What are Edmodo users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Edmodo software through verified user reviews

• icon"This software is very simple to use and have a very customizable user interface. There is also decent customer service where the staff are very friendly."
  • icon"This is a free software that can be used for small institutions that do not have the money to invest in educational software."
  • icon"Edmodo is FREE, which makes creating a course that allows collaboration of students and instructors economical. Recently, Edmodo has added features to allow video upload, quizzes, and document upload."
  • icon"There is no way to have a private conversation with the teacher and there is no viewing of users online."
  • icon"I think the software should send an email when we deliver a task at the platform, in case a technical problem happen we have how to prove that we really sent the task."
  • icon"I understand that they are a necessary evil, but it is still annoying. The mobile version seems clunky."

Browse all Edmodo Reviews

• Have you used Edmodo and would like to share your experience with others?

Simon

Company size: 51 - 200 employees

Easy to use software!

Alejandro

Very useful even for non 100% educational institutions

We are not an educational institution like a School, College or University, but we at the hospital we offer Continuing Medical Education and Educational Training to the nurse staff and Doctors. Thats how we applied for this amazing platform without being an educational institution per-sé. It has worked for us very nice, until now, it has been well accepted among the users.

Pros

The user interface is very friendly (because its based in the UI of Facebook), so people get used to it very easily. I also like all the features that this platform offers.

Cons

Its a little bit tricky to use at the beginning even for the administrator if you don't have to much knowledge about it.

Reasons for choosing Edmodo

Google asked us to be 100% an educational institution, which we aren't, so we looked for other options, and the other best option was Edmodo. They asked us a lot of things to, but they were very receptive about what we do, and how we do it, and they accepted us that way.

Madi

Great range of features, high usability

I love that Edmodo does pretty much everything that Google Classroom can do, but is linked to Microsoft instead. It has a huge range of features, is fun for kids to use, helps me organize all my online resources, manage my students' work, and provides a multitude of external resources to help me find topical lessons.

Pros

My favorite feature is by far the Discover section. A huge range of resources are grouped by subject, and within the subject, it tags each video or resource for elementary, middle, or high school. Teachers can rate as helpful, which cuts my time searching for resources in half. I love that I can browse leisurely, or quickly search and evaluate a resource if I need something last minute to fill some time.

Cons

While I love the fact that they just added a new daily agenda feature, it is a little too bulky for my liking. It's great that a teacher can add documents and links and whatnot, but I would prefer a slimmer, daily schedule just so students can see the general timeframe of our day. I can create that, but it's honestly easier to just make a post with that information than to spend the time filling in the agenda feature.

Reasons for switching to Edmodo

School primarily uses Microsoft instead of Google.

Leeann

May 2022

Edmodo is a great free tool for teachers

Generally, Edmodo works well once you get accustomed to the features and how to use it optimally.

Pros

Edmodo is a really great way for teachers to connect with students and parents. I love how parents can connect with their child's account and therefore be part of the class and always know what is taking place. It is a great repository and I love how library feature.

Cons

I wish that you could change the order of your posts after posting since sometimes you post something but then realise you wanted something to appear before it. Also, embedding files doesn't always work great in terms of how it shows up on the feed.

Edmodo review

Actually, the classroom management features really great in here, but the real time notification a little bit bothering.

Pros

The LMS system really good. The classroom management really good.

Cons

The real time notification need to be developed more so it doesn't need to refresh anymore.

Nick

Good LMS to Help Manage the Classroom

Overall, this is a good product for basic LMS needs, and worked for me in the beginning. After playing with a number of LMS apps and continuing to revamp my needs and redesign what online learning should look like, other LMS might just offer more in flexibility/features.

Pros

As is the case with most LMS apps out there, Edmodo does a nice job shifting from paper-digital, and giving students and teachers a platform to help manage and stay organized in the digital space. The fact that you can do a lot with the free platform is a big plus and educators Everything updates in real time, and is simple enough to put together your digital needs in one space.

Cons

To me, unlike some other LMS apps out there, Edmodo is limited. It doesn't have the modern or sleek look and design as others. It also doesn't have as interactive capability to embed a number of other apps/tools that teachers use daily into it. This is a must have when it comes to the digital classroom space. The more we can limit sending links and have one program integrate everything else into it, the better classroom management will be. I would also like to see some integrated features like virtual chats/video conferencing, and more enhanced lesson design features.

Manav

April 2022

Great software for E-Learning

Pros

Easy to use for both teachers as well as students. Teachers can easily share assignments, timetables and other content with students quickly and easily. Also, students can easily view the shared documents by the teachers.

Cons

As this software provides several features it becomes a bit complex in starting to understand the software.

Lisa

A great tool for distance learning and elearning

It is very easy for teachers to share content, lessons, assignments, etc. with students and there are lots of great features for teachers to easily see and track student progress.

Pros

I am the director of educational technology at a school that recently moved to distance learning. This has been a great tool for allowing our teachers to deliver quality content over the web. There is a huge resource library with lots of great content for teachers to choose.

Cons

Right now it is free for teachers because of the COVID-19 crisis. I am unsure if we will have the budget to pay for it if it is not free next year.

Reasons for choosing Edmodo

it was free because of the COVID-19 crisis and many teachers were interested.

CD

Love it!

I used this software when tutoring my students in multiple subjects. It helped me collaborate with other tutors and tailor lessons to each student.

Pros

This is an online learning platform that allows teachers, students, and parents to collaborate and create custom made lessons for students. It's like combining Dojo, Moodle, and BARBRI all in one.

Cons

It may take a little practice to get the hang of the software. It has a few moving parts because the software has so much to use!

Reasons for choosing Edmodo

Edmodo could be used for all grades. Moodle seemed to work better for older students.

May 2022

Edmodo Regular Usage Review

My overall experience was satisfactory.

Pros

This software does what it is supposed to do, but it is very annoying and hard to use in what it is supposed to do.

Cons

The UI of this software is not the most likable thing in the world.

Ajay

June 2022

Edmodo Review

Pros

Edmodo is quite convenient for teachers to share coursework and to administer tests.

Cons

Navigating the platform is not as easy as it could be and so it takes some time to get used to it.

Harry

A 100% SOFTWARE FOR EDUCATION

Great,

Pros

It's how teachers/students can coexisting similiar as a stay in a classroom only in a app in your phone. Also, the tools for made homeworks and options feel like a really backpack school. It's phenomenal.

Cons

Alarms and notifications are annoying. It's a big problem because it warns you until after the day.

Mighan

June 2022

Really good and practical software

This is a great software. Very easy to use!

Pros

This is a really great software! It is very practical and has good features and even an app!

Cons

I wish the app could integrate better with more Google apps.

Alison

A "natural flow" LMS for students. Great for posting from homework to tests to parent communication.

Edmodo completely changes the flow of the classroom from when I was a student. Before you lecture as students take notes, then hand out homework. There may be notes home for parents that you then have to keep track of. NO MORE! The LMS allows to you upload all of the notes ahead of time, keeping students engaged, paying attention and participating. The homework can be uploaded, reducing the environmental impact of education in our one-to-one iPad environment, reducing the "I lost my homework/ You lost my homework" issues (the internet could eat it, but haven't had that yet!), test functions reduce the amount of paper tests to complete. Finally, parent communication can largely occur through the application as well. It creates a "one-stop-shop" environment for the classroom and streamlines the classroom process for easy teaching, and easy learning.

Pros

I like the user-friendly interface of Edmodo. It seems similar to some social media platforms, making it easy for students to interact in a familiar way. There are good controls, such as restriction of student access, and read-only abilities. It is a great way for teachers to share work, notes, homework, etc with their classes, and interact with their students. Tests can also be handled through this platform. Students can also edit their work on the platform and receive feedback. Parent communication can also be handled through the application, which keeps them in the loop and helps students communicate at home with their parents regarding their work. Badges are a great motivator, especially in the gamified classroom. Students can also use the planner feature to keep track of and prioritize their work. It is also a way that teachers can interact with each other. Finally, the integration with other software, like Google, is pretty well handled.

Cons

The features of Edmodo can be a bit limited compared to some other LMSs, but it is also what makes it a simple enough tool to be easy to learn. The grading is simplistic and makes it harder to use in upper-level education. There has also been some interruption from ads, that while always school appropriate, are not always age appropriate, so it has created some questions in the classroom. I have had some problems with notifications, which support suggests is working as designed, but I would like to receive a bit more notification other than direct student messages. Parents would also like to have communications with them and their student come from one source for two-way communication, to one area, rather than what it is now, which is a bit wider spread across platforms. I have also had some issues with the display of my Chinese characters. Additionally, weighted grades, or varying the assignments by students would be helpful.

Juvy

Edmodo is a game changer software that delivers perfect learning set-up to all learners & educators

Over-all, this software has the reporting tools every teacher needs to give immediate feedback to each student. As a teacher, it is important that each learner knows the academic standing and through Edmodo, my students can easily interact and communicate with me. This software is a must for every learner and teacher.

Pros

This software perfectly fits to the fast-pacing learning environment I want to share with all my students. I used the software for quite sometime and it makes dynamic interactions to all my students of different levels of learning styles. I like the idea that I can provide all the learning materials that my students are needing wherever they are and at their own convenience. Edmodo is a software that all teachers must try to experience the benefits of teaching easily at the tap of the fingertip. As an educator, this software makes a big revolution on how the learning should look like. This software offers convenience, flexibility and accuracy. Over-all, the features that I like most about this software is that, I can access the performance of each student and I can give immediate assessment and feedback. One thing more, the reports that it can provide, gave me the opportunity to reflect and make adjustments to what that students should learn.

Cons

The features of the software are great. It is my best educational software so far and I can't identify what I don't like on this software.

Excellent! very friendly and dynamic academic platform!!

Pros

Edmodo is a very simple and easy-to-use software. It allows a dynamic interaction between the teacher and the students, as well as stimulates the participation of the classroom in group discussions on topic topics for the subject. Has everything that can be considered necessary to promote distance education aswell the e-learning, because it allows you to share all kinds of files either by uploading them to the cloud, sharing a link or writing on the wall. it also allows the teacher to attach all the files and documents necessary for the classes, in such a way that the students can access it at any time and in any place. Last but not least important, edmodo allows the teacher to perform exams virtually, both with time limits and without timing. I used it during the 4 years that I studied my university degree.

Cons

I think that edmodo needs an update to the design of the interface, because it looks a bit sober and outdated

Angie

Industry: Executive Office

Emodo, allows to maintain a communication between students and teachers

The experience I have had with edmodo has been quite good, it facilitates communication in a certain way, it is easy to make deliveries either of students in school, university, postgraduate, among others. I like it but I think that it should improve in some things

Pros

Edmodo is a very complete virtual platform, allows a communication between teachers and students to be established, in the case of teachers they can send activities to the students, in the same way they can set the delivery date, it is easy to have a clear visualization of the notes that each student takes. Students through emodo can visualize the classes if they are uploaded power point presentations or documents of interest, they can also solve when not having face-to-face classes and have virtual evaluations, their interface is easy to interest. I quite like that it is similar to a social network, you can place an avatar and even your related information It is a free tool so it is important to make the most of it, it is always in continuous improvement, which reflects how good it can be with the passage of time.

Cons

From my experience, I think it is usually a point against this platform does not have a chat window, that is, teachers and students can not communicate quickly between them, it is necessary to send a message, it is not possible to visualize among students who are online or not, something that does happen with other platforms similar to this, should be an improvement in the future

Mavares

Motivate, Study, Integrate and develop your potential

I manage knowledge quickly and fun

Pros

The communicative dynamic, generated in social networks, is almost equal to that which occurs in the day to day of any individual. One of the most important characteristics of this process is that while the individual is circumscribed to a specific environment, the networks connect it to almost everyone. Therefore, Edmodo educational network allows the global connection with people and organizations around the world, making available a large amount of resources for the development of its potential. The platform is presented in a very intuitive way, and nothing complicated, which facilitates the management of knowledge, quickly and friendly. Its unlimited storage capacity, allows the integration of many resources: create, assign, and schedule was never so simple. and on a single platform, which, being integrated with Google's tools for Education, like Microsoft's, guarantees the development of the potential of teaching, which can be reinforced by the whole family.

Cons

The contemporary platforms have expanded the concept and possibilities of the classrooms, with which, they must make of these, more than a physical space, a great tool that allows to develop the learning, at all levels. For that reason, the platforms should have the possibility of being modified easily, making them more striking, personalized and with more current designs. In the same order of ideas, it is expected that the versions of the smart devices are the most similar to those seen in the PC, in this case, we must improve their performance.

Leon

Helpful, easy and

Edmodo has proven to be useful, resourceful and even fun to use, with almost no downsides. I believe all instructors/teachers/professors/students should give it a try.

Pros

My answer is coming from a student's perspective, because I have not used Edmodo as a teacher or as an Educational Institution: Edmodo is one of those applications that you can hardly find anything negative, it just probably misses certain features that could enhance the user's experience. It has a simple and familiar dashboard that closely resembles Facebook and LinkedIn, The Backpack system is linked to Office 365, it lets you drop by documents as long as it is part of the Office suite, although it also accepts archives in PDF format. This is very helpful when it comes to deliver certain assignments. If you miss a class, the teacher is able to send a video of the lectures given that day. It easily allows you to stay in touch with your teachers/professors (As long as they use Edmodo regularly). Teachers/Professors are able to massively facilitate to all students handouts and articles of interests through Edmodo's Folders. There is no premium version, you get all the features for free.

Cons

It lacks a live chat group, or a private messaging feature which could be very useful. It has a lot of ads, although any Adblocker seems to get the job done. But I encourage people to leave the ads there, this will help Edmodo grow.

CARLOS

excellent, with edmodo my classes are more dynamic

dynamism, feedback, learning, continuous communication with my students, facilitates virtual distance education.

Pros

I am a university professor in the area of finance and management, I have about three years using edmodo as a virtual teaching platform and I found it extremely useful. With edmodo I can structure all the content of the subject, as well as schedule exams and other virtual assessments for my students in bolivia, chile and venezuela. students can access the platform at any time of the day and follow the schedule of distance classes Likewise Edmodo evaluation tools automatically correct the quizzes carried out by the students according to the answers that I program. This undoubtedly facilitates the correction process, by totaling the grades of my students. On the other hand Edmodo allows me to upload all kinds of files as well as link material of didactic interest for my virtual classes.

Cons

I am very satisfied and excited about Edmodo. I consider it an excellent educational platform. I use it daily with excellent results.

Malwina

Edmodo leads you transfer to paperless mode.

It is very simple to use, designed good, always working smoothly. And it has tons of awesome tools and different useful functions. Recommended.

Pros

Edmodo is perfect online platform for education. As a trainer I can say that you can't find something like that. Edmodo provides great tools for teachers and people who need one space for collaborate with his/her audience. You can add other viewers, for example if you are working with minors you can add their parents to group. Online grading feature is perfect. And of course it's working with Google Drive and that means it does not require any downloads. Joining to any group is so simple, you can add new member by using their email or they individually join by using group code.

Cons

Am usually working with web version of Edmodo, but sometimes I need to check my stuff quickly, I mean with mobile version. But I don't like it so much, It is not working well as web version. I think they have to do some improvements on this side too.

Francisco

Best document integration ever

We love to encourage the learning of new languages ​​and Edmodo has been a complementary tool for the teaching of them and we love it.

Pros

I really like the document integration, because it allows you to edit, take notes, correct the uploaded docx and keep track of that, plus the comments section is very nice, because once the task is loaded, the topic does not close completely loke on Blackboard. , and that makes following up really easy.

Cons

They say that Edmodo isn't for higher education, but I think the other platforms are missing something very important, that Edmodo has, and that is the ease of use.

Strong Product, Struggles to Differentiate

Pros

This is a great product that has a lot of helpful features. It is similar to facebook, so it is very easy for individuals (students and teachers) to pick up and quickly become adept with. Additionally, it is versatile enough to be used to challenge students and improve their work flow. I particularly like the ability to quickly get students the feedback they need to improve their own work habits.

Cons

It struggles to differentiate itself from other software. There are a lot of "parallel programs" out there that accomplish much of the same actions. Some of these are better integrated with other, common educational tools and do not require additional logins.

Reasons for switching to Edmodo

I have gone back and forth due to mandates from different principals or to be part of a cohesive team. If the majority of my partners are using this tool, I will adopt it as well.

Waleed

A neat social-network for Schools.

a good enough tool for teaachers to help students and keep things organized.

Pros

Very neat and clean compared to the mess of ads, useless posts that is in facebook etc Purely academic stuff to see here it is still free to use very clean way to connect teachers-students and even parents assignemts feature is perhaps the most useful everything is stored here in the . no body meisses nothing when class is managed using edmodo. free training is available for teachers one of the most amazing features is that you can connect it to office 365 and then create and share documents without requiring any further steps . and can also share documents directly from google drive to there (like air to air)

Cons

office 365 is only supported if u have school or work email. many many many features are lacking. it could be a lot better if these are added. something like, "explain-everything' should be integrated to make demostrations easy. native is and android apps are even more basic ,,,,,devoid of the most important features like assignements.

Ma Jovelyn

Edmodo for the win!

As a 21st century teacher, utilizing Edmodo in my classroom makes me look like a trendy teacher. Plus it offers trainings and special offers through personal email by directly messaging me on my email address. It surely a great learning partner for me and my students

Pros

Edmodo helps me connect to my students not only in the classroom but in the internet room as well. I have let my students be exposed to this kind of technological innovations so they can see that the internet is not only about social media but a platform of learning as well. In this platform, I upload more of my lectures so that they could easily add notes in their reviewers. I also share helpful links and assignments that make their papers easier to do. I also loved the messaging feature where they could directly message me and ask questions about the given topics. I have gained so much respect and cool points from my students whenever we use this app.

Cons

There is nothing not to love about this app. It is accessible and user-friendly both to teachers and the students as well. But of course, there is still room for improvements. Maybe it would be more convenient to use if we could add files directly to edmodo using other online storages

Edmodo