What are Google Classroom users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Google Classroom software through verified user reviews

1,454 Reviews

• icon"It's Google so it's free and it seamlessly integrates with its suite of applications. It's also very intuitive."
  • icon"I have used various platforms to manage academic and online courses, and this is one of the best out there. I find that it is a great alternative to others that may be more costly for institutions."
  • icon"You can access it from all devices and no paper is needed anymore. It has all the features you need like Comment and Share, with effective online support."
  • icon"What I dislike most about Google Classroom is every now and then certain users will have problems accessing the classrooms."
  • icon"I do not dislike anything about the software. The only issue of have experienced is trouble logging in."
  • icon"Very difficult to set up and manage. Confusing as to what features are offered and where."

Browse all Google Classroom Reviews

• Have you used Google Classroom and would like to share your experience with others?

ResetShow 1,454 Results

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,454 reviews

Jennie

Google Classroom User

Caroline

December 2021

Keep yourself and your students organized!

My overall experience is a great one and I would highly recommend making use of this in schools. If teachers post all their assignments through Google Classroom, the students will have clear directions and cannot come back and say they 'didn't know'! It is also useful if a teacher is out sick, to be able to put work on GC for the students to do during that time.

Pros

This is such an easy product to use. It syncs with so many outside platforms that teachers use. For example, if you use programs such as Bookwidgets, CK-12, Edpuzzle, Kahoot, BrainPoP, Flipgrid and more, you can sync assignments to Google Classroom. I love that our GC also syncs with our LMS, so any assignments we put up and grade, can automatically transfer to our LMS. It is easy to add other teachers, and parents (if you wish). Students can comment publicly or privately. The new feature of added rubrics is fantastic because students are able to see what the expectations are for an assignment. I also enjoy the grade book feature - it is clear and easy to see one student's grades across all assignments.

Cons

Some of my students have had challenges when using a tablet - it does not always allow them to open documents or work on these documents. Sometimes, I post an assignment and have forgotten to make a copy for each student. If I go back into GC, I am unable to change this feature and have to redo the entire assignment.

SM Iftekhar

A great platform for managing online education system..

Overall, I love to use this software as my daily driver. It saves my time & helps me to manage my studies in this pandemic effectively.

Pros

This software has almost everything that is required to conduct the course online. Our faculties can do Assigning courses, assignments, quizzes, share their class notes & attachments easily on this software. It has a great notification system for smartphones thus student doesn't miss out any important topic. It can also integrate many features from google service & our lecturer love this media more than other available alternatives. It has a clean UI & I love it personally.

Cons

I don't find any cons for this software. But the software would be self-sufficient if it integrates a group calling feature for conducting classes like the Microsoft team.

Reasons for choosing Google Classroom

Microsoft Teams has a complicated interface. It's hard to find the attachment files from different courses in that software. The classroom is more optimized & has a clean interface. More importantly, it's so organized that we don't miss the calling feature of the Microsoft team.

Reasons for switching to Google Classroom

The most effective platform for effective E-learning

I am very much please with this platform. It has made my online teaching very much effective and efficient. It has also allowed me to portray my expertise in organizing lessons and course contents.

Pros

Creating assignments, taking exams, sharing announcements, reaching out to students individually, storage of student assignment files in the linked Google account in well-structured manner, sharing of Google forms or links to resources from external sources help make educating students very efficient. Above all, it's free!! And who will not like a free utility with so many useful features.

Cons

The rubrics feature is limited to a very small number of student scripts/reports per assignment. Also, there should be an option to share audio as well.

Reasons for choosing Google Classroom

It is linked to any of Gmail account that you own. Furthermore, no subscription is required for the majority of the features it provides free-of-cost.

Robin

Google Classroom Lacks Many Features

In a pinch, with online learning during the pandemic, Google Classroom has given us a way to communicate with students and assign/collect student work. It is relatively easy to learn to use given time to adjust to this type of platform. However, there are features that it lacks - grade transfer to grading programs, ease of duplicating AND scheduling work at the same time for multiple classes to name a couple.

Pros

It is relatively easy to set up a class and invite students to join. You will likely need to watch a tutorial first, but after that, it is pretty straightforward. I like that it time-stamps submitted work. you know exactly the time a student turned something in. The ability to ask a simple multiple-choice question (I only gave the option of one answer - the word "here:)makes it easy to have students check-in for attendance purposes.

Cons

There is no easy way to transfer scores from Google Classroom to our grading system. There are no built-in comments when responding to student work. You cannot create assignments that can be both scheduled and added to multiple classes at the same time. For example, I have 3 sections of Geometry. I have to create an assignment and schedule for one class, then share and redo the scheduling for each of the other 2 classes. There is no way to hide old assignments so that students can't go back several weeks and try to submit old/late work, particularly at the end of each marking period. I don't like the fact that many educators have already asked for some of the features I feel are lacking, and yet updates have not been made.

Avash

Simple and Easy solution for Online Teaching/Learning

After the pandemic, most schools have started teaching online. As our company has some schools as clients - we have suggested Google Classroom as one part of online schooling. It's not a complete Learning Management System (LMS) but is a powerful and easy-to-use tool that makes the online teaching and learning process easier. I highly recommend Google Classroom to anyone looking for a simple application to make the online teaching-learning process easier but one shouldn't expect it to cater to all needs.

Pros

The best thing about Google Classroom is that it's free. Another great thing about Google Classroom is that it belongs and so is connected to Google Ecosystem thus making sharing documents or classroom slides easy through Google Docs and Google Slides etc. We can also import files directly from Google Drive. Another good thing about Google Classroom is that it's accessible from any device - iPhone, Android, Laptops - Anything as its website is responsive and fits easily in any display size. Also due to its simple and intuitive User Interface (UI) - it's easy to start using it even if one doesn't have a tech background. I also like that announcements, homework reminders, etc are emailed to students automatically.

Cons

The only thing I don't like much about Google Classroom is its completeness. Google has created many software which are exceptional at what they do and offers all features that one might need while using its software. But that's not the case with Google Classroom as its not a complete Learning Management System (LMS) like Blackboard. Google Classroom is usable on any kind of device however, I have found that some features aren't available in the mobile application (Android) but that's okay as its the same with almost all softwares

Reasons for choosing Google Classroom

Google Classroom is free and some teachers were already familiar with Google Classroom.

Nhat

Google Classroom

It is a great product and I have good experience with it but it still needs some catching up to do when comparing it to Blackboard.

Pros

The software is great for teaching virtual students and it has the ability to share screens to make collaboration easy.

Cons

There is no ability for the instructor to see what the student sees.

Reasons for choosing Google Classroom

Google classroom is inexpensive and works almost the same way as a blackboard even though it does lack some features.

Reasons for switching to Google Classroom

Blackboard cost a lot of money while Google classroom is free and inexpensive

Heidi

The best classroom management software, by far

Google Classroom makes teaching, whether virtually or in-person, an organized and pleasant experience. I enjoy using the suite of Google products to create interesting assignments. Students have a wide range of options to apply their learning. Classroom makes it easy to organize materials, communicate with students, and facilitate 1:1 learning.

Pros

Google Classroom is the best option for schools and teachers who teach 1:1 or need a digital component to organize classwork and materials. I have used Google Classroom since 2015, and Google continuously updates with new features and listens to feedback from users. Compared to any other classroom management service, Google Classroom is the easiest to use for both teachers and students, and it integrates with the entire suite of Google products flawlessly.

Cons

Some students and parents take time to learn the different features, as it is set up differently than other services. It is not always convenient for parents to see their children's work and communicate through the app with teachers. However, there are very few cons,

Reasons for choosing Google Classroom

Google is much more user-friendly, cost-effective, and current.

Importance Google classroom

Google classroom solved number of tasks for each class of different subjects. It helps alot during covid 19.

Pros

It provides most of features which I need for solving my daily bases Task for my classes. I can take attendence. I cna share notes and handouts. I can take quiz during time with record of time, answers etc.

Cons

Limited space is a big issue. Another missing feature is that we cannot take print of quiz form like a ms word. The pdf version needs alot of pages.

Reasons for choosing Google Classroom

Providing eas to use and number of features especially the Google forms for surveys and quizzwa

Reasons for switching to Google Classroom

Cannot take quiz or vidoe class

Great Web Classroom - Google Classroom

If you've read my entire post and want a brief overview of Google Classroom, my answer is: Great! It is a worthwhile and successful application. I recommend it to those who haven't tried it.

Pros

Basically using Google products is very easy. People get used to the use quickly. An easy to use and very powerful app in Google Classroom. Whether you use Google apps or not, you get used to the interface immediately. In addition, it offers you very useful tools. In the current period, distance education has gained great importance. In this process, we have used Google Classroom in many of our schools and we are very happy with the results. Our teachers use it seamlessly with their students. Assignments, course materials, exams are sent through this application. In addition, if your teachers know how to use Google Docs, Google Classroom supports Google Docs. You can share/send spreadsheets, e-documents, presentations within Google Classroom.

Cons

We have several possibilities that the app can improve. Interface should be customized according to classes. For example, middle school and high school students see the same design interface. As you can imagine, the expectations of the two levels may differ. For middle school students, homework is more important, while for high school students, exams are more important. Even this view may differ from school to school, from curriculum to curriculum. Teachers should be able to assign the same assignment to more than one class. Students should be able to receive notifications if they do not do their homework or are incomplete.

Maaz

Google Classroom.. Your virtual Classroom.

Google Classroom is a good virtual conferencing tool to connect teachers and students as has proves to be very useful in present days.

Pros

Google Classroom is an audiovisual conferencing platform designed specifically for online education. It has a simple and pleasent user interface which can be easily customized. It helps connect teachers and students to conduct classes virtually. Teachers can assign tasks and homeworks to students through it. You can easily organize discussion threads in it. As it is pre-integrated with Google Drive and Docs, you can easily access files present there. Also it is available to both computer and smartphones systems.

Cons

It requires adult guidance for young students to operate it due to certain level of learning curve. Also its mobile version lacks some of the functionalities that are offered in the computer version, which at times is annoying.

Reasons for switching to Google Classroom

Google classroom has relatively low license fees.

Jim Paul

Google Classroom for Distance Learning

With the advent of distance learning came a lot of ways to still continue teaching learners stuff they ought to know amid the pandemic. Thanks to Google Classroom that this task of delivering quality education to our students was made fun, exciting, and more convenient on our end. Google Classroom is the name to remember if any educator out there is looking for a powerful LMS. Kudos to Google Classroom team!

Pros

The Google Classroom has been very useful for us teachers who went to learning management systems as a resort to help bridge the gap created because of the pandemic. My students found it to be user-friendly and they loved the idea that they can access it anytime, anywhere, and with any device! Personally, I love how I could do a lot of things here like let my students submit their outputs and other assignments and upload my own materials, too, for everyone to see and download themselves. Also, the chat feature is awesome where I could leave a post where students could write comments on. Love it!

Cons

I love almost everything about Google Classroom. I think one factor that helped me navigate through the application with so much ease is because I'm so familiar with other Google Chrome and other Google productivity tools. But if there's one thing that's left missing, I guess it's that G-Classroom doesn't have add-on apps that automate answering and checking of quizzes. Looking for this feature in the future updates :)

Mahmoud

My online classroom

It has allowed me to get feedback from my teachers and classmates thanks to the good communication that Classroom provides me, in addition to this I have been able to help some of my classmates to better understand the subjects. Although it has presented some difficulty when exchanging information with my colleagues, I can say that it is very useful.

Pros

All participants in the virtual classroom will have access to the schedule of activities for the academic period, being contained in duly named folders. The page number of the evaluations may be detailed. You have a high level of security avoiding any type of crime.

Cons

it does not allow you to log in with your personal Gmail to enter, you must log in to Google Apps for Education. It does not have any type of affiliation to calendars, which makes it difficult to organize study materials and deadlines for assignments. It lacks automatic updates which may cause students to not be notified of new assignments or important announcements.

Ignitius

A tried and tested Learning Management syatem that has enabled learning to go in Covid-19 lockdown

The advent of Covid-19 lockdowns had deemed physical learning impossible but with Google Classroom learning was made possible.

Pros

The use of Google Docs to prepared digital content for learners. Ability to upload content created off-platform

Cons

The lack of breakout rooms on the embedded Google Meet video interface

Reasons for choosing Google Classroom

Fair on pricing, easy to use and multiple functions

Reasons for switching to Google Classroom

For the need to have more functions beyond the video interface

Ramon

December 2021

The computer tool for learning

Thanks to this service that Google allows me, I have not left my studies for free and they are even more dynamic, allowing me to learn in the best way. Its versatility of access to telephones and PCs has not missed any of the classes.

Pros

Facilitate the delivery of class work in digital format. So it is not necessary to print the jobs and do this waste of paper. It allows to share texts with students in a fast and comfortable way. Inform the students of the news when they cannot go to the classroom.

Cons

It has not been integrated with Google Calendar, nor any other calendar, which can cause some problems with the organization of the material and the deadlines of the tasks. It does not allow access from multiple domains. Also, you cannot log in with your personal Gmail to enter; You must be signed in to Google Apps for Education. It is not automatically updated, so students will need to update regularly to avoid missing important announcements.

Lakshmi

Google Classroom is my favorite LMS solution

Overall, Google classroom has solved the trouble of content distribution to students and storage is simultaneous in the drive so we wont ever lose data

Pros

I love how I can make the assignments availability and submissions possible with this amazing platfrm

Cons

There is nothing I don't like in this software

Reasons for choosing Google Classroom

Thinkific could not enable the assignment submission by the students and this was so tricky to handle. I chose Google classroom for this purpose

Abdul Rahman

Classroom

it can easily compete with other platforms but it needs some work.. like also integrating google meet inside the classroom and start a meeting in it , accordingly the recorded video will be automatically announced when finished!

Pros

I liked the simple design and fast to use . also it is responsive to the device screen and also its application. And it have assignments section and show people

Cons

I can't open an announcement in a new tab, I have to copy the link and paste it or press on it and view it, when I want to click back on the browser , it will return on the last announcement. this is very annoying as a user looking for 10s of announcements! Also watching videos directly is not possible

Reasons for switching to Google Classroom

kind of faster than teams and reachable by all. rather than MS teams requires high performance

Denise Nicole

Our new classroom!

It makes our lives easier as it is convenient and very easy to use! Very accessible and free! This is our new virtual classroom!

Pros

I can easily track all my school assignments by course subjects using google classroom. This is also where I submit all the school works I have to submit. All class works are organized. I can submit any type of file and incase that the file is too large, I can just attach the link of your file that is saved on your google drive! It also sends email when your assignment is near due date so you'll be aware and notify. This allows you not to submit late because of this reminder . It's very convenient and easy to use!

Cons

I do not have any complain on this software! I absolutely love it!

Rumy

Industry: Architecture & Planning

My Virtual Classroom

Overall it's good software. but, google can modify it more and some additional features, formats, themes, options.

Pros

It's easy to use and the chat system is good. I use this software for my course classes and the classes run smoothly. the video quality is good.

Cons

What I like least about this software is that it's too simple(in looks). The features are less than other software has. In addition, I find it quite confusing to find where is my classroom videos are, students' discussions, my assignment. it should in the front page. like, when I open the app on my mobile, it should be there, all the important things of my class.

Reasons for choosing Google Classroom

My teacher uses Google classroom for our classes.

Rachel

I am a fan and have some would be better ifs

Fantastic app. Loads of YouTube tutorials.

Pros

I love that you can schedule work / announcements

Cons

When sharing a ppt, you can’t see audience’s screens

Reasons for switching to Google Classroom

We did pre-recorded lessons on Seesaw but were ready to go live

Head of the Class

Like others Google classroom played a role in helping to solve the transition to online learning. The simplicity paired with the power of their design makes Google classroom and attractive option if you are in the market for providing instruction in a virtual setting.

Pros

The integration of Google classroom into my day-to-day activities could not have been easier. For the price there is not a better alternative. For the features and they implementation Google stands alone.

Cons

Depending on agreements with your company or School district access to Google products maybe limited. Google has the strongest platform with a superior suite of applications. If you're able to use it, you would be wise to take advantage of all that Google has to offer.

Reasons for choosing Google Classroom

I selected Google classroom based on the ease of use and implementation for users. The experience on Google classroom is enjoyable and the learning process for teachers and students is not intimidating.

Luke

Free hosted option for a Learning Management System

Once it's setup and the staff have been through some training, it's a useful tool. It's hosted on Google's servers, so you do not need any extra infrastructure to support it.

Pros

It's hosted on Google Cloud, and integrates with everything else in Google. If you have G-Suite, it is easy to share and talk to your students and other faculty.

Cons

Steep learning curve if you've never taught online before. You need materials ready to go, otherwise it's basically Facebook.

Reasons for choosing Google Classroom

Google was included in our license. No extra fees to run the server and manually keep up with the updates.

Rukundo

The best grading software for online learning

I really love google classroom because of the organization and how easy it is to use. Announcements are also clear because the teacher can regulate students' interactions in the software.

Pros

It's free and very easy to get started. It simplifies Grading and evaluating Students' work. I love how it integrates with other Google tools like calendar, drive, hangouts, etc.

Cons

Because google suite can be limited, Google classroom lacks some features that other learning systems have.

Reasons for switching to Google Classroom

Google classroom enables us to plan ahead and schedule classes.

Ross

They Continue to Improve

I absolutely am all in on Google Classroom and the way it continues to add features. Its integration with Google Meet makes it simple for students to remotely join a class. Google must have teachers onboard in their design of the software as it does everything that a teacher could ask for and does it simply.

Pros

Google Classroom is easy to use, intuitive, powerful, and continues to improve. Creating classes is very simple. It integrates with Gmail allowing student names to populate the "add student" box speeding up the addition of students to a class. Once a student is entered, parents and guardians can be added giving them access to weekly reports. Additionally, when those same students are added to other classes, the parents/guardians are automatically added. This continues throughout a student's career at your school. The creation of classwork is very simple. A very nice feature is that assignments can be created as draft assignments and then scheduled to post on any day and time. So you can create a week of assignments ahead of time, schedule them, and then sit back and let them post. What is especially helpful is that assignments can be reused from any class no matter how long ago your created the class. Google Classroom integrates Google Forms as assignments allowing you to create self-grading quizzes. Those quiz grades can be automatically imported to Classroom. Assignments can be grouped by topic. Most Student Information Systems allow integration with Google Classroom. At the end of the year, classes are archived, but are always accessible as sources for assignments. You can even copy a previous class into a new year, bringing with it assignments from that year into the current year as draft assignments, thus simplifying the new year.

Cons

We do not make use of the grading component but not necessarily because it is bad but rather because we are able to integrate Classroom into our SIS, Gradelink. Occasionally a recorded Google Meet created from within Classroom is mysteriously "owned" by a student rather than the teacher of the class making it hard to share with other students.. This does not happen very often but it is inconvenient when it happens and it likely not a fault of Classroom.

Reasons for choosing Google Classroom

Google Classroom is in a class by itself in terms of power, simplicity, and versatility.

Abdelrahman

Google Classroom is just the perfect learning alternative during the pandemic

I didn't use about Google Classroom before the pandemic, but after it came and my college had to shut down, we used it as an alternative, and It really provided an unexpected perfect educational environment that made it so close to physically attending to my lectures.

Pros

The best thing I like about Classroom is that it provides a stable connection for the classes, as well as being very user friendly environment and straight to the point. I also really loved the fact that it constantly reminds you of the upcoming work due dates. And it also has a calendar to keep you updated with everything within your courses. I liked that its well organized, as there is are three sections for each subject, one for discussions, and its for all the people in the class, which are Teachers and Classmates, and another section for Classwork, and one for the people, which helps you know your classmates in each class. Its also easy to roll or unroll in a subject, just get the code from the teacher and get in the class. And after you are finished with any class, you can archive it and get back to it anytime later to see all the lectures and the classwork throughout the semester.

Cons

The only thing I find disturbing is that when people talk in the stream section (or the discussion section), messages get mixed up between teachers and classmates, It would be much better if it had two columns within the stream section, one for students messages, and the other for teachers. Other than that, my experience with Google Classroom is so good.

Showing 1 - 25 of 1,454 reviews