iCohere Unified Learning System

iCohere Unified Learning System Reviews

RATING:

Review Highlights

Pros and Cons

• icon"It provides a fully integrated solution to our training and technical assistance needs, including webinars, communities of interest, virtual meetings/conferences, and online/on-demand courses."
  • icon"I liked the interaction and the content from this platform. Customer care is responsive, fast, and caring."
  • icon"The best thing about iCohere is its user friendliness. It's easy to look at and to customize as an admin... and there are quite a bunch of ways to customize an iCohere site."
  • icon"Not as easy to navigate as other tools that I have used. Always struggle with finding my certificate after sessions."
  • icon"The system is easy to use for the user but can be a little more difficult for the back end users to setup."
  • icon"Integration with my company's database has been challenging, which delayed the launch."

Have you used iCohere Unified Learning System and would like to share your experience with others?

All iCohere Unified Learning System Reviews

Eric

Very user friendly, especially considering how many custom options are available.

Pros

The best thing about iCohere is its user friendliness. It's easy to look at and to customize as an admin... and there are quite a bunch of ways to customize an iCohere site. Also, the company's client service is phenomenal. An iCohere staff member met with me via webconference on a weekly basis until I had the site fully built. She was always prompt and thorough if I had any inquiries/feedback. The staff member who helped me with setting up webconferences was also very helpful. Everyone from iCohere whom I've spoken to is very friendly. My company just did a soft launch of our new LMS last week and I'm very satisfied with my experience so far.

Cons

Integration with my company's database has been challenging, which delayed the launch. As I mentioned, though, iCohere's client service is all that one can ask for, which made the experience much more smooth than it would have been otherwise.

Response from iCohere

Eric we so appreciate your review. Getting NAMA launched with proper iMIS integration took a bit of tweaking work and I'm so glad to see that's ironed out and you're on the way -- exciting!

Jeffrey

August 2016

iCohere is a winner for us! It was the right choice.

We are currently ramping up nicely with iCohere. We've built up several training modules by repurposing existing webinars; eventually, those modules will be grouped into online courses. So far, both the iCohere platform and the service have been excellent - flexible, easy to learn, and feature rich. I'm very pleased with our progress so far; in addition, iCohere has been an important part of our sales pitch to grantors, and it seems to be working! I've been actively seeking out and using your online learning resources - they are excellent!

Pros

It provides a fully integrated solution to our training and technical assistance needs, including webinars, communities of interest, virtual meetings/conferences, and online/on-demand courses. It is much more economical in terms of staff time than trying to work with stand-alone solutions that operate differently and require enormous amounts of back-end labor to jury-rig and coordinate.

Cons

iCohere is so feature rich (that's a compliment, not a complaint!) that it can be somewhat daunting at first. However, I recommend: (a) taking full advantage of the excellent online training materials in the iCohere Academy; and (b) prioritize your goals and build out your iCohere content incrementally focusing on your most highly valued goals and objectives first. As you succeed with each module, your confidence and competence will grow apace.

Response from iCohere

We so appreciate your review, Jeff. Serving small-staff, high-results organizations is something we are passionate about. It is true that the iCohere platform is so feature-rich that it can seem daunting at first. That really is one of the core reasons we stay so involved with our clients -- to ensure every client ramps up smoothly and that they achieve their objectives quickly. We know that you and JRSA have big plans with iCohere, and we are thrilled to be your partner in bringing those plans into reality. Thank you!

Matt

Time used: Free Trial

Kudos to my rep!

I just want to say that my rep rocks. He's a great trainer. I appreciate his patience in getting me trained. Good job!

Response from iCohere

Thank you for your feedback Matt. Alex and our other engagement & support team members are amazing. We are here to help! I wonder why your ratings are so much lower than others -- let me know how we can make iCohere even better for you as a new site admininstrator. iCohere has been serving Learning Forward for 8 years and we truly value your business, partnership and trust. ~Lance

Replied February 2017

Sara

July 2016

Both 10 years ago and now - iCohere my first choice

I first used iCohere 10 yrs ago for about a year to meet short-term needs of a small start-up organization. For a more substantive effort getting underway, recently subscribed because the brilliance of the integrative core design remains and such a full spectrum of new features are built around it as well as all the internet technologies now available. It seems its designers have thought of everything in advance in the most practical and forward-looking ways. Support is personable and fast in answering questions. User documentation is thorough and reliable. I'm very happy to be back using it and looking forward to exploiting all its features.

Pros

It reflects real-world knowledge of how people/groups work, what they need to do good work and communicate . Its design is integrative, e.g., recognizing how information and roles are interconnected, and thus it links resources for maximum accessibility with user-defined controls on what's needed where. Its design seems to have "thought of everything" - which gives me features as a user that are not only what I expect, but also that give me new ideas for what I can design in.

Cons

I haven't run into any things I don't like.

Response from iCohere

Sara what a terrific review and what a thrill for us to be working with you again! There aren't many learning/collaboration platforms that have been around for 15 years -- one of the great things for us is when someone comes back! I also really appreciate your mention of our thoroughness with testing & support -- a somewhat lost art these days on the internet, and something we value & invest in deeply and always will. Again thank you! ~Lance

Replied July 2016

Monika

I am an instructional designer who sets up courses and pulls reports from LMS for further analysis

Pros

iCohere offers many features that let's you customize the setup of courses. The Classroom is very visual with image icons and pleasant for the learner. We had been using iCohere for our online courses and webinars. The first response as well as the developing team are both very responsive and knowledgeable. They are able to distinguish and help you with many issues along the way. If I were to pick, I think customer service would be the top of the list, following closely with usability and ability to set up programs the way you like. They will always work with you and help you get the features you need. Webinars through Webex are very easy to use and access.

Cons

There are still few features that iCohere needs to work on, for example, SCORM is pass/fail only, where others offer ability to report more information from the course. Classroom is not accessible from mobile devices, meaning, if you have all your courses in the classroom, you are not mobile accessible.

Response from iCohere

Thanks so much, Monika. We so appreciate the opportunity to support the good work of the American Society for Healthcare Engineering (ASHE). Your SCORM courses are highly interactive and engaging -- congratulations!

Keshia

Superb customer service

Easy collaboration, information sharing, and more.

Pros

The software is very easy to use and the layout is great. I enjoyed being able to tailor the software for my organization's needs. Also, the customer service is absolutely amazing as I appreciated receiving a phone call or email checking in to make sure that iCohere was still working well for myself and the clients we work with. I would highly recommend iCohere to others.

Response from iCohere

Thank you so much, Keshia. Supporting healthcare and medical nonprofits is super important to us. HCAN's support for rural health clinics is so important and impressive, we truly appreciate the opportunity to be of service.

Kristen

Great Experience, Exceptional Service

Pros

Customizability and great support. Customer service makes a huge difference in the user experience! I also appreciate the availability of training and skill development through iCohere Academy.

Cons

A little bit of a learning curve, but again the support is great. I would like a more streamlined interface, but every software has limitations and this is a personal preference.

Response from iCohere

Thanks so much for your review, Kristen. We always s value your feedback as a leader & innovator in online learning. We're always working to make the system easier to use and the new iCohere Classroom is an impressive upgrade that I hope you will enjoy.

Replied December 2017

Pros

I have used this software as a learner. They offer many well-curated and well-produced courses lead by leaders in the education industry. It is very easy to identify assignments, collaborate with others,view live sessions, etc.

Cons

I cannot think of any issues or deficiencies I've run in to as a learner. If I had to pick something, their GUI could use some updates, but that is purely cosmetic.

Response from iCohere

Thanks so much for your review, we appreciate your feedback. iCohere 2018 includes the new Classroom interface that will, I bet, address those "GUI" concerns. Thanks again!

Diane

Industry: Law Enforcement

iCohere's LMS is top-level and user-friendly. Employees are customer-oriented.

Pros

iCohere is easy to use in all phases of the system, including the customization. We have launched more than 20 courses in the past year and the process was smooth. Staff were readily available and provided assistance quickly.

Response from iCohere

Diane we so appreciate your review. It has been a great pleasure to see how fast ACA has ramped up -- over 30 sophisticated interactive new courses up & running in the first year -- Wow you & your team are amazing. Congratulations.

Deborah

Our very first annual conference with a live-streaming component and virtual attendees.

We had a great launch of our first annual meeting with a live streaming component. Everyone was happy with the result. Attendees were asking for even more sessions to be broadcast.

Pros

Users found it easy to use. The staff was made clear on what was expected from them. It was attractive and engaging to view.

Cons

Flexibility of the graphic design of the landing page. It is not inexpensive, but it is quality for what you pay.

Response from iCohere

Thanks so much for your review, Deb. Producing hybrid conferences is a fast-growing part of our business and we hope to do many more with the fine professional groups at Kellen.

Sue

August 2016

Great Tool for Peer Learning Teams!

For the past six years, we have used the iCohere platform for our national peer learning team program as a portal for participants to access team documents, colleagues contact information, event calendar, monthly webinars, emails, and more. It it fairly intuitive for our clients to use and us to administer. We also appreciative the responsiveness of iCohere to issues and improvement requests, as well as our ability to customize the interface. I'd recommend this tool for anyone interested in a "one-stop-shop" solution for online peer learning communities.

Pros

Multiple valuable, features, customization options, and ease of use.

Cons

A little bit of a learning curve on the administration side. Could be a little more flexible in terms of file/folder structure and rights, but iCohere has steadily made improvements in this area and continues to do so.

Response from iCohere

Thanks so much for this terrific review, Sue. Serving your team, and your team's clients, is a pleasure & privilege for us. We especially appreciate your comment about "steady improvement" -- we take pride in listening closely to our clients and steadily evolving our enterprise platform to fulfill the needs of all our clients. Thank you!

Linda

Excellent

This is an excellent product for developing eLearning without customized programming or a large staff. We did our first course (about 2 hours) in 3.5 months (including training on the iCohere program) with three people working about half-time and no special additional software. Now that iCohere allows us to convert webinar recordings to MP4 ourselves (it did not allow this when we started in April 2016), it's even more convenient. Be aware though, that if you're going to have a high-quality course with intermittent tests (rather than one big test at the end), the demo showing a course being put together in an hour is a bit deceptive. There are a lot of settings that need to be consistent, templates for introductions, test results, etc., that have to be developed, and more customization that needs to be done to make your course look professional. You should probably also ask "outsiders" to test it. As mentioned above, all that took three of us working about half-time over three months to develop a 2-hour course.

Pros

Flexibility to mix media (videos, etc.), add tests and course evaluations without a ton of additional software.

Cons

Although the program says it supports video files other than MP4, we couldn't get anything but MP4 to work.

Response from iCohere

Linda we so appreciate this great, detailed review! The MP4 download example is great -- it took some serious development effort to get us properly integrated with Webex APIs and get those downloads available on-demand within iCohere! We did that automation work to simplify the user experience for everyone. Also regarding course development -- we're sorry it took you longer than expected to create that first course, but are glad that now you've got a solid template to copy for your next courses. We are privileged to support the important work of IPEC-Americas and so appreciate your support.

Torrey

Industry: Mental Health Care

Excellent customer support and a great product!

Pros

iCohere is a very user-friendly LMS that offered exactly the technology we needed to launch our online training program. The customer support was particularly good - I would give that more than 5 stars if I could! iCohere was always available to talk us through any technical support questions we had, and to walk us through anything we needed to do to create or maintain our program.

Cons

There are only 2 suggestions I might make. First, the interface requires a lot of pop-up windows, which sometimes looked a little cluttered for people going through our online program. Second, the price was on the higher side, compared to some of their competitors - but access to iCohere's excellent customer support balances a lot of that out.

Response from iCohere

Thanks so much Torrey. It has been our privilege and pleasure to support the Beck Initiative's important work. Rest assured we're working hard on getting rid of those pop-up windows!

Ramaris

July 2016

A really amazing product!

The customer service was better than any other LMS I considered contracting! They provide an immense amount of support to be able to build the classes. The interface is very intuitive and I was able to figure out a lot independently. They provide a great deal of training around the modules for creating a very comprehensive interactive appealing course.

Pros

It's user friendly even for those who are not Tech savvy and incredible customer service!

Cons

This product really meet my needs for what I was looking for in an LMS.

Response from iCohere

Rami -- what a fantastic review and so very much appreciated. We take great pride in helping our clients ramp-up smoothly and quickly using the iCohere system. Supporting your university programs is a great pleasure and privilege for us. Thank you! ~Lance

Replied July 2016

I'm so glad to have finally discovered iCohere

In my current role and in previous jobs at other nonprofits, I have struggled with connecting members between in-person events. iCohere provides a comprehensive online platform, including webinar functionality, with which we can host hybrid and all virtual events and offer a year-round online experience that meets the specific needs of our community. We have just been using the "starter package" for the past few months, testing the basic features with a subset of our membership. We look forward to upgrading to the "all members package" and to rolling it out to our full membership next year. There is still a lot of work for me to do to develop our instance of the platform and to engage our members in a meaningful way, but I am confident that iCohere offers the tools, features, and support that will help us to make it happen.

Pros

The platform is full-featured. We don't have to use all the features, but we can use what makes sense for our users now and still have room to grow.

Cons

At the moment the basic design of the software is not as modern looking as I would like, but I know that the iCohere team continually updates the software and design will come along in time.

Response from iCohere

We so appreciate your feedback and such a great review, Mark. Supporting international executive organizations such as PPI is particularly valuable. It is great that we can partner to provide the tools you need to support your diverse global membership with webinars, communities and even virtual conferences. Thank you!

Replied November 2016