• Pros

• "Really enjoy how simple the admin interface is. The team over there does a great job of getting you started with the product and supported as you use it."

• "Ability for our users to become power users and administer the application for their staff. This is helpful for the IT department and allows the users to be in control of their learning."

• "What I like best about this product is that it is very easy to navigate to the courses I am required to take, as well as find available training courses to build my skill sets."

• Cons

• "Support is just okay. I think they outsource their support and it's not always super efficient. "

• "Really nothing I don't like. The product has functioned well for my purposes. If I had to pinpoint something, it is that a search will sometimes bring up more than I really expect and need."

• "Nothing bad to say here, as far as overall satisfaction goes. It's a progressive LMS that is becoming the frontrunner."

Browse Absorb LMS Reviews

August 2015

Cecilia from Telmate

August 2015

Absorb is the perfect LMS!

Absorb is so powerful and easy to use. The company itself is great to work with. Their customer service staff is so nice and friendly, and the project manager and account manager I worked with helped me every step of the way. The interface is gorgeous and importing your learners is a snap. I love that Absorb has built-in quizzes that I can create in seconds. I also love that I was able to work with Absorb's designers to customize the branding for our company. Creating certification programs and badges was easy. You can upload or link to practically any type of media. Customized reports can quickly be generated. Grouping learners into categories to deploy specific training is also painless. You can create contest, polls and gamify the learning experience. Ultimately, Absorb is fast, easy, gorgeous and even if you're a staff of one or two (like me) you can easily manage hundreds of learners and dozens of online courses. I love Absorb!

Pros

Fantastic customer support Easy to use design Quick import of new learners Easily upload any type of multimedia Customizable interface for branding Out of the box solution at a reasonable price point No extra IT or web developer support required

Cons

It would be great to: - Quickly switch between Admin and Learner to see a course - Create a "test" user who can take courses over and over again just to test functionality without having to enroll, un-enroll and then re-enroll - Show and disable the contest feature (without having customer support perform this function)

Allison from WorkMerk

Unexpected Limitations

Overall it's ok. Again we were really disappointed about the department/sub-department functionality. So if you are using Absorb for multiple clients not just internally then beware. It is definitely easier to see how many users we have in the system, who has taken what courses, our popular courses, and course evaluation scores which for us are all important KPI's. overall great value for the price.

Pros

Absorb is really easy to use and navigate. We purchased it for the ability to have "department" or sub-companies. We provide training materials and the platform to our clients so having a multi-tenant LMS was critical. I love the ability to customize colors and layout for various clients. The onboarding process was pretty smooth and the staff is attentive.

Cons

My biggest disappointment was that that the multi-tenancy or segregating by departments did not function as we expected causing us to have to adjust our offering and prices for clients. When assigning courses you can only assign to a whole or sub-department, you can exclude. So if 99 customers get the library and one doesn't, you have to allow 99 clients instead of just restricting one. When restricting departments they can manage only the users and courses within their department. However, this does not apply to the mercury module, Global Resources, Competencies, Categories, Message Templates, Ecommerce, and Public Catalogs. So we had to disable access to department admins for these features otherwise they would see other departments (clients) information which is terrible!!!! So instead we have to manage all of these features for our clients. So every time they want a billboard changed we have to do it for example. It puts a lot more management on our behalf that we weren't expecting. other little things we don't like are: -no course number field -can't control the order modules are consumed ina chapter only the order of the chapters. -can't change the reports on the dashboard or re-order it -resources don't have a thumbnail- makes them look empty/incomplete -no place for text on the home dashboard. -roles are not department-specific -can't change password expiry beyond 7 days -task functionality is way too basic -no ability to integrate tasks or due dates with calendars

Reasons for Choosing Absorb LMS

Multi-tenancy functionality, ability to brand sub-departments, Mercury module.

Gregory from Marketing & Advertising

Absorb Information

Good. It gets the job done and it gets it done well.

Pros

I really like the mobile app and the e-commerce features. The content libraries provide a lot of good information and training.

Cons

I am old fashioned and prefer in-person whiteboard delivered trainings. I think depending on the volume of training you to need to deliver and how spread out the audience is should be a determining factor for purchase.

Justin from Lancaster Bible College

Absorb LMS

Pros

Compared to other similar learning management systems, absorb has one of the best user interfaces and visual appeal. Great level of customization for various needs or contexts.

Cons

The biggest issue is cost - it just wasn't viable for my smaller organization in the long run compared to other alternatives.

Christine from Healthcare organization 1-10000 users (don't want to have my organization published)

simple to use, but QA poor and support prioritized by popularity votes on their customer forum site

had it for 3 years. our requirements were basic - no hr integration, no e-commerce, short term users, few courses. yet when we were faced with their sudden requirement for us to move/"upgrade" to their new system that contained functional and design continuity problems from the system version we were using, we were told that our problems would not be fixed due to the fact that not enough other customers had "voted" for the same issues to be fixed. that was a dealbreaker. :(

Pros

easy startup, easy to use (provided everything is working properly)

Cons

Software is AS-IS product. Difficulty getting help with system problems - first tool for them is interpersonal pleasantry, and email with article links to something that may or may not be addressing the reported problem. If there is not an easy out-of-the box solution (addressed by the link they send you by email), it will take many interactions and possibly a video screener of your problem before your issue is investigated. Individual learner issues are typically not investigated.

Chris from Infinera

Industry: Computer Networking

The easiest and most attractive LMS I have used in the last ten years!

We have saved a very significant amount of time and money switching from Cornerstone to Absorb. And we have gained features, ease of use, faster time to market. As a company that puts customer service above all else, Absorb is our learning engine helping us deliver on that promise to our customers. We have grown our eLearning use by 300% since switching to Absorb mainly because it is very easy for our customers and we can get more content to market faster.

Pros

In no particular order, but all equally important: - Social media and marketing integration is easy to setup and use - Dashboards and reports are the fastest and easiest I have seen; reporting highly customizable with just a few mouse clicks - Rapid deployment and migration; thousands of users, tens of thousands of records were migrated off of Cornerstone and fully functional in less than 60 days - a record! - Customized look and feel matching our corporate site was ready in one week! - Super easy for end users to get to training quickly - Saved over 50% in costs from Cornerstone and saving more everyday in reduced administration costs - Sales and support friendly and quick to help - Wide range of content support and did not have to rebuild a single training report - Flexible API offering unmatched integrations - SSO and Shopping cart easy to implement and works right the first time AbsorbLMS does one thing only, and does it right - manage my training. It's not bloated with features and functions I don't need. The administration is easy to learn and quite intuitive/flexible. It just works...and works great.

Cons

After six months of use, I have not come across a "least" like for Absorb. I would like to see more customization options for lower layer pages, but I cannot say this is an "issue" as I am still exploring the many possibilities offered by Absorb. For once, I have an LMS that I have not outgrown, I am still playing catch-up!

Easy to use, affordable LMS

Pros

Blatant Media developed such a forward thinking interface that it hasn't needed a refresh the last few years. This is a positive, not a negative. I've been both an admin and a user of the system and it's really nice to know everything is going to be laid out the same even after not using it for a few months. Very future proof. The responsive capabilities of the user end are really top-notch as well. Great for blended learning as well as complete "eLearning."

Jason from Hortonworks

Great LMS, Great Value

I worked for a fast-growing startup that needed a full-featured LMS, hosted, and didn't cost an arm-and-a-leg. Absorb LMS fit that bill and then some. I was super-impressed with the ease of use of their interface and the intuitive nature of their setup and processes. It also helped that they had tight integration with Adobe Connect, which was our preferred platform for web conferences. I strongly recommend them to anyone looking to implement a new LMS, or to replace an old, clunky, hard-to-use one. (And there are a lot of those out there...)

Pros

Intuitive, slick interfaces on both the front and back end. Easy to use and administer. User experience was fantastic. Highly responsive team addressing any concerns or issues.

Cons

Any cons that we ran into were dealt with in short order, and we were a relatively small client! Great customer support made this a dream process.

Rimoun from UNIVERIS

Great and easy to use product, Love the branding capabilities

Pros

Cons

Sometimes there are downtimes and performance issues, but they usually take steps to ensure the same issue doesn't happen twice.

Solid LMS for growing companies

Its been very positive. Our learning courses have been widely used by our customers and the UX is so much easier for them to use and our reporting and updates are now automatic!

Pros

Great ability to deliver bespoke courses to customers and internal staff. Easy to use and deliver amazing interactive learning experiences.

Cons

A few kinks in the setup process but once those are ironed out we should be very happy. Sometimes a little slow but nothing too frustrating.

Gio from Northrop Grumman

Great for Small Organizations

I've used a variety of learning management systems (LMS) over the years including Blackboard, Moodle, scormLMS, Canvas, Success-Factors, custom LMSs, and Absorb LMS. All of these had their place. Some were geared toward academics and schools (Blackboard, Moodle, and Canvas). Others were for huge enterprises (Success-Factors). While others were great to test your E-Learning modules on-line (scormLMS). So what do you do if you have a small organization with under a hundred employees and not enough server space or talent on hand to customize an open-sourced program like Moodle. If that's the case, you turn to the cloud. Software-as-a-service (SAAS) has now become a way of doing business for individuals and small organizations. You can save money and time on resources while reaping the benefits of frequent or constant updates to the software. Absorb LMS is a purely cloud-based application. It's a SAAS that lets you customize the front pages of your LMS, the landing or welcome page perse while giving you a hybridized version of LMS Administrator controls. You see the secret behind every LMS is that somebody, either you as the administrator or someone else working behind the scenes with the SAAS has to upload your content (E-Learning modules, Job-Aids, Videos, Presentations, etc.). So with Absorb, you get a fairly well-featured LMS, but with the benefit of having someone else go through the pains of uploading your content. After having to do the full admin tasks behind the scenes of an LMS, I can say that having someone else do it is quite an appreciable service. Overall, Absorb is a good LMS for small and large organizations that want to save money on resources and overhead. Your trainers can also function as the LMS "admins". My only complaint about Absorb is that it has decent reporting tools. After years of working as an LMS admin, it seems that reports are an after thought with most LMS developers. Yet, sooner or later someone up your chain of command will want to know the value of the LMS and that's where good reporting tools come in handy. I can gladly say that the folks at Absorb listened to customer requests for better reporting and they delivered.

Pros

1. Ease of use - it's in the cloud. 2. Simplified admin functions 3. Decent reporting tools. 4. Customized landing page.

Cons

1. Responses from Absorb can be slow. 2. Customer service isn't the best. 3. Can suffer from service outages.

Justin from ARRIS

Absorb: Solid But With Some Shortcomings

(note: this review is based on our experience using Absorb 4). At ARRIS, Absorb powers ARRIS Academy, our centralized location for all things training serving both internal employees as well as external customers. The platform has performed very well, maintaining consistent up time and performance while serving the diverse needs of our organization. Using the eCommerce integration and curricula, we have successfully launched certification programs so that customers and employees can demonstrate their proficiency in our products and thus demonstrate a marketable skill. We have also utilized the curricula feature to easily mass-enroll our employees in mandatory trainings; based on this success, we are exploring other forms of automated enrollments, particularly for onboarding new employees. Working with Absorb has been a great experience. Overall, the customer service is top notch. The team has worked with us to provide SSO and learner import solutions which not only reduces the overhead in Admin time but it also provides a more seamless user experience. In my first year at ARRIS, we have rapidly grown in our reliance of Absorb, turning it into a company-wide hub of training needs. As such, we have experienced a lot of 'growing pains' as we discover the limitations of the current version of the platform. In particular, the reporting capabilities leaves a lot to be desired. There's no way to run a report on courses which also includes sub categories. In addition, a report on employees and their training records cannot be produced on a single page; one has to click within each employee to see what she/he has done. Admin permissions is another area that is lacking. In order for somebody to create courses intended for a specific audience, he/she has to have the ability to affect all courses. It would be ideal to grant only very specific permissions for given category and also prevent he/she from performing specific actions for a given course. These are just a few of things that contribute to a lower score in ease of use as it does make the job of an admin more difficult than it needs to be. As good as customer service has been, there have been times where there have been lengthy gaps between emails or phone calls and our delayed upgrade to Absorb 5 which brings down the score a bit. We are excited to see what the capabilities are of Absorb 5; we hope for many enhancements that improve the experience for all users.

Craig from Social Fingerprint LLC

Absorb LMS - Flexible and User-Friendly

Pros

We have been using Absorb LMS for 4+ years. The product is excellent and the Absorb team is very cooperative in working with us to customize the LMS for our unique needs. It has evolved into a collaborative partnership, rather than a typical vendor-client relationship. We have users around the world, and the user-side LMS has proven to be stable and easy to use. The admin-side has a wide range of features, and it is relatively easy for people to learn the basics. We use the LMS to deliver classroom courses, e-learning and bundles. We have established special access roles for instructors which has streamlined operations. Absorb is releasing a major upgrade which we are testing. The upgrade adds great features, and we are eager to migrate to the new version.

Cons

We provide our clients with very specific project tracking and reporting functions that have become part of our competitive advantage. These functions go beyond the capabilities of the Absorb LMS and the needs of typical LMS users. We have had to develop customized modules that import data from the LMS.

Everett from National Children's Advocacy Center

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Absorb has been an easy to use platform for meeting our eLearning needs for our community.

It allows us to engage our community through eLearning by showing courses, webinars and lesson relevant to our field of work. It allows us to keep our learners engaged, connected and kept current with ideas and best practices. It allows us the opportunity to represent ourselves as experts in out field.

Pros

Creating and development course content in a straight-forward and simple manner. Enjoy making quick edits and updates to published courses. Ease of importing courses from various types of APIs. Support staff is very attentive and helpful with students and system issues. Administrator back end is very flexible and easy to use. Enjoy using the "impersonate" feature, which can identify problems quickly. Like that the framework of Absorb is still under development, which allows for new innovations, looking for ways to improve and stay relevant.

Cons

Reporting features still need a bit of development to allow for more control and options for what should be saved in the report export document. Giving more options for data being displayed by a student transcript. Some features of pulling data from the metrics can be a bit tricky.

hazlon from ErinoakKids Centre for Treatment and Development

Team Absorb provides the perfect mix of Yoda and Obi-Wan for anyone new to the LMS universe!

We introduced Absorb ten months ago and have been able to centralize/track a lot of internal and external learning for staff. These are exciting times and there is so much more to learn!

Pros

My favourite feature is the people behind the software and their willingness to provide meaningful/practical answers for each question I ask. There really are no silly questions and that is most reassuring for novel LMS users! I had no prior experience with this type of technology so it's been quite the learning curve for me and my organization. Thanks to Team Absorb's reliable customer service, I'm still learning something new each day! I also appreciate how many ways there are to customize the software for organizations of any size. We're relatively small (under 1,000 learners) but we have some unique features in our reporting structure. I was able to work with Team Absorb to build some behaviours/rules into our LMS that reflect our set-up and match the information coming in the nightly imports from our HRIS.

Cons

Right now, about 98% of supervisor approval requests make it to the supervisor but it would be awesome if 100% of the requests made it through.

June 2012

Jason from Eucalyptus Systems, Inc.

Great LMS solution

Absorb is a solid LMS and a great solution compared to any alternative we examined from a cost/benefit perspective. Things that are cons are more than made up for by the pure breadth of functionality available for the price, and they're very very good at taking customer feedback and making improvements to their product. I'd be comfortable recommending them to any business looking to start up a new LMS or replace an aging in-house system.

Pros

Nice interface and excellent feature set - great coupon tool, course bundles, shopping cart functionality, multi-module courses, lesson plans, forced pre-requisites, monitoring and reporting (SCORM and AICC), scheduling tool, assessments and surveys, discussion boards, linking resources to courses, multi-tiered and customizeable user/admin management, certificates, waitlist management, and customizeable automated email notifications. Integrates with our web-based training platform (Adobe Connect), supports both self-paced and instructor-led courses, responsive to customer requests, able to go from zero to fully-functional LMS in a matter of days. Great value.

Cons

Can be a bit clunky and non-intuitive, difficult to set up and classes as individual objects (each course requires the set-up of a separate instance, even if you want a 1:1 ratio between setup and delivery), finance-based reporting (and reporting in general, actually) is just OK (but getting better), Flash interface that requires pop-ups is a recurring complaint, needs better user account flexibility (i.e. ability for users to manage their information, change their password, etc.) and security (everything is stored/visible in clear text).

Response from Absorb

Replied April 2013

Thanks for the review! As of 2013 Flash and popups are gone with the new HTML5 interface. We have also added additional security options as well as learner password management. We're looking forward to your continued feedback!

Dave from Cogstate Inc.

Absorb LMS - Great Product and Customer Service

Overall I would highly recommend the Absorb LMS software to any company who is looking for a customized and affordable solution. They have an excellent implementation team that will work with you every step of the way until you are satisfied with the finished product. They also have a great customer service team that is always responsive to our needs and are willing to work with us to incorporate new updates to our system.

Pros

While working with the Absorb team we were able to fully customize an Learning Management System to fit the needs of our small company within the clinical trials space. We initially worked with a great implementation team who were very supportive in meeting with us each step of the way to gather the proper requirements for our final product. Once we were satisfied with our finished product we were able to easily introduce the software to our employees to use with minimal training required. We continue to be very pleased with the level of customer service Absorb provides when we have a new inquiry or suggestion for improving our employees' experiences.

Cons

The only con to Absorb's software was that they did not have a full suite of course content that met our needs in terms of internal training. We were able to work around this feature by uploading course content through another provider which was easily imported into our current system.

Steve from Rsam

Absorb has provided us with a unique mix of feature and quality support helping us obtain our goals.

Speed of delivery of content to customers and users and with the ease of user mgmt, the amount of time I am spent managing the system is kept to a minimum.

Pros

The ease of adding courses, content and attaching relevant material to this cannot be overlooked and for me is easily just one of the items most enjoyed. The built in workflow allows me to take my video production and related documents and attach them to a course that can be distributed to my users in a matter of minutes.

Cons

Nothing really stands out as a negative. One area for improvement would be exporting reports - It would be nice to be able to customize the look and feel of reports in the tool before exporting, and it is a minor issue as a lot of this can be done via the Excel export anyway.

James from Client Technology Solutions LLC

Not the ideal LMS, but pretty darn close.

We love Absorb. It works well and does exactly what we hoped it would. Even with the issues with reports and the test view, its still very much worth the money, if not just for the mobile app. We highly recommend Absorb if youre looking for an easy-to-use LMS software that isnt absurdly expensive.

Pros

Love the interface. Its very easy to use, especially once you get the hang of it. There are so many features packed into the system, even in the mobile versions. Having a mobile version is a big plus due to many of our learners using iPads and the like.

Cons

Reporting and exporting reports seem to not work quite as well as we would hope, though it isnt a deal-breaker. It would be nice to have a way to have a test view of what your learners see. Either by toggling or just a link to preview before everythings finished.

March 2011

Scott from Oakley, Inc.

March 2011

Blatant Media's "Absorb Anywhere" definitely exceeded our expectations!

Blatant's Absorb Anywhere platform is the perfect solution for those companies needing to take their training and education programs to the next level. But to do so in a way that's reflective of the brand and conscientious of relationships with users. Blatant has clearly leveraged their experience with academic learning enivornments to address the opportunity to immerse sales associates at retail in the brand story, creating ambassadors ready to sell. And they accomplish this with one of the brightest teams of people with which I've ever worked.

Pros

Oakley moved from a custom-built application to a proven LMS platform in 2009 to address the growing opportunity to train Sales Associates on how to sell our products. We were interested in a brand-right tool to drive sales, and Blatant helped us to easily adapt their system to meet our unique needs. Being a global company, Absorb Anywhere allows us to distribute system administration responsibilities across regions for a truly localized experience. The team at Blatant continues to roll out new features that are highly applicable to our users.

Cons

We have seen no downside to partnering with Blatant on this opportunity. It's important to work with a vendor that you trust, and Blatant is definitely invested in the success of this project. As they continue to grow and expand their operations, we'll look forward to enhancements to the system that will improve our relationship with loyal users.

Christina from N2 Publishing

Industry: Publishing

Absorb does a lot of awesome things. A few tweaks could make it even better.

Pros

Ease of course creation Branded dashboards Recently improved search page Options for badges and certificates Course and resource replication easy

Cons

Organization of Course and Resource folders is only alphabetical order No way to create groups through a CSV upload Enrollment and Resource availability rules limited for some items (i.e. can't exclude departments in enrollments)

J L from Vivint Solar

Industry: Utilities

One of the better ones

All-in-all, I have enjoyed using Absorb. It has a pretty robust feature set and a very easy to use interface. When we run into bugs, Absorb sometimes takes quite a long time to resolve the issues. They will not give you an ETA for fixes either. It has some issues with playing video on iOS10 devices. I like how it handles most content and I really like how it modularizes courses.

Pros

Ease of use. Everything is easy to find and the options make sense.

Cons

When bugs are introduced, they don't always get fixed very quickly.

December 2014

Fred from Nasuni

December 2014

Used Absorb To Support Online Training Business

Pros

In my last company, I was the product manager for an online training business. We used the Absorb LMS to deploy our hosted users. The product provided the flexibility we needed to roll out with different models and curricula for different customers. It also provided the administrative flexibility we needed for a large customer base. Finally, the reporting enabled us to get the information we needed for ourselves and for the training admins in our customers. Absorb, as a vendor, was a pleasure to work with. They always made an effort to consider and address our needs and were pleasant and professional to deal with.

Cons

The company is smaller. This has the advantage of being agile, but that comes with a limitation on resources. They just couldn't do everything, and when they got engaged in a major release, you could feel the limited resources being taxed.

August 2016

Charlie from Success Academy Charter Schools

August 2016

Absorb - great product, great partners

The Absorb team was always professional. Through the vendor selection process, implementation, to post-implementation support, I've found the Absorb team to be helpful, knowledgeable, and straightforward. The software is robust and functional. We got everything we were looking for. I would definitely recommend this product. It effectively delivers content and courses, it's totally brand-able, and it's easy to use from the user and admin's perspectives.

Pros

Clean interface. It's navigable and easy-to-use.

Cons

We had a little hiccup with uploading hundreds of users who were all in different departments. It required us to upload a spreadsheet per department (about 12) instead of uploading one spreadsheet and having the system parse the groups. I think this is a fairly rare circumstance though (either you are a small group and it doesn't matter or you are a big group and you have an API). Added an extra 2 hours of work - not a big deal. Otherwise the user-upload interface is very effective.

Jamie from Tennant Company

Industry: Machinery

Great product that focuses on being good at one thing... Online learning.

Pros

Absorb was the first LMS that I worked with that fully supported HTML5. The interface was beautiful from a learner perspective and could be fully branded to your company. It was intuitive and supported all of the training types that we created and purchased. The company was easy to work with and provided support for our needs.

Cons

The backend/admin portal was separate from the user portal. Meaning, it was based on different technology (flash at the time), was actually hosted on a different part of the system and did not seem as unified as other systems I have worked with. It was still very functional, but left some to be desired.

April 2013

Craig from Social Fingerprint LLC

April 2013

Powerful, Simple and Elegant - Absorb LMS

I have been so pleased with the Absorb LMS and Team that I had a second company I work with also use the Absorb LMS. They continue to add new features that make sense and are always trying to improve the LMS for the user and the administrators. Using Absorb has enabled us to expand our training business - both classroom and online - by making us more efficient internally and delivering a better service to our customers.

Pros

We've been using the Absorb LMS for over 3 years so we've seen it continue to evolve into a tremendous tool. We run classroom courses and offer online courses globally, so ease of use is critical. That's why we went with Absorb in the first place and their new user interface is another huge step in providing users with the best possible experience. We really consider the Absorb team to be like partners in helping us use the LMS to make our business grow by providing a better learning experience to our users. They have worked with us to develop special types of tests and surveys that are critical to our business.

Cons

For our needs, which are probably unique, the reporting is not sufficient. So we had to build a reporting tool that uses the data from the LMS. However, the Absorb Team was really great in working with us to set up the daily data exports.

Ryan from Yukon EMS

Help Desk Excellence

As always the help desk staff at absorb are great at answering and mitigating questions that I have. Keep up the good work.

Pros

Both the front end and back end are easy to use and navigate.

Cons

How a person can only be attached to one department with one email address.

May 2016

Chris from University of Washington

May 2016

Best LMS on the market for mid-size organization, great price!

After searching for over 6 months, our organization (research institute at a University) happily landed on Absorb. We use it for about 300 internal employees, and around 100-200 external clients. It is fantastic. The learner interface is intuitive and smooth: we recently held a workshop with 80 participants from 38 different countries (many languages, a range of backgrounds in technology), and everyone easily navigated through the system to the content. For company use, the data Absorb gathers feeds directly into our professional development and performance review cycles. Also, we integrated the sign-on with our internal ADFS server, so the users' credentials pull from pre-existing systems. Support is super responsive and thorough; every ticket I've submitted they've addressed right away and resolved most. The downsides of the product: not many. The 'tiles' on the home page are extremely useful, and I wish it were easier to make custom tiles on our own, but anything custom has to be made by Absorb support (example: link to an external site; changing the look/logo on a tile). Reports from assessments or exams take a little getting used to, as well as a few quirks around course structures or limitations. But none of the drawbacks are insurmountable. Overall: I'm a huge fan of Absorb, and would highly recommend it for anyone in the 200-1000 employee range.

Dawn from Mom365

Great support

Pros

I was a novice LMS administrator. They worked with me and helped me set up my framework. They were very responsive, helpful and courteous. They never made me feel like I was asking a silly question. It's a very stable hosted website. My company has been with them since 2012. There has been no significant down times in that entire time. It is flexible, supportive, and helpful.

Cons

Some of the reporting did not do what I needed it to do. It was initially hard to set up correctly. Though that could be my user error, it still seemed a little cumbersome. They are migrating their customers to a significant upgrade right now. I can't wait to use the single sign on version they previewed for me.

Felix from Corporacin Estelio

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

This LMS is simple but very effective, easy to use and excellent for small and medium businesses.

Pros

The built in workflow allows me to create a course that can be distributed to my users in a matter of minutes. Easily upload any type of multimedia, its UX and UI. is magnific. can access all function very easily whether you are a student, an instructor or an admin. keep a running list of enrolled and completed courses

Cons

The calendar could be better.. need more integration with other comercials calendars, Requires deep technical experience for Customize this system, does not allow to create a data repository per student in a simple way, it is not an integrated talent management system. Reporting features, they need to improve them a lot, . The administrative functions are dificult to navigate and there are steps that are unnecessary in several of the processes.

Absorb 4 has been great, but really looking forward to Absorb 5

My company has been using Absorb 4 since 2012, and we've been mostly happy with the functionality and ease of use. The learner interface is very intuitive. Only downside for our institution was the inability to "hide" completed courses from the My Courses list. That has been fixed in Absorb 5, which is very good news. Administrators find the Admin interface fairly easy to use, but again we're excited about seeing the changes that come with Absorb 5.

Pros

Mobile friendly, good search capabilities, customizable with branding

Cons

Most of the cons for us were because we had an installed instance instead of cloud hosted. Updates were hard to process and therefore we were always multiple versions behind. These issues should be resolved with being hosted, since updates are pushed out automatically.

October 2013

Dan from Dale Carnegie Digital

October 2013

Great Learning Portal, excellent partner!

Pros: - Access to easy Admin reporting with basic customization and scheduling capabilities - Responsive Technical Support Group - Ease-of-use for both Admin and Student sites - Continuous system enhancements such as upgrade to HTML platform - Ability to customize user interface, images, and messaging through Admin site. Cons: - Limited phone access to Technical Support Overall: Absorb provides all the functionality that you would expect from a traditional Learning Management System, with unique features that empower us to deploy an intuitive customer learnng portal. Our business is to deliver virtul instructor led training online, and we use the LMS to manage customer enrollments into our course sessions, assignment of instructors and customer related messaging and reporting. In addition we've integrated it with our corporate website and back-end accounting system. Our customers find it very easy to utilize self-enrollment features. We find Blatant Technologies extremely easy to work with, as they continuously strive to help us improve the ease of our business processes through team collaborative solution development. Absorb provides a very clean and professional user interface which accurately presents the Dale Carnegie image to it's customers.

Tina from N2

Brandable, Intuitive, and Data Rich

One of the best things about Absorb compared with other LMS products is the look. Designing a great course and putting it in a dated interface is awful. Absorb's ability to customize the interface and design gives our company the ability to create a brand for our training program that echoes our company's values and web presence. Absorb is intuitive and extremely easy to use. It does not take long to figure out how to create courses, upload content, and set up a myriad of user roles that enhance functionality. The dashboard provides a great overview on activity in the LMS. There are a ton of reports that you can pull for just about any data set you can think of. There is also the ability to save your favorite reports so accessing them is just a click away. As with any product I have worked with, you will encounter a bug here and there. We have, and in general the response of the support team has been great. When there is a bug that has to be sent to developers, it can take some time to iron out. This has been my only source of frustration. Overall I would recommend Absorb to others, particularly those who are looking for an LMS that has a modern look and works well for businesses.

Sarah from VICC

The Learning Exchange LMS

Pros

The product is graphically pleasing and user-friendly when moving through the training courses. I like how the courses track your progress and keep a running list of enrolled and completed courses. I find it to be a very organized system for both an administrator and a learner. In the administrator mode, I like how you can enroll a learner into a course through multiple avenues, all depending on how you want to search for the learner in the system.

Cons

In the administrator mode when enrolling a learner into a course or verifying completion status of a course across an entire department, the system often needs to be refreshed and/or data must be completely cleared and then re-entered in order to search. This is a simple but very frustrating complaint I have about this program.

Rebecca from Birkman

Does most things you want

We are able to have people pay for courses.

Pros

The new learner experience they created is going to bring this software to a whole 'nother level. My ratings and this review is based on the new learner experience, not the previous version. It looks good, works well (has a few bugs they are actively working on), and does almost everything we need as a company. There are a few minor "wants" but the support team seems receptive to getting those going.

Cons

The back-end is not totally intuitive, and it's a little buggy. Sometimes you'll save something and it'll go back to the start page. It still achieves everything you need, it's just not super slick/seamless all the time.

May 2013

Fred from Security Innovation

May 2013

Completely Satisfied

We needed an LMS for our TeamProfessor Application Security eLearning and we settled on Absorb after a broad and detailed search with formal criteria. We eliminated the big guys for cost and lack of flexibility, and the little guys did not have the features or maturity we needed. Absorb has the right set of capabilities that met all of our criteria including scalability, administration ease and flexibility, reporting, and user experience. Absorb is a great value with a simple price model. After passing our evaluation testing, the bonus has been that the team has been great to work with on both the technical and business sides. Day to day needs are handled responsively and efficiently, and when our customers presented deeper challenges the Absorb team delivered for us, without trying to squeeze money from us for every little task. We have rolled out thousands of users already in a very short time and look forward to tens of thousands more. We couldn't be more satisfied.

Pros

User Experience Administration Flexibility Scalability Design Reporting Enrollment Key Feature

Cons

New HTML 5 interface still maturing, but looks great.

Josh from Empowered Life Stores

Solid LMS program

Pros

Cloud based with individual user login access. Tracks each individually with a scorecard track. Provides Admin view to see how your team is progressing from individual scores to percentage of the organization progress.

Cons

Video buffering which requires a strong internet connection. Customizable but not easily searchable.

Great for brand personalization

We are ensuring that our coaches receive consistent information through the modules we have designed. This platform has also allowed us also track module completion.

Pros

Since our elearnings are branded and we are focused on brand pride. We were able to personalize our elearning site, organize lessons based on due dates and topics and create reports on lesson completion.

Cons

We have had some issues with uploading different file types into our document library. This has been something that creates delays in our coaches being able to access the materials needed for our weekly trainings. Supervisors also then don't have the materials to effectively lead their weekly meetings.

Highly visual learning management system. Reporting is top-notch. Can handle complex learning paths.

Pros

The ad-hoc reporting is the easiest I've seen in any LMS. Very easy to check the boxes of the info you're looking for and download a report. Literally only takes minutes. Can handle very complex learning paths.

Cons

It would be cool if they added a bit more talent management features. Career pathing is just "okay" in Absorb.

October 2015

Yung from Renters Warehouse

October 2015

Absorb has best admin UX

We selected the Absorb LMS ahead of Cornerstone onDemand, Lightspeed VT, Skillsoft/SumTotal, ExpertusOne, Growth Engineering, Process Peak, and Moodle based on ease of use for the user interface, as well as having, in my opinion, the best admin interface. Things that took me hours to do in the sandbox of other vendors took minutes with Absorb. Ed Hanson was our salesman and was super friendly and available to answer any questions and concerns. Ultimately, it was very attractive financially and more robust then the slimmed down versions of some of the other LMS vendors. The only issue I've had was with an employee feed into the LMS was more troublesome than expected, but we did not purchase the feed that would have taken care of this issue. While there are other LMS vendors that focus more on gamification and social engagement, the Absorb is easy to use for the learner, which should make training more effortless. The admin is the easiest to navigate of the LMS vendors I've been exposed to, and has exactly what I would expect to help us create a world class LMS for our employees.

Stephen from Wheeler Machinery Co

Absorb LMS...simply great!

This LMS is the best or near the top of providers and tools if you use instructor-led and online learning. For the pricing, you won't find a better tool. Like all solutions there are things that could be improved, but outside of custom products, Absorb LMS is a superb product, with great support, and a company that has become a learning partner.

Pros

Excellent online learning deliver and Instructor Led administration. Reduces administrative demands and simple user interface requires very few clicks. Career module for easy tracking of employee needed and acquired job skills. Great looking site design and flawless implementation. Amazing pricing and good product support. Blatant is a learning partner.

Cons

Must use a third party content development tool. Flash based learning site creates some end user computer compatibility issues. No mobile solution.

Response from Absorb

Replied April 2013

Thanks for your review Stephen! We're happy to share that Wheeler University is now mobile capable with HTML5!

April 2014

Dawn from Mom365

April 2014

Extremely Stable Platform, Great Support Teams, Brand Customizable

As the single developer, content writer and administrator for my company's e-learning solution, Absorb LMS has made my life so easy. Running this system for my company is only about 1/10th of my overall responsibilities, and I don't have a full team developing our online tools, so having a reliable, minimal maintenance system makes it possible for me to do everything. This framework is intuitive and gives many options for customization both on the front and back end. What has astounded me is that in the 18 months that our company has had this system we have had zero critical down time. ZERO. In the beginning I only had a basic understanding of and experience with e-learning systems and the support teams often went above and beyond, being patient with my rookie errors, working the problem, and frequently offering suggestions to my unique issues that were beyond their exact responsibility as support. I never got the feeling that they were brushing off my concerns as "USER ERROR", even when that was the root of the problem. Great Company, Great System!

June 2015

Joshua from 2-1-1 San Diego

June 2015

Great, affordable, easy to use

Absorb is a great LMS and company from start to finish. I had original come across them as I was working on a list of potential LMS's for a large retail company, and when stacked up against industry giants like Cornerstone or SuccessFactors, they were still on our list of top LMS's. When I moved jobs and was given the go ahead to bring in an LMS, I started my search over again, but made sure to reach out to Don at Absorb. Their affordability, great UI (this was very important as our user base was all over the tech savy spectrum), and it is full HTLM 5. They had us up and running with full branding in weeks, and after that I never experienced any downtime or serious issues. We used it the LMS to track both ILTs and e-learning. The reporting could use a little work, but overall I was able to get what I needed out of the back end. Lastly, their support service and ticketing system works great, and I always had responses within a day. My overall experience with Absorb LMS was great, and I highly recommended it to anyone.

Adrianne from Vanderbilt University Medical Center

Excellent LMS!

Pros

The LMS is flexible and scalable. Our large, complex institution is using the LMS to deliver training to employees, students, and volunteers. The product is fully supported on multiple browsers, and the user interface scales beautifully on tablets and phones. Administrators with access to create training are finding it generally easier to use than our previous LMS systems. Updates are frequent and regularly scheduled, and the vendor is open to ideas for improvements.

Cons

My only concerns have been related to the process for suggesting improvements and getting them approved and implemented. The vendor's development team is small, so some improvements take a while to implement.

LMS

I ejoy using our LMS. It is veratile and allows one stop shopping instead of having multiple sites to go to. I do wish it were easier to search. It is very difficult to find lessons that need to be aqssigned (or it may just be I do not use it that often).

Pros

1. Everything in one place. 2. Can assign multiple people and track progress. 3. Can us programs that have already been written or can write your own specific to your area.

Cons

1..The search function could be simplified. I find it very difficutl to find courses to assign.

Sarah from PREM Group

Highly flexible LMS - gives a professional feel to our team's learning journeys.

From the beginning we in PREM have enjoyed our experience with Absorb - the Absorb team and the product are excellent in equal measure. Last year we were exploring various LMS options. It was confusing, but the Absorb team gave us spent a lot of time helping us understand how the system could work for us. I really appreciated this as, relatively speaking, we would not be a very big client for them. Since our sign up we have experienced a highly professional, organised and responsive customer support service. We have recently launched the first of our on-line learning programmes, hosted on Abosrb. We are very proud of the professional look and feel our learners experience when they access the platform. It sets a good tone for the learning to come. The reporting features are very helpful and entirely flexible. It is not until you start using the system that you begin to understand just how easy it is to get the exact report that you want. We're delighted with Absorb!

June 2012

Dustin from Corporate Visions Inc.

June 2012

Superb LMS. Highly Recommend.

We have a yearly software review policy at our company to evaluate the UI, cost, usability, etc. During this review we evaluate other LMS providers and yet none of them even come close to superb quality of Absorb. We highly recommend them!

Pros

We moved from a home grown LMS/CRM system and went shopping for many different LMS providers. After evaluating over 25+ of the top LMS's and talking to LMS Consultants, we happily purchased Absorb. The main reasons for us ws that they are on a CDN (Content Delivery Network), They work with us on customization, they have a great support team, and the ability for us to have self enrollment based on an enrollment key.

Cons

As of the date of this review, parts of our system are still Adobe Flash based. They are working on HTML5 based system in the very near future.

Response from Absorb

Replied April 2013

Thanks for the review - and as promised: HTML5 version is live!

February 2015

Alysha from CareerSmart Learning

February 2015

Prompt Response by Tech Support

I very much appreciate the support Craig and Al and the Absorb Support team provided to me and my team yesterday when our website catalog of courses went down. I know with the time difference Absorb didn't receive our tech support tickets or emails until after business hours in the evening, but you still pivoted and acted quickly to research, identify, and resolve the problem within a couple of hours. In fact, since the problem was resolved before the early AM eastern time, we were able to avoid any marketing/branding/customer service damage on our end and we had our advertising and email promotions back up and sending learners to our ecommerce site and catalog listing before the morning. Turns out it was a simple email address update we made that caused the hiccup, but thank goodness you identified that error on our part quickly. Thank you SO much for the prompt attention to our outreach for help! And, the customer service response from Al and Craig was great.

Cecilia from Telmate

January 2015

Beautiful design and easy to use!

Absorb is a fantastic LMS! They offer full flexibility to customize the user interface. The existing template is very intuitive, so it was an easy for us to add our branding. The LMS is extremely robust and with some basic training you can figure out how to do almost anything you want. You can build an assessment and create surveys in a matter of minutes. Any change you make is instantly updated which helps when testing courses. The experience can be as broad or as detailed as you like with features to force learners to take courses in a certain order or allow learners to create their own learning path. The LMS allows you to upload courses, add instructor-led classroom courses, webinars or bundle courses together to customize learner experiences. Absorb has amazing customer service with prompt responses. The Project Managers are very attentive and help you every step of the way. This is truly an out-of-the-box solution with no extra IT support needed.

Kendra from Vanderbilt University Medical Center

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

January 2015

Gets the job done, but could be more user-friendly

Pros

LMS is a system that allows consistency within a large organization, which can be difficult to do. It is very easy for the learners to navigate and to keep track of courses they have taken in the past. It is almost like a digital filing cabinet for the learners!

Cons

The administrative functions are not easy to navigate. While the actions of adding/managing courses are repetitive, there are obvious things that would make it less complicated and more efficient. Time is of the essence these days and there are steps that are unnecessary in several of the processes. If adjustments could be made to make the administrative functions more user-friendly, my likelihood to recommend would increase.