• Pros

• "Easy to use. Intuitive. Great features. And the studio of tools is phenomenal"

• "Great suite of software for eLearning Development - makes it easy for anyone. I like to content library, the characters that come with the package, and the templates."

• "It is extremely easy to use and very intuitive. I 've created a few interactive modules using the software. The content library of high resolution images adds to the quality of the output."

• Cons

• "There are occasional bugs, but the support team is usually very quick about helping to resolve any issue."

• "The price is definitely not the best for a small organization but you definitely do get a lot of benefits"

• "Certain software development must have are still needed every now and then. Other than that, the software is perfect."

Browse Articulate 360 Reviews

Emre from ICOM Productions

Great software for great learning experiences

Creating interactive learning: branching scenarios, drag and drop interactions, creating the feel of interacting with an environment (e.g. office in an onboarding program)

Pros

Storyline is easy to use. It enables you to make interactive learning fast. Interface that resembles Powerpoint will help new users feel welcome.

Cons

Small/medium sized businesses that have less frequent needs for e-learning may not have the budget for an on-going subscription. I'd like it if the price point was lower.

Reasons for Choosing Articulate 360

Storyline 3 is another great product that is not on subscription pricing.

Chris from Logix Federal Credit Union

Game Changer for Instructional Designers

This has completely elevated our department's ability to create organization-specific training. We can quickly create professional looking programs that continue to impress our stakeholders. I cannot confidently say that our previous internally created eLearning courses were up to this caliber that now Articulate 360 gives us.

Pros

This is such an easy tool to adopt and use for training. We use this to create training programs for various initiatives at our organization. All products help us make the final eLearning courses for our stakeholders. From the video creation capabilities found in Peek and Replay 36 to making interactive content in Storyline and Rise. It also makes it absolutely easy for your stakeholders to give feedback on the material created when using the Review feature. Comments can be made directly onto a slide and/or scene of your course. It is also extremely easy to create a professional looking and cohesive program using the different templates and media found in the Content Library. I am so happy we got this product since Adobe is a steep learning curve for those of us new to instructional design.

Cons

Perhaps my biggest pain point is in regards to logging in. Sometimes, I receive errors while logging on. I believe it has something to do with my organization's strict information security / networking guidelines. They are wary of cloud-based systems right now.

Michael from SilkWeb Consulting and Development

SilkWeb, an eLearning Company Prefers Articulate 360

I have been using Storyline for over 6 years.

Pros

The best product in this learning suite is Storyline. You can do essentially anything you want with this Storyline in terms of eLearning. From animations to simulations to videos, this product is an excellent partner when developing online courses.

Cons

Rise, which is also a product in this suite has a ton of potential, but there are some major flaws. For example, you cannot copy or move individual screens to a new lesson. It is also not very great if you want to add audio to screens. You can import individual Storyline screens into a Rise project, but at that point, you may as well just build in Storyline. I see its usefulness for novice developers as its very easy to use, as opposed to Storyline which is very technical to use and really made for professional developers.

Patricia from United Motorcoach Assn

Needs better instructions for beginners.

I will give it another try when I have to create course material in the future.

Pros

I can't really find anything good about the product yet. I tried to use it to build courses. I think maybe there should have been better tutorials for beginners.

Cons

The product was cumbersome and I could not figure out how to use it.

Brandon from Vistana Signature Experiences

Truly the best authoring tools!

Storyline is incredibly easy to learn. If you want to do something, you can always find a way to make it happen in Storyline. I credit the training I have created to being able to have access to this tool.

Pros

Articulate 360 suite has all of the tools I need to create the best e-learning possible and then some. It's intuitive to figure things out and takes very little time for a new user to learn. One feature I recently discovered and now LOVE, is the translation function. One simple button allows me to print out a word document to send out for translation. Once the translator updates the word document, I just upload it back into the training and within minutes, the entire course content is translated; all on-screen text, notes text, buttons, everything. It places the text right where it needs to be with all the same font settings. Even better is the text to speech functionality allows you to insert audio in many languages and dialects with closed captioning. Great for companies that need training in multiple languages.

Cons

I really cannot think of anything that I dislike about this software.

Reasons for Choosing Articulate 360

Before purchasing, I compared Articulate 360 to Adobe Captivate. In this comparison, I can honestly say there were more features in Articulate 360 than Captivate and where both had the same feature most of them were more advanced and easier to use in Storyline. A huge bonus for me was Rise. For the last year I really overlooked this feature. After trying this part of the Suite, I love it! It makes simple training easy to create and easy for learners to get it. The product comes out beautifully and the feedback from learners has been exceptional. This comparison seems to be a common one that I have seen over the years. While Storyline may have limitations years ago, they have truly listened to customers and continued to develop new features and enhance features as well. Captivate really has had very few changes in the last few years and seems like they are being pushed out of the authoring tool market by Articulate and others.

Rachel from Athena Software

Best e-learning tool

I use this took daily. It is amazing and constantly improving. The e-learning heroes community is phenomenal when it comes to needing anything.

Pros

Easy to use. Intuitive. Great features. And the studio of tools is phenomenal

eLearning Design made easy

Easy to use, great support forum, fast cloud based development in Rise

Pros

This subscription makes it so easy to develop amazing eLearning courses. From quick cloud based courses in Rise, to more elaborate course development in Storyline. It does not get easier.

Cons

As always, the subscription cost could be lower not thankfully it is not outrageous. I wish they would get rid of Quizmaker already.

Reasons for Choosing Articulate 360

We purchased both but Articulate is so much better and more stable!

Amazing software that begs you to make interactive HTML5 courses

I am able to make interactive HTML5 courses that play without issues on mobile devices

Pros

I like that there are regular updates and support with the subscription model. The multi state object interface is so much better than captivate’s.

Cons

It is very pricey for a freelancer and the publishing options can be confusing for packaging your course correctly for Captivate Prime LMS

Nina from UBT

Articulate 360 - One Stop Shop for E-Learning Courses

Overall, we find that Articulate courses are the most popular thing that we sell to our clients. We needed a way to show clients that our training is not boring and that something simple and interactive can do the trick. The knowledge checks and interactivity have increased retention of training by 40% with the use of these products, externally for our clients and internally for our team when we use it for training purposes. We've also found that it keeps clients engaged throughout, as they are able to have access to it and provide feedback easily. It helps them feel like they are part of the whole thing, rather than just being shown a final product without any say.

Pros

What I love about Articulate is the ease of use. We use this for internal and external process and we rarely run into issues where people don't know how to use it. It's a clean and clear design which is also helpful for the type of training we create, since we are usually pairing down dense content and making it more interesting. The modern interface and features makes our products look great and makes the customer happy because they now have something that feels more exciting to their learners. The ability to add voiceover in Storyline and adding graphics/widgets in Rise are little things that go a long way in helping to make our training interactive and much more interesting for clients. The project review tab also makes it easy for our clients to go in and add feedback and for us to retain that feedback, which helps with the efficiency of the project (less calls, emails, etc).

Cons

I do sometimes wish we had the opportunity to add voiceover within Articulate, particularly in Rise. We'd like to be able to have a few more options for that as our clients request it frequently and we feel like we have to do a stop-gap approach of just small snippets. I also know that the widgets don't always function as they should, however, these are small glitches that usually are handled by the Articulate team quickly.

Randy from Applied Medical

Industry: Medical Devices

Easy to Use. Good and Plenty of Features.

Overall, it's a positive experience. Sure, it is not the complete wishlist for every training designer, but it has enough features to create a concrete learning experience. Not to mention that it saves TONS of time.

Pros

Easy to Use: Articulate has done a great job with this product's UX/UI. Convenient: with 360, you have solid design tools, review tool, asset bank, and more. Saves Time: The content development tools' UI allows you to quickly create contents. Moreover, you can publish courses/review/preview with the click of a button.

Cons

First and foremost, the pic/video embedding feature have limited resolution, so your courses are not in HD. I understand that helps us save hard disk space, but it does affect the resolution a bit. Secondly, Articulate Rise has only a few feature options to support multimedia/multi-sensory needs. For instance, it doesn't allow background audio. Of course, you can always resort to Articulate Storyline for that.

Tim from Spaid Associates

Powerful eLearning Platform Suite

Overall, this platform is all that I need. It functions well even on my older Windows Surface. Sure there are minor things that can be a nuisance, but that is true of most platforms and many times it is a matter of learning and adjusting. When you adopt Articulate 360, you are joining a whole community of eLearning designers and developers with a wealth of experience. To me, having a community around a platform is invaluable.

Pros

Articulate 360 is a suite of eLearning programs allowing you to developing engaging online learning content in numerous ways and for different levels of users. Need and easy-to-use tool to create dynamic content that is responsive design without a lot of effort, Rise is just one simple tool that is also quite powerful (i.e. you can embed Storyline content into Rise). Want to give your PowerPoint a lift, Articulate Studio 360 to the rescue. Articulate 360 includes an online Review program allowing others to provide feedback. Articulate has an extensive Content Library 360 available of characters, poses, illustrations, photos so you may not have to spend a ton licensing content for your eLearning. Articulate also provides tools for capturing and recording your screen. But the piece de la resistance is Articulate Storyline 360. This is the anchor of Articulate and like so many robust tools there is a learning curve. The good news is there is a strong online Articulate Community and you can find answers and solutions from others who have no doubt been down the road ahead of you. The webinars that they do are outstanding in quality and I attend as many as I can.

Cons

The continual updates came to bite Articulate, and me as a user. One day after updating, which I do routinely I found my ability to Preview content in Articulate Storyline 360 to not work properly. The ability to Preview content and see the timing of elements on a slide is critical. The good news is I was able to uninstall the update and work in an earlier version. However, while Articulate continued to release updates and add features, I was unable to take advantage of them. The coordination of information by their Technical Support on this critical issue was sub par. I was more apt to figure out when a solution was available through trial and error. Although this earlier issue has been mostly resolved, it still has some lingering problems. Again, the Articulate Community far exceeds the copy/paste responses you can get from Technical Support.

Tracy from Southlake Regional Health Centre

All you need to develop quality elearning experiences

Articulate 360 is an incredible collection of tools for the elearning developer and designer. Starting with Studio - users can quickly and easly create courses from materials already develop or start from scratch. Interactions are ready for you to import and use to get your course completed in a flash. Storyline is more robust for developers. Anything I can dream I can usually design. From simple click-continue, to robust scenario branching. The option to include various types of trigger operations and variables leaves the possibilities to create engaging interactions endless. The Content Library is there when I need it for gorgeous template designs. They are simple and clean, yet have some animations built in to catch the eye. I've used the templates available from design set and have mixed and match layouts as needed. Beyond that there are also a wide variety of characters, both photographic and illustrated, that can be included. I use less of these because of the nature of my work and that they don't really represent our staff look, but I have used a few. There is also thousands of images and icons that can be used. I accessed the icons more than images as these don't always meet my particular need as well in a health care setting. The Review feature has been a wonderful addition to my tool set. Before I was having users email me or fill out a template to edit projects. Now I just upload it to Review, send it out and users can let me know slide-by-slide what needs correcting. Reviewers can also see each other's comments so the need to filter through repetative comments cuts my editing time as well. I do wish there was an annotation feature included, but perhaps in an upcoming version this will be included. Replay I use quite often to screen capture and record. I love the option to edit the video as needed and add in titles where I need as well. Rise is not an element I have yet been able to use within my LMS set up, but I have create a few test courses and seen some amazing projects within the community. Really happy I went with Articulate 360.

Pros

Please see my overall review. Ease of use and familiar interface. Saves my progress Review feature has been an amazing addition. New trigger options add for so many more design interactions to be created. Great addition to the number of characters and poses available. Collection of templates ready for me to use and mix-match as needed has cut some development time.

Cons

See my overall review. Characters' expressions are still a little too "over the top" Characters and images don't necessarily match my work environment so I need to use sparingly. Rise doesn't work well in my IE work environment, but I believe it is more an LMS issue than anything. Looking forward to finding a way to use it though.

Brooke from Yukon Learning

Create e-learning has never been easier with Articulate 360

Articulate 360 is the perfect suite of tools for any type of e-learning. If you design and develop e-learning, you need to have the Articulate 360 tools in your arsenal. They provide a one-stop shop for all things e-Learning, including but certainly not limited to: interactive branching with scenario-based learning, iPad development, responsive design, upgraded HTML5 compliance, system simulations with the built-in screen recording tool, sliders, motion pathing for animation purposes, and so much more. Collaboration amongst our reviewers is a snap with Articulate Review. Goodbye, Excel spreadsheets and shared Google Drive documents...Articulate Review provides our SMEs and stakeholders one, easy to use tool for capturing all their feedback. And allows us to make comments back to comments. Lifesaver! Articulate 360 is head and shoulders above the other tools and suite of tools on the market. It truly combines the features of most rapid e-Learning tools on the market in one easy-to-use tool. And, the Articulate community is just a bonus addition...no other company's support can compare to what Articulate provides. Using Articulate 360 we have decreased our development timeline significantly across the board. Our customers love the speed with which we can create interactive and engaging courses.

Pros

- Articulate's community is just a click and email away...support when you need it. The amount of free templates, storyboards, ideas, and graphics is absolutely amazing. We all share information, issues, and resolutions together, making for a true "community" of e-Learning professionals. - Articulate's Storyline 360 tool enables you to import a PowerPoint and add engagement through built-in interactions, or you can start from scratch and build the same look and feel. - Easy enough for beginners, robust enough for programmers.

Cons

This is harder to define because Articulate is amazing at taking feedback and requests from its community and adding it to the roadmap for the product. We are awed by the sheer number of enhancements provided in their updates to the product.

Shelby from Oklahoma State University

A 360 Review for Articulate

My overall experience is that I look like a Rockstar and Articulate makes it so easy. That is due in large to their overall service through the community and training.

Pros

The free trial sets people up for success. If you choose to use the trial, you start to receive email notices from Articulate gurus offering assistance and tips. So, immediately you are introduced to the community. The community of e-learning first-timers to pros offers a great security blanket, helping you realize you are not alone! The product itself offers several options for creating learning for everyone. From a "powerpoint" look-a-like with Storyline to Rise which offers authors a quick way to create responsive learning to screen recording and a lot more.

Cons

There is nothing I do not like about this software.

Service and community.

Veronica from Storyline Developer

Articulate 360 - Every an e-learning developer needs

Articulate 360 is a suite of e-learning products every e-learning developer should have. We know how great and popular Storyline is, and now Storyline 360 is even better. Add to that the new Content Library, Rise and Review, among others, and you're set! Beginners can create great looking e-learning literally in minutes, while it's powerful enough for advanced users to create complex pieces. Rise, the new fully responsive authoring tool, is a breeze to use and produces stunning, responsive results. Best of all, with the new subscription model users get fixes, updates and new features super regularly. I've managed to reduce my operating costs too. I no longer need an expensive subscription to a reviewing service because Articulate Review is included in the suite and does an awesome job. Easy to upload and share, great version control and commenting functions. I have cancelled 3 other subscriptions: 2 for images and 1 for videos because I can now get all the assets I need in Content Library. Overall, I would highly recommend this software to beginner and advanced e-learning developers alike. Highly satisfied.

Pros

Ease of use and power. Range of tools to do all the jobs I need. Subscription model with frequent updates.

Cons

Would like to see an option to pay for a subscription monthly, with a discount for annual payments.

Abigail from The Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh

Storyline has come a long way

I started out on Storyline so it holds a soft spot for me in a lot of ways, but I'm expecting some big updates for Rise in future.

Pros

I think Articulate have worked really hard to develop as full a suite of tools that most e-learning professionals will need on the job - including Storyline, Rise and Review. I do like the Content Library for the most part but when you work in a specialist industry, it becomes very limited very quickly.

Cons

Rise is missing a lot of features that would make it more desirable than using Storyline in these days of rapid development. Storyline development is just too slow to work with regularly in my day-to-day work so I rely on Rise more (though this is due to working with another piece of software in another job that was similar but far superior however for agnostic device development, it's useful) - they need to configure the software to handle far more functionality such as more than 1 option for multimedia in a specific function type, i.e. I would like to add more than a single picture in an Accordion or Timeline function. I also don't like the Scenario function where you are stuck to using cheesy character photos when you have ones you want to upload and use. There needs to be a lot of tweaks to make Rise as superior as other products on the market.

Sam from Joelearning.com

Articulate 360 - Integration is Key

With the new release of Articulate 360, I now have all of the Articulate resources under one roof (okay, it's a panel-like thing) and the new features, including super cool professionally illustrated characters, mobile publishing options and a monster (and very diverse) content library just make sense. I've said it before - someone at Articulate is paying attention and they "get" the eLearning industry and where designers, like me, want to go with new ideas. So, you don't need to have Captivate, eLearning Brothers (sorry guys) and Presi on your list of "must-haves" anymore - not once you've made the upgrade to Articulate 360.

Pros

Content Library, triggers (they're awesome and don't require a ton of Action Script to make them work), controls (have you seen Markers, the Dial and the Slider??), diverse character libraries and simple, effective publishing options that make moving the course to an LMS a breeze.

Cons

I wish it had an inline photo editor - then I could REALLY kick Adobe to the curb.

Articulate 360 is a great design product with limits.

This is an easy to use design software that is flexible enough to do a lot of really amazing things if you are creative. The various products within the 360 suite further expand the possibilities for learning design and delivery across multiple platforms. The communities associated are very responsive allowing me to engage with others using the product to expand my understanding of the capabilities and work through specific challenges that I encounter.

Pros

This is a great instructional design product that allows for seamless communication throughout the iterative process with all involved. The product makes designing online learning easy and opens up tons of possibilities for the creatively minded.

Cons

While there are many options and flexibility when it comes to adding in Java scripting, I have found that the support in this area is lacking. Also some simple and useful feature requests have been ignored across various versions despite long lists in the discussion forums requesting such logical feature upgrades. Other issues that I have with the product are really issues with SCORM which has its own limitations and issues.

Michael from Artisan E-Learning

Articulate 360 shows promise to be a game changer.

Upgrading to Articulate 360 has been very exciting, it's nice to have access to all of Articulate's existing software, plus two new screencasting and four new web-based tools. The latest version of Storyline brings new features and enhancements that really help to take my projects to the next level; perhaps the best feature being the new responsive player. Out of the new web-based tools, Review and Content Library have been the most exciting additions to my development toolbox. The review helps me to share projects with testers, SMEs, and Stakeholders in a way that consolidates the feedback process while giving me the ability to see exactly what the reviewer saw when they left their comment(s), no more guessing what was meant by a vague piece of feedback on a spreadsheet. The Content Library shows a lot of promise as new characters and media assets are added and do not require additional licensing or attribution. I'm hopeful that it'll help reduce the need for 3rd party stock media websites, which can get quite costly in a short period of time. The only downside is the current subscription plan, one size fits all at a single annual price point. I don't really use Studio or Replay, so having them included in the bundle doesn't really benefit me but increases the cost. I'd love to see Articulate offer other tiers, or the ability to customize the bundle of software for my team to maximize ROI.

Pros

I like the new features that have been added to the existing tools, but the addition of the web-based tools is really what makes Articulate 360 shine. The opportunity to collaborate with the Review tool alone made the upgrade to Articulate 360 worthwhile. The rest is just the cherry on top of the cake.

Cons

Single, one-size fits all model for the subscription plan.

Brett from Anonymous

Articulate takes a big step into the future

Articulate has taken my favorite authoring tool to a new level by building it into a suite of tools for an elearning developer. Being cloud based allows for frequent updates, in fact an update came out just today. My favorite new tools are Rise, a fully responsive development app, and Review, an online tool for collecting comments/feedback from SMEs/clients during the development phase.

Pros

There is much to like about the software but I'd say the support community that Articulate has put together is unmatched. Staff and community members are just phenomenal.

Cons

It's a suite of products, basically everything that Articulate makes, and it's all or nothing. While it is still possible to buy some of the original products as standalones and Articulate is promising support for these you can't get the cloud-based apps ala carte. I wish they offered a model like Adobe does with its Creative Cloud where you can purchase the whole package or just select the specific ones you're interested in.

Niyeda from Apex Payroll

I love this product and the user community it has built!

Pros

The innovative team behind the software is always making improvements and with Articulate 360, those updates are available to you immediately versus having to wait until you can upgrade to the next series. Also, your imagination is the limit! You can create just about anything by using power point experience, some logic and your imagination. It has an amazing user and staff community that can help you solve issues from triggers, to java script to just figuring out the design from another designers perspective. The 360 package comes with easy access to characters, icons, images and videos. One of my favorite tools is the feedback link so that subject mater experts and stakeholders can provide feedback that ties with the slide they are viewing. Articulate 360 also comes with other goodies like the ability to create a simple website course in Rise to also having a decent screen recording tool.

Cons

It will freeze and shut down more often than you like so be sure to save often to your local drive and change your auto save from the default 10 minute interval to 5 minutes.

Ryan from Quorum Health

Articulate Unifies the Product Line and Blows Me Away.... Again.

I've been using Storyline 2 for the past two years, and have been one of its most loyal fans. So, needless to say, when Articulate 360 was announced, I had high expectations. I expected iterative improvements, but instead, experienced a massive, sweeping upgrade across the entire product line. The improvements to Storyline, including the addition of new interactive elements, and access to a robust content library would have gotten me excited about upgrading. But the addition of Rise, Review, Peek, and Prezo to the suite make this a no-brainer. You get to keep everything you love about the products you know how to use and get to work within a familiar interface. But to add to that, you also get access to new types of content creation and review tools that have drastically sped up my workflow over the last few weeks. This really is a game-changer for me, even though I didn't know that the game could be changed again!

Pros

Articulate Review blows me away. Reviewing content with project stakeholders and clients has always been a major pain point for me, and with Dropbox ending its Public Folder support in 2017, Review has come in at just the right moment. The Content library will save me hundreds of dollars a year in content licensing fees, and Rise makes it easy for me to quickly create new types of content. Publishing in HTML5 and previewing how content will look on multiple device types is amazing.

Cons

I don't really use Articulate Studio 360, so I think it would be nice to offer customers a small discount if they wanted to leave that feature off. But then again, at the current price point, I'm not going to complain.

Phil from Elearning Laboratory

Articulate 360 the all in one solution

I have now been using Articulate 360 for 5 months, the is a suite of desktop and cloud based apps that provide an all in one solution for learning developers. This package include 3 authoring tools, Articulate Studio, Articulate Storyline and Rise. Articulate Studio 360 is the fastest way to cover powerpoint presentations into fully functioning interactive learning, this tool has a new html5 rendering engine that is industry leading and looks simply amazing. Articulate Storyline 360 has the same new HTML5 rendering engine as Studio but also adds in new triggers, new dials, ability to preview in HTML5 but also to see how the content will look on other devices, you also have the ability to lock the orientation of the devices if you prefer landscape over portrait. Rise is a fully responsive authoring tool that is simple and fast to use yet produces some of the best looking learning around. As well as the authoring tools, Articulate 360 gives you access to Review a simple way of sharing and conducting SME reviews. The Content Library where you can download, characters, images, templates and so much more. 360 also has a dedicated screen recording tools such as Peek and iPad apps. As well as an unlimited education through Articulate live, there have already been new features and functions added since release and this can only get better.

Pros

Storyline 360, Rise

Cons

slow publish

Melissa from Ferguson Enterprises, Inc.

Articulate 360

I really love being able to preview what my course will look like on a mobile device, and the fact that I don't have to manually redisgn a layout to be mobile friendly, since the software moves the menu for me. I like the new asset library, and being able to access it right from Storyline 360. I haven't had a chance to use the review tool yet, but am really excited about it! No more having to make tempshare links! Rise is also a nice tool for simple courses - I really like the ease of use, and it speeds up development time. Having the ability to use the blocks as placeholders helps me visually structure my content before I even have to put "content" in. I wish we had the ability to center text and pictures in Rise, and maybe change sections of font, or underline sections of font.

Articulate 360 Review

I love Articulate 360. I've mostly used the Rise program to create short courses but have used it to develop and create a year long course broken into modules. The learner love the sleek design and how easy it is to navigate. It meets all of our needs on our team.

Pros

I love Rise in the Articulate 360 suite! It is easy to use, streamlined, professional and functions like any eLearning course. I can create eLearning courses in half the time using Rise in Articulate 360. The knowledge check block is a great way to assess the content learned included right in the course versus having to go to another site to do the knowledge check. The images to choose from are of great quality and fit into most topic areas. The functionality and the clean look make for an engaging and interactive course!

Cons

You are definitely constrained to the functionality in Articulate 360 versus using Storyline but there are a lot of options in Rise to customize.

Adrian from Heinen's Corporate

The tool I've always wanted to master

Pros

I have been following the eLearning Heroes blog (by the trainers for Articulate) for years, and am thrilled to finally have an opportunity to work with this software. The 360 product includes multiple products - including the flagship Storyline program, also heavy hitters Rise and Studio. The 360 suite includes desktop versions and web versions, depending upon your need. I haven't even been able to dig into the features as much as I would like to because I'm still in a new role and focused on other tasks, but I'm excited about the possibilities that this product makes possible. The best thing about this sophisticated set of tools is the support that is available for learners and users. Articulate offers weekly (perhaps daily) training sessions on how to use the various programs included in 360, and the eLearning Heroes blog is a wealth of information. The trainers even have elearning challenges to prompt users to learn more of the indepth features. The support is also exceptional. In my new job, I was given a flash drive full of files from an old Articulate Presenter project and a deadline by which to get the product updated and working for our new LMS. Since the files were a bit dated and I was still learning to use the product, a Customer Support Engineer exchanged dozens of emails with me to walk me step-by-step through the error messages and issues until I could get the old training ready to use. Support was very responsive.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve with Storyline, which is probably the biggest reason to get the 360 subscription. Although there are a number of learning opportunities, the product seems like it will take a few years to master. The biggest con has got to be cost. I have never been able to afford or justify the cost of this tool, which is probably the top tool for ID's to be able to use. The pricing is not structured in such a way to lower the cost for individuals. Lucky for me, it is something my current employer was happy to pay for otherwise it would be out of reach.

Bo from net2change

Articulate 360 making my much simpler

I have been using Articulate products for about 6 years and could not be happier with what they have provided. I have used several different versions of Articulate and use Articulate 360 for about 2 months now. The software is easy to use, well priced and gives users so much freedom to design courses where the only limit is the developer's imagination. The support available is also second to none; you will never buy a product and then be left struggling to get the most out of it. I would consider Articulate to be the only option to consider if you are wanting to develop online training materials and with their new 360 products, everything is brought together in one place making your life that much simpler. The support community provides expert advice and encourages peer sharing. The online support community is still growing but I already am able to find an ample amount of templates and resources I need to build my courses.

Pros

Articulate 360 is give us fully responsive courses supported with any browser or any devices.

Storyline 360 give us lots of customized feature compare to storyline 2 and 3.Also modern publishing setting is very helps to view the course into the any browsers.

Pros

I am storyline developer and working on Storyline 3 and 360. Articulate 360 give us lots of Templates, characters, photos, videos, icons. Articulate 360 is a Powerful tool for creating e-learning courses. We can Manage all the assets for our project in one place with the media library. we can create any kind of interactive courses or video based course quickly.

Cons

If our files too large then some time its automatically closed without saving it we loss lots of time and effort. When we reopen the files then recovered feature is also not working properly.

Lori from Independent HR Consulting

Articulate 360 is the Whole Enchilada

I have been an Articulate user for over 10 years, so I have definitely experienced a lot of change. But from the beginning, I have found Articulate to be much more user friendly (esp for non "techies" like me) than other e-learning authoring software such as Lectora and Captivate. At first I was a little frustrated because instead of the traditional "call in" customer support, Articulate steers its users to Articulate's online user community, E-Learning Heroes. But this resource has proven to be very helpful and valuable to me through the years, and provides the added benefit of interacting with other Articulate users.

Pros

I'm glad that Articulate finally put all of its software apps into one package purchase. No more having to "piece together" all the different pieces you want, and no matter having to pay for them separately and keep up with them separately,

Cons

Now that Articulate has even more additional apps (Multiple authoring apps, including Storyline, Studio Rise; project review app, etc., character resources, etc.), it can be a challenge to keep up with all of them, and with which one you need to/can use for a given project.

Daniel from Unikemia

the most complete suite to create online courses

Its multiple functions have allowed me to create courses of different topics and with different levels of interaction for the users. Since with articulate 360, I can program simulations of activities or gamification strategies to improve the learning of the participants.

Pros

The best thing about this version is that it allows you to generate very dynamic courses that adapt to different viewing formats, such as mobile phones or desktops, and in both cases they work perfectly.

Cons

The only limitation is that the 360 RISE software cannot be used in offline mode but depends on an internet connection for its use, but for the rest, all the applications of the 360 have everything necessary for us eLearning developers.

Ralf from Carrot Business Solutions

Articulate 360 offers a lot of potential

I have been using Articulate products for more than 10 years now and I really appreciate the way they have made Storyline und Studio. Articulate 360 is a suite which consists of Storyline, Studio, screencasting tools, several small applications and the complete new Articulate Rise which allows to create elearning in a responsive design mode. Additionally Articulate 360 offers a huge content library with a lot of stock images. Storyline and Studio'13 were already strong products but with the improvements like chosing if receiving an html5 and/or flash output, trigger actions when an objct enters the slide and of course the dial interaction are really helpful. In my opinion Articulate 360 is the most powerful and ease to use e-learning suite to create interactive and attractive content that is available on the market.

Pros

I like most the dial interaction in Storyline 360. It is a very nice new feature to enrich interactive e-learning modules

Cons

No possibility of publishing in mp4

An all-encompassing learning creation platform!

The best e-learning development platform on the market, and I've used Captivate and Lectora.

Pros

Articulate 360's suite of learning authoring tools are best-in-class and allow for the creation of truly impactful learning programs. Storyline 360, included in the suite, is the industry-standard for creating e-learning and the program is created in such a way that one is only limited by their imagination.

Cons

I am not a fan of the subscription model for software. Sometimes, I may go months without a paid gig as a freelancer, but in order to stay up to date, I need to opt for this rather expensive software.

Gio from GioTrainer Design

The Easiest way to create a learning on-line

Articulate's 360 brings together the best on-line tools for creating crisp, clean and gorgeous learning products, from presentations to train people live to an elearning website to send your students after (or before) your live course. Imagine having tools for simplifying the creative process for developing a learning experience. Then think about how those tools could be useful for making that learning experience interactive and fun. But what if you didn't know much about creating online or live training? What if you found a place that backed up their products with tons of examples and an awesome forum where passionate people come together to create extraordinary experiences. Articulate 360 is that very place with tools for presentations, eLearning, learning web pages, video, and screen captures. I've found that having everything that 360 has to offer makes my job easier. I can quickly create a presentation using Articulate's content library for artwork and characters. If I want, I can take that presentation and convert it into a full-blown elearning with Storyline. Overall, I can't find a better online collection of tools for the sole purpose of creating learning experiences.

Pros

Ease of use and accessibility from any place. No need to have installed software when you can find all of the tools you need for learning development in one place. Updates happen here first.

Cons

Speed depends on web traffic no ownership of software.

Ben from CDGNow

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Its obvious that Articulate are really listening to the market and continually improving.

Pros

Expands on the offering, creating an overall suite of features and potential. For example, the content library lets you grab media where you needn't worry about royalties and searching endlessly. Allows for constant upgrades and improves to each component of the software. This is a growing suite and updates are released regularly. Unlocks potential for greater and more in-depth solutions, rather than standalone content. For example, object collision allows for game creation. Addresses QA issues, with the fantastic review feature. You can see exactly what and when the reviewer is experiencing issues.

Cons

Price point may be prohibitive for freelancers, but this has been addressed with normal licence availability. Studio and Replay seem a bit unnecessary now and could perhaps take efforts away from the more useful components of the suite.

Jill from eMDS

I'm a big fan of Articulate and love its ease of use!

Articulate 360 allows us to efficiently create - and review - our video content for our LMS.

Pros

Articulate has been easy for us to get people "up to speed" quickly. Obviously, there are nuances that only experience can bring, but this has allowed us to use our SMEs more effectively to create their own videos. We now have licenses specifically for sharing for that purpose. I love the continuous learning opportunities that Articulate provides via webinar. These are most informative and fun! The features, tips and tricks that I have learned are invaluable.

Cons

As with any software, it has occasional quirks - particularly after an update. But, this is to be expected and most things have been fixed quickly.

Kyle from DH Pace Company, Inc.

Industry: Building Materials

Pricey, but worth it.

We moved over to the 360 version of Storyline due to the desired awesome features that just weren't there if you don't subscribe. Previously, we'd used Storyline 2. All in all, it's a great group of softwares. Yeah, it's not cheap. Yeah, you'll need to invest time into learning it all. Thing is, you can create interactive training super quickly using Rise and you can take that training to the next level by learning some Storyline stuff. Co-workers can check out your stuff and review your work using Review. End story...if you're creating interactive training and all that, it's hard to deny the value of these products.

Pros

- Lots of items for the subscription charge - Rise and Preview are great! - Updates frequent and substantial

Cons

- It's pricey and it's a dang subscription - Learning curve on Storyline is kinda steep

Kelly from UPMC

One of the Best Course Creation Tools Available

Overall, I have had a great experience with Articulate 360. It has helped me to learn e-learning tools and tricks and allows for a great user experience.

Pros

Articulate 360 allows for users to create beautiful, engaging, and useful e-learning with an incredible ease of use. The program comes with a wide variety of built-in tools and layouts which allow even novice users to create. Customer support is excellent and the community that Articulate has created with E-Learning Heroes is a wonderful resource.

Cons

One large con of Articulate is the inability to allow users to look at the base files. While Review (through Articulate) is an excellent tool to send to subject matter experts and reviewers, it does not allow for anyone to take a look at or change the layouts or wording on a slide. This can be cumbersome when there are multiple edits necessary.

Jeff from Serious Learning.

Articulate 360, one to rule them all!

Articulate 360 is Articulate's new subscription based e-learning suite that contains all Articulate products in one simple, elegant package. Using 360 will speed up your workflow significantly as you'll be able to pick any of the award winning Articulate tools we already know: Studio, Replay and Storyline, as well as the new kids of the block Rise, the brand new fully responsive authoring tool, Peek the super quick desktop screen recording app and Preso, the native iPad app that allows you to create informal training videos on the fly. Combine that with the brand new Articulate Review and 360 platform where you can upload and share your courses with your clients and collect comments in the easiest way possible. Last but not least Studio 360 and Storyline 360 connect to the amazing Content library that is full of amazing templates and characters. One of the key elements that stands out is the amazing HTML5 output that has been rebuilt from the ground up. This means that you'll have the best possible HTML5 output possible. With so many awesome e-learning development tools you'll truly be a one-stop-shop for e-learning development!

Pros

The combination of tools, the HTML5 output and the integration with products like Review and Content library

Cons

Payment plans are on annual basis, not monthly and it would be nice to be able to select which tools you would want in the suite.

Sergey from Sokol webstudio

Articulate 360 gives you everything not just t develop e-learning courses but to get feedback.

Excellent tool for E-learning development and interactions with clients.

Pros

Articulate 360 is software bundle that consists out of several pieces that nicely work together. You can work on an elearning course, search for assets to use - pictures, shapes and get feedback from your client - all in one bundle.

Cons

Nothing really. Articulate moved online most features of their old Articulate software. They now sell subscriptions and we paid for it, but for their cloud solution they haven't added many new features.

Great elearning authoring tool

Its a great way to develop interactive and robust eLearning courses in a a short space of time, especially with all the templates to draw from.

Pros

Cons

There was just one issue that came up when capturing my screen and doing simulations. When viewing the published version of the content it blurs when interactions happen on screen. Its also seems to be having some issue specifically with the Chrome browser. These issues have been logged and hopefully in the most recent update it will be sorted.

Nick from Caterpillar

Industry: Machinery

Fresh approach to eLearning development

It's been a great tool for us as we migrate our training content from Flash based tools into something responsive and user friendly. We like that we can create the Rise courses simply and quickly, but can provide more advanced interactivity with StoryLine if needed.

Pros

Articulate Rise and Review 360 are my favorite tools in the 360 suite. Rise is super simple to develop in and provides a bit of variety for learning development, when compared to most other development tools.

Cons

It can be pretty limiting as far as customization. They clearly focused on simplicity of development, which is great, but it causes the options for image / text / media placement and customization to be very limited.

Reasons for Choosing Articulate 360

Ease of use, quality of the final product, price, and suite of tools that come with the subscription.

BEST Authoring Tool for ELearning

Pros

This product is the easiest, highest quality authoring tool i have used. It runs parallel to PowerPoint, so functionality is a breeze. Also, the content access on the internet is great - I love that I can create courses and send them out for feedback, with the feedback appearing on the exact slide i need. Easy to use with minimal ramping time.

Cons

The cost is a little on the high side, but you definitely get what you pay for.

Hit the ground running with amazing course content!

I have really loved using Articulate (Storyline first, then 360). Their regular webinars are great and provide a ton of tips, tricks and information. Overall, it's been great!

Pros

I appreciate how easy it was for us to get up to speed and create our own eLearning content.

Cons

As with all software, it occasionally has an issue - especially after an update. I work for a software company so I'm aware that this happens. For the most part, Articulate fixes the "big" things.

Ashley from Ashley Chiasson Consulting

Articulate 360 streamlines my workflow!

With each product release, I find myself giddy, like a kid opening a present. Articulate never disappoints, and Articulate 360 certainly didn't disappoint. - Storyline 360 is a fantastic update from Storyline 2, especially the ability to publish individual scenes or slides (this makes client reviews SO MUCH EASIER). - Articulate Review, coupled with the aforementioned individual scene/slide publish feature, makes client reviews much less painful. - The Content Library takes the guess work out of building interactions; especially for clients who don't necessarily mind templates or seek pizazz. There are new characters, new interactions, new themes, and the interactions are pre-built...with triggers! - The subscription-based model also works well with my business needs.

Pros

- Articulate Review - Content Library - Storyline 360 - Rise

Cons

- All applications are not Mac compatible...but it seems like it might be getting there!

Keith from Lillico Learning Solutions

Industry Standard for elearning

We needed an elearning authoring tool that allowed our team to build complex programs easily.

Pros

What I love about this program is that it is constantly evolving and the company takes comments and concerned from customers into consideration when determining the next steps.

Cons

This software is almost 3x the cost of its other competitors. While it is jam-packed with features you cannot get anywhere else you will pay for them.

Rebecca from Birkman

I can't do my job without this software.

A seamless, powerful learning experience for my end-user.

Pros

I love all the functionality of the 360 suite; it has authoring software, course delivery software, review software, screen capture software, and a HUGE library of graphics, characters, and templates available at your fingertips.

Cons

The output of Storyline can be heavy for older/less efficient computers. I look forward to it becoming a lighter load!

Piotr from 2EDU.pl

Great for new users

I am teaching to use Articulate 360 as well as work as a freelance developer. From my perspective this is a perfect tool for the companies that what to get into the worls of elearning.

Pros

Easines of use and implementation for the teams that have used tools like power point before. The whole package of 360 supports the whole flow of development, so it is more than just authoring tool.

Cons

From my experience this is not the best tool if you would like to implement this to a big organization, having like 20-30 elearning developers. It may not be the best as it is rather single developer focused and it may be difficult do collaborate. In large teams LCMSes may be better.

John from Your Skills Hub

Definitely the most comprehensive rapid authoring solution

It provides a one-stop shop for my creation and reviewing needs.

Pros

The Articulate 360 suite provides an easy-to-use and robust solution for all authoring requirements. Whether you are wanting activity rich solutions or alternatively a responsive course, then the 360 suite provides a variety of solutions. The content library gives you a wide range of photos and graphical resources which can be implemented easily into your course.

Cons

The Engage section of the suite seems quite outdated as it focuses on producing basic powerpoint SCORM courses.

Susan from University of MN

Articulate 360: Tools for next generation elearning

I'm pretty excited about the set of tools in Articulate 360. Some nice new features in Storyline, including the dial interaction. The real star is Rise, though, for a trouble-free responsive solution. The output looks very modern and professional and the 'basic' interactivity options are there. Looking forward to how this tool will evolve and provide even more functionality. I plan to build many job aids with this tool. Also, really like the Articulate Review tool where reviewers/SMEs can comment on Storyline output screen-by-screen, similar to Google doc functionality. Awesome way to keep track of change requests. Content Library provides a nice collection of new graphic assets to make learning come to life. Hopefully they'll keep adding more! Not sure I will use Studio, and am hoping that Articulate will offer more of an 'a la cart' approach to their subscriptions. For now, though, am very happy overall and highly recommend to other 'learning designers' who need to wear the many hats of training/education design and development.

Features I didn't even know I needed

Articulate 360 has been the magic wand I use to create stunning, interactive and accessible e-learning material for our internal support team. It's easy to use and leaves me with great results and a pleased leadership team.

Pros

My overall take away from using Articulate 360 is "wow! They put a lot of thought into this app and making my life easier". It's clear that the Articulate team is keen on design, user experience and making repetitive tasks so much easier. One example of this is that you can simply break up each line of a body of text to be independently manipulated for fly-in actions and animation. This is small but huge knowing how much time it takes to create separate elements for each line of text. Beyond this, there is a TON of support and community around the app which mean if you ever get stuck their official support team or one of the thousands of community members is happy to help and if you ever need an idea they are plentiful with template stories to get you started.

Cons

One of the main pain points I found is that Articulate 360 is currently for Windows only. I was able to set up a free virtual machine on my Mac which worked great and has allowed me to work with the software without any problem. Beyond this I would love to see the interface of Articulate 360 given an uplift to match the amazing design found in Articulate's web-based apps.