LearnDash

LearnDash Reviews

RATING:

• icon"Compatibility with multiple plug-ins and themes. Great value for the price."
  • icon"I love the product as it does just what I need and the support if great."
  • icon"Pretty easy to use with a good knowledge database to get you started. They also have some decent tutorials on YouTube."
  • icon"I had trouble understanding how to connect groups and courses."
  • icon"The inability to function alongside Avada, I feel like if uou dont use Astra and elementor you would struggle with this plugin."
  • icon"I did miss some documentation. And miss some functionality such as limit the access to courses."

All LearnDash Reviews

cathie

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

December 2021

Lear dash does the job

Miguel

September 2022

WordPress great LMS

My experience with LearnDash has been great, the product is solid and the support has been always great.

Pros

In groups, you can accommodate users in a group and then add courses to that group, this will make every user start the course exactly at the same moment, so helpful for drip content. Drip content, LD can send emails depending on the user's actions, lesson availability, or quiz results.

Cons

Not a strong report system. Not a strong discussion system between tutors and students (you need 3rd party for that). Lack of notes-taking module (you need 3rd party for that).

Dianne

July 2022

My Take on LearnDash

Because of issues we've had that were solved by tech support Dan, we haven't yet done an official launch although our plan is to launch on July 3. I would say that my overall experience has been a mixture of frustration and joy. It took me a while to learn how to navigate the builder, needing to navigate out of the course section to design the lessons and out of lessons to design topics, but once I worked that out, it's a breeze. I feel I will know better what real benefits LearnDash has when my students actually start using it.

Pros

It's course builder and the ability to clone courses

Cons

I had to begin learning LearnDash from scratch, while at the same time learning Elimentor and CartFlows. There was a steep learning curve for me. I began when LearnDash 3 was the latest version, and I found it confusing when viewing older tutorials, not realizing I needed to pay attention to when the tutorial was done. I suggest deleting older tutorials. Also, I don't like to call names but I tried to watch several of [SENSITIVE CONTENT]'s webinars and I found them more confusing than helpful. However, I found [SENSITIVE CONTENT]'s tutorials always clear, concise and helpful.[SENSITIVE CONTENT]s instruction about constructing a certificate was the best I found.

Reasons for choosing LearnDash

I choose LearnDash because we could install it on our website and have total control without sharing our income with a platform.

Bello

November 2022

The best Learning management system plugin for WordPress

Pros

When it Comes to WordPress lms plugin, Learndash is the best. The interface is very easy to understand both for authors and students, it is having many features compared to other plugins thus saving Space and money you dont need to buy and install extra plugins and it integrates well with third party plugins or Platforms

Cons

Eventhough Learndash is an excellent plugin, their customer support is not hundred percent active. At Times i have to open a ticket and wait several days before having a solution

Laura

October 2022

Good for very basic settings

Pros

It can be used smoothly on a Wordpress website

Cons

there is no database connected to the user database on Wordpress so there is no way of getting a proper reporting

Adrien

August 2022

LearnDash: inexpensive and efficient Learning Management System

Realiable as it can handle (very) large number of users. As it is a piece of software that offers many, many possibilites, there's a learning curve. But the customer support department has proven to be amazing to answer all our questions and needs.

Pros

LearnDash makes it possible for our members to learn English more easily thanks to quizzes and interactive lessons and learning paths (progress tracking, personalized corrections, asynchronous learning and so on).

Cons

It takes a bit of time to understand how LearnDash works but the learning curve is not too steep as the customer support department is really, really good! Beware that LearnDash can be super ressource-intensive if you have many members and/on many concurrent users on your membership site.

Excellent product - terrible support

The Good : + Excellent functionality for authoring courses with all expected media types supported + Excellent functionality & UX for users taking courses + Full-featured for those starting with a blank slate + Mobile responsive (with our theme) The Bad: - Very hard to integrate with existing customized website (theme, plugins, etc) - GravityForms integration virtually useless - Unable to drive course access or pricing based on WP user role - Apparently no hooks allowing implementer to modify their course enrollment process. The Ugly - HORRIBLE SUPPORT!

Pros

The features/functions of this product are top notch. Particularly if you are building a new eLearning site and are willing to use their theme and their UX OOB, this is very easy to implement and has great features.

Cons

The support experience has been horrendous! My task has been to integrate this LMS into an existing website which is very complex and sophisticated, without turning the existing UX on its head. The Support organization has been utterly useless either re-directing me to other plugins or mis-directing me with information that was simply wrong. The GravityForms integration is so poorly conceived as to be useless for my needs, and Support cannot provide any developer-level assistance at all. I've tried everything to get through to them - even contacting the CEO via LinkedIn - with no success. I'm now on the verge of demanding they cancel my license and refund the fee.

Reasons for choosing LearnDash

It appeared to offer a better UX, but we ultimately found it very difficult to modify their user registration and course enrollment process.

May 2022

Best LMS Solution for Wordpress

Pros

The ease of setup and effective end-user adoption. Apart from that it has almost every aspect of LMS covered using its feature rich add-ons.

Cons

I would say the premium price is the only con here if you compare this with something like Learnpress or Moodle.

Reasons for choosing LearnDash

Good integration with most of the stable WordPress themes.

Amira

November 2022

LearnDash is an obligation in E-learning

My experience with LearnDash is one of a kind. As a tutor, this software has been of great help to me. It lets me control how I want my course to look, share my lessons with multiple classes, integrate with almost all systems, and make the learning process fun. Although LearnDash needs development in some areas, it is still the best software I used throughout my teaching journey. Nowadays, such softwares are very necessary in E-learning field; for that, I highly recommend LearnDash.

Pros

* LearnDash allows me to style my course the way I want it. * It integrates well with WordPress. * It provides the opportunity to sell courses online. * There are great sharing options. * LearnDash is easy to install and use

Cons

* The need for installing some plugins is a bit annoying. * Customization is a bit hard in some areas.* The need for add-ons to better the software functionality.

Txomin

October 2022

Seguramente el mejor plugin para crear tu pagina web con cursos y membresias

Gracias a learndash consigo tener mi propia escuela o tienda de cursos onine, dentro de mi WordPress, pero sin necesidad de mezclar contenidos del blog u otros contenidos etc. es como una escuela de cursos, pero dentro de wordpress por separado.

Pros

Prácticamente, lo tiene todo, pero en mi caso he de decir que uso learndash para tener mi propia plataforma de cursos a la venta y bajo subscripción. No concibo mi página web sin este plugin.

Cons

Realmente no tiene nada malo, es muy completo y eso que yo solo uso las funcionalidades más básicas, y con esas me sobra, pero si quieres y usando todas sus funciones podrás hacer lo que quieras en cuando a plataformas de aprendizaje, etc.

Reasons for choosing LearnDash

Primero porque varios compañeros lo usaban y lo compre por recomendación.

Un buen Plugin para academias

Cree para terceras personas academias online con plataforma learndash

Pros

Es una buena herramienta para crear cursos y exámenes online para una academia online

Cons

No me gusta que no tenga importación masiva de test de exámenes ( si hay plugins externos que lo permiten) además no permite la puntuación negativa de en los exámenes si fallas preguntas

Will

December 2021

LMS Management for Online E-Learning Course Catalog

Overall, LearnDash has made managing a large catalog of content (50 + courses) very easy. I can quickly add courses, and the quality looks great. The features I get with video lessons, feel like custom developement and something I paid ALOT of money for, but they are included for free.

Pros

Learndash is incredible easy to get up and running. I loved how easy it is to create courses, add lessons and quickly get a catalog of content up and running. I was transferring courses from pages and posts that I had manually created, and moving to LearnDash allows me to move and work so much faster, plus it's alot easier for students to navigate. All of my content is videobased and their video progression features and integrations with Vimeo are amazing. The ability to remember your location in a video so that when you come back to it, it's there waiting for you-is a feature that feels like it should cost, much, much more.

Cons

Initially I had purchased LearnDash and asked for my money back, because I felt like it was too focused on being a solution for higher ed. I didn't need certificates, or quizzes, or homework uploads, just the ability for students to watch video lessons. But.. after digging in the second time, I realized I don't have to use all of those things. While there are alot of features, I don't have to use those.

Reasons for choosing LearnDash

I wanted to stay on an open platform and own my content. LearnDash allowed me to quickly transfer my existing posts and pages into their platform and continue owning my content and processing payments through Stripe.

USMAN ZAFAR

Best LMS plugin for online courses website/platform

Pros

LearnDash is the best LMS plugin for WordPress. We are using this plugin since 2018 and it's a top tier LMS plugin to build an online courses website. One can easily intergrate learndash LMS plugin and offer online courses or trainings. There's also an opportunity to offer paid courses and collect payments using PayPal, stripe etc. LearnDash plugin has a lot of built-in features 1. Drag and drop course builder 2. Advanced quizzes 3. Dynamic content delivery 4. Flexible prerequisites 5. Automated notifications 6. Badges and certificates 7. Discussion forums 8. Course points 9. Leaderboard 10. Assignments We are using for our college and during corona it's best deal that we are using learndash plugin. There are nearly 20 courses on our site, lot of advanced quizzes (5 types pf quizzes offered by learndash plugin), classwise leaderboards in which we can show leaderboards easily on any page using shortcodes. We are also offering badges and certificates on course completion and the best thing is certificate builder is a builtin functionality in learndash plugin, you can easily collect assignments and mark easily by advanced features. LearnDash LMS is also a best tool to offer trainings for your staff, teachers and team members. One can easily earn by teaching skills and by selling courses on the website. Our college is also offering services for others and we are building course websites for other schools and colleges and the good thing is they are very happy with learndash LMS.

Cons

Learndash LMS is the best WordPress plugin and we are not facing any problem yet. Only the thing is the plugin price is a little high. I suggest learndash to announce special packages for the students and teachers as it's not easy for students and teachers to manage such amount. I believe in front of learndash features current price is nothing but I still suggest learndash officials to announce special packages for students and teachers. We are a lot happy with it and not facing any problem yet. It's fast and secure. Thanks learndash team.

Nano

E-learning Test Prep Perspective

So far it has been pretty good. Setting it up was just what i expected - lots of youtube videos and trial and error. But when you get the hang of it building courses and everything is fun and smooth. Support has been great.

Pros

- Course creation is intuitive. - User friendly. - Layout of course is practical. - Documentation is handy along with "how to...in LearnDash" youtube videos. - It is a right level of simple. Not to the point where it is too simple where you don't feel like it delivers value to the students and not to advanced where it is too difficult for students to use. - Support is helpful.

Cons

- I think you should have the option to mark anything complete. - Add more options to the outline of course. As of now there is only Course, Topics, and Quizzes. It would be handy if you could add homework Assignments and Handouts. Within these Assignments and or Handouts there is checklist that students could follow to check progress of there homework completion. After the checklist is completed only then would the overall progress bar change. - You should be able to save quiz progress. Some quizzes we have are 100 questions and act more as homework (so students do not finish them in one go). - There should be better quiz reporting. Being able to evaluate your own quiz (and even homework) performance effectively is the difference between succeeding and failing. If students could get detailed breakdowns to their performance they could recognize patterns, identify strengths and weaknesses, and ultimately better aim their study efforts. If reporting was to be better it also needs to be intuitive and user friendly. So easy to read graphs and charts, filter options, careful organization of subjects versus performance, and so on. - aesthetics of login pop-up page should have more customization options. - With the pandemic and current era we live in the Zoom feature/ integration should come with product.

Reasons for choosing LearnDash

It seemed that the price was right for what was offered. But more importantly the documentation and videos on how to set up courses were available and easy to follow. Like I said earlier everything about learndash (from admin point of view and set up to the students view and functionality) is a perfect amount of simple. Not to the point where I, or my students, do not get a good value but it is also not too advanced where it gets confusing and creates frustration.

Don

I chose LearnDash for flexibility

I've been very pleased with LearnDash. It's well-designed, well-documented, and well-supported. It scales well and I look forward to continuing to work with it well into the future.

Pros

I had been using a hosted LMS, but grew frustrated with the artificial limitations imposed on me by its design. I made the decision to switch to LearnDash for the flexibility, so that I would be able to manage and present my courses in whatever way I deemed appropriate for my customers, and so that I would have full control of my content. (The hosted LMS would not let me keep my own backups!) I also wanted to have full control of the user experience.

Cons

There really aren't any cons, as long as you understand this is a large application with many options. The learning curve is substantial, but absolutely worth the time and effort required to master it.

LearnUpon and Teachable

See above.

TalentLMS

Reasons for switching to LearnDash

See my previous comments.

Levi

All the basics covered with a great interface

So far, there hasn't been anything missing from LearnDash. We were able to launch our online learning program in just a few days. The learning curve was easy to overcome and we were able to get all of our content online with no problems. Each time we were stuck on something the documentation was able to steer us to the right answer and the one time we needed to reach out to support, their response was quick and helpful.

Pros

We purchased LearnDash to integrate with MemberPress. Because of this, we do not use any of the payment, membership, or subscription functions in LearnDash. We use it exclusively to present courses, record quiz scores, and provide certificates. For those tasks, LearnDash is the perfect tool. The tools to build your content are drag and drop simple and the management tools are easy to understand. Integration with WordPress core functions and with the MemberPress system are flawless and we never had to tinker with them. Just installed the LearnDash plugin and got to work. A highlight was the "Focus Mode" feature for the actual learning environment. It provided a clean, good looking interface for our students and took exactly zero time to tweak. We just flipped the switch and had a great looking online classroom tool. If we want to hire designers later to build us pages that are more branded, we can. But Focus Mode allowed us to launch faster, with a better looking product, for no additional cost.

Cons

Student reporting is adequate, but a little unimpressive. There are reports that can be downloaded, but there is no real dashboard to track student progress.

Reasons for choosing LearnDash

MemberPress has a module for online courses, but it did not have the feature set we needed for our product.