• Pros

• "Very useful tool for communicating with students and parents. "

• "I absolutely love Edmodo! The ability to receive assignments and updates at my convenience."

• "I love being to able to connect with and share resources I have created with fellow teachers and educators through this app. It’s a great resource to improve my education goals."

• Cons

• "Edmodo is an excellent tool. The only bad thing is that the page is heavy, so it sometimes takes a long time to load, so you should wait to upload a file. "

• "Although bad connection of internet might be a problem using Edmodo, it is easy to use and learn. Edmodo layout and newsfeed needs to be organize well so it will not confuse the users. "

• "Well, social media is a two-way sword and sometimes I get complaints about its too easy and distractive."

Browse Edmodo Reviews

Alejandro from Hospital Herrera Llerandi

Very useful even for non 100% educational institutions

We are not an educational institution like a School, College or University, but we at the hospital we offer Continuing Medical Education and Educational Training to the nurse staff and Doctors. Thats how we applied for this amazing platform without being an educational institution per-sé. It has worked for us very nice, until now, it has been well accepted among the users.

Pros

The user interface is very friendly (because its based in the UI of Facebook), so people get used to it very easily. I also like all the features that this platform offers.

Cons

Its a little bit tricky to use at the beginning even for the administrator if you don't have to much knowledge about it.

Reasons for Choosing Edmodo

Google asked us to be 100% an educational institution, which we aren't, so we looked for other options, and the other best option was Edmodo. They asked us a lot of things to, but they were very receptive about what we do, and how we do it, and they accepted us that way.

Lisa from Gaston Day School

A great tool for distance learning and elearning

It is very easy for teachers to share content, lessons, assignments, etc. with students and there are lots of great features for teachers to easily see and track student progress.

Pros

I am the director of educational technology at a school that recently moved to distance learning. This has been a great tool for allowing our teachers to deliver quality content over the web. There is a huge resource library with lots of great content for teachers to choose.

Cons

Right now it is free for teachers because of the COVID-19 crisis. I am unsure if we will have the budget to pay for it if it is not free next year.

Reasons for Choosing Edmodo

it was free because of the COVID-19 crisis and many teachers were interested.

Nick from Ramapo Indian Hills High School District

Good LMS to Help Manage the Classroom

Overall, this is a good product for basic LMS needs, and worked for me in the beginning. After playing with a number of LMS apps and continuing to revamp my needs and redesign what online learning should look like, other LMS might just offer more in flexibility/features.

Pros

As is the case with most LMS apps out there, Edmodo does a nice job shifting from paper-digital, and giving students and teachers a platform to help manage and stay organized in the digital space. The fact that you can do a lot with the free platform is a big plus and educators Everything updates in real time, and is simple enough to put together your digital needs in one space.

Cons

To me, unlike some other LMS apps out there, Edmodo is limited. It doesn't have the modern or sleek look and design as others. It also doesn't have as interactive capability to embed a number of other apps/tools that teachers use daily into it. This is a must have when it comes to the digital classroom space. The more we can limit sending links and have one program integrate everything else into it, the better classroom management will be. I would also like to see some integrated features like virtual chats/video conferencing, and more enhanced lesson design features.

Amy from Dallas ISD

Students Loved It!

Edmodo was incredibly helpful for being able to post assignments, give students instant access to resources, and easy grading. I really enjoyed using it, even if it did have a few issues.

Pros

I was able to use Edmodo when my school district had a 1:1 iPad initiative. Students loved being able to come into the classroom and having one set place to be able to login and find what they needed for the day.

Cons

When I used it (2016-2018), the website felt a little clunky. The students liked using it, but it never seemed like it ran as smoothly as it could have, considering how long it had been around.

Reasons for Choosing Edmodo

At the time, most of the teachers at my school were using Edmodo, so it seemed like the best choice for me, as well.

Ganjar from Rumah BaCa

Social Media for Your Classroom

Using Edmodo is not only beneficial for my distance learning program. It also helps my offline classes to reduce the usage of printing materials, making our classes both more economic and environmental friendly.

Pros

Edmodo is easy to use. It mimics the interface of popular social media, making it very easy for users to learn and use it. It also allows engagement between various parties, such as students, teachers, and parents. Teachers can post assignments, students can answer and post their reports while parents can observe the education process and provide feedback.

Cons

The grading system is rather basic. Also, there is no chatting feature making it rather difficult for teachers and students to have quick chat.

Sarah from Duxbury Public Schools

Edmodo

It was really good until I realized what features they were missing. I made the decision to switch to Schoology as a result, and haven't looked back.

Pros

I initially started using Edmodo in my classroom as an 8th grade teacher. It allowed students to submit work on an iPad and get it to me easily. They had a great set up, very user friendly, and it fit right into my classroom routine.

Cons

I was disappointed that Edmodo just didn't keep up with its competitors like Canvas and Schoology. They went a different direction in terms of focus for the platform- more a social media and less a learning management system, and therefore I had to make the decision to move away from it. I'd wanted to support the platform but it wasn't growing as quickly as I needed it to, or as the competition was.

Michael from School

Edmodo

I will continue to use edmodo, I like its features and the kids enjoy it too.

Pros

In the classroom I use edmodo to send students assignments, communicate about school related topics and share stories.

Cons

Because of lack of security I cannot grade assignments on edmodo, so having to use edmodo and my schools grading system is time consuming

Eduardo from The Six-Year Kugel High School in Holon, Israel

My review of Edmodo

Since I used it to collaborate in Spanish (my pupils were students of Spanish as a Foreign Language), using Edmodo for this project enabled me to help my pupils learn a lot of Spanish: I could have pupils comment on what pupils from Spain uploaded, and share content (video, text, etc.) in Spanish. The choice of Platform contributed to the successful completion of the project

Pros

The ease with which I could set up a course where pupils from a course from school in Spain could share/collaborate with pupils from one of my sources at the Six-Year Kugel High School in Israel. In addition, it is a secure and safe digital environment.

Cons

IT has a look that is quite similar to facebook. Some pupils were reluctant to use it because of that (However, I must point out that I could engage others precisely because itlooks like Facebook)

cathie from clarkson creative consulting

Parents helper!

This is a user friendly software for teachers, students and parents!

Pros

I've had to get more familiar with this platform as my kids have begun to homeschool because of the pandemic. There is a huge learning curve for us parents and Edmodo is helpful.

Cons

It takes a little while to understand how each teacher uses the platform. But that is not the software's fault.

Danieal from MILESTONES

Edmodo

Edmodo works better for me using a desktop layout.

Pros

Our children school decided to use a new class management app called Edmodo. If my children teachers enjoys being informative and communicating than this is very effective and efficient for everyone. It allows me to be more engaged and involved with the children daily studies and review class assignments and test scores; to inform me what I can do to help my children be better scholars.

Cons

Numerous technical issues when trying to create account and when using the app. I have missed very important messages from teachers because I did not receive their notifications. Although, I set app to get notification alerts.

Alison from The Prairie School

A "natural flow" LMS for students. Great for posting from homework to tests to parent communication.

Edmodo completely changes the flow of the classroom from when I was a student. Before you lecture as students take notes, then hand out homework. There may be notes home for parents that you then have to keep track of. NO MORE! The LMS allows to you upload all of the notes ahead of time, keeping students engaged, paying attention and participating. The homework can be uploaded, reducing the environmental impact of education in our one-to-one iPad environment, reducing the "I lost my homework/ You lost my homework" issues (the internet could eat it, but haven't had that yet!), test functions reduce the amount of paper tests to complete. Finally, parent communication can largely occur through the application as well. It creates a "one-stop-shop" environment for the classroom and streamlines the classroom process for easy teaching, and easy learning.

Pros

I like the user-friendly interface of Edmodo. It seems similar to some social media platforms, making it easy for students to interact in a familiar way. There are good controls, such as restriction of student access, and read-only abilities. It is a great way for teachers to share work, notes, homework, etc with their classes, and interact with their students. Tests can also be handled through this platform. Students can also edit their work on the platform and receive feedback. Parent communication can also be handled through the application, which keeps them in the loop and helps students communicate at home with their parents regarding their work. Badges are a great motivator, especially in the gamified classroom. Students can also use the planner feature to keep track of and prioritize their work. It is also a way that teachers can interact with each other. Finally, the integration with other software, like Google, is pretty well handled.

Cons

The features of Edmodo can be a bit limited compared to some other LMSs, but it is also what makes it a simple enough tool to be easy to learn. The grading is simplistic and makes it harder to use in upper-level education. There has also been some interruption from ads, that while always school appropriate, are not always age appropriate, so it has created some questions in the classroom. I have had some problems with notifications, which support suggests is working as designed, but I would like to receive a bit more notification other than direct student messages. Parents would also like to have communications with them and their student come from one source for two-way communication, to one area, rather than what it is now, which is a bit wider spread across platforms. I have also had some issues with the display of my Chinese characters. Additionally, weighted grades, or varying the assignments by students would be helpful.

Juvy from Somerton Middle School

Edmodo is a game changer software that delivers perfect learning set-up to all learners & educators

Over-all, this software has the reporting tools every teacher needs to give immediate feedback to each student. As a teacher, it is important that each learner knows the academic standing and through Edmodo, my students can easily interact and communicate with me. This software is a must for every learner and teacher.

Pros

This software perfectly fits to the fast-pacing learning environment I want to share with all my students. I used the software for quite sometime and it makes dynamic interactions to all my students of different levels of learning styles. I like the idea that I can provide all the learning materials that my students are needing wherever they are and at their own convenience. Edmodo is a software that all teachers must try to experience the benefits of teaching easily at the tap of the fingertip. As an educator, this software makes a big revolution on how the learning should look like. This software offers convenience, flexibility and accuracy. Over-all, the features that I like most about this software is that, I can access the performance of each student and I can give immediate assessment and feedback. One thing more, the reports that it can provide, gave me the opportunity to reflect and make adjustments to what that students should learn.

Cons

The features of the software are great. It is my best educational software so far and I can't identify what I don't like on this software.

Daniel from Hospital Ortopédico Infantil

Excellent! very friendly and dynamic academic platform!!

Pros

Edmodo is a very simple and easy-to-use software. It allows a dynamic interaction between the teacher and the students, as well as stimulates the participation of the classroom in group discussions on topic topics for the subject. Has everything that can be considered necessary to promote distance education aswell the e-learning, because it allows you to share all kinds of files either by uploading them to the cloud, sharing a link or writing on the wall. it also allows the teacher to attach all the files and documents necessary for the classes, in such a way that the students can access it at any time and in any place. Last but not least important, edmodo allows the teacher to perform exams virtually, both with time limits and without timing. I used it during the 4 years that I studied my university degree.

Cons

I think that edmodo needs an update to the design of the interface, because it looks a bit sober and outdated

Angie from aliantec

Industry: Executive Office

Emodo, allows to maintain a communication between students and teachers

The experience I have had with edmodo has been quite good, it facilitates communication in a certain way, it is easy to make deliveries either of students in school, university, postgraduate, among others. I like it but I think that it should improve in some things

Pros

Edmodo is a very complete virtual platform, allows a communication between teachers and students to be established, in the case of teachers they can send activities to the students, in the same way they can set the delivery date, it is easy to have a clear visualization of the notes that each student takes. Students through emodo can visualize the classes if they are uploaded power point presentations or documents of interest, they can also solve when not having face-to-face classes and have virtual evaluations, their interface is easy to interest. I quite like that it is similar to a social network, you can place an avatar and even your related information It is a free tool so it is important to make the most of it, it is always in continuous improvement, which reflects how good it can be with the passage of time.

Cons

From my experience, I think it is usually a point against this platform does not have a chat window, that is, teachers and students can not communicate quickly between them, it is necessary to send a message, it is not possible to visualize among students who are online or not, something that does happen with other platforms similar to this, should be an improvement in the future

Mavares from Universidad Nacional Experimental Politécnica 'Antonio José de Sucre'

Motivate, Study, Integrate and develop your potential

I manage knowledge quickly and fun

Pros

The communicative dynamic, generated in social networks, is almost equal to that which occurs in the day to day of any individual. One of the most important characteristics of this process is that while the individual is circumscribed to a specific environment, the networks connect it to almost everyone. Therefore, Edmodo educational network allows the global connection with people and organizations around the world, making available a large amount of resources for the development of its potential. The platform is presented in a very intuitive way, and nothing complicated, which facilitates the management of knowledge, quickly and friendly. Its unlimited storage capacity, allows the integration of many resources: create, assign, and schedule was never so simple. and on a single platform, which, being integrated with Google's tools for Education, like Microsoft's, guarantees the development of the potential of teaching, which can be reinforced by the whole family.

Cons

The contemporary platforms have expanded the concept and possibilities of the classrooms, with which, they must make of these, more than a physical space, a great tool that allows to develop the learning, at all levels. For that reason, the platforms should have the possibility of being modified easily, making them more striking, personalized and with more current designs. In the same order of ideas, it is expected that the versions of the smart devices are the most similar to those seen in the PC, in this case, we must improve their performance.

Leon from BairesDev

Helpful, easy and

Edmodo has proven to be useful, resourceful and even fun to use, with almost no downsides. I believe all instructors/teachers/professors/students should give it a try.

Pros

My answer is coming from a student's perspective, because I have not used Edmodo as a teacher or as an Educational Institution: Edmodo is one of those applications that you can hardly find anything negative, it just probably misses certain features that could enhance the user's experience. It has a simple and familiar dashboard that closely resembles Facebook and LinkedIn, The Backpack system is linked to Office 365, it lets you drop by documents as long as it is part of the Office suite, although it also accepts archives in PDF format. This is very helpful when it comes to deliver certain assignments. If you miss a class, the teacher is able to send a video of the lectures given that day. It easily allows you to stay in touch with your teachers/professors (As long as they use Edmodo regularly). Teachers/Professors are able to massively facilitate to all students handouts and articles of interests through Edmodo's Folders. There is no premium version, you get all the features for free.

Cons

It lacks a live chat group, or a private messaging feature which could be very useful. It has a lot of ads, although any Adblocker seems to get the job done. But I encourage people to leave the ads there, this will help Edmodo grow.

CARLOS from COENER.Centro de Orientación en Energía

excellent, with edmodo my classes are more dynamic

dynamism, feedback, learning, continuous communication with my students, facilitates virtual distance education.

Pros

I am a university professor in the area of finance and management, I have about three years using edmodo as a virtual teaching platform and I found it extremely useful. With edmodo I can structure all the content of the subject, as well as schedule exams and other virtual assessments for my students in bolivia, chile and venezuela. students can access the platform at any time of the day and follow the schedule of distance classes Likewise Edmodo evaluation tools automatically correct the quizzes carried out by the students according to the answers that I program. This undoubtedly facilitates the correction process, by totaling the grades of my students. On the other hand Edmodo allows me to upload all kinds of files as well as link material of didactic interest for my virtual classes.

Cons

I am very satisfied and excited about Edmodo. I consider it an excellent educational platform. I use it daily with excellent results.

Malwina from whiplash

Edmodo leads you transfer to paperless mode.

It is very simple to use, designed good, always working smoothly. And it has tons of awesome tools and different useful functions. Recommended.

Pros

Edmodo is perfect online platform for education. As a trainer I can say that you can't find something like that. Edmodo provides great tools for teachers and people who need one space for collaborate with his/her audience. You can add other viewers, for example if you are working with minors you can add their parents to group. Online grading feature is perfect. And of course it's working with Google Drive and that means it does not require any downloads. Joining to any group is so simple, you can add new member by using their email or they individually join by using group code.

Cons

Am usually working with web version of Edmodo, but sometimes I need to check my stuff quickly, I mean with mobile version. But I don't like it so much, It is not working well as web version. I think they have to do some improvements on this side too.

Strong Product, Struggles to Differentiate

Pros

This is a great product that has a lot of helpful features. It is similar to facebook, so it is very easy for individuals (students and teachers) to pick up and quickly become adept with. Additionally, it is versatile enough to be used to challenge students and improve their work flow. I particularly like the ability to quickly get students the feedback they need to improve their own work habits.

Cons

It struggles to differentiate itself from other software. There are a lot of "parallel programs" out there that accomplish much of the same actions. Some of these are better integrated with other, common educational tools and do not require additional logins.

Waleed from Khyber Teaching Hospital

A neat social-network for Schools.

a good enough tool for teaachers to help students and keep things organized.

Pros

Very neat and clean compared to the mess of ads, useless posts that is in facebook etc Purely academic stuff to see here it is still free to use very clean way to connect teachers-students and even parents assignemts feature is perhaps the most useful everything is stored here in the . no body meisses nothing when class is managed using edmodo. free training is available for teachers one of the most amazing features is that you can connect it to office 365 and then create and share documents without requiring any further steps . and can also share documents directly from google drive to there (like air to air)

Cons

office 365 is only supported if u have school or work email. many many many features are lacking. it could be a lot better if these are added. something like, "explain-everything' should be integrated to make demostrations easy. native is and android apps are even more basic ,,,,,devoid of the most important features like assignements.

Ma Jovelyn from Child's Place DAP School

Edmodo for the win!

As a 21st century teacher, utilizing Edmodo in my classroom makes me look like a trendy teacher. Plus it offers trainings and special offers through personal email by directly messaging me on my email address. It surely a great learning partner for me and my students

Pros

Edmodo helps me connect to my students not only in the classroom but in the internet room as well. I have let my students be exposed to this kind of technological innovations so they can see that the internet is not only about social media but a platform of learning as well. In this platform, I upload more of my lectures so that they could easily add notes in their reviewers. I also share helpful links and assignments that make their papers easier to do. I also loved the messaging feature where they could directly message me and ask questions about the given topics. I have gained so much respect and cool points from my students whenever we use this app.

Cons

There is nothing not to love about this app. It is accessible and user-friendly both to teachers and the students as well. But of course, there is still room for improvements. Maybe it would be more convenient to use if we could add files directly to edmodo using other online storages

Paola from Adidas

Edmodo is an excellent and very useful educational platform

In general, it has been a good experience and as a student it helped me a lot since I had the way to visualize certain classes or to deliver different works

Pros

I think edmodo is a very complete platform and the truth is very easy to use, I think I like it because it allows to maintain good communication between students and teachers, it is a very good option for students to verify their grades, perform certain activities and even visualize classes already seen. I think it is a very good thing also that the parents of students can also be informed through this platform and know how their children go, another of its great benefits is that it is free and easy to access. It is a software that guarantees the development of teaching of the teachers and the good development of knowledge in the students

Cons

Edmodo is a complete platform but I think it needs to have a kind of chat or conference where in case of doubt or concerns there may be a direct communication with teachers, sometimes just wait to the next class to answer questions or through the mail electronic, for which I consider that this should be an option that has the platform

Oriana from Odontosalud-P

Good educational platform, very useful and powerful

As for my experience, really good and constant learning, as one learns to use the software is acquiring knowledge and also learn as the classes are observed

Pros

Really edmodo is a very interesting software, I think it is one of the best options in which students and teachers can be connected and in certain ways all benefit. In the case of teachers, Edmodo allows them to share information with their students, be it classes, activities to be done in class, a specific video among others, and in the same way it allows generating forums where all students interact. As for the students it is a very good option for them to be up to date with the classes, they can download the files on their computers among other things I like its interface, it is easy to use and it is a free software, I have had the opportunity to use it in the university and some courses

Cons

I consider that it is a fairly complete software but that when it comes to determining something unsatisfactory would be the following: It does not allow in any way to establish direct communication between professors and students and equally they can not communicate between students, which should be an improvement in the future, since it would be a great contribution

Adelyn from Design Tech High School

Good quality, very convenient to use

Pros

Edmodo makes for very good class communication. I used it for both Chinese classes and my History class. Teachers can easily make posts and students who have questions can leave comments (somewhat like social media) and the teacher will respond to them, and so classmates who have the same question can see the answer and the teacher won't need to answer it multiple times. The user interface is great and it takes very little time to get acquainted with the software.

Cons

Some of the features that seemed to be really great ideas also seemed a little bit excessive, like badges. I would love to have these implemented but it's hard for a teacher to base much of their curriculum and class structure off of a software's award systems... to a certain degree, teachers maintain their uniqueness for their classes. In addition, there's some personalization questions that students can answer for their "profiles" on Edmodo but teachers rarely act on them and it seems like extra steps and/or somewhat of a distraction for the students.

Maria Jose from ASAP VENEZUELA

I have used Edmodo to share information and opinions like using a blog with teachers and students.

The convenience of connecting with classmates, students and teachers, interacting in a same page, sharing information and opinions out of a physical work area.

Pros

Edmodo is a software that can be use like a network that connect teachers, parents and students, with the purpose of sharing information, publishing work, fomenting debate and disscusion, all these out of the classroom. Creating safe groups to learn and share information beyond the physical place of school, collage or university.

Cons

Sometimes the tools provided by the software, can be difficult to use. I find the presentation of the main page a little difficult to get used to. I will like to see a different and more organized way to present the main page

James from Cannons Creek Independent School

Edmodo for iPads

This is a great, all-around, paperless tool that every teacher should use.

Pros

Edmodo is an excellent platform for teachers who are moving towards a paperless system of classroom content and assignments using iPads. Edmodo can be managed from your laptop and uploads in real time to your student accounts on their iPad app. One great feature of Edmodo is their online library of ideas and resources as well as a community of users that you can ask or share ideas with. I like how parents can sign up too and see what assignments their children have due .

Cons

Not much I don't like about Edmodo. I have only used it in conjunction with iPads and not Android devices.

Linda from CLB Global Services, Inc.

Perfect platform for communicating with students!

I've had a great experience with Edmodo. They are very innovative and offer continuing education for teachers and also host educational technology conferences and webinars. They have great customer service and the platform is easy to use. As a teacher I have to communicate with students. I worked at a school for four years where all teachers used Edmodo. The students knew that this was the place to find missing work or assignments and all class communication. I enjoyed creating surveys within the class stream and students could see real time results.

Pros

Edmodo is a great platform for student engagement. Students today are tech saavy and are comfortable using social media. Edmodo is set up like Facebook for education. I like that there is an app that students can download and will be alerted when I post a new lesson, resource or message. In the teacher app, I receive alerts when students submit work or comment in the class stream.

Cons

What I don't like about this software is that I have to manually input quiz questions, and after they are in the test bank, there is no way for me to download a complete test with answer key.

Michelle from MSD of Wabash County

Edmodo Review

I have used Edmodo for the past seven years. It is by far the easiest, user-friendly Educational Learning System I've used. It works a lot like Facebook. Students who are absent can easily stay in touch with what their class did by checking in. I post daily assignments, quizzes, articles - or even entire novels - and video clips on this sight. It is a wonderful tool to use when I have to have a substitute teacher, too!

Pros

I love that I can give my students quizzes and it gives them instant feedback. I can easily post news articles for my English and Current Events classes. And, best of all, it is free for all teachers to use!

Cons

It is sometimes glitchy, but that may be my school's lack of bandwidth, too.

Vilma from Cueva Social

Amazing experience with Edmodo

A few times in the year I teach some classes, and Edmodo has been an excellent tool when I need to organize the material for any of it. In relation of students, information, blogs and everything you need for a good development of any classroom.

Pros

I love about Edmodo that it's a platform you can use for working with students, teachers and parents. It's terrific for work outside the classroom, and provides very useful features for sharing information.

Cons

What I like the least about Edmodo, is that I found it a little hard to learn how to use it. And sometimes it's hard for me to visualize in a organized way, the front page of the platform, but with time, you get use to it.

Great LMS for schools!

Pros

It is a wonderful LMS if you see your students in class at least once a week. It provides a space to enhance the classroom and keep the learning experience happening even after school hour passed. It looks pretty much like Facebook so everyone learns how to use it quikly. Besides, everyone has their classes well organized with no effort. It also has a teacher-parent communication functionality that is really helpful for primary and middle school.

Cons

Teacher might find it annoying when the have to re-organize a class at the beginning of each term since Edmodo does not keep a syllabus for any class.

Great parent/teacher collaboration platform

Pros

Used Edmodo for my daughter's elementary school years. This is a great platform. Easy to communicate with teachers, track upcoming assignments, quizzes, and tests. Makes you feel empowered and engaged as a parent knowing what your child is learning and allowed me to help them be prepared. Cool collaboration feature with other students was a safe and focused environment for my child.

Cons

Did not find the mobile version to be as effective as the web version. It would be great to have some sort of live chat functionality where a teacher could post hours available so if a student needed live assistance for homework or after school questions about an assignment, it could all be done through the platform.

Katherine from Universidad Central de Venezuela

My experience has been excellent with Edmodo, I recommend it.

The benefits that I had as a student is the easy learning I had with this tool and as an administrator the facility to evaluate.

Pros

Both for teachers and students it is easy to access and easy to use. It allows you to upload YouTube videos, comment, share files, send tasks and see the progress you have. The teacher can limit the delivery of a task and the best thing is that the jobs are stored in the backpack.

A different Kind of LMS

It's better to use a more commonly used UI for my LMS and as social media is just what I need Edmodo is just the right choice for me. I am using the free plans and this is just fun. No dull UI to deal with and more enjoyable experience for my students.

Pros

I need to make a small tutorial on using photoshop and another image editing tool and found Edmodo has a lot of good reviews and feature that I need. It's free and does a very good job. Everything is cloud and does not need any effort once setup is just what I need. Sometimes training a new member is so time-consuming that I have made some basic video so I don't have to tell every, new team member, what to do. Creating is fun and simple, even for me. I just uploaded ad that it, I found its better not to use YT. YT just have the video but I need a quiz to add so I can see they saw all the video and does not skip them. I have also added some PSD for each class so all my member can send their own version of the edited photo and I can evaluate better. Edmodo does not feel like LMS, it looks like more of a social media.

Cons

Berenice from L.B. angel noriega perez

Great Educational Social Network

This social educational network puts into our hands the transformation of education, since the interaction of teachers with students will be constant and in a more dynamic and enjoyable for the learners, and in turn will allow us to reinforce those co Not reached by any group of students, and at the same time assignments can also be made to students who are unable to attend in a given time.

Pros

This wonderful educational network allows teachers to keep in touch with our students and representatives in order to provide educational strategies to ensure meaningful learning, while it is easy to use, safe, Interactive, versatile and free. Other advantages also offer distance classes for those students who so require by some health or other situation for a certain time with flexibility of schedule.

Cons

They are very scarce, among them you can mention that you can not visualize the students who are online, you can not migrate the information to be published the wall of the groups and the students cannot communicate with each other directly by mens Aje and private

Helen from CCBOE

Great Classroom Communication Tool

Edmodo helps me communicate classroom assignments and content to students and parents.

Pros

I really like that I can set up my classroom through Edmodo and share assignments with students for them to complete, with parents being able to access the site to keep up with student work. I love the resources available and the ability to message my students in real time. This has been a game changer in my classroom. Our entire school uses it!

Cons

I do not have any cons to report. This is a great free service!

Jesús from Pura Energia VE

Good study platform, excellent for use in school work and others

Pros

It has good forms of communication Teacher-Student, is a platform that allows flexibility, in addition to being very friendly. It is demanding because you have to be aware of what is done and when it is done, but it is very accessible. It also has a very good notification center, which allows you to not miss any evaluation or task

Cons

It was a very accessible and friendly platform, until they made an update where many buttons changed, that despite wanting to do it adapting new technologies and simplicity, it was a mistake that cost many users; Forcing the platform to return to its basic buttons with a totally innovative visual. The works that are uploaded and stored in the backpack is difficult to visualize them directly there, so you have to download them and you lose time. As for the forums, no mention or direct response can be made to another person, so, that person does not receive a notification that they are being appointed there, unless they are in that moment and see their name.

Luz from Universidad Central de Venezuela

Excellent tool to quickly create groups, assign tasks, schedule your shipment, manage progress and m

It's Free: In addition to offering all these advantages, Edmodo is a service that costs nothing. Compatibility: Today is compatible with the most popular operating systems (Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android), so you can check it from any computer, tablet or smartphone.

Pros

All in one platform, Edmodo has been designed to give you complete control over your virtual class. Edmodo is intimately integrated with Google Apps for Education and Microsoft One Note and Office. You can share assignments and due dates, announcements for the classroom, events, set reminders and much more. Provides Security: Cybersecurity is one of the best things about Edmodo, as it is a secure network for parents, students and teachers. And is that the data shown on the platform are confidential.

Cons

Sometimes some documents are not able to go up and even then it appears as if they were loaded correctly.

Sonia from Universidad Metropolitana (VE)

Basic for academic life, specially for eLearning

Pros

I've been using Edmodo as a student for almost 2 years already and it's the nicest platform for keeping up with my classes. It's intuitive to use, supports all type of documents, videos and presentations. The notification system is nice to the user. The program notifies you the day before your assignments are due. Very useful if you ever forget them. Also, the program lets you save the class group even after its over (only if the teacher doesn't erase it). I wish all my teachers would use Edmodo.

Cons

Sometimes the documents throw error when opening them in the web. That is something I've been experiencing throughout these years. In those cases I had to refresh the page several times or download them before opening them. Other than that, you can't reply an image post with another image. Plus, I didn't like the last update for the phone app, but I guess it's just a matter of use. When it comes to the visual part, those bright colors aren't nice.

Braian from Observatorio de Bioética y Derecho UNIMET

An excellent learning management tool

A great plataform to flipped classroom environment, to communicate with parents, and to do global collaboration projects.

Pros

This platform is useful for teachers and even students. You can create groups or communities through a code and then, if you are a teacher, you can manage all aspects related to your class or course, such as exams, documents, activities and chats. On the other hand, if you are a student, you can have a profile, such as a Facebook profile, and you can see the course or subject in which you are enrolled. You can upload a document related to activities or essays, you can also comment and participate in different chats. It´s easy of use and so practic.

Cons

If you do not have a good internet connection, you will not be able to do any activity. It is important to add the use tool offline.

Renee from States High School

Great classroom product

I am able to collaborate with my students and allow them to communicate in a way that appeals to their type of communication with message boards and social media. Very user friendly and easy to set up.

Pros

This program is very easy to use. There are so many resources available. The collaboration with teachers and ability to network with students reaches kids are on their level

Cons

I have been very pleased with this software. There is nothing that I have noticed that doesn’t help me.

Elsa from Perkumpulan Samsara

Industry: Philanthropy

A Comfort Space to Learn and Discuss

Pros

What I like most from Edmodo is the display and the content which easy to operate like other social media. So, whenever I come to Edmodo for my study, it feels like I learn and discuss something in a very cool space. Edmodo also understandable and efficient.

Cons

Sometimes it takes a long time to operate Edmodo and when I finished something in one page and want to go back to previous page, it turned to no connection.

Edmodo is the educational network of a new level

Pros

Edmodo has a very easy, second nature feel to it. Edmodo feels a lot like facebook, but has good filters so that teachers have control over the classroom. We've used it in professional development settings with teacher groups too!

Cons

I would like to expand the platform more, since there is no private chat where students can communicate, in that part it is very limited. I would also like you to show the online users

Edmodo a practical platform for teachers

The experience I have had with Edmodo is very pleasant, since I have been able to create a learning space quickly, with varied content and in addition to organizing different courses at the same time, also being able to add by mail to all the students or by the course code. I really recommend it.

Pros

Edmodo is a web platform very easy to use, with the features of a blog, but with modules with features of an LMS, such as taking students' notes, making tests or exams, allows you to maintain a communication between students in an asicronic way and also to place or link any type of teaching material from pdf to videos from youtube

Cons

The only thing that Edmodo for being a web platform, is that it can not have some facilities to add certain modules with functionalities, which allow it to be coupled with other software. neither does it have a chat or way of communicating with students among themselves, in a synchronized way or by private message.

Manal from University of Peradeniya

The ideal virtual classroom tool

Edmodo was an option we moved after trying one another LMS at my workplace. And we have been using Edmodo for like 2+ years now. Students find Edmodo very easy to use, as it is more like a social media. Would definitely keep using it.

Pros

The reason why I love Edmodo is because it includes many useful features of virtual learning system all in one application and it is absolutely free. The students can perform multiple activities / assignments, they can keep a track of their grades, student-tutor communication is very easier on Edmodo, and the even more loving reason is students can re-watch the past classes too and a forum for all students to interact.

Cons

I am not able to see who are the students who are online. This would be an added advantage.

Adrianna from Owl You Need Is Tutoring

Edmonds is a fantastic tool for the teacher who wants to communicate with parents quickly and easily

Pros

It's very similar to a Facebook layout, thus very familiar for many to use right off the bat. Notifications appear on the app or you can get a text notice when something has been posted.

Cons

You have to set up a new class each year and parents have to re-join the new group with a code. Some parents don't like having to signup for the service, even if it's free for them.

Lequetta from Cleveland Central Middle

Edmodo is Awesome

Pros

User friendly for students and teachers Allow parents to be involve in their child/children classrooms Extra enrichment from other subject area Networking among other teachers and administrators Immediate feedback from teacher to students

Cons

The only con that I have is that I am not able to delete the messages in the inbox.

Maxwell from Quinnipiac University

Connecting the classroom, improving education

Has revolutionized the classroom and boosted learning as well as students' productivity in many regards

Pros

Excellent way to ensure homework is being done correctly and effectively. Makes life easier for both the educator and the student. Eliminates excess paper usage too

Cons

Can appear overly basic, and certain functionalities desired may not be available

I use all the time in my psychology class at the university.

We have been able to receive distance education.

Pros

It is to easy use all the time for to communicate with my teacher and my classmates, It works like a social network.

Cons

Everyone can see the information I post and I do not like that, If I no longer belong to that group of classes, I would like the information to be reserved, but in general its to cool.

Elvira from Unibank LLC

Great resource for Teachers, Students and Parents

Pros

I think the best feature of Edmodo is it's social aspect.Besides education students learn collaboration and patience with couching of teachers. Students, teachers and parents can create accounts for free. Other benefits of Edmodo are countless. With rich features and unlimited storage of Edmodo teachers can schedule quizzes, quickly create groups, manage progress, assign homework and more.Parents also are involved in learning with Edmodo and it makes Edmodo unique.

Cons

Overall I am satisfied with Edmodo except mobile version. It needs some improvements.The mobile version is not working properly as much as the website version

Zachary from Unified Technology Systems

Edmodo

Pros

Makes it easy to communicate with parents and students about deadlines, class notes, and other important memos

Cons

There are a few features that I wish Edmodo included, such as a behavior management element (think class Dojo) and a checklist feature that I could pin for students to have a quick reference of the week's due dates.