What are Kiddom users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Kiddom software through verified user reviews

3.6

• icon"I like that I am able to create curriculum and save it to assign to classes later on."
  • icon"Getting notifications about student work are very convenient. Being able to communicate with any of the tech help is great and they are very good about answering questions and addressing concerns."
  • icon"Kiddom is easy to understand and intuitive for teachers and students to navigate."
  • icon"At times the work submitted and lesson plans would disappear. Students had difficulty using it on mobile devices and navigating it overall which then gave them the excuse just to not do the work."
  • icon"It is especially difficult to know when students turn in late assignments."
  • icon"All directions have to be at the top unless you cheat and put directions in a question box. It's frankly infuriating."

Browse all Kiddom Reviews

• Have you used Kiddom and would like to share your experience with others?

Rebecca

Kiddom Review

Kelli

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Great experience, extremely useful.

Allows me to personalize instruction fairly easily.

Pros

The flexibility of assigning different tasks to different students, as well as the deep resource pool. It's a great way to personalize learning in a fairly simple manner. Works great for projects, as well.

Cons

Can be a bit buggy when logging students in (sometimes the app freezes). There are also some linked resources (primarily from CK-12) that don't work well. Could use a way to integrate questions/responses, grading, and link embedding directly into assignments.

Jordan

Helping us through a difficult Fall

Pros

Hi, I am a 4th grade teacher who started using Kiddom this fall in full distance learning. It has been an great decision overall (although I do not really know about how much it costs). Here are the things that make it strong: 1. It is a good mix of versatile vs easy to use for kids- meaning, I can largely change it for what I want, but it functions pretty easily for student. 2. Grading is really easy- you can input MC and have them graded for you, or put grading notes for other teachers.

Cons

1. My school bought Kiddom to use for its partnership with EL (a Lit curriculum). Although we do use Kiddom successfully for Lit, the EL resources are difficult to navigate. Honestly, this is probably more of a problem with EL than it is with Kiddom. 2. Creating your own activities/lessons is time consuming. It takes a while to input each question individually and does not have a copy/past feature. This would be really helpful as many of the questions that I ask follow a similar format, and I need to input them manually each time. 3. My students largely are all on Chromebooks (and therefore the same type of device), but the interface on their screens occasionally looks different (due to sizing, etc). this has caused some confusion with kids. 4. We tried to write an essay on Kiddom this week and it was a struggle. Navigating between different assignments is not really possible for many of our kids and navigating within an assignment is fairly awkward as the questions can stretch or shrink if you click on them. We are opting to using Googledocs for any larger writing assignments, but still love Kiddom for daily work.

Reasons for switching to Kiddom

Kiddom gives a lot more options for written output. We still use Seesaw, and it is better at some features, but this was more appropriate for 4th grade.

Twyla

Kiddom Could be Great

I have been learning and showing teachers how to use it since May of last year, and although it is becoming a more fluid experience it still has many opportunities for improvement. I still use it for exit slips and some tests, but I prefer Google Forms and Khan Academy for immediate feedback for practice, Desmos for exploration and synchronous lessons and Google Docs for tests allowing students to draw on the tests.

Pros

OUR are available, aligned to stds, and can be edited. Easy to submit a grade per student per activity. Feedback allows for audio and images and arrives in email account. The Done and Late links are helpful in finding work to grade. The assignments are broken into weeks.

Cons

Students need to be able to draw a number line a shape on the grid, show their work with a tape diagram and plot coordinate pairs. Kiddom does not have these tools everything is text or students write in their notebook and upload images. Late work is only mentioned as a notification ex. 3 days ago, but should be tagged on the assignment. Students that join with two different accounts does not show the email used, so a teacher cannot determine which account to delete. Difficult to use distantly synchronous, since there is not a way to see what the student is working on in a specific moment. Ex Desmos and Nearpod show you the students’ work on a summary page “live”. Reports are not helpful. If I want only the Unit Test to show me the standards’ aligned with student proficiency, I can’t. It includes the exit slips and other assignments. Glitches are common for example 1) students go i to the account and the see that 30 assignments are late (I have to tell them don’t worry, it is a glitch) 2) I drag an assignment and it doesn’t drag to the week assignments so I try a couple more times and next thing I know I have assigned the same assignment 10 times. Many of the library’s resources are not linked correctly. If I link Khan Academy, the scores are not included in Kiddom. I also have to assign in Khan Academy and find the scores there. Google Docs cannot be assigned making a copy for each student in Kiddom. Self grading with auto feedback options would be great.

Reasons for choosing Kiddom

I didn’t. I am using them synchronously.

Angel

Distance Learners

Overall, once I figured out how to use the program it has really been a great tool for me; especially as a first time distance learning educator.

Pros

The thing I like most about Kiddom is the ease of use for my students. They got the hang of this program quickly. I also like the fact that I can send them a private message after grading a lesson with specific details for them. In addition, I can post a message for the entire classroom for all of my classes.

Cons

This program has a lot of bells and whistles; which made it somewhat challenging to get use to and learn at the beginning of the school year.

Allison

New and Happy

The customer service is top notch!

Pros

It is an easy way to share the curriculum with my distance learners.

Cons

Some parts are cumbersome. Some things aren’t easy to share with families, use.

Price and amazing products

Reasons for switching to Kiddom

We were up for a new curriculum and wanted something w more projects/hands on, and tech.

Justin

A Secondary Teacher's Review of Kiddom

At the start of the school year, I tried using Kiddom as a complete replacement from the previous learning management system. I still use Kiddom daily, but I started to use a previous system as well. My experience with Kiddom has left me wanting more regarding a complete replacement of systems since it is more work for me to have to use Kiddom and another system. However, the lack of a digital notebook feature and ease of sending feedback to students for graded assignments has left me with a negative experience because of what I was used to and then being required to change to a new system that did not have these features.

Pros

As a high school teacher, I use Kiddom by creating lessons daily. When assigning the lessons to a class timeline, students receive an email. In addition, any time there is a class announcement posted, students receive an email. Therefore, one of the best features of Kiddom is the ease of notifying students of lessons and announcements.

Cons

At the start of the school year, I tried to use Kiddom by replacing it with a system that I have used in previous years. However, Kiddom does not let you edit an assignment once it has been assigned to students. In addition, I am unable to collaborate in a Professional Learning Community using Kiddom (although Kiddom advertises this) because once sharing with other colleagues on Kiddom, they cannot modify the lesson or unit without changing my version of the lesson or unit.

Reasons for switching to Kiddom

School district pushed Kiddom as an everyday learning management system. Since I am required to use Kiddom, I use it daily, but only minimally, as I have switched back to the previous management system, Microsoft Teams.

Gerald

Kiddom Classroom Software Review

The software takes time to learn. The interface is not visually appealing.

Pros

Posting assignments is easy. Also, login in to the platform is easy.

Cons

I do not like the visual appearance of the software. I do not like that you cannot customize the class names. Everything is very separated i.e. grades, assignments, etc. I would like it all to be available on one screen when you click a student's name rather than toggling multiple screens.

Reasons for choosing Kiddom

We were told that was what the county purchased.

Caron

Use for Elementary, but...

Overall, the experience was not a positive one. Implementing planned assignments was difficult, tedious, and frustrating.

Pros

Logging in was easy; honestly, that's where my positive feedback ends. Overall, the program was not user friendly for a high school setting where teachers have multiple sections of the same class or different subjects althogether.

Cons

Being able to copy an assignment from one class section to another would have been nice. Having to constantly maneuver the Timeline to grade/check late work is a HUGE hassle.

Reasons for switching to Kiddom

The school board and district said I had to in order to accommodate distance learners.

Selina

Teacher review

I can communicate and distribute information to my students who are distance learning.

Pros

Kiddom is user friendly, and their customer help team responds in a quickly manner.

Cons

I don't like that I have to upload material separately. Most of my classes use the same lessons.

Timothy

A program in progress

I've spent time trying to make the most of my Kiddom use, and for the most part, it's worked for me. There are flaws that are very frustrating, and I'm still trying to be patient to see them worked out. The program is slowly improving, but at the moment, it's still obviously a work in progress that needs to continue to listen to the user needs.

Pros

The communication features work well, especially now that students may be grouped. Once that feature was added, I was able to group and teach both distance learning and in-person learning successfully, though things such as discussion boards still don't exist. Overall, the activity layout is functional and clear. Assigning activities is very easy and can be done in multiple ways, with various editable aspects (individually assign, adjust time and due date, etc). I appreciate these features.

Cons

The default settings cannot be adjusted, so for example every question is worth an arbitrary 4 points until it is manually changed. Therefore, I have to manually adjust so many features on every single activity. If I could just adjust the settings so that each assignment started the way I wanted (summative, with 10 point questions, NOT labeled participation, etc) that would save me several obnoxious clicks. Also, the help team response time has slowed considerably, and certain obvious fixes still haven't been made, such as the click-through glitch on multiple-part questions. I'm sure this is because we inundated them with needs, etc, but it's frustrating to have the same problems over and over. Also, the problem of not being able to duplicate and adjust assignments is frustrating. Every new assignment has to be created from scratch OR written over an old assignment so we can't have multiple versions or save copies of past assignments for remediation needs. This is a pretty serious issue as it adds time and work to teachers who are already overloaded. Finally, the fact that the elements (questions, text boxes, directions, etc) within an activity DON'T stay in the order we put them, but default to a specific order (questions always at the bottom, text boxes on top) at the moment they're assigned means that I can't space directions through the activity. All directions have to be at the top unless you cheat and put directions in a question box. It's frankly infuriating.

Stephanie

Great ideas, potential and customer service but has lots of growth left to do

This service has great potential to grow. I like their ideas and goals for standards based tracking and differentiation but the execution often comes with many glitches and overall annoying to use and confusing for students at times. The upside is their incredible customer service.

Pros

AMAZING Customer service which makes up for its glitches. I get responses within a couple hours. When my gradebook was glitching out before my report cards were due, Ekta literally worked around the clock to make one for me manually.

Cons

- Glitches when posting - glitched on all my report cards -inconsistent notifications of messages from students so it is unreliable as a messaging service - i would like an option for teachers giving feedback on written responses to comment or highlight like it was a Google Doc - I would like an option to print out student work along with my feedback on the same document for hybrid learners

Reasons for choosing Kiddom

standards based tracking, report cards

Cortney

LMS for Classrooms

Pros

Easy to create assignments and push out information to students.

Cons

This program was missing live updates. If I made a mistake I had to delete the assignment from each class then reassign. Live updates needs to be added.

Leah

Be Patient

Pros

Kiddom provides an easy way for me to create activities for my distance learners. It took me a while to get the hang of using Kiddom and navigating the ins and out of all things Kiddom. Four months in to the school year, I can now create the daily activities for my distance learners and grade them all in one place. The team at Kiddom also uses our feedback and will do what they can to improve the software for both the educators and students.

Cons

Kiddom is not as user friendly for our distance learners who use tablets instead of laptops.

Gerald

Works well and getting better

It was a bit of a challenge at first. It was a brand new system to our district and a brand new thing for us to use generally. There was a brief amount of training which led to a lot of complaints but that was not the fault of the developers. Overall it's been a good experience once I was able to navigate and get things done with the program. The team at Kiddom has seemed to be very receptive to the users and helping with any issues.

Pros

Once you get the hang of navigating and inputting information, use of the program is pretty straightforward. As with anything new there is a bit of a learning curve but nothing insurmountable. Being able to organize classes has been both the biggest obstacle and the most convenient feature...there was no way to do it at first but now it is easily done. There are continuous upgrades happening behind the scenes that make the program more user friendly. There is no problem adding links, videos, or files. Getting notifications about student work are very convenient. Being able to communicate with any of the tech help is great and they are very good about answering questions and addressing concerns.

Cons

While there are upgrades happening sometimes they take a little while to reach the users. But it does seem like they are listening to suggestions and possible problems and being proactive about addressing them.

MARIA

A middle school math review

I have had a general good experience with Kiddom, but I have to say that at the beginning when I was just learning the system as well as my students, we needed a lot of support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to be able to really get to know it. The system is not friendly by itself at the very beginning. I think for online learning it works, but I am not sure if we would use it if we had the physical books in the classroom. Hopefully more automatic graded practice could be included to extend its benefits.

Pros

I liked how Kiddom helped me and my students turn in and grade work during the pandemia online learning. What I like the most is that the Open up resources are directly assigned to the students and sometimes apps like Geogebra are inserted to help students learn. I also like the fact that teachers can give comments to their students and how to improve their work. Even though I have not used much the data reviews, I think they are valuable resources to see how the students are growing.

Cons

I don't like that I have to assign as many times as classes I have the same work with different dates to my different class periods. This really consumes time. I don't like that in order to assign work I have to scroll down up the present unit I am which consumes time. I also don't like that I have to grade the assignments to be able to get data from the data. I wish some automatic features were there to provide with automatic data without me having to grade every single assignment my students take. I don't like that sometimes when students change device the system does not allow them to enter until they remove cookies in their devices. I also don't like that if I change something that change is reflected also to my colleague when we are sharing the same curriculum. Finally, I wish that when students did something in the apps, Kiddom could keep their work because if students do not take screenshots, their work is not saved. Uploading images takes a lot of time from them.

Amy

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Kiddom in the Elementary Classroom

Overall, Kiddom was very stressful at first! haha BUT I do feel that once you got into it and learned the software, it was very easy to use and actually offers a lot of features! I know this is true with most software and digital things as I know they are forever evolving and changing and updating. I truly appreciate Kiddom and the staff for all they have done to keep us engaged with our students during this crazy time and also keeping Kiddom updated so that we can continue to do so. I will admit, we were very overwhelmed and frustrated at first, but all things considered, I think Kiddom has made our hybrid model of Distance Learning flow more smoothly than had our district chosen Google Classroom or another feature. Thank you so much for all you guys (and gals) have done to keep us in the loop and up to date with the technology!

Pros

Being able to assign things to students is obviously beneficial. I like that we can reassign something to an individual kid too. I enjoy being able to communicate with them through the site as well. I also appreciate the updates as we requested them to make it run more smoothly overall. The way it links to our Clever accounts is also a great feature that saved us a lot of time in the midst of all the pandemic madness.

Cons

I wish we would have received training on this prior to when we did. We were thrown into it blindly and honestly, it was not easy to follow or understand at first. Having a training feature like new apps have would have been helpful that walks you through where everything is. It also took longer than we hoped for "multi-select" to be an option. It is now which is awesome though! At my school, we created "PLC classes" so that we could collaborate and share documents and assignments we had made with our grade level instead of each person doing that individually. Having a collaboration option would have been helpful.

Madison

From a Biology teacher: good in a pinch but room for improvement

Overall, Kiddom has proved to be a very useful resource during this challenging year. I think there could be a few simple fixes that would make a WORLD of difference for teacher-usefulness.

Pros

I think the basic idea of Kiddom is great! It has definitely been useful this year as a relatively simple way to relay lessons and assignments to students. As a type-A personality teacher, the organization of Kiddom is fantastic (classes, units, then lesson plans). That part of Kiddom was obviously well-thought out with teacher-friendliness in mind.

Cons

Limitations to certain features frustrate me and cost me precious time. 1st) If I need to edit an assignment I have already assigned to my classes, I have to edit it, then delete it from every individual class (that is especially frustrating), then re-assign it to every individual class. Maybe I have misunderstood how to assign lessons to my kids, but it seems like there should be something more time-effective than editing, deleting, then re-assigning to every individual period. 2nd) There should be a more teacher-friendly way for students to submit assignments. I tried making a submit button for their assignments, but found it to be, again, not a time-effective process so I eventually got frustrated and gave up. My distance learners use Microsoft Teams to turn in my assignments (which is also a lot of clicks but it was more teacher-friendly than Kiddom, so I rolled with it). 3rd) There needs to be a way to assign lessons to every section of my class with only one click. I get frustrated with dragging an assignment over to every single class when the assignment is the same for each class. Microsoft Teams lets you create one assignment then choose which classes you'd like to assign it to. 4th) I would really appreciate being able to share lessons that I've created on Kiddom with the other teachers in my department and them be able to push these lessons directly out to their students (without having to copy/paste my lessons into their curriculum or create questions I made).

Nicole

Free planner and gradebook that helps me track standards easily

It makes my whole workflow as it should be: in one place. If only it can grade essays! ;) It has made tracking student progress really easy. I can understand how students are doing on individual standards in real time and it has been a good way to go back to student evidence.

Pros

I used Google really briefly because I wanted my middle school students to be able to view assignments online, but I didn't like it. I'm loving Kiddom because I can plan directly in the web app, drag the assignment to assign, and share it with students. So much better for my workflow and the design is intuitive. 1. STANDARDS /GRADEBOOK: You can attach and TRACK standards right there in the app: it automatically generates reports, which students can see too. Saves me time generating progress reports. 2. PLANNER: I can plan and assign in one view: plan on the left and then drag it into "Timeline" to assign it. 3. DIFFERENTIATION: I can make a personalized list of assignments for a student; assign them something from the library as an extension or remediation, or flip the classroom by giving them a video as a lesson. 4. COLLABORATION: You can share the assignments with other teachers to keep on the same page and collaborate on modifying some assignments. Kiddom is really simple and intuitive for students to use on a laptop or app, too. Their support is really responsive and super helpful. I only got started this year, but already looking forward to using it next year, too!

Cons

If anything, I would love to have a discussion tool and quiz maker that can put the grade directly into my grade book.

Joseph

A teacher's input

It has not been a good experience, especially at the beginning of the school year. I have grown accustomed to its quirks and have begun to make it work.

Pros

I appreciate that KIDDOM imports my class rosters on a regular basis. I also appreciate that it provides an 'announcement' page for all of my students to see. I'm glad they changed the format for seeing assignments in 'newest first' as opposed to the other way.

Cons

1. I did not like the fact that they offered a 'multi-select' feature for assessments and then it didn't work at all (I believe that has changed in the past month). 2. The number of clicks it takes to add an assignment is TOO MUCH. Steps: I open the class. I click 'timeline'. I click 'add assessment'. I click 'activity' or 'assessment'. Finally, after I've created the assignment, I must open each class of mine individually to assign the same assessment (although I teach 5 periods of the same section). 3. When trying to see assignments, or add assignments, there are too many panels and it makes the working panel too small, especially when I'm trying to display this to my students. 4. When trying to reply to a message, the 'chat' bubble is in front of the 'send' icon. It takes some precise point/click movements to send the message. 5. The 'chat' bubble is ALWAYS on top and I don't use it that much to take up screen space.

Jeremy

Kiddom Review from Science Teacher

Once, the process of getting it all set up was done, it kept me organized.

Pros

Once, it was all set up, it was easy to assign the work each week.

Cons

It was hard to learn how to set it up. Lots of trial and error. You couldn't delete certain material once you created it. Students had issues uploading and attaching assignments. For a long time, you couldn't respond to students from the email notifications you got when they asked questions. Creating multiple choice test is a long process and their is no way to created a template.

Reasons for choosing Kiddom

Administration wanted us to try it.

Reasons for switching to Kiddom

It was mandatory from administration.

Laura

Elementary ESL use

We're all learning during this school year, so I want to extend some grace and flexibility to the team at Kiddom. However, training to use the software was minimal to nonexistent and the software was not very intuitive. I think Kiddom would benefit from adding educational experts to their team as well as data security experts.

Pros

User interface functions on all browsers and all devices. Ability to embed video.

Cons

- Unable or very difficult to share activities or units with other teachers in my building - Creating an activity that asks students to record themselves, they are unable to see/read the prompt as they make the recording because the recording function blocks view of the window. - Unable to schedule assignments to push out to students on certain days of the week - all assignments can be completed as soon as they are loaded, even if students are not ready for them or have not completed other assignments. - Unable to copy/paste activities from one curriculum to another - Unable for students to physically / visually manipulate activities within kiddom (for example, drag and drop features available to students on google slides via google classroom) - Submitting a photo of work is listed as an "open ended" response and can be problematic for students - Adding students must be done from student end and cannot be done from teacher end - All assignments look identical on timeline, no thumbnail options for pre-literate students - Chat box is very annoying always blocking access to curriculum that I want to add to timeline - Classroom page is visible on web browser but not on app

Kelly

Kiddom for Education

I have had some questions along the way, and the support staff has been fantastic to jump in and help immediately. I work with a team of teachers, and we all laugh because we feel like we know the support staff by name we have asked them so many questions! Overall, I really think Kiddom is useful in my classroom. I do not know what I would do without it.

Pros

I have not used many online platforms for education until this year. At first, the learning curve for me was rough! But I watched the training videos, and emailed for help, and just played around with the software, and I feel like I have a grasp on how to best use this platform. I like that the platform is organized so well for teachers and students. I feel like students can navigate easily between their different classes. I love that I can plan with other teachers, and we can share assignments! Everything is also so easy to put online for the kids.

Cons

I would love for there to be a way to time assessments. The main problem with online assessments is that students can easily cheat. They can look up the answers quickly. I would love an online timer so that it would at least be harder for students to do this quickly.

Brenda

Good product, with anticipation of continued improvements

It has been pretty good so far, but I am still learning. I have created content, but as I learn more, I want to reorganize things, but that isn’t possible yet. I would love to be able to drag a lesson or activity into a different unit, or just duplicate a lesson/activity within a unit that is very similar to a previous one. I would also love to be able to “mass grade” an assignment, then just go back and change a few grades manually.

Pros

I’m still learning, but I like the concept of having the courses, then units, and lessons, and activities. I also like that I can just link other lessons or activities (Forms, videos, etc.) into the lessons. I like that it is linked to our roster of student so that new students are automatically added to the class and I don’t have to annually add them. I like it enough that I have not given up on it, knowing that development is still happening.

Cons

- inability to organize lessons/activities after they are created (rearrange a lesson as you are working on it, i.e. re-order questions, insert a question that you forgot...) - inability to print a lesson activity for someone who needs a hard copy (limited or no internet) - inability to duplicate a lesson, then tweak it for a different unit. The mobile app version, so far, is useless. I was originally only able to *see* what was there, then recently found the ability to *grade* from the app. However, when I went into my desktop, none of the grades were “submitted” - I still had to go through each student and actually click “Submit.”

Amy

Working with Kiddom

Very good, friendly and helpful. Tech support is usually quick to respond.

Pros

Very user friendly for students and helps to deliver quality content much more easily than other online platforms

Cons

There are some functions I want to have available such as duplicating/copying assignments.

CANVAS