• Pros

• "I use this app every day, for a lot of different stuff, and I love it it'e easy to use, and its well organized. "

• "Its super easy to use and every one in my class uses it"

• "Love it love it love it. It’s amazing and easy to use."

• Cons

• "I love Google Classroom. The only con = the scheduling option - it is not very user-friendly to set the time I want this to post. "

• "Grade book is a little weird. I still have not figured out how to properly use it. Other than that it is amazing "

• "I wish there was an easier way to embed videos with this software, but it is still very easy to use."

Browse Google Classroom Reviews

Paul from Orange County Public Schools

Easy Classroom Software

Teachers loved how easy it was to use, and how it links up. Parents also thought it was easier to use as well which is a plus.

Pros

Like all google products very intuitive and pretty easy to use. I have very few support issues with this software for fellow teachers. Teachers seemed to love using it and was easy to assign class work and Test. They loved how it links up with the rest of the google software and google drive. Big surprise there but worth mentioning.

Cons

Teachers never had any complaints with the software other than it didn’t link up with their grade book software like Canvas does but it just wasn’t setup for that. Not sure if it can be done.

Reasons for Choosing Google Classroom

because we already had google suite accounts for all the students and it just made sense.

Alicia from Unity

Diverse use for students

It has been a very positive experience despite the glitches. Every year, Google improves Google Classroom.

Pros

It is very effective in creating differentiated instructions for students. You can assign different students different activities, thereby providing for all levels of learners in a classroom.

Cons

There is not enough variety of images in the forum option. Sometimes there are glitches in the system and the notification does not always pop up when students complete assignments.

Reasons for Choosing Google Classroom

It has other options besides Classroom. Google Meet and Google Hangouts are also very useful.

Rahim from Photography

Google Classroom. Best school software!

I've used this software for long and it's very good. I've used it often in school. Very easy to use, and you just need a google account to log in. Awesome and I can really recommend it! 7/10

Pros

What I like most about Google Classroom is the easiness. It's a very good program for students. The teacher creates a ''classroom'' and shares it to all people in the class via Gmail. And then can the students do the work. The teacher can write instructions too. When it's done can the teacher automatically see the work. And it is harder to not be finished with the work, you can see when the work needs to finish. This software is awesome! I've used it a lot when I was a student. I really recommend this!

Cons

What I like less about Google Classroom is that it is crashing sometimes. When I was a student, sometimes I couldn't log in. It's the only thing that isn't so good. Otherwise, I love Google Classroom!

Mark A. from Saint Pius X Regional School

Google Classroom is still a classroom

Our overall experience with Google classroom is favorable. We have used it in conjunction with our 1:1 technology initiative with student issued Chromebooks. We have no plans to switch products at this time

Pros

-Ease in disseminating information and assigning work to students. -Accountability for each student as student work can be easily monitored. -seamless interface with google drive and G-suite -Ability to communicate with students. -Students communicate and collaborate with others

Cons

-Upgrades are not announced, so what you have done one day might be different the next in terms of using the classroom. I would just like to know when an upgrade is occurring or has occurred rather than being surprised and having to figure it out. -Settings are hard to switch. You have to go to settings and then to advanced settings. Still when you have changed your setting you aren't sure you have done it...there is no way to verify other then monitoring your classroom...or asking the students face to face in real life. -Settings changes are not global. So you have to go into every individual classroom to change settings. That can be quite tedious after a while.

CLARK from Granite School District

Google Classroom in the Real Classroom

I really enjoy using Google Classroom to get information out to my students quickly. It is my Homebase for all of my websites, information, assessments, files, you name it. My students know to go there for links to everything.

Pros

What is great about Google Classroom is that I can give my students an assignment on Google Classroom and they can access it immediately. I can also create a template for them that automatically creates a copy for the students and I get a copy of it too. I can see what they are doing in realtime. I can also make comments or corrections as they type. With Google Classroom, I can also give my students a quiz which I can set to autocorrect, even preset words or boundaries to look for. Creating and adding students to the Google Classroom is very easy. It is also nice to share websites, documents, files, videos or pictures easily with students.

Cons

I wish this program had more options for video and audio responses for the students. Also, the format that it creates a link to websites is not very good. I put my classroom website on there and the preview window says "Google Sign In." I wish it were a little more pleasing to the eye in that regard. Also, I wish I could add students to quizzes once they are published. I have new kids in my classes almost every day and it is frustrating to create a new quiz for the new kid.

Nick from Good Shepherd Catholic School

Needs A Couple Features, But an Excellent Value

Overall, Google classroom works nicely as a supplemental classroom tool for digital work. It gets the job done even if it lacks a few small features. I plan to continue using it whether those features are added or not due to the ease of setup and management for teachers and students.

Pros

Google Classroom is extremely easy to get up and running for users on our G Suite domain. Users simply sign in and are ready to create classes and start posting assignments for students. It helps us drive student engagement in classes that may only be offered one of two days a week.

Cons

There is no parent engagement. There is no way for parents to view student progress or track student learning aside from signing into their child's account. It would be amazing to allow parents guest access to view student assignments or ask questions to teachers through classroom via private messages or posts.

Reasons for Choosing Google Classroom

Canvas did not offer the ease of use for students that we need at our grade level and Google Classroom plugged right in with our G Suite domain.

Student Review

I've realized that this is a great way to group students and evaluate them.

Pros

Google Classroom allows me as a student to efficiently schedule my tasks and understand how to organize my work with the to-do feature.

Cons

As I help my teachers grade, I notice that the grading can be a bit slow. I would improve this about the site.

Reasons for Choosing Google Classroom

There are so many features that google classroom allows me to have as both a student and an assistant-teacher that classdojo simply doesn't allow.

Shanthi from Richmond Montessori School

Remote Learning Made Simple!

AMAZING. Very user friendly/ kid friendly. Very aesthetically pleasing and not overwhelming!

Pros

During this time when every single thing seems to be stressful, as a teacher and educator Google Classroom truly is a game changer. I was brand new to the software when COVID-19 was introduced and quickly (within a week) acclimated myself to the user friend Google Classroom. As a Montessori educator this tool allows us to upload material, assignments for turning in, important announcements and grading ALL IN ONE PLACE. Each subject has a topic area and things are very neat and organized making it very easy for students to navigate too. I teach grades 4-6 and Google Classroom has been an imperative part of remote learning at Richmond Montessori!

Cons

I would love if there was a way to ask questions on an active "document" of sorts for each grade level. We are currently using a Google Spreadsheet to answer questions!

Reasons for Choosing Google Classroom

Our school is a "Google" school and it seemed to fit right in with the children's and staffs knowledge of Google prior to using the classroom.

kiran from Texas A&M

Online Learning- Google Classroom

It's user friendly, FREE, and I had no problems with it whatsoever.

Pros

When I was in high school, I used google classroom every single day. First off, it's absolutely easy to use, the best part is there's an app you can download on your phone so you can get notifications of what your teacher post and stuff. They can customize due dates, add comments, send messages etc. Its literally a virtual classroom.

Cons

Theres really nothing else that google classroom needs to add.

Carlos from Kikos Kups

What an amazing app

Google Classroom was very useful to me as a college student that depends on out of class work and studying. So this app was overall amazing.

Pros

I liked the ease of the app and the overall idea behind the app.

Cons

My least favorite part about the app would be the privacy of the app and the lack of it.

Reasons for Choosing Google Classroom

This was easier to handle in which it was easier to communicate with my teacher and be more in tact with the classmates as well

Lucas from Public Schools of Calumet-Laurium-Keweenaw

Google Classroom for the Digital Educator

My overall experience has been very positive. It's made facilitating classes much easier, and has allowed students to do more work when it's the best timing for them. In our specialized school we deal with a lot of absenteeism, and Classroom helps to manage that issue much better than what I was using before.

Pros

I like that it is compatible with the Google Suite software. I can make an assignment for students on Classroom, then link any materials needed for the assignment that may be saved in my Drive or Docs. I can create digital assignments and assessments using Docs and Forms, and attach any materials or spreadsheets. It's easy to add links or videos to assignments as well. There are also many Add-Ons that compliment Classroom making it easier to facilitate. Students like that it is all digital and they can access everything they need from where ever they might be.

Cons

I don't like that grading doesn't carry over to the Classroom Grading area from assessments or assignments made using Google Forms if you attach anything to the assignment in addition to the Form.

Reasons for Choosing Google Classroom

Classroom is relatively simple and easy to use. The compatibility across the GSuite apps is unmatched in educational software.

Kearstyn from GGUSD

The Perfect Classroom Aide

Google Classroom is a wonderful way to distribute writing assignments to my whole class and comes complete with spell check to make the editing process all the easier for my learning writers. I express particular gratitude for the speech-to-text feature that I know I will be using for a long time to come.

Pros

One of the many reasons why I enjoy and regularly use Google Classroom is that I can assign tasks and prompts - whether it be a simple question for my students to respond to or an essay prompt - and have all my students be able to see such assignments and complete them. Everything is automatically saved so the occasional (and inevitable) “select all, delete all” disaster can easily be fixed, even if the student logs out and back in. The “Restore previous versions” feature has saved many an essay from being lost forever. My students can write, edit, and turn in completed work. I can also monitor their progress and leave notes of guidance. Students can also join more than one “class” which is exceptionally helpful as an RSP teacher. My students can see and complete written work from both their home-room and my resource class. One particular feature has truly saved several of my students who have difficulty writing, spelling, and typing and have thus turned in incomplete and lacking work in the past. But with the speech-to-text microphone feature, my students can verbally “write” their responses and not fixate on poor spelling or get frustrated about how slow they type. They can easily express their ideas in a hassle-free way.

Cons

The features I use and the mechanics that run them all work fine. My students and I don’t get too complex or try to push any limits so no real con has presented itself.

John from Ravenna Public Schools

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Google Classroom is a must for today's classroom

I have been using Google Classroom in my middle and high school classrooms since its early beta stage. I can tell you with 6 different preps in a school day, this is a great way to keep myself and my students organized and on task.

Pros

Google Classroom is a great platform to use for setting up your daily activities in the classroom. It is used to put out information to your students, allows for collaboration as students complete their assignments, and allows for easy assignment submission. Although not a full course management systems - it operates as and contains the major functions of one in an easy to use format. Works across all platforms, especially great with the Google environment for Chromebooks that seem to be the device of choice in many school districts.

Cons

Google is updating their software frequently - which is good, but sometimes the changes are not announced ahead of time or in a way that prepares you or the student in advance to the change.

Eric from Salem Keizer Public Schools

Google Classroom: Absolutely essential for teaching in the 21st Century.

Overall, I have found that this software has absolutely changed the way I teach. I am able with the click of a button to send my students assignments, video links, study guides, and other resources essential for their learning. It also makes it easier for parents to interact with their child's education and puts them in more of a position of power to help.

Pros

This software, after a small bit of initial setup, creates a seamless and simple way to manage a classroom. This includes dramatically saving me time when it comes to making assignments and grading. I am able to complete a task that normally would eat up 30 minutes in about 5 minutes. In addition to the time saving, I also find that this software makes it so my students have easier access to their own work, and are able to access it at any time, given they have a device to access it on. Gone are the days of missing homework and forgotten assignments. With everything now in Google Classroom, there is always a way to get access to the work. It has been revolutionary for me.

Cons

I find that it there are inconsistencies in how I am pushed to interface with this software, and it isn't very intuitive to discover how to adjust and change my experience. I find that the management method is not consistent even from one classroom to the other, and the way assignments are created and graded is not quite the same. This causes only a slight issue, but I wish it was more intuitive to navigate the customization controls for the classroom interface.

Anvita from Freelance

Google Classroom Streamlines Everything

My overall experience with Google Classroom has been extremely rewarding. I have saved so much time, paper, and energy which allows me to improve the quality of my assignments and teaching while I can interact with students in real time, monitor their work, and quickly see who has submitted work. I love that it is accessible on any device and it makes my job so much easier. I love that it has decreased paper wastage immensely and I would highly encourage teachers to utilize Google Classroom as it is certainly a game changer.

Pros

I love Google Classroom. I have been using it as a new teacher and find that it is amazing to streamline work from Google Drive, Slides, Docs, GMAIL, etc. and unifies everything on one platform. I absolutely love how quick and easy it makes it for me to see who has turned in their work within a few glances, rather than sifting through each paper and making hand written notes and lists on who has and has not submitted work. I also absolutely love that students can interact with each other, making group work much more efficient and convenient, and that I can make comments in realtime. This saves so much time. I like that I can monitor their progress and be there in real time to oversee everything even if we are not together in person. Lastly, I love that I can not only organize but also create new assignments on this platform. Amazing!

Cons

While I love the ease, convenience, and streamlining functions, it is a personal preference of mine that at times I miss the touch and feel of traditional paper assignments. Not every assignment is compatible with online platforms, especially in math, and that is less of a complaint directly about Google Classroom and more of my personal preferences and reality of paper and pencil needing to be supplemented with technology. Of course there is always the legitimate concern of student's access to this technology outside of the classroom as well and educators and people using this should be mindful of that before planning everything through Google Classroom. Aside from these few points, it is an amazingly convenient tool for teachers to have everything organized in one place.

Daniel from AACPS

A Teacher's Best Friend

Google Classroom is a must for any classroom with the technology to support it. Its easy implementation and connection to so many other tools, this will be a hub for your students and create an easy structure for your class - not to mention it is free AND a green solution!

Pros

Google Classroom is the hub for my classes since it easily allows me to connect my students to whatever resources or assignments I might need. Like all other Google Tools, it can connect and collaborate with other Google Tools, it can also connect to other sites. The ability for me to make a Google Form quiz assignment, attach an article from an information database, and implement all the grades afterward into a Classroom gradebook makes it so easy for students to work independently and from wherever they have internet access! Many articles even have a button to share directly with your Google Classroom making it even easier! One other great use for this tool is that if I'm ever sick and not at school, I can add an assignment from my computer, helping substitutes immensely.

Cons

Google Classroom allows for a lot of customization for classes, but I wish it has a little more "behind-the-scenes" tools. For example, other Google tools like Docs allow you to see version history, which could be very helpful in a Classroom setting if you needed to undo a mistake or wanted to see students' interactions with the page.

Brittany from Passaic Public Schools

Google Classroom for distance learning win!

Overall, I find Google classroom extremely user-friendly for all ages and levels of experience. It is very easy to upload assignments and documents. The fact that it is compatible with so many other websites makes it a huge plus in my book. If it would just add a few more customization tools, it would be the perfect platform to utilize within the classroom or through distance learning.

Pros

I absolutely love how compatible Google Classroom is with other websites and programs. While I have used this program for quite some time, my students have not (lack of technology within the school unfortunately). It is super user friendly overall for all ages and experience. It is aesthetically pleasing to the eye. One major bonus point for me is that there is an application for your phone as well and it sends me notifications when students submit work, write a comment.

Cons

While there are a lot of websites and programs compatible with Google Classroom, I don't feel like there is a ton of customization within GC itself. I would ideally like to create folders right there within the page and cannot do so. I do wish there was the ability to use different fonts, sizes, etc. Versus using another program to continuously copy and paste back on to Google Classroom. Another slight issue I do find time consuming is that there aren't any notifications like on the phone app, that tells you when a student submits work, private messages, etc.

Imadur Rozan from ITI

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Ok Google.. Show me the best studying app!

As a student, it's really hard to create better self management when it comes to managing the whole bunch of stuff especially with so many academic lessons and task you have (depends on where you live in as different country has different education policy and curriculum) and this app will take care the mess so you can check what are the things must be done and get reminded of the upcoming task. In my country where i live in, sometimes most teacher skip the class which mean teaching learning process will be postpone, but this app will let you learn wherever you are using online teaching feature, no excuse for not studying!

Pros

As a student either you are still in high school or college, this is finally what most student always wanted : an app that let you sync with everything related to your lesson or school stuff so you'll be much more aware of any upcoming task or homework and deadline. the app integration and sharing ability is great, this app is integrated to some google apps like google docs and google drive so you can edit your document on the go and share it to your class group or classmate. It's true, most universities or even school have their own private web or server so their student can see every information related to their academic things online, but this app is much more handy that you can manage each different task or homework, not as a whole. From the teacher perspective, opening online learning or class is going to be much more easier for more effective communication between student and teacher. The plus point is, there is no need for paper!

Cons

As from my experience with the app so far, it doesn't integrated with many other 3rd party apps like google calendar or any calendar app which can be trouble some for managing the deadlines, it would be great if this app can be sync with many other useful apps on the store. and if you're unfamiliar with google apps or android ecosystem (let's say you're an iphone or macbook user who stick with apple ecosystem) the app design and interface will be unfamiliar because this app is a little bit googlish just like other google apps.

Aden from Freelancing

An awesome option for students!

Overall, I love the experience with Google Classroom. It enhances my ability to learn in and out of class ten-fold. If I were to ever become a teacher, I would definitely use Google Classroom as my way of communicating to my students.

Pros

As a student, I found this software incredibly east to use. I could easily go from classroom page to classroom page and click on each individual classroom and find a plethora of assignments or notes that the teacher would post for me. I love the fact that you can upload files and powerpoints, so you can easily open them up and look over them again if you feel the need to. I also love how easy it is to view already graded assignments, and I also love that you can comment on those graded assignments and converse with the teacher for more tips through these comments. Its incredibly phone-friendly as well, as I mainly use my phone for google classroom and I can easily get to it and navigate through it any time I want.

Cons

I wish there was a way you could notify yourself if something was due through google classroom, as in, the application would ping your phone reminding you to turn in something by a certain time so you would be reminded of it. Its very minor since I can set that reminder elsewhere, but it would be just that much more convenient if this was an available option

Rebecca from ISANA Academies

The BEST way to structure and manage a classroom or group of people.

Overall, my experience has been very positive. It allows me and my students to stay organized. It holds students accountable for knowing what is expected of them and following up if they are absent. It also helps me stay organized as a leader with other teachers. It keeps all of our resources/activities organized nicely and we can access it anywhere anytime.

Pros

I love love love Google Classroom! I have used this as a teacher with students, as a teacher with other teachers, and as an administrator with my teachers. As a teacher, I love using Google Classroom to organize our daily activities and resources. It allows me to link in projects, questions, assignments, etc in one place. I also love how interactive it is that students can post questions or I can ask a question and have students respond and also comment on each other's post. As a teacher with my coworkers, we have a Google Classroom where we keep all of our resources. We have it organized by each topic and then we all upload specific resources/activities that we use. It is an awesome way to keep all of our resources organized. Lastly, I use this as an administrator to also keep important materials for my teachers to have access to. I love how easily accessible it is and how it keeps everything organized.

Cons

I truly do not have any cons for Google Classroom. Anytime there are updates for this software, they are always meaningful and improve using the software.

Yousef from American School of Doha

Helped Manage My School Life

My overall experience with Google Classroom, I would say, has been more positive than negative. Although, the program does have some limitations, the positive aspects of this software outweigh their opposite counterparts. From its ease of use to its versatility, I would definitely rate this program as a beneficial one, that without a doubt has helped the organization of my academic career.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the various features that it offers to a regular class setting. From its ease of use to its versatility, this software program has helped me be reminded and aware of all of my upcoming projects and it also helped easy access Slides that were discussed in class, as the teacher could easily upload them, for us to review from. This software also allowed the teacher to post notices on to the classroom, where students such as myself could respond, for further clarification, for example.

Cons

What I like the least about this software is the communication between the two sides of the program. For example, when the teacher uploads something on classroom, and let us just say I wanted to ask a question, when I posted a comment, that comment could be viewed by everyone in the class, which is probably what I liked the least about this software. If this software was a bit more discrete in this process, I believe it would be a better software program as a whole.

Brittani from JET Volleyball

Google Classroom - COVID-19

Since having to do all classes online due to the COVID-19 Pandemic I can honestly say that google classroom has saved the day! This has made life so much easier and it is an amazingly wonderful tool for educators and students alike!

Pros

There are so many pros to google classroom. 1. reaching all students in each class, and only having to type out a lesson or reminder one time - and I am able to then share it with every class. 2. Students are able to send a private message, comment or question as well as having and open discussion for all to see. 3. I am able to upload or create an assignment ahead of time and set a time/date for the assignment to be released to the classes. 4. There are options for the software to grade the work for you. 5. If a due date is set it will let me know that work was submitted late.

Cons

I have only had one issue using google classroom, and that was on a survey that I posted for each class to fill out.... I was notified that they completed the assignment or turned it in, but I was never able to see their responses. This definitely could have been user error, but I would have liked to see their work.

James from Cannons Creek Independent School

Google Classroom for Education

I love this cloud-based paperless option for daily student work. Easy to share, collaborate and manage.

Pros

Google Classroom is by far the best cloud-based delivery system I have ever used. Classroom makes assigning notes, work and quizzes very easy. I particularly enjoy the fact that you can create a Google Form Quiz directly from the Classroom assignment button. Especially impressive is how the self marking features in Google Forms can be directly imported into Google Classroom. All marks are then compiled in a Grade book that can put any markbook to shame. Another feature I like in Classroom is that once you assign work in Classroom it is available immediately in your Classroom folder in your Drive. This means you can see student assignment progress immediately and provide feedback before they turn it in.

Cons

Sometimes I use Classroom on an iPad and the integration on this device doesn't always work smoothly. For example, opening a doc in Classroom will sometimes open in Safari which often won't work as it blocks cookies. It then has to be reopened in Chrome.

Great for Professionals and Their Students!

My overall experience with Google Classroom has been great and compared to many of the other platforms that I have used in the past, I think this one is absolutely amazing. In terms of a clean interface with simplicity in being able to use, nothing beats Google Classroom! Therefore, I would highly reccomend for anyone looking to use this actually give it a try because it can be really convenient and make things easier!

Pros

I think Google Classroom is a great platform and would prefer it to even many of the other paid services that schools often pay for, such as Schoology. What I really like about Google Classroom is the clean interface that makes everything so simple. It's very easy to navigate around the platform and easy to create assignments and see submissions. In addition, I really like the feature of being able to schedule posts, such as announcements and assignments, as this allows for me to get my work done quickly without having to worry about forgetting later.

Cons

What I like the least about Google Classroom is that I have had instances where students submit assignments a little before the deadline but the assignments will still be labeled as late submission, even though that's not the case. This sometimes requires me to look at the date and timestamp myself to have to figure out if the assignment was indeed late or not. Although this does not happen too frequently, I just find it inconvenient when it does happen.

Google Classroom Review from Tutor

Overall I really like this program and would recommend it to teachers and tutors. It really makes our jobs easier. Not to mention since everything can be made and submitted online it is a lot better from the environment and cuts down way fewer trees. I got introduced to this software in High School and decided to use it for my part-time tutoring business ever since. Google Classroom is far superior to the other programs I have come across such as Moodle. I would say I give this program an 8/10.

Pros

I really like this software because it is very simple and straight forward to use. As a tutor, it is very easy for me to post homework and study notes for my students. The software is easy for my students and for their parents to follow. The calendar aspect of the program I find very useful that way I know my students won't ever have an excuse to forget to do their homework and it is easy for the parents to follow up. I also like that the students can communicate with each other on this platform and help each other out.

Cons

On serval occasion I had issues posting special quizzes on Google classroom. On occasion some of my students couldn't access what I posted for them or submitted their homework. On a few other occasions I had issues with some students wanted to write a comment asking for help and I didn't receive a notification till the next day. I would also like the software to be a little more organized. I think it would help if the program if it had a function for the parents to track the student's account this would help the parents have a better understanding of where their child is in their studies. A pajorising function would greatly benefit as well.

Lisa from Gaston Day School

Google Classroom is amazing!

It's been extremely positive. Teachers can upload a single document from google drive and decide whether they want students to each receive their own editable copy, how they want it turned in and how/if students can collaborate with each other. It's very easy to use.

Pros

Google Classroom is a seamless and intuitive way to run your classroom. I had always used it as a play to store all resources for my class - links, documents, videos, downloads, etc. but it has become even more vital as my school switches to a virtual environment. It's very easy for teachers to interact with students and give them feedback on work. It's also easy for students to collaborate with each other.

Cons

It's really hard for me to think of ways they could improve. Sure, they could offer more assessment features that help ensure test validity but they are a free service!

Reasons for Choosing Google Classroom

We had a learning management system, oncampus, that we were not taking advantage of all of their features. Google classroom was the first online classroom we utilized.

Kinza from American Eagle

Review for Google Classroom

Google Classroom is a great way for educators to assign work for students and share extra tools which would be helpful for students themselves. It reminds students when assignments are due and they can actively participate in discussions within the software itself.

Pros

Google Classroom is an easy to use software that is perfect for use in the education system. It is made easy for students to view assignments posted by their teacher/professor as well additional tools to be used for their assignments. Several educators also post lecture slides so students can go back and review any information they did not quite understand during class. Educators can post question tasks in which students can actively engage with one another or personally with the teacher. Students can very easily respond to prompts with notifications.

Cons

There is no con with Google Classroom as it is an effective software used upon several educators within their classrooms to engage with their students not only in a classroom setting, but also from home.

Site from Catholic University Institute of Buea

Google classroom is a great learning management software

- Google Classroom is great at what it does - connect learners with teachers. Been a part-time freelance Developer, I personally use Google Classroom to teach some learners who are interested in Web Development and this software really helps me well to connect with them, wherever I am.

Pros

- Google classroom is a major helping software for distant education, especially in zones where physical classes are hardly accessible due to socio-political crisis, poor economic development, etc, - I love Google Classroom for it's free and open-source, so easy to set up a class and enroll students, either via email or class code and anyone can set up a private class and teach whatever topic he/she has knowledge in. - This software is literally a classroom since you can create assignments with submission deadlines, add topics, add quizzes, accept students' feedback, post materials, grade students' performances and even more. - Google classroom is very efficient as it reduces paperwork through technology, promotes and encourages digitalization (e-learning) of schools all around the world.

Cons

- Data privacy and confidentiality is not guaranteed as everything (text, images, graphics, videos, documents) is stored on Google's servers and not a company's. - Features such as live classrooms are only available on YouTube rather than being available directly in the Google Classroom. - Students/Learners in some areas with no network and internet cannot study through Google Classroom as it requires a good internet connection.

Mohammad Sakhaoat from Dhaka International University

My Thought on Google Classroom

In my overall experience, Google Classroom is by a wide margin the best cloud-based conveyance framework I have ever utilized. Homeroom makes allotting notes, work and tests extremely simple. I especially appreciate the way that you can make a Google Form Quiz legitimately from the Classroom task button. Particularly noteworthy is the manner by which oneself stamping highlights in Google Forms can be straightforwardly brought into Google Classroom. Definitely I suggest all the educator to use it and implement the knowledge of technology for betterment of students. Google Classroom is one of the best ways for classroom management. Students also love to study and get feedback through Google Classroom.

Pros

*I love it in all the ways as I can interact with my students from remote or home or even during the class. *Makes me simple to share materials and declarations. *Improves the assortment and assessment of understudy work. *Coordinates a portion of Google's most well known efficiency devices. *Completely responsive structure. *Allowed to utilize the materials, questionnaires, and assignments and feedback to the students. * Easy to use without having expertise knowledge on technology. *Quick to respond. *Students are much more engaged than analogue class system. *Makes the mobile phone learning tool.

Cons

*Lack of communication like chat option *No option to set time for post but I love it.

Ganjar from Rumah BaCa

All that your classroom need!

I use Google Classroom every day to engage with the students in my classes. I put all information, handouts, and reading source on the platform, making it easy for the students to get them. I also use Google Classroom to set up assignment, making it easy for the students to upload their papers and easy for me to mark their works.

Pros

Google Classroom provides users with a virtual classroom. It allows users, usually teachers or lecturers, to create classrooms, upload notes and information there, and even to create assignments for the students. Google Classroom also allows interactions between the students through comments. Thus, it is possible for teachers or lecturers to conduct an online discussion and encourage all participants to engage with the activity.

Cons

Google Classroom can use up your free storage fast, especially if the students uploaded their papers with heavy images or large size. The way out of this issue is by getting a larger storage scheme through subscription.

Jayla from Jayla Austin Graphic Design

App Is Amazing for Schooling!

No problems with it at all! Works very well for schools! If the App ads more features that would be cool, but its great just the way it is! Very easy to use!

Pros

This soft ware is awesome for doing school work at home and very easy to look at anytime. Weather if your home schooled or not every school sound use this app. Its easy and quick for passing things in and the teacher or staff can just grade them right away! I love how you can comment on the assignment in case your having trouble with that specific assignment instead of emailing the teacher and having to explaining everything. It emails you when the assignment is due, its a true life saver!

Cons

Nothing is wrong with the app at all! But I do wish it was more colorful with backgrounds and maybe an update on the over all looks but nothing wrong with the program its self. I just wish there was video chat on there so we can face time teachers if we are having trouble on our work.

Suzanne from Julius West Middle School

Google Classroom Effective and User Friendly

I have had success using Google Classroom on a daily basis with my students both in school and during remote learning. Using Google Classroom has simplified sharing daily assignments with my students.

Pros

Google classroom is a one stop, useful, user friendly tool teachers can use in the classroom, for remote learning, and a place for teachres to collaborate. Google Classroom makes communicating with students simple, and students find it easy to use. Google classroom also allows for parents to view student progress, which is a necessary component in promoting a collaborative approach between school and home.

Cons

The only con is that I cannot automatically transport grades from Google Classroom into my school grading system. This is not a game-stopper as it is easy enough to get grades from google classroom and manually input them into the grading system.

Daniel from Hospital Ortopédico Infantil

Classes anytime and anywhere

It allowed me to continue my studies and graduate in the midst of a serious political crisis.

Pros

I used google classroom throughout my university career. Its versatile and functional platform made it possible to digitize many subjects that were traditionally taught face-to-face by a new dynamic and flexible virtual plane. During the periods of violent protest in my country, in which the city was completely immobilized, I could continue taking the exams as well as follow my subjects thanks to google classroom. It is very simple to use, it allows the teacher to schematize all the content in a dynamic and attractive way as well as acilitates the interaction of the student with the content and the immediate feedback between both. You can also access the educational content 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Cons

Google classroom was very useful for my university years. I do not have any complaints

Lukas from CrucialDesigns

The software that all schools should use!

I have realised that google classroom is a great software for both teachers and students because it makes their lives so much easier by making them be able to have a ''virtual classroom'' where they can keep track of all their assignments etc.

Pros

The things that I like with google classroom is that it's a software that makes it so much easier for teachers and students. It's good and easy for teachers because they can give the students assignments with just a click of a button and all of the students get notified that they have an assignment and they can turn it in through the app. It's also good and easy for students because it's easier for them to keep track of what assignments they have and it's very easy for them to turn in their assignments and they can even do it from home.

Cons

I think that this software is lacking some features. For example I would like there to be a feature where student's can do for example exams through the software. I also think that the software needs some small design tweaks and it should be easier for the students and teachers to organise their assignments etc.

An amazing LMS from Google

I had a really good time using Google Classroom as a teacher and I would love to switch to it when possible. Google has always been known for its great Cloud-based service and productivity suites and this software is no different. If you're looking for a good LMS, this is it.

Pros

The main reason why my company and I gave Google Classroom a try is because of its inter-connectivity with all of the other Google products. It interfaces extremely well with other Google products such as Gmail, Drive, Hangouts, Sites, Slides, Forms, Sheets, Docs, Vault, and Calendar, making the setup and management of your classes extremely easy. My company mainly uses Shoology, which also has great interfacing with Google products, but I mostly did stuff on the Google front, because it is easier and faster to use. If your company already use many of the Google products and need an learning management system, I would recommend Google Classroom hands down. Great UI, easy to use, and great support makes this product an A++ product.

Cons

I don't have anything I dislike about this software except one tiny thing that I'm sure a few other users could relate. The layout and design for the classroom page is really ugly as it is and doesn't offer a lot of customization. I would rather have a software that is uniform across all pages or a software that offers full customization so I can make it exactly how I want.

Eric from Crowley ISD

Great Software

The benefits of Google Classroom is that it allows me to setup different classes and keep them all in one place.

Pros

It allows me to put everyone in my class in one location. I am able to assign work and check it through Classroom from anywhere.

Cons

It is not good on mobile devices. On mobile devices it seems slower and can be a little more difficult to maneuver through it.

Powerful Educational Tool

Pros

Google Classroom strengthens the classroom environment by connecting the students and teachers onto a social media like platform where teachers can post homework and announcements. I like their user friendly interface and their notifications feature that reminds the students when assignments are due.

Cons

I’m not a big fan of the submission process for the assignments. It is very complicated for many students because of the many restrictions for files to upload. I don’t like that teachers cannot post quizzes onto the google classroom.

Natalie from Lycee Francais de San Francisco (LFSF)

Google Classroom easy to use

Overall, I am satisfied by product for basic courses, as a depository of curriculum, and a way for students to interact with each other and teacher.

Pros

GC is easy to use, and quick to implement. The best feature is that it is syncable with google suite.

Cons

Functionality can seem a little beginner at times. Great for schools, but if you want e-commerce courses, may not be the best way to go

Reasons for Choosing Google Classroom

Easy to use and implement

Karen from Crestview Middle School

So Convenient

I don't even remember what life was like before Google Classroom. I use this resource so often to help keep my students informed of what's happening in the classroom. This is one of the best tools to utilize to help students who are absent not fall behind when they miss school. It's a fabulous resource that provides a wide range of uses for any classroom.

Pros

Utilizing Google Classroom has been a time saver and one of the greatest tools to help keep parents and students connected with classroom learning. I love using this resource to disseminate information to my students quickly and efficiently. I also love to save paper and this solves many problems.

Cons

I wish that I could post questions and resources on the stream and still make them accessible for my students to edit. Instead of posting on the stream, I end up creating an assignment so that GC can make a copy of the Google Doc for each of my students.

Lacey from Clark County Board of Education

A++ for Google Classroom

I have been using Google Classroom more than some of my colleagues. And, during this unprecedented time of COVID-19 quarantine and distance learning, Google Classroom has been the saving grace of our school. All teachers in our building easily learned how to create classes and use it within less than 24 hours. Parents are loving having access to lessons online through Google Classroom.

Pros

This software allows teachers to collaborate, differentiate, organize topics and classwork for student and parent-friendly access, reduces the amount of paper your business or school will use, and allows you to easily and effectively implement the use of technology with your students.

Cons

I really LOVE Google Classroom. The only thing I would amend is the ability to schedule assignments for more than just one class at a time. You are able to assign lessons to multiple classes, but you cannot schedule them at once.

Google Classroom - great for content management, but lacks analytics

Google Classroom has been a very simple to use and low-cost (free!) solution for delivering my course content. It is easy to get students started and many of them are already familiar with the G Suite productivity tools so the barrier to interaction is quite low.

Pros

Google Classroom is extremely simple to use. You can invite your students by sharing your classroom code or using an email invitation. You can use all of the Google productivity tools with it (e.g., slides, docs, forms). The class newsfeed presents your announcements and any threaded conversations that you post, as well as upcoming assignments. Documents for your class are saved to your Classroom folder in Google Drive, which means you can access it on your phone or on basically any device. Managing your students' assignments is a breeze. You can mark up their shared documents and return them with comments. You can also turn on a number of apps and include them as assignments (e.g., Desmos for math).

Cons

The main drawback of Classroom as an LMS is that it basically has no analytics; I also use Moodle with students and I find it much easier to check on their activity. This can really help with targeted interventions. You can, of course, post small low-stakes assignments on Classroom to check in with students but it's hard to see how they're spending their time in the content.

Kiff from Education

Google Classroom is AWESOME!

Google classroom is a great digital resource when it comes to pushing out assignments to your students. It is easy to use for a teacher and the students as well.

Pros

I am a 5th grade teacher, Google Classroom is used on a daily basis. It is extremely easy to add students to your classroom, add co-teachers, and invite parents to your classroom. It is also easy to assign assignments to your students, it only takes a few minutes. It is great that your google classroom is also linked to your google drive. Everything in your drive is accessible when assigning something to your students.

Cons

One thing I do wish was available on Google Classroom was the ability to schedule an assignment to multiple classrooms at a time. I have to create an assignment three different times and schedule it to each class for a later date.

Chirajyoti from Ribang IT

Google Classroom has solved my distance learning problem

I can say Google Classroom is positive considering the overall benefits. Although the academic environment is not here, the technical advantages have inspired me and accelerated my work. Now is the age of technology. So distance learning activities directly through the Google Classroom is one of Google's best innovations. And the main advantage of this is that I can use it for free.

Pros

I’m a digital marketing professional. I also provide online courses to some of my students. I teach them through Google Classroom. Surely Google Classroom has made my job easier. There is no need to organize anything like an academic classroom. I would have spent a lot of money if I had built an academic classroom. But I have nothing to do here. I have solved everything with just a laptop. I can upload all the necessary files, take the test, and provide an assignment to my students. Students can attend class in a noise-free environment. It does not make them extra hard. They can easily share lessons with me and understand their answers. Despite being ill no student misses classes. I am enjoying my necessary benefits here. I think it’s well-arranged than an academic classroom. It has solved my distance learning problem.

Cons

I never attended any class in such a digital way in my student life. But now I see here a different environment. Here I can't find the colorful environment, students' naughtiness, sports, smiling, excitement, quarrels, rejoicing, etc. It’s not like a real classroom. So I get annoyed sometimes.

Julie from St. Charles School District

Everything's in Classroom

Students can find absolutely everything they need in the Classroom. As long as they have an internet connection, they can access my Classroom from anywhere. Lost worksheets, forgotten instructions, reviews for tests, and much more are all at the ready. This has erased the need for repeated/redundant efforts on my part! This has saved so much time and frustration! Students are more successful because they have a backup resource at their fingertips. It also helps with parent involvement.

Pros

Google Classroom is my fulltime, comprehensive hub for all activity in my classroom. I am able to use Classroom for absolutely every document, presentation, or resource I might possibly use in my classes. I can post virtually every resource in one convenient location.

Cons

On occasion, I will experience a glitch that blocks a student from submitting work. These occurrences are far and few between.

A New Standard for Teaching

Pros

Turning assignments has never been easier with Google Classroom. During the summer, I taught a small course with javascript to high school students and this platform allowed my students to turn in programming assignments very easily. Before Google Classroom, my students were used to turning in their assignments through their school software and that was unreliable because of constant server crashes. However, with Google Classroom, I can control submission dates and see a timestamp of everything.

Cons

Unfortunately, Google Classroom is only popular with High School teaching. In college, specifically with the University of California Riverside, the standard for turning in assignments is through a software called Ilearn which is unreliable. Google classroom also has no automated quiz system which is super useful if implemented. Another issue that I found annoying was the classroom code. Each time I wanted to add a student into the course, they would constantly have to copy and paste a code to get into my class. A better solution to this perhaps include an option to allow me to add students through a link.

Amit from Nactus India Services Pvt Ltd

Great product for students and Teachers

Connecting students and teachers is really good start by such Google product. I can hope that over the time Google people will be gradually adding awesome features in this product and they should keep space for another players also in their echo system. I am overall happy with Google classroom

Pros

I love google classroom which connects students and teacher to learning. it is very user friendly and allows enables students to see assignments and upload documents and manage them according to assignments. It means students are now more empowered to complete their projects on time and teachers are able to see what students have accomplished so far thus making life relatively easy of teachers and students both. Google now have recently combined google meet and live-streaming feature also with this products which will definitely make this product unique and awesome.

Cons

The google classroom product's few functionalities are still seems incomplete hence it makes difficult to be fully dependent on this product. its Grading part, Stream part is yet not much powerful. Somewhere product lacks navigation which makes difficult to use.

Kristen from Wren Middle School

Google Classroom

I have used Google Classroom as a teacher with students and also as an Instructional Technologist teaching teachers. It is still my favorite LMS option.

Pros

I have been using Google Classroom since it was first introduced by Google. Our district is 1:1 iPads and Chromebooks, so it works with both platforms. During this time that we are eLearning, Classroom has been a lifesaver. Being able to keep the students work organized while we are not able to be in the physical classroom has been such a positive experience.

Cons

I wish that there was a way to mark work as completed without having to give a numerical grade. I am a STEM teacher so not everything that we do gets a numerical grade. I just need a way to show that I have reviewed it and the student can move on to the next part of their project.

Daniella from Education management

Love Google Classroom!

Overall, I really love using google classroom. It has made my teaching experience a lot easier than it was when I only used hard copies of every assignment and had to keep individual folders for each students work.

Pros

I love this product. It make assigning work to a lot of students at once super easy. It's super easy to use. Is make communicating with students and turning in assignments hassle free!

Cons

One feature that I though could be incorporated to make things easier is that to be able to duplicate classes with the assignments. I work with multiple high schools but use the same or similar curriculum for each school site. Thus I make multiple classrooms that have the same assignments and materials, just different school. So being able to duplicate classrooms would make things easier for me.

Laura from The Metropolitan School of Panama

Cheap, but very limited

I used it as a teacher with my middle school students. I don't see it working for preschool or elementary, unless you add the parents as students as well. Parents need to create a Google account to be able to access the information from the newsletter/summary they get. Students don't really get a grade book, but they can see grades for each assignment. Needs a lot of work still.

Pros

Very easy to use and figure out. Students have access to information you want them to get at a low cost.

Cons

Parents don't have access to monitoring other than receiving a weekly or monthly email that says any upcoming or pending assignments, but they don't have access to see anything other than the title of the assignment. Does not link to Turn it in. They are constantly working on improving the platform, but it still lacks a lot of work/improvements.

Gretchen from AIESEC in the Philippines

Industry: International Affairs

Awesome Digital Classroom for Everyone!

Pros

Google Classroom definitely makes your life easier by providing accessible features such as submitting your work at ease. I really like how they incorporated their other products such as Google Calendar and Google Drive so that things will be more organized. The flow of information is also good since you are updated by what your teacher is posting in the "classroom" through your email.

Cons

Google Classroom would have been better if there was a chatroom so that communication will be easier to my fellow classmates. I would really appreciate it if we can message our teachers in the app itself so that it will be more accessible to us. It could have been nice if there was a feature wherein all of the files that your teacher posted will be kept in one place (or one google drive just like the "class drive folder") so that we do not have to scroll down anymore when looking for a certain file.