All Adobe Learning Manager Reviews

Seth

Non-Profit Organization Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed January 2022

The complete package

As a instructional designer for going on 15 years, I've seen e-learning products come and go. Captivate has been a staple on my computer since the start. I use it daily.

PROS

The prebuilt learning templates are easy to use and dynamic. The video conferencing is, as always, easy to yet and extremely reliable. I also really like the PPT integration feature. For my less tech-savy faculty members, this has proven be a very teaching asset.

CONS

The new virtual reality feature isn't quite there in my opinion. I fully believe is the future of online learning and Captivate is going to be one of the leaders in the field. But many users actual hardware isn't quite ready to keep up with this feature.

Bruno

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Very complete

It works for almost all multimedia there is and enables complex interactions

PROS

Very customizable and allow different responsive screens on same course

CONS

Could be more intuitive and have a simpler interface

Reason for choosing Adobe Learning Manager

used to work with adobe pack and it is a very complete software

Cassie

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 employees

Reviewed May 2019

RAE Corp - Captivate Prime Review

It has been good. I wouldn't say great. The customer support is good, very responsive and friendly but often they don't have a solution or explanation for what I need help with. The product is good. It's user friendly but sometimes it can be glitchy and doesn't seem to accommodate every thing that we need it to do in a manufacturing facility.

PROS

I like the new social aspects, developing content and always having fresh content is a huge tasks and I have a very small team so I can see how that will be extremely helpful especially for professional positions. It is very easy to use, I demo's several learning management systems before deciding and this one seemed most practical and affordable. My rep is great and very responsive.

CONS

The reports. It does an okay job of reporting what activities have taken place, but there is still a lot of information that we need that we cannot easily get. We have to do a lot of manipulating in excel to get the info we need. Examples: who can who has logged in but it doesn't tell you who hasn't logged in. You cannot export a report from the content library to easily see what all content exists in the system. Admins don't get notified or have a central place to review what is happening in the social aspect of the system or course discussion boards so it is very hard to control and make sure people don't post anything that would be considered unprofessional or misleading. We need our employees to engage in and track their hands on training but they work in a manufacturing setting, they aren't at computers all day, they don't have access, and most don't know how, to upload a document to confirm they completed an activity module. Because many of our employees don't have computer access on the shop floor they also don't have work email accounts so it would be extremely helpful for them to receive push notifications via text messaging, I know that currently exists for billing and password recovery I don't understand why it isn't possible for enrollment notifications. Supervisors cannot communicate or do evaluations with their employees through the system. I know several LMS systems we demo'd did include that, I was suprised that Adobe didn't have something like that.

Reason for choosing Adobe Learning Manager

You viewed several others that I cannot remember right now. Because Adobe has a reputation for creating great products. It's cloud based, it was affordable, and appeared to be user friendly, and some of the sales reps for the other products were not as responsive as we would have liked. We believed it accommodated more of our needs than it actually currently does.

William

E-Learning, 201-500 employees

Reviewed April 2020

Good trial but expensive

Excellent LMS

PROS

Pretty well organized , attractive , easy to use , a lot of tools , many connections

CONS

Very expensive , we can’t afford it , I am a teacher trying to offer to my university an lms , but I know they would pay all that money

Easier , friendly , more attractive to students

Richard

Consumer Goods, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed January 2019

Improving

We offer outside contractor and visitor training to our clients. This platform has served us well.

PROS

I understand the difficulty in creating a single LMS that will satisfy everyone. We all have very different needs. There is steady, albeit slow, improvement in functionality and features. The options to have different domains and the ability to share content between domains is a nice feature. Much easier to navigate and set up than other LMSs I have used. Customer support has been very responsive.

CONS

The requirement for an email address to log in. I serve a clientele that is not tech savvy and many do not have an email address(I know hard to believe in 2019, but true). You can use a fake email but then the ability to recover your password does not exist. The lack of password control by administrators can be problematic. My usage is external. Many people logging in from all over the country. If they have a password issue I can not help them. The placement of a cookie on your system every time you log in. If the learner does not use the "Sign Out" option and just closes the browser it makes it impossible for another to log in until that cookie is cleared. This is an issue with clients who use the same computer for many users.

Carlos

Restaurants, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed May 2020

Captivate Review

I gave an opportunity to tired and experience with the product for 2nd time, but an e-learning that will take me, with iSpring /Power point to create within less than one day, it took me almost a week and still working on it on the 2nd week. This type of software at this modern age, must be much simpler to execute steps within the navigation and platform with all the technology available at this moment

PROS

The product has great features, but to much time consuming. Old fashion settings , using variables with something that should be automatized and much simpler.

CONS

Integration and actual navigation system.

Reason for choosing Adobe Learning Manager

price point, monthly membership.

Reasons for switching to Adobe Learning Manager

prior experience, great navigation system, and clean e-learning.

Jarrick

Entertainment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Adobe learning manager

PROS

It is easy to follow the simple steps on how to use the program with no problems.

CONS

It takes a while to load the pages but after the pause it's straightforward to business

Bracia

Wholesale, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Adobe Self Help

PROS

What I enjoy most is the easy and convenient of this softawate. It helps my team organize important documents and reports

CONS

What I like least is the number of organizing options.

Arreybesong

Animation, 201-500 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Adobe review

PROS

For the adobe they makes in the high picture design

CONS

They is nothing wrong that I can say about the adobe

Filipe

Automotive, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed August 2023

ALM Review

PROS

great software to engage with customers and to increase colleagues/employers skills

CONS

Not so easy for someone who is not used to the "internet", to expensive for the features.

1 employee

Reviewed October 2019

IN Seach of tommorrows learning and development software - The Future Self Learning Workforce

The overall experience was really good. I tried to see whether a project program could be written to onboard the technology within a company or clients organisation Mainly step by step guidance and some ideas on adoption to ensure the program will be integrated within an organisation. Especially the current new employees joining companies who are used to contributions on digital platforms. Becomming subject matter experts in fields of their profession. I received a small content edittor which was easy to use and could create rapid content. It was easy to use. If the employee workforce will have the tools available to create content easily and have a system available it could support many areas of business. From product development and all the training content it might require. I hope this trend will coninue and see a system LMS as key within organisations investing in Onboarding , Allow Emplyees be well informed. But also more formal as in complaince and mandatory training requiremnts. Espessially now the governemnt has strickly created legislation for ocmpanies to provide learning and development to ensure future growth and organisations need to invest in development of their employees. No by default get expertiese outside your company first train or ensure you r current employees are enabled with LMS. Dimissial without a training or proven development program will not be tollerated by govenrment.

PROS

There are a lot of functionality I came across which supprised or liked during my short journey in Trial. From the challenges, Badges and points scorings to the social learning and the numerous integrations with content providers to have an uptodate curriculum. Also the features to create content for company employees to allow for a companies Mission Vision and core values being regularly distributed and compliance or code of conduct during onboaridng of new employees seemed easy to use and administer.

CONS

I had a excel file with dummy users - fake employees which I tried to upload. This was not such a success and the infomation available during this process was limited. e.g. error messages where limited and the descriptions on how to create and upload where not that extensive. Overal not a big issue but tricky to get right. For prodution I read there is various integrations options so this was one time.

Reasons for switching to Adobe Learning Manager

My switch is due to my assignments. But when going through HR maturity models with organisations I consult for have LMS either during Onboarding or Compliance, Financial Services (ALM), Trust and International Trade, Know Your Clients (KYC check), and programs as with Sarbane Oxley (IFRS) standards and training or the introduction and programs for GDPR or privacy regulations

CHRISTY

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed January 2019

Good LMS choice

We are very happy with our decision on using Adobe Captivate Prime as our LMS. It has suited our needs and it continues to have enhancements made to it. I have enjoyed working with the Adobe team, and they have been very helpful in multiple occasions. We have received very positive feedback from our learners on the easy of use of this product.

PROS

Adobe Captivate Prime is very easy to use. Our learners had no problem fully getting up to speed with how to use it. We enjoy the leaderboard as a way of being competitive with others. As an Admin, I feel like it is pretty straight forward with regards to adding courses, learning plans, and content. The reports feature is very good and continues to get enhancements made to it. All our courses work fine in the fluidic player with no issues. I like the dashboard and My Learning as a way for learners to view the status of their learning.

CONS

I have noticed a few bugs in the software that were reported. Some issues have been fixed and some are still outstanding. I would also prefer to have more control on when my self-paced courses expire. Currently there is a default expiration of six months for courses we want to keep available for longer. Since we have over 400 courses in the LMS, it will be a long process of re-publishing all the courses when they expire. The technical support availability could be a little better. I seem to mostly receive my communication from them in the afternoons (CST). Sometimes it would be nice to get a quicker response when there is an urgent issue.

Kelsie

Retail, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed February 2022

Excellent LMS

Overall, Captivate Prime helped us get huge amounts of people trained and certified, and it's a great LMS.

PROS

This LMS is really well-suited to big companies who need to train. We use it for thousands of employees, and it works great. The ability to make Learning Paths, design courses, and pull reporting is so much better than Adobe Connect.

CONS

There were occasionally errors in the reporting, for which we had to open a support ticket with Adobe. Also, the logging in processes is a bit complex and often throws an error for our employees who share a computer.

Reason for choosing Adobe Learning Manager

We liked the support team at Adobe more and they were better able to handle the franchise side of our business.

The company had outgrown Adobe Connect

Ryan

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed February 2020

Great LMS for a Fair Price

PROS

Captivate Prime is a great learning management system that offers all of the necessary features to help businesses excel in their e-learning programs. It also allows you to pay per user without an unreasonably high "minimum user" requirement.

CONS

The inability to create quiz content within Prime itself is the only feature that I think it is really lacking. Quiz content must instead be authored in other E-learning creation programs first, which can then be hosted on Captivate Prime.

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed August 2018

Perspective of a light user

It gives me what I need to make video recordings of trainings and demos at a much higher quality than a recorded webinar. Once you figure out the quirks, it's easy to replicate the steps from project to project.

PROS

We use the Captivate suite for elearning development. My use is primarily limited to creating training video recordings to achieve higher quality than simply recording a web conference/webinar. From that perspective, I like the ability to create video demos and edit them to remove my hesitations and other hiccups. With a simple USB microphone, the audio quality is very good, and the ability to do basic editing meets my needs. I like being able to easily create multiple mini videos and combine them into a larger project.

CONS

There are a lot of options - it can be a bit much if you are muddling through on your own. There are a lot of external learning resources available, however. I also wish that it was a little more straightforward to edit individual video files after you've brought them into a project. I find that the graphic capabilities (creating title slides, for example) is a little clunky, so I usually just end up designing those in power point and exporting them as jpeg images for the Captivate project.

Building Materials, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed August 2018

A modern LMS with some standout features

PROS

Easy set up and smart rules There are several smart rules which can be built into ACP which allow automatic assigning of teams, courses and learning paths when someone is created or registered in the system. Other LMS’s provide this, but the way this is set up in ACP is intuitive and smart. It drastically cuts down the time needed to get people up and running on the LMS and will save the time that LMS administrators would usually take setting people up. Offline Content ACP seem to have done this better than any other LMS I have trialled. The ability to download all course content and use the system offline, while still experiencing the system as if offline, is a superior offering from ACP. Publishing from Adobe Captivate We already use Captivate to create our eLearinng content and publish our SCORM compliant training packages. Having a system that allows us to publish quickly and easily from our eLearning authoring program to our LMS saves time. Instructor role One unique part of ACP is having a dedicated instructor role which allows training instructors to log in and manage all of their training activities. Other LMS’s have this but tend to be quite complex. The way a user experiences this in ACP is simple and easy to use.

CONS

The software is a little pricier than other LMS's out there on the market.

Faruk

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2018

The latest ring of the chain is completed and Voltron has revealed.

The biggest problem today's world, using very different tools for doing business. However, when we use Adobe products for eLearning ecesystem, we have a single point of contact and support center. It gives us time.

PROS

Adobe Captivate Prime is the latest ring of the chain. We are using Adobe Captivate for rapid course creation and Adobe Connect for webinars. So, on the LMS side, Adobe Captivate Prime gives us an opportunity to manage our eLearning lifecycle from a single point. You have everything under the one band. It gives you a single point of support contact. On the LMS side, we have a great harmony with the eLearning courses which are created by Adobe Captivate. We are uploading our courses to Adobe Captivate Prime directly and manage them easily.

CONS

In my opinion, the user interface needs to be developed for user experience. But I can say that if you are using a big brand and have a good support user-interface is the second issue.

Brynette

Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed August 2019

Great product for on line training

Due to healthcare we cannot always have people attend classroom training. This product allows us the chance to train someone while giving them the chance to have hands on practice. It enhances the adult learning programs we have in place.

PROS

This product is interactive allowing the end user to simulate the software. The recording function is easy to use. Edits are simple.

CONS

Difficulty using the function of setting up a menu that needs to be in order and making the end user go through modules in order. The check mark and X functionality.

Reasons for switching to Adobe Learning Manager

I wanted more than just the ability to watch a video.

Robert