• Pros

• "I love the product as it does just what I need and the support if great. "

• "I love the newest 3.0 update! It gives the interface a much better design and aesthetic. This makes it easier to navigate and it helps make LearnDash more user friendly."

• "It just does everything I want and I need. Awesome customer service. It makes a perfect training tool for onboarding new employees and for continuous education of the whole staff."

• Cons

• "A few more themes would have been helpful, although the default theme is pretty decent."

• "A typical software, a bit too complicated - but I guess that is software! "

• "Years ago it was missing some features, but the team is constantly adding features and upgrades."

Browse LearnDash Reviews

Jonathan from MyBodyTutor

A proven and robust tool to create and deliver educational courses

We've used this for a new course we recently created and it has been working well for our students. They provide video training and solid documentation to help get going. It can be confusing at first, and we've had to adjust our course as we've gone along and learned, but once you get used to how it works then it's fast and simple enough.

Pros

The fact that it's used by large universities in Florida, Michigan and Washington gave me confidence that it is reliable. We like how easy it is to create new lessons and assign quizzes to them. The add-on library is fairly large to help expand its capabilities. It's a popular tool with a lot of resources online to help learn how to make the most of it. There are a lot of built-in options for tweaking how it works.

Cons

It is somewhat complex to use compared to other options. That's partially because it provides so many options. You have to put some time into it to get it setup how you want and understand how it works, so it's not as fast to get going with as some other services would be. It could use more question types for the quizzes. There doesn't seem to be an easy way to view all of a student's essays and quiz answers on one page, however there are custom-made plugins that help with this.

Reasons for Choosing LearnDash

Price, reputation, positive reviews, able to run on our own platform/servers

David from Cigar Sense Inc.

Excellent product - terrible support

The Good : + Excellent functionality for authoring courses with all expected media types supported + Excellent functionality & UX for users taking courses + Full-featured for those starting with a blank slate + Mobile responsive (with our theme) The Bad: - Very hard to integrate with existing customized website (theme, plugins, etc) - GravityForms integration virtually useless - Unable to drive course access or pricing based on WP user role - Apparently no hooks allowing implementer to modify their course enrollment process. The Ugly - HORRIBLE SUPPORT!

Pros

The features/functions of this product are top notch. Particularly if you are building a new eLearning site and are willing to use their theme and their UX OOB, this is very easy to implement and has great features.

Cons

The support experience has been horrendous! My task has been to integrate this LMS into an existing website which is very complex and sophisticated, without turning the existing UX on its head. The Support organization has been utterly useless either re-directing me to other plugins or mis-directing me with information that was simply wrong. The GravityForms integration is so poorly conceived as to be useless for my needs, and Support cannot provide any developer-level assistance at all. I've tried everything to get through to them - even contacting the CEO via LinkedIn - with no success. I'm now on the verge of demanding they cancel my license and refund the fee.

Reasons for Choosing LearnDash

It appeared to offer a better UX, but we ultimately found it very difficult to modify their user registration and course enrollment process.

Eric from Pastel Education

Awesome Support Team

Overall, my experience with LearnDash has been wonderful. It is an easy-to-use tool that is the basis of our eLearning platform

Pros

- Ease of use and set-up - Built-in functionality to present users courses in an organized way - Compatibility with multiple plug-ins and themes - Great value for the price

Cons

- Sometimes the features are a bit restricting

Reasons for Switching to LearnDash

LearnDash was much more flexible and allowed for more customization/membership options. The pricing for LearnDash was also much more reasonable.

Alain from Casa Indigo

Great piece of software

Pros

Easy to use and configure. Support has been great, they try to understand and help.

Cons

Certificate editing, simply awful. I found my way around and make it work, but for sure it can be better.

Reasons for Switching to LearnDash

I had difficulties to integrate it in the current website, support did not help me to overcome. I simply trow away the license I had and bought a new one of LearnDash.

Chi from E-Learning

Great customer support, product needs some improvement

I am an open online Chinese course provider. I used to develop an entire course using our own software, based on Moodle. It worked quite well, but I thought using a plug-in might be the smart move since I want to also optimize the quizzes and courses for SEO purposes. This turned out to be not so easy, in fact, it might make the URL structure much more chaotic than it is if you simply use a "normal" SEO strategy separating the blog content and the free course content. Almost all my customer support requests lead to the conclusion that I will need to hire a programmer to solve the issue. I definitely see more flexibility with moodle, if you have the knowledge to set up a server and run the moodle there. If you are someone who is just starting up alone, or with very little technical understanding, LearnDash would definitely be the right choice. but I think if you grow bigger, you will probably need something that can fulfill more purposes.

Pros

What I love is the customer support. I have encountered some issues and have always had a great experience with customer support. Especially one employee [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] went a long way to make sure my problem was solved. Though the problem stayed as a default setup, she truly made it easy to keep using the solution. The customer support overall is amazing. For anyone who has a standard e-learning idea, I think LearnDash is the product to go for BECAUSE of the customer support.

Cons

I understand that e-learning products are all quite troublesome due to database issues - it is indeed a sophisticated industry. However, I still have to say LearnDash is not very intuitive to use, especially when you have a concrete idea of how to set up your course. It has an overall extremely complicated URL structure, which makes SEO hard to achieve. And there is no option to make it shorter. Each course creates a line of subcategories, followed by lessons with the same subcategories. And then when you finally reach the quizzes, you simply have a long URL and you have no other way to change that. This is only one of the smaller things that you can't change. Also, it's not possible to insert a page to describe something, followed by a question within a quiz.

Reasons for Choosing LearnDash

Because I thought it would be easier to use LearnDash, since it's not free. The customer support is great though, so that's definitely a plus. But the product itself still has room for improvement, in my opinion.

Dean from Staggrd

Woocommerce and Product Feature not compatible.

Unfortunately you must make an early decision if you wish to use the features of Learndash or create a profitable product. While LearnDash goes to great lengths to showcase their features. Once you attempt to use these outside of their limited sales pathway many will no longer be available to you. Using the features and scalable processes of woocommerce will remove many features that make Learndash at first glimpse and during superficial reviews attractive. Any experienced UX designers will understand that this is a huge issue. Any user will be disappointed if they can purchase a product not available to them. In many countries selling a customer a product not available to them is illegal and will expose you to legal issues. Very limiting for those wishing to make their product available or sale. Purchase with care. Not as seamless presented throughout the presales marketing.

Pros

Suitable for small, internal, and experimental projects. Lacks the sophistication to create a large, scalable, and sellable products.

Cons

Unfortunately while it is possible to sell courses through woocommerce, doing so will remove the listed features of the learndash product. Most businesses will end up selling through woocommerce to unlock automations and the power of wordpress (ie adding customers to mailchimp, adding the sale to accounting software, directing a customer post sales path etc). Unfortunately once you make a product available for sale through woocommerce many of the listed product features fail. Most notably the course prerequisite feature. Users can purchase any course available in woocommerce regardless of any restriction or settings made in Learndash.

Response from LearnDash

Replied December 2018

We are really sorry that our product didn't meet the specific needs of your unique use-case. We hope that you have found a solution that works for you. We wanted to address a couple points from this review since it contains misleading information that might confuse others: - Course prerequisites still work when selling with WooCommerce. Content cannot be viewed until all of the determined conditions are first met. -Using WooCommerce to sell courses doesn't expose a business to legal issues. If it is preferred that a product in Woo not be displayed until a prerequisite is completed first then this is indeed possible using LearnDash features.

Carlos from Sailormen, Inc Popeyes Louisiana Chicken

Industry: Restaurants

LearnDash let you build a great e-learning structure

The Learndash team is on it. Once you create a ticket for any question or concern, they will response quick fast, efficient and direct you to the right path with clear instructions. GREAT SUPPORT TEAM!!!!

Pros

It offers deep functionality that lets us build and customized courses for the management team. Very well structured and run smooth.

Cons

Nothing about the functionality of the software , but the integration of third- party plugins to some important functionalities that should have like a robust reporting, a student (user) portal page and a gamification structure.

Reasons for Choosing LearnDash

Scorm capability and other features need it at the time.

Aaron from PharmacyTechScholar.com

PharmacyTechScholar.com

Setting up an online course, on my own hosted website and with my own branding, has been a great experience. It has allowed me to customize my branding and create a strategy accordingly, which I think is a preferable approach compared to building a course on a universal platform.

Pros

Building my course using LearnDash was simple, even though I had no previous experience in building a webpage. I really like the interface and the ability to customize the branding. My students have had great feedback about the format of the course, especially since I switched to focus mode.

Cons

I'm still learning the software so not I'm note quite sure yet. User management and setting up reporting and email strategies could be better, but there are some add on solutions that may help with this.

Reasons for Choosing LearnDash

Learndash had a better value than LifterLMS, and was better featured than LearnPress. Plus, I saw ample evidence that it was compatible with Divi (my wordpress site theme).

Kike from Arca Digital SAS

Very cheap to be true

For the price, I am very satisfied, as I said, it shows that they have thought the tool very well.

Pros

I bought 2 another WordPress LMS but ur system it's pretty all the e-learn community need . It have the taste of many time inverted very well to have a very impressive LMS.

Cons

Specially for my project: i need to have freedom to organize the quizes like topics, buy it have some restriction and put it the bottom.

Reasons for Switching to LearnDash

The bar to continue the lessons is always at the bottom and is not intuitive. The h5p results are not displayed after completing the results, everything disappears To see the results of a Quizz is not shown in the window but in a small pop-up window The lessons are oriented everywhere to be for time and should not be. The questions do not admit to having commas in the texts, and also for the same reason there is no option for the answers to have commas.

Ashley from Performance Training Academy

Very helpful and solved an issue which saved me a lot of time and stress

Really enjoy using Learndash for my business

Pros

I really enjoy building my online courses and course portfolio - it is very enjoable and user friendly process to use.

Cons

Nothing, it has allowed me to create a great course platform

Reasons for Choosing LearnDash

The ability to host courses on my own website and value

Andrea from L'architetto della mente

A great tool!

I work as a coach and thanks to Learndash I'm a creating my online academy to sell my courses and start to gain a positive passive income.

Pros

I really love learndash and I'm sharing it with my clients. It's easy to use, gorgeous to look and with tons of possibility to create what you have in mind!

Cons

I had trouble understanding how to connect groups and courses.

Reasons for Choosing LearnDash

General reviews, the Black Friday offer and a friend who already used it who talked to me about it

Siets from Rake Vragen

learning

better than Kajabi and Teachable

Pros

once it has been set up, using LD provides a lot of flexibility

Cons

the coherence between parts and functionalities is sometimes unclear + too many features are not optional

Reasons for Switching to LearnDash

My customers had too many issues logging in at Teachable and the helpdesk didn't provide sufficient response

Breda from Aura Internet Services

Very good LMS software

Corporate elearning, seems good for online courses, easy to integrate video, quizzes etc.

Pros

The Learndash is user friendly once you get to grips with the structure of courses, lessons and topics. If you are familiar with wordpress you'll find adding content easy.

Cons

There is a learning curve when you start out, I would like if there was a membership built in rather than having to get a separate plugin.

Reasons for Choosing LearnDash

Seemed to have a nicer interface for setting it up.

Nano from TBR

E-learning Test Prep Perspective

So far it has been pretty good. Setting it up was just what i expected - lots of youtube videos and trial and error. But when you get the hang of it building courses and everything is fun and smooth. Support has been great.

Pros

- Course creation is intuitive. - User friendly. - Layout of course is practical. - Documentation is handy along with "how to...in LearnDash" youtube videos. - It is a right level of simple. Not to the point where it is too simple where you don't feel like it delivers value to the students and not to advanced where it is too difficult for students to use. - Support is helpful.

Cons

- I think you should have the option to mark anything complete. - Add more options to the outline of course. As of now there is only Course, Topics, and Quizzes. It would be handy if you could add homework Assignments and Handouts. Within these Assignments and or Handouts there is checklist that students could follow to check progress of there homework completion. After the checklist is completed only then would the overall progress bar change. - You should be able to save quiz progress. Some quizzes we have are 100 questions and act more as homework (so students do not finish them in one go). - There should be better quiz reporting. Being able to evaluate your own quiz (and even homework) performance effectively is the difference between succeeding and failing. If students could get detailed breakdowns to their performance they could recognize patterns, identify strengths and weaknesses, and ultimately better aim their study efforts. If reporting was to be better it also needs to be intuitive and user friendly. So easy to read graphs and charts, filter options, careful organization of subjects versus performance, and so on. - aesthetics of login pop-up page should have more customization options. - With the pandemic and current era we live in the Zoom feature/ integration should come with product.

Reasons for Choosing LearnDash

It seemed that the price was right for what was offered. But more importantly the documentation and videos on how to set up courses were available and easy to follow. Like I said earlier everything about learndash (from admin point of view and set up to the students view and functionality) is a perfect amount of simple. Not to the point where I, or my students, do not get a good value but it is also not too advanced where it gets confusing and creates frustration.

Don from E-Learning

I chose LearnDash for flexibility

I've been very pleased with LearnDash. It's well-designed, well-documented, and well-supported. It scales well and I look forward to continuing to work with it well into the future.

Pros

I had been using a hosted LMS, but grew frustrated with the artificial limitations imposed on me by its design. I made the decision to switch to LearnDash for the flexibility, so that I would be able to manage and present my courses in whatever way I deemed appropriate for my customers, and so that I would have full control of my content. (The hosted LMS would not let me keep my own backups!) I also wanted to have full control of the user experience.

Cons

There really aren't any cons, as long as you understand this is a large application with many options. The learning curve is substantial, but absolutely worth the time and effort required to master it.

See above.

Reasons for Switching to LearnDash

See my previous comments.

What a Learning Portal/LMS should be.

I used LearnDash to set up a Learning Portal at my prior organization. it allowed me to deploy content to a large user base through the portal, while also allowing me to track our content being used in their xAPI compliant LMS systems and completions of content through our Help system.

Pros

Building a learning portal on WordPress is brilliant. The core features of LearnDash in creating courses is great. Good quiz engine and solid features for offering and tracking courses with clear progress indicators. But the true power of LearnDash is that it works with virtually any theme, and expands its utility with the WordPress ecosystem. Aside from solid partner plugins for coursegrids and gradebooks, there are additional tools that really give LearnDash some amazing content features like H5P and tools to embed and track content from leading eLearning tools like Articulate and Adobe. No end in sight.

Cons

The most challenging parts of LearnDash are managing WordPress and Plugins. The challenge of adding more and more features with plugins is the administrative maintenance it requires. Users just need to be very clear that unlike using a vendor LMS that you just upload content, they must be prepared to get "under the hood" to maintain the system. This is common with professional WordPress Administration, but learning professionals who just used an LMS may not be clear on the fact that this does require some web administration skills.

Jesus from Blue Squares Creative, LLC

After months of testing Saas and WordPress LMS plugins, LearnDash came out on top.

This software is helping us simplify and streamline our ability to deliver online training to students at an affordable cost.

Pros

We needed many features that were hard to find in SaaS based LMS solutions and WP plugins. Here's a list of features that pushed us towards LearnDash because it worked with our stack or is helping us upgrade it: 1. Integration with Zapier (allows communication with our Podio CRM hub) 2. Integration with any Shopping cart with One-Click Upsells. We will be migrating to SamCart after 6 years with Nanacast. 3. Ability to "Recycle" LMS content. (i.e. use one lecture in multiple classes) 4. Progress % for classes so students can see their progress. 5. Forum integration for class discussions. We chose BBPress and it works perfectly with it. 6. ActiveCampaign integration for email management. LearnDash included all these features and they work. This was the *only* solution I found after months of testing WP plugins and Saas platforms that met our requirements. So far, setup has gone smooth and updates have not broken anything.

Cons

My biggest con is that this is a WP plugin and I'm hesitant to run mission critical software on WordPress. But since all the SaaS LMS' solutions were missing critical features, I decided to give this a shot. In order to gain some peace of mind and find a middle of sorts, I decided to go the extremely safe route with hosting and chose Kinsta since they use the Google Cloud and their pricing structure is reasonable. Plus, having a "staging area" is nice along with their daily backups, crazy speed and Nginx reverse proxy caching.

Rose from Rose Rosetree, LLC

Very grateful to rep , who has delivered exceptional support, by far the best help desk service!

Overall quality of finished workshops is superb, and students express enthusiasm. Originally my designer warned me, "This system is hard to learn, but you'll be pleased with the results. That's true. I do want to give a shout-out to the support team. Rep has given me exceptional tech support, and I can't imagine a more helpful, knowledgeable, kindly guide to the mysteries and complications of LearnDash.

Pros

The finished product. My workshops have exactly the components I wish: As many lessons per course as I wish, installing video and audio recordings, quizzes, and forums. Once I learned how to use the software, it leads to a superb product.

Cons

Over-designed! On the whole, from my perspective, LearnDash is difficult to learn; an upgrade has resulted in far too many choices. For example, used to be that I could easily upload a FILL IN THE BLANKS quiz. Learning the new method, with upgrade, was far more difficult. Each question takes about 6 extra steps, compared to one step previously. As an educator, I do find it offensive that it's supposed to be desirable to copy quiz parts and, apparently, crank out as many quizzes as possible. Why not make that a plug-in, rather than standard operating procedure for those of us who create quality workshops and prefer to not over-complicate.

Luis from YORL Group Inc

Fantastic Front End Design

We have a small CellPhone repair shop in Anaheim, CA. But over the years technicians around the world have been watching our youtube channel, to the point that now we teach MicroSoldering online to all our students. LearnDash is helping us with the heavy lifting of putting it together and presenting all the materials to our students on a secuencial matter, pretty awasome piece of software.

Pros

Easy to setup, able to re-use different lessons for different courses. Good constant flow of information and ideas trough their blog. Fast customer support response.

Cons

Not able to create the lessons titles inside the course creation. In my case, I use (Course-Modules-Lessons), I can create the Modules inside the course creation, but the lessons I have to go to lessons and create them outside. (Not a mayor hassle) but would it be very convinient to be able to create them inside the course, only the titles that is. Also, not being able to 'Clone' an existing course with it's modules, lessons and quizes, but with a bit or looking I was able to find a couple of plugins that did the trick.

Aaron from Thrive Web Designs

LearnDash really offers a lot for the cost - well worth every cent!

We've used and extended LearnDash for about a dozen different client sites (I'm a web developer) - it's easy to set up and our easy to show our clients how to use it. When we've needed to, we've extended the plugin with the Uncanny Owl plugin, some of the other plugins, or through custom code.

Pros

LearnDash is easy to set up and works well with WordPress. I've been using LearnDash for over 4 years and each version gets better, with more options and power. It is the best way to offer online courses, either paid or free and we've set it up with grading or certification for several websites. LearnDash has a lot of features including courses, lessons, quizzes, and more. Also there's additional plugins to help extend it further or if you're a PHP programmer, you can extend it even further. It costs but it really is a premium plugin and they do have great support.

Cons

There is definitely a learning curve the first time you use it but it's all laid out logically and you'll figure it out in no time. Quizzes can take a while to set up but straightforward. There's a few things that are buried in the settings that can be gotchas but overall a really solid product.

LearnDash is better

Dave from Remarkable Stories, Inc.

Solid LMS Package

Pros

I started tinkering with LearnDash a few years ago but never launched my initial product. However, I kept my license active and watched as the LD team continued to upgrade and refine the product. I'm very much a DIY developer and I love that this full-featured package allows me to run a very sophisticated LMS system off of WordPress. The Notifications Add-on fills in a missing piece and enables me to create subscription content wit email notification of timed course content.

Cons

When setting up notifications, it's necessary to manually specify a recipient. If you miss this, nobody will get the email. If "user" was the default recipient, you wouldn't have to double-check in most instances. And in the list of notifications, this would be a great setting to be able to change in bulk or at least see in the dashboard without having to open each notification. Also, while I'm able to do this with shortcodes, I'd love to see a header and footer template for email notifications, and maybe even a visual builder.

Andy from The Finance Business Partner

Brilliant product, great support, loads of plugins

I installed Learndash to host and sell online learning videos. I run face to face training mainly and the online courses support that. It has worked well for me and I have been selling courses also for a few months. I have a feedback from at the end of my course and one of the questions is 'how easy is the website and course to navigate?'. 19 people completed the questionnaire last month (the first month), about 20% of users and they 18 scored it 5/5 and 1 4/5. So that says to me that the Learndash user journey and experience is really good. So overall I am really pleased and to be honest its amazing that such tech is available at such a good price.

Pros

It is just great value for money - what you get even as standard is really good. Loads of free plugins which are great. And I really like Notes and Private Sessions paid plugins. The support is also very good and genuinely helpful

Cons

The only tricky part was working out the plugins needed for user registration, but there is an excellent guide on line. Like with all Wordpress tech theres always a few different options and it takes a while to figure out what is best for you.

LearnDash has nearly made my career

LearnDash has been so useful in my "day job" that I've leveraged my course design into a "side hustle". I honestly don't know what I would do without it.

Pros

I looked at other options, explored Moodle extensively. All our sites are built in WordPress, so I had a fair bit of familiarity - so when I discovered LearnDash, I was excited to try it. This is the exact plugin I needed to solve my compliance and training problems. They keep upgrading its core functionality, I've found other plugins to extend its features, and their support team is very helpful when I make stupid mistakes.

Cons

One would really benefit from a solid understanding of WordPress to make the best use of LearnDash.

Reasons for Choosing LearnDash

WordPress integration and ease of use.

Rod from Rod Machado's Aviation Learning Center

Top Gun eLearning Software

I've had a wonderful experience with this software. It does everything I want it to do. And given the new ability to use "groups" as "memberships," I'm even more impressed.

Pros

I am a big fan of LearnDash for a number of reasons, one of which is its ease of use. You don't need much skill to set up LearnDash given the very detailed tutorials on YouTube.

Cons

Compared to other eLearning softwares, there's nothing I like least in the sense that I give this much thought.

Reasons for Choosing LearnDash

Simplicity of use, versatility, cost andthe enthusiasm of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in his YouTube video review. Yes, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is one of your best salesman. I studied his review after installing WPLMS. I immediately ordered LearnDash and have been very very happy with it.Sincerely,Rod Machado [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Reasons for Switching to LearnDash

Simplicity of use, versatility, cost andthe enthusiasm of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for LearnDash in his YouTube review.

Rick from Fascinating Monsters

Highly recommended LMS plugin for WordPress

I discovered how easy it was to create online courses. LearnDash has allowed me to expand my client base.

Pros

I'm a WordPress implementer. A couple years ago I was approached by a client who wanted to develop an online course for non-native English speakers to study for their certifications. I'd never developed online courses before so I had to do A LOT of research. For that project, I decided on LifterLMS and I still do most of my online course development with Lifter. I'll go into why in that review, obviously. But LearnDash has certainly come very close to feature parity with Lifter. There are only a few differences in terms of functionality. Lifter's add-on system can be confusing to explain to a client whereas LearnDash is easy to sell. There are some specialized features for teams that are only available on Lifter, however. The smart course creation tool is very very good. If you're worried about how to build a complex course with video and text, don't be. LearnDash makes it easy. But LearnDash IS multisite compatible and Astra Pro, a popular WP theme, provides built-in support. Another bonus is that LearnDash has a free version to get your feet wet, available on the repo.

Cons

There's no support for multiple teachers per course. Lifter's frontend student dashboards are nicer.

Drew from Warp Academy

Industry: Music

Excellent & powerful product

Pros

It has many of the features that we were looking for right out of the box without added plugins. The Course Grid View feature with video previews and custom layouts is also exceptional. The codebase is robust and it's got a lot of fantastic documentation. The support is just next level as well. That's played a huge role in our development, as we needed quite a bit of advice on advanced customization for our build. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] on the support team went above and beyond, with same-day replies packed with detailed, and useful information.

Cons

There are a couple of features that are currently available only as WSDM Labs plugin add-ons that I would like added to the core functionality, such as instructor roles and customized testimonials/reviews. But in general, it's extremely good.

Reasons for Switching to LearnDash

We found LearnPress support was not ideal. They're overseas and ESL, so it was tough to get our problems addressed. Also, the codebase of LearnPress leaves a lot to be desired. We had a lot of problems with it running extremely slowly.

Laurent from ARERAM Relais Formation

Un logiciel adaptable au personne en situation de handicap

J'ai gagné du temps, de l'argent

Pros

Çà capacité à proposé aux personnes en situation de handicap un environnement adapté et ergonomique Grace au multiple plugins proposé par wordpress. En plus il est opensource !!

Cons

Il n'y en a pas ... en plus il est opensource.

Sont prix

Manque d'adaptabilité.

David from Codeable

LearnDash is the backbone of our Codeable Academy

LearnDash is the backbone of our Codeable Academy, and we use it to create helpful trainings for our 500+ developer community. In the past we would provide training and resources via a private forum or Google docs. But we didn't know how many users were consuming the information. Now we have full visibility on who has taken a course, how much of it has been completed, and what grades they received on the quizzes. As we continue to add more courses, we see LearnDash playing an integral part in the Codeable Academy, and we're proud to be using it.

Pros

What I like most about LearnDash is the ease of use to implement and setup courses. The training videos that are included inside the plugin made learning to use it and build the courses simple. The plugin itself works perfectly, and we didn't have any issues building our courses. Our users (500+ developers) have had no issues when taking the courses and everything works like a charm.

Cons

No complaints at all so far! When using an LMS plugin, you just want it to work without hassles or needing to contact support. And LearnDash provided a great experience start-to-finish.

Elliott from TriAd Marketing & Media

Not quite there yet

We have been multiple Moodle learning systems and wanted to try this since it seemed easier to setup and use. It was easier, but ultimately took more time because of all the limitations in the system which we had to customize. Many features which are free in Moodle require paid plugins for Learndash and that was frustrating. The structure of the courses is not very intuitive and we had to make a lot of accommodations to work within the confines of the system.

Pros

It works with Wordpress so has a familiar layout to those familiar with Wordpress. Visually it looks good to the end user. Open source, so it was fairly easy to modify for our needs.

Cons

Seems limited when compared to Moodle and this is more expensive. The structure of the courses is pretty limited, for example you can't require only certain activities to be completed in order for a course to be marked completed, all sub-sections are required for completion. The navigation through the courses/lessons/topics could be improved. There are a lot of clicks to get to the course content and it can be frustrating trying to setup a course where the user can easily progress through from beginning to end. Often we found the user would complete a topic/lesson/quiz and there wasn't a clear path forward for them. We had to make some core customization to make this more user friendly.

D'vorah from Share Your Brilliance

Gorgeous and Easy to Use - WordPress Online Classroom Platform

Pros

As an experienced WordPress user (for over 12 years) and a course creator for as many years, I can say that hands-down, LearnDash offers a fantastic, easy-to-use, powerhouse course creation software. Not only is it easy to add and update courses and content, it provides a wonderful user experience for our students! We often receive comments as to how sleek and attractive the online classroom looks and how easy it is to use.

Cons

I can't really say there are any cons however I did need to reach out for support to ask a few questions when initially setting up the interface. That said, we were able to get up and running in record time and able to set up many courses quickly and easily. We produce approximately one course each month, so we needed something that would make it possible for us to replicate the process over and over again.

BARRETT from TURTLE LIFE SUPPORTS CC

They Listen!

Highly recommended!

Pros

Because all e-learning platforms are unique new updates/releases uncover errors that may not have been able to be tested because the combinations of software is infinite. LD support have consistently listened to issues raised, offered solutions where appropriate as well as shown humility in saying oops, we didn't think of that but let's work through this together.

Cons

Learning the course software is not easy to learn. However, the more I use it, the more efficient structures are realised in e-learning course design. They've got a great team developing course structure, which often leads to uncovering up-selling opportunities with my clients.

Great value for money.

Reasons for Switching to LearnDash

Our developer got lazy in progressing the development of our software. Stale software means redundancy!

Karen from Premier Asset Capital

Easy to Use but Ugly User Interface

Lately I have been thinking that because I don't use the quizzes, etc. I could have skipped the whole LMS thing and just created pages or posts that link to the next. Luckily LearnDash is not too expensive so now that it is looking nice (thanks to custom coding), I will probably just stick with it.

Pros

Working with LearnDash is very easy. It works very similar to the other functions in Wordpress. You create a course, add Lessons and then Topics for each lesson. For example, the course could be about How to Be a Real Estate Investor. In that course, you might have multiple lessons like How to Flip Houses, How to But Rental Property, How to Finance Real Estate, etc. The you add the detailed Topics. For example, How to Flip Houses might have things like How to Find Greta Houses to Flip. How to Fund Your Flip House Projects, How to Manage the Rehab. You get the idea... It's literally copy and paste for text and you add graphics the same way you would to any page or post in Wordpress. Also, you can have quizzes, delay the release of certain content, offer certificates and points for completion, sell your courses, interact with users based on actions they take, set timers for each lesson, set prerequisites for courses, and offer grading and badges. You can also offer the courses in bundles and even create a marketplace similar to Udemy where people can buy your courses. It integrates natively with many membership softwares including Memberium and also with many email providers and CRMS including Infusionsoft. It;s responsive and even works with SCORMs.

Cons

Here's what I don't like. It's ugly. The user interface is plain and not very intuitive. You have to buy other add on's so users can do things like take notes, and so that you can begin to have an interface that looks better than native Wordpresss. In other words... ugly. With all the work they put into this software, it is so crazy that they did not spend time on the user experience. It's hard to tell if you're in a Lesson or Topic. It's hard to navigate around the course form Lesson to Less or Topic or Topic to Topic and don't even think about jumping around. The only way to solve these issues is to use precious sidebar real estate for this navigation instead of being able to showcase other offerings. That or your sidebar gets really long. The interface showing which items have been completed and which have not is also ugly. And while you can buy add ons, those are "meh" at best. I finally broke down and hired a developer to tweak the code and make me a nice interface with great navigation, awesome graphics and stats for users in each Lessona nd Topic and so on.

Response from LearnDash

Replied October 2018

Hi Karen, thank you for your review! Regarding the visual components in LearnDash, these are soon to be updated in LearnDash 3.0 - we think you will really like them!

Jeremy from Chewie Media Inc

A premier option for LMS development. Has all of the features you would expect.

Pros

What is not to like about this? Multi-tier courses, classes, teacher interaction, and a handful of gateways to round out this system. There are really too many features to list, and most of them are rounded really nicely. Customer support is quick and easy to work with, the cost isn't prohibitive as this LMS supports creating large projects, and the features feel like fully-realized and integrated aspects of a complete software, not just bolted on options on a lesser-thought-out plugin.

Cons

We ran into a compatibility issue with our event software. It ended up breaking the software, and we had to axe the event system we had put in place because we wanted to use this LMS over others. We also ran into a problem where we couldn't create a class online to register with, and then host the classes offline, manually entering a grade and pass/fail for in-person testing very well. Our specific use-case ended up being the one that this software couldn't handle.

Jeoff from Black Bear Search & Rescue

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Learning curve but much easier than other software

I had tired other "educational" software, and got frustrated with the different aspects of them, cost, install, course building and so on. Tried out LD and it was a very simple install, and pretty straight forward how to build a course and quiz once you reviewed their videos after the install. We tried it out and we love how this software gives us the ability to have many courses for our SAR Team. With the way things are now, we are able to do much of our training via online and minimal exposure with out hands on, meaning that we have cut our time with face to face instruction down to at the minimal half of the time. You cant go wrong with the software, for the features, the abilities of the software, the response of the Tech Support with issues, and its very user friendly... Thanks and keep up the great work LD!!

Pros

Instructs are straight forward, took me a bit to figure out exactly how to make things work the way I wanted them too. If I got in to a bind, LD support was there to help make the program do what I wanted. Two thumbs up for the Tech Support

Cons

The thing that I don't care for is when building a certificate, you almost have to have two windows open to figure out where the placements go. You setup a fake test/quiz, with one question and use that to get a certificate window, go into your builder, and start laying out your certificate. If you try to click on the certificate in builder you get a forbiden page, Would be nice to just be able to open up the certificate and not have to go though so many steps to build or edit a certificate overlay

Reasons for Choosing LearnDash

ease of use, and it made the learning curve very minimal compared to others

Georgia from Georgia Gibbs Design

Create Online Learning Hub with Ease

My experience with LearnDash plugin and with LearnDash the company has been fantastic. My client is thrilled and I am very happy that I can now include this as an option to other clients in the future. It is a powerful LMS for independents and organizations alike.

Pros

Support is always key for me - even if I never need it and even presale the support team was responsive and helpful. After that comes an intuitive interface and they score high here as well. I also used an extensive online library of video lessons any time I wanted to fill in my personal knowledge base. Also, with the inclusion of a partner like Elementor I was able to deliver a workspace to the client that is reflective of their core website.

Cons

We ended up creating this as a subdomain to the parent site and that worked well for us. The addition of Elementor to their pool of available tools is fairly recent and the documentation is slim from both parties. I hope that this improves and that there is a greater ability to customize even more in the future. Also, I wish the documentation was better for user login, especially when you have incorporated WooCommerce.

Reasons for Choosing LearnDash

We looked closer at LearnDash after noting the popularity with other developers. For us, it fit several criteria including the integration of Elementor, the ability to tie to Zoom, the ability to drip content, the ability to control the availability to the workshop.

Reasons for Switching to LearnDash

I don't want to name them but we did a full development on another product and it just would not ever work properly. After six weeks we made the decision to cut our losses and switch to LearnDash.

Margi from Yoga for Mental Health

Outstanding customer support

Super awesome and friendly customer service. They talk with me in normal language so I can understand and they really try to get to the heart of the issue.

Pros

I'm not the developer of my site but I do make all of the changes, etc. So when my students were purchasing classes but the classes weren't getting onto their dashboard immediately - I contacted LearnDash and they helped immediately. What a relief!

Cons

Because the developer I used was the one to implement the software, I wish I could say more here. However, I don't have anything to share here because I use it to load classes etc. but that is all. And customer service helps me when I need it. I also realize I need to learn more to take care of a few issues but I don't feel that is a LearnDash concern.

Pierre from Sci-Sport School

Excellent LMS with excellent support

After losing my time with a LMS theme for wordpress, cheap but full of bugs (and still not working properly to this day), I decided to give a chance to LearnDash. In three months, I set up my elearning platform without problem and sell my first course. I had no problems with LearnDash, and the support even helped me with compatibility with other plugins. The support is always quick and very serious in the investigation of a problem. The documentation is very complete and the Facebook group is very helpful.

Pros

I'm using Learndash with WooCommerce and Cartflows. Perfect integration. Seamless integration also with Elementor, I customized my entire site easily. LearnDash plays very well with other major plugins. That's perfect. The support is very good and quick to answer to any questions. Nevertheless, I didn't have much problems with LearnDash. And when I had, it was because of other plugins. But the support even helped me to find a solution. In term of learning, it's very easy to construct courses and to sell them. I love the focus mode and the ProPanel. I can't wait to see what will be next !

Cons

There are not a lot of things I don't like about LearnDash. Maybe I would like to have more native functions of customization. But that's not much. The entire experience as a creator and as a user is very good.

Ted from TEFL Educator / TEFL Boot Camp

Good Quality, Reasonable Price, Excellent Support

Easy for students to use. Overall experience, quite good. The tech support people are extra helpful, very patient and super supportive. I don't often need their help, but when I do, I've usually got a serious problem and I really really need help! They rescue you without judgement! :-) By far the best people I've dealt with in ANY company. Tech support on weekends would be great.

Pros

Easy to use (comparatively speaking) for course developers and students and 100% reliable. Has to be 100% reliable.

Cons

A typical software, a bit too complicated - but I guess that is software!

Reasons for Choosing LearnDash

Price, recommendation from other course providers.

Ahmed from ANAcademy

A very good WordPress LMS

Pros

I used LearnDash for WordPress for a few years now. It's well developed, feature rich, and stable plugin that integrates well with any theme. In LD you have a hierarchy of Courses->Lessons->Topics which can be utilized to develop easy to navigate courses. Quizzes are also a good feature. I18n is also great, they provide .pot files to translate to your own language if translation is not readily provided

Cons

Pricing model is quite awkward. I can't really find a good enough use case for a 1-site licenses vs pro 5-site license, unless I'm a developer/service provider

Bruno from Audio Formations

We run all our courses on Learndash

Positive. We run all our Elearning courses on Learndash.

Pros

The reason for our choice of Learndash software was to build our own LMS platform, without any coding and now we run on it all our courses, short and long. Easily and without great problems.

Cons

- Reporting could be improved a lot. In France, we need a lot of it for legal reasons. At the end of a course, we need to export a complete and individual report for each student. Pdf export of such a document would be a great improvement for all French training organizations . - Impossible to send easily an email to all or a group of students ... Or didn't I find the way to do it ?

Reasons for Switching to LearnDash

Because of the cost of these platforms and to be independent.

We switched to Learndash, and as a developer, I LOVE IT.

The two best WordPress LMS plugins are LearnDash and LifterLMS. It was a hard choice between the two. But we chose Learndash because of their easy-to-use API. The major thing missing from LearnDash is that it still does require a developer (or a experienced Wordpress user) to set up. There's no easy way to plug-and-play. I wouldn't be able to hand this off to a Wordpress novice.

Pros

LearnDash has plenty of APIs to do all sorts of fancy things. For other LMSes, I had to write a lot of custom code to do what LearnDash does right out of the box. I also love how flexible LearnDash is. There's a lot of plugins that work alongside LearnDash.

Cons

There is a learning curve to setting it up. There's a lot of options. I also wish that Learndash does user management in a much more streamline way. Right now, you have to modify every user individually, or build a script to manage users. I also couldn't figure out how to use their ProPanel software.

Serko from AHI Real Estate & Insurance Services

LearnDash - It's a no brainer!

Pros

Ease of use, scalability, customizability, support and customer service CAN'T be beaten!

Cons

There's a slight learning curve. Nothing too overwhelming!

Ease of use INCREDIBLE Customer Service

The best online teaching platform

It’s the best online teaching platform.

Pros

We tried Thinkific and Teachable before we started using LearDash. Nothing compares to LearnDash. If you want to control your content and user experience, LearnDash is the best option. LearnDash allows you to decide how to present your courses, how to sell it and promote it. It integrates with WooCommerce and plenty of other plugins. Customer support is responding very fast.

Cons

Reporting tools could be better, now we are using a different plugin.

Joyce from Joyce Killaars - bedrijfsverbeteraar

Great software and awesome support

It's great, the LearnDash support site and knowledge base are extensive and mostly very clear. It ensures constant progress and learning a lot in the process. Reaching out for support has been GREAT, these people (big shoutout to Ali) understand the value of going the extra mile for their customers. Also not stopping at their own product, but actively thinking along to see if connections with other plugins were what they needed to be. All this combined makes sure I will keep using LearnDash for future projects too, I'm a fan.

Pros

I like the fact that it's easy to use with a visual pagebuilder, easy to connect to a commercial tool like WooCommerce and that it comes with soooo many options to customize to the needs of the specific contents and users.

Cons

The variety of options are great, but also overwhelming at times. As a first time user from concept into production there was a lot of reading and Googling involved. Some options that would seem apparant to me (such as adding a log off button for users, having them be able to see their own answers to quizquestions after finalizing them, translating the system language to our own) were difficult to find info about and implement correctly. It's not a click and go type of software, but more than worth while thanks to the many options to cater to your every need and wish.

Reasons for Choosing LearnDash

It has a great reputation, pricing was good and reasonable (for the first year anyway), a lot of info is to be found all over the internet because it's widely used and the option to work with the page builder we were already using in this WP website.

A Fully-Featured Learning Management System (LMS)

Our experience with LearnDash has been excellent. Before purchasing a LearnDash license, I was a little skeptical about how effectively this LMS software would improve the sites on which we offer courses and other protected content. After about 5 months of regular use, I believe the software does live up to the hype.

Pros

For our online courses and membership site, LearnDash' Quiz functionality has been particularly helpful. The ability to create quizzes with different question types (single choice, multiple choice, sorting choice, etc.) quickly and easily adds to our productivity and is one reason why we are able to retain our customers who attend these courses and/or sign up to our membership site.

Cons

There was a bit of a learning curve at the beginning, but the LearnDash knowledge base is more than adequate in helping the average user overcome early challenges with the software. We use LearnDash on a membership site - although the LearnDash LMS was able to protect the content, we found this functionality somewhat limited for what we wanted on our membership site and decided to purchase a separate membership plugin, i.e. Restrict Content Pro - this plugin works well with LearnDash.

Tyler from USICOA

Hands down the best we tested and landed on

Overall it's been excellent. We use it every day to train our users and they've loved the way it works.

Pros

LearnDash has [almost] all the features needed for online courses. We use them for training courses. The course assembly, workflow, and quiz features are used on a day-to-day basis and extremely easy to manage. Extensions are available to make everything look better for the end user, and the price is not dirt cheap, but it's competitive. It's spot on for what it offers and we're extremely happy with it!

Cons

The only things that are lacking are able to be put in by modifying the code, which we have done. Since they're not available as features, it makes it a bit more time-consuming during updates (such as blocking courses or areas from users who aren't logged in, etc.)

Simon from Boomslang MG

Lerndash is the Perfect E-Learning Platform

Learndash is a creative and fun to platform to work with.

Pros

Simplicity, functionality and loads of avaliable plugins to add feature

Cons

Not that I dislike it but it is difficult in beginning to know whicht theme and server provider to choose and why it is so important to make the right choice. Would like to have even more recomendation from Learndash regarding this.

Reasons for Choosing LearnDash

Choose worpress as platform to build it on. After that, Learndash was the obvious choice.

christina from Meisolle Dukkemageri

Love the support

Untill now I am satisfied

Pros

Customer service is very impotent for me, that I don't feel stupid when I ask all my questions and I am very satisfied the the help I got from support so far, I think I have got fast help even with the time difference. I have a lot to learn about LearnDash, but it seams easy to navigate in. I am not an expert but I manage.

Cons

I just think that the dokumentation is a bit outdated, it could be better. But again did support help me.

Reasons for Switching to LearnDash

it was a to expensive platform, so instead I wanted to have a learning plugin direct on my website, I am a small business so the cost is also an issue.

Rick from Rockin Rick Entertainment

Finding LearnDash is the best thing I've done

I created a course 3 years ago and hosted it on Udemy. The course got great reviews from those who bought it, but the price I set for the course was $247 and Udemy has the ability to "discount" your course anytime they want. This allowed them to sell my course for $9. I did not want to promote my course for full price when the customer could go to Udemy and find it for just $9! I had no idea a program like LearnDash existed, and when I first found it I was skeptical that it could actually work as promised. To my very pleasant surprise, LearnDash not only met my expectations, but has blown me away! I would highly recommend LearnDash to ANYONE wanting to produce an online course. There is absolutely no reason to spend between $40 and $100 each month to host your course when LearnDash can do it all for a one-time purchase. Going with LearnDash is a no brainer.

Pros

Great platform that is robust and easy to use.

Cons

I have not found anything about the software I do not like.

Reasons for Switching to LearnDash

Udemy can discount your course to $9 without your permission, and I hated that my course would go away on Teachable if I stopped my monthly subscription. That would make me have to continue my subscription indefinitely for people who purchased my course on their platform.

Nathan from Freelance

LearnDash can be overwhelming but worth the time investment

Positive. I was able to make online courses and sell them online in a relatively short timeframe. The building process took a long time but having a custom-made LMS through WordPress gave me a lot of freedom and helped me build my business away from major course conglomerates.

Pros

LearnDash is incredibly customizable. If you have a vision of an online course then you can build it with LearnDash. It is a plugin for WordPress so knowing how to use WordPress is a requirement but that is most of the battle. LearnDash does a great job breaking down the process and has a great support community to help out when you get stuck.

Cons

The learning curve is immense. Many of the features are intuitive but it can be had to put all the pieces together. There are a TON of pieces and you need to know how to code to truly achieve full customization. That is the hardest part. Making sure you know where all the pieces are and how to use them correctly.

Reasons for Choosing LearnDash

I had already built a WordPress site so this was a natural extension of the site.