Cloud Academy

Cloud Academy Reviews

RATING:

• icon"The slide transcript really helps. The Ranking System which shows where you stand in the Company in-terms of your learning curve boosts a healthy competition."
  • icon"Hands on lab are very well orchestrated unlike Qwiklabs. Cloud Academy support team is excellent and extremely responsive."
  • icon"Is the best software to learn and is ver easy to use."
  • icon"Some video lectures are very repetitive and basic."
  • icon"I don't like the idea of ranking my profile within my company on the training."
  • icon"The gamification should change, you loose lot of points whenever yo mark incorrectly an answer in the tests."

All Cloud Academy Reviews

Kipp

Great Software to begin your Cloud Journey

Osama

Industry: Renewables & Environment

June 2022

Serious in depth courses for cloud tech

Cloud Academy is a well polished service to learn cloud computing. It has a lot of variety, and the labs and quizzes help you stay alert and involved. If you want to dedicate yourself to cloud computing like AWS or Azure, then Cloud Academy is an excellent choice.

Pros

The videos have clear audio with no musical distractions. The instructors are fluent and knowledgeable. The videos have good content, and then you can practice what you learned in a lab. The lab is a real cloud environment. The labs are not too easy, but it is a good way to implement the theory. The labs provide real life scenarios. The traditional quizzes are helpful by making you think. You can come back to the quiz you took and see your answers, the correct answers, and the explanation. New classes are added on a regular basis. The courses are organized, and can be easily searched. They do not just have cloud technology, but other topics like programming languages like JavaScript.

Cons

There are a lot of courses so you may get distracted if you do not have a concrete goal. The online platform is somewhat expensive. However, there are good discounts for long term commitments like 3 years that give you 17 months free.

Mukesh

August 2022

Learning Cloud or knowing your instructor

I feel very positive about the platform compared to udemy or even A cloud guru. However, the platform does have a lot of grounds for improvement as mentioned earlier.

Pros

Cons

Almost every lesson in video learning series provides the opportunity for the instructor to introduce themselves (5 mins) as well as how to connect with them on several platforms. So if you have 10 hour learning path for a cloud journey that has 30 videos then your 2.5 hours is spent on these introductions. Even if you skip through that instruction, you might lose interest or important content because it gets aggravating. Additionally, if you chose to be on multiple journeys there is no way the platform is available to reconcile you might have already gone through something.

Reasons for switching to Cloud Academy

A cloud guru completely stagnated after they acquired Linux Academy. There is exactly everyone else who is producing better cloud training content than them.

Sheridan

Good quality materials let down by site navigation

I passed the Microsoft Azure exam (AZ-103). The materials on the site helped a lot as did the free Cloud Academy videos on YouTube.

Pros

Quality of the material, particularly the labs.

Cons

I found it very difficult to navigate the website. If I'd started viewing a video when I came back to the site I'd expect to see it on the front page. That didn't seem to be the case.

Reasons for switching to Cloud Academy

MeasureUp practice test wasn't representative of the exam and their labs were clunky.

Response from Cloud Academy

Hi Sheridan, thank you for your feedback. Did you get in touch with our Customer Support Team to flag the things you mentioned here? Feel free to do so by writing to support@cloudacademy.com.

My Observations on Cloud Academy

Software Architecture, there seems to be a guided career path.

Pros

The ratings and rankings after a quiz helps to if there are improvements.

Cons

The certificates are not industry recognized.

Reasons for switching to Cloud Academy

Cloud Academy was provided by my company for learning and development.

Response from Cloud Academy

Thank you for your feedback, David!

Souvik

Best user experience

A big salute to the cloud academy support team, the way they have helped me when I faced any issues regarding the course. You guys are the best, and surely making a difference here in this field.

Pros

Frankly, the best thing about cloud academy is its interface. Not only the course material but also Leaderboard feature, real time lab environment (aws console in my case), standard question pattern for the exams or lab challenges they held , and mostly the way cloud academy team supports every issue you face with the application. Too good. Thank you som much

Cons

I have used many learning platforms , but this has been the best yet. I would really appreciate if you guys add the brief pdf version of the lectures.

Better experience

Response from Cloud Academy

Thank you, Souvik! We passed along your message to your Customer Support Team :)

Alejandro

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Nice platform, good for hands on learning

I like the platform and continent, have used other platforms like pluralsight, coursera and cloudguro. I find this ne is the most complete one.

Pros

- Labs are great - Challange labs are great as it makes you really think and troubleshoot - Courses are well designed in good amount of detail - Test also good to challenge knowledge

Cons

- Dashboard was bit confusing, had to hunt around to find the test I had already completed

Reasons for choosing Cloud Academy

Liked how CA was laid out, labs, level of content. Would be good to get courses around Apigee, as their is very light content out their, and if CA was to provided same as other courses it would be a first to provided good training. Just one more recommendation, why not give away free swag like T-shirt, stickers or even mug, would help the brand, and sure Dev's will love to get freebees :)

Reasons for switching to Cloud Academy

Cloudguru was good platform, but detail was very light, did not go into lot of detail like this platform and also the labs and challenges really help on learning.

Response from Cloud Academy

Hi Alejandro, thank you for this review!

Great resource for AWS Certifications

Pros

Great material, clear explanation of each concept. Highly recommend for Cloud certifications.

Cons

I think allowing users to create playlists would be a great feature.

Response from Cloud Academy

Hi! Thank you for the great review!

Osarumwense

A Review on Cloud Academy

Pros

It's a simple educational tool with great courses available to broaden your horizon. With the Offline mode, you can download courses to watch at your convenient time, without having to connect to the internet.

Cons

There are bugs in the android app that needs to be fixed. It crashes.

Felipe

Cloud Academy is the best

Pros

A lot of courses and excellent instructors

Cons

It's quite expensive considering a I'm a Brazilian guy

Response from Cloud Academy

Hi Felipe, thank you for your feedback! We're glad to hear you're enjoying your training experience with Cloud Academy! Keep on training! :)

Craven

Well rearched courses

Pros

Its ability to be used on Android phones

Cons

The software took too long to load the courses

Response from Cloud Academy

Hi Craven, thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback!

Partha

Cloud Academy: My Goto Knowledge Platform

We are using Cloud Academy to prepare our transition to the cloud. It has been a tremendous resource with learning paths for all 3 major cloud providers and training programs for related cloud technology. I really feel the urge to spend a lot of time with the training courses. Thank you for designing such a wonderful knowledge platform!

Pros

Cloud Academy has opened the doors for me to step into the vast domain of Cloud Computing. The course-ware has a vast array of well selected training programs at various levels such that even beginners can easily navigate the courses and gain real knowledge. I especially like the Dashboard feature that shows where I am in my journey, how I have fared in the tests and what is my learning path. The course videos are well made, of good quality and are followed up with relevant tests. There are even hands-on labs where you get to interact with actual cloud resources. Also, it was very easy to integrate with existing processes.Overall, I could not have asked for anything better.

Cons

I personally feel that the DevOps module could be made more concise to keep the user's focus. Other than that everything looks pretty solid.

Response from Cloud Academy

Hi Partha, what an amazing review: thank you so much!

warren

Industry: Computer Hardware

Most cost-effective learning platform

Pros

Training plan layouts are really useful and good to help me track my individual goals. The virtual lab environments save me a TON of time dealing with setting things up in AWS when I want to learn something there, and not have to deal with billing after the fact.

Cons

The only con I have is Id like to see more python labs to help with intermediate learning.

Reasons for switching to Cloud Academy

acloudguru was mostly marketing and a lot of fluff once you got into the service. They seem to try and create high production videos but with less actual technical content that you care about.

Response from Cloud Academy

Hi Warren, thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful review! Keep on training!

Randy

Industry: Biotechnology

Best place to learn cloud and prep for your certification

Pros

Well balanced content to cover cloud service in depth and summize at a higher level for solution building. Also extremely good for your preparation of cloud certification - I tried many different cloud training sites before I settled with Cloud Academy, which is the best with efficient content and superb customer support. The right mix of lecture, hands-on lab and exam help me to fit the learning in my busy schedule and allow me to finish certification exam prep in relative short time (~ 3months for AWS Solution Architect Certificate - Assoc). The CA simulation exam has the closest form to the real exam, which is the most valuable for one to pass certification exam.

Cons

There are so many offered on Cloud Academy site and it is easy to get deviated by other interesting topics/learning paths. Hoped CA offer a "tiered" layout to help stay focused.

Content and cost

Response from Cloud Academy

Hi Randy, thank you for taking the time to leave this review for us. We truly value our customers' feedback!

Rodolfo

Industry: Program Development

I recommend Cloud Academy for everyone who wants to learn cloud topics easy and relatively fast

It's a good platform to learn even downloading your app and watch videos from there.

Pros

The videos have the duration enough to understand the topic, even if it's a complicated one or not.

Cons

I would like to add a camera showing the speaker. It could improve the attention of the topics watching the real person.

Reasons for choosing Cloud Academy

Because it has a mobile app to watch the courses and the people that give the course are really expert on the topic

Response from Cloud Academy

Hi Rodolfo, what an amazing review!!! Thank you so much!

Raygene

Additional Learning Tool

Organizations are moving to cloud technologies and your platform has been extremely helpful for someone working to move into that area of technology.

Pros

The quick topic videos along with the labs and tests are great for someone like me that is working on passing certifications for additional job opportunities. I have access to learning platforms through my employer, but I turn to your platform that I pay for to pass exams. The labs are the biggest benefit since Azure and AWS are platforms you have to pay for.

Cons

Some of the programming courses require local setup of software; I prefer not to use my personal environment. The labs set up for cloud technologies is the main reason I pay out of pocket for your platform.

Reasons for switching to Cloud Academy

Coursera doesn't have the labs with sandbox and the courses are at times out of date. In regard to SkillMeUp, they have the sandbox labs, but are mainly focused on Azure only; Cloud Academy has a more extensive library of content.

Response from Cloud Academy

Hi Raygene, thank you for the great review and feedback!

Umair

Best and Amazing Cloud Training Platform

My overall experience with cloud Academy is really awesome because I have learnt a lot through Cloud Academy. I have increased my professional cloud platform skills.

Pros

If you want to be an expert in cloud platforms like Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Alibaba Cloud, and other cloud platforms then cloud Academy is an incredibly professional platform for you. They have a wide training library including courses, quizzes, and a lot more amazing stuff.

Cons

The training library is really easy to understand, that anyone can easily learn. I never faced any issue during learning at this platform, so for me, Cloud Academy is perfect without any kind of cons.

Dessylin