• Pros

• "This product was amazing to use in a whole group co-taught classroom. Students showed their understanding through the game while having fun! The variety of activities on Kahoot is amazing. "

• "I love the ease of use for this product! The Kahoot creator is user friendly and allows my team of teachers to create content for their classes in an efficient way. "

• "I love Kahoot, it is so easy to use for studying and for just having fun. I use it all the time to study for my tests for school."

• Cons

• "While it's great for live events, I'm not sure how useful it is for learning on people's own time. It would be hard for administrators to keep track of scores."

• "Nothing specific to mention. Sometimes connection problem makes a mess. One pros is you need to connect each time and you will be considered as a new joiner. Making it complex to count the marks."

• "Not much bad to say about this software, my only complaint is that it sometimes glitches and if a student accidentally presses the wrong answer, there is no way to correct it! "

Browse Kahoot! Reviews

Supun from University of Jaffna

A new trend of quizzes with Kahoot!

Kahoot is a platform developed to create online quizzes and assignments. We can make a list of questions using Kahoot and then create a game. In this game questions are given as multiple choice questions which has four choices for each question and we have to include that four answers when we creating the game. After creating the game Kahoot provide a pin code. Players can join to the game using that pin code. Players can give their answers using a smartphone or computer when the server is hosting the game. Result sheet can be obtained after finishing the game. This platform is widely used in our university to hold online quizzes on lecture times. I really like this because of the simplicity of the game and holding these types of quizzes saves our time lot. I recommend using this in small events because this can be a fantastic experience.

Pros

Kahoot included many features to attract people to their platform. It has attractive user interface on their website. This makes our work easier either we creating a game or playing a game. Kahoot made our quizzes and assignments more joyful to do when compared with traditional way of writing quizzes and assignments. This saves our time lot. Since the results of the game generated automatically after finishing the game, this helps lecturers as well. No time waste for correcting and marking answer sheets. Another good feature I saw is that the correct answer of each question will be shown after answering the question. Other than the correct answer, detailed information about the answers given from the community is shown with relevant number of choices for each answer with a bar graph. After the game we can see the top three players who scored most. Other rankings can be found through the result sheet. These features are really fascinating.

Cons

I have found some issues when using this platform. We need good internet connection to use Kahoot. I am disconnected few times when using this. But this is not a fault of Kahoot. Questionnaire must be re-started if the sever faced any connection problem. Only the symbols related to the answers will be shown on players’ display. Sometimes this can be messing watching relevant symbol again and again before confirming answer. Only multiple choice questions can be included into the question list. I think it will be more useful if they include more answering formats such as text answers. Sometimes one person that needs to play the game may not have any device to play. However these types of issues are very rare on these days since everyone have their own smartphone with good internet connection.

Miss from School/College

Best Learning Tool

I absolutely love Kahoot because it is a highly interactive platform that allows for learning to be fun. It keeps students interested in learning and also allows for the teachers to be able to create reviews in an easy and effective way. Kahoot is easy to use and definitely a great value for the money. Overall, a great experience.

Pros

Kahoot is a platform with a friendly user interface, which makes it extremely fun to use. I use this program in a lot of my classes, as it is definitely a fan favorite. Students are more engaged when it comes to learning due to how interactive a platform Kahoot is. After inputting questions based on the unit covered in class, Kahoot generates a pin that students are able to enter into the Kahoot website in order to join the game. While the game is in session, they are able to choose a color that corresponds to the answer choices on the board. Students get really excited because everyone wants to be on the leaderboard at the end of the game. Doing review questions in class without Kahoot is a hassle because nobody wants to answer the questions in fear of being wrong. However, with Kahoot, everyone is able to participate and it makes the classroom setting more lively. I especially love how Kahoot provides a graph of the student answers after they are submitted because teachers can see if how many students had trouble understanding a certain concept. This allows the teacher to explain the question further for not only the students who are having difficulty with it but also for the rest of the students in the class. Kahoot also allows students to be at different places, but still, be able to play the game which is extremely helpful during this pandemic because most students are engaged in online learning.

Cons

While there was little to dislike about this platform, it definitely has room for improvement. For example, if students press a wrong answer by mistake while playing the game, they are not able to go back and change it before the time is up. Additionally, a feature allowing for players to submit text answers rather than just multiple choice would be extremely helpful.

Reasons for Switching to Kahoot!

I made the switch from Quizizz to Kahoot because it allows everyone to be on the same question at the same time, unlike Quizizz.

Joshua from Kimberly Area School District

Fun, Engaging Learning Tool

Kahoot! is a nice product that helps keep learners engaged. I wouldn't say--in my own personal opinion, of course--that it is the best tool of its kind out there, but they definitely were pioneers in this field and deserve your attention. It's more than worth a look, but be sure to check out other options as well, if for no other reason that to have multiple tools in your belt. Variety is always nice!

Pros

The obvious best feature of Kahoot! is how it gamifies learning. Just by adding a timer and points, players are more engaged and focused on learning the content and showcasing understanding. The ability to search user-created Kahoot!s (quizzes, polls, etc.) is incredible. I don't have to spend time creating all of my games, I can instead search by keyword to see if a user has already create a relevant game that I can utilize. Games made by Kahoot! staff or certified experts are especially useful, making it easier to find a "professional" game that is age appropriate and of high-quality.

Cons

Game creation is pretty straightforward, but it can be confusing at first. More visible or accessible training would be appreciated for new users. Also, it would be nice if "student" users had the ability to share their Kahoot! with others. My students make some awesome games sometimes, but they can't share them with me so I can run them live in front of my class. Als, it's petty, but I miss when I wasn't getting constant offers to upgrade to paid versions. The free version is amazing and comes with more than enough features to work with. I don't fault the developers for trying to increase their profit, but the constant advertisements make navigating the site irritating at times.

Fun Interactive Game

Pandemic has made our companies monthly to quarterly meeting including events lame because everything has to be virtual but when we started using Kahoot every online event, the online programs became more interactive and fun. I am working at a bank and every event and meetings we have instead of renting a big place for everyone to gather and enjoy pandemic made us celebrate on each branches so we didnt get to have fun with other people from other branches, that was before Kahoot, now everyone is competitive to win on Kahoot games because our company bosses would send prizes for the winners.

Pros

The best feature i think s the interaction from different places at the same time. Also it's unbelievable that results are finalized real time, it is only a matter of internet speed for each of the participants.

Cons

I hope the developers can add a feature where the host can formulate and customize questions. Aside from that new other games would for sure excite the users more.

Reasons for Switching to Kahoot!

It (Google Forms) doesn't show real time results for everyone and cant be played live while on video.

Kahoot Explored

Kahoot has brought listener response to the next level as users are hooked with its interactive display and game mode setting. Users and administrators love it because it gives instant feedback from listeners.

Pros

Kahoot is a highly interactive way to assess knowledge using a game format. It brings out excitement with its users as the users feel they are playing a game rather than reviewing essential material. It is very easy to use, and allows the users to get immediate responses and feedback from their intended audience. The software allows the user to build a question and offer four possible answers. the user can assign a certain amount of time to each question. Students, or users get to earn points based on their correct answers and the speed at which they answered it.

Cons

There is not o function to measure open response questions. The software is limited to only multiple choice or true and false. Also, sometimes those interacting with it aim for speed over right answers.

Reasons for Switching to Kahoot!

Students and those in the audience enjoy kahoot more. Nearpod is more traditional in its function and setup. It feels very rigid and academic while Kahoot does the same function in an enjoyable way.

Edgar from Skyview High School

Instant Fun and Functionality

As doing a lot of school marketing, my focus on giving the students what they enjoy and think is "cool" is important to me. Constant games of Kahoot! gave me create ideas and information on how to plan and help with our homecoming week! It keeps students interested and gives them a good time, and I get to work behind the scenes to give out school the best image in the area.

Pros

It is so easy to create Kahoot! games, however big or detailed you want to make the game. There are plenty of options to customize your creations, and can creatively be put to use. This software is a very effective tool in polling the students of a high school, and collecting useful data from them about decisions we make marketing in the school. Obviously, there is a great use in the software for playing fun and educational games too.

Cons

Kahoot moves fast, and the dropout rate from games is limiting in having consistent data. A lot of players can slow down the games trying to load.

Reasons for Choosing Kahoot!

Teenagers love Kahoot, and it only takes a couple minutes of their time and gets it all done in one go. With a survey, students will forget about it later

George from JMCG

Amazing product for company onboarding and training!

Amazing, they truly make training easier and more engaging

Pros

It’s so easy to set up and requires no effort from employees (in my case not all of them are tech savvy and it’s a great relief to avoid excessive installation instructions). We transferred our entire onboarding presentations to Kahoot! as well as created a bunch of work safety quizzes. Employees are happy, trainers are relieved :)

Cons

It would be great if we can choose our own feature list tailored to our company needs, as currently we’re paying for the top tier plan that gives us huge player limits even though we only have 40 people in our team; but we can’t downgrade as we need some extra features included in the top tier plan

Reasons for Switching to Kahoot!

Slides require trainers to be really good at engaging the trainers as well as requires multiple checkups on every trainee when it comes to final tests. Kahoot reports and ability to assign personalised tailored follow up courses is much better for my team

Lael from SolidxBape

Industry: Broadcast Media

Great for trivia and other stuff like that.

It was a decent app it is popular but it has a lot of flaws

Pros

It is real time so no lag and problems like that.

Cons

Kahoot has a lack of features and the person who setups up the game has to show their screen to others for the answer options. It is also very vulnerable of spam and attacks like spam bots, answer cheats and other things. the security could be better.

Reasons for Switching to Kahoot!

Because it is better and you don't have to use a giant display for everyone to see the answer choices

A fun way to make quizes for the class

I think this tool has helped a lot in the learning process of many courses.

Pros

This tool is dynamic and fun, the image and the song are very friendly to the users.

Cons

I think one unlikely feature is that you cannot change your answer once you chose an option. And also the question doesn't appear on the students' screen.

Reasons for Choosing Kahoot!

You can use it for free, it is very dynamic and fun.

Joan from Flash Projects

Industry: Photography

Funcionalidad

En general nuestra experiencia con este software a sido muy divertida haciendo el trato con nuestros empleados o nuestros clientes en cursos o reuniones haya sido mas divertida.

Pros

Lo que mas nos gusta del software es que es muy innovador, fácil de utilizar y que no es necesario instalar ninguna app para poder participar en las partidas creadas, únicamente tienes que acceder a un enlace introducir el nombre de la partida y el nombre y ya puedes participar.

Cons

Una de las desventajas que no nos ha gustado son problemas técnicos de conexión o la limitada personalización de algunos aspectos como la música del juego o los colores. Pero por lo demás todo perfecto.

Reasons for Choosing Kahoot!

Elegimos Kahoot por las ventajas que ofrecía.

Mark A. from St. Pius X Regional School

I Used to Absolutely Love Kahoot...But Now???

Kahoot is absolutely incredible for review of content knowledge, assessments for learning and delivery of content instruction. Kahoot is fun and engaging. I only wish It had a better interface with google classroom.

Pros

I absolutely loved Kahoot. Interactive games for the students with almost total engagement was really a huge part of my in-person reviews and assessments, both for learning and of learning! Kahoot has such an ease of use and many many shared Kahoot games to discover listed by grade, topic, subject and in some cases, even textbook. There is very little need to generate new content as there is so much available. A teacher can edit and tailor the games to the teacher's needs or use one just as is. I definitely suggest previewing it first as some content is student generated and might not be as accurate as needed for instruction. Kahoot can also be launched using google classroom and has useful report feature as well. Kahoot was a very valuable tool in my teacher's bag of tricks.

Cons

For in-person learning, Kahoot was great! But, everything change with COVID 19 Quarantine teaching. Very generously, the kahoot folks upgraded my subscription, so I was able to use more functions. It was very kind of them as most of the world struggled to keep education going for the last few months of the school year. Kahoot really stepped up and educators everywhere I am sure are grateful. Now in hybrid model teaching, Kahoot's reports do not interface with google classroom. Also Kahoot doesn't take users directly from google classrooms. Essentially there is no way to verify who is actually playing a kahoot game and no way to track it using google classroom. A teacher can launch a game with google classroom, but after that, the teacher is in the dark. Another drawback to Kahoot is it's complete anonymity. Students are able to post hurtful, hateful and inappropriate nicknames. This makes it very hard to manage a game and really takes the fun out of it. What I really like least about Kahoot is that I reached out to them on several occasions to ask them to update or improve Kahoot with these features and interfaces with google classroom. At this point, I believe Kahoot is not interested in entertaining my suggestions. What a shame! Consequently, I very rarely use Kahoot for virtual and Hybrid learning. Sadly, other colleagues have done the same. I am hopeful that when we return to full in-person learning, I will be able to again use Kahoot.

Reasons for Choosing Kahoot!

Kahoot offered a free upgrade during quarantine instruction.

Kyle from Kyle K Yim Films

The Best Way To Teach Students: A Competition

Kahoot is one of the best tools teachers can have for their students. It not only works for young elementary schoolers but also with college students as well. It's simple design allows for users to easily access it while at the same time learning or reviewing something. Kahoot does need some improvements but as it stands, Kahoot could make a boring day in class a little more entertaining and engaging, especially if there were a prize towards the winners, which was basically the motives to all the middle-schoolers I helped teach for a day.

Pros

Kahoot has been a staple feature in many public schools throughout the past 6 years. Kahoot allows boring quizzes to become a fun competition against your peers and classmates. Although it has a very simple concept, it's bright colors, catchy music, and point system makes it seem more like you're on a game show rather than powering through a test that no one wanted to take. Since most people have some sort of device sitting in their pockets that connects to the internet, accessing Kahoot is as simple as going to the website and entering a code. Also allowing people to choose their own names is a fun way for people to express humor (although sometimes it can be an issue). Because so many teachers use Kahoot as a way to review what their students have learned, there are a variety of different topics and quizzes to choose from. You don't have to manually type and make your own Kahoot if your subject is somewhat commonly taught. And having such a massive library of quizzes ranging from "Name That Disney Princess" to "Name The Capitals of These States" allows for variation between subjects. So Kahoot can be a learning tool as well as a fun little break for students.

Cons

In all honesty, Kahoot does not have too much to improve upon. Its website is user friendly and straightforward. However, I do have some suggestions for improvements. My first would be to add more music or allow the choice of using a selection of songs that have the proper copyright claims or are copyright free. Although catchy, it can become old a little quicker if the same song is played for every quiz. My second would be to add more than just a quiz. One of my ideas was to have one student step up to the classroom smartboard/projector and have all the other students turn around or close their eyes. The student would then be given a word/words that relate to the subject. Once the student knows what their word/words are all the other students would turn around or open their eyes and the student upfront would have to draw whatever word/words they got. The drawing would be projected on the screen and the other students have to type whatever they think the answer is. The fastest correct answer gets the most points. I feel like Kahoot is a great idea but should have more content. Nevertheless, Kahoot is always going to be a great activity for anyone.

Russell from FusionSPEDtech

Students love Kahoot! Teachers love Kahoot!

Creating engaging and exciting assessments for students so that I can check for understanding on key concepts.

Pros

Kahoot is a brilliant creation! If you teach in a one-to-one setting or have access to devices, you need to consider using Kahoot right away! Basically, it's a student assessment tool, but you it's a game-like setting, which makes it fun for the students. Here's why I love it: - First off, students love playing it! The friendly competition is engaging and they are always excited to share what they know in this game. - It's so easy to set up for teachers. You can create your own Kahoot question sets in a matter of minutes. In maybe 10 minutes you can create a fun, 10-20 question quiz game for your kids. Quick and easy! - You have the ability to obtain data on your kids! After the Kahoot, you know what your students do or don't know. And then you can use this data to reteach concepts they're struggling with. - They offer an online library where you can use other question sets created by other teachers. That's extremely handy! Just review what's been created beforehand to make sure it's appropriate for you kids. - It's always been reliable and worked. I can't say the same for other edtech tools that I consistently use. Kahoot's website just always works! - They recently offered a team mode which challenges students to collaborate on quizzes. This is a cool update, and I expect to see Kahoot to continue to be cutting edge with their product. - It's simple to get students "logged in." All that's required is for them to type in a link, enter a number, and add name.

Cons

I am a big fan of Kahoot, so I have nothing to complain about. I would just recommend users to use it wisely. If you want extremely reliable data with little error, you may want to choose another platform. Kahoot encourages students to think and answer quickly, and they may lead them to occasionally select the wrong answer by accident or because of the time feature. You obviously wouldn't use this for a unit test. Similarly, you probably wouldn't use this to pinpoint gaps for individual students. But it is helpful in getting a big picture of gaps of knowledge or trends, if that makes sense. This is also isn't the best tool for tracking data over a long period of time - this is a tool for quick assessments or check-ups. That's not a complaint about Kahoot, just an encouragement for you to use it appropriately!

Ryan from Temple University

Great classroom interactivity booster

While Kahoot! may be one of those things that instructors might get tired of quickly, students almost always seem to enjoy using it--and there has been at least one academic study that confirms students never seem to get tired of the competition aspect of Kahoot! It almost always gets positive reviews in my classes, and so I will continue to rely on it as long as it remains free.

Pros

If you are looking for a way to liven up classroom discussions and participations, and you haven't given Kahoot! a try, you really do owe it to yourself to test it out. Students really seem to enjoy the competitive aspect of the system, and using their smartphones as "buzzers" to answer questions. The gameplay itself can be highly customized (they recently added a number of updates and new features, including new music choices to play while students are thinking); I have used Kahoot! to facilitate exam reviews, and colleagues have used it to run reinforcement "drills" for topics ranging from bivariate correlation to identifying bacteria.

Cons

Using your smartphone as an answering device takes some getting used to, as you have to match shapes (e.g., tap on a button with a circle to choose an answer marked with a circle) to choose your answer instead of a more "traditional" choice like A/B/C/D. Some instructors also don't care for the fact that students can choose their own username and anything goes, which can make it challenging to figure out who is responding/winning. There is also the tiniest learning curve when it comes to customization, but after a couple of uses, it's quite easy to configure.

David from Agrupamento de Escolas Alcaides de Faria

Kahoot! Fundamental in all classrooms

Today it would be unthinkable to teach without Kahoot's help! and the application became the center of all my teaching activity. In fact, in recent years, I believe that there has been a real revolution in the way we teach and learn, thanks to these types of applications that have brought the game into the classroom. With these tools, students today learn much more and more quickly!

Pros

I use Kahoot! for a long time and the application quickly became essential in my classes, mainly because my students find it fantastic and are always waiting to participate in another game. With its use, learning has become much more fluid, simple and efficient. Almost all students learn much more quickly if we use Kahoot !, while greatly reducing bad behavior and inattention in class. Kahoot! it can also be used in e-learning which is an added advantage in these times when we can be teaching from home.

Cons

Compared to other applications, Kahoot! it can have the defect that all students are taking the same quiz with the same questions at the same time, since the questions are asked on the projector screen. However, this fact also allows for greater competitiveness and student involvement.

Daniel from Mable

Kahoot: The Interactive Quiz Game

Overall, Kahoot is a fresh way to conduct surveys and presentations and I think that it has a lot of potential. I highly recommend businesses to try out Kahoot and see how fun it is.

Pros

While most people associate Kahoot with school, Kahoot is a fun and interactive way to present information, even in a business setting. Kahoot is surprisingly versatile and can be used for research, business training etc. The simplicity of Kahoot is very appealing both for the creator and players. One of the best things is that the player do not require a Kahoot account; all they need is the game pin. Not only this, Kahoot can also collect open ended answers which can be very useful at times, especially when doing market research. The Pro version is great because it comes with templates, quick polls and puzzles. For business use, you can create a presentation with interactive questions sprinkled throughout, which really adds a fun level of interactivity to the presentation.

Cons

Occasionally, there can be issues if the internet connection is poor which is rather annoying as it can cause disconnections. Kahoot can also be somewhat limiting if you want to make more complicated questions because of the strict character limit.

Easy to Use

It works well for educational settings and you can't beat free! I prefer other products for a more professional look (but they are limited to 40 responses for free) and use another similar product instead now due to answer choices appearing on student devices and ability to create lessons.

Pros

Kahoot is easy for anyone to use and set up everything from Review sessions to birthday quizzes.

Cons

Having to view the choices on main screen and then select them on personal devices was awkward.

I didn't.

Reasons for Switching to Kahoot!

Free plan number of responses

Florian from floffi.media

The highlight of every class

While students feel like they are playing a game and compete with each other, Kahoot! brings great benefits for teachers as well. They can see which topics their students have already grasped and which topics they still struggle with. Since it’s anyonymous, it provides much better feedback than direct conversation. It’s great fun for everyone and the highlight of every class.

Pros

Kahoot! makes learning something feel like playing a game. Almost everyone can take part – given that they have a device and a stable internet connection, which might be a challenge in settings like large conferences. The UI is simple, friendly and fun. Question types range from simply yes/no questions to more complicated ones, where both questions and answers can be based on images. The latter one is very useful in a mathematical context. All in all, there is almost no scenario of classrom interaction that couldn’t be replicated with Kahoot!

Cons

There used to be one major issue that I had with Kahoot! It was that every player was able choose their own name. Depending on how mature the audience was, there were people who regularly saw this as an opportunity to troll and offend everyone by injecting slurs and insults. Kahoot! has responded to this issue and started to offer a nickname generator which automatically produces friendly names for everyone. I think that’s a great move and it should be the default setting for every game.

HARSIMRAN from Kfc

Kahoot Review

Overall Kahoot is a very useful software. I would definitely recommend to anyone try to teach an audience that is Grade 12 or younger to any grade that can understand the concept of a quiz. This is very useful for a teacher who is trying to engage the students more because it has a lot of visuals and sounds that help with that. It could use some minor fixes but overall it's a great software especially for teaching and making quizzes fun and killing time by exploring the countless trivia from all the different categories to chose from.

Pros

This software is very useful for teaching and learning. It's a fun way to learn and teach. My teachers have used it plenty of times in past for quizzes and to just have fun with the class. This software makes it easy and fun to do quizzes, especially to a younger audience (Grade 2 - Grade 12). There are plenty of quizzes to chose from and there are a lot of different categories as well. You can also make your own quiz and customize to your liking all you want from how much time the students have to answer the question and to the visuals you would like to add etc. You can also add your own music as well. It is very useful in the field of education.

Cons

This software could be somewhat of a challenge for a teacher who is new to technology meaning the user interface could use a bit of a touch up to make it easier for the user to host a quiz. Another con I have noticed throughout my several years of use of this software is that it is very easy to disrupt a quiz by adding bots to your session that can range from having inappropriate nicknames to simply crashing your session due to the sheer size of users in the sessions. This could be prevented by some sort of security check or captcha to not allow any bots to get through.

Catherine from East Valley High School

Quality Classroom Review Tool

Kahut was a great tool used regularly for classroom engagement in reviewing materials. It was affective and students enjoyed using it almost as if it were just a game, not reviewing their lesson materials. I would recommend every educator, especially secondary educators, looking to using Kahoot in the classrooms.

Pros

Kahoot is a software product that is used frequently in my classroom because it allows students to interact in real time with review material and compete against their peers. Classroom engagement is one of the most important aspects of teaching, and especially in a post Covid environment it is really important to increase engagement in learning person to have been impacted by quarantine. Kahoot makes it possible for Teachers to build their own reviews, which I recommend, but it also allows teachers to use material that is already in the cloud. I would highly recommend educators, especially of secondary students who have their own electronic devices, to use Kahoot in their classrooms.

Cons

Some of the premade material on Kahoot Is rather elementary so it is my recommendation that educators build their own material and reviews for their classroom content instead of using but it’s already programmed in by other teachers. Tailoring the software to your own classroom meets is going to make this software the most successful.

Shane from Greenville County Schools

Educator - middle school science and Instructional Technology Facilitator

Pros

Kahoot is definitely a fun way to engage your kids in questions that relate to your content. It's easy and quick to use. There's a database with tons of question sets created by other teachers, and it's simple to access these sets and use that game in your class. If you can't find what you're looking for, you can also create your own which takes very little time. It's easy for students to get into the game - no hoops to jump through. It's also a reliable webpage and interface. I've never had students stalled from accessing their website, so that's definitely helpful. Kahoot also provides you with formative data. Obviously, you wouldn't use the scores as a test grade, but it gives you an idea about student strengths, weaknesses, and gaps in knowledge. You can then use this information moving forward. The environment that's created in your class is just great, but you use it wisely. You can't play Kahoot right before kids are expected to walk quietly in the hallway or read quietly and independently. :)

Cons

Due to the game-like environment it creates, you can't extensively rely on the data gathered from the assessment. Nor can you track individual growth over periods of time. But there are other tools designed for that, so just use Kahoot appropriately.

Kelsie from Kansas State University

Go-To Lesson Activity!

I used Kahoot at least one time each lesson to review vocabulary words, complete fill-in-the-blank questions, and review cultural concepts presented in the lesson. I use the results of this fun quiz-game activity to determine wether the students have mastered key concepts of the lesson or not and I make decisions on future lessons based on that data.

Pros

I love how easy this software is to navigate as a teacher and it's even more intuitive for students. You are able to create your own interactive quiz games to fit your lesson plans, or you can search for games already made by other teachers on the same topic. I have taken advantage of that feature several times when I was lesson planning on a time crunch. You are also able to use fun pictures and the software plays fun game-show music that really contributes to a fun learning environment. Another amazing feature Kahoot offers is an option to look through the results of the quiz game when it is over in order to determine which students have mastered certain concepts and which still need more practice. It helps me greatly with the pacing of my lessons.

Cons

The only complaint I have about this software is that students are allowed to chose their own name. I do like that students are given that freedom, but not all students chose the most appropriate names. So, I would love to see an "assigned name" option for classes that may not handle the freedom to chose their own name as well as others.

Andrew from KPRDSB

Kahoot! Making Learning a game show!

Students can be assessed for/as learning through Kahoot! in a fun way, they can use their own device through the Kahoot! app to enter their responses. Kahoot! should be part of any iPad/Desktop image for School Boards.

Pros

This software allows me to easily engage my students through a multiple choice questions delivered in a game show ambiance. I use it on my classroom's Smartboard and students from grade 9 to 12 love it. They often enquire on when the next Kahoot! will be. Being able to integrate images and videos really brings the questions to life. I love that I am able to search for content created by other professionals and duplicate/modify it, a real time saver.

Cons

Some of the organisational aspects of the Kahoot web site is reserved to paying customers although the student experience isn't limited by the free version. I wish there was a way of rating the Kahoots created by others as sometimes the quality of the created content can be off. You have to verify the content before using it with your students. Like all software that points to YouTube videos, sometimes the links can be dead. I would love to see a greater variety of game modes that recycle the question bank. I would also like to see an option to evaluate students in a more formal style through the software.

Gabriela from Panera

Industry: Food Production

Kahoot!

My overall experience with Kahoot is always amazing! Everytime I use it I always do better on my exams, which improves my overall grade in the class! I highly recommend Kahoot and I will continue to use this software.

Pros

A feature that I love about Kahoot is that not everything has to be a competition, this software can be broken down into groups, which is super helpful. This software is really easy to use and I also love that my grades has been improving with this because my professor uses Kahoot to review before an exam, which helps me do better during the exams! I absolutely love this so much!

Cons

One feature I hope to improve in the future is that Kahoot needs Wifi in order to participate, but all schools usually have Wifi so It does not bother me at all. Also, it is understandable that this sotware needs wifi. I still love using this and always recommend this to all my professors when using a software to review exams.

Linda from CLB Global Services, Inc.

Great formative assessment!

As a teacher and corporate trainer, I enjoy using this product because my students enjoy participating in it and I get immediate feedback regarding student understanding. I can adjust my lesson plans based on student responses. Kahoot games are also useful as a pre-test or review.

Pros

Kahoot is a great tool for teachers and trainers to use in the classroom to assess knowledge and check understanding. Students can use any mobile device to respond to multiple choice questions. What I like is that they don't have to download app to use it. This activity is fun in all sorts of educational environments from the traditional classroom to corporate training. The "team" mode helps students to collaborate on their answers.

Cons

I don't like the discussion feature because it is still a multiple answer choice for the student. I would like it if the students were able to add an original answer and the class could view the responses to begin a class discussion.

Lisa from East Aurora Schools

Kahoot - Fast Paced Fun in the Classroom

Kahoot! allows you to review material in a fun and interactive way that works across learning platforms and helps connect virtual an in person learners.

Pros

My students love Kahoot! They yell and cheer when I announce a Kahoot! Kahoot! offers a fun and engaging way to involve all learners (in person and remote). Students don't even know that they are learning! It is easy to search available Kahoots or to make your own. Kahoot! also makes it easy to share lessons among users in your district. Kahoot! makes it easy to import image, video, and sound files to perk up your Kahoot!

Cons

For what it is, I do find it pricey. There are other game based programs that are cheaper, but I like Kahoot! the best.

Reasons for Choosing Kahoot!

Ease of use, familiarity with prooduct

Isabella from UGA

One of the most versatile and useful tools for teachers

I have been using kahoot for about 2 years now, and it made my life a lot easier and my students a lot happier! They love playing kahoot, so it has been a great motivation for them in my class.

Pros

Being a teacher takes a lot of creativity in order to keep students interested in your class. They have to feel like learning is fun, otherwise, they start getting distracted. Kahoot makes our lives a lot easier since they provide us with a platform that allows us to insert any kind of content of any subject, and turn it into a fun game or a competition among students. it can be used as a very efficient tool for content reviews, feedback, concept-checking, etc. It is really easy to use, instructions are very clear for beginners, and you will get it quickly. In addition to creating original quizzes, you can use other people's quizzes (when they are set up to be public) or you can copy them and change whatever you want so that it will be adapted to your students' needs. I highly recommend the use of this website (and the app) for pedagogical purposes, and - why not? - to have fun with friends and family in an informal gathering.

Cons

It could have some more options for different games.

SANJAY from Recodenow

Best Gamified Learning Platform

I have done 10+ Events with Kahoot, just to make the event more interactive by making the live Quiz game, and every time it added a lot of value to my session. I haven't explored the new features but still the Quiz on is my favorite and the customer support is really great.

Pros

The best platform to make learning fun, Especially the Quiz sections. The level of customization you can do on the platform is really great. This is the major feature I like. Kahoot+ & Drops is an amazing way to do collaborate and learn a new language. Can use this for training in the institution very effectively using Kahoot.

Cons

When comes to subscription it's bit expensive, and loading takes time, would prefer a fast loading mostly. Though you can do most of the customization free version limits users in trying the new features. The new product update blog is great but would prefer step by step instructions.

“ Kahoot reach students via distance learning “

Overall Kahoot is advantageous to both teachers and students. Kahoot is amazing as students can learn while playing. Using this software is the best way to reach students especially during the quarantine period. Also, it gives a kind of freedom for students to learn from the home without bounding to the tight schedule. Kahoot is a simple software that can get access to anyone easily.

Pros

In point of view, this Kahoot software gives a lot of benefits when it comes to distance learning. Because of its flexibility, it gives kind of free learning outside the high school. As it can easily accessible anyone can use it and engage in the learning process through the learning processes in the schools and universities are declined due to epidemic situations or anything else. Its colorful background motivates me to keep learning happily. Kahoot inspires students to make their own Kahoots by convincing them of challenges. It tempts to build leaders among students while doing those stuff. though it is a kind of distance learning, it enables the student to build up relationships with each other within the community while engaging the learning process. As this software is free anyone can use it. This Kahoot software is the best solution to generate quizzes and distribute among students while keeping student-teacher connection outside the classroom. This software is convenient and easy to use when basics are known. Hence it is important to students like me as I’m unable to use quite difficult software. I’m so happy about this software and I highly recommended this software.

Cons

Sometimes this software is lagging while using when the internet connection slows down as it requires a fast internet connection to proceed. It uses a lot of time when producing our own quizzes and limitation of the characters when answering are the only downsides I noticed about this software.

Roberta from Our Lady of Guadalupe

Excited Learning

My experience and the experience of my teachers who tried Kahoot has been very positive. The children really love the program, it is easy to get them into a secure setting with a code and the multiple choice format and the speed of the game really keeps them focused and having a great time. If you like fast paced, this is the program to use especially with middle school. The younger children below grade 4 were quickly frustrated as they take longer to process the questions and responses. The older children could not have enjoyed this more.

Pros

The students can not get enough of this program. We have it installed on the iPads and the children beg to compete with each other and don't even realize they are reviewing their classwork! The excitement in the classroom is above and beyond what I experienced at their ages. Easy to use, a wealth of pre-made Kahoots to choose from, or make up your own and save for later, this program is a program to experience. The children suggested Kahoots be used as quizzes.

Cons

I never had enough time to sit and make up my own Kahoots. With the daily routine of in class instruction I needed a lot of time to compose and save my work which I did not always have. Younger children below grade 4 could become frustrated with the speed of the game.

Julie from City of St. Charles School District

Kahoot! What a hoot!

The user has the choice of using the free version or upgraded versions. I am happy to use the free version, but the next tiers do offer tempting features such as illustration, fill-in-the-blank questions, and more.

Pros

This platform is just so flexible! Whether you want to quickly use a Kahoot! made by another user or create your own, you can accomplish just about any learning objective you want to. I usually look first for existing Kahoots and then edit them to fit my needs. If there are no ready-to-play games, I put together my own in just minutes. My students are much more likely to engage in learning when it's in a fun and active format such as Kahoot! I have literally never heard my students complain when I announce we are going to play.

Cons

I really have no complaints. You will be successful using these games whether you are tech-savvy or not, and the students almost always ask for more. One thing to be aware of is that the existing games were created by the public. You may or may not be satisfied with the formatting, level of difficulty, or correctness of any particular game. If you want to use a game but disagree with a couple of details, you can edit most games to fit your needs.

Shayna from Williamsburg-James City County Public Schools

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Makes Learning More Engaging for Students and Colleagues Alike

Kahoot! is a great tool that educators at all levels can use to increase engagement and invite full participation from their classes. The spirit of friendly competition ensures that every stays involved, and the data is helpful for assessing which students are understanding a concept and who needs additional help. It's not hard to create custom Kahoot! sessions and is relatively easy for most students with access to basic technology to use. I highly recommend incorporating Kahoot! for assessments, engagement and review in the classroom.

Pros

I love that Kahoot! is an engaging way to liven up lessons for my students as well as professional development for colleagues. Watching the responses helps me assess understanding and change course if necessary to ensure all learners stay in the loop. Incorporating any kind of technology is generally enthusiastically welcomed by today's students, and Kahoot! offers a simple and effective format for technology-based lesson design.

Cons

My only concern is that there is always that one person in every group who can't even dial a landline phone, let alone use an app or website to respond to questions in real time. They get frustrated when they can't participate in a Kahoot! activity. That's the only drawback I have encountered.

James from West Windsor Plainsboro Regional School District

The students love it and they leagerly learn

The quizzes help to keep the students focused. The competitive aspect helps students stay on track and they listen closely when other times they would "drift off". The ability to add music keeps the attention of the auditory learners and the on-screen graphics hold the attention of the visual learners. Playing quizzes in the classroom creates a fun environment. We use the software daily and some of the students create quizzes as a reward for good behavior. The software is so easy to use that our special needs students create quizzes that we play during free time. Love this software. Well worth the cost

Pros

This software is so easy to use. The kids absolutely love it. easily customized. can add effects and music. allows students to interact positively. holds the attention of visual learners and auditory learners as well

Cons

I would like the ability to include more content

Heather from Education Industry

Kahootit is a hit!

There is really nothing negative I can say about this product. It’s free. You do not have to join in order to use all of the different games that are on there all of the different study review that. I’ve even been able to create my own and upload things from. I just filled in here I just think it’s a great overall experience for both the teacher and the student.

Pros

I truly do love using this website because it’s so easy to use in the classroom. Not only is it easy, but the children seem to enjoy it I have used it from grade kindergarten all the way up to Grade 12. It is very user-friendly for the teacher as well as the students in the classroom. Are used it to review before 10. The kids like the game a fact that they can play in of the classic way individually or they could play as a team. I find it it’s extremely usual and use it at least once a week.

Reasons for Choosing Kahoot!

It was free and very user friendly.

Mary Kate from MAUE

Winning with Kahoot!

Kahoot is a fabulous tool to use with students and they are always excited when it is on the agenda for the day.

Pros

We LOVE Kahoot! The product is super easy to use and the kids are engaged. The students are so excited to see where they place among their peers and truly enjoy the competitive portion of this. I particularly like the question is show ahead of time before the answer choices, so all students have the opportunity to be prepared. I love being able to look through quizzes others have created and having the ability to copy them and make the changes I need if necessary.

Cons

My least favorite part of this software is that all the students answer the same question at the same time, so sometimes they are looking to their neighbors for answers.

Kristie from FC

Crazy for Kahoot!

Kahoot is an invaluable tool in my classroom for informal assessments. They students have a blast, and I can easily assess learning.

Pros

As a middle school teacher, Kahoot is my go to program for engaging my students in active learning, and they LOVE it! Kahoot brings a little competition into the classroom while actively engaging students in learning. My students are having so much fun that they don't realize how much they are learning! Kahoot makes my life easier because I can access material already made by other teachers, or I can create exactly what I need for my students. I am able to add amazing graphics/videos to keep my students laughing and interested. After a class period of playing Kahoot, they always leave telling the next class how much fun they are getting ready to have. Did I mention that Kahoot is free? You can't beat that!

Cons

Honestly, I love everything about Kahoot. It just keeps getting better!

Reasons for Switching to Kahoot!

Plickers began charging teachers to use their program. Teachers already spend a fortune on their classrooms, so Kahoot was a logical choice.

jennifer from The Carver School for Math, Science, and Technology

Kahoot It For Competitive Students

Kahoot is great for students that are very competitive. They get to "race" their friends to show who can share the content the quickest

Pros

I started using Kahoot 4 years ago. At the time, it did not have the individual Kahoot option it does now. Because of the individual option it now offers, I have been able to use it even though we have 6 foot social distancing in our classroom. Students LOVE when they get to do it with a group.

Cons

My only negative is that as soon as a student "wins" the Kahoot, the game is over. For my students that work slowly, this high paced game never allows them to fully review the material. I wish that I could pay a one time fee instead of having to renew every year.

Reasons for Choosing Kahoot!

I use Kahoot in conjunction with Quizlet and Quizizz.

Hannah from WSU

Amazing for learning and friendly competition!

Awesome software that every high school teacher should use. Even professors should use this!

Pros

I loved Kahoot, it was one of my favorite software that got used in almost every high school class I took at one point or another. The layout is generally simple - the teacher puts in a question and there are four answers that come up on the projector about 5 seconds after you see the question. Everyone in the class has their phone/laptop connected to the game and they click one of the answers. The people who get the most correct answers and answer the fastest are the winners. It shows a leaderboard at the end of each question and it really gets the whole class pumped, even if the topic is boring. Another pro is that teachers were able to adjust settings like amount of time the question is up for, number of answer choices, if they want to add pictures, and more. Very versatile, really.

David from Hardin-Simmons University

Kahoot! is a hoot!

Kahoot! is an effective, anonymous polling app that I use during face-to-face workshops to get a pulse of the audience, do quick needs analysis, and also help the audience to see that there are a wide variety of opinions in the room.

Pros

Kahoot! is relatively easy to set up, even for tech-inhibited people (which I am not). The real time results on screen during a class or workshop add a layer of interaction to the session that are more difficult to attain with other polling apps. Kahoot! has an easier on-boarding process for both facilitators and users. I'm a fan!

Cons

I don't have any real complaints. Kahoot! is effective at what it does, and I wish more presenters would use it.

Reasons for Choosing Kahoot!

Kahoot is free, which is always a plus. The ease of on-boarding for folks who are not tech savvy is probably the best feature.

Maryann from St. Catherine of Bologna

Easy to create and easy for student use as a quiz, Study review for test, or Homework studying

I have used Kahoots for over three years in various types of classes and grade levels. To date it worked smoothly. In the far past there may have been a question or two but it was resolved satisfactory. It is versatile and fun for the students in the classroom and at home. I often used this program for students to have a" hands- on mind- on" homework experience. I rarely heard an excuse as to why study homework was not completed if I assigned a Kahoots game.

Pros

I like the versatility of this program. For Student use at home I have used this is as a study guide for midterm and final exams, as a quiz and as a Homework check for studying. Students have shared with me how they were competing with their friends at night. In the classroom I have used it to have fun with competition whether it be colaborative (on an interactive white board) or single use (Ipad) but still a learning tool. Reports showing the students answers, time in answering, points accumulated. Reports can be downloaded into a spreadsheet showing questions in order and then the students names and how they answered.

Cons

Kahoots is a fine piece of software. To find a negative would be far reaching, however, it would be a great plus to my teaching to use Kahoots in my created Power Point or slide program to present material and have intermittant Kahoot questions for reinforcement and to keep students' focus (since they would compete for points in answering the questions).

Avery from Real Love Interracial Fellowship

Kahoot can turn ANY meeting into a fun meeting

We used it for our FCA meetings every week, using it to not only recap on the lesson we learned the week before, but to also have fun questions to engage students with one another. The ranking system is something we always enjoyed the most, because having a classroom of Athletes, we are ALWAYS competitive in everything that we do. I have nothing but LOVE for this program

Pros

Kahoot was something that was shown to me, and it is probably one of the greatest ways to make an Icebreaker for your groups! The fun that it brings to the meetings is something that I encourage more people to look into. We have used it for serious topics, and we have used it for more laid back settings. All in all, I have enjoyed the great environment Kahoot creates when you use it to open up a meeting. I recommend everyone to give this program a try. Whether you are a teacher, CEO, or organization leader, Kahoot can benefit you in multiple ways!

Cons

Not that many bad things about it. I would say add a bit more features to the low version, just to give people a better feel for the product.

Easy, fun, and useful in many situations!

I have used Kahoot in a variety of jobs and circumstances. The different ways it can be implemented are really endless. I've used it for test reviews with children, group training purposes, and even just for trivia with friends. It's simple, clean and a lot of fun.

Pros

Kahoot is just bundles of fun. It makes any kind of learning, review or testing fun, and gamified. Fun elements like silly usernames, catchy music and ever-updating stats about the players. It's easy to find a lot of premade Kahoots on a variety of topics, and it's super simple and straightforward to create your own. I love that everyone can use their own devices so you don't need any additional equipment or even software, you can just go to the url.

Cons

I wouldn't change much about this software. I will say that when doing Kahoots with children, it can be kind of discouraging or embarrassing for students when they see the leaderboard after each question if they are doing poorly. There may be an option to turn off the leaderboard that I was not aware of, but I usually just scroll quickly past that slide.

Sharon from Anderson Community Schools

Your Students Will Have a Blast Learning!

This software is free and it is tons of fun for my students. They are learning and don't even realize it. What looks like a game is actually a great teaching tool for just about any subject area.

Pros

I love that this software is so easy to use. It is clear cut and makes creating games quick and easy. You can also access games and activities that others have created. My students love (LOVE!) to do Kahoot! games and they don't even regard it as a learning activity. For them, it is just fun. For me as a teacher, it's a great way to see how much information my students have retained. With a 1:1 classroom, Kahoot! is an activity that everyone can participate in at the same time and that makes it a lot of fun for the students.

Cons

It is hard for me to come up with a con for this software because I love Kahoot! so much. If I have to select one area, it would be tracking student responses and knowing exactly what they missed or what kind of learning progress they are making. If there could be a link to each student with their correct/incorrect responses, that would be very helpful.

Julie from Howe-Manning Elementary School

Kahoot! Fun

Pros

Just start playing the theme music to Kahoot! and instantly students are hooked. I love the features that allow me to set the type of questions along with the length of time. Students love the podium aspect and the competition behind it. Another feature that is great is the ability to play live in class and also set them up as challenges that students can complete at their own pace.

Cons

I really wish Kahoot! would add a way for teachers to create "classes" so that students could have and create Kahoots for the class while the teacher can still monitor their work. I think this is a huge aspect of Kahoot that is missing. Students are obsessed with Kahoot games and would make amazing games to help each other learn but the only way for this to currently happen is for them to make their own accounts. It would be a wonderful feature for students to be in a Kahoot! Class and be able to work on Kahoots together to then play as a whole class.

Daniel from eduteam GmbH

Create quiz

We often use Kahoot in workshops to get quick feedback. But it is also suitable for reviewing the content you have learned.

Pros

With Kahoot, joint quizzes or statements can be solved in live time. The results are immediately displayed and can be discussed. The creation and execution are easy and can also be used by students.

Cons

Kahoot often looks a bit too colorful and is then too playful when used with adults. However, it still fulfils its purpose. The size of the free version is too small, but for many situations it's just enough.

User-friendly program for teaching classes of ALL ages

It encourages group dialogue, and it is so important in the college classroom for cohorts to interact and talk objectively about each topic - I feel they learn as much from the group discussion as a lecture.

Pros

I can customize any type of class activity for any subject I choose; for example, I use this in both my A&P and Microbiology courses as test and quiz prep during class. We talk about "why" each answer is correct or incorrect, and allows a full class discussion to take place in a format that is entertaining. I have used this with 5th grade students and my college students - it is a seamless transition for me to write questions at any level.

Cons

Nothing! This program offers exactly what it advertizes - the ability to take group involvement in the classroom and mold it to whatever subject you are teaching. I usually make about 30 questions per topic, and we go through the topics after having lecture about them. The students really love learning this way.

Lynette from The University of New Mexico

Kahoot Review

We used to use iClickers to answer questions or take quizzes in class but now majority of my classes are using Kahoot.

Pros

I like how this app is easy to download and the code is easy to access for the students to find

Cons

There are no complaints about this software that I cant think of, it was very useful during the classroom interactions.

Reasons for Switching to Kahoot!

Kahoot is easier to use and the professors can customize the answers. It also makes it more fun to use!

Gameify Learning

Kahoot is an excellent tool for learning and reinforcement. While not comprehensive in its abilities to teach, it makes for a valuable tool in an educator's toolkit.

Pros

Kahoot is a quiz game made to test and reinforce knowledge on its users. It's interface and gameplay gives players the sensation of being on a game show, and the added competitiveness makes the learning and reinforcement fun instead of boring. Kahoot does lots to engage players and make the experience more enjoyable. The interface is bright and colorful with shapes to denote different answers, making everything easily visible and accessible to players. Right answers yield a rewarding green screen and wrong ones with a red screen, reinforcing players to do well. Players receive more points the quicker they guess and rewards streaks to encourage. Post-game feedback is also good, giving the organizer data on where participants' knowledge seemed lacking.

Cons

The only complaint that can really be levied against Kahoot is that it is quite limited in scope; alternatives like Quizlet have a variety of different ways to learn terms, but lacks the group competition that Kahoot provides. While lacking in variety, Kahoot does the one thing it does exceedingly well at what it does.

Vaidas from Tennessee State U.

Free version is sufficient in most cases

Positive. Will use it again. No more complaints that they have to pay for it!

Pros

I teach college students and I needed an app that would let me quiz them on the spot. Kahoot! was a great fit. I can design the quizzes ahead of time, add transitions, etc. I think the 'competitiveness' aspect of it really engages the audience.

Cons

The 'free' version does most of the things that I need. Even though I could get an educational edition, individual scores on the quiz were sufficient metrics for me. One issue - the students would just make up random nicknames and sometimes I could not match them to the official class roster. But after few times all realized that it is them who get the short end of the stick for being funny.

Reasons for Switching to Kahoot!

Kahoot is a free version.

Dan from GST BOCES

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Classroom Review Made Fun

As a classroom with 1:1 devices, we utilize Kahoot! regularly, typically on a per unit basis for review of materials in conjunction with other review methods. Most students enjoy participating in Kahoot! games, with some preferring traditional review methods. Since utilizing Kahoot!, we have seen improvements in student retention of materials and student engagement.

Pros

Kahoot! provides a fun way to review classroom material in a competitive game-based format. Students are engaged, but also pay attention to the material presented.

Cons

Since the new paid (Pro) version, features that should be included by default (e.g. sorting games into folders) are locked behind a pay-wall. Also, unless in a 1:1 classroom (1 computer or device per student), we have seen lag issues when students use personal devices (such as cell phones), even when connected to a WiFi connection. We have also experienced instances where multiple computers will disconnect from a game mid-way, causing frustration among students.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 1,210 reviews