• Pros

• "I love the newest 3.0 update! It gives the interface a much better design and aesthetic. This makes it easier to navigate and it helps make LearnDash more user friendly."

• "LearnDash was easy to install and work with right out of the box! It is logical and arranged in a manner that is easy to understand and implement. "

• "Easy to setup, able to re-use different lessons for different courses. Good constant flow of information and ideas trough their blog. Fast customer support response. "

• Cons

• "It is so complicated to use if you don't have a high grasp of wordpress. We are now switching to Edvance360 which is much more user-friendly and has so many more features."

• "There's a slight learning curve. Nothing too overwhelming!"

• "For first time WordPress users it can be a bit of a learning curve, but the documentation offered by LearnDash is quite thorough."

Browse LearnDash Reviews

Jesus from Blue Squares Creative, LLC

After months of testing Saas and WordPress LMS plugins, LearnDash came out on top.

This software is helping us simplify and streamline our ability to deliver online training to students at an affordable cost.

Pros

We needed many features that were hard to find in SaaS based LMS solutions and WP plugins. Here's a list of features that pushed us towards LearnDash because it worked with our stack or is helping us upgrade it: 1. Integration with Zapier (allows communication with our Podio CRM hub) 2. Integration with any Shopping cart with One-Click Upsells. We will be migrating to SamCart after 6 years with Nanacast. 3. Ability to "Recycle" LMS content. (i.e. use one lecture in multiple classes) 4. Progress % for classes so students can see their progress. 5. Forum integration for class discussions. We chose BBPress and it works perfectly with it. 6. ActiveCampaign integration for email management. LearnDash included all these features and they work. This was the *only* solution I found after months of testing WP plugins and Saas platforms that met our requirements. So far, setup has gone smooth and updates have not broken anything.

Cons

My biggest con is that this is a WP plugin and I'm hesitant to run mission critical software on WordPress. But since all the SaaS LMS' solutions were missing critical features, I decided to give this a shot. In order to gain some peace of mind and find a middle of sorts, I decided to go the extremely safe route with hosting and chose Kinsta since they use the Google Cloud and their pricing structure is reasonable. Plus, having a "staging area" is nice along with their daily backups, crazy speed and Nginx reverse proxy caching.

Eric from Pastel Education

Awesome Support Team

Overall, my experience with LearnDash has been wonderful. It is an easy-to-use tool that is the basis of our eLearning platform

Pros

- Ease of use and set-up - Built-in functionality to present users courses in an organized way - Compatibility with multiple plug-ins and themes - Great value for the price

Cons

- Sometimes the features are a bit restricting

Elliott from TriAd Marketing & Media

Not quite there yet

We have been multiple Moodle learning systems and wanted to try this since it seemed easier to setup and use. It was easier, but ultimately took more time because of all the limitations in the system which we had to customize. Many features which are free in Moodle require paid plugins for Learndash and that was frustrating. The structure of the courses is not very intuitive and we had to make a lot of accommodations to work within the confines of the system.

Pros

It works with Wordpress so has a familiar layout to those familiar with Wordpress. Visually it looks good to the end user. Open source, so it was fairly easy to modify for our needs.

Cons

Seems limited when compared to Moodle and this is more expensive. The structure of the courses is pretty limited, for example you can't require only certain activities to be completed in order for a course to be marked completed, all sub-sections are required for completion. The navigation through the courses/lessons/topics could be improved. There are a lot of clicks to get to the course content and it can be frustrating trying to setup a course where the user can easily progress through from beginning to end. Often we found the user would complete a topic/lesson/quiz and there wasn't a clear path forward for them. We had to make some core customization to make this more user friendly.

David from Codeable

LearnDash is the backbone of our Codeable Academy

LearnDash is the backbone of our Codeable Academy, and we use it to create helpful trainings for our 500+ developer community. In the past we would provide training and resources via a private forum or Google docs. But we didn't know how many users were consuming the information. Now we have full visibility on who has taken a course, how much of it has been completed, and what grades they received on the quizzes. As we continue to add more courses, we see LearnDash playing an integral part in the Codeable Academy, and we're proud to be using it.

Pros

What I like most about LearnDash is the ease of use to implement and setup courses. The training videos that are included inside the plugin made learning to use it and build the courses simple. The plugin itself works perfectly, and we didn't have any issues building our courses. Our users (500+ developers) have had no issues when taking the courses and everything works like a charm.

Cons

No complaints at all so far! When using an LMS plugin, you just want it to work without hassles or needing to contact support. And LearnDash provided a great experience start-to-finish.

Karen from Premier Asset Capital

Easy to Use but Ugly User Interface

Lately I have been thinking that because I don't use the quizzes, etc. I could have skipped the whole LMS thing and just created pages or posts that link to the next. Luckily LearnDash is not too expensive so now that it is looking nice (thanks to custom coding), I will probably just stick with it.

Pros

Working with LearnDash is very easy. It works very similar to the other functions in Wordpress. You create a course, add Lessons and then Topics for each lesson. For example, the course could be about How to Be a Real Estate Investor. In that course, you might have multiple lessons like How to Flip Houses, How to But Rental Property, How to Finance Real Estate, etc. The you add the detailed Topics. For example, How to Flip Houses might have things like How to Find Greta Houses to Flip. How to Fund Your Flip House Projects, How to Manage the Rehab. You get the idea... It's literally copy and paste for text and you add graphics the same way you would to any page or post in Wordpress. Also, you can have quizzes, delay the release of certain content, offer certificates and points for completion, sell your courses, interact with users based on actions they take, set timers for each lesson, set prerequisites for courses, and offer grading and badges. You can also offer the courses in bundles and even create a marketplace similar to Udemy where people can buy your courses. It integrates natively with many membership softwares including Memberium and also with many email providers and CRMS including Infusionsoft. It;s responsive and even works with SCORMs.

Cons

Here's what I don't like. It's ugly. The user interface is plain and not very intuitive. You have to buy other add on's so users can do things like take notes, and so that you can begin to have an interface that looks better than native Wordpresss. In other words... ugly. With all the work they put into this software, it is so crazy that they did not spend time on the user experience. It's hard to tell if you're in a Lesson or Topic. It's hard to navigate around the course form Lesson to Less or Topic or Topic to Topic and don't even think about jumping around. The only way to solve these issues is to use precious sidebar real estate for this navigation instead of being able to showcase other offerings. That or your sidebar gets really long. The interface showing which items have been completed and which have not is also ugly. And while you can buy add ons, those are "meh" at best. I finally broke down and hired a developer to tweak the code and make me a nice interface with great navigation, awesome graphics and stats for users in each Lessona nd Topic and so on.

Response from LearnDash

Replied October 2018

Hi Karen, thank you for your review! Regarding the visual components in LearnDash, these are soon to be updated in LearnDash 3.0 - we think you will really like them!

Jeremy from Chewie Media Inc

A premier option for LMS development. Has all of the features you would expect.

Pros

What is not to like about this? Multi-tier courses, classes, teacher interaction, and a handful of gateways to round out this system. There are really too many features to list, and most of them are rounded really nicely. Customer support is quick and easy to work with, the cost isn't prohibitive as this LMS supports creating large projects, and the features feel like fully-realized and integrated aspects of a complete software, not just bolted on options on a lesser-thought-out plugin.

Cons

We ran into a compatibility issue with our event software. It ended up breaking the software, and we had to axe the event system we had put in place because we wanted to use this LMS over others. We also ran into a problem where we couldn't create a class online to register with, and then host the classes offline, manually entering a grade and pass/fail for in-person testing very well. Our specific use-case ended up being the one that this software couldn't handle.

Rick from Rockin Rick Entertainment

Finding LearnDash is the best thing I've done

I created a course 3 years ago and hosted it on Udemy. The course got great reviews from those who bought it, but the price I set for the course was $247 and Udemy has the ability to "discount" your course anytime they want. This allowed them to sell my course for $9. I did not want to promote my course for full price when the customer could go to Udemy and find it for just $9! I had no idea a program like LearnDash existed, and when I first found it I was skeptical that it could actually work as promised. To my very pleasant surprise, LearnDash not only met my expectations, but has blown me away! I would highly recommend LearnDash to ANYONE wanting to produce an online course. There is absolutely no reason to spend between $40 and $100 each month to host your course when LearnDash can do it all for a one-time purchase. Going with LearnDash is a no brainer.

Pros

Great platform that is robust and easy to use.

Cons

I have not found anything about the software I do not like.

Excellent LMS

This product covers all the basics needed for an organization who has basic learning needs (e.g. tracking for compliance/basic on-boarding and product information).

Pros

This is one of the easiest LMS's to implement if you have someone in your team who knows how to use WordPress.

Cons

It doesn't have all the bells and whistles like a Moodle LMS but has all the fundamentals to give your workers an online space to learn on.

LearnDash Solved Our Problems!

We work in a complicated system with a number of individuals who are not able to be in our LMS. That said we needed a solution, and this is where we turned to LearnDash. We run it as a stand-alone LMS and capture those people who are not in our upper campus managed LMS.

Pros

Cons

No cons really - we just took our time and walked through the implementation process.

Fabienne from Tourism Tribe

LearnDash is super flexible and support is great

Could not fault it

Pros

The flexibility of integration with WordPress, with WooCommerce and WPFusion The quality of the support receive

Cons

Nothing, everything is working like I need it to.

Reasons for Choosing LearnDash

The recommendations online, the support around the tool in the different Facebook group and the integration with the other software I use.

What a Learning Portal/LMS should be.

I used LearnDash to set up a Learning Portal at my prior organization. it allowed me to deploy content to a large user base through the portal, while also allowing me to track our content being used in their xAPI compliant LMS systems and completions of content through our Help system.

Pros

Building a learning portal on WordPress is brilliant. The core features of LearnDash in creating courses is great. Good quiz engine and solid features for offering and tracking courses with clear progress indicators. But the true power of LearnDash is that it works with virtually any theme, and expands its utility with the WordPress ecosystem. Aside from solid partner plugins for coursegrids and gradebooks, there are additional tools that really give LearnDash some amazing content features like H5P and tools to embed and track content from leading eLearning tools like Articulate and Adobe. No end in sight.

Cons

The most challenging parts of LearnDash are managing WordPress and Plugins. The challenge of adding more and more features with plugins is the administrative maintenance it requires. Users just need to be very clear that unlike using a vendor LMS that you just upload content, they must be prepared to get "under the hood" to maintain the system. This is common with professional WordPress Administration, but learning professionals who just used an LMS may not be clear on the fact that this does require some web administration skills.

Rose from Rose Rosetree, LLC

Very grateful to rep , who has delivered exceptional support, by far the best help desk service!

Overall quality of finished workshops is superb, and students express enthusiasm. Originally my designer warned me, "This system is hard to learn, but you'll be pleased with the results. That's true. I do want to give a shout-out to the support team. Rep has given me exceptional tech support, and I can't imagine a more helpful, knowledgeable, kindly guide to the mysteries and complications of LearnDash.

Pros

The finished product. My workshops have exactly the components I wish: As many lessons per course as I wish, installing video and audio recordings, quizzes, and forums. Once I learned how to use the software, it leads to a superb product.

Cons

Over-designed! On the whole, from my perspective, LearnDash is difficult to learn; an upgrade has resulted in far too many choices. For example, used to be that I could easily upload a FILL IN THE BLANKS quiz. Learning the new method, with upgrade, was far more difficult. Each question takes about 6 extra steps, compared to one step previously. As an educator, I do find it offensive that it's supposed to be desirable to copy quiz parts and, apparently, crank out as many quizzes as possible. Why not make that a plug-in, rather than standard operating procedure for those of us who create quality workshops and prefer to not over-complicate.

Luis from YORL Group Inc

Fantastic Front End Design

We have a small CellPhone repair shop in Anaheim, CA. But over the years technicians around the world have been watching our youtube channel, to the point that now we teach MicroSoldering online to all our students. LearnDash is helping us with the heavy lifting of putting it together and presenting all the materials to our students on a secuencial matter, pretty awasome piece of software.

Pros

Cons

Not able to create the lessons titles inside the course creation. In my case, I use (Course-Modules-Lessons), I can create the Modules inside the course creation, but the lessons I have to go to lessons and create them outside. (Not a mayor hassle) but would it be very convinient to be able to create them inside the course, only the titles that is. Also, not being able to 'Clone' an existing course with it's modules, lessons and quizes, but with a bit or looking I was able to find a couple of plugins that did the trick.

Andy from The Finance Business Partner

Brilliant product, great support, loads of plugins

I installed Learndash to host and sell online learning videos. I run face to face training mainly and the online courses support that. It has worked well for me and I have been selling courses also for a few months. I have a feedback from at the end of my course and one of the questions is 'how easy is the website and course to navigate?'. 19 people completed the questionnaire last month (the first month), about 20% of users and they 18 scored it 5/5 and 1 4/5. So that says to me that the Learndash user journey and experience is really good. So overall I am really pleased and to be honest its amazing that such tech is available at such a good price.

Pros

It is just great value for money - what you get even as standard is really good. Loads of free plugins which are great. And I really like Notes and Private Sessions paid plugins. The support is also very good and genuinely helpful

Cons

The only tricky part was working out the plugins needed for user registration, but there is an excellent guide on line. Like with all Wordpress tech theres always a few different options and it takes a while to figure out what is best for you.

Rick from Fascinating Monsters

Highly recommended LMS plugin for WordPress

I discovered how easy it was to create online courses. LearnDash has allowed me to expand my client base.

Pros

I'm a WordPress implementer. A couple years ago I was approached by a client who wanted to develop an online course for non-native English speakers to study for their certifications. I'd never developed online courses before so I had to do A LOT of research. For that project, I decided on LifterLMS and I still do most of my online course development with Lifter. I'll go into why in that review, obviously. But LearnDash has certainly come very close to feature parity with Lifter. There are only a few differences in terms of functionality. Lifter's add-on system can be confusing to explain to a client whereas LearnDash is easy to sell. There are some specialized features for teams that are only available on Lifter, however. The smart course creation tool is very very good. If you're worried about how to build a complex course with video and text, don't be. LearnDash makes it easy. But LearnDash IS multisite compatible and Astra Pro, a popular WP theme, provides built-in support. Another bonus is that LearnDash has a free version to get your feet wet, available on the repo.

Cons

There's no support for multiple teachers per course. Lifter's frontend student dashboards are nicer.

Dean from Staggrd

Woocommerce and Product Feature not compatible.

Unfortunately you must make an early decision if you wish to use the features of Learndash or create a profitable product. While LearnDash goes to great lengths to showcase their features. Once you attempt to use these outside of their limited sales pathway many will no longer be available to you. Using the features and scalable processes of woocommerce will remove many features that make Learndash at first glimpse and during superficial reviews attractive. Any experienced UX designers will understand that this is a huge issue. Any user will be disappointed if they can purchase a product not available to them. In many countries selling a customer a product not available to them is illegal and will expose you to legal issues. Very limiting for those wishing to make their product available or sale. Purchase with care. Not as seamless presented throughout the presales marketing.

Pros

Suitable for small, internal, and experimental projects. Lacks the sophistication to create a large, scalable, and sellable products.

Cons

Unfortunately while it is possible to sell courses through woocommerce, doing so will remove the listed features of the learndash product. Most businesses will end up selling through woocommerce to unlock automations and the power of wordpress (ie adding customers to mailchimp, adding the sale to accounting software, directing a customer post sales path etc). Unfortunately once you make a product available for sale through woocommerce many of the listed product features fail. Most notably the course prerequisite feature. Users can purchase any course available in woocommerce regardless of any restriction or settings made in Learndash.

Response from LearnDash

Replied December 2018

We are really sorry that our product didn't meet the specific needs of your unique use-case. We hope that you have found a solution that works for you. We wanted to address a couple points from this review since it contains misleading information that might confuse others: - Course prerequisites still work when selling with WooCommerce. Content cannot be viewed until all of the determined conditions are first met. -Using WooCommerce to sell courses doesn't expose a business to legal issues. If it is preferred that a product in Woo not be displayed until a prerequisite is completed first then this is indeed possible using LearnDash features.

Ahmed from ANAcademy

A very good WordPress LMS

Pros

I used LearnDash for WordPress for a few years now. It's well developed, feature rich, and stable plugin that integrates well with any theme. In LD you have a hierarchy of Courses->Lessons->Topics which can be utilized to develop easy to navigate courses. Quizzes are also a good feature. I18n is also great, they provide .pot files to translate to your own language if translation is not readily provided

Cons

Pricing model is quite awkward. I can't really find a good enough use case for a 1-site licenses vs pro 5-site license, unless I'm a developer/service provider

We switched to Learndash, and as a developer, I LOVE IT.

The two best WordPress LMS plugins are LearnDash and LifterLMS. It was a hard choice between the two. But we chose Learndash because of their easy-to-use API. The major thing missing from LearnDash is that it still does require a developer (or a experienced Wordpress user) to set up. There's no easy way to plug-and-play. I wouldn't be able to hand this off to a Wordpress novice.

Pros

LearnDash has plenty of APIs to do all sorts of fancy things. For other LMSes, I had to write a lot of custom code to do what LearnDash does right out of the box. I also love how flexible LearnDash is. There's a lot of plugins that work alongside LearnDash.

Cons

There is a learning curve to setting it up. There's a lot of options. I also wish that Learndash does user management in a much more streamline way. Right now, you have to modify every user individually, or build a script to manage users. I also couldn't figure out how to use their ProPanel software.

Serko from AHI Real Estate & Insurance Services

LearnDash - It's a no brainer!

Pros

Ease of use, scalability, customizability, support and customer service CAN'T be beaten!

Cons

There's a slight learning curve. Nothing too overwhelming!

The best online teaching platform

Its the best online teaching platform.

Pros

We tried Thinkific and Teachable before we started using LearDash. Nothing compares to LearnDash. If you want to control your content and user experience, LearnDash is the best option. LearnDash allows you to decide how to present your courses, how to sell it and promote it. It integrates with WooCommerce and plenty of other plugins. Customer support is responding very fast.

Cons

Reporting tools could be better, now we are using a different plugin.

christina from Meisolle Dukkemageri

Love the support

Untill now I am satisfied

Pros

Customer service is very impotent for me, that I don't feel stupid when I ask all my questions and I am very satisfied the the help I got from support so far, I think I have got fast help even with the time difference. I have a lot to learn about LearnDash, but it seams easy to navigate in. I am not an expert but I manage.

Cons

I just think that the dokumentation is a bit outdated, it could be better. But again did support help me.

Nick from Caterpillar

Industry: Machinery

Very good option for basic LMS functionality

Pros

If you have experience in WordPress, this platform is an incredible bargain and toolset. Most decent LMS options are developed for large organizations, and are priced accordingly (and by seat). For smaller companies or for situations where you don't want to pay per user (Customer facing training, etc.), LearnDash is a good option. It's pretty easy to setup and configure, and there are a bunch of add-ons and extensions that make it pretty powerful.

Cons

The only minor issues I have is customization. The simplicity of setup by using WordPress also means that you have a harder time customizing things to exactly what you want. Though, to me (and most of our users/customers) the default setup is typically pretty good anyway.

Anissa from Impact Virtual Solutions

Industry: Graphic Design

Good course creation plugin for WordPress

I've used LearnDash a few times for clients who wanted to house courses on their own websites. My own pitfall with LearnDash is that it isn't very user friendly. Also, we still need to add a membership plugin to create memberships if we wanted to set up recurring payments and protect content that wasn't involved with the course. However, LearnDash is customizable enough that we could stay on brand without risk of confusing users.

Pros

It allowed me to create courses for my clients right on their websites without needing to use a 3rd party. So everything is housed and branded for them specifically.

Cons

It isn't user friendly if you're not tech savvy. There's a lot of room for growth on the design front.

Response from LearnDash

Replied February 2019

Thanks for your review Anissa! At the time of this review we are currently finishing up LD3. This will greatly improve the templates/design for the front-end, and also make things easier on the back-end for those not as familiar with WordPress. We think you'll really like these improvements! :)

Brian from AppPresser

LearnDash is the shit!!

Pros

LearnDash is not only easy to use from an end user perspective but as a developer its easy to extend and integrate with other software solutions. Weve integrated LearnDash with AppPresser so our users can easily set up iOS and Android mobile apps powered by LearnDash features, capabilities, and content. In other words you can easily create a members based LMS mobile app via plug and play.

Cons

The only con is that we didnt start integrating with LearnDash sooner.

Rhondalynn from Businest Pty Ltd.

Overall good software

Pros

This package is extremely easy to set up and use. Lots of really great features. However, I would recommend getting help if you need to set up buckets and templates.

Cons

I found creating and managing the quizzes not very intuitive. Also, no matter what I do, I cannot get the software to push out notifications when students have completed homework. I need to check it daily which is not ideal because it means I have to do a lot of digging to find what is outstanding.

Terje from Norsk Vann

Industry: Utilities

Just works

We are running online courses for professionals, slowly going from 100% classroom based to close to 90% online. Some lab-work must still be done on-site.

Pros

Having used other educational software earlier where you have to adapt what you want to do to how the software lets you do it, it is both refreshing and extremely rewarding to use a learning platform that tailors to you need, instead of the other way around. Also, the support is excellent!

Cons

It can be fiddly to set up a system built on open source where different plugins and software has to be 100 % compatible.

Brad from Avatara

We created a training website for our client base with LearnDash

Considering that to get a site built for us it would cost $5,000 annual and we built it ourselves for less that $1,000 and $500 annually.

Pros

After watching a quick Youtube video on how to create a Learning Management Site. After that it was pretty simplistic to get started. It worked well and we were able to set up our courses, lessons, and quizzes. Everything was easy to connect and create a good flow for each product and lesson we were wanting to cover.

Cons

Some of the notification features didn't really work and we had to get additional plugins to complete the type of automation we were looking for.

Robert from Woodward Academy

Best plugin for creating a custom eCourse platform.

Pros

I love that LearnDash integrates with other 3rd party plugins and can be customized to meet the needs and objectives of my courses.

Cons

Turning in and managing assignments is a bit clunky...no native Google integration. Also, wish there were more question types available for quizzes.

Ross from 3.7 Designs

We recommend LearnDash to all of our clients

We have lots of clients that are moving into the eLearning space. They typically have a wide range of needs that fall well outside of a "off the shelf" LMS. That's what's so great about LearnDash - our clients that need a simple solution and want to own their data, content, etc... can simply install and go. Our clients that need custom workflows, solutions and design we can layer functionality on top of LearnDash.

Pros

Structure in a way that it works well for any scale. We've used it on small, one course projects and projects with dozens of courses with unique workflows and needs. It's a great fit in all situations.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind, we've always found a way to make things work.

Anissa from Impact Virtual Solutions

Industry: Graphic Design

Best WordPress Plugin for Courses!

I have been using LearnDash for almost 2 years. It is a great plugin for courses and the most recent update has made it even better.

Pros

Cons

It would be awesome if LearnDash came with a template for a user dashboard that we can just input to a page and direct people to.

Namrata from WisdmLabs

Great Plugin for Private Tutors and Small to Medium Scale Businesses

We've been working with LearnDash for a while now, and our clients have had great experience with the plugin. The features and extensions available, make it an ideal plugin to get your online training website started. The highlights would have to be the possibility to drip feed content, e-commerce support (through add-ons), TinCan API compliance, and the excellent customer support. LearnDash however lacks advanced quizzing and reporting capabilities that might be expected by enterprise-level businesses. But the plugin feature road-map looks promising.

Pros

Support to Drip-feed Content, Ease of Use, TinCan API Compliance, Membership & eCommerce plugin integration, Customer Support

Cons

Quizzing Module, Documentation needs improvement

David from Unicorn Digital Services

Learndash 3

I am creating course materials and have found Learndash to be easy to work with and solving all of my needs so far.

Pros

I like the intuitive nature of this software and that it works with payment processors out of the box. I like that my theme software of choice (Astra) provides a good starting point and sop far very happy.

Cons

Nothing so far. I am still new to using it but don't expect anything will be an issue based on my experience to date.

Reasons for Choosing LearnDash

Better pricing and user interface more intuitive. Both are excellent products and probably leapfrog each other from time to time in terms of user experience. Although LifterLMS is free, the addons to make it work are not.

Michael from Amdecon

After a solid year of finding out what didn't work I discovered LearnDash and things took off!

I've grossed over a million dollars using LearnDash.

Pros

It did what I needed 95% of the way I needed it done.

Cons

The current version wasn't available 5 years ago. It still had some growing to do.

Anchit from Information Technology and Services

I freaking LOVE LearnDash and this awesome support team!

I've been pretty hesitant before buying any LMS plugin. There have been an overwhelming number of options and it's been puzzling. After some clarifications with the LearnDash support team, I decided to go for this product. Overall, I freaking LOVE LearnDash and this awesome support team! I feel that it's actually this particular support team that makes this product so awesome. They're amazing and I feel that they go out of their way to solve my problems.

Pros

Lots of features. Competitive pricing. Many features are provided out of the box (as opposed to other sites that make you buy addons for basic features). Last but the strongest one - the support team! You can count on them if it's _anything_ related to LearnDash. I even learnt about a staging feature present in webhosts, that I didn't know about.

Cons

A few more themes would have been helpful, although the default theme is pretty decent.

Rod from Rod Machado's Aviation Learning Center

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

What a Great LMS Platform

It's darn easy to use. I did have a few questions during my setup but the support team helped within a day.

Pros

LearnDash is easy to use, has many functions that I need and enjoy and the support is excellent. I highly recommend this software to anyone thinking about creating an LMS.

Cons

Can't think of anything meaningful or worthy to write here.

Jacque from Hudson Group Consulting

Incredible customer experience

The LD experience has been a great one. Easy to set up, course builder very intuitive, and was able to get my course structure built in no time. Best part of experience was [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in client services- very responsive and owned my issue from start to finish. The dev team made my needs a priority, which made all the difference

Pros

Courses easy to set up Clean design and intuitive set up

Cons

Came across module drip issue, but dev team was ON it!

Peggy from Transform Your World

Great support

Once I figured it out, publishing my courses became a quick, simple process. There are also a lot of tutorials that are quite helpful when they address the issue I'm searching for.

Pros

It does the job nicely without an overload of bells and whistles. One of the main things I appreciate is the great tech support they give and have given since I've been using this software several years ago.

Cons

As long as they keep helping me when I have issues, I'm very happy with it.

Michelle from NannyTraining.com

LearnDash to the Rescue

Customer service is fantastic and helpful.

Pros

LearnDash is easy to implement and maintain, even if you have limited experience with website technology.

Cons

I wish there was more detailed reporting.

Nigel Masimba from Calmlock Web Design

A Really Great LMS

I have completed online courses built with LearnDash and they were well designed and set up. I am also a web developer and use LearnDash to build online courses for clients. It is far better than most other LMS solutions I tested.

Pros

Easy installation. Detailed documentation. A strong community of users and developers. Integration with other plugins and tools

Cons

It takes a lot of work to set up at first. It has a steep learning curve, especially for people who have never managed a website before. It is expensive for low budget clients and non-profits who will receive little to no return on their work.

Easy to Use, Effective E-learning Platform for WordPress

I help my clients build out on-demand and e-learning programs for their clients. I very much enjoy the experience of building out these programs using LearnDash.

Pros

I like the ease of use, the ability to make courses progressive or not, add quizzes at both the topic and module level as well as certificates upon completion. I also like that there are several plugins that have been developed to offer additional capability.

Cons

I have found that clients anticipate having a large user base in the future, as well as having a need to offer larger clients with multiple locations the ability to have administration capabilities at both the local and the corporate levels, which even the most feature-rich plugins do not offer as of yet.

Kyle from Easy Digital Downloads

For everyone, by the experts

I've been writing custom extensions for LearnDash for several years now and have absolutely loved the experience. The LearnDash team is helpful and knowledgeable. The LearnDash community on Facebook is warm and active. The code is easy to extend and customize.

Pros

No one, and I mean no one, knows more about e-learning than the people behind LearnDash. They focus everything they have on solving real problems for real e-learning site owners. If I have questions, not just about the product, but about e-learning in general, they are always my first resource.

Cons

Almost all of my critiques of LearnDash have been small usability and code based issues which are actively being resolved in the upcoming 3.0 release.

Josh from Dog Walker U.

Very useful

If you want to turn your thoughts into a course you can sell this is the one for you. It's affordable and easy to set up.

Pros

Create your own course and charge for it. Easy to use course builder.

Cons

I have not experienced any problems yet.

Raleigh from Codeable

Many years using LearnDash, keeps getting better

We built the course outside LearnDash, which made it easy to plug it all in when ready. We have 400 people run through the course in the first month without any issues. We'll be building more courses into our community academy with LearnDash.

Pros

Simplicity. It's a straight forward product for both the student and the teacher, or the person developing the course. Does everything you need, but also stays easy enough to use without a bunch of clutter or options you don't need.

Cons

Can't think of anything, at one point we had a few students miss the mark complete button on a lesson but that's probably more to do with our design.

Great LMS with more than enough features to great a great learning website

LearnDash enabled me to integrate LMS ability in my website, with so much flexibility to satisfy my basic/average needs. I was able to create online courses directly on my website without having to create complex integrations with standalone software

Pros

LearnDash is a product full of features that make it a great choice for many LMS systems, such as: 1- Based on WordPress, which grants flexibility and integration 2- Create an infinite number of Courses, Modules, Lessons, and Quizzes 3- Reuse content in multiple courses 4- Multilingual support

Cons

Being a WordPress plugin makes it less flexible in some cases. For example, creating vanity URLs might not be as straightforward as it is in other systems. Also, many LMS features are missing such as creating rubrics, which might be critical for educational organizations

Jorge from Consulting

Good for small to medium size businesses

Pros

I've been using this WP plugin for more than a year now. Used it as an alternative for Moodle. Overall as a LMS, its course and quiz builder are very easy to use. It has the basic functionalities you'll need to set-up your online courses.

Cons

The plugin and 3rd party modules are limited. Would be nice if they will have a larger library of extensions. Reports are also a bit limited to the basic ones

Thomas from Solaray Energy Pty Ltd

Industry: Renewables & Environment

Great for internal training

We have used LearnDash to train new sales staff with great success. I found it easy to create the lesson structure, insert my videos and then develop short quizzes to make sure the team were all up to scratch. It's a great tool that I'm very happy with.

Pros

We decided to use LearnDash for our internal training, and couldn't be happier. It has a long list of features including quizzes and lesson timers, and it integrates perfectly into our existing WordPress site.

Cons

LearnDash may be a bit tricky to set up if you are not confident with WordPress plugins, but maybe this is your chance to learn!

Aksa from Travel Earth

Easy to use and manage

Good Software, easy to use even for beginners

Pros

We made a in-house LMS website with Learndash as the core. Its really easy to setup and use. The support team is very helpful. Although we tried most of all LMSes available in market which includes Learnpress, Sensei etc, I found Learndash much easier. Easy documentations too.

Cons

Certificate creation is kind of old school.

Scott from Scott Groves International

Hands Down Best!!!

Scaling up training across the organisation and for client support has been a breeze.

Pros

LearnDash is profoundly simple. The course builder allows you to build on the fly and brainstorm with a Team or simply dump ideas and then drag 'n' drop or add content to populate. So simple!!!

Cons

There's not much to not like. Learning some of the features to switch on or off was my only hold up.

Powerful, thorough LMS

I've built several online courses using LearnDash for WP

Pros

I can build any number of courses and plug them into my WordPress website. It's easy to use and flexible.

Cons

no cons. This plugin is easy to use and works great!

Moises from Blitz Industries, Inc.

LearnDash as an education tool

Overall this is a great tool when you are creating tutorial courses.

Pros

A great tool that allows you to create an educational learning platform with videos, text, quizzes, etc. This tool also integrates with many of the big players such as MemberPress and BuddyPress.

Cons

We use builder tools that are currently not allowed to be used from within the LearnDash system.