All Kahoot! Reviews

Rachel

11 - 50 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed May 2021

I can not say enough positive things!

Russell

E-Learning, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2019

Students love Kahoot! Teachers love Kahoot!

Creating engaging and exciting assessments for students so that I can check for understanding on key concepts.

PROS

Kahoot is a brilliant creation! If you teach in a one-to-one setting or have access to devices, you need to consider using Kahoot right away! Basically, it's a student assessment tool, but you it's a game-like setting, which makes it fun for the students. Here's why I love it: - First off, students love playing it! The friendly competition is engaging and they are always excited to share what they know in this game. - It's so easy to set up for teachers. You can create your own Kahoot question sets in a matter of minutes. In maybe 10 minutes you can create a fun, 10-20 question quiz game for your kids. Quick and easy! - You have the ability to obtain data on your kids! After the Kahoot, you know what your students do or don't know. And then you can use this data to reteach concepts they're struggling with. - They offer an online library where you can use other question sets created by other teachers. That's extremely handy! Just review what's been created beforehand to make sure it's appropriate for you kids. - It's always been reliable and worked. I can't say the same for other edtech tools that I consistently use. Kahoot's website just always works! - They recently offered a team mode which challenges students to collaborate on quizzes. This is a cool update, and I expect to see Kahoot to continue to be cutting edge with their product. - It's simple to get students "logged in." All that's required is for them to type in a link, enter a number, and add name.

CONS

I am a big fan of Kahoot, so I have nothing to complain about. I would just recommend users to use it wisely. If you want extremely reliable data with little error, you may want to choose another platform. Kahoot encourages students to think and answer quickly, and they may lead them to occasionally select the wrong answer by accident or because of the time feature. You obviously wouldn't use this for a unit test. Similarly, you probably wouldn't use this to pinpoint gaps for individual students. But it is helpful in getting a big picture of gaps of knowledge or trends, if that makes sense. This is also isn't the best tool for tracking data over a long period of time - this is a tool for quick assessments or check-ups. That's not a complaint about Kahoot, just an encouragement for you to use it appropriately!

Alper

Financial Services, 10,000+ employees

live quiz

PROS

It's a good app for make your lessons enjoyable. You can make quiz to students and they even want to to that.

CONS

Maybe there could be more visual entertainment.

Zahra

Arts and Crafts, 1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed May 2023

Kahoolawe is great for teachers and parents who are looking for a safe and educational platform

It’s been great

PROS

It’s kind of easy to use and it is a very educational and affective platform for learners

CONS

I wish it could be accessible without the internet and I wish that it had free options

Diane

E-Learning, 51-200 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed October 2020

Kahoot in a middle school classroom

I am a teacher with no budget, except my own $, and little time to experiment in the school year. I have a tech background of 15 years as a developer, so I can figure things out quickly. When I can't figure them out quickly, I move on. There are a lot of good, free tools out there. My major complaint with Kahoot was the students can't see the questions on their screen, and so they often click on the wrong color when answering. I have a range of cognitive abilities in my public school, and having the question and answers on the screen allows students to stay with the work.

PROS

I liked Kahoot initially because it was a fast-paced way to start class. Students loved the competitive nature of the game and the leaderboard. The music was fun too. It used to be fairly easy to create or find new kahoots to use for math as well.

CONS

My new students who are mostly remote this year had only used kahoot, so that was their favorite game. I went back in to my account and tried to create some new kahoots. Here is what I found difficult: 1. I was bombarded with offers to upgrade. 2. I couldn't use most kahoots in the library because they had features that weren't available to me. 3. It seems whatever I was initially trying to do, I was blocked or invited to upgrade.

Reason for choosing Kahoot!

I actually stopped using Kahoot and switched to Quizizz. I tried going back to it a little this year, but it is too time consuming.

nawar

Reviewed November 2023

Engagement

Joyful and a good way to mix fun and learning

PROS

The best thing about kahoot is the endless catalog of different themes to choose from to help choose what is right to engage the students.

CONS

Can sometimes make some of the students overly competetive but other than that it is mostly harmless fun!

Reason for choosing Kahoot!

Much more time put into Kahoot! and is a lot more mobile friendly

Logan

Music, 2-10 employees

Kahoot 4/5 Star

My teachers use it to teach a lot.

PROS

It is great for schools, teachers, students, friends and family to use for learning, having fun or even both.

CONS

That it has a price tag for all features but it isn't that expensive.

Amanda

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

From Usee to User

I went from using it through an employer, to using it in my everyday life for training purposes, helping the sales team, etc.

PROS

My workplace uses Kahoot in a variety of ways, and I like that it has multiple functionality that cna be customized.

CONS

Some additional buttons may be helpful, rather than shapes. Also - different language capabilities may be useful for the future.

Bohumil

Airlines/Aviation, 501-1,000 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed January 2024

Engaging and fun platform

PROS

Answering a quiz feels more like fun than work, it is very intuitive.

CONS

Nothing I can think of, the platform us just great.

Rizza Mae

Consumer Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Kahoot

Exceptional!

PROS

I like how user friendly is the platform is.

CONS

I think, sometimes the platform loads slowly

Caroline

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Kahoot! review

PROS

Kahoot hoped to my business to engage employees

CONS

Kahoot is a good software however the pricing is to high

marcos

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Learn easy by competing.

PROS

Its really easy to use. Also the gamification and the real time competition are key to engage your audiencia and make learning fun.

CONS

I cannot find anything wrong. Everything that it does, it does perfectly.

JON

Government Administration, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Kahoot works

PROS

Its easy to use with a very nice interface. Fun.

CONS

Hard to say, it does what is expected from it.

Jeremy

E-Learning, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Students Love Kahoot!

Students absolutely love Kahoot! Above any other study games or activities I would come up with, students loved Kahoot the most. I never really understood it because it just seems like a timed quiz to me, but hey, if it works it works!

PROS

Kahoot is very easy to setup, save, and modify preexisting ones. I personally never used other peoples kahoots but I did reuse my own kahoots over the couple year period I was teaching. This made it very easy to on-the-fly come up with a great study or knowledge-check activity.

CONS

Everyone seems to love the music but I find it quite annoying. I also wish there was a "force user sign in" option where students could just sign in with their school information including their name instead of either allowing them to come up with their own "names" which often lead to inappropriate names, or forcing them to use the random name generator which causes many arguments and students wanting to keep randomizing it until they got something they liked. It wouldn't need to include their full name, just a prompt for first name and last initial.

Reasons for switching to Kahoot!

Students love Kahoot and aren't a huge fan of google forms.

Ayesha

Fine Art, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed December 2022

Best for learning

I first tried this app in school when we had a test and we basically used this app for studying and reviewing and tbh after that I always use this software for learning especially when I am still in high school. I mean one of my fav learning style.

PROS

I love this software, the way you can teach students in a fun way.

CONS

I love this app especially growing up and going to school so I can’t find anything at all

Reasons for switching to Kahoot!

I mean it’s better cuz its easier to make flash cards

ROHIT

Reviewed July 2021

FOR QUIZ USE KAHOOT

Overall experience is good ,make learning awesome

PROS

Very easy to make quizzes, quiz are very engaging, questions are very relevant

CONS

Software is very slow, require a high capacity RAM to load

Reason for choosing Kahoot!

Kahoot! is a fantastic way to engage every single student - even remotely. Make Remote work more engaging

Reasons for switching to Kahoot!

I found this more engaging, we can keep track of students remotely, Customer Support is very easy.

Marco Jay

Telecommunications, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed May 2022

Great value for your money!

It's not that expensive, and it's definitely good value for your money if you need to have more people engage with you during their learning process. The tools are easy to navigate, and I had no problem with all of the functionality of the app.

PROS

This software helped me during training and refresher days. You don't really need a tutorial to actually navigate through the app since it's self-explanatory. It's a great value for your money, especially if you're teaching a big group of people.

CONS

There's an issue with the delay for some of my trainees since it requires a strong internet connection.

Reasons for switching to Kahoot!

There's a problem with the app's login sometimes, so for alternative software, I used the quizzes one.

Supun

Computer Software, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2019

A new trend of quizzes with Kahoot!

Kahoot is a platform developed to create online quizzes and assignments. We can make a list of questions using Kahoot and then create a game. In this game questions are given as multiple choice questions which has four choices for each question and we have to include that four answers when we creating the game. After creating the game Kahoot provide a pin code. Players can join to the game using that pin code. Players can give their answers using a smartphone or computer when the server is hosting the game. Result sheet can be obtained after finishing the game. This platform is widely used in our university to hold online quizzes on lecture times. I really like this because of the simplicity of the game and holding these types of quizzes saves our time lot. I recommend using this in small events because this can be a fantastic experience.

PROS

Kahoot included many features to attract people to their platform. It has attractive user interface on their website. This makes our work easier either we creating a game or playing a game. Kahoot made our quizzes and assignments more joyful to do when compared with traditional way of writing quizzes and assignments. This saves our time lot. Since the results of the game generated automatically after finishing the game, this helps lecturers as well. No time waste for correcting and marking answer sheets. Another good feature I saw is that the correct answer of each question will be shown after answering the question. Other than the correct answer, detailed information about the answers given from the community is shown with relevant number of choices for each answer with a bar graph. After the game we can see the top three players who scored most. Other rankings can be found through the result sheet. These features are really fascinating.

CONS

I have found some issues when using this platform. We need good internet connection to use Kahoot. I am disconnected few times when using this. But this is not a fault of Kahoot. Questionnaire must be re-started if the sever faced any connection problem. Only the symbols related to the answers will be shown on players’ display. Sometimes this can be messing watching relevant symbol again and again before confirming answer. Only multiple choice questions can be included into the question list. I think it will be more useful if they include more answering formats such as text answers. Sometimes one person that needs to play the game may not have any device to play. However these types of issues are very rare on these days since everyone have their own smartphone with good internet connection.

Grace