• Pros

• "I find HealthStream easy to manage and navigate. I like that they are constantly updating and adding user friendly features - MyTeam , Event Tab, "

• "I like the flexibility of the software, there are many different elements that you can integrate to automate your processes and tracking."

• "This LMS is easy to use for both the end user and the administrator. "

• Cons

• "Customer services used to be a bit of an issue but has gotten much better. "

• "Some aspects of customization are not available in the HLC. "

• "The biggest fault is that there is not an easy way to change due dates on assignments."

Browse HealthStream Learning Center Reviews

Carolyn from Hospice of Northwest Ohio

HealthStream for Hospice

As with any system there is a learning curve but HealthStream is overall an intuitive, robust LMS with features for small and very large groups. They are very good with customer service and offer support groups which enhances system utilization. I view them as the Cadillac of LMS for healthcare organizations.

Pros

HealthStream has a robust course library and It is easy to assign courses and run/automate reports to track completions/compliance. I like that I can delay the start of an assignment and the LMS will auto-generate notifications which I can customize . It is easy to create groups and generate reports for anything from course completions to analytics. I can create courses with various learning activities and upload large content files. There are some tricks and tips to learn but support is there when you need it including helpful community support groups (live pre-pandemic, now virtual). There is also a "Help" button for administrators and learners with supportive content including video tutorials.

Cons

I have used the system for over five years and in the "early days" HealthStream support was easier to contact with a faster turn-around (I was spoiled compared with other LMS systems). With time they are less accessible and the turn around is slower but if your need is urgent they will work to respond fast.

Reasons for Choosing HealthStream Learning Center

We use both. We considered discontinuing Relias but did not due to Relias having important, desirable content for hospice and more CEs for hospice, healthcare professionals.

Janet from FMOLHS - St, Dominic

HStream from Administrator and Student Role

Adm - Excellent! Just had a TJC survey and the Reviewer was impressed by how we had so much of needed evidence in HealthStream- all in one place and not lost or misplaced as students transfer or managers change. Student - excellent! Especially appreciate having procedural guidelines available in Catalog and to receive CE credit on completion. The CE Path library is wonderful especially with nursing certification preparation.

Pros

Adm. Can start with a basic package then add to this as needed to meet additional needs. Student - gives me control over timing of training.

Cons

Adm - Billing is difficult. As you add additional products, separate Billing with differing timelines can get confusing; multiple invoices for various products. Student - can be slow to deliver or move to the next page

Reasons for Choosing HealthStream Learning Center

Business appearance, functionality, met current and future needs, enjoy working with their representatives, customer service, responsiveness, HealthStream User Group - wonderful way to keep uptodate on products while also having a direct input into development and issues.

Reasons for Switching to HealthStream Learning Center

Adm - M3 was purchased by HealthStream. After checking other products, HealthStream had a “business” look and the others at that time had a “home-built” look. In the past, we switched products every 2 or 3 years as we outgrew the product faster than the product could change. This has not been the case with HealthStream. HealthStream changed and evolved before so our new need was there are coming soon.

HealthStream Learning Center

Pros

Geared for healthcare systems, the software offers many features and products that are industry specific, all in one place.

Cons

The software does not offer modern features that are available by default with many other learning management systems.

Anthony from HCA Healthcare

Mid-Level Administrator

Using this system gets easier with time. I have relatively few problems with it nowadays, partly because I have been using it for 5+ years. Our newer administrators have more frustrations, i.e. "Why does it work this way?" vs just accepting it for how it is. If you stick with it and achieve a level of mastery, it will get the job done and will do what you expect an LMS to do.

Pros

They have identified the features that are used the most and have streamlined them heavily. The customer support is top notch if you need help. They really engage with customers and listen to feedback. You will always feel like you have a voice or can connect with the vendor to get a problem resolved. There's always some new feature they're working on to stay cutting edge.

Cons

Course building features have seemed a bit dated for a while now. Custom reporting is a bit clunky and doesn't always provide the data you are looking for without a lot of extra legwork. The learning curve can seem daunting when getting started, with a lot of system vocabulary and terminology to get used to. As a large, multi-leveled organization, we run into limitations that the system was not designed for. This means we end up having to work with the vendor to custom build solutions to band aid the problem. Conversely, if you were a small or mid-size organization I don't think you would have these same problems.

Amanda from Bayhealth

HealthStream Learning Center

Overall, HealthStream has been a really great tool for Bayhealth. We've used the product for over 10 years and have increased our utilization exponentially since year one. They are usually right on top of any healthcare related trends in education and providing content/features necessary to meat the unique demands or needs of healthcare and education.

Pros

I love that it's centered around the healthcare, as it ensures we have the most applicable content available. Most of the features are developed with healthcare in mind as well which makes it a front runner in the industry. They are very customer geared so will listen to their customers for feedback and/or will do whatever they can to meet a need. The addition of features such as the Competency Center and Checklist have really transformed our orientation and annual education processes, and our end users absolutely love them.

Cons

Customer Service used to be exceptional but has struggled quite a bit in recent years. Reporting can be clunky at times, but is improving. I also struggle with the level of control I do not have as an Administrator over my own data; it affects the operational aspects of my job and use of the system. I also would like to see more collaboration on feature development with end users; sometimes the full functionality is not thought through (this has gotten better).

Michelle from Upland Hills Health

Can't Imagine Training Without HealthStream

Pros

The HealthStream learning center platform is easy to use and understand for staff, making it 'the way we do training' at our organization. The HR import brings in staff demographic information including department & job title, making it easy to create learning assignments to specific groups of employees. Our organization really loves the additional products like HealthStream Video and Checklists to develop interactive courses to meet our needs for training and competency. With new features continually being rolled out with the Customer Delight Campaign and the new hStream platform and MyTeams for managers, I'm excited to see what the future holds for us and other HealthStream customers.

Cons

One thing that is problematic is that some courses, or features within them, don't run with all major internet browsers. This is confusing and frustrating to staff.

Reasons for Switching to HealthStream Learning Center

While we were a happy NetLearning customer, we were looking to add online performance appraisals, and NetLearning did not have this option at the time (2010); or if they did, their product did not have what we were looking for.

Bernadette from Kettering Health Network

A Good Choice for HealthCare Organizations

We use HealthStream in many ways besides providing the education our staff needs to stay on top of the many requirements for medical care. We also use it to track annual flu shot compliance and for other needs. Our dedicated Ops Specialist is a treasure beyond compare, but HealthStream's de-centralized billing practices are a challenge to deal with.

Pros

HealthStream has a huge amount of features and content targeted specifically for healthcare organizations, which makes their system hard to beat in this industry. BLS/ACLS renewal, other patient safety and clinical content, checklists for skills and equipment check-offs, live class registration management - there is a lot you can do. The reporting options are also well developed and accessible.

Cons

Besides live classes, there is almost no capability for teacher/student interaction. It does not support discussion boards or homework uploads.

Amberlee from Genesis Health System

Good Product, but has flaws

Overall I have a great relationship with those that work at Healthstream. When I have issues I'm not afraid to ask, and they are more than willing to help and fix problems.

Pros

Cons

The miriade of "fixes", that are just bandaid that seem to come back at least once a month. The other big issue is the system refreshing issue. In the age of immediate feedback, I shouldn't have to wait anywhere from 2-8 hours for the site to refresh with the information that I put in.

Jenni from EvergreenHealth Kirkland

HealthStream Learning Center Review

Pros

Cons

I find it difficult to get best practice suggestions from the team when implementing new purchased features or when updates are made available. I often don't realize something in our organization has changed until I happen upon it.

Reasons for Switching to HealthStream Learning Center

I had used HealthStream at a previous organization, HCCS contract was up and we chose HealthStream from among many other products.

Great system with great potential

We are able to easily assign and track all mandatory edcuation and competency.

Pros

The HealthStream Learning center is very fuctional, it makes delivering E-learning easy! Courses are easy to build and assign.

Cons

Many opportunities for improvement, for example the catalog is not a smart search, the wait list feature doesn't work as most users think it should, customer service closes cases without full resolution

Francesca from Salinas Valley Memorial Healthcare System

HealthStream Client since 2003

Our organization enjoys the 3rd party vendors education offerings as HealthStream has been very strategic and selective in who they partner with. HealthStream continues to be an emerging force in providing healthcare

Pros

The technical support is amazing. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a very motivating, supportive force as HealthStream's [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. He is truly inspirational as a keynote speaker. His energy and belief in supporting/providing staff education to make the best impact where it counts, at the bedside with the patient and their family is key to why we continue as a HealthStream customer/partner.

Cons

Some of the transition/conversion from legacy to HStream are unknowns until seeing it in the system as a choice/selection for the first time. This is frustrating at times not knowing its potential usefulness/impact.

Reasons for Choosing HealthStream Learning Center

Seemed more robust with more flexible options.

Reasons for Switching to HealthStream Learning Center

HealthStream I believe acquired D'Medici and several others to form HealthStream.

Michelle from Temple Health

LMS Partnership that WORKS!

HealthStream Learning Center has helped propel our online learning solutions to a new level. It has allowed a variety of departments within the organization to modernize their learning and provide alternative learning methods to our employees.

Pros

HealthStream has provided our organization with a modern learning platform. It is very customizable, meeting the various stakeholder needs and allows for the integration of many types of learning activities within its platform. Their customer service and technical support has been exceptional - very personable, tailored to our specific needs and willing to help us think outside the box as we continue to grow.

Cons

The one area that could use some development would be the reporting solutions. While there are many types of reports available, it is not always very easy to customize to meet our individual needs.

Martia from Emory Healthcaare

HealthStream Learning Center

The HLC is a way to assign and track mandatory education. It also serves as a way to track education both inside the organization and from outside sources

Pros

HealthStream has healthcare related content already built. They also work with vendors to provide education through the HLC.

Cons

Some aspects of customization are not available in the HLC.

Reasons for Choosing HealthStream Learning Center

We chose HealthStream because of the existing healthcare content available.

Reasons for Switching to HealthStream Learning Center

The content that we used previously was no longer available.

Joni from Rochester Regional Health

HealthStream Learning Center (HLC) review

Overall tracking of education online is great with HLC as I would expect. Employees of HealthStream are always great to work with.

Pros

ease of use for students; fairly easy for administrators. The Help function is helpful but could be better up-to-date with some items

Cons

Reporting is continually being enhanced but could be better. Tend to use the same reports

Eugene from Prime Healthcare

Health Stream Learn

Keeping our facilities up to date on the latest education

Pros

Reporting features are easy to use and give very detailed results. Creating student groups and making assignments are very easy. Uploading new course is a little complicated m but once you do a few they become a lot easier.

Claire from AtlantiCare

Great e-learning and learning management system

Having a centralized location for all educational and professional data for our employees. Ease in providing both on-going and just in time training.

Pros

Ease of use, availability of courses, easy to upload our own courses, running reports, access to needed data

Cons

Limited content on the behavioral health side of the healthcare business.

Amanda from Baxter Regional Medical Center

It's All I Know

Pros

Not sure, other than I have become accustomed to using it over the past 3+ years. I enjoy that I can use other software and upload it into HealthStream.

Cons

Since this is the first authoring software I've used on this scale, I wish it was just more user-friendly. It is getting better, though.

Dawn from San Luis Valley Health

HLC

Good support.

Pros

Product was easy to use, the options for successful implementation were very helpful.

Cons

It would be helpful to offer more hot topics in relation to healthcare.

Emily from EHS

HealthStream: Easy to use for the student and administrator

Pros

This LMS is easy to use for both the end user and the administrator.

Cons

Customer services used to be a bit of an issue but has gotten much better.

Education Platform

Required education through entire Amsurg Co provided through this software . Awesome and very creatively created . Keeps you up on your toes. !

Pros

Easy to use even for new members . Provides education to all kinds of staffing : nurses , clinicians etc . You can review the materials and at the end offers a quiz to test your knowledge .

Cons

It can show your progress at each step of the way .

Marlo from HCA Center for Clinical Advancement

HealthStream Learning Center - Review

Sometimes there can be a problem resolving an issue if it is an external vendor course

Pros

Ease of use, good search options, great reporting capabilities

Cons

Processing time for large reports, lag time for reports only until midnight the previous day.

Nisia from Yuma Regional Medical Center

Data Abstractor

My overall experience with Healthstream has been a positive one and I would recommend to anyone who would inquire. With this program, we are able to stay current with policy updates and competencies.

Pros

Healthstream has been extremely user-friendly and self explanatory. When HR uploads new modules due for completion, an email goes out notifying the staff, allowing everyone the opportunity to stay current.

Cons

The functionality of Healthstream software is impeccable. Any glitches that we have encountered have typically been due to downtimes and/or upgrades at our facility.

Keithia from Dignity Health

Healthstream ok for small setup

It was ok to use when our organization was small and we only a few annual assignments. As the company grew it became tedious and cumbersome to track all the assignments and reports.

Pros

Healthstream was really good at supporting a small organization with simple learning. Group management was fairly easy and it was easy to setup simple tests. As a user, it was fairly easy to navigate the learning transcript and complete your training assignments.

Cons

Healthstream was not great for setting up large dynamic assignments and managing large groups. The key to being able to do that is having clean data from your HRIS. We had a lot of issues maintaining dynamic groups.

Great system for onboarding, brushing up, and distributing required items

Overall great way to have thousands of employees review ethics, compliance, fire, safety, onboarding, etc.

Pros

Easily cycle through lessons and keep track of your progress. Quizzes help with progress and there is an option to view your certificates after each chapter/course.

Cons

Sometimes the navigation isn't responsive (takes a few extra clicks) and sometimes the slides will not format correctly.

Online Learning Platform for Healthcare

Pros

The software was easy to use - I am able to view my training video and answer the questions following it.

Cons

It seems like it still utilizes flash for some videos, it would be nice to use a modern, supported system.

Danny from Yuma Regional Medical Center

Great Way To Keep Employees On Track

This makes sure that employees view updated policies rather than just sending them an email they can dismiss.

Pros

Making Healthstream a requirement for employees keeps your staff up to date with education, your organization policies, and updated with current healthcare requirements.

Cons

The layout can look a little outdated but the product is very functional. The product is easy to maintain.

Kristen from ProHealth Physicians

Industry: Information Services

Healthstream Review

Overall, everyone at Healthstream is pleasant to work with and I enjoy being a part of the User Group to troubleshoot issues.

Pros

It is easy to train someone to use - and it presents nicely to the end user.

Cons

There is a lack of good customer service when it comes to the Healthstream Video component. It often takes several attempts before your issue will be escalated to the correct person.

Marissa from Auburn Community Hospital

Online Education Tool Must

Pros

This software helps our company complete mandatory continuing education. It is a tremendous asset and great software

Cons

We don't really encounter any difficulty using this software.

Beth Ann from Guilford Surgery Center

HealthStream - not user friendly as an administrator

Terrible

Pros

Nothing at all. It was hard to navigate and there was absolutely no customer support.

Cons

Absolutely NO customer support! Reports are not user friendly to say the least!

Great for Healthcare

Pros

Adding/editing courses and quizzes is very easy to do.

Cons

Our version of healthstream uses flash, which causes issues with some of our computers

Judith from Newport Academy

Easy Access to Learning and Compliance

Overall, this learning center program is very good. Easy set up, access and does offer the ability access other learning desires.

Pros

The access to videos and learning is quick and easy. The curriculum used is simple enough for all levels of learning.

Cons

It does not discriminate for job title and some items required for compliance are chosen company wider rather than by job appropriateness.

RayKayle from Gritman Medical Center

HealthStream

Pros

HealthStream offers quite a few functionalities within its software, that allows multiple departments to utilize similar functions independently or simultaneously!

Cons

I haven't found anything about the software that I don't like, however I don't use every functionality and may not have a complete view on the product.