Configio

Configio Reviews

RATING:

• icon"We have had a wonderful experience. They don’t have all of the bells and whistles of some of the pricier platforms but they have all the essentials and fit our budget."
  • icon"The software has a lot offered, can be customized for your company, and it’s nice having everything in one system."
  • icon"Ease of use once the administrator becomes familiar with the system and the company provides top notch support. They are always happy to answer a question or assist in any way possible."
  • icon"It is hard to navigate, reports are not available to show everything needed or impossible to build without a Computer Engineering degree."

All Configio Reviews

Mary

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

December 2021

Started out great, but day-of service fell flat

Love this product - no other system gives you the flexibility and control

Pros

Super easy to use, tutorial videos are great. Live support is unmatched.

Cons

After one year of use, we have nothing we would change at this point

September 2016

'All-in-One' robust platform with responsive customer service

Configio has allowed our young organization to both streamline basic functions (such as email communications, event management, and webstore), as well as begin to grow into other functions and processes (such as learning management systems) within the same webspace. Customer service is very responsive and friendly, and development required for customized functions has been very detailed, straightforward, responsive to sprint changes, and delivered on time (if not sooner) than promised. I typically hesitate to give any company top ratings in all categories, but Configio is head of the class in every case.

Pros

- Responsive and Friendly Customer Service - Price - Obvious desire and strive at all levels of the company to know and meet the customer's needs - Customization ability to brand and structure your products and processes as you see fit - Regular updates with new features that incorporate customer feedback

Cons

- The learning curve for Configio is daunting at first, but you soon realize that each different piece functions similarly in process to the others. Most everything, once learned, can be applied to other features. After the initial training session and some time spent on your own, this 'con' is non-existent. - At times it's difficult to know where to look for certain options, but that's only because of how robust the system is; regardless, options are laid out as straightforward as possible, with minimal 'clicks' to get to what you need. Additionally, the knowledge base is extensive and customer service is always happy to direct you to what you need if/when you're unable to find what's needed in the help documentation.

Lots of features but customizing beyond that is difficult

We're using Configio as a portal to allow easy signup for classes and events at our company.

Pros

It allows us to a lot of valuable things with handling event details and customizing the user and admin experience, but integrating with our services has been a pain

Cons

If their out-of-the-box solution works for you, then you'll have a great time. But if you want them to add features or even if you want to use features (for example the Configio API) extensively that they apparently don't get much use from, then you'll have lots of trouble. It takes months to get any contracting work done from them, and they miss basic considerations that we were upfront about when we signed on with this product. Most of the UI customization is available just through hundreds of checkboxes - not an ideal interface.

Tina

Stellar Service, Above and Beyond Product Experience, Amazing Solutions, Great Price

When we decided to update and redo our website several months ago we had no idea what a mess it was going to become. We started with a well-branded website company and after investing more than a month of design/build time we realized that we had been misleading by the firm and that they could not provide the outcome, functionality, or support we required for our new site. We had to start completely over. We researched several companies out there and decided to choose Configio based largely on the fact that they had so many solutions all in one platform. They could do everything we needed and more! We were a little gun-shy considering our recent experience with the previous firm, so we asked a lot of questions and the service we received upfront before we ever became a customer was unmatched. Configio's team of professionals has been there with us every step of the way with a helping hand. I have never received such stellar service anywhere! When we call, we know all of the support techs by the first name and we NEVER have to wait to reach someone, which for us, time is very important. We are more than pleased with our experience with Configio and we tell everyone about them. Their product provides complete solutions for whatever you need in regards to performance, functionality, analytics, big data, user experience, and an all encompassed platform for everything we needed to run our business. We no longer have to use multiple platforms like we did in the past. Our CRM, Email, learning system, webinars, order and event tracking, website, it's all together! Thank You Configio!!! We love you.

Pros

Everything! The ability to have everything I need to run my business in one place. Order and Event tracking, big data, CRM, Email marketing, analytics, you name it.

Cons

It was a bit overwhelming when I first started learning it, but you soon realize that it is set up to be user-friendly and after a few days it all starts to make sense. I find my self-navigating so easily now and everything makes sense.

Rhonda

They had a great solution for our complex class registration needs

My organization, a large community hospital, had a need to provide online registration for all kinds of classes, seminars, screenings, and continuing education events. Some of these are ongoing, such as monthly childbirth classes. Others are one-day events, such as heart screenings. These events draw people of all ages, including a significant population of people who don't use email. Figuring out how to register the no-email population was the kicker for us. Not only did the Configio software make this possible, the extensive training the customer support staff provided gave me all the help I needed to set up a process that answered our every need. Every time I've reached out to customer support for questions, they have been extremely responsive. In the one instance where we had to request custom coding, Configio's developers provided just what we needed in a timely manner. The software's reporting features also have worked very well for us in providing class/event rosters with custom information that helps us manage our events very well. I gave it five stars in every category except Ease of Use. The only reason that has a four-star rating is because it has a lot of bells and whistles to learn. But its complexity is what makes it great, so I don't consider that to be a detriment. And, I do feel that my training was more than adequate to thoroughly cover the program. I recommend Configio without hesitation.

Pros

It has a way to manage every registration "curve" we've thrown at it.

Cons

This is not a "con," but be aware that it does take some time to learn the software, although with terrific training and support.

Peter

One Stop Software!

After an extensive 5 year search I was introduced to Configio. It's a one stop shop for companies that are looking to consolidate various business software programs into one robust system. One of the best aspects of Configio is their customer and technical support team! Unlike some software companies, Configio is always available and open to suggestions on how to make improvements. I couldn't recommend a better software program for your business!

Pros

One stop shop to address all my company's software needs.

Cons

I would like to see improvements to make the software more user friendly. The challenge of being able to tackle so many software components is a task within itself. However the design elements of creating product forms / lists / etc. have to be more straight forward so that a 5 year old could figure it out. My suggestions would be a step by step method on building products and addressing various features.

Tom

Excellent LMS software

Configio has been extraordinary in answering my questions and addressing all of my concerns with my non traditional, challenge oriented training website. If they didn't know the answer to a question, they would tell me and would get back with me. There have been several serious concerns that Teri has responded to that have convinced me without any doubt that I have made the right choice. She definitely has my respect and our business.

Pros

It does everything I want it to do. We sell online training for moving company employees and management through a monthly subscription.

Cons

It requires a learning the software which I have little time to do but then again, any software programs will require time.

Patrick

Very easy to use and Great customer service

You get to create a website for whatever you need and it is reliable and very nice. I love the customer service and they helped a lot.

Pros

I like how simple it is to use and that whenever I need a question the customer service is right there available.

Cons

It takes a while to customize whatever you need to do. There are a lot of options so it is a lot to process.

Mike

October 2015

Great product. All in one system. Easy to use right of the box.

We purchased the product to use for an extensive email campaign but we wanted a complete solution that included CRM. After comparing the options it became apparent that My Custom Event was the best fit for us, particularly when you factor in the system allows us to expand our options down the road with a shopping cart, product videos, etc. After our first email campaign we hit a snag and the the team at My Custom Event was there to walk us through the process and get us back on track. Their customer service from the initial demo to the help with the email campaign was top notch.

Industry: Research

Hard to learn, but worth it

Pros

- Able to reach numerous users that stray from what is normally recognized as our target market - Helpful customer service

Cons

- Not initially user friendly - No free trial

Peter

June 2015

MCE created a bespoke on line registration, e-commerce, CRM program for our sports company.

The team at MCE were selected to create an e commerce platform for Challenger Sports that would allow hundreds of thousands of customers each year to search, register and pay for one of our 5,000+ soccer coaching programs throughout North America. They also created an on line shop that acted both as a stand alone store and as an additional revenue source during the registration process. Following the successful launch of this application, MCE created a custom CRM program for Challenger which is now used to manage the sales and marketing process of over 100 employees in 12 offices. The transition from our previous program took several months to complete and as with any change we encountered challenges and issues that we did not anticipate. Each time MCE were quick to respond and frequently worked outside of traditional office hours to correct the problems. The event registration application has proved be extremely robust and we have had no bandwidth issues with hundreds of customers registering at the same time. MCE also provides a built in email marketing program which has not only proved to be extremely useful but has also saved money that was previously spent on stand alone email marketing fees. The MCE application has an initially intimidating learning curve due to the large number of controls and flexibility given to each user to customize the environment, variable data, images, videos, copy, transaction emails and financial set up of the events being run. However if my team of British Soccer coaches can master the process then I am confident others in business should have no problem!

Devon

Fantastic Service, Great Company

Configio provided me with a professional platform that is easy-to-use and allows me to run my business. I use the platform as a learning management system in which my customers can create account profiles, purchase products, and complete courses. There are multiple ways that I can communicate with my customers through Configio including email campaigns, social media posts, and certificate downloads. Configio stayed true to its name in that the platform has been configured to meet my company's and customer's specific needs. I highly recommend Configio as it is a wonderful value with truly helpful and personal customer service. I love interacting with the employees of Configio...they really care.

Pros

It is easy to use and fully adaptable to my needs. I love that I can see both the administrator and customer perspectives. The menus are intuitive and the training is extremely helpful.

Cons

I still have a lot to learn as my business grows and needs change, but I know that Configio customer service is only a call, email, or chat away.

Cecelia

Configio - Excellent Product - Outstanding Staff

The team at Configio has been an exceptional business partner! We needed to shift our manual registration procedure to an online tool that would simplify and streamline our entire registration process. We had many obstacles to overcome and customization that was required to meet our needs. Configio was able to do just that! Joe, our rep, always provides us with exemplary customer service! He is quick to respond and is creative in finding solutions.

Pros

Highly customizable.

Cons

Steep learning curve. Configio is a robust, in-depth registration management system so it takes time to learn, but it is worth the time invested.

sean

Configio Review

I find the cloning of items with variations still involves too much work in terms of having to set up all of the dates info for each session three times if you have three variations. Also, I find the newsletter creation to be to cumbersome and prone to formatting gaffes when inserting and copying info from prior newsletters.

Lisa

Configio: Our New Registration System

Last fall, our parent company notified our department we would be getting a great, new class registration system. We were so very pleased because the system we were currently using was old, slow, and did not allow for online registration. At first glance, we were impressed with this new system as it is well organized, visually appealing, and responds quickly. Over the past several months, we have input thousands of product events, set up many forms, attachments, and emails, and successfully received thousands of class registrations. Configio, with all that it offers, holds a significant learning curve, but with the help of many on the support team, we are up and running so to speak. Every day we learn something new and discover the may ways in which this new system can benefit us and our customers. We are most pleased with Configio!

Pros

Online registration capability.

Cons

We have so many event product variations so even simple changes can be tricky and tedious.

Rebecca

Great Hearts PM Experience

As being tasked by my organization to deploy and train all schools on their database; Initially it was a lot to understand how to work the system. However with the amazing customer service I am able to learn quickly and efficiently regarding questions I have. Configio does so much and I learn new things every time I call in.

Pros

Once trained, easy to understand the flow of how work gets done in the system.

Cons

The recurring set up is confusing and doesn't seem to offer every possible solution.

Alicia