• Pros

• "I love how you can integrate eLearning Brother templates with ease. This saves SO much time. I also like how easy it is to publish to SCORM and upload to our LMS."

• "I like the fact there are some many nuances to the features. Every week, I encounter something new. It really helps to keep our offerings very competitive and fresh."

• "If you can imagine it, it will probably do it. I love the ability to collaborate with other designers on the same project."

• Cons

• "The UI has not been updated in a number of years. On the plus side, that makes it easy to find everything, but it does have a very dated look to it."

• "Lectora can be intimidating if you are used to “lighter” tools. But it is worth learning how to use properly."

• "Doesn't have as much variety as storyline but it's easier to use than captivate and is great for a beginner to get into. "

Browse Lectora Reviews

Heidi from Dynamic Training Resources

Lectora Review

We have used Lectora for over 10 years and find it to be the most stable authoring software, and the most flexible if we need to add additional programming outside of what is available within Lectora.

Pros

This is the most powerful and flexible authoring software, although there is a learning curve. It is great for those that are responsible for developing eLearning.

Cons

Support has not been as responsive as they used to be. However, now that ELB is in charge, I'm sure that will change for the better. When new updates are released, there can be problems when updating older courses because the new programming does not always match to previous programming.

Reasons for Choosing Lectora

We use both Lectora and Storyline, but my personal preference is Lectora.

Response from eLearning Brothers

Replied November 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and for highlighting one of Lectora's greatest strengths, the flexibility to meet any learning need. Customer support is also very important to us. In addition to making continuous improvements to Lectora, we are committed to providing an exceptional customer experience, and look forward to demonstrating that commitment first hand.

Domenic from The Center for Learner Intelligence

Power to Unleash Your Potential

The Lectora support team and community is very helpful.

Pros

The interface is super easy to use and provides quick access to advanced features. I usually work from a blank page or corporate template where I have complete control of design and programming. Adding actions to objects is very helpful. The properties ribbon gives me quick access to all the information I need. There is often many ways to do something and I can easily experiment to find the best method. Adding exams, surveys, knowledge checks, progress bars, custom menus, variables, HTML windows, and JavaScript, are all easy to do. If you want to create adaptive courses to personalize learning, Lectora is by far the easiest program to use.

Cons

With power comes a few caveats. Occasionally a deleted action does not get deleted. The solution is to rebuild the action using a different name. Moving an object using xy coordinates is easy, but there is no easy way of detecting those coordinates. Having that feature would make designing games much easier. The recent addition of Elearning Brothers assets is great. I just wish the search feature worked better. After each search you have to start from the beginning. There is no way to select multiple objects or save searches.

Reasons for Switching to Lectora

Lectora gives me more control of the end product.

Response from eLearning Brothers

Replied November 2020

Thank you for underscoring the flexibility of Lectora to build content in multiple ways and the extensibility to incorporate other web technologies. Your points are fantastic! We also forwarded your feedback to our product team. We greatly value long-time users like you and want you to know we are committed to continuous innovation and improvement.

Maria from Büro für Berufsstrategie

Wenig intuitiv, holprig. veraltert. Übersetzung ins Deutsche ist ein Witz.

Pros

Viele Gestaltungsmöglichkeiten, Responsive Design. Funktionsumfang und Testmöglichkeiten sind gut.

Cons

Die Übersetzung ins Deutsche ist mehr als mangelhaft. So gibt es z. B. die Funktion: "Staaten einstellen" - gemeint ist damit die Möglichkeit, den Status eines Objektes zu setzen. Die absolut unbrauchbare Hilfetexte wurden offenbar hin und her übersetzt. Ergebnis: ein völlig unverständlicher Textsalat, der jeder Beschreibung spottet. Ein Beispiel: wo im deutschen Satz der Artikel "die" stehen müsste, findet man stattdessen regelmäßig das Wort "sterben". So heißt es, Studenten sterben... etc. anstelle von "die Studenten". Wer Lust auf eine außergewöhnliche Herausforderung seiner sprachlichen Intelligenz hat, kann sich gerne mit diesen unglaublichen Texten befassen. Die Funktionen sind nicht stabil nutzbar, an der Software wird offenbar gearbeitet. Mal kann man keine Lerneinheiten aus eigenen Vorlagen erstellen, mal kann man eigenen Vorlagen nicht mehr speichern. Fehler 500/Upgrade-Fehler mit der Unmöglichkeit der Nutzung inklusive. Die Funktionen sind so platziert, dass man diese intuitiv nicht finden kann. Insgesamt gesehen macht die Software den Eindruck, aus verschiedenen, z. T. deutlich veralteten Modulen zusammengesetzt worden zu sein. Die Nutzung ist holprig. Beim responsive Design muss man alle 5 Ansichten einzeln anpassen. Das wäre eigentlich nur zeitaufwändig - nicht schlimm. Aber: Beim Erstellen einer der 5 Ansichten passiert sehr oft, dass die Änderungen sich auch auf andere (nicht alle) Ansichten übertragen. Dann kann man wieder von vorne beginnen...

Reasons for Choosing Lectora

Auf Empfehlung eines IT-lers, der damals das Programm für uns ausgesucht hatte.

Art from Learntitle.com, LLC

Features and Flexibilty

Lectora has allowed me to publish eLearning. It is the bedrock of my business.

Pros

The use of variables allow me to do just about anything I can imagine. there are several built in but I can add as many as I want and then reference them when building actions.

Cons

A few years back Lectora changbed the way I can add "events" in an audio file. I used to be able to open up the audio file and place a trigger in the wave form in the exact spot where I needed it. I can't do that anymore and it is not as accurate.

Reasons for Choosing Lectora

At the time Lectora had more features

Response from eLearning Brothers

Replied January 2021

Hi Art, we are so sorry you are running into issues with the audio files. We reached out to see if you can meet with us one-on-one. I think you will also see a huge improvement with support since Lectora is now owned by eLearning Brothers. We truly appreciate your loyalty and our clients are our top priority. We're looking forward to meeting with you.

Dave from Diebold Nixdorf Inc.

Lectora Online used Globally

I really enjoy Lectora Online. I wish I could spend more of my time developing and organizing the tool for our global training teams because this tool has the capability to make a huge impact on leading a Global training organization like no other.

Pros

Having a tool that can allow teams globally to work on projects is invaluable. Auto back up of all projects is great. Adding the text to speech is a nice touch. Now having the ability to import PPT slides inside a title using a corporate template was a much appreciated addition.

Cons

Syncing audio with on screen animations (having a timeline similar to Articulate/Storyline) would be great. Having built in functionality to add the audio script to each slide to be able to be read. Having some built in games again (jeopardy, basketball, skiing down a slope, etc.) like the flash games that was in previous versions. The responsive design is a bit clunky at times and could use some improvement. I have had a couple internal teams say that tools like Articulate 360 handles responsive design better.

Reasons for Choosing Lectora

The product was simple to use and had a great interface. The leadership and support teams have always been top notch as well. They listen to suggestions and fixes bugs in a timely manor. Sometime late next year I will be asked to start the process over and bring in more globally training leaders to help review and decide if this is still the best tool available for a global training organization for the future.

Reasons for Switching to Lectora

I wanted a cloud based authoring tool - to eliminate the duplication of efforts , improve global collaboration, and put the tool in the hands of the SMEs but have a learning team to guide sound instructional design and lead with best practices. Global training organizations need a tool like Lectora Online!

Response from eLearning Brothers

Replied November 2020

Hi Dave, thank you so much for your review! I passed on your comments to Joe (chief architect) and rest assured, a timeline is coming!

Tyson from Kansas Department of Health and Environment

Lectora Inspire for Online Course Development

We use Lectora Inspire to create all of our online training. There is a learning curve for the system but I found it very intuitive once I began creating content. I have used a few other authoring tools in my career and Lectora is my personal preference. The downfalls of the system are offset by the additional software that comes included in this package. While there are some changes I would love to see, my overall experience with Lectora is positive and I would recommend it over the other tools I have used.

Pros

- Makes great courses - Can output projects to a number of formats (scorm, AIC, etc). - Continuous updates - Software fits the needs of any experience level - Allows for total customization of courses - Responsive design feature allows you to optimize your course for different hardware (tablets, phones, and PC) without having to create three entirely different courses - The Lectora Inspire package also includes the a screen capture and image editing software called Snagit and the video recording/editing software Camtasia. These are great additions and I use Snagit many times throughout the day. - Reviewlink is another addition to the software package that allows courses to be easily shared among stakeholders and evaluators before the course is uploaded to our learning management system.

Cons

- Terrible customer support. The one time I've actually been able to get ahold of someone, they insisted that the problem was due to my computer. Thankfully, every time I encountered a problem, I was able to solve it using Google. - Many of the advanced features are inaccessible meaning they do not meet Section 508 requirements. - The training that they provide on the software is very overpriced. Hundreds of dollars just to have someone walk you through a manual page by page. - Compared to competitors, the price for the Inspire package is justified. However, it is still expensive in general than I believe it really should be.

Carlo from CT2 Srl

A great tool to create online courses

A powerful tool that lets you create any kind of elearning content, from highly interactive educational games and scenario-based learning courses to PowerPoint-like SCORM modules.

Pros

It is a powerful development tool that allows easy integration of many technologies into online courses. You can add tons of features by connecting Lectora to PHP, JSP, Javascript, HTML and so on. It has on the other side the easy of use of a visual editing tool. Among the other features, the capability to preview and edti mobile applications both in portrait and landscape orientation for tablet and smartphones alike.

Cons

The learning curve of the more advanced features is somewhat steep for people not accustomed to software development. If no advanced features are required, even people without IT skills can create SCORM modules in a matter of a few hours with Lectora.

Reasons for Choosing Lectora

Yes, we choose Lectora over Articulate because is more powerful and flexible.

Response from eLearning Brothers

Replied November 2020

Great review! Thank you for underscoring the flexibility of Lectora to build content in multiple ways, including the extensibility to incorporate other web technologies. We greatly value long-time users like you and want you to know we are committed to continuous innovation and improvement.

Stacy from Unite Dairy Farmers

Creative, Thinking, Engaging, Easy

Pros

I love that if I can think of it, I can make Lectora do it! Just have to find out how! I like the layout and design of the user interface, as it makes it very easy to transition between different programs. I also love that it is already integrated into many of the other development tools I use (eLearning Bros, BranchTrack, etc.)

Cons

When new versions rollout I feel as though I have to be careful about updating due to bugs. It's tough to have to decide whether to update right away or wait for the first fix to come out because I always want the upgrade, but also don't want the issues.

Lectora is quite simply the best authoring tool in the world.

Pros

Its ability to produce content simply and rapidly, whilst also having extraordinary flexibility and capability.

Cons

Its not free, but seriously no authroing tool can be all things, so Lectora has very few limitations (I cannot think of any) but if all you want is a page of text with image and few simple clicks, then go and get something for free - or build something in google slides.

Flexibility and reliability

better functionality

Response from eLearning Brothers

Replied November 2020

Thank you for the review! We truly appreciate your comments and value your loyalty.

Thomas from Caterpillar Inc.

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Lectora Inspire has been great over the years, building MANY e-learning modules, now web utilities.

I can usually find a way to create any feature the customer wants in a course. I was also able to perform basic "programming" of several utilities that I can launch and distribute via the web.

Pros

The capabilities of Lectora has ever increased, staying one or two steps ahead of the competition in the elearning development space. It is the most capable of all of the authoring software tools I have evaluated.

Cons

I would like for lectora to migrate towards enabling the development of utilities a little more. The logic built into Lectora gets very close to enabling the creation of tools (web tools) but falls short when it comes to data / information management and integration, especially when it comes to integration with databases or even spreadsheets. I believe you could align to the new information analytics industry by building in more date management integration features (perhaps in an separate add-on module?).

Tobias from Lexicon

Powerful tool for highly interactive productions.

We mainly do customized web based learning for a wide range of clients. The productions differ from low cost rapid productions to more expensive productions with fairly advanced interactions.

Pros

Lectora is a powerful authoring tool when it comes to highly interactive productions. The part I like the most is the extensive capability of adding extarnal code such as JavaScript or any other web based functionality.

Cons

I miss the ability to use something else than absolute and fixed positioning. It would be nice to be able to control the positioning av object with relative and even static methods. Automated production methods could also be improved. Things like making color schemes that could be applied within the software, without using external css and the ability to adjust several objects through the whole title in the same time.

Response from eLearning Brothers

Replied November 2020

Thank you for underscoring one of Lectora's greatest strengths, the extensibility to add custom code and integrate with web applications. We value your suggestions and have forwarded your feedback to our product team. We encourage you add future ideas to the feedback section of ROCKSTAR Community where fellow users will be able to see and vote for features they would also like to see implemented.

BRANDI from Cambria

Industry: Building Materials

Lectora = MOST ROBUST authoring software

Pros

I love how creative a designer can be with the tool. There's not a lot of limitations within the software. Users can build everything right in the tool, or integrate external graphics, audio, video, code, etc. to expand its capability. Lectora grows with the developer. In other words, it can be used a the most basic level (with templates), or it can be the perfect for the most skilled/advanced developer. As skills grow, developers can continue to apply those skills to build more and more robust/interactive courses with Lectora.

Cons

Some of the features (especially when first released) can be a little clunky. Over the years (I've used Lectora since 2010) the tool has really been improved with regard to user interface.

Reasons for Switching to Lectora

Lectora was easier to use (at the time).

Response from eLearning Brothers

Replied November 2020

Thank you for sharing how Lectora supports the limitless creativity of our authors! We are always amazed by the variety of incredible content. We greatly appreciate you being a long time user and want you to know we are committed to continued improvements to the software, including methods to assist authors at all skill levels.

Chris from D3 Training Solutions

Lectora Inspire is the ONLY tool needed for eLearning Development

With Lectora Inspire, I can create 508 compliant courses and feel 100% confident that it will work the way it should with the various readers. I also love the ease in using Lectora; I don't need to know a lot of JavaScript to make the software do particular things, like I do if a client insists that I use different software.

Pros

I love Lectora. I have been using the software for over 16 years and it is hands down the easiest and most complete elearning software on the market.

Cons

I would like to see the Community User group be more involved and active like it was years ago.

Reasons for Choosing Lectora

The biggest thing is that it is EASY to create elearning without it looking like I've adjusted a template that everyone else is using! In addition, as stated earlier, I can create 508 compliant courses and feel 100% confident that it will work the way it should with the various readers and I don't need to know a lot of JavaScript to make the software do particular things, like I do if a client insists that I use different software.

Christine from e-Learning Designs, Inc.

As I long-time developer I have always felt the flexibility and power of Lectora is second to none.

The ability to create realistic learner-centric e-Learning modules.

Pros

I like having the freedom to develop the way I need to for a realistic design that stimulates learning. In other words, I should only be limited by what the learner can do in a real-life situation (on-the-job). Lectora allows me to take that 'reality' goal, and blend it with creative and practical designs that are easily programmed in an e-Learning module, because it gives me the ability to touch any object in order to achieve the design. At the same time, it doesn't 'mess with my stuff' - like how I've labeled objects etc.

Cons

I miss having the Properties dialogue box from earlier versions, but I'm getting used to the Ribbon.

Matthew from Auto-Owners Insurance Company

I really enjoy Lectora because it is almost limitless it what you can do with the software.

Being able to create a wide variety of activities and different learning modules. Being able to really think outside the box and not be limited to what the software can do.

Pros

I think the best feature of Lectora is being able to import almost any media into the software. This allows the user to take a variety of assets and combine them into one learning module. Also, Lectora offers a wide range of actions that you can assign to assets, pages, and the complete module itself. This allows the developer to almost create any kind of activity, learning module, or idea the developer can think of. There hasn't been anything yet that I have thought of for an activity, and haven't been able to create it somehow with the Lectora software.

Cons

The software can have a steep learning curve to it. There is other software that can be used for eLearning creation that is easier to learn. If your company is really looking for top notch, robust software, Lectora is the way to go. Even with the steep learning curve, Trivantis has an amazing community that offers a lot of support and ideas for Lectora. Unless you have a dedicated developer to Lectora, this may not be the best software to use.

Andy from Self-employed

Do it all - and then some.

I've been using Lectora in various versions for 15 years now. I absolutely adore the platform and have a hard time believing that anything else will ever replace it in my eyes.

Pros

Lectora is only limited by your ability to develop a process to do what you want it to do. The tools are all there. I've managed to develop interactivities and processes in Lectora that I couldn't dream of in other authoring tools.

Cons

Response from eLearning Brothers

Replied December 2020

Thank you for your continued loyalty and fantastic feedback! We are working to make big improvements in Lectora 21. This includes a big UI makeover!

Christopher from Serving Alcohol Inc

Very Responsive, Feature Loaded

It helps differentiate our learning solutions from that of the competition. Theirs are rather two dimensional and limited in presentation.

Pros

Cons

Some of the features take time to learn, but that can be said of any complex solution. The more advanced the features, the more time you need to invest to maximize your potential. That trade-off is to be expected.

Response from eLearning Brothers

Replied November 2020

Thank you, Chris, for the great review! You made some grade points! We are starting to roll out new videos to help users take advantage of more complex features.

Will from ITC Learning

The power of Lectora

I have used, trained and supported Lectora for over 5 years and have always found a way to achieve what the desired outcome.

Pros

Lectora has an amazing amount of customisation options and power if you know what you are doing.

Cons

Response from eLearning Brothers

Replied November 2020

Thank you for your review and highlighting the customization abilities with Lectora. We are committed to continued improvements to the software, including methods to assist authors at all skill levels. For readers of this review, be sure to check out our rockstar.elearningbrothers.com community where fellow eLearning developers actively engage in conversations.

John from State of Utah

Powerful program without needing to code

The ability to be able to create custom SCORM training that interfaces with multiple platforms.

Pros

Maximum flexibility in course design.You are free to apply what you want and how you want to your training course then point and click scripting allows you to put your custom interaction to the training without needing a degree in coding.

Cons

Because the program is powerful and not a cookie cutter you are going to need some training to get up and running. But once you get a little experience you will be very glad on the investment. Tons of free nugget training can walk you though each item. Great community and conference backing you up.

Luci from USC Center for Innovation & Research on Veterans & Military Families

Lectora is the Cadillac of content development software. Quick and helpful tech support!

Can publish with SCORM to multiple LMS possibilities. Great test and survey functionality.

Pros

Many options for test and survey questions -- especially like the multiple answer multiple choice questions and the ability to insert graphics. I have found the tech support to be superb on most occasions - -which is paramount -- quick and efficient response to problems.

Cons

I need more control over the bullet and numbering in terms of indention and spacing., especially with multiple levels of outline. Would like more kerning and leading possibilities. Also need more shapes to use.

Clemens from Staffbase

Once a king

It's mighty, but if you're not in dire need of all of the capabilities, you're likely to go for another option with fully responsive design and a nicer UI.

Pros

For medium sized companies with an internal educations department, Lectora Online is a well dimensioned tool to create contents. They are kind of responsive and the interaction-possibilities are quite impressive.

Cons

Lectora Online is a very text-heavy tool with an UI straight from the depths of 1990-hell. The amount of functionalities, while being a major advantage, is extremely hard to navigate and there are other tools with an equal amount of possibilities, at a comparable price, with a nicer look and feel.

More Add-Ons available

Brian from 3 Edge Design

I've been using Lectora for over 10 years and have always been pleased with the software.

Rapid development, complex functionality, adherence to learning standards, reliable performance.

Pros

The complexity of pages I can create with variables, actions, and conditions. Coming into a project, I feel like there's no challenge I can't overcome with the software.

Cons

Many of my clients expect the "resizable" attribute you get when viewing Flash generated content. The addition of responsive design has helped alleviate much of this concern. Being limited to executing a single animation on an object at one time is limiting.

john from BSH

great out of the box authoring tool

Pros

Lectora is a good e authoring tool, it comes with a lot of built in elements that allows you to buy courses immediately with very little training. It is very intuitive and very easy to use. If you have any experience with other tools this will be an easy transition. The customer support is great and it's a great tool.

Cons

Lectora Inspire comes with a lot of great add-ins that make creating a course quick and easy.

The great add-ins from buying the software: BranchTrack, eLearning Brothers, Camtasia, Snagit, and Reviewlink. They also seem to be the best software for 508 compliance.

Pros

Probably the add-ins that come along with your purchase of Lectora. This includes eLearning Brothers that has templates, cut out people, and stock images that you can easily add to your course. They also have BranchTrack where you can create scenarios quickly. Camtasia is great for all your audio needs. Cutting and editing video has never been so easy. Reviewlink is a great way to show your end product to your stakeholders. They can offer feedback per slide and you can easily remediate.

Cons

My representative doesn't always get back to me in a timely manner. There seems to be a lot of back-and-forth when it comes to emailing customer support. Knowing that every slide inherits properties, images, etc. from the parent slide can be a pain because you have to tell the software what NOT to inherit.

jay from RC Willey

I have been using Lectora Online years. It is a very powerful and collaborative authoring tool.

Collaboration with other designers and the ability to great courses without being limited by authoring tool limitations.

Pros

Cons

A little, and I do mean a little, harder to learn than its less powerful competitors. The learning curve is a little longer but the pay off is totally worth it.

Kelly from WAXIE Sanitary Supply

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Lectora is an authoring tool that allows creation of engaging online training without much hassle.

Allows me to streamline my job and gives me tools to create more engaging online training.

Pros

Cons

I wish there were better image editing tools within the software. I find myself going to other programs to edit or enhance images.

Angie from Columbia University

Our overall experience with Lectora Online is that it is functional and gets the job done.

Pros

The two main features we like about Lectora Online is the ability for our team to work collaboratively together on a single title. We also like the ability to be more flexible with the structure of the titles down to the detail of where to place different buttons. However, this also can cause challenges due to the specificity and making sure everything is consistent from page to page.

Cons

What I like least about the software is that the "look and feel" does not always seem modern. With the flexibility also comes the increased ability to make mistakes. The responsive design also forces you to adjust things in five views which is really time-consuming for an instructional designer to do.

Jasmine from DPW Training & Associates

Powerful and clunky

I'm able to easily modify objects.

Pros

I love how powerful the software is, especially when it comes to all of the 508 compliance features. The software allows for deep customization.

Cons

It's clunky and may freeze up. Also, things tend to go askew when the software is updated. Trivantis is working to make this process smoother, but there's still a ways to go.

Edward from West-Ward Pharmaceuticals Inc.

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

I've written over 40 modules with this software and have had great results.

I get to build customized e-learning modules that run on a SuccessFactors LMS and perform without issues. I really like to be able to have the freedom to develop custom titles and still be able to use many of the built in features to enhance the titles I create.

Pros

I like the ability to use my own audio and video files and to program how each page works. The ability to design conditions so we can be sure the learners are viewing/hearing all the information on each page and to be able to design different ways through the module provides variety. Also the ability to design a variety of types of questions and have the order of the questions and answers changed each time the module is used helps us assure that learners understand the material presented.

Cons

The thing I like least are the issues I have had using standard Flash Activity file like the Bullets Synching with audio animated characters. The files don't always work and I have not been able to diagnose or fix issues I've had even though this Flash Activity can work very well and adds a great deal of interest to modules.

Cyndi from GEICO

Not the most interactive

Lectora is our current go to application for E-learning Development. It gets the job done and creates functional E-Learning courses for our employees.

Pros

Once a course is created, it is super easy to make updates when needed. Communicates well with our LMS.

Cons

Wish the software could create more interactive courses using more modern technology. This software seems outdated compared to some of the other software out there now.

Franziska from Know How! AG

intuitive, flexible, my favourite tool

Pros

What I like about Lectora is, that it is more flexible than other authoring tools, especially when it comes to including your own code.

Cons

I don't like that there are often problems with our exisiting titles when a new version is released.

Dragomir from Bytes People Solutions

One of the easiest to master eLearning development packages out there.

It is great for RCD (rapid content development) and for combining various digital media.

Pros

Straight forward and easy to use. Not much hidden under the hood like other competing products. The output is highly customizable and flexible. Developers can add own code with ease.

Cons

It would be nice to have some visually more appealing elements, like page layouts, button sets. I would like to see more user control over text boxes.

Cody from Branagh Information Group

extremely powerful and flexible!

Pros

As cliche as it may sound, what you are able to do with Lectora is only limited by your imagination -- there is an incredible amount of flexibility built in and the development team stays on top of the latest trends and technology and incorporates them into updates

Cons

Takes some time to get used to -- steep learning curve and customer support is often slow to respond, but it is getting better

Lectora is an ideal program to carry out training programs

Pros

Lectora is a software with multiple functions, has a range of integrated tools that allow the user to freely develop their ideas in addition to a system of guides that guide the use of these tools and solutions to possible problems that may arise. It is useful when you want to perform exemplifications that help in the learning of third parties through interactive videos. If you can visualize it, you can also create it, in an easy and practical way.

Cons

Start using the program can be a bit complicated at first, but with patience and with the use of the guides you can know all the functions. In addition you must be careful with the updates, installing the new immediately is not always good

Adrienne from Vitalyst, LLC

I've used Lectora for over 8+ years

Pros

The ease and flexibility to create quality e-learning content is second to none. Also all of the tools like Camtasia and SnagIt that come with the package are extra icing on the cake.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve and a high price tag which limits the number of licenses we can afford as a small company.

Lectora Inspire - Lacks Functionality of CaptivateCan

For the authoring software that has probably been around longer than any of the current products, Lectora has hung in there in the market and held its own. Honestly there are other applications that edge out Lectora, but if you have Lectora or easy access to it, it is worth using.

Pros

User friendly screens, easy to embed multimedia, good documentation

Cons

Doesn't work on a MAC platform. Can't create mobile launched learning.

Ian from Computer Generated Solutions

Great eLearning development project. Very collaborative.

Great custom developed eLearning courses.

Pros

The things that I like the least about the Lectora product online is Collaboration, ease of use, and the flow of development.

Cons

The thing that I like the least about the Lectora product online is the Integration between Desktop version and On-Line version.

Brenda from Michigan Assisted Living Association

Industry: Civic & Social Organization

I am a non tech person and have found Lectora easy to use.

Pros

Ease of use. Our organization will go months without using the software and it is easy to pick it up and get reacquainted with it.

Cons

The biggest challenge I experience is incorporating videos into my on line courses. I master it and then do not use it for several months and struggle again.

Michael from KA Consulting

I actually don't use it that often.

Good course layout tools.

Pros

Lectora is an excellent authoring tool. It allows for a wide range of embedded learning objects on every page.

Cons

I experience it has having a very steep learning curve to use. This is in contrast to a program like Captivate, which I find to be more intuitive.

Powerpoint on Steriods

Gets the job done in terms of e-learnings. May need to run through some hoops to resolve rendering issues, but overall effective product.

Pros

Overall it does provide a library of items to choose from and implement into your e-learning design.

Cons

When rendering the file it isn't always compatible in various browsers, e.g. internet explorer. And various functionality may behave differently in Mozilla vs chrome

Christine from Public Partnerships LLC

Recently created a 8 module program in Lectora Inspire

I was able to create a software program and sell it.

Pros

The integration with eLearning Bros. is helpful. The ability to create responsive software is helpful.

Cons

often times I would go to open a module and it would say pieces were missing so I had to find them again in folders in order to proceed. This was annoying as it happened every time I opened the same module. There are still bugs in the system.

Jeffry from Vanderbilt University

Been using Lectora since 1999 and it keeps getting better and better

This software has solved so many problems for us. We can develop learning content from it and we can teach it to future developers.

Pros

The ease of use and the power of this software is outstanding. I am going to use it now to simulate how to operate medical devices like the consoles of ultrasound devices.

Cons

At some point I would like subscripted variables but I can easily work around that.

Reasons for Choosing Lectora

This product had the longevity and was regularly enhanced with new features.

Response from eLearning Brothers

Replied November 2020

Thank you for your review! It illustrates the perfect application of the product - bravo!

Frank from Priboy MultiMedia

Very easy to create and deploy SCORM compliant interactive training.

It allows me to easily create SCORM compliant interactive training.

Pros

Ease of use, intuitive interface. Lots of great integration, as with Camtasia, SnagIt, etc. The PowerPoint converter is an excellent add-on. If you're looking for an easy to use content creator for your LMS, give Lectora a try.

Cons

A few issues deploying to a web based environment. The company seems to be addressing these however so that is good.

Nick from Bottom-Line Performance

A more advanced authoring tool that requires more know how than industry leading tools.

It was the first authoring tool I used in the industry, as a previous web developer, I loved the ability to hack lectora and make it do things that I can't do in other software. Review Link is a nice benefit, however it's missing a few features that keep it from being our go-to review tool. I also enjoy the cutout library subscription to eLearning brothers that comes with our maintenance program.

Pros

There are some features (best in class xAPI implementation, hack-ability of the output) that allows for really crazy complex output. The action groups are a killer feature, as well as the ability to inherit items on chapters, scenes, pages, etc.

Cons

The UI is a little kludgy, the learning curve is steeper than a lot of other authoring tools such as Storyline.

Rachel from Axonify

Simple tool

I use the software for some of our clients and their needs but I wouldn't want to be using it as a regular tool day to day

Pros

it's a very basic starter tool for instructional designers

Cons

it definitely doesn't hold up to the standards that Captivate and storyline offer

Kendra from The University of Missouri - Kansas City

It is very user friendly when building a course.

The most benefit is the accessibility feature.

Pros

It has to be the accessibility features. You turn it on in the beginning of development and then the system checks the course for accessibility issues when you are finished. It even tells you where the problem is located and how to fix the problem.

Larry from Expert Company

Has done what I needed it to do.

Pros

I need and use in my teaching responsibility the ability to interface with Blackboard. Also the ability to interface with Camtasia is good.

Cons

Most of the software that is revised often and used by as many people as Lectora has a textbook like book that is available from a publisher. The book I have seen that is supposed to describe the product minimally covers the features, but covers few benefits.

Chris from Utah Dept. Public Safety/POST

Lectora Inspire is the go-to product to build online training

Pros

A very robust software package that enables a user to create training that can be distributed on multiple platforms.

Cons

The learning curve to adequately use the software is quite high. Although there is online support there is a lot of trial and error involved to get a project built from the ground up however after a user gets the hang of the software there is no limit to what can be designed.

Akhilesh from Notes for IAS

A true delight for e-learning developers

Pros

1) Interface is very use to use and learning curve , though steep initially , is easily surmountable with some effort with the help they offer. 2) The courses made are perfectly mobile responsive . This is not the case with some of the other products in direct competition with Lectora . 3) The breadth of content types that can be developed is just awesome.

Cons

Pricing is just too steep for small entrepreneurs to adapt Lectora . A low priced option with core features should be introduced too .

Precious Software

It provide me good services in a very short time. It cover many other software feature which I would to install separately.

Pros

This software helps me in creating an online facility to provide my online courses for the globally Students. It is very effective in creating page Layout.

Cons

It is good in all aspect. However, some menu tools give more attention and time to take the desire format or layout.