All Adobe Connect Reviews

Nathan

Public Policy, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2018

Robust webinar platform

This platform saves us a ton of money vs. in-person meetings. It's good enough to provide an experience that can substitute for most in-person meetings. We also do numerous training sessions with this platform, record them, and make them available to our partners.

PROS

We probably don't use 30% of the features during any given meeting, but it's nice to have the flexibility of breakout sessions, whiteboards, video conferencing, etc. Most of our sessions are simple PowerPoints uploaded into the room, utilizing integrated telephony and chat for communication. But the system is robust, offering just about anything you could imagine doing in an online meeting. We record most of our sessions, and Adobe offers good tools for editing the recordings, which can then be shared right from Adobe's platform. The pods available in the room allow for document sharing during the meeting, the playing of audio and video files, polling and surveys, and of course screen sharing. The new HTML client means participants don't have to leave the browser to engage in meetings any more, and there is a mobile client for joining meetings via Android or iOS. The admin interface offers branding so you can ensure all the meetings have your company's logo and colors. All in all, it's a pretty slick package.

CONS

My biggest gripe with Adobe Connect is the necessity of engaging a third party in order to achieve integrated telephony. This should be included. To be clear, VOIP is included. I'm simply talking about the ability of participants to call in to a meeting using a regular phone requires a third party. While it's not enough to make me seek a different webinar platform, it is shocking that Adobe has not addressed this glaring issue. The only issue I have with the platform is playing long videos during meetings never seem to work, and it has forced us to all but exclude video from our presentations.

John Aries

Human Resources, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed December 2021

Great tool for an online training class

As a presenter, it is great to know that you will be the only one who can start the conference and there are not chitchats on the side while you are out. However, it will also be a downside since if the presenter is late then no other people can start the conference which can be a waste of time.

PROS

The software provides reporting capabilities on the timestamps of the attendees which makes the attendance reporting of a training class easier than to do it manually.

CONS

While the presenter can manage the microphone usage of the attendees, it is hard as a user to maintain a quiet background because as a user, I did not locate the noise cancellation option.

Reason for choosing Adobe Connect

The reporting capabilities for attendance purposes.

Leanne

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2020

Great for Online Learning but Large Groups are Difficult!

Overall, I have used this program on a daily basis for live, synchronous contact as well as creating recorded lessons. This is invaluable to my online teaching experience. However, I would like to see the functionality and features improved, as well as the ability to teach a greater number of students without delays or disturbances to the lesson.

PROS

I use this on a daily basis for online teaching and learning. Some of the features I found most useful are the different pods for students to respond in, providing interaction and collaboration. Students can draw on the whiteboard, chat in the chat pod, select from multiple choice questions created by the teacher, "raise their hand" using a button, and provide feedback by clicking the different status buttons (green check, red x, etc.). They can also turn on their microphones to answer questions. I am able to pull in videos, files, and presentations for teaching.

CONS

The program runs very slow as more students join. Large groups are not necessarily a problem unless you ask students to begin using microphones or the whiteboard. At that point, I have experienced delays and even crashes, although those are not as common as severe delays. In my experience, any group above 20 students delays the more interactive features (mainly the microphones and whiteboard). This is discouraging since interaction is important to effective teaching and learning. One feature that was taken away that I would like to see re-added is the entry message. When a student "knocks" at the door to enter the classroom, the teacher/user used to be able to save a message for the student to see, such as, "I am out of the office today." I think this feature must have been removed, but I found it extremely beneficial when needing to continue a lesson with one student and ask another to wait.

Shivalay

Accounting, 10,000+ employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed February 2024

Perfect for everyone

PROS

This app helped me flawless attend my lectures without having to worry about connection issue. I particularly like the app, which means I can not worry about accidently closing a browser tab

CONS

I have seen a few, very rare glitches, which I have had to load in, but this has never been an issue

Bruce

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed April 2019

A functional and effective tool for business

We definitely recommend you to try Adobe Connect for your business. With a help of this service, you can easily share files, presentations and organize meetings. In addition, it helps to stay in touch with your team despite a location.

PROS

The best thing about Adobe Connect is its functionality. The software offers different pools, chats, file shares, and quizzes. In addition, there are multiple designs which are very useful for work. We are convinced that Adobe Connect service will help you to conduct online conferences, meetings, training classes or webinars much more successful. Adobe Connect is a web conferencing service with a help of which you can easily share data and multimedia files. With the assistance of this software, you can get back immediate feedback from hundreds of users. Moreover, with this tool, you can easily lead to webinars and online meetings.

CONS

There is no doubt that Adobe Connect has more advantages than disadvantages, but some issues should be improved. Firstly, it is a little bit hard to figure out everything connected with the interface’s features and options because of an interface itself a bit overloaded. It takes some time to sort out everything and learn all the necessary combinations. Moreover, the service can easily shut down or freeze without any reason.

Gurpreet

Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed March 2020

Use of Adobe Connect

I liked using adobe connect, once you figure out all the nuances it is fairly easy to use. The only reason I stopped using it was because my employer would no longer support the use of it.

PROS

At the time when I used this service, it was completely free to use. This was the main reason I used it. Not terribly hard to use but there were some challenges.

CONS

At times it was difficult hearing everyone in the session. Sometimes I would have everyone in the session mute their microphones with the exception of the individual that was presenting.

Reasons for switching to Adobe Connect

Adobe connect was free and supported by my employers IT department

Sueda

Computer Software, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2021

So..

PROS

I used adobe connect to join my online classes. Actually I don't like it at all. It looks like an old software and I don't like to use it. There is a lot of better options. So I would not use adobe connect again if I don't have to.

CONS

Absolutely the interface. I don't like it. It looks really old.

Reasons for switching to Adobe Connect

I was have to. My university started using adobe connect. So I used it as a must. If I could choose, I would never choose connect.

Ric

Financial Services, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Get connected with Adobe

Enjoyed using it as it made employees who both work at home and in office available to access the same workbooks

PROS

Adobe connect is great for our hybrid work environment, when we have specific trainings that require workbooks now we can all be in one classroom setting and know that everyone is there and being attentive

CONS

Adobe connect does seem a bit dated compared to newer softwares and it’s UI shows that, doesn’t have the best video quality either which is why we use it to partner with zoom and open the connect separately

Rayna

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed November 2023

Adobe connect is really a classic

PROS

I love how it’s easy to use and so simple to connect with minimal lagging.

CONS

I always feel like adobe connect can become more modernized by adding more color

Sahar

Professional Training & Coaching, 1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed September 2023

Just another virtual meeting tool

Average. Nothing incredible

PROS

I didn’t find anything unusual about it. It’s just another meeting tool.

CONS

It’s not as popular as Zoom and Webex and when rest of the colleagues and stakeholders prefer Zoom, AdobeConnect has lost its worth and popularity.

Adrian

Food & Beverages, 1,001-5,000 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed September 2019

A No-Frills Online Meeting Tool

Overall Adobe Connect was an acceptable tool, but I preferred the look/feel of WebEx and GoToMeeting which seemed a bit more modern. For an individual account, I prefer Zoom but haven't experienced that as an enterprise tool so I don't truly know how it compares. The few times I did need user support as an admin for Connect, I had a heck of a time trying to track down a live human being - it was not easy getting help until we threatened to cancel our subscription. I probably wouldn't be quick to recommend this tool since there are so many alternatives out there these days.

PROS

Connect has a very simple structure of pods that can be turned on or off, depending upon the features you'd like to have available for your meeting. Some examples include chat, drawing, video, screen sharing, polling. The user interface is extremely easy to manage, and I used to train college faculty to use this for offering online classes and lectures - 95% of the time there were absolutely no issues. It is easy to learn, easy to use, and meetings/webinars can be recorded for later viewing.

CONS

From an administrator perspective, the admin console for this tool was very outdated. Each user had a folder, within each folder was a series of links for old meetings and recordings. It was complex enough that we opted to have admins manage meeting room creation for all users because it just wasn't very intuitive. The pod look was already a bit outdated when I stopped using the software a few years back, and there were some limits in terms of how many people could be sharing their webcams at once. Also, we found that if more than 2-3 people had their microphones active, there was a lot of feedback, so we always told people to mute everyone unless they absolutely needed to hear participants.

Reviewed July 2018

Very useful tool for hosting virtual meetings. Does have a few bugs and limitations!

This is a great software for hosting interactive virtual meetings and classes.

PROS

I have used Adobe Connect for hosting MANY meetings where some attendees could not be on campus. It works well for its purpose. It has just enough features to do everything that you need it to, but not so many features that it is overwhelming. I frequently use the recording feature to keep track of meetings and distribute them later to folks who couldn't attend (as well as go back and listen to some parts for note-taking purposes). It's also nice to be able to switch between meeting room formats so that you can share a separate screen, add notes during the webcast, upload files to share with other participants, etc.

CONS

Honestly, I feel that there are some better options available that have the same types of features. Adobe Connect tends to be quite buggy. I've had a lot of problems with people getting dropped or having bad connections. Sometimes audio or video freezes up while we are using it, especially when trying to share screens. Participants also have to be a bit tech-savvy when using the software, if they want a good experience. I found that many of the people tuning in did not have headphones which caused a lot of volume/feedback issues. I often end up having to put "tech support" shoes on while trying to run a meeting, in order to get everyone on the virtual end to be able to hear and see the meeting clearly.

Adelyn

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2019

Good purposes, needs more work on its execution

PROS

Leaders of the meeting can customize the layout of the Adobe Connect room which is very nice to have. You can have pods inside, like notes pods or certain buttons to click to let the instructor/leader/host know that you would like to raise your hand to speak, agree, disagree, step away from the meeting, ask them to speed up or slow down, etc.

CONS

The software constantly lags, uploads can be slow, and sometimes it kicks members out of the room (or even the host) for no reason. In principle this software is extremely useful, but could really use some user experience work. In my experience, our video conferences have been randomly frustrating when Adobe Connect acts up and we've had to switch to different modes of communication, which is difficult to work with when you want to rely on one source.

Faiyaz

Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2020

An expensive option compared to others...

My overal experience with Adobe connect is cool but very expensive for me! So had no other choice but to migrate to a cheaper option...

PROS

Ideal for High end professionals who need to be under the hood of Adobe Ecosystem. Meetings and heavy files sharing are available. Adobe's smooth as well as attractive navigation and interface is just mindblowing! Slide Sharing and Audio recoring or Playback is Awesome! Screensharing, Whiteboard and lots of other exclusive features.

CONS

Expensive!!! 50$ a month! other than that the Cons are likely very less! But one of them is also major! It works Properly in Chrome Browser of Mac But not in PC. IE is to be used to solve the problem. Virtual Background is still not supported but its not a serious issue or just can be termed as a fancy one!

Reasons for switching to Adobe Connect

More expensive than adobe connect!

Brad

Computer & Network Security, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed September 2020

Solid product

PROS

I like how reliable and easy to use Adobe Connect is as well as the many features that are available for collaboration.

CONS

It seems like Adobe is not investing much into the future of this product and I have started to use better more modern competitors.

Corporate standard

Riyaz

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed November 2018

Adobe Connect for Meetings and Webinars

Adobe Connect is great when it works. When it does not, you have to deal with the reseller and Adobe. Both tend to point fingers at each other versus attempting to resolve the issue for you.

PROS

Adobe Connect is a versatile product that can very easily be used to host meetings and webinars. We use it for training sessions where we have attendees interact with various aspects of the program and with each other. The interaction keeps the attendees engaged and interested in the material being presented or taught.

CONS

The Adobe Connect reporting and dashboard capabilities are not intuitive. You really have to think and try out different scenarios before you find the format that works for you. We're also seeing latency when launchign the event catalog.

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed July 2018

Better for larger organizations than small biz owners or solopreneurs.

PROS

I first used Adobe Connect when I was doing training and professional development for a large non-profit. I used it quite literally everyday and found it essential to creating a quality learning environment. Now I use it sporadically for teaching my own courses and sometimes recommend it to clients and assist them in setting up their webinars/courses. This is a true e-learning tool that's probably more than what most small biz owners will need. It's definitely intended for pros and people who do quite a bit of online teaching. (I.e., if you just need video conferencing, there are easier to use and less expensive options. But if you frequently need to create a professional and interactive virtual classroom, this is a great tool.) It has the expected functions: screensharing, PDF/document sharing, survey and Q&A capabilities, meeting recording, etc. Customer service is good, but I rarely needed it since they have some quality tutorials available.

CONS

The price is on the expensive side and the more functionalities you use, the glitchier it can get. However, I found that most of the glitches happened on the host side of things, not the end-user or student side.

Chandni

Computer Software, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2021

Sophisticated and Great Video Conferencing Tool

It is one of the best tools I have personally come across, even given its drawbacks. It helps maintain a consistency in the product delivery and by far, I have not faced any major problems. I would certainly recommend this over the competition.

PROS

The software stands out in comparison with competition as: - Quickly connect with clients and co-workers inter large conferencing rooms with a password protection. - You can chat and do video conferencing simultaneously - you can share links, and even upload documents - Pods - the software allows us to upload files into the server which are organised or grouped together for easier downloads. These are highly customisable. - Easy to do recording of sessions and has a special attendance (roll count) section for better customer use - Has a great playback quality enabling better recollection for later.

CONS

Though a very straightforward software, it has its own challenges: - It seems very cluttered to begin with. You have to do customised re-arrangement for better visual appearance. - Sometimes it randomly removes people from the conference room. It was a major issue in the beginning but seems to be improving with time. - There is a problem with uploading certain files like word document, while some like pdf documents need to be resized constantly.

Dinidu