• Pros

• "Powerful Product with a large range of options"

• "The ability to upload and personalize content to specific job qualifications along with the content already on the program. Also, the ability to link to our HR system. "

• "User friendly for both the administrator and the end user. I have used 'clunky' systems in the past and this system eliminates many of those annoying characteristics. "

• Cons

• "One of the cons I have with the learning management system is that their reporting features could be better."

• "More creative options for customization would be nice. "

• "Customizing reports to our needs has been a little off. Would like to see more options on the manage users screen for new and existing employees."

Browse Convergence LMS Reviews

Cindy from FlexSteel Pipeline Technologies

Industry: Oil & Energy

When I took over as LMS administrator, I had no one to train me. Your awesome support team helped!

I can make bulk assignments to large teams in less than a minute (with proper set-up).

Pros

I like how easy it is to upload content, pull reports, send reminders, track who's been naught and who's been nice in doing their assignments. Convergence provides a huge variety of training to help us stay current on safety training requirements. But what I REALLY like most about this software is the people; the support team has the patience of Job and are incredibly helpful. They've even created special software modifications to help me with my special requests.

Cons

I wish it would link quizzes to content I upload so I don't have to look for the quiz that goes with each assignment. I also wish there were fewer steps (example: check an item, move it over to a box, check it again, hit select)

Response from Convergence Training

Replied May 2018

We appreciate your feedback our content upload and tracking features. And we definitely like hearing that our support team has created a positive experience for you. Our software team has reviewed your comments and is always working toward improved usability.

Amanda from Ring Power

The year after launch

We have found a way to link all of our branches with the same training. We seldom have to send an instructor to a different state to try to teach them the exact training we rolled out in a corporate facility. It has stream lined training, career paths for our employees and safety. We are even able to send out company videos of the CFO to the masses and everyone feel like they were apart of it, rather than being weeks behind.

Pros

The people behind the product, is the best part. The support line can't be touched by any other in the industry. Answers are at your finger tips or even a quick zoom meeting away. You never feel rushed or as if you are burdening them for help. And the best part is that they listen. You may not say you need something like a filter added in for use but, they really understand what would make it better for the users. I get excited when I see a new feature they have added, it shows they have valued the input their customers have given and made an update.

Cons

The part about the software that I like least is that there are so many directions our company can go with it and I don't have the patience to wait. We like what we see and use and want it all in line for us, now.

John from Hollingsworth and Vose

Convergence Review

I like the features and functionality that the Convergence LMS has to offer. Specifically the CBT content and the Qualifications that we've created in the system to help supplement our training program. There have been a few items that I should also mention that we are not fond of. Your courses do not have functionality that allows the user to retake only the questions that they have missed on test. I'm also unable to customize the scores on the test myself without asking Convergence to do this function for me. The former company (Pure Safety) we utilized had this capability. Overall I give the system a good rating, but I would request that your content developers consider what I have mentioned above.

Response from Convergence Training

Replied November 2016

John, you'll be happy to know that custom passing scores are one of the many new features available in our new course templates. These updates will be pushed out early Q1 2017. We're also working on adding the ability to retake only incorrect test questions, so keep an eye out for that functionality in a future update.

Curt from Hearthside Food Solutions, LLC

Industry: Food Production

Food Production Manufacturer in Grand Rapids

overall, Convergence has been very easy to use, and very effective in its ability to track self-paced training, and generate reports as requested. It's been everything we've needed in an LMS.

Pros

The biggest advantage Convergence has, in my opinion, is their customer attention and responsiveness. When we first engaged this software, we received very helpful instruction and guidance from the trainer, especially, and then ongoing support from the helpline. Even though there is a 3 hour time difference, the staff was very responsive and available, as needed. We never felt 'left in the dust' to fend for ourselves.

Cons

There are 2 relatively minor items, (which might already be in the works to be improved, based on past experience!). When entering large quantities of items to be selected, the system starts to bog down after about 15 entries - which is easily enough solved by hitting the 'select' button - so this is a minor irritant. The other item which would be helpful would be, when adding records in Credit Wizard, if the selected Activity would 'stick', instead of having to re-search for the activity. Again, these are minor inconveniences - NOT biggies.

Jim from Rand Whitney Containerboard

Industry: Paper & Forest Products

Convergence Training for Rand Whitney Containerboard

Rand-Whitney Containerboard (RWCB) partnered with Convergence LMS in the spring of 2016. Our mission was to improve employee training by adding a computer based LMS to compliment our current "on the job" training. RWCB staff (IT, Prod. Mgmt., C.A.O.) went through a two-day, on-site training with a Convergence staff member to build a database, generate ideas on implementation, what training modules should be required for each production position and a time frame in which these assigned modules should be completed. Kickoff meetings for production crews (4) were held at the end of June where an overview of the training was presented, why RWCB was implementing a computer based LMS an explanation of expectations and time frame on which required modules were to be completed. The training was launched on July 1, 2016, with a date of December 31, 2016, for required modules to be completed. Approximately 60 employees were assigned required training modules. Based on the job position in the mill, required modules ranged from 7 (current entry level employees to 45 (Shift Supervisors (4), Senior Operators (8)). By the end of July about 1/3 of the employees completed their required modules. As of December 1, only two employees have completed their required modules. With a total of 45 modules selected by RWCB, each employee is offered the balance of modules, if not required to be taken, as Electives. RWCB is also implementing a process in which an employee is up for a promotion, one of the considerations will be completing the modules required for the position that open. I believe that not only the Convergence Training program has been very beneficial to RWCB employees that have been here for five years or less but also to employees that have been with RWCB since the mill started up in 1994. I found the experience to be better than I expected.

Response from Convergence Training

Replied December 2016

Thanks for the great info Jim. Sounds like everything is going smoothly for you. We're pleased to hear that you're happy you chose to go with Convergence.

Steven from Yokohama Industries Americas (YIA)

Very user friendly and intuitive ...

Pros

The ability to assign courses from the Convergence Training Library and also the ability to create site specific content and upload it into our company's training page. Reports are easy to create and run automatically. Reports can be printed on-demand to satisfy proof of training requirements for internal and external auditors.

Cons

Would like the ability to tailor a few of the reports .

Response from Convergence Training

Replied May 2018

Thank you for your kind words about our course assignment and reporting features. We are definitely working toward increased customization of reports. In the meantime, we'll make sure our support team is aware of your interest in added reporting flexibility.

Bobbie Lee from Manufacturing company

Highly Recommend

Pros

Two aspects I like most about the Convergence LMS is the user interface as well as the overall tracking capability.

Cons

Some of the cons I have include storage options, slow connection speeds at times, no reports for Requirement/Qualification for line by line items, or an ability to put "timelines" to tasklist training (this training should take one week, this should be taken prior to this, etc.).

Response from Convergence Training

Replied May 2018

Nice to hear that you appreciate our user interface and tracking. And our software team has been working hard in recent months to address system response times and speed up reporting for reports, particularly those involving large data sets. We've passed your comments along to our software team for review. In the meantime, please let us know when we can help with anything else

Zoinyer from Westway Feed Products LLC

Industry: Food Production

The entire staff is great and always helpful even with the smallest of concerns

tracking, entering data from outside sources

Pros

Ease of importing documents and being able to delete users from assignments, especially turning on/off bulk edit.

Cons

Response from Convergence Training

Replied May 2018

Thank you for your positive comments on our team and our system's ease of use. Our software team is continually working to improve the performance and usability of our LMS and our reporting features are a particular focus. We'll ensure your comments reach our software team.

Randy from Crown Uniform

Great system. Great Support.

Pros

Cons

Would like some additional notification/report settings and parameters. I.E. the ability to run exception reports and have the report go to only Supervisors whose employees appear on that report.

Response from Convergence Training

Replied May 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback on our support team and our system's ease of use. We appreciate your input on our reports as well. That's actually a set of features that we are continually working to optimize. Your comments will definitely reach our software development team. Please don't hesitate to let us know when there's anything else we can help you with.

Brian from Orchids Paper Products

Industry: Paper & Forest Products

Good product impeccable customer service.

After having convergence up and running almost a year I can say I like the product, but there are design aspects that could be more user-friendly. However, the customer service is second to none and there has never been a time that I couldn't get immediate help from a real person who fixed my problem or answered my question with speed and professionalism.

Pros

Powerful Product with a large range of options

Cons

The design process for new content types and designing overlays is tedious and difficult. Have had to write a book just to use it

Response from Convergence Training

Replied December 2016

HI Brian. Thanks for the review, and thanks for the nice words about our support team. We'll be sure to pass that along. I don't think you were on board for the initial admin training. It sounds a short refresher webinar could help. I'll have the support team reach out to you. Also, we have a new version of the LMS coming out in early 2017, with loads of new time-saving workflows and improved design. Stay tuned for more info.

Catherine from Georgia Pacific - Crossett

Value the application - wish I was more of a power user

Manage and document compliance training for our facility

Pros

I have been involved working with Convergence as one of the pilot GP sites. The application has a nice design, solid performance and I experience great customer service. As a company - we have an IT professional serve as a facilitator for the organization so many of the issues and concerns are resolved in advance of contacting customer services. Customer rep. has provided outstanding facilitation through the numerous upgrades.

Cons

Can't really think of anything - I need to take more time to keep our system working as designed. We should really be using the application for all verification and certification but there is considerable churn in our organization so it is difficult to keep up with administrator training.

Response from Convergence Training

Replied May 2018

Thank you for your positive comments. Good to hear that we've managed upgrades and your growing needs well. As you get more exposure to the system, please don't hesitate to reach out to our support team for help.

Christina from Georgia Pacific

The LMS is a very well running program and Convergence provides really good support.

Pros

Low, essentially non-existent, problem/failure rate. The LMS is flexible and relatively easy to manage.

Cons

The report options and report results view has some limitations. Also, the bulk versus individual assignments tool can be confusing.

Response from Convergence Training

Replied May 2018

Thank you for your kind comments on our system and support. Our software team is continually working to improve reporting speed and flexibility. For specific reporting concerns or to discuss custom report development, please contact our support team. We'll be happy to help!

Jacob from Weber State University

The LMS is a very functional system at a reasonable cost.

Pros

It is simple to use, straightforward, and meets the needs for large organizations to comply with required OSHA training.

Cons

One of the cons I've experienced is that some of the administrative mechanisms for assignment seem a little "clunky."

Response from Convergence Training

Replied May 2018

We appreciate your feedback. We're confident that recent design and performance improvements have addressed a range of administrative features, including system speeds and the process of assigning training. As always, please feel free to contact our support team with specific input and any immediate needs.

Randy from Cleveland Brothers Equipment Co.

Great LMS that is easy to use

Pros

Convergence provides quality information and their system is easy for our employees to use and understand.

Cons

Response from Convergence Training

Replied May 2018

Thank you for your positive input and great rating. We'll continue working on our reporting features. Please feel free to reach out to our support team when there's anything else you need along the way.

Paula from Lapp USA

Industry: Industrial Automation

Great tool

Convergence LMS has made many training administrative duties much easier and simpler, such as assigning, accrediting, recording, and reporting. The implementation was a breeze and they helped me every step of the way to ensure the system was customized exactly necessary for our organization. Pros: Admin training - informative and specific. Entire implementation process (not daunting). User-friendly. Reporting function. Ability to set custom reminders/email notifications Options on how the user receives "credit" for training. Access to hundreds of training modules. Cons: There aren't much, but if I had to: Bulk assignments have limited editing abilities. Cannot create custom reports Ability to give credit to training modules/videos (not a "con" - more of a "nice to have") Overall I highly recommend Convergence.

Response from Convergence Training

Replied March 2017

Thanks for the review, Paula! Glad to hear we're helping to make your job a little easier.

Teri from Ring Power

Convergence gets an A+!

Pros

Service and support are A+++. Very user friendly and intuitive.

Cons

More creative options for customization would be nice.

Ray from Crane Aerospace & Electronics

Good deal for the cost

The experience is not always intuitive but the support structure is incredibly strong and helpful. Customer service responds promptly and the support websites are helpful.

Pros

Organizational structure makes sense. Reports are useful

Cons

Sometimes is slow and not intuitive. If you have used a function in a while it takes some work to figure out how to do what you need to do.

Response from Convergence Training

Replied December 2016

Thanks for the feedback, Ray. We appreciate it. Powerful software like this can sometimes have a steep learning curve (although we think ours is less steep than most). I don't believe you were a part of the initial LMS onboarding training. It might make sense for you to go through a brief refresher training session. I'll have the support team reach out. Keep leaning on our support resources for help and we guarantee you'll be an expert before the end of the year :)

Steve from Ash Grove Cement Company

Great LMS

Pros

Some pros include ease of access; good selection of topics; mining-specific topics; and ability to track training time.

Cons

The one con is that printing certificates can be a hassle - a little more complicated than it needs to be.

Response from Convergence Training

Replied May 2018

Thank you for your positive feedback on our features and content. We've forwarded your suggestions for improving the certificate printing experience and hope to have that addressed soon. In the meantime, please feel free to reach out with input or questions. We¿re here to help.

Lori from Industrial Electric Service

Overall it does what it is suppose to do.

There are some steps once you get on the program that do not make sense. Seems like there would be an easier way to do the same thing. We have had 1 problem since we have been on the program (2 years), when we ran a completion report it was not calculating the time duration correctly. It took customer service almost 2 months to correct. When I called and spoke with a representative he told me it is what it is and they would get to it when they can. Meantime I had 2 employees that needed to finish their MSHA training before a certain date. They could do a lot better in customer service (at least that 1 representative). Would like to see more in their library.

Response from Convergence Training

Replied November 2016

Hi Lori, We take pride in having a very well-regarded and highly-rated support team. It's our goal to respond to and address all support requests as quickly as possible. We're happy to hear you've only encountered one issue in over two years of service, but apologize it wasn't addressed quickly enough. Our support queue can get quite full at times, but we'll continue to do our best to complete requests as fast as we can.

Andrea from Wanzek Construction

Great Customer Service

From the first phone call learning about Convergence (prior to purchase) to the current date (a year and a half after purchase) the customer service from the staff has been incredible. I'm new to the training world and have never been the administrator of an LMS system prior, I couldn't imagine a better group of people to work with, from our sales representative that I still talk to regularly to the trainers to the technical support. They have all been wonderful. Convergence itself has been a great upgrade to the LMS we had here prior. Our end users like the ease of getting to their trainings in addition to enrolling in classes and electives. Our supervisors have really come to rely on the scheduled reports for their teams due training and we have had higher completion rates of training because of this system and what it can do. The technical staff there and our IT department have worked well together to get our users auto imported when hired and updated when needed. I'm excited to see what they come up with next!

Response from Convergence Training

Replied November 2016

Thanks for the kind words Andrea. We think you're pretty great too!

Amy from Van Doren Sales, Inc

The perfect fit for training

Pros

I like how easy it is to assign classes, monitor grades and implement new programs.

Cons

I would say reminders (maybe you do that already) would be good because they go along time without logging on. It's easy to forget to do it.

Thomas from Quinn Company

Industry: Machinery

Training was helpful and the additional day was a great benefit for our staff.

Ability to track existing employee skill sets and ability to pinpoint which locations needs which training based on task list completions.

Pros

Ease of navigation and everyone has been helpful when we have any issue. Resolution time has been good.

Cons

We would like to see a calendar function so that we could display our training schedule more effectively.

Response from Convergence Training

Replied May 2018

We appreciate your thoughtful review! While it's always nice to hear positive reviews, it's exceptionally helpful to get honest feedback on features that we could add or improve. Your comments and ratings will be shared with our software development team. And please let us know when we can help along the way.

Very friendly, informed staff makes Convergence the best!

Pros

I was on the team that implemented the training, am an administrator and have taken some of the classes. The whole system is easily navigated. Response to questions is incredibly fast. Staff is very responsive and knowledgeable. Regular emails are sent to keep us up to date with new classes.

Cons

Nothing really. We could use more classes in Spanish, but they're steadily adding them. Our contact with Convergence stays up on the latest information and keeps us informed.

Response from Convergence Training

Replied May 2018

We appreciate your comments on our software and support staff. We work hard to ensure customers have positive experiences with every aspect of our business. And you're right, we're continually developing multilingual eLearning courses, including more in Spanish. As your needs grow and when questions come up, please feel free to let us know.

Jill from Top Notch Distributors, Inc

Industry: Warehousing

Safety Courses - YES!

Pros

I liked the number of safety courses that were available and the ease of use. The courses are very simple to navigate and well put together.

Cons

I think that the admin side is pretty cumbersome. I've worked in a lot of LMS's over the years and thought I could figure this one out on my own. I can't. It's been pretty difficult but I think that it's just the terminology that I must get used to.

Scott from Yancey Brothers

Industry: Machinery

The courses are applicable to our industry. The website navigation is easy.

Pros

I like the ease of navigation in the system. If employees find it difficult to navigate they are going to resist taking the courses.

Cons

I would like to see more driving courses. Convergence is doing a great job adding courses but of course there is always going to be something that we need more of.

Response from Convergence Training

Replied May 2018

Thank you for your comments on our user experience design. We try to ensure that both administrators and users find the system intuitive and easy to use. We'll make sure your interest in more driving courses reaches our content development team. And we'll look forward to more details on what specific types of driving courses would be most helpful to your organization.

Eric from Empire Candle Co. LLC

Building a safety program

Pros

Cons

The biggest con (for me) was that I decided to go with self paced learning to run the system. I should, and probably will, go for face to face training to make sure I am getting the most out of the system.

Don from UtilityOneSource

Convergence Safety and LMS

The safety aspect of the LMS has helped our organization to get a great jump start on training. The ease of use, cost and service from Convergence is one of the best I have experienced in 20+ years in the Learning and Development business. I look forward to building a great partnership as our company grows. I can not imagine trying to build a Learning Organization with a complicated LMS. Look forward to the journey. Don Pratt

Response from Convergence Training

Replied March 2017

Thanks Don. We're looking forward to it too!

Sidney from Canal Barge Company, Inc.

Convergence LMS Paving the Way Forward for CBC

Convergence Training has stepped up to the plate in terms of meeting our company's basic training tracking needs. When new reports and general updates to our company's personalized LMS, Convergence made that improvement happen. CBC fully expects to meet all of our industries federal regulatory requirements moving forward with Convergence Training's help.

Response from Convergence Training

Replied March 2017

Happy to hear all's well, Sidney. We've really enjoyed working with you guys over the years. Here's to more good years ahead!

Randy from J&M Tank Lines

Convergence System

Good morning. I have used the MSHA Training module for over two years. The system is very easy to administer. It is always up to date and informative. The dash board reporting gives me everything I need. The system is also very "User Friendly" for both my employees and myself. And, I always got prompt response when I had a question.

Response from Convergence Training

Replied December 2016

Thanks for the review, Randy. We're happy to hear the Convergence LMS is helping you get the job done.

Jonathan from Microsoft

Great tool for employee training

Convergence training has a great set of features to deliver and manage employee training. When we activated the product, the customer service team helped us set up the LMS to fit our organization and then taught us how to use it. They have very responsive customer service and have provided a flexible product that has grown with us to fit our needs over the past four years.

Response from Convergence Training

Replied November 2016

Hey Jonathan, thanks for the great review!

Amy from Westway Feed Products

Convergence LMS

As a user, the Convergence LMS is fantastic. Easy to use and intuitive. Don't have to figure out the system in order to complete training. As an administrator, I have found a few bugs, but the company has been responsive and provided support and work arounds in a timely manner.

Response from Convergence Training

Replied December 2016

Thanks for the nice review Amy. We're happy to hear you're finding the Convergence LMS intuitive and easy to use.

Barrett from Canal Barge Company

Great LMS

This LMS is used on over 40 vessels and also for shore-side personnel. Ease of use is amazing and support is great.

Response from Convergence Training

Replied December 2016

Hi Barrett! Thanks for the review. We're happy to hear you're finding our LMS easy to use and that support has been treating you well. We'll pass that along.

Angela from Martin Marietta

Convergence MMU

Interface could be more user friendly and intuitive. Less steps to accomplish goals with regard to administration.

Response from Convergence Training

Replied March 2017

We're sorry to hear you're having some troubles using the Convergence LMS, Angela. We have a fantastic support team here, as it appears you're aware of, and some great resources in our knowledgebase. I'll confirm with support that you have access to all these materials, and I'll see if we can also arrange a session with our training team to help you smooth out some of the bumps in your workflow. There are often many ways to accomplish a single task in the LMS. We'll show you some tips and tricks to speed things up.

John from Pilot Chemical

Outstanding LMS for Manufacturing

The features of the Convergence Enterprise LMS fully support the training requirements of manufacturing companies. Their entire staff is responsive and great folks to work with

Response from Convergence Training

Replied November 2016

Thanks John! It's been a pleasure working with you as well.

Andy from Theranos

Excellent Learning Management System

We have been using this system for more than a year now and have been very happy with it. The system is very intuitive and user friendly. Support is also spot on.

Response from Convergence Training

Replied November 2016

Thanks Andy! We appreciate the review.