• Pros

• "What a great product! I love Nearpod because the students can see, up close my notes and videos, on their own screen! And I can control the slides!"

• "As a remote teacher, this is as good as it gets. Real-time assessment/feedback, usability is top notch, built-in questions are great, and the clean look and design is just a dream to use."

• "I love how Nearpod allows you to use Google Slides to upload pre-made lessons into engaging virtual lessons to involve students and check understanding in the virtual world."

• Cons

• "The embedded quiz game is more suited for younger students. Otherwise, no complaints, it has continued to evolve and improve."

• "As a teacher it can be difficult to learn how to make an actual lesson. I usually default to the library of already made activities which is quite good."

• "The one feature that has been troublesome is the amount of video data that can be uploaded. I was able to work around this issue by creating my videos as YouTube videos and uploading the links."

Browse Nearpod Reviews

Shane from Greenville County Schools

Middle school science teacher for 5 years; Instructional Technology Facilitator for 2 hears

Pros

Nearpod is a high-quality, user-friendly, reliable presentation program that could be a valuable asset in every teachers classroom. There is a fee, but it's definitely worth the investment individually or at the school-wide level. For starters, it's easy to create slide decks, but what's amazing is that these presentations can be pushed to student devices or phones instantly and with ease. Students can then follow along and interact with the instructor. Other types of presentations can easily be converted and used within NearPod, too, so you don't have to reinvent good material. Just upload and begin pushing to students with ease. Next, audio and video files can be dropped in to decks which enables students to interact with the multimedia individually or in groups. Beyond that, and perhaps my favorite feature is the ability to collect real-time feedback from students through a wide variety of question types/formats. This enables the presenter to pace the lesson appropriately, follow-up with anyone who may be struggling, or engage students in conversation or clarifications based on the feedback. Next, NearPod has a database of phenomenal content available to educators. Large amounts are free. Some of the content even offers VR360 opportunities for students who are using capable devices. Last, I just appreciate that they are committed to improving their product - always taking steps forward, listening to user concerns, offering loudly support, and advancing.

Cons

It would be great if they could add on some sort of homework feature for students who may not have access to WiFi. I know they are exploring several potentials here, and I think they'll figure out a solution, but this would be helpful for flipping the classroom in Title One environments.

Hope from Lowndes County School District

Bringing Engagement Back to the Classroom and PD

Nearpod is an educational technology company that puts educators and students first. They continually improve their product and understand today's school and classroom.

Pros

Nearpod is a must-have tool for educators. It is engaging and has students interacting with their education. Nearpod has a free version that contains a lot of features but also has a paid version. Nearpod has so many different ways to make lessons interactive. They also have an extensive library of well-developed lessons and they keep up to date with current events. Nearpod is at the top of my ed tech tools list.

Cons

The free version is limiting, but it still offers a lot. Sometimes the new and amazing updates are delayed on the app, but work on the web.

Reasons for Choosing Nearpod

We felt like Nearpod offered a more comprehensive product than Pear Deck.

Hope from ASD1

Nearpod has transformed our classrooms

Nearpod has transformed our classrooms and allowed teachers to reach both face to face and virtual students at the same time. It has been an excellent tool for asynchronous learning.

Pros

The functionality of using Nearpod to share lessons is excellent. In today's classrooms where there are both face to face and virtual students, Nearpod has allowed teachers to reach all students at the same time. The teacher paced option allows teachers to control the pace. The student paced option is great for asynchronous work. The library of lessons has some great resources. My teachers love the ability to convert Google Slides into Nearpod lessons.

Cons

I would like to see a feature where students can work offline for those who may not have internet access at home. I hope that this in the works with the new integration that is coming with Google Classroom updates.

Don from William S Hart Union High School District

Nearpod

I used this product because my school site bought us a license. I had used Pear Deck previously which is a similar software. In my opinion Pear deck is much easier to use and the students enjoy using it more as well.

Pros

It makes boring powerpoints more interactive. You can engage students by asking questions throughout the lesson and see their responses on your screen. There is also a library of pre-existing lessons ready to use.

Cons

The pre-made lessons didn't really fit my needs and creating your own Nearpod presentation from scratch is extremely time consuming. During the lesson it is difficult to go back and forth between the presentation and checking student responses.

Reasons for Switching to Nearpod

My school site paid for it. I plan on going back to Pear Deck and away from Near Pod

Nearpod for Education

I love the "time to climb" aspect when I am teaching a live lesson. Students visually can see their progress and this motivates them to continue.

Pros

I like the funcionality of nearpod in allowing the creation an sharing of a lesson in a fun format. With Nearpod, I can import a lesson that I have already created in Google slides, power point or I can create them through nearpod. I can embed a virtual field trip, musical links and audio files throughout my created lesson. As I am giving a live lesson, each student sees my annotations and discovers for themselves the lesson, as it allows themm to individually work through an assignment.

Cons

Nearpod does not make it easy for me to see what my students are doing all at the same time. It does not let me see the notes that they took.

Reasons for Switching to Nearpod

Nearpod allowed me to annotate and show steps in my lesson while my students had access to it. They were seeing me in real time go through each step. As I wrote on my board, it appeared on theirs. They could interact in a collaborative board. Student responses are recorded.

Lisa from Gaston Day School

My new favorite distance learning tools!

We had more teachers use this service than any other offered because they said it was very user friendly and it gave them great immediate feedback on student progress.

Pros

I am the director of educational technology at a school that recently shifted to virtual learning. We gave our teachers several lesson delivery/classroom management services to try out and this was their favorite. Nearpod has a great resource library with lots of great videos and lesson content. You also can track everything about how a student engages with the content you post.

Cons

I am curious how expensive it is going to be. The service is free right now because of COVID-19 but we will definitely need to invest in it next year.

Reasons for Choosing Nearpod

It was the most user friendly and gives the best data on how students interact with the content.

Nearpod for online educators

Overall I am very glad that I came across Nearpod and integrated it into use for live online teaching. It has been particularly useful for quieter students who may not volunteer to speak or give answers verbally as they are prompted to complete tasks on their own which I can then view discreetly as the teacher.

Pros

Nearpod has been fantastic to help make existing class materials more interactive for online lessons. It offers the ability to upload and enhance existing materials, as well as searching from a range of provided templates and lessons that can be edited. Nearpod absolutely offers the ability for online lessons to be interactive for students as it has, for example, surveys and individual tasks that students are prompted to complete on their own as certain times of a presented lesson. The platform allows for lessons to be tailored for a range of age groups and skill levels. It is visually engaging for students and encourages participation.

Cons

I was able to teach myself how to use Nearpod with a concentrated effort but teachers who have not used online platforms for teaching may need some support. The features I could access with a free account were more than enough for my needs, but do note that some things that cannot be used (including some aspects of pre-made/ provided lessons) without a paid subscription.

Reasons for Switching to Nearpod

Nearpod is much more interactive for students than the other online free (making presentation) platform that I was using.

Angela from Fort Smith School

Provides Effective Interactive Lessons

Nearpod has been a very useful tool for presenting material and evaluating student performance. It is simple to use and has functionality that has enhanced my classroom instruction.

Pros

Nearpod allows me to upload my slideshows seamlessly to the platform. It allows "real-time" checking for understanding for my students to alleviate misconceptions immediately. The feature for assigning the presentation as homework is also useful for absent students. In addition, the ability to add voice to the lessons really enhances the comprehension of the material for my students.

Cons

It is difficult to grade the results of the students' responses because the software does not notify you when a student has submitted an assignment nor does it upload to learning management systems. When a student submits an assignment late, I do not know evaluate their performance and post their results in the electronic gradebook.

Nearpod for DIstance Learning

Nearpod is an app that I discovered during distant learning. It is effective and helps me keep students engage with interactive content.

Pros

This program is an awesome way to keep students engaged during class. The teacher is able to see the students' understanding.

Cons

The slide component is a little awkward. There are not a lot of theme options unless we use the premium add-on in google slides. However, that can be mitigated by uploading the slideshow in Nearpod once your complete it in slides

Joanne from Mabry Middle School

Nearpod

I use Nearpod for all kinds of things with my students - initial instruction, test review, practice with vocabulary, you name it. Sometimes we use it for fun things like class games. I even used it for a virtual baby shower once. It allows participants to respond in several different formats to different types of questions.

Pros

I absolutely love Nearpod because it allows students to interact with the lesson in meaningful ways.

Cons

I do not have any cons to speak of; I would love it if more activities for students to complete were added but the selection at the moment is still great.

Shana from Newport News Public Schools

The perfect tool for asynchronous work and differentiation

Nearpod has been an incredible addition to my self-contained English as a Second Language classroom. My new to country students are emergent in their language and literacy skills, but are able to navigate Nearpod easily after only a few tutorial sessions. It has made a huge difference in what work I can provide for them to do during independent work time while I meet with small groups. Seriously, this is an instructional game changer. I was lucky enough to have a small class size that allowed us to be 1:1 for devices, but this would have worked by staggering online and offline activities as well.

Pros

Nearpod is an incredibly easy to navigate platform. The interface with Google Slides is seamless and allows for greater creativity in building slide decks for instruction. It has a variety of student response types (matching, drawing, multiple choice, short answer, etc.) and they are adding features on a regular basis. This program is especially helpful for providing the same instruction at asynchronous times (student-paced option) or for guiding synchronous lessons across devices (live lesson option). Reports let you know who logged in to the lesson as well as what their responses were to various prompts. There are a wealth of lessons in the lesson library that you can launch as is or modify to fit your instructional needs. Because students are able to work through it independently, you can use Nearpod as an independent work station and have students logged into remediation, practice, or enrichment lessons simultaneously. Because you can record audio over slides as well as within question prompts, this is an excellent tool to differentiate for students who need accommodations and who are emergent in their literacy skills. Nearpod also works as an excellent tool for delivering professional development as you can record audio over slides, embed videos, and link to outside sources.

Cons

Audio recording is only available through lessons created within Nearpod (cannot be imported through Google Slides extension), but I'm sure this is something that will be modified in future updates.

Shane from Greenville County Schools

Big fan of Nearpod for Education

All in all, I'm a big fan. I recommend it in the classroom and strongly suggest teachers explore using it. You must be in one-to-one setting.

Pros

I'm a big fan of Nearpod when giving presentations. Here are the pros I see: - Allows students to become active participants in their education. Presenting instructional content is engaging with Nearpod, not just a one-way conversation. - You have the ability to check for understanding with built-in questions. - They have a ton of free resources that are great. - Real-time assessment/feedback. - They've even offered VR field trips that you can take your students on. - It's easy to learn how to use it, navigate, and build presentations. - You can also easily upload presentations from other platforms.

Cons

While I feel that the pros outweigh the cons, here are some problems I see: - It is completely based on your wifi. If you have a weak internet, then Nearpod will be slow and lagging. If you add a lot of students to a presentation, it can also significantly slow down. (Although I realize that this is not necessarily Nearpod's fault - it is worth noting.) - Even though you can check for understanding in real-time, you cannot do so anonymously. It would be nice if you can anonymously assess students from time-to-time. - The subscription is steep - some may think it's worth it and the features are great, but it comes with a price that is a bit much. - The coolness factor will eventually wear off with students.

Renee from St. Wenceslaus School

Catholic emelentary use of nearpod

The product is so unique and fun that the students enjoy learning. There are so many academic benefits that I don't think I have enough room to list them all. It can be used in every classroom for all ages and subjects. I even got the school counselors using it with the middle school kids. Like any product, it takes time to make it your own, but it is time well spent.

Pros

I am able to take control of the student's computer screen so they are unable to move ahead or fall behind. I am able to see each student's answer as they submit it. If I want to I can share all responses or select the responses that work for the lesson. I see what each person is doing on their desktop or laptop computer. It saves the data and I can use it to triangulate future data. The students LOVE it and always ask if we can "do a nearpod" today.

Cons

It took me days to purchase a subscription and they tried to "upsell" me and I hate that. I just want to be able to order a subscription online. Instead, I had to call and get transferred, then their system was down and they could not process my credit card. They asked me to call back so I did and it still did not work. I only had the school credit card for a few hours and I was trying to teach. It should not have been so difficult. I almost quit trying but I really really wanted to use the product because it is amazing.

Christine from Flanders School

Great Engagement and Success Tracking

Nearpod is my presentation go-to that helps me deliver information or learning in a fun and efficient way. It allows me to assess my students with reports in real time. I can even share a code with adults then I can track who has accessed it. I often turn to the Nearpod library when I need a last minute lesson-- it gives me content to start with so I don't have to build a lesson from scratch.

Pros

I use Nearpod for training teachers as well as creating and delivering lessons to students. The interactive features such as quizzes, a Time To Climb game, and Draw It keep grownups and kid engaged in the material. The VR "field trips" are amazing also, even if you don't have VR goggles. Nearpod support is great, there is a very active community of users to learn from, and the company is very responsive to feedback.

Cons

There is a learning curve before a person can use Nearpod to its full advantage. There are many premade lessons, but they often need to be customized for specific audiences such as grade level (I have found some of the Kindergarten lessons, for example, are too advanced for most little ones).The file structure and management is also a little awkward.

n/a

Alana from east end prep

The #1 Student Engagement Tool

I love how there is a product that can bring student learning to life in an easy to facilitate way.

Pros

Cons

This does not happen often, but sometimes the slides will not save and you literally cannot teach. If the Nearpod is created fully in Nearpod, you do not have slides to fall back on for teaching or providing professional development.

Matthew from Lancaster Middle School

Nearpod for Education

I have recommended Nearpod to whoever is looking for a great tool to use in a classroom. The basic account has limited storage, but the upgraded account will let me make plans for the entire school year. I use this daily to create lessons for all my students and couldn't ask for a better tool.

Pros

I love the functionality of Nearpod. I am able to upload lessons from other programs to create interactive lessons for my students. Nearpod has a lot of features that can be imbedded from other technology reasources, too. In a virtual/hybrid learning situation, Nearpod is a great resource to reach students with and without solid internet access.

Reasons for Switching to Nearpod

I wanted to create notes with audio. Nearpod let's me add audio to individual slides, making it easier to rerecord notes if I make a mistake.

Ronald from Southampton Township School

Nearpod For In-person or Distance Learning

I have been using Nearppod for a bit of time and then when the pandemic hit and remote learning took over it was a blessing to be able to use, it made student feel like I was right there with them and we continued with our lessons but most importantly continued with the relationships that we had built and were able to build new relationships using the platfrom.

Pros

Nearpod is a great online learning tool that can be used in the classroom or remotely. Teachers can lead the learning or opt for student paced mode and it integrates seamlessly with Google Classroom. They have great customer support, online how to videos, and it's easy to use. You can be using a premade Nearpod from the thousands in their library within a few minutes and be learning to create your own shortly thereafter. With the large number of activity and content choices students will stay engaged through the entire lesson and they can even collaborate with certain activities. One of the most useful tools in my toolbox.

Cons

The only thing that I don't like is Nearpod own Flocabualry yet you have to pay for it as an add on if you want to be able to use more than 3 of their videos. This was a disappointing to learn.

Daniel from AACPS

Another Tool in the Teacher Toolbox

Nearpod is a great way to run interactive whole group or independent lessons with students, but it doesn't fully implement itself with other classroom tools such as Google Classroom. Because of this, it can be frustrating to go from one tool to another to create a lesson and then formative assessment for students. This has been great for me for interspersed uses, but until it implements a little better, it can be tough to use daily.

Pros

Nearpod helps teachers (and others) create powerpoint-like lessons for students to go through either in whole group settings or student-paced. The slides can range from interactive ones like student drawing or typing responses or can be static slides, linking students to other resources. Students can join on a variety of device types with a lesson code, or by linking the lesson directly to your Google Classroom.

Cons

While the tool can help students go through a lesson, I wish it implemented itself with other tools a little better. The fact that I can link this straight to my Google Classroom is great, but it won't allow me to keep or save any individual grades from the Nearpod easily. This means if I want this to be an independent lesson for students with a formative assessment at the end, I have to make the Nearpod, and then create a graded opportunity separately. I've been told this update will come to the program, but until then, that can be frustrating.

Christie from Pearl academy

Nearpod my students love time to climb!!

The customer service is hard to get in touch with. I guess it’s better for district level!

Pros

My students look forward to their daily time 2 climb. They software makes it so easy to get instant feedback and quizzes. The draw it feature lets them fill in PDFs and do drawings. The timer that you can set it also awesome because it paces them during each activity.

Cons

The only real con I have with this is that it’s sooo expensive for the full version.

Ease of use

Bryan from Avon Grove Charter School

Amazing Resource for Student Engagement

Its an amazing tool that all teachers need to have in their arsenal. As a teacher, I used it daily and it was my go-to presentation creator.

Pros

Nearpod is a must-have - especially during this period of remote learning. Nearpod is an amazing tool that promotes student engagement and collaboration. Its like PowerPoint/Google Slides on steroids. Teachers can easily create engaging activities, complete formative assessment checks, and connect students remotely through self-paced or teacher-led lessons. The Nearpod Extensions for Google Slides also makes it even easier to transform your static presentations into engaging learning experiences.

Cons

When students join a session, Nearpod simply asks them to type their name. It would be great if they implemented some type of SSO option so it automatically logs students' names. This would significantly cut down on the number of inappropriate things students may type in as names.

James from Cannons Creek Independent School

Nearpod in the classroom

Overall, the interactive nature of Nearpod makes lessons engaging and fun for the pupils. The teacher is able to receive and give instant feedback to their students.

Pros

Nearpod is a very useful alternative to PowerPoint presentations that keep your students active in the lesson. Nearpod uses a basic PowerPoint presentation which is displayed on the pupils devices but gives you the option to add questions or make students draw on a diagram making it interactive. The teacher has a dashboard whereby you can view all your pupils responses and then single out responses to display for further discussion.

Cons

Making a presentation from scratch on the Nearpod site can be time consuming but if you already have a PowerPoint presentation that you can upload and then add to it, it is much better. Unfortunately, any animations in your original PowerPoint will be lost.

Allison from CCA

Instruction Made Easy

Pros

I love how you can use just about any type of media with a Nearpod presentation. You are able to design directly in Nearpod with the slides or you can upload presentations from Microsoft or Google files.

Cons

I do experiencing some issues with saving from time to time. Nearpod does not seem to function well if you have more than 1 presentation in edit mode. Sometimes I like to work side by side to double check both presentations follow the same format. Unfortunately this means that Nearpod does not always save my work.

Nick from Ramapo Indian Hills High School District

Self-Paced and Interactive Presentations

Overall, it has done what I needed and allows me to control a presentation or push out some fun interactive elements to help keep students on their toes and assess quickly and efficiently.

Pros

Love the ability to create presentations or upload presentations I have previously created into NearPod and insert more interactive elements within them. There is a variety of question types and features. One really useful note is that you can control the presentation on your end, but have students or those attending your session view a different screen. This feature is great when designing virtual guided tours. I also appreciate that NearPod has integrated itself with Schoology LMS. Big bonus.

Cons

Honestly I don't have too much. The one gripe I have is that this is a great tool to enhance interaction and engagement, but relies on teacher-led instruction at the forefront. With a push toward self-directed/personalized learning, this may be a drawback. But this is a good tool to get you started with tech integration, or move toward VR as an element to your classroom.

Sr. Brittany from Mary Help of Christians Academy

Interactive Presentation App for Multiple Learning Intelligences

I am happy I have this resource to use in my classroom. I wish I had more time to develop more lessons.

Pros

I have been a Nearpod user since 2012 (almost the beginning). I have seen the program evolve over time into a more and more dynamic platform for teachers to update their presentations and add interactive elements like polls, quizzes, virtual 360 tours, videos, audio, and worksheets. The pre-made presentations that come with a site license can be a huge time saver.

Cons

With time, Nearpod has become more expensive. As a small school, we have had to make sacrifices to afford the site license. It can be hard getting faculty to feel comfortable using it because it is a new way of approaching presentations, but those who adopt them enjoy using it. It does require a time investment to build a lesson in Nearpod, but they are sharable and reusable.

An excellent interactive tool for teaching and learning

We use Nearpod to promote active learning in our teachers and trainers. It has enabled our tutors to get meaningful engagement in a variety of audience sizes (large lectures and small groups). The fact that it works reliably on students' devices both on the web and dedicated app makes it easy for learners to engage with.

Pros

Nearpod provides a seamless means of both presenting content and embedding interactions for learners to engage with on their own mobile devices. The variety of interactions is wide, allowing for all kinds of ways for students to engage. The set is growing all the time, e.g. the new 3D graphics function is very welcome! The ability to embed PowerPoint slides is very helpful (paid-for plans only) and the in-built slide content design toolset has really grown over the years to become much more viable. The paid-for plans also provide access to many other libraries of existing content.

Cons

The lover level paid-for plans are quite limited in the number of active users and the fact that >200 concurrent users requires a custom enterprise plan may put off smaller, not-for-profit organisations. It would be good to have larger audience users available in the lower tier plans.

Kathleen from Leeward Community College

Unique Twist to Presentations

We used Nearpod to enhance presentations to groups of faculty and staff, in both large and small settings. We used the POLL activity to have all participants "vote" on which topics would be discussed. We had all topics set up in the Nearpod presentation. When participants voted -- we switched to appropriate slides. It was a great change-up from typical presentations and was received enthusiastically. Nearpos is also used quite effectively in the classroom. I like that I can use educational tools to enhance general communication.

Pros

It's so easy to include a wide variety of media into a Nearpod presentation. It's aimed primarily at classroom learning, in-person or virtual, but I've found it can enhance a standard business presentation to increase engagement.

Cons

Actually, there wasn't anything significant that I didn't like about Nearpod. If we ran into problems, it generally was generally due to users not the software.

Ross from PURSUANT

Nearpod's games make studying fun for students

Nearpod is very good for introducing and presenting material to a group of people.

Pros

Nearpod has a fun drawing feature that allows students to be creative while answering questions. Nearpod is an interactive studying experience that allows teachers to view the knowledge of the students while allowing fun studying games. Some features are similar to Quizlet such as matching and the quiz feature. It is used in my child's Spanish class to help the students comprehend new vocabulary words.

Cons

I overall like this software, but sometimes it lags a little when people are submitting assignments. I wish there was a fullscreen feature on computers so that people are able to see it better. I feel like Quizlet is more helpful for studying, but Nearpod is very efficient on introducing new material.

Brian from Northside Independent School District

Great For Virtual Learning

This is great for virtual learning. Students can see all notes and have quick check for understandings and the teacher can easily give immediate feedback. The incorporation of questions during the videos makes it nice to keep students actively engaged.

Pros

-Great for immediate student feedback -Teacher view lets you easily see data and student progress -Teacher view show names on answers and textbox while student view does not -Convert Google Slides to Nearpod -Add in questions during video clip -Nearpod Administrator can impersonate all users and see their nearpods and their data

Cons

-Sometimes slow to load for students, especially videos -Cannot draw

Sarah from Anderson District One

Nearpod for Distance Learning

Our teachers have been very pleased with Nearpod. They enjoy being able to collaborate and share lessons with colleagues. They have enjoyed using all the interactive features with students to vary lessons from day to day.

Pros

As a K-12 Instructional Technologist, our district decided to purchase Nearpod to support our face-to-face and virtual students and teachers at the middle and high school level. Since our teachers might have virtual or quarantined students at home, it's one of the best ways to keep students engaged while they are learning from home. Teachers are able to get real-time data and provide timely feedback

Cons

Nearpod was a bigger purchase for our district and that is why we never had it prior to this school year. We have found it to be a worthwhile purchase and a wonderful resource.

Megan from FLVS

An absolute MUST for classrooms with technology

Pros

Nearpod has made my job (I'm a teacher) so much easier!! I love how Nearpod offers student paced lessons or teacher led lessons. This is a great way to differentiate instruction and allow students to work at their own pace. I have used Nearpod in my classroom and during staff meetings. It's very easy to use and there are several lessons you can use if you don't want to make your own. Students can also use this as a presentation tool!

Cons

I do wish there was a way that I could switch from teacher led to student paced throughout my presentation.

Kristen from Wren Middle School

Nearpod

I have been very impressed with Nearpod. I definitely plan to continue using it with my students.

Pros

Our district has been piloting Nearpod premium. I am a middle school STEM teacher. I have used Nearpod before but never in my STEM classroom. I was impressed by the number of already created STEM lessons. I have used several of the career Nearpods with my students while we have been doing eLearning.

Cons

I really do not have any complaints. I love the new interactive features like Climb the Wall. We played that at a PD session and it was a lot of fun.

Jonathan from Faith Lutheran High School

Replaces the Projector

This is a great product and Nearpod's customer service it great too!

Pros

Cons

I would like Nearpod to be more user-friendly for my students to do a group project or even an individual project.

Aileen from Alo7

Mindblowing!

Pros

Cons

This is a costly product. You can be sure you get what you pay for, however.

Anna from St. Joseph Notre Dame

Nearpod provides multiple tools on one platform

A very user friendly and engaging product that has been very helpful for distance learning and will continue to be so in the classroom.

Pros

Nearpod is excellent for creating interactive and engaging lessons. It takes slide presentations up considerable notches by allowing you to easily add elements such as polls, quizzes, videos and games. Lessons can be delivered live or set for student paced so students my view and interact on their own. It has been indispensable for distance learning.

Silfrido from Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez

Teaching hand in hand with technology

Very good with the classes and live webinars.

Pros

I like the methodology used as teaching in the hand of technology, its audio and video tools, the facility to create interactive virtual classes with interaction of the student population adjusted to the programmatic content, the evaluation of the contents in optimal time, as well as the follow-up of the students.

Cons

The only limitation I see is the connection to the Internet, because the higher the level of technology, the greater the dependence on an optimal connection to the Internet. The rest are the benefits that I can comment on.

Marius from Aros

Best software to enhance student engagement

It helped us to improve student engagement in a flipped classroom teaching strategy. Please buy the license and start using it. You will not regret it.

Pros

Easy to use. Student paced mode enables you to make your presentation, a homework assignment with questions. Great for Formative assessment. VR and 3D images Very good analytical data of every session

Cons

Nothing. It's really amazing. A bit pricey, but worth every cent.

Libby from Howard ECC AHISD

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Interactive fun for the younger learners

Near pod is overall a great interactive learning tool for kindergarten. It’s not passive learning but rather active learning.

Pros

Near pod is fun and interactive for kindergarten. Children love to follow along and interact as they learn. They can draw and write and view videos that you embed. They also love the virtual tours.

Marina from Fulton County Schools

Nearpod is great!

Nearpod is engaging and useful in the classroom during lessons or can be assigned easily as homework. It links to many different learning platforms and is easy to navigate.

Pros

Nearpod helps teachers easily use the 'flipped classroom' model of teaching in an engaging way. I love how students can pace themselves through a lesson and I love all the lessons available on the site. Some are made by Nearpod and some are shared by other teachers. It is easy to upload an existing presentation or to create your own in the platform. I also like that students don't need a sign in to participate in this site. They have so many logins for different things already.

Cons

Sometimes the software can freeze and then students must start the activity over. It would be great if there was a save option.

Jordan J. from Democracy Prep Public Schools

Best Virtual Teaching Tool

Nearpod is a crucial app in our online teaching platform. We are able to virtually teach students from their homes. Nearpod provides visuals and interactive options to engage student learning.

Pros

The open ended questions engage students in virtual learning. This helps teachers check for understanding in a scholars work. This also allows teachers to look for any misconceptions scholars may have. Another feature I like is the collaboration and virtual field trips. The collaboration option lets students post their thoughts on a specific topic. This shows scholars thoughts, ideas, predications, etc.

Cons

You need to take time to learn this app. There are many useful features; but you need to set aside time to learn it.

Ayesha from Pomona Unified School District

Get Closer to Success with Nearpod

Pros

What I liked most about this software is that it includes a variety of interactive features that include built-in assessments. It's beneficial for elementary school educators like me who desire to enhance their teaching and students' learning.

Cons

What I liked least about this software is that it loads slowly if there are many users viewing your lesson. Nearpod is also not available to access offline.

Kathleen from Guilford County Schools

Game Changer

Overall, using Nearpod changed everything about online learning for the BETTER.

Pros

There are so many features I love about Nearpod: 1. It’s easy for students to access and use, 2. I can create in Nearpod or import from google drive, my computer, etc... 3. I can add audio recordings on the slides, and my OVERALL favorite is 4. IT HAS ITS IWN INTERACTIVE FEATURES FOR STUDENT ENGAGEMENT. You can easily create games, collaborative boards, quizzes, etc...

Cons

What I like least about Nearpod includes: 1. I cannot change the font style, 2. The file upload size is a bit small, 3. I would like to be able to save a game to put in multiple presentations without recreating them each time.

JJ from School City of Mishawaka

Nearpod Revioew

Overall I would recommend Nearpod to people who do not want to have to reinvent the wheel when looking for ways to present new information to a class. Great in a 1 to 1 or lecture style classroom.

Pros

- They have a pretty extensive library of preexisting activities featuring a variety of topics. - Compatible with 1 to 1 classrooms through a variety of classroom programs (google classroom, canvas, etc.) - Great for introducing new topics in the classroom - Great for whole class instruction

Cons

- I wish it had a way of compiling student results for each question - Not all information in the presentations is relevant to what the students may need to know. You can edit the activity though to fit your needs. - Have not found it to be useful for individual student activities

Michael from Bay Shore School District

Excellent for Hybrid or Digital Learning

Nearpod has allowed me to connect with students in the classroom and at home simultaneously

Pros

What I like most about Nearpod is it allows me to control the pace of the lesson, whether the students are physically in front of me, or they are at home

Cons

The only thing I did not like about Nearpod is that it is somewhat tedious to add in all of the activities and added features

Jeff from Logan City School District

A More Engaging Presentation

I love this program. We are lucky to have a free premium account bought by the state of Utah. This is a very easy to use product for teachers, and one that students love!

Pros

Nearpod is basically google slides or powerpoint, except the main focus is getting the students engaged in the lesson. Through "Activities" students use their own laptops to responds to questions. They are also constantly updating! You can also take all the google slides that you have made, and add Nearpod activities into it.

Cons

There are a few things that are just frustrating. For example, if I drag and drop an image, I may be told "This image is too big". It is 2020, can this not be auto sized?

Rebecca from ISANA Academies

Great Resource to Supplement Curriculum

Overall, the lessons were engaging and well made! This was a great resource to have and use to supplement, introduce, or review specific topics.

Pros

I love how many different lessons are available for all grade levels and all topics. It allowed me to find specific resources that meet the various needs of the students in my classroom. I love the ease of assigning these lessons OR using them to guide my teaching. The live version to use allows you to be in control of each slide and when it moves from one to the other, I love this function because it keeps my students on track and focused while allowing me to manage their engagement and use.

Cons

One thing I did not specifically like is that some of the lessons really should only be done as a live version but they still had the option to have the students complete it on their own. This caused confusion with specific sections that needed to be discussed aloud or done together. I think it would have been helpful if there was a way of knowing this beforehand.

Ashley from Democracy Prep

Nearpod makes virtual learning fun

The best part about using nearpod is that there are two options: live participation and student paced. While I teach we use live participation so I advance the slides and we’re all together even though they’re on their own devices. I use student paced for scholars who didn’t make it to class and need to study the material asynchronously.

Pros

This add-on to google slides is perfect. Scholars can interact with the lessons, watch videos, do virtual labs, draw, you name it! It’s the perfect way to bring what was happening in the classroom into the virtual space.

Cons

I wish you could copy the slides when you make them in google slides. Nearpod slides can’t be copied and pasted the way traditional slides can.

Amber from WL

One of the Best EDTECH Apps Around- If you have fund for one app, pick this one!

Pros

Nearpod has improved SO much over the past five years and really takes the feedback from teachers to heart. In large classrooms, it can sometimes be hard to hear from all students and Nearpod truly gives every one a voice! From polls to controlling the pace of the presentation, to quizzes and drawing, there are some many features to help bring content to life, while checking for understanding along the way.

Cons

Sometimes it is not clear what features are included with a premium subscription and what are not. Users are given a free trial when creating their account, and I think this can be misleading as users may then believe these features are also included.

Andrew from Madison Elementary School

Interactive Presentations

Nearpod opened up the door to a style of presentation I had not thought of and will help enhance your information whether in education or the workplace.

Pros

Nearpod improves on presentations by allowing you to integrate question types and project to the other users screens.

Cons

Nearpod could use some upgrades with their annotation tools in real time to allow a more effective live teaching tool.

Rachel from San Diego Unified School District

Engaging and Scaffolding curriculum!

Pros

Let me start by saying I am such an advocate for Nearpod! Want a student centered lesson? Nearpod! Want room for collaboration and student involvement? Nearpod! Want student paced lessons and immediate scores on quizzes? Nearpod! I also love that there are lessons already made you can buy if you're feeling lazy or don't want to reinvent the wheel.

Cons

What I don't like about this is the price - with the free version you only are able to save a few lessons, and don't have access to most of the interactive aspects. When I had a school account, it was amazing! But unfortunately, I don't think it is worth the high price. The free version is great!

Sarah from Duxbury Public Schools

Nearpod

They do a good job trying to be responsive to the needs of educators, and I appreciate these efforts by the company.

Pros

This platform is a great option for delivering presentations to students and engaging them at high levels. One of the key things we must do as educators is take data to determine if students are learning what we need them to during a given lesson. This platform lets you embed these opportunities, providing the teacher immediate data and feedback from all students in a digital format.

Cons

This lends itself best to an iPad environment in my opinion. Our switch to Chromebooks has made this less of the ideal situation for our students and staff.