All My Music Staff Reviews

Irma

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

My Music Staff review first year

Kandice

My Music Staff - I couldn't have done it without you!

My Music Staff has changed my home studio into a professional, online, organised, updated Music Academy! Not only has it totally managed my scheduling and scheduling for my teachers but it tracks expenses and income for tax purposes with official Tax Credit receipts that I can send from my phone! It made tax time a breeze! This software let's me seamlessly invoice books and lessons, while keeping track of missed payments with auto-invoicing and also generating professional receipts with a thank you. Parents and older students are able to cancel and reschedule lessons at their leisure (according to my policies) and re-book a time that is more convenient for them - resulting in almost no empty spots and more money in my pocket! They can also see their lesson notes and record their practice time to hold them accountable and for me to be able to peak at as well! This has resulted in more practice = better results= happier students = happier parents = referrals = home studio to Music Academy = (more $ !!!) One of my favourite features of My Music Staff is being able to upload recordings of my students for the parents and families to enjoy. No more time consuming CD's that no one can play anymore anyway. Now, they just download and have it right on their phone or PC (see "happier students = happier parents...etc.) Thank you My Music Staff for helping me to grow my business by being so organised and so very, very productive in the background! I couldn't have done it without you!

Pros

How can I possibly choose just one thing? Before My Music Staff, keeping track of missed lessons was next to impossible. I had separate notebooks and online files and word docs for attendance, lesson notes, expenses, payments for books and payments for lessons - now it's all together - neat and tidy, organised and at my fingertips (and my teachers') at the studio, at home and on the go! And that's just the beginning...

Cons

I do wish My Music Staff was setup to take Electronic Funds Transfers in Canada - as that is a new form of payment I am implementing in my school. I also would like to be able to add my business logo as a header for emails with an automatic signature. I realise I can use placeholders to do this job but it is a little laborious when you're in a rush.

Larisse

February 2022

Does everything you need for a great price

I've found that the software fits my needs. I have looked around extensively to see if there is anything out there better and currently there isn't. There are similar platforms but they are more expensive. I also like how it specifically caters to music teachers rather than a generic software for all industries.

Pros

It does everything I need it to do in terms of scheduling, billing and expenses and has other features that I use sometimes such as lesson notes, file sharing, newsletters and lending library. It also has a website included, blog and online signup.

Cons

It would be good if students were able to edit/comment on their lesson notes. Also if there could be a blog or newsletter that is not public but only accessible by your clients with the ability for them to comment.

Reasons for choosing My Music Staff

Mostly the price was more competitive for the same features.

April 2022

Looks great on the website, doesn't it?

I was SO excited to find this service. But I've been SO disappointed in them, and can't wait to transfer everything to a new service later this year.

Pros

MMS promises to handle all of your music studio needs, from scheduling to billing to communications, and indeed, it has modules for all of those plus repertory records, lending library management, downloadable/playable resources, and even mileage. So if you want software that LOOKS like it does everything, you've found it!

Cons

None of these modules seem actually to have been tested by actual music teachers. Scheduling is ridiculously complicated, especially when students want to cancel or reschedule. Billing leads to a minimum of five confused emails from parents each month because of MMS's bizarre policies regarding past-due payments and account balances. Emails cannot be sent to students and parents simultaneously—they're automatically BCC'ed, leading to confusing message threads and miscommunications. Even the lesson notes and blog features are poorly handled—they don't auto-save, so an accidental tab closure can lead to the loss of an entire lesson's worth of notes, and formatting is bizarrely non-standard. (Don't even think about cutting and pasting.)

Reasons for choosing My Music Staff

Liked the user interface better.

Looking for an "all-in-one" solution

November 2022

I highly recommend...

4.5 starts, I am very happy with MMS and recommend it to all teachers and music school owners.

Pros

I was able to reduce 3 platforms into one and cover attendance, email, and student content management

Cons

sometimes it's clunky, the attendance function can be unnecessarily long because you have to click multiple times instead of having a checkbox. The embeded website form isn't trackable by google analitics

Reasons for choosing My Music Staff

price and music school specific niche

Reasons for switching to My Music Staff

I had three platforms to do individual things, MMS did most of the things better and allowed us to reduce

Caitlin

The Best Software on the Market

Excellent. I recommend them to all my friends who are also music teachers.

Pros

Honestly, there are too many to list. Here are a few: the automation features in invoicing and scheduling save me hours of work, I love that I can have multiple teachers on a single account, I love the student portal and practice log feature.

Cons

Any time I’ve felt that something could be improved upon I’ve written to the company and they’ve been very helpful every time.

Reasons for switching to My Music Staff

I needed a software that could handle multiple teachers and I made the switch about 5 years ago.

A Must-Have

Overall, MMS has made organization, scheduling, and communication with studio families easier!

Pros

This is an all-in-one platform for running your music studio! Before finding My Music Staff, I was using 3 different spreadsheets, 2 paper notebooks, a phone to-do list, and a paper planner to run my business. MMS consolidated this down to one affordable program that is customized to the needs of a music teacher. I love it!

Cons

I do occasionally encounter technological issues, or notice that there is a task I would like to achieve that I do not know how to accomplish. When this happens, the answer is not always intuitive. (For perspective, I am of the millennial generation, and consider myself technologically savvy enough to independently learn most computer programs oriented for the workplace).

Reasons for switching to My Music Staff

I learned that MMS was made for music teachers just like me!

Benjamin

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Perfect

It helps me organize and keep track of all our data, works in real time, I'm often updating schedules and payments, and the program responds well.

Pros

This software predicts what I might need and I'm able to utilize more functions compared to previous programs our company has subscribed to.

Cons

I don't have any problems.. maybe not charging to add more teachers.. I am constantly trying to find staff and people come and go

none

Reasons for switching to My Music Staff

couldn't schedule a 12pm lesson, asked them to update, never did. many more tech flaws

Caitlin

June 2022

Game changer!

My overall experience has been amazing. The customer service reps are so kind and helpful, and the software itself has given me all I need to run my flute studio in one website.

Pros

I really like how many features are included with this software, it really is mindblowing.

Cons

Nothing! I like everything about this software.

Reasons for switching to My Music Staff

I wanted a platform that could provide more services in one place.

Alain Jove

August 2022

The Tool Music Businesses Must Have

Overall, the usage was a breeze. I couldn't add anymore other than I am happy with the product.

Pros

I would say it's packed with a lot of features compared to other software in the same genre that I've used. It can ease your everyday school, student management and appointment bookings. The Practice Log and Repertoire Management is just so awesome which is not present in the other tool that I've used previously. I also noticed that the interface is a lot cleaner compared to the calendar post its approach which most common booking/ scheduling apps have.

Cons

There's just one feature that I find hard to get used to, which is the auto-generated lesson fee. The students were confused and even the teachers themselves were having a hard time figuring it out at first. It would be great to step out of the browser interface only because there is no Mac, Linux, Windows apps that you can use it with. Also, I think having one on mobile is a must nowadays.

Reasons for choosing My Music Staff

Compared to Musicbiz, it has a lot of features that we can use. And so far the helpdesk is helpful and are even proactive to solicit suggestions for features that aren't there yet.

Angela

November 2022

Best software for managing my small music studio

Overall, I am very satisfied with My Music Staff. Anytime I have had a question I have been very satisfied with their self help articles (which is VERY unlike me, I hate self help articles!) I also get help on zoom or telephone when needed and the staff is excellent at meeting me and explaining my options clearly.

Pros

My Music Staff is extremely easy to use and is flexible for the multiple income streams I have in my music business. I can keep track of student payments, gigs and expenses.

Cons

There is very little I don't love about this software. I guess the fact that it doesn't self-save and that I have often exited a lesson and lost the notes because I didn't save first can be frustrating. I have gotten used to it though.

Kirstie

Can't be beat!

The experience has been great! The support team is wonderful and very quick to respond!

Pros

The amazing features (unlimited storage!!!! to paypal and square integration to calendar and billing and lesson note management) come at such an affordable price and in such a user friendly software!

Cons

There are frequent updates but they never seem to get to certain features that keep being requested (such as a timer on the practice log and the ability for teachers to see the same view as students see when they log in).

Reasons for switching to My Music Staff

MyMusicStaff is more affordable, more user friendly and is overall more up to date.

Hollie

Love My Music Staff

It has saved hours of rescheduling students for make up lessons. Lesson and payroll are seamless. Attendance is easy to log. I can control what my families see on the student portal and what my teachers see in their login. It has saved me hours with invoicing, mass emailing, and has saved me a lot of stress and time with payment reminders. Overall I like all the multiple features that are offered with this program and how easy it is for me to use. The staff are fantastic to work with. If I have any questions they are very patient and will walk me through i overall. The staff are fantastic to work with. If I have any questions they are very patient and respond in a timely fashion. If I have problems with anything (which is very rare), they are always happy to help. I have highly recommended this program to other schools, and my teachers who have had experience with other systems really seem to like My Music Stuff as well.

Pros

I love how versatile this program is with policies.It has saved me a lot of time with emailing payment reminders, invoicing, and mass emailing. I love the student portal and calendar option. This summer we tried out a new policy that requires parents to use the calenda and it works great. My families love how easy it is to use and I love the hours it saves in rescheduling, emailing and phone calls.

Cons

When I am logging teachers availability into the calendar for the parents to see, it would be nice that lessons that are not scheduled would automatically show as “open”. This way parents can reschedule into those spots for make up lessons and it doesn’t take me so much time to manually put in open spots. With multiple teachers this can take a long time . I wish there was an option in the studio settings to allow to turn this feature on and off. So studios who do not want to use this calendar feature don’t have to use it.

Nicole

Communication and Organisation

This software definitely has 'bang for buck'. All of the things teachers are able to do through this platform certainly impress me. I started teaching 40 years ago and everything was done in hardcopy by hand. Wow, what a difference. What has impressed me the most, and continues to impress me, is your customer support. My questions are answered quickly and always with courtesy too. I feel like I am dealing with real people who care about my ability to use their product with as much ease as possible. It is an absolute pleasure doing business with you.

Pros

There are quite a few things I like about MMS. The first is communication with my students. Being able to create lesson notes each week, schedule lessons on the calendar and do invoicing through the platform helps me to keep things organised. I also I like that it allows me to invoice my students and keep track of their payments easily. The library is very helpful. Now I don't lose things I loan out anymore and students (I believe) are notified when they have something that need to be returned.

Cons

I am not very happy with my website and wish there was more support on how to do this well. Being a sole proprietor I cannot afford to hire someone to do this and it isn't very intuitive (although better than many others I looked at, especially when you consider what you get with the package). More videos that give direction, suggest and examples of this would be helpful. Maybe reach out to some of the teacher who have created exception sites and ask them to share their secrets. We're teachers, we can't help ourselves. : ) It is a little thing, however; buttons for social media (like Facebook, Instagram Linkedin, etc) would be really nice on the site as well.

Reasons for choosing My Music Staff

The main reason was how quickly you responded to any questions I had and the enthusiasm you showed in your answers. You never made me feel like I was bothering you and none of the replies felt like an automated response.

Robyn

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Love it!

Love it, for the most part. Staff has always been very responsive with questions and issues.

Pros

For years I kept track of scheduling on one sheet of paper from a weekly calender that I photo-copied and kept in a binder. Used a pencil so I could easily make changes. Attendance and income/expenses separate book. While it does take a little time to enter things manually, everything is streamlined and simpler than other software I have tried. I have looked at a few systems for teachers and this beats them all. I love that I can also send out group emails and save the templates for future use. Expenses and income can be set to repeat and this makes tax time a whole lot easier. Also keeps track of mileage if you travel to student homes—-I also set that to repeat back when I was a traveling teacher. One year I was audited and the auditor was very impressed with the way I kept track of miles and everything else with this software. I gave her printed reports (with receipts). Once she saw I had a good tracking system and accounting software, she glanced at it and sent me on my way with a pat on the back for good record-keeping. That, alone, makes this software worth every penny. I also make use of the free webpage and the “New Student Request” button. I set up a separate email account just for MMS so I know when I see an email it is either a new student request OR from an existing student. I am a solo teacher and don’t use all the features—just what I need. You can set this up to use as much or as little as you want.

Cons

Webpage templates are pretty limited. More options would be fabulous! Text operations seem to be somewhat limited and quirky within the software on my iPad Pro. I rarely use a computer these days so a little more functionality there would be terrific. Line spacing and text options seem to be very limited within the templates and I have been very frustrated with the limitations. I make it work, but more in this area would be better.

Kristin