• Pros

• "Its a great tool that keeps the knowledge fresh...also provides leaders a snapshot of what's working and where they can help improve the results."

• "Once a program is set-up, the software is easy to use. Our end-users have had NO issues becoming comfortable with the software."

• "The ability of the platform to be geared towards each of our organizational needs; Training, Quality Assurance, HR and even Operations."

• Cons

• "I like Axonify a whole bunch, and I'm struggling to think of a con."

• "The inability of the platform to track participation progress on a daily basis rather than over the past 7 days."

• "Reporting can be improved for example participation report shows 0 vs N/A or blank for people who were not in the tool at the time they were not active in the tool. Reporting can be simplified."

Browse Axonify Reviews

Ana Karen from Microf LLC.

Growing with Axonify

The platform is exactly as I expected based on my conversations with the sales team and the demos before I chose to implement it, this may not sound like much, but it's huge to me that there were no surprised. The implementation team was wonderful, it was easily the easiest implementation process I have ever been through and I still (over a year later) have a regular call with my rep so we can talk through the best way to accomplish my goals, proving ROI, pain points, upcoming features, the Axonify conference, etc. The best part: since they are constantly rolling out new features based on their user's feedback, it's an even better platform than the one I signed up for.

Pros

I love that even though it is a good enough platform that it was my first choice when I was choosing an LMS, they have not stopped innovating. In many cases a new feature has been released just as I am anticipating a problem that would be perfectly resolved by that feature, such as the guided learning feature released last year.

Cons

Some of the organization of the platform doesn't always make sense to me. Some features are split so setting them up can require the admin to perform actions in several different sections of the platform, however, this is most likely a byproduct of the frequent updates. Since this is only a minor annoyance, it is well worth it to in exchange for the innovations and many of these inconveniences have been addressed in the updates so in my opinion, this is only a short term inconvenience.

Reasons for Choosing Axonify

I chose Axonify because it was the platform that best addressed the fact that people forget things. In addition, Axonify provided other benefits, such as elements of gamification which have contributed to improved engagement, and even provides some of the training we use.

Adrian from Heinen's Grocery Stores

Innovative product headed in the right direction

Overall my experience has been positive, and I'm thrilled to be working with this platform. The days of clunky old LMS systems that can't adapt to a learner's individual knowledge level are over - Axonify sets a new bar. Companies want to know that when they invest in training for their people, those people will for remember it long after the training is delivered. Axonify can meet that challenge. I look forward to seeing what they do next.

Pros

Axonify provides a fun, modern twist on workplace learning, delivering games with questions infused throughout. The platform navigation is very intuitive, providing learners with a straightforward selection of menus and a very visual interface. The game mechanics are solid - the gameplay and leaderboard have been hugely motivating to our employees and people truly enjoy logging into the platform each day. The rewards feature is another big draw, though we are developing our own reward and recognition system and haven't yet used the built-in features. The customer service and support teams have been phenomenal - we can get a person on the phone within just minutes if needed, and support tickets are responded to almost immediately. There is also a reward system for customers, so we can earn points by sharing tips with other customers and earn points to exchange for conference passes and swag. Our rollout has been a huge success, with over 90% participation and positive feedback from our employees. We are excited about the future with Axonify, so far they have been very receptive to our ideas and have taken action to implement suggested changes. The future looks bright.

Cons

My biggest concerns are likely "growing pains" due to being relatively new on the LMS-scene. Hopefully some improvements will come over time. For example, we can't edit html to customize our content, change the look and feel, swap out icons, use embed codes...as a designer, I'm used to having more control over those things. Many of my (admin) frustrations with the platform have been user interface and experience issues. The inability to bulk upload content means entering content is tedious. Not being able to upload .txt files means we can't use our third-party captioning service, so I'm doing it manually (we're hoping this is temporary). Lengthy side menus that don't collapse properly mean I'm constantly zooming in/out in order to access menu options at the bottom. There is no Dev system, so all testing and experimentation are done in Production, which means creating a fake person, fake email accounts, and then excluding our testers from data reports so the data is accurate. The spreadsheet used to communicate content changes to admins isn't formatted for printing, so I have to do it myself. The initial process of learning the design methodology could be improved. No one could explain why, although there are 5 levels of questions, they don't recommend using Levels 4 & 5, or how to take advantage of the platform's xAPI-compatibility (no one I've talked to about it knows what xAPI is). Again, my "complaints" are little things, mostly user experience stuff that can be fixed.

Reasons for Choosing Axonify

I wasn't here when the choice was made, but my understanding is that Axonify was the only vendor product being evaluated that was able to address both how the product could work in a retail environment, and had the artificial intelligence-capability to reinforce the learning over time.

Axonify

Pros

A create tool to disseminate content through microlearning. Very user friendly and powerful reporting features.

Cons

Requires a lot of managing to upkeep questions database, if not buying full support to manage that piece.

sarah from Longo's

Micro-learning is the way to go!

Axonify has helped to engage the users on a different, more social level. Training was done independently and never discussed prior to the transition. Now our learners are engaged, excited and conversing about their experiences on the platform. In addition to their participation, they are also continuously learning and creating their own personalized path for focus areas to their needs.

Pros

The platform allows a unique approach to learning and changing the perspective that employees have on training in the business. It allows for quicker, more engaging and interactive learning on an easy to use and access platform. incorporating games and competition creates a social atmosphere where learners can learn along side having fun.

Cons

We really have to change the mindset of our learners to embrace the learning culture of Axonify. They are use to one-and-done style training and it is important to maintain the frequency of learning to ensure you stay current.

Reasons for Choosing Axonify

It is a platform to take us to the next level. It is not a LMS and our learning culture was ready for a big chnage to help empower, engage and educate our team members.

Aston from Briscoe Group

Simple affordable and comprehensive tool to improve business

A very positive experience due to strong support from the Vendor and implementation partner

Pros

Engages learners and provides measurable benefit

Cons

I only wish I'd found it sooner. Needs some resource invested to get it providing all of the benefits but those are a great ROI

Reasons for Choosing Axonify

Sweet spot of performance, functionality, price & support

Paige from PointClickCare Technologies

Impacts on Learning are Impacts on the Business

I love the transparency of the organization - their successes, sidetracks, and the generosity of everyone on the team at Axonify. They are in a hot market, and are navigating the growth with grace. We have realized rapid increases in onboarding ability, product training, and building up knowledge around strategic initiatives that are important to the success of our business and entry into a new market.

Pros

My professional services learning audience spends on average one hour a month conducting some learning and engagement activity - broken up into micro-learning sessions of about 6 minutes each. The knowledge growth average is 13%. What other learning method can give me this kind of data, keep learning fun, and engage a diverse tech workforce? The use of Daily Questions, Intro Training/Guided Learning, and DiscoveryZone have made a significant impact on the learning experience across our professional services group.

Cons

That not all of our teams are engaged just yet. Give me time. There's a little bit of a lag with knowledge-workers participating with Axonify - some feel guilty about playing the games in between questions. I'm working on changing this thinking in our organization. I'm optimistic that our technology workforce will see learning as an opportunity that contributes to our agile development operations.

Grant from Incredible Connection & HiFi Corp

"How to change your business culture "

Excellent.

Pros

Peoples capacity to learn and change never ceases to amaze me. When the change benefits them personally it creates even better traction. The introduction of Axonify into Incredible Connection has helped transform a languishing business culture which was formally apathetic to disinterested in the learning space to an organization that is hungry for knowledge. This change in mindset to learning has also had multiple business consequences and as a result is transforming our culture.

Cons

Having to wait for the time zones between RSA and Canada to align. The fact that reports are not structurally(organogram) based and require a lot of manual interventions. The fact that a drop down box functionality doesn't exist with regards to organizational units / hierarchies (is being looked into at least).

Reasons for Choosing Axonify

The superior execution, the reporting, the support. The tool had the potential to change our company. The lack of product knowledge amongst front line staff was appalling - since implementation we have seen 20% and more growth. We have seen corresponding growth in sales turnover of products which we have trained.

Jeanne from Shire

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Axonify Delivers Stellar Support

In Learning & Development, we are using Axonify to develop our salespeople's knowledge of a recently launched product in our Neuroscience franchise. Our objective was to provide them access to a methodology capable of being implemented on demand and without a lot of fanfare, accessible remotely- and available to individuals. We also wanted the method to be fun in order to increase engagement. Axonify has succeeded on all of these points.

Pros

Cons

What I liked least had nothing to do with the software per se', rather the lack of formal training. I first began working with the Axonify software 1 year ago and quickly became the appointed Administrator for any and all Axonify programs at Shire. Having had NO prior experience with this type of software (let alone setting it up), I would have benefited GREATLY from training (live or e-learning) rather than walking through the steps via WebEx. Everyone I communicated with at Axonify was great, but I need a more formal learning approach so it has been very frustrating for me. Most recently, reps invested significant time to ensure my program was set up correctly. His patience and detailed explanations enabled me to understand where I made mistakes and what I needed to do to correct my mistakes. Most of this occurred the Friday of New Years weekend and the reps never once made me feel rushed or bothersome. As a result, the program launched successfully.

Response from Axonify

Replied January 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience with Axonify, Jeanne. We have excellent training resources available for our Admins that your Customer Success Manager can point you to, or you may access existing documentation and video content through our Customer Care Team.

Rick from Home Hardware Stores Limited

Microlearning for Retail from a new User/Admin

We are not far enough into our product launch to determine any business goal effects yet, but the support received from the company has been much higher than I expected. After having problems with my account at the very busy conference, one person who helped me greeted me by name the next day in the halls. The people at Axonify seem keen to get to know you and your problems to help you succeed.

Pros

I find the organization of the administrative tools intuitive and easy to use. Axonify support has provided a lot of online resources, learning opportunities at their community conference, and easy access to knowledgeable support staff who know how to solve a problem quickly and easily, or move the request up the chain to the right people. As for the end user experience, the software is incredibly easy to use. We are still just a few weeks from launch but I find the training tool easy to use and the interface is easy to understand and not visually cluttered. There is a visual update coming in November 2019 which will improve the look even further to make it take on a more modern, "web-app" look.

Cons

I've had some issues with logging in because of the process involved with changing passwords that have been altered by the Admin. However my CSM and other support people I spoke to at the community conference were very helpful in getting everything straightened out.

Maurice from itelbpo Smart Solutions

An all in one tool geared towards excellence.

We are currently solving our major areas of missed opportunities within each of our LOBs. We have also noticed an increase in overall Quality Scores for the Organization.

Rolando from Skogen's Festival Foods

This has been a powerful program to train team members at all levels about the company.

Learning about aspects of the organization that I don't get to interact in on a daily basis, if at all.

Pros

Quick daily training. No more than 10 minutes which only varies based on the game you play, if you play one at all. The ability to challenge a team member is excellent since this allows the user to sometimes forget there is training going on. Ability to communicate with my teams is a very useful tool. We can say anything quick and short or upload a video if we choose to.

Cons

It does seem that they are still learning from the program. Sometimes in can be a bit glitch. For example, I once accidentally logged in on both my pc and mobile, and was able to start the training which probably skewed my results for that day. Aside from that, since the daily work is so short, I don't see many other cons.

Response from Axonify

Replied July 2017

Hi Rolando, Thanks for taking the time to review Axonify! We're thrilled that you and your team are enjoying the platform! We'll take a look into your comments regarding overlapping logins from separate devices since what you've described isn't the intended behavior/experience. Thanks again Rolando and we'll touch base with you shortly!

Camille from Manulife

Goes beyond our hopes

Pros

The basic function of sending out randomized daily nuggets of learning in an engaging way is already meeting my team’s needs - to the point where we have closed our important knowledge gaps and now have to keep finding more knowledge to consume! Turning this group into avid learners was beyond what we could have hoped for, and we have been using Axonify less than a year. I can’t wait for the opportunity to explore all the features we are not yet using to see what those results will be!

Cons

The tool itself is not very intuitive, so we needed a lot of support initially to understand how to build content, structure teams & read reports, and we continue to need that level of support every time we want to explore using another feature. The great news is that the Axonify support team is great - fast to respond, knowledgeable, and personable, so I never feel like I won’t find a way - I just wish I could self-serve more easily.

Azeem from Rogers

The best Reinforcement Learning Tool!

Its a great learning tool which impacts greatly towards your business goals.

Russell from Altar'd State

Axonify Review

Pros

There are very few issues with associates utilizing content across multiple platforms.

Cons

I like Axonify a whole bunch, and I'm struggling to think of a con.

Rachel from Athena Software

Something fun

Pros

Easy to use Promotes learning Creative Fun

Cons

Can only play once a day to earn your points

Julie from Superior Propane

Industry: Oil & Energy

Axonify Delivers

The Axonify team has been extremely supportive and has continued to provide ongoing support as we gain momentum to increase employee participation.

Pros

We launched the platform approximately 2 months ago, and are already seeing promising results. Participation and engagement is continuing to grow, as well as employee knowledge on the topics/content we have released to date. The implementation/launch went very smoothly and the ongoing support is stellar.

Cons

At this stage, I am challenged to identify any negative issues with the software.

Nicholas from Wakefern Food Corp

Getting the hang of it

Pros

The amount and types of data that we have available to us

Cons

The navigation throughout the platform can be challenging