Vector LMS & Training

Vector LMS & Training Reviews

RATING:

• icon"I like how easy it is to assign classes, monitor grades and implement new programs."
  • icon"I have been involved working with Convergence as one of the pilot GP sites. The application has a nice design, solid performance and I experience great customer service."
  • icon"Ease of navigation and everyone has been helpful when we have any issue. Resolution time has been good."
  • icon"The report options and report results view has some limitations. Also, the bulk versus individual assignments tool can be confusing."
  • icon"We should really be using the application for all verification and certification but there is considerable churn in our organization so it is difficult to keep up with administrator training."
  • icon"The design process for new content types and designing overlays is tedious and difficult. Have had to write a book just to use it."

All Vector LMS & Training Reviews

Cindy

Industry: Oil & Energy

When I took over as LMS administrator, I had no one to train me. Your awesome support team helped!

I can make bulk assignments to large teams in less than a minute (with proper set-up).

Pros

I like how easy it is to upload content, pull reports, send reminders, track who's been naught and who's been nice in doing their assignments. Convergence provides a huge variety of training to help us stay current on safety training requirements. But what I REALLY like most about this software is the people; the support team has the patience of Job and are incredibly helpful. They've even created special software modifications to help me with my special requests.

Cons

I wish it would link quizzes to content I upload so I don't have to look for the quiz that goes with each assignment. I also wish there were fewer steps (example: check an item, move it over to a box, check it again, hit select)

Response from Convergence Training

We appreciate your feedback our content upload and tracking features. And we definitely like hearing that our support team has created a positive experience for you. Our software team has reviewed your comments and is always working toward improved usability.

Amanda

Industry: Machinery

The year after launch

We have found a way to link all of our branches with the same training. We seldom have to send an instructor to a different state to try to teach them the exact training we rolled out in a corporate facility. It has stream lined training, career paths for our employees and safety. We are even able to send out company videos of the CFO to the masses and everyone feel like they were apart of it, rather than being weeks behind.

Pros

The people behind the product, is the best part. The support line can't be touched by any other in the industry. Answers are at your finger tips or even a quick zoom meeting away. You never feel rushed or as if you are burdening them for help. And the best part is that they listen. You may not say you need something like a filter added in for use but, they really understand what would make it better for the users. I get excited when I see a new feature they have added, it shows they have valued the input their customers have given and made an update.

Cons

The part about the software that I like least is that there are so many directions our company can go with it and I don't have the patience to wait. We like what we see and use and want it all in line for us, now.

Reasons for switching to Vector LMS & Training

Before I started in the training department, there was an LMS being used. When I began working with the previous LMS, I noticed quickly there was a missing link in the realm of support. The professional we were working with would have the same problems we would run into and very often we were unable to fix it with them. It could take weeks, months for solutions to what we felt were very simple needs. So, we were never able to see what the system could offer us due to the lack of understanding on everyone's part.

Time used: Free Trial

Convergence Review

I like the features and functionality that the Convergence LMS has to offer. Specifically the CBT content and the Qualifications that we've created in the system to help supplement our training program. There have been a few items that I should also mention that we are not fond of. Your courses do not have functionality that allows the user to retake only the questions that they have missed on test. I'm also unable to customize the scores on the test myself without asking Convergence to do this function for me. The former company (Pure Safety) we utilized had this capability. Overall I give the system a good rating, but I would request that your content developers consider what I have mentioned above.

Response from Convergence Training

John, you'll be happy to know that custom passing scores are one of the many new features available in our new course templates. These updates will be pushed out early Q1 2017. We're also working on adding the ability to retake only incorrect test questions, so keep an eye out for that functionality in a future update.

Replied November 2016

Curt

Industry: Food Production

Food Production Manufacturer in Grand Rapids

overall, Convergence has been very easy to use, and very effective in its ability to track self-paced training, and generate reports as requested. It's been everything we've needed in an LMS.

Pros

The biggest advantage Convergence has, in my opinion, is their customer attention and responsiveness. When we first engaged this software, we received very helpful instruction and guidance from the trainer, especially, and then ongoing support from the helpline. Even though there is a 3 hour time difference, the staff was very responsive and available, as needed. We never felt 'left in the dust' to fend for ourselves.

Cons

There are 2 relatively minor items, (which might already be in the works to be improved, based on past experience!). When entering large quantities of items to be selected, the system starts to bog down after about 15 entries - which is easily enough solved by hitting the 'select' button - so this is a minor irritant. The other item which would be helpful would be, when adding records in Credit Wizard, if the selected Activity would 'stick', instead of having to re-search for the activity. Again, these are minor inconveniences - NOT biggies.

Jim

Industry: Paper & Forest Products

Convergence Training for Rand Whitney Containerboard

Rand-Whitney Containerboard (RWCB) partnered with Convergence LMS in the spring of 2016. Our mission was to improve employee training by adding a computer based LMS to compliment our current "on the job" training. RWCB staff (IT, Prod. Mgmt., C.A.O.) went through a two-day, on-site training with a Convergence staff member to build a database, generate ideas on implementation, what training modules should be required for each production position and a time frame in which these assigned modules should be completed. Kickoff meetings for production crews (4) were held at the end of June where an overview of the training was presented, why RWCB was implementing a computer based LMS an explanation of expectations and time frame on which required modules were to be completed. The training was launched on July 1, 2016, with a date of December 31, 2016, for required modules to be completed. Approximately 60 employees were assigned required training modules. Based on the job position in the mill, required modules ranged from 7 (current entry level employees to 45 (Shift Supervisors (4), Senior Operators (8)). By the end of July about 1/3 of the employees completed their required modules. As of December 1, only two employees have completed their required modules. With a total of 45 modules selected by RWCB, each employee is offered the balance of modules, if not required to be taken, as Electives. RWCB is also implementing a process in which an employee is up for a promotion, one of the considerations will be completing the modules required for the position that open. I believe that not only the Convergence Training program has been very beneficial to RWCB employees that have been here for five years or less but also to employees that have been with RWCB since the mill started up in 1994. I found the experience to be better than I expected.

Response from Convergence Training

Thanks for the great info Jim. Sounds like everything is going smoothly for you. We're pleased to hear that you're happy you chose to go with Convergence.

Replied December 2016

Steven

Very user friendly and intuitive ...

Pros

The ability to assign courses from the Convergence Training Library and also the ability to create site specific content and upload it into our company's training page. Reports are easy to create and run automatically. Reports can be printed on-demand to satisfy proof of training requirements for internal and external auditors.

Cons

Would like the ability to tailor a few of the reports .

Response from Convergence Training

Thank you for your kind words about our course assignment and reporting features. We are definitely working toward increased customization of reports. In the meantime, we'll make sure our support team is aware of your interest in added reporting flexibility.

Bobbie Lee

Highly Recommend

Pros

Two aspects I like most about the Convergence LMS is the user interface as well as the overall tracking capability.

Cons

Some of the cons I have include storage options, slow connection speeds at times, no reports for Requirement/Qualification for line by line items, or an ability to put "timelines" to tasklist training (this training should take one week, this should be taken prior to this, etc.).

Response from Convergence Training

Nice to hear that you appreciate our user interface and tracking. And our software team has been working hard in recent months to address system response times and speed up reporting for reports, particularly those involving large data sets. We've passed your comments along to our software team for review. In the meantime, please let us know when we can help with anything else

Zoinyer

Industry: Food Production

The entire staff is great and always helpful even with the smallest of concerns

tracking, entering data from outside sources

Pros

Ease of importing documents and being able to delete users from assignments, especially turning on/off bulk edit.

Cons

Customizing reports to our needs has been a little off. Would like to see more options on the manage users screen for new and existing employees.

Response from Convergence Training

Thank you for your positive comments on our team and our system's ease of use. Our software team is continually working to improve the performance and usability of our LMS and our reporting features are a particular focus. We'll ensure your comments reach our software team.

Randy

Great system. Great Support.

Pros

User friendly for both the administrator and the end user. I have used 'clunky' systems in the past and this system eliminates many of those annoying characteristics.

Cons

Would like some additional notification/report settings and parameters. I.E. the ability to run exception reports and have the report go to only Supervisors whose employees appear on that report.

Response from Convergence Training

Thank you for your positive feedback on our support team and our system's ease of use. We appreciate your input on our reports as well. That's actually a set of features that we are continually working to optimize. Your comments will definitely reach our software development team. Please don't hesitate to let us know when there's anything else we can help you with.

Brian

Industry: Paper & Forest Products

Good product impeccable customer service.

After having convergence up and running almost a year I can say I like the product, but there are design aspects that could be more user-friendly. However, the customer service is second to none and there has never been a time that I couldn't get immediate help from a real person who fixed my problem or answered my question with speed and professionalism.

Pros

Powerful Product with a large range of options

Cons

Response from Convergence Training

HI Brian. Thanks for the review, and thanks for the nice words about our support team. We'll be sure to pass that along. I don't think you were on board for the initial admin training. It sounds a short refresher webinar could help. I'll have the support team reach out to you. Also, we have a new version of the LMS coming out in early 2017, with loads of new time-saving workflows and improved design. Stay tuned for more info.

Replied December 2016

Catherine

Value the application - wish I was more of a power user

Manage and document compliance training for our facility

Pros

I have been involved working with Convergence as one of the pilot GP sites. The application has a nice design, solid performance and I experience great customer service. As a company - we have an IT professional serve as a facilitator for the organization so many of the issues and concerns are resolved in advance of contacting customer services. Customer rep. has provided outstanding facilitation through the numerous upgrades.

Cons

Can't really think of anything - I need to take more time to keep our system working as designed. We should really be using the application for all verification and certification but there is considerable churn in our organization so it is difficult to keep up with administrator training.

Response from Convergence Training

Thank you for your positive comments. Good to hear that we've managed upgrades and your growing needs well. As you get more exposure to the system, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team for help.

Christina

The LMS is a very well running program and Convergence provides really good support.

Pros

Low, essentially non-existent, problem/failure rate. The LMS is flexible and relatively easy to manage.

Cons

Response from Convergence Training

Thank you for your kind comments on our system and support. Our software team is continually working to improve reporting speed and flexibility. For specific reporting concerns or to discuss custom report development, please contact our support team. We'll be happy to help!

Jacob

The LMS is a very functional system at a reasonable cost.

Pros

It is simple to use, straightforward, and meets the needs for large organizations to comply with required OSHA training.

Cons

One of the cons I've experienced is that some of the administrative mechanisms for assignment seem a little "clunky."

Response from Convergence Training

We appreciate your feedback. We're confident that recent design and performance improvements have addressed a range of administrative features, including system speeds and the process of assigning training. As always, please feel free to contact our support team with specific input and any immediate needs.

Randy

Great LMS that is easy to use

Pros

Convergence provides quality information and their system is easy for our employees to use and understand.

Cons

One of the cons I have with the learning management system is that their reporting features could be better.

Response from Convergence Training

Thank you for your positive input and great rating. We'll continue working on our reporting features. Please feel free to reach out to our support team when there's anything else you need along the way.

Paula

Industry: Industrial Automation

Great tool

Convergence LMS has made many training administrative duties much easier and simpler, such as assigning, accrediting, recording, and reporting. The implementation was a breeze and they helped me every step of the way to ensure the system was customized exactly necessary for our organization. Pros: Admin training - informative and specific. Entire implementation process (not daunting). User-friendly. Reporting function. Ability to set custom reminders/email notifications Options on how the user receives "credit" for training. Access to hundreds of training modules. Cons: There aren't much, but if I had to: Bulk assignments have limited editing abilities. Cannot create custom reports Ability to give credit to training modules/videos (not a "con" - more of a "nice to have") Overall I highly recommend Convergence.

Response from Convergence Training

Thanks for the review, Paula! Glad to hear we're helping to make your job a little easier.

Replied March 2017