a easier to use interface, the instructions were clear and concise. There is a community out there that is helpful without the toxic abuse from other communities.

December 2021

Dion from Spindle

December 2021

Well built but expensive.

Pros

XSplit has been a gold standard for me since my earlier days of livestreaming. It always worked as intended and has really nice grafhical buttons and layouts.

Cons

Xsplit compared to other programs uses quite a lot of CPU usage. Which is fine for running it alone but multitasking with multiple programs can slow down your PC dramatically. Not saying it's bad but I feel like it needs a little bit more of optimising. Also compared to competition it's pricey. OBS is free and offers the same if not more features.

Simple but effective

The software worked great for the two years we used it.

Pros

This software was simple to get up and running. We were able to use it quickly without a lot of time spent adjusting settings.

Cons

We felt that the features of this software were not as advanced as they could be for the investment.

XSplit is OK for streaming, but where it really shines is video recording for trailer production

I've been looking for a reliable video capture software to capture footage of video games that I am developing, to edit into trailers. Video resolution, fixed frame rate capture, file size and quality were my main concerns.

Pros

XSplit runs smooth and quietly when used for high res, high framerate video capture. It can handle 2k and 4k recordings without hiccups and with a small file size. Video quality is fantastic.

Cons

The streaming features and overlay features are lacking customisation options, though I don't really use the software for that.

Reasons for Choosing XSplit Broadcaster

Other tools like fraps don't work well with high res footage capture, and the files are insanely large when it comes to editing. OBS is a great free tool for flexible streaming features, though the recorded video quality isn't up to scratch, and the files are too large.

Reasons for Switching to XSplit Broadcaster

Fraps is poorly optimised for capturing high res (2k and 4k) footage. The program often crashes or provides a black screen output, and the file sizes generated are enormous.

Michael from Whitehall Central School District

XSplit is an excellent streaming broadcast platform.

When we use XSplit, it's usually for 2 types of events. #1 - We record and broadcast over the internet a locally hosted event. It does this perfectly, and there is no other solution that can match XSplit for this. It just works amazinly well. #2 - We capture and re-broadcast (multicast) internally for bandwidth savings across hundress of screens. Usually this is only when major world events are happening, but we do it several times a year. XSplit is also the top choice for this totally flexible solution. We may not know what our source medium is until minutes before broadcast, but X Split can always handle it.

Pros

XSplit can do what you probably want it to do, with it's army of plugins, and more. The scene features, overlays, and more give a nice feature set that's easy and "Just Works." The local broadcast option has been an important feature for us.

Cons

XSplit is a very sign on type program .You login to launch. This might be fine for most environments, but it felt a bit "Home User," type to us when deploying. The performance is not affected by this at all, and I find XSplit superb in all other regards. Frequent Updates can be both a Pro and a Con for the monthly user.

Reasons for Choosing XSplit Broadcaster

XSplit is a little easier to user, and performs better overal.

Michael from Prayer Pursuits

XSplit Broadcaster - Commercial version of Open Source software

We used this software during the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic. We tied to produce some instructional videos but found that as we worked with it side-by-side with OBS that the flexibility was not there as much as we wanted. Too many pre-packaged options that did not work for us.

Pros

XSplit Broadcaster is good software, don't get me wrong. However, it is not comparable to it's Open Source rival OBS. It has a great interface and very flashy, but it is a resource hog and does not provide the end results to justify it. By far the best part of the XSplit software is XSplit vCam!!!

Cons

It uses a tremendous amount of resources of my laptop (i7 8th Gen with SSD) and does not provide the flexibility of other products in the ability to put together great presentations.

Reasons for Choosing XSplit Broadcaster

We went to XSplit Broadcaster for the ease of use and better interface, unfortunately looks are not everything. OBS provided the outcomes we needed.

Not good enough to make me switch over honestly.

Pros

I've been using the GeForce experience to stream for some time now, and the massive feature set of XSplit seemed like a good next step. There's so much you can do with scenes and transitions even on a free level that is appealing.

Cons

Ultimately, XSplit caused too much slowdown on my machine over GeForce for me to switch. This is a big issue for me, and people who watch streams, that I think it's unfortunate. You can rightfully say my PC isn't quite up to snuff, but the current program I use performs just fine, I would expect XSplit to be on par? Maybe the additional features would be worth it one day, but for now not quite.

Tim from McGee Corporation

Great video switching/streaming software

Pros

Once you have the hang of its quirks, the user interface is easy to navigate. We were able to stream to both Facebook Live and YouTube over a broadband connection.

Cons

Titling could be better and it would be nice to set up a source as default for all scenes. A button to start/stop streaming in the main window would be helpful.

A simple streaming program that uses a little too much CPU.

Pros

From setup to broadcast, getting XSplit to do its thing is incredibly simple. It even has hooks built in for just about any streaming service you could want.

Cons

The biggest problem I have with XSplit is that it causes major slowdown in my games. That is a significant problem considering the use of this program. I hope they can one day slim it down a bit, until then I'm content using an alternative source that doesn't provide anywhere near the options XSplit does.

Martin from N/A

Industry: Animation

Easy to use but unstable

Overall I like the product but I can't use it because it crashes frequently.

Pros

The program is pretty easy to set up and use and the ability to use a shortcut to bring up the usability window is wonderful.

Cons

The product is unstable and crashes frequently. I lost entire recordings on three occasions and decided I could not use the software for anything important.

Matthew from The Rock Underground Music School

Works for some things that I need

None of these type of products have worked universally, but XSplit is a good option that works often

Pros

I like the ability to record/save/capture computer video and audio

Cons

Capturing and broadcasting didn't seem to work when some specific software was active on the desktop. I imagine part of this is due to the software restrictions (not XSplit) itself, but I've used other video capture software that works on different products.

Great for Gamers

Pros

XSplit offers a free software that allows you to stream your computer or video game activities. We used it to broadcast our podcast as well as test run of our gaming streams. They have a great support system and are very stable.

Cons

I believe due to the configuration on the computer the video had a terrible latency issue. We were using it to stream to facebook, and it was about 10-15 secs behind.

Thomas from Vitilia Group

Xsplit : the OBS for the rich ones

xSplit is the one and only software for broadcasting use when you are a small webTV but you have to pay this expansive subscription in order to use it...

Pros

You can do pretty much everything with xSplit, it’s most likely OBS but better, with more options and a more pro look

Cons

You have to pay a subscription to use the software! It’s expansive and not that profitable when you know that a cheap and free version is available like OBS or SL-OBS

Zachery from N.Y.S.

Industry: Law Enforcement

It's not bad but not great

My overall experience using xsplit was great, but I eventually wanted to do more then what I could actually do with the free and didn't feel like paying.

Pros

Xsplit has a lot of neat features, such as overlays customizing your screen, your backdrop, so forth. It has been many moons since I've used xsplit but it is still one of the best streaming software's out there in my opinion. For those of you who just want to stream and go xsplit is a great software and I would recommend it for you.

Cons

To get into most of the stuff that I wanted to do, it required payment and that wasn't really what i was all about at that time because i wasn't making any money during streams. This is the only thing that led me to switch

Good and Easy to Use Software, But Not Without Competition

Xsplit is a good and functional piece of software. If there are features that Xsplit has that other competitors lack, then it will make up for its price-tag through those features.

Pros

Xsplit is an easy to use, professional-grade streaming program. Being a paid piece of software, it benefits from professional support and documentation, better stability and compatibility compared to free solutions, and more features. Some hardware, like my Elgato Game Capture HD, functioned better in XSplit compared to another program, OBS. In OBS, the Game Capture HD refused to sync the video and audio signals, with no way to properly correct the desync. XSplit has never had a problem with any of my hardware, while OBS is often less agreeable, but workable. Xsplit easily integrates with streaming platforms, such as YouTube Live and Twitch. This allows you to log in through XSplit to your account to create a direct link between the two instead of needing to work with stream keys and stream URLs. It also features integrated media and editing controls. Media can easily be added to XSplit without adding another source. Clips in XSplit can also be edited together in-program.

Cons

XSplit is a paid piece of software, compared to free solutions such as GeForce Experience (with an NVIDIA Card), OBS Studio, and Streamlabs OBS. While XSplit, especially early in the streaming rush, was more capable than original OBS, other solutions are catching up in terms of feature sets, especially for those who exclusively stream.

ujjwal from Headend INFO Services

i Bought Its full time license & Satisfy with it

Pros

i Love this software because it is very easy to use and easy to install. It provides high quality streams in less cpu and gpu power consumption. I use it daily for my streaming workflow. I have written full review of this product also here [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] I bough it from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Cons

Seriously if i tell you then i did not feel any con with this software because it is very easy to use.

Jose from iHeart Gaming

Broadcasting Power House!

I bought the lifetime licensing and won't use another service to stream!

Pros

I love how easy to use it is, and that it can easily detect all my devices quickly! I love the detail in scene editing it allows me. The preview editor is clutch to make changes on the fly. Also their liecesing deals are very affordable.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that more gear should be made to work with xsplit over any other braodcasting service.

Brian from Mixer

Xsplit Tool for brodcasters

I enjoyed using it cause it was simple even the free part was good but i had to get the lifetime

Pros

Xsplit software is pretty plug and play automatically picks up the capture Card and sets the right fps and sound settings for it. also has a built in background remover that i enjoy very much.

Cons

Having to pay monthly to use the software was annoying so i decided to buy the lifetime pass.

Didier from DStudio

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Xsplit is the most solid stream solution

Since i use Xsplit i realize how it simple to stream without stress with this software and i like it, they always search to expanse the great experience of each user, i 'm glad

Pros

I like this soft, especially when you can cut your movie inside with the XSplit Express Video Editor integrate with it Most important, it's easy to setting your channel, wathever it is, YouTube, Facebook or other, it work fast and shure, i use it every week for visual interview with 3 webcam on my computer and i switch beetween my differrent webcam with Stream-Deck I put a green screen behind me and i can make a chromakeying quickly to put a picture for illustrate all my said during my live, wonderful

Cons

Nothing to tell wrong, just perfect if you want to stream like a pro whatever your channel, Xsplit is your tool without doubt

Arie from ArieNeo

Industry: Broadcast Media

Do you stream? Use XSplit.

I started XSplit for some time now and presents the most user friendly interface out there. No doubt.

Pros

As a regular streamer, and one who enjoys adding new content on-screen. I require a broadcast software that permits ease of use and functionality but at the same time certain level of customisation and overall quality. XSplit with no doubt provides it.

Cons

Needs more compatibility with other add-ons. Restream / StreamElements etc.

Alexander from News.Broker

The best live-streaming encoder available.

I own an independent online news website and decided to commence broadcasting a 30 minute program each day. I therefore needed an encoder (at the time I had no idea what I was looking at) and settled on XSplit after trialling several other alternatives including Wirecast 14. XSplit is not only considerably cheaper, but infinitely better.

Pros

XSplit makes professional live-streaming easy and simple. I found the software very simple to set up and connect with my RMTP server and have the option to also broadcast to YouTube, Twitch, Facebook etc. The software is lightweight and stable - absolutely necessary for professional streaming. The learning curve takes all of 5 minutes and basic functionality is built in.

Cons

I wish there was more functionality or templates available - but this could also be a disadvantage as it would remove the simplicity of the software.

Charles from PixelBite

Good, but not worth paying monthly

Pros

If you don't mind paying for a program for streaming then xsplit might be your solution. Xsplit is simple to use and does its job. Has all the features you need to successfully stream and even it doesn't, you can add additional addons and hooks to fulfill your needs.

Cons

A con would be that you need to pay for it. There are better options than xsplit and are free. There are some issues reported with xsplit that it slows down people's computers.

German Liber from Freelance

Good buddy to stream on a good/medium bandwidth.

Pros

I used Xsplit for one of film series projects online, i had one open to public last year but since COVID-19 the times really changed and i had to broadcast the films via streaming. The good thing about Xsplit is the plugin market (it only has a few, but they are really functional). In comparison to another streaming softwares, the Xsplit learning curve is really short and fast. You can watch a few tutorials on the Internet and start streaming without any problems. It has a (limited) but free version, and you can stream at least at 30fps, and that's a good thing. Capture devices and webcam can be delayed and works great on a good/medium bandwidth.

Cons

The cons on Xsplit are related to the price and the resources that the software take. I don't have a really powerful PC and the software lately started to lag and take up some important amount of CPU. The license price for commercial use is really expensive, and the free version doesn't offer the complete package, is really limited.

Silvia from Language Line Solutions

Industry: Translation and Localization

Awesome to record and stream content

I have been using it for a while now in order to broadcast video game content to my personal facebook without any problems. The software is super intuitive and guides you through everything.

Pros

- You can create transitions for your recordings or broadcasts. - Lets you either broadcast or record the content that YOU want. - You can broadcast to a lot of different platforms. - Useful to show gameplay, how to use a software, explanations, etc.

Cons

- You need to be a bit tech savvy, but the software really guides you during the whole process. - It can be overwhelming if you just want to do something quick and simple.

Daniel from Weber Hosting and Design

NOT for professional production

Waste of my time, and wish to warn other pros.

Pros

The install was smooth, my camera was detected properly on first try, and it does a great job of finding the subject in the foreground. Great for home users -only.

Cons

THE MAIN FEATURE DOESN'T Keep a consistent alpha channel around the subject and I could never use this for professional production due to the erratic changes to my profile during testing. I used good lighting, tried many angles, and ultimately have screenshots showing parts of my head missing. (Yes I adjusted all settings I could find).

Reasons for Choosing XSplit Broadcaster

I chose this platform as it is new and I wanted to see if the technology had advanced enough for professional production.

Andi from Critter Care Pet Relief, LLC

Good, but for the price I expected better.

Pros

I was able to setup and record a video of my screen, video of me, and video of my son, all playing a video game.

Cons

Video quality was rough and the software didn't seem intuitive enough. If it was a free program, I'd overlook all of that, but for something on the pricey side, I expected better.

Rayjan from Entertainment

XSplit

Screen records without problems more than 95% of the time.

Pros

Works with older computers as well... The version i am using is still compatible with Windows 7, and that has been a huge plus since i cannot afford to upgrade my computer.

Cons

There was some difficulties over time with this program, but i am pretty sure it was my computer (Windows 7 laptop).

Reasons for Choosing XSplit Broadcaster

Streamlabs is awesome on my phone, but not compatible with my computer hardware. Unfortunately i do not have the money to upgrade at this time.

Nenad from Justproof

XSplit Broadcaster - a good paid competitor

it's been great even though I have moved away, their free webcam phone link tool is amazing and a great free value for everyone.

Pros

Support and deployment is by far quicker and easier than any free or paid alternatives, it's their business to make money from support and ease so it's good that they do a great job at this - I would recommend them to all new broadcasters, they have some free tools which are good too.

Cons

The amount of free competitors out there is too high - suggestion a $60/Yearly tool to someone broadcasting online for free is generally a dealbreaker when lots of free tools are out there - they need to be a bit more competetive in this space to make the price work.

Bryce from Freelancer

XSplit Overall

Pros

In total the program is great for beginners and is very easy to use.

Cons

Price is really high and not many good features professionally for mainstream users.

Michael from Hub Group

Broadcasting Made Easy

Pros

A very competent piece of streaming software. Easy to Use Relatively Cheap Decent Customer Service Support Streaming made simple!

Cons

So with so many awesome points, what could be negative about it? Well, although the program is cheap - there is simply better options out there. More specifically OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) - OBS is open-source, meaning FREE, and is so robust and easy to use that it's hard to justify spending money on another broadcasting software. OBS does take a little more tinkering around.

Casey from CompeteLeague

Subscription based in a free market

My overall with XSplit is unfortunately a bit disappointing. I find it hard to recommend when their are free competitors with as good, or better, functionality. XSplit alternatives are usually more lightweight with a more user-friendly interface.

Pros

Admittedly, XSplit is a pretty powerful program. It's functionality is very good for a broadcasting tool.

Cons

It is a resource hog. On a mid-end computer that could use OBS to its full functionality, XSplit would frequently bog down the entire PC. User interface was slow to respond and unwieldy to navigate.

Reasons for Choosing XSplit Broadcaster

CompeteLeague had already had a license for XSplit when I joined the team and they didn't want it to go to waste.

Matthew from Rev.com

Industry: Translation and Localization

Great software for streaming and recording!

Overall, XSplit is one of the top recording/streaming programs out there and I use it for both due to the easy setups and great technical support!

Pros

XSplit is very easy to use and has lots of support forums for those who have any problems. XSplit makes recording and streaming very easy and you receive a lot of extra features when you pay for the premium version.

Cons

There are occasional crashes and bugs but the tech support is usually very good at helping to fix the problems.

Ricardo from Impermexa

Easy capture

Pros

XSplit makes it easy to record and capture your screen for making tutorials, explaining, and generate evidence for all educational purposes, and also for personal use, for example, I used it to record some old VHS that I had from a hand held camera I have with family memories. It it's easy to use, not much buttons, you can easily turn on and off the mic to keep a clean recording or to overlay your voice in a video.

Cons

I think it would be useful to keep a mini-map-like feature where you can see what you are currently recording in a floating small box on the screen that is removable.

Nipuna from SriLankan Airlines Official

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Best Software for Broadcasting needs

After trying many broadcasting softwares, I stopped at Xsplit, because it is very simple and attractive UI and features. Recommend to everyone with broadcasting needs.

Pros

With Xsplit Broadcaster, we can highly customize the scenes with many effects, many inputs and capture devices. Can contol audio inputs accordingly. Projection output is a very nice feature which we can output the final video to a projector or other local viewers.

Cons

Very high frame drop happens when the network speed drops. Hope it will add some feature to view current network speed and required network speed. Cannot broadcast to facebook and Youtube simultaneously.

So much more than just twitch streaming.

Pros

Obviously, its a good option for streaming. Can also be used as a screen caster for project collaboration. Can also be used to record local videos with some flair.

Cons

It can be a little CPU intensive, despite being a pretty simple software. General crashes and instability persist.

Easy to use and full of functionalities

Overall its a great and easy tool which can be used by beginners as well as professionals and can meet day to day uses

Pros

It's easy to use and makes live streaming very easy as well. it can directly connect with multiple websites and can help in easy streaming.

Cons

Though it beats its competitors it lacks some functionalities like streaming directly in 4k resolution.

rene from twitch

Industry: Broadcast Media

Overpiced and lacking key features

I used XSplit when I started to stream but quickly moved over to OBS when I found out OBS had better performance and more features for free.

Pros

Honestly I cant think of any good reasons why you would choose this software over OBS.

Cons

The biggest con is ease of use. when I tried to use it I couldn't figure out how to use it so I went to google but I quickly found out that no one was using XSplit so support for it was abysmal.

Adam from Eby Brown

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Solid video recorder for a price...

It is a solid recording software that is held back by the fact that a price is charged for premium features.

Pros

It is a fairly simple and solid video recording software. Just start up and start recording.

Cons

It has a subscription cost in order to use it without a watermark.

gabriela from tavares margarita c.a

Some of the best live broadcast sofwere

It is an excellent program, with the learning to work streaming to be able to give some workshops live through the internet

Pros

is a very simple program to use, gives the option to record, mix and transmit live. very simple compared to other streaming softwere

Cons

what I did not like was in the installation, this softwere requires other things that at the time of installation is a bit tedious, but in general it is great.

good to start

I had a good experience in general although I think there are other softwares that have more features

Pros

It is easy to use and install, the configuration is also a plus. Being light also the stream is very fast with almost no latency

Cons

I used it at the beginning until I discovered another more complete free software, the Xsplit suffered crashes at least on my computer

Arthur from Judicial Administration

Poor customer service

Pros

I liked that my son was able to do recordings like the YouTube content producers he admires. Unfortunately the video quality was poor with a lot of Staggering that only happened when xsplit was on.

Cons

Compared to other apps like obs, the graphics quality is quite poor when xsplit is engaged. Swords and Arrow boxes stagger in beat saber, with similar results across the spectrum of other games. It's noticeable when using xsplit but much more noticeable when using a much better product. I think PC gaming has gotten Beyond xsplit and you should look elsewhere. They also have poor customer service and do not give refunds if you are dissatisfied with the product.

Nick from Simpliteck

Industry: Information Services

Not the most user friendly

I moved on from the product and tried to get another to work.

Pros

It did what it needed to do but after a long time messing with it and research. Did get the stream up

Cons

It was clunky to get going and didn't have any clear directions on training on how to use the product. Seemed glitchy.

Peter from Lip Service

Great for broadcasting

I prefer to use OBS as it is free but thats the only reason why I choose obs over this.

Pros

Got it free for 6 months with my webcam. It is a great program that doesn't crash often and has all of the basic aspects of streaming covered.

Cons

It costs money and does the same things as many other programs in which are free do

Grant from Bridgebuild.tech

Why, when OBS is free?

It was ok, but I could do as much with OBS for free for my specific use case.

Pros

The new V-cam feature is pretty cool and multistream being built-in is pretty helpful, not having to use extra products.

Cons

OBS is free and won't watermark your stuff, ever. Xsplit is more contained and less customizable, therefore is restrictive to me.

Jireh from Guardian Liberty Voice

Industry: Newspapers

the program left much to be desired

Pros

I like the fact that the product was endorsed by a reputable third party. Hence the reason I decided to try it out.

Cons

the program left much to be desired in terms of learning how to use the various windows. setting up scenes and other basic steps. It did connect easilty to facebook, however, that was as much as i had patience for.

Worth the money

Pros

Features are what is making xsplit a very good broadcasting software, you have everything you need to stream games or anything else.

Cons

When I was using xsplit I had a lot of crashes even if my computer is able to handle the game while broadcasting.

John "ColderICE" from ColderICE Media

Not worth it, save your money

Customer support is non existent

Pros

The promise was large, delivery was not existent

Cons

It does not work, save your money and get something that actually does as described, this unfortunately does not.