What are Kami users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Kami software through verified user reviews

• icon"I love that I can edit documents, make notations for parents, sign a document and create activities with ease."
  • icon"I like to keep kami so that when I need to fill out a form or take a screenshot of any web page and mark it with notes and ideas. It is a good product safe and reliable."
  • icon"Kami is easy to use for distance teaching and learning. I can share a kami doc and Annotate it during a google meet."
  • icon"The only thing I disliked about the product is how it’s not integrated with PowerPoint and I had to do more steps to upload."
  • icon"There is currently no assessment mode but they're working on it to be released this year. I use it for my MS Word assessments but the kids use it the same way they would paper and pencil."
  • icon"It was a little cumbersome, & I found it difficult to use with my students."

Browse all Kami Reviews

• Have you used Kami and would like to share your experience with others?

Joshua

Kami Is A Good PDF Editor

Pros

The ease with editing PDFs, and the ability to teach others how to use it too.

Cons

The free features are plentiful but there could be more.

Yvette

Accessible education for all students no matter where they are

I have promoted Kami to my school for the past several years now. At this very moment I have been seriously contemplating whether I was to invest the $100 to have all the features for the year. I am leaning towards YES....my school doesn't pay for this so it must come from my pocket. My school only uses the free version.

Pros

I really like that you can voice your corrections/responses/suggestions rather than constantly typing (voice annotation). It is evident that students gain more from hearing their teacher rather than just typing. There are so many other terrific features as well: - text to speech for those who need reading help - my favorite these days as I prepare for the coming school year is the Split and Merge Tool! (I can now take pdfs and break them apart...great if they have answer keys or too many pages to be assigned at once). - works with Google Drive...a huge plus as all my work can be found as well as MY STUDENTS work. No need to argue with them about what they submitted as I can find it by searching the drive with their name or by searching Kami Uploads. - You can handwrite, draw, annotate, underline, high light, choose colors, line thicknesses etc. As a math teacher....shapes are there! So is an equation feature. Almost forgot (as I'm just new to this one now) is that pdf's can be opened with OCR. This means that students can open a pdf and have the text to speech work for them.

Cons

I honestly only thing at this time the one feature I would love to have is the inclusion of measuring tools: protractor, compass, ruler. The writing tools are difficult for students who don't have pen tablets...BUT, they can upload photos of their work so that sort of makes up for that....the problem is teaching them how to do this.

Kate

Industry: Libraries

December 2021

Finally! I Can Annotate my .pdf Documents

I keep learning new things with Kami. I love that they keep advancing and improving. There are so many features to enhance learning and ease study.

Pros

I love how easy this software is to use. The sidebar of tools is user friendly and easy to navigate. The product has so many features to enhance student engagement. I love getting emails from the company when they are offering new features or added benefits. They are constantly improving.

Cons

I think Kami is the best software for annotating a .pdf.

Reasons for switching to Kami

Kami is so much easier to use and more fun. This makes it more favorable with my students. It has also been easy to use for my personal college classes. It is a much more innovative, user-friendly product than Adobe.

Terri

Classroom Use

Pros

I love how easy it is for my students to use to complete and turn in assignments. It is so easy to provide feedback with students in real-time.

Cons

The signature part of the product is great when you need to sign something but if I have to obtain additional signatures it becomes more difficult.

Karen

Kami an easy way to write on a pdf

Students were able to watch me use Kami and were able to complete assignments using Kami , edit them and send them back to me for review.

Pros

Kami is easy to use for distance teaching and learning. I can share a kami doc and Annotate it during a google meet. My students can easily follow along from home or in person. They can in turn work on a kami doc and share it back to me for review. A great help during this past year.

Cons

It was a bit of a challenge to start but got easier with practice, Students needed time to work with the tools and the text boxes are a little tricky to place.

Mike

Kami going paperless

Pros

The ability to go paperless. We are trying to use less paper and for the last 3 years, with Kami and Google tools, this has been a reality. Also, touch screen chrome books. I love the ability to link to google classroom, ease to assess as well as the dictionary and speech to text to name a few.

Cons

I would love it if more than one teacher could go on one license. Also, in elementary school, we have a max of 30 kids so 100 licences with one teacher aren't needed.

Reasons for switching to Kami

The ease and it has all the tools and more than RW

Lisa

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Go paperless and enhance engagement with materials using Kami

Kami has been a lifesaver during virtual instruction, I honestly don't know how I could've survived without it. When we return to normal, I will still be going almost completely paperless. Not only is Kami a game changer, it is the most valuable teaching tool I've encountered in 29 years of teaching.

Pros

As a science teacher, I use a lot of diagrams. Because most of my materials are either Word documents or pdfs, I needed something that would maintain the integrity of the formatting when I pushed out to students to annotate on. Kami does this (and also integrates with PowerPoint, photos, Google slides and docs, and diagrams) but so much more! I can include audio, video, and screen capture comments to provide more direction for tasks and 1-1 feedback to students. Kids can use these features, too, so they can explain and describe using the video or audio comment features, or show me how they work out a problem with the screen capture tool. I can watch them work in real time and see who contributes in their group. I can also insert Youtube videos that they can watch while on the same document and take notes or answer questions.

Cons

Response from Kami

Thank you so much for your kind words, Lisa! We are glad to hear that you are finding Kami useful for your teaching process. And yes, our assessment mode is coming so please stay tuned! Warm wishes, The Kami Team

Replied March 2021

Lisa

Kami - Leveling the Playing Field

With the pandemic, this is a lifesaver. It is an easy way to get materials to students AND a great way to make connections, especially when asynchronous learning is taking place. Every opportunity you have to "show" your face, helps make connections to your students.

Pros

Kami offers a unique and fun way of equalizing all learners. It will read the text to students who have difficulty reading. It also allows students to answer via speech to text, audio, or video response! The teacher can add video (even of themselves!), audio, and stickers. Kami is a great alternative to traditional worksheets.

Cons

It does require you to teach your students how to use certain things. You can develop simple lessons the first week or so to "teach" them how to use Kami. They love to leave video comments, "write" in different colors, and pick up quickly to how to use it.

Priya

The capabilities of Kami

I can take any document and turn it into a Kami doc, which can include all subjects and teaching and learning styles.

Pros

I love this platform! I can take any pdf and turn it into a live document and use it in Google Classroom! It allows you to solve word searches, crosswords, and many other things without changing them!

Cons

I really can't think of any, but it has saved me hundreds of hours of lesson planning.

Jessica

This ptogram is amazing for virtual or in person learning!

I have recommended it to every teacher in my building!

Pros

I have pdf assignments that I use with students in small group. I assign the PDFs to google classroom and the students will open them with kami. Kami allows them to write, type, and draw on the pdf. We work in small groups to complete the pdf work and then, the click the Turn In button on Kami. I get their completed work on my Kami so that I can see what the students have produced.

Cons

I love everything about this program. There is even a chrome extension!

Karen

December 2021

Using Kami in the classroom

This was great for me as a teacher as it offered me the opportunity to complete the same assignments in person as well as online. The different functions were great! I found it easy to understand, even if it was a little tedious to use.

Pros

My district purchased Kami for teachers to use when we had to offer virtual instruction during covid. It was great that it integrated well with google classroom. It allowed for assigning pdf assignments and having students answer on the document. There were lots of options. I could have students type in answers, draw, color, annotate, highlight, etc. This was super helpful!!

Cons

My students hated Kami. It had a lot of functionality, but was still tedious to use for a whole assignment. I don't know how to make it easier. I also had to do a hands on training with my students to help them learn how to use the different applications.

Danya

Kami is a teacher's best friend

I find Kami to be among the top tools I use on a regular basis.

Pros

Cons

My learning curve was a bit higher than normal with this software. I was able to use it without an formal training, I just needed some time to play around with it.

Dierdre

We couldn't do remote learning without Kami.

We love Kami!

Pros

We added Kami to our Google Workspace for our students and staff at school. We were forced to go remote a year ago and many of our resources are in PDF form. Our teachers were able to use their PDFs and online books with the use of Kami. Students could interact with the PDFs and books to show their learning and access the content. The tools that we love are the comment feature, drawing tools and text box.

Cons

We love that the Kami option pops up on most of our PDFs, but sometimes it doesn't. The student then has to click the extension which sometimes doesn't come up on the document.

Pam

Great for PDF files

While I really liked the features of Kami, the item I wanted most - the ability to add images, is only available on the paid version, and I can not afford that on my meager salary. My district purchased a similar program - Snap and Read which is much easier for students and since my district purchased it, my students and I can use it.

Pros

This program offers many things on the free version that are very helpful for students and teachers such as the ability to write on PDF documents, annotate on PDF documents, and add images (such as stickers) to student's writing on a PDF.

Cons

I found this program difficult to teach to students and it took a few tries before students understood how to use the program and how to take their completed document and turn it in through Google Classroom. I feel the price for the full version is too expensive for many schools, including my own. My school doesn't get Title 1 funds, yet we are not in an affluent area either.

Hope

Super Easy to Use!

Kami turns a regular worksheet into a digital worksheet. It is super easy to use. The students don't have to have a printer at home. They can upload their finished worksheet easily to google classroom. It made my life and my student's lives a lot simpler during our remote learning. I will definitely keep using this software when we are back in the classroom for homework assignments, etc.

Pros

I love that Kami works directly with Google Classroom. This software helped tremendously during remote learning this past year. The students can write directly on any worksheet or notes page. The students don't have to print out their worksheet or notes, they can fill it out using Kami. There are really cool writing features, such as text box, equation mode, mark up, and shapes. It's super easy to use!

Cons

This is hard to use with some math concepts. But, most of the time I was able to use it in my lesson plans.

Mary

Kami Use in Remote Learning

If I did not have Kami to teach remotely this would be a much more difficult year for my students and myself! Thank you!

Pros

The use of Kami has been invaluable to teaching special education students remotely during this pandemic. I use it daily in the general education setting and small group pull out settings for all subjects. Uploading and annotating is seamless. The fact that it saves it is a huge plus!

Cons

Honestly it serves the purpose and more!

Paula

Kami

Kami has been a game-changer for our students and teachers.

Pros

Kami allows users to easily add text to PDF documents with ease. Users insert their own text boxes and then have the ability to make changes to a document that seems uneditable.

Cons

The software is a powerful addition to our tools for staff and students. It does take a few initial tries to get the product to be recognized in our accounts but once that is done it works like magic.

Kami in Classrooms

Our teachers and students have been pleased with Kami overall. They are still learning how to make the most of their touchscreen Chromebooks and the premium version of the Kami software.

Pros

We were a 1:1 iPad district for several years. When our high school students switched from iPads to Chromebooks two years ago, we had to find a tool that would function similar to Notability on the Chromebook. Kami has been the closest software we have found on the Chromebook. Students are able to annotate their notes, highlight, add images, and much more.

Cons

There was definitely a learning curve going from Notability on the iPads to Kami on the Chromebook. Students have had some issues learning how to save, store, and attach files since there are multiple ways to do this with Kami.

We changed devices.

Samantha

Kami! Great with Kids!

Our overall experience is positive. Kami, even the free version, has stepped up to the plate and provided needed support during our remote learning and beyond.

Pros

We use the Kami Chrome extension with our young middle school students. The thing we like best is how easily it works with Chrome (on our Chromebooks). Teachers love being able to assign PDFs and have Kami help students interact with these types of files.

Cons

Due to monetary restraints in our district we are currently only accessing the free version -which don't get me wrong , is great! But the ads....

Shawna

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Great Features even for the free version

Pros

I currently LOVE the split and merge option! I can take almost any file type and use split and merge to make 1 pdf file with whatever pages/slides I wanted from several file types. Then I never have to worry about trying to copy one thing into a different file type and praying it doesn't lose it's formatting that was already good.

Cons

I have no Cons for this. I haven't used this as much this year only because I had the free version and not paid to share with my classes.

Kimberly

Remote Learning lifesaver

My overall experience with Kami was a positive one. kami came through as a great tool during the pandemic.

Pros

I used Kami alongside google classroom as a way for my first grade students to turn in their assignments. It was fairly easy for parents to figure out how to use. It has many functions that I needed: voice recording, pen tool.

Cons

Parents needed to do an upgrade in order for students to be able to voice record.

Reasons for choosing Kami

better features

Julie

Kami

Pros

Kami is a very easy, user-friendly tool to use on any PDF document. The ability to add to a PDF is a needed function for remote learning.

Cons

It takes a little guidance the first time students use Kami but after that students can quickly work with Kami.

amanda

Working with chrome and Kami

Pros

Integrating kami into my browser allows me to be able to fill out and sign documents, pdfs, from my pc and online. I like to keep kami so that when I need to fill out a form or take a screenshot of any web page and mark it with notes and ideas. It is a good product safe and reliable.

Cons

It's that I have not bought the upgrade yet!

4.77/5 out of 23 reviews