GoSkills

GoSkills Reviews

RATING:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"Very inexpensive and user friendly - I enjoyed each lessen."
  • icon"This program is worth every penny. I have debated for 10 years about learning advanced excel and VBA."
  • icon"Ease of use and great selection of courses. The level of detail in their Lean Six Sigma course was impressive."
  • icon"Course has very limited set of DAX functions module only Calculate and All."
  • icon"I would say the only thing I don't like about is there isn't a way to just send the certification to linkd in, instead of manually having to do it."
  • icon"M only missing a bit more detail in commands and shortcut as not being a frequent user sometimes it´s easy to get lost."

Have you used GoSkills and would like to share your experience with others?

All GoSkills Reviews

Fantastic Website for Continuous Learning

Absolutely fantastic website for learning a vast variety of content on the fly. There are some improvements and course reviews to be made, but overall it is a great way for continuous learning.

Pros

Easily manageable bite-sized lessons, can start learning whenever there's a gap of free time, even a small one.

Cons

When viewing GoSkills through Apple devices, instead of the videos showing up in the default quicktime player, the video plays from the website's browser, which can sometimes cause a bug where no audio comes though, and this can only be fixed by refreshing the webpage. The website's browser also leaves the whole URL bar visible, which is not fully utilising the screen space. This can probably be fixed by creating their own app.

Patrick

Bite Size Lessons - Comprehensive Program for Lean Six Sigma Training

Their support is excellent. Anytime I found an issue or had a question about their slides, I got a response back within 24-48 hours.

Pros

Bite size lessons (usually between 4 and 8 minutes), of which each flows into a topical order. The courses I took were on Lean Six Sigma and that topic builds from one lesson to the next which is exactally how it should be taught. There are practice problems at the end of each section and practice worksheets to complete which help enforce the material. The instructor provides some personal feedback on his experiences well which is nice.

Cons

There could be some additional practice questions and the final exam could incorporate some new questions rather than just repeating the end of lesson quiz questions

Reasons for switching to GoSkills

GoSkills had better content on this subject.

Easy, quick and easily personally paced learning system

These courses, even though they are very good, are still fairly "light" compared to some large-scale industry certified trainings. But I think these work well for junior, or if you want to learn more but not necessary are ready to take the step for the many weeks or months of studying (e.g. some PM certifications). But for e.g. a PM, I think you would be able to do the work well on GoSkills certificate alone.

Pros

I like that this GoSkills VERY quick to take to use. Just minutes. I also like that you can do a bit of learning each day - like all professionals, I am very busy at my work, and it's very hard as a consultant to dedicate full days for learning. I also learn better when I can process it in between. I like that there are actual exercise files and quizzes to ensure the learning.

Cons

The software is fine, but I do not like those courses where only a person is speaking and there is no actual materials shared (like a presentation). That's just being lazy. I would also like to receive the share presentations as e.g. PDF, as you would in any other training. (Which would cost more of course.)

Emre

Industry: Civil Engineering

My Learning

Being a member and using its features makes me very happy. However, the prices are quite high for the country I live in. My budget does not allow me to take an annual course. Therefore, I am quite sorry.

Pros

The program is very easy to install and use. It is also quite remarkable to see the progress levels. Also, it's great to have a variety of course samples. However, the details given in the courses are very shallow.

Cons

All your courses are quite sufficient for my professional career.

Great interactive platform for e-learning

I've done the Team Leadership course on GoSkills (my first one yet) and that was a great experience. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] did an outstanding job structuring and explaining various notions, tools and scenarios. The course has inspired me to take this knowledge and apply it in my day-to-day activities, so thank you!

Pros

GoSkills is very intuitive and simple in use. The courses come with video and text support, followed by quizzes and the final assessment at the end of the course. The topics are very well structured, the speakers comments and the visual support are timed perfectly. The content is presented in an engaging way with examples from the speakers' experiences and it is broken into sections that each take from 15 to 30 minutes to complete making it easy to focus and stay concentrated throughout the whole lesson. A side dashboard allows you to follow up on your progress, and you also get badges as you move along the course which is a nice touch. At the end of the course, a completion certificate is issued and a tutorial is simultaneously offered to add it to your LinkedIn profile which is a very nice consumer-centric touch.

Cons

I can't say there were any "cons" per se but I think it'd be great to add more practical examples to the topics (this comment comes from the Team Leadership course): some famous success stories, advice on some tools you can use to implement the concepts and even more examples from experience (they allow to make the theoretical notions more relatable and understandable)

Cherise

Industry: Building Materials

Value for Time and Money

Very pleased. It is my go to online course training software to maintain PDUs for PMP Certification. It is great value for money compared with other provides.

Pros

The content is downloadable and easy to review in preparation for quizzes and exams. This allows persons to learn in a different format other than auditory.

Cons

Not as engaging for persons who can get bored easily.

Reasons for switching to GoSkills

Greater value for money and the opportunity to earn more PDUs.

Sherilyn

Industry: Law Practice

Great Training Hub and Company

GoSkills has been fantastic. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is very quick to respond with any questions I have and is very attentive to my companies needs.

Pros

GoSkills has been a great asset to the firm and to our employees especially since going remote. We are able to stream line training to all employees. What has made it particularly great is how user friendly the GoSkills platform is. Little training is required on how to use the platform itself.

Cons

I wish I had the ability set managers or leaders for departments so supervisors can pull reports for their own department.

Learn at your convenience

I took two courses on this platform, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, the contents were well explained. I have learned a lot and I got what I was looking for.

Pros

GoSkills contains various courses that can improve the user's experiences. Also, these courses can help students expand their knowledge and presentation skills. I liked that courses are focused and instructors explain them simply and clearly, they provided examples and quizzes to measure how much have you learned. I liked the flexibility, I can take the courses whenever I find the time. It is a good advantage that GoSkills grants certificates to users to showcase the skills on their resume and LinkedIn profiles to get employed.

Cons

I think more practice questions and quizzes should be added frequently to fully comprehend the tricky parts of the Microsoft Excel course.

Great Courses

Pros

I enjoy the courses on Goskills very much. I have taken a lot of courses on Microsoft skills as well as others and everything is top notch.

Cons

For the time being I haven't found any con, the only thing would be to have more different courses available.

Pascal Uriel

Good user experience

I wanted to learn Agile for so long, I tried many platform, many course, but my best fit was with GoSkills

Pros

GoSkills plateform is very polished, event hard topic are well presented and very easy to understand!

Cons

Limited choose of training, it will come with time I am sure

Better quality

Laura

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Basic Excel

I am learned many new features of Excel.

Pros

I am so glad to learn about how powerful that Excel is and learn new features that I can use in my job every day.

Cons

I would love to use all of the features I learned but am concerned that some are very complicated and may be difficult to replicate.

Steffen

Very good dashboard course

The course and the videos are all in very good quality.

Pros

I like the step by step explanations!

Cons

I use Excel 2013 and single parts are only for Excel 2016 and later useable.

Michelle

Learning Skills in my Downtime

10 out of 10 would recommend especially with all this 'free time' we have now these days. I'm an assistant with my company but am looking to grow into an analyst position. These courses have given me insight to the start of financial modeling. There's a ton of shortcuts and priceless 'in-field' knowledge that you can't beat for this monthly price. I would also recommend this software to someone who wants to bulk up their resume.

Pros

This was so incredibly user friendly and I loved that each lesson was bite-sized. It didn't feel daunting to start a lesson because it would be 10 minutes tops. The instructor for the course I took was engaging and hilarious, this was better than some courses I took at a state university!

Cons

I didn't like that I had to manually post my certificate on LinkedIn, but that's not a GoSkills issue it's LinkedIn. I don't really have any complaints - it's perfect.

Leonardo

Industry: Biotechnology

Leadership review

I love it, fits perfectly in my work schedule on the go

Pros

Leadership is practical and quick for a on the go manager.

Cons

Less Quizzes, not necessary based on the material being taught. If I’m training and learning, quizzes are not mandated.

Rebecca

Makes things easier!

It's helped me gain footing in my new position and really thoroughly learn programs that I was otherwise just kind of thrown into.

Pros

I love the fact that it's very intuitive and everything is easy to find. Navigation is clean and the courses are through.

Todd

Worth Every Penny

I am writing an estimating , payroll and book keeping program that will also interface with web based software. This training has offered many of the answers I have been asking for a while. The biggest answer is how do I .............

Pros

This program is worth every penny. I have debated for 10 years about learning advanced excel and VBA. This program is exactly what I was looking for and exactly what I needed. For once I feel confident that I will succeed learning exactly what I need to know to be successful.

Cons

There is so much to offer, I don't have the patience to wait to complete one to start learning another.

Reasons for choosing GoSkills

The products that are offered are the same products that I have researched and determined to be the best fit for our organization. It just Fit.

Alina